Lower the Rank Requirement for Armor

in WvW

Posted by: MadBomber.3719

MadBomber.3719

sorry man 360 hours in 5 years is not a lot…

I’ve been playing games for 25 yrs now 500 hrs for me in wvw and I’ve mastered 99% of the game mode, telling me I need to spend another 1500 hrs is ridiculous when I’ve already mastered it after about 50 hrs.

140 more hours in wvw in the last 5 minutes. impressive. sounds like you just want easy mode handouts. I hate grind in MMOs but this one isnt even bad if you actually played wvw consistently. At least come in with a valid argument and dont change your story. 360 hours in 5 years means you played 72 hours of wvw a year… please. ANET PLZ JUST GIMME LEGENDARY I PLAY WvW for 6 hours a month!

OK I’m rank 364 u do the math? 300 hrs 400hrs ,500hrs which number seems about right? How many hours do u think it takes a veteran gamer to play well at this game mode, how man more hours until it becomes egregious?

the rank has never had to do with player skill… it’s always been about amount played. theres people with rank 3k+ who are terrible. lets say you played 500h of wvw that means you averaged 8.3 hours a month.. thats not a lot at all. your average wvwer will probably average 3-4 hours a day in wvw.

just pop some boosters and hop in the EBG ktrains.

shit guardian on maguuma

(edited by MadBomber.3719)

in WvW

Posted by: Entenkommando.5208

Entenkommando.5208

You forget that not everybody is running ktrain 24/7.
I’ve played hardcore WvW for at least 2 years at around 3-4 hrs of WvW each day, I’m not even at rank 1000 and I won’t let anybody tell me that I’m not dedicated enaugh or don’t deserve the rewards yet.
Even if you are rank 1000 you’ve spent a dozen times more hours in this gamemode than any PvE or PvE player.

I’ve also made over 20 ranks since the patch, but that’s with birthday booster and the highest player participation since the last tournament. That is in not a single way representative for your average WvW life.

Unsure what you’ve been doing for two years, i play for 2-3 hours a night and get 3-4 ranks minimum an hour. If you play 3-4 hours a day to not even be at 1k you have to be not getting ranks at all when you play, which is nearly impossible if you’re actually playing. You can literally run around for 20 minutes capping camps and sentries and get a rank or two.

Oh you know…Guild raids, scouting….all the good stuff you never got rewarded for.

R.I.P Kodasch Allianz [KoA]

All we wanted was a GvG.

in WvW

Posted by: zomgbuffalo.5276

zomgbuffalo.5276

Why do some people feel entitled to be able to achieve or own everything? We already have been over this with Elemental Sword… Please stop.

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

2000 is a bit much. I have a bit more than 3k but I often used boosters.

Maybe 1500 would be a better number.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

in WvW

Posted by: XTR.9604

XTR.9604

You forget that not everybody is running ktrain 24/7.
I’ve played hardcore WvW for at least 2 years at around 3-4 hrs of WvW each day, I’m not even at rank 1000 and I won’t let anybody tell me that I’m not dedicated enaugh or don’t deserve the rewards yet.
Even if you are rank 1000 you’ve spent a dozen times more hours in this gamemode than any PvE or PvE player.

I’ve also made over 20 ranks since the patch, but that’s with birthday booster and the highest player participation since the last tournament. That is in not a single way representative for your average WvW life.

Unsure what you’ve been doing for two years, i play for 2-3 hours a night and get 3-4 ranks minimum an hour. If you play 3-4 hours a day to not even be at 1k you have to be not getting ranks at all when you play, which is nearly impossible if you’re actually playing. You can literally run around for 20 minutes capping camps and sentries and get a rank or two.

Oh you know…Guild raids, scouting….all the good stuff you never got rewarded for.

If you mean like WvW raids, then your guild apparently wasn’t very effective. Also, back when I scouted (except I called it roaming and I’d call out where I saw enemy groups in chat) a bit, I was constantly solo back capping camps and sentries. As I got better, I even started solo capping towers with guild catas and have been doing it for years since.

Sounds like you didn’t use your time very effectively in WvW if you truly spent any real time in there. I have around 5000 hours in WvW.

Asphyxia [XT] – Crystal Desert & Fort Aspenwood Roamer
Twitch Stream – AsphyxiaXT
My Builds at XtremeTheory.com

in WvW

Posted by: theSacred.1942

theSacred.1942

So we have similar situation to last two PvP seasons. First ANet introduced ascended armors so people started playing, and next season they killed it again with grandmaster marks (that was also added to fractals). Here they wanted to resurrect WvW but set rewards bar so high, that this mode will be dead again when people will understand that they will never to be able to get rewards.

Also, just to remind you, ANet, ascended armors are not shiny legendary things, they’re just a bit better than exotic but are required for fractals for example… People search for easy ways to obtain them because they don’t want to craft but you blocked all other ways to get them. Good job.

in WvW

Posted by: Malerian.8435

Malerian.8435

Ya my main account is somewhere like 2.7 k so rewards are nice….

in WvW

Posted by: Lascax.2163

Lascax.2163

Most of the stuff in the game is pretty accessible, not every single thing has to cater to the sort of Skinner box victims who have to be given “incentives” to actually bother to play the game.

Raids got a huge bump in interest since they got their Legendary Armors. Same happened with PvP and Fractals with the Backpieces.
All these items are not easily accessible but they require commitment. Commitment is different than grindy experience just for the sake of it. There are plenty of people that played WvW since the beginning without huge pauses and still have not reached that point.
I’m not saying that we should give those for granted, but that these rewards should at least seem reachable in the same range of other prestigious rewards ( see those Legendaries I’ve said ).
But I repeat and want to emphasize that I don’t know if the actual system allows for faster progression, someone will surely show some data and if there’s something going on the year scale, then it’s far most prestigious and grindier than any other Legendary in the game.

The mode won’t prosper from the sort who are only there for shiny things, the only tiny benefit to the mode would be a small percentage of those may who haven’t tried it properly may find they quite enjoy it and stay, but really that pales into insignificance compared to the damage done to the mode by them neglecting the actual issues with it, and number of players who have left because of that.

Every major PvP Reward upgrade, being the Reward Tracks or the League system, prospered especially thanks to the shinies. Same with Fractals.
Both modes were damaged by bad decisions and balance in general, but that doesn’t mean it can’t be recovered and have people actually loving playing them.
If there were better rewards in general, surely there wouldn’t be a damaged community like today, and I wouldn’t even had such a low Rank. I like WvW, really, but lack of rewards and accomplishment really undermine people’s interest, and that’s why people were hoping for newer WvW Tournaments. We all know they helped for a while, even without any major changes in the mode itself.
Reward Tracks in WvW had little impact because they still felt grindy compared to playing other modes. Say what you want, but shinies being accessible do create interested communities, even beyond those rewards.
PvP Leagues are criticized because people still care, and most people got their Ascensions if they wanted it. Same with Fractals, that are now praised for their rework and people want more Challenge Modes coming. Not for the shinies now, but for the mode itself.

Rewards only make a game mode interesting to a certain niche of player, gameplay is what actually makes a game prosper.
Frankly the people who play games primarily for “rewards” are kitten on gaming and one of the reasons the MMORPG genre is in the state it is.

Rewards are the focus of every MMo. Plain competition is interesting only for those who strive for stuff like ESL, and we all know how it went.
Gameplay is important, and I really like WvW and feeling the bonding with the community of my server, but that can’t happen if the community feels like they’re playing for nothing.
It’s not a niche of players. the niche of players were those that were so few that we had to go into linking servers.
GW2 is a game where skins are the rewards and they always were the reason people cared about the gameplay concerning acquiring them. You’ll see almost nobody complaining that World Bosses are too easy because they don’t reward almost nothing in particular, but we’ve seen people asking desperately for exclusive skins in Wvw because they want to collect them.

All that said, I repeat furthermore that it’s not about having handed Rewards easily, but that they could be seen as accessible with the same degree of difficulty as the other way to play the game.
Do that, and newer people will care about the gamemode.
Set goals too hard to reach ( looking at you, 30k+ APs rewards ) and people will rarely bring up the issue.

Why do we have to battle about exclusivity for a mode that was so much neglected in the past and not embrace the newcomers to enjoy that with us, giving them a proper goal?

GW2 is not a fresh game, even MO acknowledged that by asking the playerbase to promote it, so let’s try to give proper goals to everyone without goals that they would not even reach in the same expansion cycle.

in WvW

XTR.9604

So we have similar situation to last two PvP seasons. First ANet introduced ascended armors so people started playing, and next season they killed it again with grandmaster marks (that was also added to fractals). Here they wanted to resurrect WvW but set rewards bar so high, that this mode will be dead again when people will understand that they will never to be able to get rewards.

Also, just to remind you, ANet, ascended armors are not shiny legendary things, they’re just a bit better than exotic but are required for fractals for example… People search for easy ways to obtain them because they don’t want to craft but you blocked all other ways to get them. Good job.

We’re nearly 5 years in to the game, being rank 2000 is NOT that big of an accomplishment. My main account is around 3700 and my ALT account is around 900. It is not that hard to get WvW ranks.

in WvW

Posted by: Delirious.3108

Delirious.3108

I think anet is forgetting about the player’s health, that they have to go out, that they have to work, study and all that, and make this a korean grind game won’t help anyone. Only will make who is already really addicted play more and who isn’t try to finish the pip or get the rank.

I am sure it is not what they want, so i think they have to look again about the amount of pips needed, the rank needed, the hours needed.

It is not a legendary item, it is an ascended after all, and it is almost the same skin with lights on it.

I play this game for 4 years and i don’t have 2k.

in WvW

Posted by: Gop.8713

Gop.8713

kittened as a roamer. Playing from start and on rank 1001.

Yeah, the roaming doesn’t really seem to be getting rewarded :/

I can play for hours a night and only get one or two levels . . .

That could be intentional though. All the focus on the update is on getting comms to tag up and getting ppl into squads and parties, so they seem to want to encourage more group play and less solo play in wvw, which does kind of make sense if you think about it lol . . .

The way I look at it is wvw was fun enough before the patch that I played for hours a night, and nothing about the patch changed wvw, it just changed the rewards, so nbd, right . . ?

in WvW

XTR.9604

Then you didn’t spend that long in WvW or you didn’t spend your time in WvW very effectively. Capture objectives and kill players, easy to get WXP. My group runs 5 people for about 3 hours a night on raid nights and I usually get 5-10 ranks per run depending on who we’re fighting against.

kittened as a roamer. Playing from start and on rank 1001.

Yeah, the roaming doesn’t really seem to be getting rewarded :/

I can play for hours a night and only get one or two levels . . .

That could be intentional though. All the focus on the update is on getting comms to tag up and getting ppl into squads and parties, so they seem to want to encourage more group play and less solo play in wvw, which does kind of make sense if you think about it lol . . .

The way I look at it is wvw was fun enough before the patch that I played for hours a night, and nothing about the patch changed wvw, it just changed the rewards, so nbd, right . . ?

Roaming is plenty rewarding if you’re doing it right. I run around looking for fights, but between fights, I’m taking sentries, camps, towers, some times even keeps. My group of kittens objectives frequently to bring fights to us. I even do this when I am solo roaming and take towers frequently solo.

in WvW

Posted by: saerni.2584

saerni.2584

Rank 1-1000 are rewarded by bonuses to supply and siege, etc. rank 1001-2000 are rewarded with special armor.

Seems fair…although roamers who never farmed rank get disadvantaged a bit.

Northern Shiverpeaks (NSP)
Thief (Daredevil)
Commandant of Pistol-Dagger and Apex Predator

in WvW

Delirious.3108

Then you didn’t spend that long in WvW or you didn’t spend your time in WvW very effectively. Capture objectives and kill players, easy to get WXP. My group runs 5 people for about 3 hours a night on raid nights and I usually get 5-10 ranks per run depending on who we’re fighting against.

So you are telling me that this wvw should be played only in big zergs trying to ppt all the time, forget the fights and do nothing besides that?

Well, i don’t think so. I play as a roamer and until last year i was on a big guilds.
There is no right or wrong. It is still an absurd require so much of a player for a game, it is not health at all and dissipate that idea only shows anet doesn’t care.

And btw, what bothers me the most is not the rank requirement (still ridiculous for a upgrade of an ascended set) are the pips needed to get the rewards that is an absurd.

(edited by Delirious.3108)

in WvW

Posted by: Ruru.1302

Ruru.1302

The game needs more exclusive content.

mag
[Mada] Apocryfia

in WvW

Posted by: GrahamW.5397

GrahamW.5397

So you are telling me that this wvw should be played only in big zergs trying to ppt all the time, forget the fights and do nothing besides that?

Well, i don’t think so. I play as a roamer and until last year i was on a big guilds.
There is no right or wrong. It is still an absurd require so much of a player for a game, it is not health at all and dissipate that idea only shows anet doesn’t care.

Anet isn’t requiring you to do anything, they’re rewarding people who have stuck with the game mode in the long term.

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

That is like giving raid rewards after one boss kill.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Posted by: Gop.8713

Gop.8713

Roaming is plenty rewarding if you’re doing it right. I run around looking for fights, but between fights, I’m taking sentries, camps, towers, some times even keeps. My group of kittens objectives frequently to bring fights to us. I even do this when I am solo roaming and take towers frequently solo.

Hey, me too! Good to know I’m playing the game right, I was worried for a minute there ;p

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

as a 2300ish roamer with around 1500ish of those on t8/t7 over the last 4 years…. 2000 is too much.

but at least it’s not a hard time gate I guess. just a soft gate.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in WvW

Posted by: ventusthunder.5067

ventusthunder.5067

I think the bigger problem is how much you have to play every week to get the maximum of 175 skirmish tickets. Essentially you’ve got to play between 2 and 4 hours every single day, give or take based on rank and server success. It shows that these end-of-the-line rewards are definitely for the people who already play WvW all the time, and are intended to be an extremely distant final reward for people starting up the gamemode. However, I don’t think your average human being has 3 to 4 hours to spend solely on WvW every day.

As for the rank requirement I think it’s dumb, any blobling can get to 2k easily while small-group roamers get the shaft.

collector of liquid aurillium

in WvW

Delirious.3108

Anet isn’t requiring you to do anything, they’re rewarding people who have stuck with the game mode in the long term.

I guess this is my fault that i used my time playing this game as a roamer and it is less valuable than someone blobing.

in WvW

MadBomber.3719

I think the bigger problem is how much you have to play every week to get the maximum of 175 skirmish tickets. Essentially you’ve got to play between 2 and 4 hours every single day, give or take based on rank and server success. It shows that these end-of-the-line rewards are definitely for the people who already play WvW all the time, and are intended to be an extremely distant final reward for people starting up the gamemode. However, I don’t think your average human being has 3 to 4 hours to spend solely on WvW every day.

isn’t the whole point to reward those that play/ have played wvw loyally? just like the legendary armor rewards those that do raids or basically any other legendary before rewarded people who grinded pve. for those complaining about getting ranks, you think wvwers enjoyed map comp? Pvers got their rewards for years, let wvwers have theres

shit guardian on maguuma

in WvW

Lascax.2163

isn’t the whole point to reward those that play/ have played wvw loyally? just like the legendary armor rewards those that do raids or basically any other legendary before rewarded people who grinded pve

Legendary Armor will take about 6 months from scratch with a good dedication in the first 1-2 months and then just 1-2 nights of weekly runs.
Legendary Weapons require 1-3 months of average farming, depending of the person.
Legendary Backpacks, PvP or FotM, require 3 months everyday playing ( with a pause in between for PvP ).
I think we can say that any Legendary so far takes from 3 to 6 months if you’re dedicated enough, without necessary everyday logging in but good weekly amount of play.
Can you say someone can farm 2k Ranks in 6 months in the same condition? I highly doubt it. Even pips capping say no.

in WvW

Posted by: olleandersson.4352

olleandersson.4352

you think wvwers enjoyed map comp?

Do you think anyone at all ever enjoyed map completion after doing it once?

in WvW

ventusthunder.5067

isn’t the whole point to reward those that play/ have played wvw loyally? just like the legendary armor rewards those that do raids or basically any other legendary before rewarded people who grinded pve. for those complaining about getting ranks, you think wvwers enjoyed map comp? Pvers got their rewards for years, let wvwers have theres

I’m not one of those people complaining because I can’t get the rewards. I don’t PvE at all, I am a loyal WvW player- it’s funny you assume I’m a PvEr. I’m talking about people who can’t spend 4 hours a day on GW2 in total regardless of their preferred gamemode. People have school, jobs, commutes, family, friends, lives. That doesn’t always translate into having 4 hours to spend in a game every day.

in WvW

Posted by: GrahamW.5397

GrahamW.5397

isn’t the whole point to reward those that play/ have played wvw loyally? just like the legendary armor rewards those that do raids or basically any other legendary before rewarded people who grinded pve

Legendary Armor will take about 6 months from scratch with a good dedication in the first 1-2 months and then just 1-2 nights of weekly runs.
Legendary Weapons require 1-3 months of average farming, depending of the person.
Legendary Backpacks, PvP or FotM, require 3 months everyday playing ( with a pause in between for PvP ).
I think we can say that any Legendary so far takes from 3 to 6 months if you’re dedicated enough, without necessary everyday logging in but good weekly amount of play.
Can you say someone can farm 2k Ranks in 6 months in the same condition? I highly doubt it. Even pips capping say no.

The pip rewards are the bigger issue than the rank requirement tbh. Could use a look at.

in WvW

Lascax.2163

The pip rewards are the bigger issue than the rank requirement tbh. Could use a look at.

Yeah, and I wholeheartedly agree with that too, but we’re discussing here about Rank Requirement, which will not get newer people in a 5 year old game interested into those rewards at all.
Extra pips should be given to higher ranks, imo.

in WvW

MadBomber.3719

I’m not one of those people complaining because I can’t get the rewards. I don’t PvE at all, I am a loyal WvW player- it’s funny you assume I’m a PvEr. I’m talking about people who can’t spend 4 hours a day on GW2 in total regardless of their preferred gamemode. People have school, jobs, commutes, family, friends, lives. That doesn’t always translate into having 4 hours to spend in a game every day.

fair enough, sorry to have assumed. ive been playing wvw for the past 4 years with some breaks on and off and im not even rank 2k (1.8k i think) so i can understand. im sure anet will adjust the pips and maybe lower the rank requirement to like 1.5k. i just think some people like the OP are just expecting handouts cause they ventured into wvw once a month

shit guardian on maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: neven.3785

neven.3785

there are plenty of skins i have just accepted to never having because i don’t want to invest my time into their prerequisites, how is this any different?

Put the same effort into actively playing wvw and those ranks will fly by, if you don’t like the game mode, then accept you missed out on a few skins and move on. If you cant accept it, then grit your teeth and play rather than whine about Anet not making it personally easier for you to deal with your skin compulsion.

in WvW

Delirious.3108

Yeah, and I wholeheartedly agree with that too, but we’re discussing here about Rank Requirement, which will not get newer people in a 5 year old game interested into those rewards at all.
Extra pips should be given to higher ranks, imo.

you need the reward to get the set anyway and the amount of time you need to spend is 4 hours x 7 days.

in WvW

Posted by: Entenkommando.5208

Entenkommando.5208

Actually I’m way more fine with the pip requirement, because it still encourages you to actively play the gamemode and to work for your rewards instead of resting on your Eotm rank.

And if you have to actively play the gamemode for a couple months to gain your reward it doesn’t really make sense to require previous time, because this dedication should be enaugh. It’s not like in PvE where all you need to do is to play for half an hour each day in order to achieve something.

R.I.P Kodasch Allianz [KoA]

All we wanted was a GvG.

in WvW

Posted by: Teon.5168

Teon.5168

The whole reward system for wvw now doesn’t bother me much. Any added rewards I might get are just gravy to me, as I just enjoy the game mode.

That being said, you’re completely correct that a lot of people who play wvw don’t have 3-4 hours a night to play, due mostly to real life commitments.

I play wvw 90% of my game time, but I rarely have that kind of time to commit to the game every night.

Since GW2 has been a game that has always been very casual player friendly, I expect to see the pip time commitment adjusted some. I doubt if the T3 armor requirement of 2k wvwxp will be adjusted, as that seems pretty fair to me.

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

in WvW

Posted by: zoomborg.9462

zoomborg.9462

Is there anyway to lower the rank requirement for t3 armor from 2000 to say 500? Maybe 700 or even 1000? 2000 ranks requires you to play around 3-5 hrs a day in wvw mostly doing player vs door for a year. Any way you guys could reconsider, as I’ve lost motivation and feel it’s an egregious amount especially since I like zerg vs zerg and roaming and not pvd.

I’ve played a good amount of wvw since launch and am rank 364 with about 360 hrs in wvw. Feels unobtainable.

It might seem extreme but its well thought out from anet’s side. Those commited enough already have or will commit the time to get the ranks needed. It prevents people from just bandwagoning the mode like what happened with the ascension backpack. U had people with no clue of pvp grind the backpack without ever getting better at it thus just trashing the matchmaking for those that actually care about pvp, then never coming back.

2000 ranks means that people the want to get into wvw will stay and get better at it, widening the community/guilds etc instead of just trashing their server for a month b4 wvw turns into a wasteland again.
Today was pretty bad with the long queues and the newbies in zerk gear dying all over the place giving free rallies but it will get better with time as people start to adapt and become more knowledgeable.

in WvW

Posted by: Skada.1362

Skada.1362

Rewards only make a game mode interesting to a certain niche of player, gameplay is what actually makes a game prosper.

Frankly the people who play games primarily for “rewards” are a tumour on gaming and one of the reasons the MMORPG genre is in the state it is.

I couldn’t have said this better myself. This patch did absolutley nothing for actual gameplay. I already have several ascended sets and legendaries from years before which I had to do lots of PVE to get (which i really didn’t like). The only thing this patch did was to bring in massive queues of noobs who are there for skins. Maybe 1% of the PVE people coming in will stay, and for that I am happy, but the rest are just vultures. Go play Blizzard games for items and grind. Peace!

I am Derpocalypse. WvW is all I care about. Currently on Piken Square EU.

(edited by Skada.1362)

in WvW

ventusthunder.5067

fair enough, sorry to have assumed. ive been playing wvw for the past 4 years with some breaks on and off and im not even rank 2k (1.8k i think) so i can understand. im sure anet will adjust the pips and maybe lower the rank requirement to like 1.5k. i just think some people like the OP are just expecting handouts cause they ventured into wvw once a month

All good- no offense taken. I’ve been playing for the past 4 years as well, but I’m actually one of those people who didn’t really have a lot of better things to do in the last 4 years so I’m getting my mithril rewards. My playtime has dropped drastically recently due to real life stuff, but I’m still happy about this patch. I just hope that Anet finds a reasonable balance between the crowd clamoring for rewards and the more experienced players who want exclusivity.

That said, I still think the pip requirement is a bit absurd. I can afford to play 17 hours a week for a little bit longer, but I know that there are plenty of people who have other extenuating circumstances. And it’s only 17 hours for me, a mithril rank- someone who is gold is 24 pips short per hour compared to me (which really adds up over the course of a week), and it’s even worse for other people who want to get into WvW- it may feel insurmountable for them.

in WvW

Lascax.2163

Maybe 1% of the PVE people coming in will stay, and for that I am happy, but the rest are just vultures. Go play Blizzard games for items and grind. Peace!

Those vultures are the ones that allows you to even play that mode without further server linking.

in WvW

XTR.9604

And btw, what bothers me the most is not the rank requirement (still ridiculous for a upgrade of an ascended set) are the pips needed to get the rewards that is an absurd.

Reading comprehension skills need to be used here. I specifically said that I run in a group of 5 people. What part of that sounds like we play in a big zerg ppting all day?

I guess this is my fault that i used my time playing this game as a roamer and it is less valuable than someone blobing.

As a roamer, I again say that you were not doing a good job roaming if you aren’t getting good WXP in the process. I don’t run with blobs, I run in a group of 5 people who avoid the blobs and do our own thing for our own fights and we also cap objectives along the way. That is how you get to be a useful roamer to your server as well as get fights. If you’re just standing outside of the enemies spawn waiting to pick up bad players on a thief, you’re not a roamer, you’re just being a bad solo player.

in WvW

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

Rank 2000 is fine, I did around 90 mins tonight and got 22 ranks, if you actually fight real players instead of K-Training around the map you will rank up x10 faster,

This update so far really has brought the fights out into the open and away from the siege wars that WvW was becoming, so far so good.

The Pips may need looked into though, what does an average player get 6 maybe 7 a tick, 72-84 an hour average ( I know some will be more/less ) the first chest required 100 pips the 2nd chest is 120, with 72-84 an hour that’s 2-3 hours of none stop playing, and it resets weekly, so either you live completely in WvW or Anet might need to look at bi-weekly resetting of the chests.

in WvW

Teon.5168

Reading comprehension skills need to be used here. I specifically said that I run in a group of 5 people. What part of that sounds like we play in a big zerg ppting all day?

As a roamer, I again say that you were not doing a good job roaming if you aren’t getting good WXP in the process. I don’t run with blobs, I run in a group of 5 people who avoid the blobs and do our own thing for our own fights and we also cap objectives along the way. That is how you get to be a useful roamer to your server as well as get fights. If you’re just standing outside of the enemies spawn waiting to pick up bad players on a thief, you’re not a roamer, you’re just being a bad solo player.

Not saying that Delirious is or isn’t a good player…….but you do realize that someone playing wvw in a different manner that you do, could be just as efficient and effective as you are? Wvw doesn’t have to be only played in the manner that you play it to be ‘correct’, ‘efficient’, or ‘useful’. Those terms can be very subjective to different players. A ‘correct’ , ‘efficient’, or ‘useful’ night in wvw to me, for instance, is one where I helped cause problems for the enemy, assisted my allies effectively, and most of all…..if I had a lot of fun and a big smile on my face afterwards. How many levels I may or may not have gotten doesn’t mean a whole lot to me.

Plus there are other variables, such as server, link, amount of spare time one has to play, buffs, etc……

Am glad that your manner of play seems to work so well for you……but it is not the only way to play wvw.

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

(edited by Teon.5168)

in WvW

Skada.1362

Maybe 1% of the PVE people coming in will stay, and for that I am happy, but the rest are just vultures. Go play Blizzard games for items and grind. Peace!

Those vultures are the ones that allows you to even play that mode without further server linking.

Please explain.

In WvW there is a queue system. This means us people who LOVE WvW and do nothing else gets locked out. Now that Anet adds yet another carrot on a stick people are flodding to the borderlands to get shiny skins. Judging from this thread and also tonights team chat people only seem to care about “their rewards” and not the actual gameplay. This patch was nothing but a lame attempt to get more people into WvW but instead of improving the quality of the gameplay Anet adds some skins to attract people.. its so cheap imo. Once the people who only care about cosmetics get what they want, they’ll most likley leave.. I hope I’m wrong though.

(edited by Skada.1362)

in WvW

XTR.9604

Not saying that Delirious is or isn’t a good player…….but you do realize that someone playing wvw in a different manner that you do, could be just as efficient and effective as you are? Wvw doesn’t have to be only played in the manner that you play it to be “correct” or “efficient”.

Plus there are other variables, such as server, link, amount of spare time one has to play, etc……

Am glad that your manner of play seems to work so well for you……but it is not the only way to play wvw.

Spare me the politically correct state of mind please. I call things as I see them. If you’ve played as long as I have in WvW and I am a significantly higher rank while running the same or similar number of people in a group, then clearly I did something better. I didn’t spawn camp for 5000 hours in WvW and I did not zerg around with blobs for my ranks. The most I ever cared to run with was when I played with the 15 man “skill groups” that were GvG guilds and only went out for fights. Most of the time, we’d never cap a camp, sentry or anything with those groups. Just fights.

in WvW

Posted by: Jumpin Lumpix.6108

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

Please explain.

In WvW there is a queue system. Now that Anet adds yet another carrot on a stick people are flodding to the borderlands to get shiny skins. Judging from this thread and also tonights team chat people only seem to care about “their rewards” and not the actual gameplay. This patch was nothing but a lame attempt to get more people into WvW but instead of improving the quality of the gameplay Anet adds some skins to attract people.. its so cheap imo. Once the people who only care about cosmetics get what they want, they’ll most likley leave.. I hope I’m wrong though.

This is my point exactly, if wvw is about playing the game mode and enjoying it, then why stick a reward so far out of reach. Why not lower the requirement so it’s reasonably obtainable, gets people interested in the game mode and if the game mode speaks for itself, after getting said reward, players will continue to play it for the enjoyment of it.

aka. “The Complainer”

in WvW

ventusthunder.5067

First things first: A 5-man group is not roaming, it’s havoc. You are running a havoc group if you want to go around capping objectives with 5 people in order to draw out fights.

Second thing second: People can play this game the way they want and maybe they want to fight 1vX and 2vX on the builds that they want instead of run some 5-man comp and still end up just ganking solos and duos in the process. Telling someone they’re doing a “bad job roaming” if they don’t get a bunch of WXP in the process is not only an objectively wrong statement, it’s also ridiculously condescending. I search for fights that involve a maximum of 5 people from both sides, and I don’t get a bunch of WXP roaming. I just prefer to fight small and not worry about drawing people out by capping objectives.

Third thing third: I must say that you attempting to call out someone else’s reading comprehension when all you’ve been doing for the entirety of this thread is telling other people “well u must be doin it wrong then lul” is a bit hypocritical. The only way to do something wrong in a video game is if you’re not enjoying it.

edit: gud gramerz

(edited by ventusthunder.5067)

in WvW

Skada.1362

Please explain.

In WvW there is a queue system. Now that Anet adds yet another carrot on a stick people are flodding to the borderlands to get shiny skins. Judging from this thread and also tonights team chat people only seem to care about “their rewards” and not the actual gameplay. This patch was nothing but a lame attempt to get more people into WvW but instead of improving the quality of the gameplay Anet adds some skins to attract people.. its so cheap imo. Once the people who only care about cosmetics get what they want, they’ll most likley leave.. I hope I’m wrong though.

This is my point exactly, if wvw is about playing the game mode and enjoying it, then why stick a reward so far out of reach. Why not lower the requirement so it’s reasonably obtainable, gets people interested in the game mode and if the game mode speaks for itself, after getting said reward, players will continue to play it for the enjoyment of it.

Well since WvW needs alot more people the game mode doesn’t seem to speak for itself. It needs improvement, especially the lag issues. But instead of working on fixing the cause Anet slaps some bandaids on a severe burn wound.

People, this game is throwing out items and rewards left and right, no matter what you do, PVP/WVW/PVE. It’s more than enough as it is.

in WvW

Teon.5168

Not saying that Delirious is or isn’t a good player…….but you do realize that someone playing wvw in a different manner that you do, could be just as efficient and effective as you are? Wvw doesn’t have to be only played in the manner that you play it to be “correct” or “efficient”.

Plus there are other variables, such as server, link, amount of spare time one has to play, etc……

Spare me the politically correct state of mind please. I call things as I see them. If you’ve played as long as I have in WvW and I am a significantly higher rank while running the same or similar number of people in a group, then clearly I did something better. I didn’t spawn camp for 5000 hours in WvW and I did not zerg around with blobs for my ranks. The most I ever cared to run with was when I played with the 15 man “skill groups” that were GvG guilds and only went out for fights. Most of the time, we’d never cap a camp, sentry or anything with those groups. Just fights.

Seriously? You come back with ‘spare me the pc garbage. I call things as I see them’??….lmao…….ooookay……lol

Just thought I might express my opinion, but can see it is a complete waste of time with such an ‘expert’.

And fwiw, since you already complained about ‘lack of reading comprehension’, you might look in the mirror on that one, as I never said anything about " I didn’t spawn camp for 5000 hours in WvW and I did not zerg around with blobs for my ranks."

Yeesh, whatever. My sincere apologies for offending your wvw sensitivity. /smh

Forum discussions -
-Zenleto-

(edited by Teon.5168)

in WvW

Posted by: Yannis.3164

Yannis.3164

DON’T GET IT DOWN!!! This rewards are made for dedicated/semi-dedicated WvW players,of course 2k would be a LARGE amount for non-WvW players. So bare with it or go back to PvE or PvP, I was waiting 5 years to get a decent WvW feature pack and now you are crying for just 2k ranks…..The armor didn’t come in to get in a couple of days neither couple of weeks, at least for the non-WvW players!

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

Legendary gear should be compared with legendary gear. This is nothing but skin so treat it as a skin made to reward WvWers.

If legendary backpiece for WvW require 2k ranks, I do agree with your statement but not for this, there is no way out for this.

Edit: Corrected Quote

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

(edited by SkyShroud.2865)

in WvW

Posted by: shagwell.1349

shagwell.1349

The problem with the rank isn’t dedication. It’s a flawed idea. Most people on high ranks are either people that karma trained edge of the mists, people that have a guild zerg on a regular basis or roamers who run from camp to camp and avoid most of the fights. There is no rewarding if you did a lot of scouting, sieging up structures or roamed for 1-2 hours per day with not permanently flipping camps but fighting other roaming groups. All that is a part of wvw and always was.
I don’t see a reason to limit stuff with a wvw rank when you still have to grind for month for the rest of the stuff.
The pvp legendary was a grind but not as stupid as this one and it was locked behind pvp rank 20 while they handed ascended out for another grind.

And while we are at it. Which improvement has wvw gotten with this “wvw patch”? It’s a big karma train like eotm nothing more.

edit: And why is rank 20 getting the same rewards as rank 999?

[orz] below mediocre – we sponsor Arenanet
Piken Square EU, maybe soon on your server.

(edited by shagwell.1349)

in WvW

Posted by: Sylvyn.4750

Sylvyn.4750

Spare me the politically correct state of mind please. I call things as I see them.

I think that’s the point…unless you are in the other player’s shoes, you can’t really see it from the inside out, only from the outside looking in. Now maybe if Anet had said from the very beginning of WvW, “hey, your rank will matter down the road for some significant rewards, not just a fancy title”, and those of us who still didn’t care…well, that’s on us. There is obviously some frustration (though not from me) over the measuring stick that Anet chose to use, as it rewards certain behaviors more over others, but most all activities within WvW were helpful to some degree for the server as a whole, just not valued by Anet, such as guarding an objective or scouting and reporting on enemy locations to a commander and then refreshing siege along the way. Live and learn…time to zerg for da lootz…or just keep doing what your doing and have fun anyway.

in WvW

Posted by: Threather.9354

Threather.9354

Okay so lets see:

• there’s also new rewards for new players/slackers, so they should be happy about the patch
  • You get world xp from anything that gives your world points like capping camps/towers and killing enemies, even repairing walls/gates.
  • Majority of the active WvW players that contributed to their community in the past year in form of day/primetime/morning/nightcrew are already way past 2k rank.

Now why set the WvW rank so high?

• Means there wont be influx of new PvE players/guilds every month to WvW making WvW quality plummet and unfun for everyone. WvW communities wont die from influx of “clueless” players.
  • It rewards people who are good (get kills), don’t die instantly and are smarter about taking objectives.

Now why should the PvE plebs not flip/get obsessed over it?

• Its just mediocre skins, who cares. Making asc pieces/weapons cost only 100g anyways each.
Diamond Rank Copyrights [CR]
EU Roamer, Dueler, Commander, Fighter, Scout