Lower Tiers, how are the transfers?

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Leaving out the Top 7 servers, how is your server doing with the change in transfer pricing and the many players shuffling around? Is your server’s player counts gaining, losing or holding steady?

BP is currently declining losing a lot of guilds and veteran commanders to FA, TC and Mag.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: DaMikenatr.7041

DaMikenatr.7041

GoM has held really stable with no guilds leaving. We’ve had a few old members return from other servers as well.

Tsyborg – human guardian – commander
Vicious Instinct [VI]

in WvW

Posted by: Mugo.5723

Mugo.5723

MANvil Rock solid here! I have seen wvw refugee’s and a few new guilds here as well.

Manvil Rock Commander Riem Gren [MAN]

in WvW

Posted by: Frosch.7809

Frosch.7809

You know how things are on YB, you’ve been facing us for weeks. Large WvW guilds had already left for T1/2, so there wasn’t much left that we could lose to free-transfer-servers. Still, we lost one or the other small guild to HoD, one rank beneath us. We got one guild from SoR, so since the last larger WvW guild left us we’ve been roughly holding steady.

[Yak’s Bend]

in WvW

Posted by: Rhalas.4167

Rhalas.4167

HOD WVW has gotten a huge boost.

[WAR]- HOD
Lord Rhalas: Commander

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Tarnished Coast are swallowing every server around them. You should see them in WvW. 0 defense, 100% offense, 90 – 100man blobs.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Norin Swift.6342

Norin Swift.6342

Kaineng hasn’t gotten any big guild transfers, as far as I can tell, but we have received a few roamers who have certainly helped. A big WvW transfer would actually make an enormous difference to us. That said, any individual can make a big difference too.

If you’re still considering jumping down, consider Kaineng. We’re always in fights, always defending, always pushing when we can, and relentlessly fighting regardless of the odds. If “winning” by ppt coverage is what you’re aiming for, you’re not going to find it on Kaineng unless we get more trasnfers. But if you want a daily challenge in WvW and a tight-knit WvW community, Kaineng welcomes you!

Give it some thought.

Thorin Graf – Leader of The League of Tyrian Adventurers [LoTA]

in WvW

Posted by: SniffyCube.6107

SniffyCube.6107

Kaineng hasn’t gotten any big guild transfers, as far as I can tell, but we have received a few roamers who have certainly helped. A big WvW transfer would actually make an enormous difference to us. That said, any individual can make a big difference too.

If you’re still considering jumping down, consider Kaineng. We’re always in fights, always defending, always pushing when we can, and relentlessly fighting regardless of the odds. If “winning” by ppt coverage is what you’re aiming for, you’re not going to find it on Kaineng unless we get more trasnfers. But if you want a daily challenge in WvW and a tight-knit WvW community, Kaineng welcomes you!

Give it some thought.

Gonna plug AR in there as well, but I’d be really happy to see some guilds for Kain

massive tenacity

The Black Tides
[TBT]
Èl Cid

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

Tarnished Coast are swallowing every server around them. You should see them in WvW. 0 defense, 100% offense, 90 – 100man blobs.

LOL what?! Is that what it looks like on your side there? I must assure you that TC most definitely defends. I’m now throwing down superior siege with confidence that it will be maintained and manned, something I haven’t bothered doing in months on Borlis Pass. There was a bit of a culture shock at the level of organization, support and all around friendliness of the various guilds. These guys sound the drum, communicate and fight tooth and nail to cap and upgrade even enemy keeps.

Whispers with meat.

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

LOL what?! Is that what it looks like on your side there? I must assure you that TC most definitely defends. I’m now throwing down superior siege with confidence that it will be maintained and manned, something I haven’t bothered doing in months on Borlis Pass. There was a bit of a culture shock at the level of organization, support and all around friendliness of the various guilds. These guys sound the drum, communicate and fight tooth and nail to cap and upgrade even enemy keeps.

4 people running in to a tower when it’s being attacked doesn’t count as defense. But, if it helps you sleep at night.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

4 people running in to a tower when it’s being attacked doesn’t count as defense.

It does if there’s less than 10 attackers. everything is relative.

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

in WvW

Posted by: Medazolam.3058

Medazolam.3058

I have not noticed any new guilds on Ferg Crossing. Of course I cant remember that last time we had a WvW guild leave or come to FC. I think we have been pretty consistent for a good bit now.

in WvW

Posted by: allstarpro.4610

allstarpro.4610

From BP, just transferred to ET. Looking nice. IMO better than BP. Quite a few of us from BP.

Sovereign Union leader

in WvW

Posted by: Zutha.5091

Zutha.5091

Whiteside Ridge has been effected drastically. There’s only kitten commander’s left (Amitush, Jack Giant Slayer etc) and people are leaving daily.

in WvW

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

It’s a misconception that the free transfers are helping the low servers… they’re helping mid-tier servers who are free or have only 800 gem transfer price.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

in WvW

Posted by: Phlogus.2371

Phlogus.2371

Devonas has had some small guilds and a few individuals come over. Some of our players have returned from other servers as well. WvW is far from dead or stagnant on Devonas Rest. Look at the matchup this week it has been a tight match all week and a real blast to fight.

Phlogustus Male Char DD Ele
Molen Labe Female Human Necro
Devonas Rest – Black Rose Legion -CF4L

in WvW

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Well Darkhaven has lost quite a few due to the free transfers, while receiving none (that I know of anyways) due to us having a gem cost. Anet should have made it so there was some other kind of incentive to move down to bronze league servers (like give extra tickets to the players that moved to lower servers, proportional to the difference in server ranking of starting/ending server). Top bronze should have only been 400 gems, if that.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

From BP, just transferred to ET. Looking nice. IMO better than BP. Quite a few of us from BP.

Not gunna lie, little disappointed in the BP’s moving down, would have thought you would have come to your second home AR.

Oh well, gotta go where your going to enjoy yourself I guess, have fun on ET maybe they will grow a pair with you guys there

(edited by Nuzt.7894)

in WvW

Posted by: Snowreap.5174

Snowreap.5174

this is not surprising. HoD is the highest-ranked NA server (#13) with free transfers. many players would have no reason to transfer to a lower-ranked server. lower ranked servers have fewer players, and earn fewer rewards.

-ken

The Purge [PURG] – Ehmry Bay

in WvW

Posted by: daydream.2938

daydream.2938

You know how things are on YB, you’ve been facing us for weeks. Large WvW guilds had already left for T1/2, so there wasn’t much left that we could lose to free-transfer-servers. Still, we lost one or the other small guild to HoD, one rank beneath us. We got one guild from SoR, so since the last larger WvW guild left us we’ve been roughly holding steady.

Borlis pass lost 2 of our 3 biggest wvwvw guilds to t1/2. so your not alone, its worth mention ur beating us in our current match up.

in WvW

Posted by: FrozenStarRo.7240

FrozenStarRo.7240

RoS lost guilds in the process of free transfers, gained none. Evidenced by Blacktide dominating us at the moment. Free transfers to RoS come WvW S3?! cause it’s not looking good.

in WvW

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

Underworld went empty as well, though the moods there have been negative since ages. It was bound to happen.

I really think making silver tiered servers free just imploded on the bronze tiered servers. It seems only Vabbi is gaining now, but they’ve been at the bottom for so long that any negative impact on that server was really nothing compared to the others.

That and increased rewards for servers that are high ranked in the tournament. Why wouldn’t you leave if you could go to a more populated server, with a higher chance of getting more rewards.

I really think ArenaNet didn’t really help the lowest tiers at all. Intentional or unintentional I don’t know.

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

in WvW

Posted by: Rhalas.4167

Rhalas.4167

this is not surprising. HoD is the highest-ranked NA server (#13) with free transfers. many players would have no reason to transfer to a lower-ranked server. lower ranked servers have fewer players, and earn fewer rewards.

-ken

Remeber when we were matched up together with CD and the huge CD blobs running around? Thats us now. Its not so much playing as karma training now. I have mixed feeling about it tbh.

[WAR]- HOD
Lord Rhalas: Commander

in WvW

Posted by: Arius.7031

Arius.7031

For Dh we have only received individuals as far as I’m aware, no major guild transfers. We have, however, lost incredible amounts of people to HoD, SF, and CD.

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

in WvW

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

For Dh we have only received individuals as far as I’m aware, no major guild transfers. We have, however, lost incredible amounts of people to HoD, SF, and CD.

Who did you lose to SF

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

in WvW

Arius.7031

Who did you lose to SF

Guild called [food], small roaming guild of really good dh players. Trust me, you were very lucky on that transfer in specific. HoD can have all our baddie zergballers, you got some good Dh roamers :/.

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

in WvW

Posted by: Berserk.7186

Berserk.7186

I know that the FOOD guild came to SF, which is like 5 people, a few random individuals, but other than that.. it looks the same I think.. But SF is already pretty good as is… so hopefully the servers below us get more people for the better fights

in WvW

skullmount.1758

Who did you lose to SF

Guild called [food], small roaming guild of really good dh players. Trust me, you were very lucky on that transfer in specific. HoD can have all our baddie zergballers, you got some good Dh roamers :/.

We’ve lost [food] now as well? All of them, or some?
My morale is really wavering now. I don’t want to leave Darkhaven cause I’ve been here since launch and there are still some really great people on DH, but man this is really demoralizing and making me think about it now.
If we don’t get/have anyone, we’ll never be able to do anything.

Darkhaven server

(edited by skullmount.1758)

in WvW

Straegen.2938

Good to see several of the lower tier servers seeing some positive population growth. I was a bit afraid that BP was a sign of general attrition in the bottom tiers but it appears to be a time for a single server restructuring that other servers have experienced instead.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]

in WvW

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

Who did you lose to SF

Well I guess you and Skull should just slide on over here with food and join our WvW and pvf team.

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

in WvW

Arius.7031

Who did you lose to SF

My morale is really wavering now. I don’t want to leave Darkhaven cause I’ve been here since launch and there are still some really great people on DH, but man this is really demoralizing and making me think about it now.

HoD got FIN, BRL, and a few pugs.
SF got food.
DB (I think) got VoC, though idk how old that is. I miss them so much ):.

Bad stuff but Dh’s sea and oceanic are mostly affected and SotD is definitely staying so we still have a shot. Dun give up!

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

in WvW

Arius.7031

Who did you lose to SF

Well I guess you and Skull should just slide on over here with food and join our WvW and pvf team.

Hmm. 100g up front and I promise to consider considering it for further consideration. Possibly.

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

in WvW

Posted by: Tspatula.9086

Tspatula.9086

Personally, I think the combination of cheap transfers and the reward structure of Season 1 and 2 have only exacerbated the disparity between the servers, so now T1 and T2 are going to be even more stacked with major WvW guilds and the rest of us will be left to pick up the pieces. BP is taking a real hit and that really shouldn’t be the case because we are in the upper middle of everything, we aren’t getting guilds come from lower tiers, only our guilds going to higher tiers, but it’s totally understandable as more “serious” guilds stack on upper tier servers, people guest there and they see organized groups and more structure so they move for that, of course that leaves BS and servers like with a huge vacuum of “serious” guilds. So then we have less organization and it continues. We’ll pick up the pieces for sure, there are enough of us on BS, but overall I can’t see Anet’s efforts to be good thing. Spoon

in WvW

skullmount.1758

Who did you lose to SF

HoD got FIN, BRL, and a few pugs.
SF got food.
DB (I think) got VoC, though idk how old that is. I miss them so much ):.

Bad stuff but Dh’s sea and oceanic are mostly affected and SotD is definitely staying so we still have a shot. Dun give up!

Looks like we lost another guild ([mpk], not sure how big they were) (but not really to another server, more due to Anet):

Grunge wrote:
But my guild is not only leaving DH now, we are leaving GW2. We are full of Anet lack of intelligence, and we will play other games till archeage goes live on america. So, thanks Anet for it too.

*Left out most of his post from the matchup thread due to language not acceptable here.

Darkhaven server

in WvW

Posted by: stinkypants.8419

stinkypants.8419

CD lost our blog guild to HoD (have fun with that btw), but we’ve gained a few single transfers and a few smaller guilds that are stepping up and showing some promise. We’re still looking for folks to come on over.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/recruitment/Crystal-Desert-Interested-Free-Transfers/

(Alvyn | Crystal Desert )

in WvW

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

Transferred from BP to TC.
So nice to not have to run around for 30 min to find a kitten fight. Not a 1 min incursion, an actual battle.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in WvW

skullmount.1758

So nice to not have to run around for 30 min to find a kitten fight. Not a 1 min incursion, an actual battle.

Don’t you have to wait due to the queues though?

Darkhaven server

in WvW

Posted by: Yuki Chuki.2457

Yuki Chuki.2457

We are the strongest server in our tier that’s free to move to atm and already got a huge influx of new players. We’re doing a lot better now point wise. Since all the changes occured, we stomped a server into the ground that was placed 7 ranks above us! But before I had 0-5 minute queues on EB during the week (evening) and now it was approximately 1-2 hours the last few evenings and due to when I have time to play GW2 I can’t really play on my favorite map anymore and I’m thinking about moving to another server so I can play the map I like again. So, there’s that…

Aside from personal complaints, I just think that it’s a very bad idea in general to cause such immense player movements when your ranking system takes weeks or sometimes even months to account for such a thing. Looks like we’ll be fighting in the 10-18 tier and before the reset that just occurred, we were stronger than the server that was ranked 8…. “fun” times ahead for all of us.

(edited by Yuki Chuki.2457)

in WvW

Posted by: EmoDevo.3209

EmoDevo.3209

Yes, everyone transfer to HoD, bring your whole family also.
Who knows, maybe HoD get enough player to go back to T1 even.
And then you guys can be best server NA just like old times.

in WvW

Phlogus.2371

Have any large guilds moved down? I am hearing about smaller guilds under 20 moving around and some single transfers but no large guilds moving down. Looks like ET has had the largest gain?

in WvW

Posted by: Cantur Soulfyre.5409

Cantur Soulfyre.5409

Rumor has it HoD is getting stacked by transfers so they can win Silver from the bottom.

All I know is the bandwagon players who jump just for a new season are really not that good anyways, they need numbers to win which is why they are jumping. The people that jump servers for seasons have zero integrity or else they would stay on their home world and do their own work to make it a good server. Honestly, I would not want those types of folks on my server, as soon as the season ends they will leave and try to take more people with them than they came with.

Cantar Soulfyre-Norn W|Canter Soulfyre-Human G|Cantirus Foghorn – Charr R
Born and raised in Sorrow’s Furnace – WvWvWest Coast Squad
“All hail the mighty Flame Ram!!!” – said by Someone Somewhere at Sometime

(edited by Cantur Soulfyre.5409)

in WvW

Straegen.2938

All I know is the bandwagon players who jump just for a new season are really not that good anyways, they need numbers to win which is why they are jumping. The people that jump servers for seasons have zero integrity or else they would stay on their home world and do their own work to make it a good server. Honestly, I would not want those types of folks on my server, as soon as the season ends they will leave and try to take more people with them than they came with.

There is absolutely no reason to be “loyal” to a server. None… zip. The us/them team concept in GW2 is a false dichotomy. If a player isn’t having fun on their server or would have more fun somewhere else, they should move. Staying put and having less fun is just silly. This is a GAME and we play this GAME to have FUN.

Save words like integrity for the important things in life such as family and friends. Oh and before we do some false equivalency between out of game friend loyalty and in-game friend loyalty, we are ALL GW2 players and we can find friends on any server as well as remain friends with players on the servers we leave. If anything a person opens themselves up to making more friends and having a more enjoyable game experience by migrating frequently.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]

(edited by Straegen.2938)

in WvW

Posted by: Cantur Soulfyre.5409

Cantur Soulfyre.5409

There is absolutely no reason to be “loyal” to a server. None… zip. The us/them team concept in GW2 is a false dichotomy. If a player isn’t having fun on their server or would have more fun somewhere else, they should move. Staying put and having less fun is just silly. This is a GAME and we play this GAME to have FUN.

Save words like integrity for the important things in life such as family and friends. Oh and before we do some false equivalency between out of game friend loyalty and in-game friend loyalty, we are ALL GW2 players and we can find friends on any server as well as remain friends with players on the servers we leave. If anything a person opens themselves up to making more friends and having a more enjoyable game experience by migrating frequently.

First, I am not talking about those that actually jump servers because they do not get along with others, or whatever, I am strictly those that jump to get a better reward, etc.

And, you can put your spin on it, but personal integrity does mean something even if it doesn’t mean anything to you. And just because you call it “false equivalency” does not make it false. Stop putting your own personal thoughts down as facts.

You can excuse seasonal world jumpers all you want, and I am sure it makes them feel better about themselves.

Cantar Soulfyre-Norn W|Canter Soulfyre-Human G|Cantirus Foghorn – Charr R
Born and raised in Sorrow’s Furnace – WvWvWest Coast Squad
“All hail the mighty Flame Ram!!!” – said by Someone Somewhere at Sometime

in WvW

Straegen.2938

Where to begin…

First, I am not talking about those that actually jump servers because they do not get along with others, or whatever, I am strictly those that jump to get a better reward, etc.

Again it is a game… if someone wants to play for a reward then let them and save the judgement for something actually meaningful.

And, you can put your spin on it, but personal integrity does mean something even if it doesn’t mean anything to you. And just because you call it “false equivalency” does not make it false. Stop putting your own personal thoughts down as facts.

Which is EXACTLY what you are doing right now by calling someone that switches to another server lacking in personal integrity. I don’t think you actually know what integrity means. A person isn’t making a moral decision when they decide to play the game on another server. That is NOT a moral choice… a person isn’t going to burn in hell if they move servers. They aren’t going to get arrested and nobody is actually getting hurt.

You can excuse seasonal world jumpers all you want, and I am sure it makes them feel better about themselves.

There is nothing to excuse. You are taking this way too seriously. It is a game, they paid to play it, it is their time, they should be able to enjoy the game how they see fit within the rules of said game. When someone moves,you didn’t get cheated, I didn’t get cheated, nobody gets cheated.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]

in WvW

Phlogus.2371

I believe people are free to choose to stay or move for better game play and a more enjoyable experience. This is a game. However, commitments to a guild, to a server, to a community is a commitment. For me it is a commitment with the weight of my word behind it. The people in my guild, on my server can trust that commitment. That mutual trust is what builds communities. I won’t judge others for their decisions to move I even encourage folks that haven’t found a community to develop in and enjoy to look for one. I have encouraged people on my server to leave just as I have recruited people to come in. There is a difference between chastising someone for transferring and eliminating the value of a commitment to the people you play with.

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

Don’t you have to wait due to the queues though?

I can’t speak for him. We are in the same guild though and to me, our raids have become waaay more fun on TC. Unless it’s reset the queues aren’t that serious if there are any at all (it’s usually Eternal that is the heaviest), even then, the steady stream of fights and the support makes it well worth the wait.
—-
We moved off BP because there was no night crew to play with and we got bored wiping Dragonbrand’s PPT guilds until they became too numerous (did a fair bit of siege creeping too). It would have been nice to get some rivalries going and improve all of our open field skills and get some hard fights but seems they were more interested in ktrains than anything else. Yak’s Bend didn’t do a lot of open field and IoJ wasn’t much different (seemed somewhat of a coverage issue) so there was really nothing left for us there.

Whispers with meat.

in WvW

Straegen.2938

I believe people are free to choose to stay or move for better game play and a more enjoyable experience. This is a game. However, commitments to a guild, to a server, to a community is a commitment. For me it is a commitment with the weight of my word behind it. The people in my guild, on my server can trust that commitment. That mutual trust is what builds communities. I won’t judge others for their decisions to move I even encourage folks that haven’t found a community to develop in and enjoy to look for one. I have encouraged people on my server to leave just as I have recruited people to come in. There is a difference between chastising someone for transferring and eliminating the value of a commitment to the people you play with.

A person doesn’t marry a server or guild by joining them. A person doesn’t have any explicit or implicit obligation to stay with a server that just happened to be where they played… it is mostly happenstance.

Guild selection can be a bit more entangled as some guilds require some sort of sworn loyalty to them but a person is always free to change their minds and any guild that doesn’t embrace that philosophy is again taking a game way too seriously. They are also embracing a cult philosophy which has its own set of moral problems.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]

in WvW

Posted by: daydream.2938

daydream.2938

Who did you lose to SF

Things wax and wane, look at Ioj. FRom tier 2 once, then fell to tier 7, now they pushing back up to tier 3 which is where they should be. YOur just in a wane phase, ride it out. Look how long davonas rest was last, they have gone up 4 places in the last few months.

in WvW

Arius.7031

Again it is a game… if someone wants to play for a reward then let them and save the judgement for something actually meaningful.

If someone wants to make a forum post to state their opinion, let them and save your judgement for something actually meaningful.

So I guess some of us can judge other people’s actions, but it’s not okay for others hmm?

I’m with Cantur ftr. I think there are times when it’s okay for a person to transfer, it is just a game… BUT, I think it’s extremely sad that people are so willing to ditch their friends/allies especially when they need them most (for leagues).

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

in WvW

Posted by: Tspatula.9086

Tspatula.9086

I’m with Cantur ftr. I think there are times when it’s okay for a person to transfer, it is just a game… BUT, I think it’s extremely sad that people are so willing to ditch their friends/allies especially when they need them most (for leagues).

The problem is the setting, WvW is the same thing over and over again, it’s gotten no attention from the Devs. EotM is for PVE players who want achievements, not for WvW players. So people get bored, antsy, and frustrated. Switching to some higher tier is one way to postpone the inevitable… having higher rewards for higher tiers just makes it even worse… players chase the shiney. The way the swiss system works, it’s going to really highlight the disparity between the servers, my guess is that final ranks will be painfully obvious after the first week, then people will start to lose interest…. The devs should never have instigated a system that rewards server stacking and relatively painless transfers… Spoon