Lower the Rank Requirement for Armor

in WvW

Posted by: saerni.2584

saerni.2584

The time it takes to earn the tickets will more than result in a thousand or so ranks.

Northern Shiverpeaks (NSP)
Thief (Daredevil)
Commandant of Pistol-Dagger and Apex Predator

in WvW

Posted by: Demonftw.4705

Demonftw.4705

OP is obviously trolling. If he/she is serious, its fair requirement. Just like the LI requirement for legendary armour from PvE raids. 360 hours in WvW is literally nothing.

in WvW

Posted by: Odokuro.5049

Odokuro.5049

Lets look at the time required to get to rank 2000 compared to the time required to craft the gear yourself. WvWrs have been looking for a way to get their hands on Ascended armor/weapons, only to be given a means that far far exceeds what is expected in the PvErs world.

a scale for T1 to T3 such as Rank 250 – Rank 500 – Rank 1000, would be better. This would still required time and effort in WvW to obtain, and be more, “Feasible” for newcomers to work towards.

Because in the end, isn’t one of the reason for these rewards, gear, back-item, to get more people into WvW? Is that not a good thing, I would think so.

The Self-Proclaimed Pervy Sage of Yaks Bend.
https://www.twitch.tv/amazinphelix

in WvW

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

Why can’t we just use Tomes of Knowledge to up our WvW rank?

This is a very good idea.

in WvW

Posted by: Jumpin Lumpix.6108

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

Lets look at the time required to get to rank 2000 compared to the time required to craft the gear yourself. WvWrs have been looking for a way to get their hands on Ascended armor/weapons, only to be given a means that far far exceeds what is expected in the PvErs world.

a scale for T1 to T3 such as Rank 250 – Rank 500 – Rank 1000, would be better. This would still required time and effort in WvW to obtain, and be more, “Feasible” for newcomers to work towards.

Because in the end, isn’t one of the reason for these rewards, gear, back-item, to get more people into WvW? Is that not a good thing, I would think so.

This is exactly how I feel, When I logged on and saw the armor, I got all excited like wow I’m gonna go play wvw and I’m sure the reward will be reasonable to get like every other reward in the game. Then when I saw that it was rank 2k I felt a sinking feeling like really? Instead of wanting to play wvw and earn the reward i felt frustrated and repulsed about the entire game.

aka. “The Complainer”

in WvW

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

This is a very good idea.

I love this idea

aka. “The Complainer”

in WvW

Posted by: Strige.9382

Strige.9382

NO pls! just no.

in WvW

Posted by: Zalavaaris.5329

Zalavaaris.5329

NO pls! just no.

Why not?

in WvW

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

NO pls! just no.

Why not? I have 2k of them and they are taking slots in my bank for nothing.

in WvW

Posted by: PabbyGaul.9682

PabbyGaul.9682

This is exactly how I feel, When I logged on and saw the armor, I got all excited like wow I’m gonna go play wvw and I’m sure the reward will be reasonable to get like every other reward in the game. Then when I saw that it was rank 2k I felt a sinking feeling like really? Instead of wanting to play wvw and earn the reward i felt frustrated and repulsed about the entire game.

Lol

in WvW

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

They should at least have the skirmish chest rewards give wvw rank

aka. “The Complainer”

in WvW

Posted by: Strige.9382

Strige.9382

NO pls! just no.

Why not? I have 2k of them and they are taking slots in my bank for nothing.

Use it for spirit shard…
so why u want rush rank in wvw?… im rank 3k and i get my rank easy..if u want get it u need to do wvw, not just stay afk for pips[…]

and then if i want get all skins that there are in pve i need to do a lot dungeon, raid, fractal etc etc..
please guys stop to qq, not is funny and before this game will die put anet in the right direction.

in WvW

Posted by: neven.3785

neven.3785

In my 2500 pips I have received so far, I have completed enough ls3 reward tracks for two ascended accessories, RNGesus has graced me with 3 ascended rings and 3 ascended weapons chests. People looking to quickly gear their toons with incentive should not consider the claim tickets as a means for it. Tier 3 is for skins not the stats so quit fixating on it. Instead unlock a reward track for ls3 and you can easily gear half your slots with ascended hot stat pieces without relying on the blessed RNGesus. While you persue the skins or T2 ascended you will get drops. But I’m sure the actual gear stats is not what people want, they want some hideous skin to say they have it and are crying foul pretending they don’t already have fully geared toons for wvw.

in WvW

Posted by: Eater of Peeps.9062

Eater of Peeps.9062

Maybe with increased participation, the ranks will go faster, but prior to now, my average is probably about 1 per night….I’m on the 5-year plan…:)

Are you trolling? What are you doing? That’s close to impossible to only get 1 per night.

in WvW

Eater of Peeps.9062

[Are you trolling? What are you doing? That’s close to impossible to only get 1 per night.[/quote]

Are you kidding?

Oh my. Give me a break. I play WvW all the time. A dedicated player in all modes.

I rarely post in here, except when I see trolling remarks in response to a player’s frustration. The rank requirement of 2k is egregious. I have been playing gw2 since beta and play wvw consistently. I have played many a night where I only got one rank up level, and that’s with an average wvw nite for me of about 5- 6 hrs. How does this occur?

1. The zerg commander won’t let you into the invite only zerg, or requires ts to join the zerg. Then you’re relegated to roaming solo with a zerg build, unless you want to relog out and rewait and reroll a solo build, which is something I never do, cuz if I’m gonna play solo, I’m gonna pvp or pve. Makes more sense. Or you can run alongside the zerg solo and not get any of the benefits or protections and not get much in the way of rank up.

2. The zerg just wants bags. I have spent 5-6 hrs running with a zerg and only capped 1 or 2 towers and a few supply camps (sometimes solo) because the zerg decided its bag nite, and they play in an open field against an enemy zerg and do nothing to cap or rank up.

3. You’re the perpetual scout. We don’t like you in our zerg cuz were elitists and we don’t like it when people complain we aren’t capping or we require ts, so we would ask you if you want to join the zerg, pls go scout. I have spent many a nite scouting to help out and for what? Certainly not rank. Certainly not the friendship of the people in here who are continuing on with the usual we are elitists and we want our special armor, and we will get it first and you can’t have it and please go away cuz all you do is complain. Please. Give me a break. People complain when things are either prejudicially unfair or basically unobtainable. People should listen to people who complain and stop attacking them. If you disagree, fine, but don’t attack. Stop calling people noobs., when clearly they are not. I am so tired of being called a noob by people I have beaten in pvp many times over, rezed them in pve, and ran over them in tournaments when wvw was actually full and awesome and coordinated, all without the need for ts or paramilitary command.

Rank 2000 in wvw is extremely long and difficult to get. Its arduous to the point of being demoralizing. I play this game, all of the modes, because I love the game, all of the modes. I don’t play for rewards, ever. However, it is nice to get a reward once in awhile, and everyone loves the pretty shinies and new armor and new weapons. Don’t make them like the purple pinnacle weapons that are so awesome but which after five years of playing almost daily for many hours a day, and maxxing achievements, I am nowhere close to getting any of them. Now the same for the cool particle effect armor. Just kinda turns you off.

I get the whole prestige thing; however, many players I have seen, for example in pvp, got their rewards and prestige pieces by not playing the game as it was intended. Yet, it is always those people who yell the loudest to not give out to everyone the thing that they got/have cuz gosh golly, they earned it. Yah, right. I play this game as much as anyone. I play wvw as much as anyone (I’m sure all you haters can attest to that) and I would be willing to bet that the first people to get the particle effect armor are the ones who earned it the least. And it looks like I won’t be getting it anytime soon, as I am only in rank 863 after five years of playing on a long, regular basis. Complain about that now why don’t you?

Also, what in the world is the reason for wanting it to be 2000 rank? Who is in support of that? Why make a reward so difficult that 95% of players will give up before attaining it? I didn’t say they didn’t have skill. I said they would give up.

Finally, as an observation: I Play lazy. Super lazy. I could play well, but I no longer have incentive to do so. I see so much unfairness in this game, and so many vociferous players advocating their fierce right to support a system that rewards players who don’t play the game as intended and punish those who do. I don’t see that wvw requires much skill, or much different skill than pve and certainly not more than pvp.
Its 10 skills, running and evading/killing. Big deal. Its not a big amount of skill required. So why all the incessant boring talk about skill and pver’s. Its a casual game now. People want to have fun. Have fun, make it fun, and reward people realistically. People will do grinding, they will wait, but they will eventually give up if the rewards are too remote and the community too toxic. Please behave and try to have fun, and give us a reward once in a while. And by the way, I like to show off elitist stuff as much as the next person, but it really rankles people when the entitled few rub players noses in it. Be kind.

in WvW

Eater of Peeps.9062

Why do some people feel entitled to be able to achieve or own everything? We already have been over this with Elemental Sword… Please stop.

Oh, so only those with credit cards get to feel entitled? Or those who play a little shadier than the rest of us get to feel entitled? Please, I only see that the entitled call other players who wish they had things entitled. We’re not entitled. Why are you? What did you do, exactly, that was different from what I did. I play a lot. I pop boosters. I play well. I practiced until my fingers were sore in pve, before entering the hallowed grounds of wvw. Give me a break.

in WvW

Posted by: Entenkommando.5208

Entenkommando.5208

Back in my days, we were the top of EU matchups. For over one year straight we’d face Vizunah almost every week. Over and over and over and over again. Because we had no such thing as random matchups.
Do you have any idea how fighting them felt like? At 5am they’d run a massive train, getting their enemies ticks down to not more than 20 or 30.
You’d come online in the afternoon only to find every single one of their keeps fully upgraded. But that wasn’t enaugh. Whenever you only came remotely close to one of those structures you’d have 20 ac’s instantly bombarding your zerg. But they never fought on open field. They only came to defend what they had. So you’d bang your head against their keeps for hours on end to finally get one, trying to upgrade and defend it in the few hours of prime time you had only to find everything blobbed down in the morning once again.

But it got even better. Because once you finally got in there without being pierced by a million arrows you could literally set up a campfire in there. Because back in my days you’d still banner lords over hours and hours and hours. That was especially fun with spawncamps where you’d just have a never ending stream of enemies contesting the circle and rezzing the lord.

We’ve fought on the top of WvW when it was in its most glorious time, with as much passion for combat as you could only imagine and didn’t gain even half of you k-trainers and eotm farmers. And you can bet your kitten we’ve had a hell lot of fun challenging our combat abilities. But have fun trying to farm WXP like that.
Just because someone has a lower rank doesn’t mean he played WvW wrong in the past. The best ones were actually punished for it.

This rank requirement is ridiculous and shouldn’t exist as anything more than to disencourage completely new players that would only hunt the reward.
Anything more than a few hundred ranks is totally unreasonable for the players that believed and played in this gamemode before it was all about karmatrains.

R.I.P Kodasch Allianz [KoA]

All we wanted was a GvG.

(edited by Entenkommando.5208)

in WvW

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

An amazing amount of players spend whole fights autoattacking the ground directly in front of their feet.
If you’ve managed to WvW any significant amount and aren’t at 2k… Well.. You might consider recording your gameplay to see if maybe its you.

Seriously folks, I’m at 4k playing 3 days a week.

in WvW

Posted by: phokus.8934

phokus.8934

Convert 100 Spirit Shards to 1 wvw rank.

I post from a phone so please excuse any references to ducks or any other auto corrections.

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

For you pve’rs.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Box_of_WvW_Supplies

People that have done HoT maps enough should be able to buy these daily when they appear.

You can also save them up and insta-finish the World Rank guild missions too.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

An amazing amount of players spend whole fights autoattacking the ground directly in front of their feet.
If you’ve managed to WvW any significant amount and aren’t at 2k… Well.. You might consider recording your gameplay to see if maybe its you.

Seriously folks, I’m at 4k playing 3 days a week.

It’s totally me. I scout and die a lot.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: Foefaller.1082

Foefaller.1082

I’m pretty sure the t3 armor is suppose to be the WvW equivalent of the spvp Glorious Hero’s armor set:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Glorious_Hero%27s_armor

You know, the one that takes winning actual (automated? Guess we will find out in two weeks) spvp tournaments to get even a single piece of it.

Not something you could grind out in a few months and never touch again.

in WvW

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

1. The zerg commander won’t let you into the invite only zerg, or requires ts to join the zerg. Then you’re relegated to roaming solo with a zerg build, unless you want to relog out and rewait and reroll a solo build, which is something I never do, cuz if I’m gonna play solo, I’m gonna pvp or pve. Makes more sense. Or you can run alongside the zerg solo and not get any of the benefits or protections and not get much in the way of rank up.

Huh? This is really weird. Intelligent solo players are extremely prized by commanders, some of the biggest contributors to the matchup, and a very fun way to play WvW. It’s extremely competitive for WXP and you get plenty of fights.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in WvW

Posted by: Taobella.6597

Taobella.6597

for though who did not know tome of knowledge in WvW use to be used as a way to rally yourself from downstate. lol

in WvW

Posted by: Maureen Adaal.3412

Maureen Adaal.3412

So before the new rewards you were not interested in WvW and now when some of the rewards are too difficult to get you are still not interested….

Sounds like everything works as intended. If you like WvW you will get the shiny eventually. If you don’t, you don’t.

Elena Adaal – [Kale] Kalevala – Far Shiverpeaks (EU)

in WvW

Posted by: BloodyPanda.6789

BloodyPanda.6789

So before the new rewards you were not interested in WvW and now when some of the rewards are too difficult to get you are still not interested….

Sounds like everything works as intended. If you like WvW you will get the shiny eventually. If you don’t, you don’t.

Whats the point of new reward system if its time gated to the point its almost impossible to get for new player? As for old wvw players, like you said, if you really like wvw, then with or without reward doesn’t really matter. anet should just scrap the entire thing. wvw should just stay the same before the patch.

in WvW

Posted by: Maureen Adaal.3412

Maureen Adaal.3412

Whats the point of new reward system if its time gated to the point its almost impossible to get for new player? As for old wvw players, like you said, if you really like wvw, then with or without reward doesn’t really matter. anet should just scrap the entire thing. wvw should just stay the same before the patch.

Newbies can get most of the rewards, with the exception of the Mistforged T3 armor. This armor is not for newbies, but for veterans. Newbies can become veterans (Once We (all) Were Noobs), and than they can get the T3 armor as well.

Why do veterans want it? (warning: long story from grandpa):

Back in the days rewards in WvW really sucked. There was no reward track, not much from drops and we had to pay for upgrading tower and keeps. To give and an idea: I farmed my own omnonberries and elder wood for siege in the regular maps. WvW-specific title requirements were so ridiculous that they were out of reach for allmost all. The only achievable title was “Veteran of the Mists” which we got from season one. If you look closely, you still see a lot of players with that title. Was it bad? No, it was glorious as WvW always is.

Nowadays everything is a lot better: there is a reward track, more drops, you can make 25 superior siege at once, there is a great update that brings lots of people to WvW and on top of that an exclusive armor. This really feels good.

In summary: do we need the T3 armor? No, but it is very welcome.

Elena Adaal – [Kale] Kalevala – Far Shiverpeaks (EU)

in WvW

Posted by: Shazmataz.1423

Shazmataz.1423

Anet I’m behind you.

Don’t cave.

There’s a lot like us out here that feel the same way.

Things that come too easily are soon forgotten. It’s not a grind, it’s a challenge — and if you really want the new item, you’ll put in the time.

Nobody NEEDS the new shiny to play. It’s a choice. Invest the time or not.

I 9th this….Dont cave Anet. Keep the rewards where they are due. Gg

I’m another in the please don’t cave on the rank. Any give on the rank devalues the reward in my opinion.

in WvW

Odokuro.5049

Alright answer me this, how does having a requirement of Rank 2000 encourage new players? Guild Wars 2 is a casual-friendly game, playing 5 to 6 hours everyday, following a Commander around and doing nothing else, is NOT casual play.

I believe working towards a goal as much as the next person, but, that’s when the time invested, and the reward itself, feel even. Getting 2000 ranks, just for Ascended armor/weapons that you can get much faster in PvE is, well, ignorant.

This is not going to encourage new players to go into WvW, all this is going to do is feed the ego’s of people who have played WvW only since launch, and allow them to belittle people who object to this system.

in WvW

Posted by: Erzian.5218

Erzian.5218

It just depends on what you want to do. If you want to have the armor as a prestige item, then rank 2k is fine. If your goal is to encourage more players to play wvw, then 2k is pretty absurd as it is too far away to encourage people and will more likely deter them.

in WvW

Zalavaaris.5329

It just depends on what you want to do. If you want to have the armor as a prestige item, then rank 2k is fine. If your goal is to encourage more players to play wvw, then 2k is pretty absurd as it is too far away to encourage people and will more likely deter them.

How come I didn’t get my legendary armor just for being a dedicated pve player for 4 years?

in WvW

Posted by: Threather.9354

Threather.9354

How come I didn’t get my legendary armor just for being a dedicated pve player for 4 years?

Legendary armor with stat/rune change that is the Ultimate grind reward for the grinders is different than slighty worse skinned normal ascended armor that is a reward for dedicated WvW players.

Diamond Rank Copyrights [CR]
EU Roamer, Dueler, Commander, Fighter, Scout

in WvW

Odokuro.5049

Because it was just released not too long ago?

in WvW

Posted by: Sykper.6583

Sykper.6583

I don’t think Rank 2k is a terribly high benchmark.

However from my experience with these kinds of reward systems, there’s a few fairly big flaws with how this system has been implemented.

- Not enough Rewards on Rank Milestones. Essentially, although ranks are technically treated as a gate for pieces of equipment, including Warbringer, there is simply too many gaps between when you get Warbringer, and when you can start RPing as Tyrael from the Diablo series. Simply adding guaranteed additional unlocks of say Ascended Equipment and boxes per few hundred Ranks would help ease new WvWers and give them something to look forward to. Hell, you could even get away with throwing Raw Gold in there and that’ll add some drive.

- Ticket Cap is hit and miss. We get it, the cap is to avoid the WvW Addict on Magumma having IRL issues because he/she really wants to grind out Diamond Chests 24/7. Hard caps prevent that kind of behavior. I will say though, in the instance of WvW versus something like Raiding or SPvP (SPvP tickets I am also leaning towards this solution) having a hard ticket cap actually isn’t the best solution. Rather I think a diminishing cap is smarter as it A) doesn’t directly punish players who love WvW every day that hit that Diamond Rank within 24 hours on a weekend yet encourages at least repeating Diamond once or twice for a slight boost over the 175 ticket cap.

I would recommend that each repeat of Diamond Chest cuts the tickets earned at the next Diamond chest by half, until the reset. So you do Diamond the first time? 40 tickets and you’ve hit the initial cap. 2nd time? 20 tickets, you now have 195 so far, and again? 205 tickets. Once more? 210. I believe at this point if you’ve repeated Diamond after the initial time, THREE more times it’ll give 35 extra tickets. Certainly you could continue to repeat but it’ll hit 1 ticket per chest which just isn’t terribly efficient if you are going for rewards and prevents that ‘GIVE UP MY IRL FOR BAGS’ mentality without throwing a stop sign in front of WvW enthusiasts. As an added bonus, 35 extra tickets on top of a cap of 175 is exactly a 20% increase of tickets earned per week, praise the Math Gods!

- Lastly Pips aren’t quite there yet. I won’t go into these too much, these forums have provided quite a few different angles to approach.

OVERALL though, folks we do need something of a long-term prestige item in WvW. It’s been years and we’ve finally got something fairly OK, and it’s purely cosmetic since the T2 version is Ascended as well. That’s an appropriate approach. How to get there could use work, but I definitely disagree with the notion that Ranking to 2000 is somehow too far and beyond anyone’s reach. I would argue this game definitely needs MORE of this kind of reward, something you could look forward to in months to come.

Suicidal Warrior.
Putting Perspective on Zerg Sizes since 2012. Common Suffixes for 40+ include ~Zilla and ~Train
“Seriously, just dodge.”

in WvW

Zalavaaris.5329

Legendary armor with stat/rune change that is the Ultimate grind reward for the grinders is different than slighty worse skinned normal ascended armor that is a reward for dedicated WvW players.

Where’s my special reward for being 28? I feel i should be rewarded for my time spent living and i think 26 year olds should have to work hard to not die for 2 more years like I did. I’m prestigious

in WvW

Sarrs.4831

It takes 22 weeks to even finish a set of WvW prestige armor, banked tickets notwithstanding, and you need to clear to Diamond box every single week. That’s still 10+ hours of farming per week unless you’re extremely good at juking Outmanned.

Completing your legendary armor takes less time, both on a per-weekly-hour basis and on a total-weeks-timegated basis.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in WvW

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

It takes 22 weeks to even finish a set of WvW prestige armor, banked tickets notwithstanding, and you need to clear to Diamond box every single week. That’s still 10+ hours of farming per week unless you’re extremely good at juking Outmanned.

Completing your legendary armor takes less time, both on a per-weekly-hour basis and on a total-weeks-timegated basis.

If you have rank 0 and your going for rank 2000, you will have way more tickets then you need to purchase any of the armor and still not be anywhere near rank 2000.

aka. “The Complainer”

in WvW

Posted by: Sykper.6583

Sykper.6583

Where’s my special reward for being 28? I feel i should be rewarded for my time spent living and i think 26 year olds should have to work hard to not die for 2 more years like I did. I’m prestigious

As a fellow 28 year-old you should check again, we got the extra reward of higher potential hand-cramps! Go go Carpal Tunnel!

Suicidal Warrior.
Putting Perspective on Zerg Sizes since 2012. Common Suffixes for 40+ include ~Zilla and ~Train
“Seriously, just dodge.”

in WvW

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

I’m really hoping to get an anet response as to what they are thinking with this. I’d like to know if they intend to keep it at 2000 or if they are looking into reducing it. Would be nice to know what their plans are or what direction they are leaning.

aka. “The Complainer”

in WvW

Posted by: PabbyGaul.9682

PabbyGaul.9682

The 2k rewards arent for new players. #notyourpvecandy

in WvW

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

The 2k rewards arent for new players. #notyourpvecandy

what makes you think i pve only? I fully intend to grind to 2k, but i think its really gross and wrong. when I get to 2k I will remember to come back and reiterate on how i thought the grind is disgusting and is very unfair to new players or anyone else who has gotten used to the casual play style of gw 2. I really hope they do lower this, If i wanted to play a grindy mmo I would go play black desert online, or go back to final fantasy 11 the king of all grindy games where I started. So calling me a pve noob is not only not true, I would question whether you even have any idea how grindy an mmo can become.

furthermore why do you even defend it? If they lowered it to 1k it would not affect you at all, you would still get it. Acting like it cheapens your prestige is a joke since wvw rank is most associated with pvd not actual wvw zerg, havoc, or roaming which I would argue is the heart and soul of wvw. So why do you care?

aka. “The Complainer”

(edited by Jumpin Lumpix.6108)

in WvW

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

what makes you think i pve only? I fully intend to grind to 2k, but i think its really gross and wrong. when I get to 2k I will remember to come back and reiterate on how i thought the grind is disgusting and is very unfair to new players or anyone else who has gotten used to the casual play style of gw 2.

You really need to be on my server’s teamchat with that.
Not that long ago, the Achievements in wvw were that high that the only that had ever been reached was Ultimate Dominator (now the only one I will never get as it wasn’t lowered), we didn’t have the nodes to farm our own food, but had to buy it off the TP, we had to pay for all upgrades in wvw, we had to craft our own superior siege.
And we still played. Welcome to wvw.

in WvW

Sarrs.4831

what makes you think i pve only? I fully intend to grind to 2k

Sounds like the system’s done its job; it’s given you an incentive to spend a lot of time in the game mode, which was one of WvW’s most dire shortcomings.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in WvW

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

what makes you think i pve only? I fully intend to grind to 2k

Sounds like the system’s done its job; it’s given you an incentive to spend a lot of time in the game mode, which was one of WvW’s most dire shortcomings.

no the game mode is repetitive and the grind is too much. Just because I’m doing it doesn’t mean others will, especially since im not the run of the mill pver and I’ve been wving for awhile anyways. I would imagine most will not pursue this, I still might not, still deciding it feels like way to much especially since pvd is the most efficient and if your a good player you min/max which leads you to grinding it out in eotm and not wvwing except for the tickets which you’ll have way before you reach rank 2000, which is no fun. Whether I might be willing to grind for it or not, changes nothing. I still think the grind is too much, I don’t like grinding.

The game was sold as a game with little to no grind and now has morphed into something else. I really hope they reconsider because its these kinds of decisions that lead me to quit other mmo’s and to play gw2 instead. I dont associate prestige with wvw rank at all. It was cheapened by people cheating in eotm when it came out to attain high ranks (in the ballpark of 2-5k in one month) who are now being rewarded for having cheated because they got to retain their ranks after this exploit was patched. Eotm is still the best way to earn it and as such makes wvw itself feel totally pointless and grindy.

In addition you say that it will spur me to play wvw more which is the shortcomming of the game mode. While this is true all it motivates me to do is to get the tickets which can be earned by afking in wvw after participating (which i assume they will patch. I also don’t have an issue with the tickets, I think those are a good idea). After i get the tickets i wont be anywhere near rank 2k and then will have to grind the rest of the ranks in eotm, so I wont even be playing in wvw so therefore the population won’t increase anyways, not by me or other min/maxers I would imagine.

aka. “The Complainer”

(edited by Jumpin Lumpix.6108)

in WvW

Posted by: Novahh.7426

Novahh.7426

Well atleast when you get your armor it will feel great about it lol

Guild Leader of The Legacy [OBEY]
Guardian – Legends Never [DIE]
Fort Aspenwood, WvW Rank: 2,675

in WvW

Posted by: ZiggyStardust.3194

ZiggyStardust.3194

Others have calculated it would take 2 years to go from 0 to 2000…it’s a reward for those that have put the time into keeping the game mode alive. I’m only just over 200 for playing for about a year, but then I roam a lot rather than zerg, so I’ll have to adjust my playstyle, and have recently joined a guild to get the XP bonuses.

Not truth. I have created new account as I have returned to game, my previous account was lvl 1500+, however I have played mostly wvw when there were no ranks. Now in almost 5 hours I have reached lvl 60.

Rank requirement shouldn’t be lowered. They have introduced those rewards to those who play wvw, we don’t want that every single pver would just come to get those rewards for nothing. At the beginning, after update, we had queues to EB of about 150 people, it took to get in about 3-4 hours. Most of those players in are just pvers who came for rewards. You have to work for them. You don’t like wvw, don’t play it. I have noticed how easy bags were players from FSP, PS…which was surprising…but after you think that more than half of them are newbies, it’s understandable.

Although I have been playing WvW since GW2 launch, maybe not that actively during last 2 years, my new account is lvl 60. I would strongly suggest ANET to put rank limit to players wanting to join WVW. Lets say 100-150 would be great. If you want to fight real battles and not to be a simple loot bag, you should learn it in EotM. EB and borderlands aren’t learning grounds.

Don’t waste your hard earned pennies for the broken game!

in WvW

Posted by: trixantea.1230

trixantea.1230

The amount of grind to rank up in order to get some ascended amor skins is far too high compared to other game modes and even to legendary items.

Gameplaywise, there is no point of getting more than rank 1000 because all WvW abilities are upgraded. Anet simply made the +1000 WvW ranks to reward the people who still rank up past this level with some loot and fancy titles as a small motivation to keep them playing.

While spending Tomes of knowledge to rank up is good idea to help players get the abilities and let them make a good use of the extra tomes, some ‘EotM-exp-farmers’ and ‘elitists’ keep coming in zergs to attack it because they think that if you do not spend +500 hours grinding levels you do not deserve ‘to get that armor’ like they did.

in WvW

Posted by: ZiggyStardust.3194

ZiggyStardust.3194

The amount of grind to rank up in order to get some ascended amor skins is far too high compared to other game modes and even to legendary items.

Gameplaywise, there is no point of getting more than rank 1000 because all WvW abilities are upgraded. Anet simply made the +1000 WvW ranks to reward the people who still rank up past this level with some loot and fancy titles as a small motivation to keep them playing.

While spending Tomes of knowledge to rank up is good idea to help players get the abilities and let them make a good use of the extra tomes, some ‘EotM-exp-farmers’ and ‘elitists’ keep coming in zergs to attack it because they think that if you do not spend +500 hours grinding levels you do not deserve ‘to get that armor’ like they did.

Because you haven’t deserved. It’s reward for playing the game mode properly. I want legendary armour, but I hate raiding, so maybe ANET should lower the amount of LI we need for them? No, because you have to achieve it. You want to get those skins, go play WVW to get them. But people like in PVP, they just come for item and ruining game mode like this.

We have huge queues in WvW due to new players wanting those skins, lately numbers dropped as they noticed it will take a lot of time. Those skins are rewarded for playing game mode, not just to get it because you like it.

And entry rank should be at least 200 in wvw, depending on server.

Don’t waste your hard earned pennies for the broken game!

in WvW

Posted by: trixantea.1230

trixantea.1230

Because you haven’t deserved. It’s reward for playing the game mode properly. I want legendary armour, but I hate raiding, so maybe ANET should lower the amount of LI we need for them? No, because you have to achieve it. You want to get those skins, go play WVW to get them. But people like in PVP, they just come for item and ruining game mode like this.

We have huge queues in WvW due to new players wanting those skins, lately numbers dropped as they noticed it will take a lot of time. Those skins are rewarded for playing game mode, not just to get it because you like it.

Im not against the concept of playing to get the reward but anyone who can use a calculator knows that the grind to get ascended armor in WvW is far too high compared to sPvP or PvE and If you think that wasting hundreds if not thousands of hours of your life just to get 6 virtual items on the screen is something that should be rewarded, I find it an insult to human intelligence and an achievement that people should be ashamed of.

(edited by trixantea.1230)

in WvW

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

I think rank 1k is more then enough especially because all of your wvw skills are already maxed. Is it playing properly when i rank up in eotm? What is playing wvw properly anyways? How about all those people who exploited eotm when it came out to get rank 2k+ in one month and anet let them keep it after they patched it? Did they play it properly? because now they are rewarded.

aka. “The Complainer”