Lower the Rank Requirement for Armor

in WvW

Posted by: Jumpin Lumpix.6108

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

Sitting in an objective ‘defending’ and losing ZvZ is not how you win WvW.

I play on blackgate since launch.

Maybe you should move to a server which is more your pace.

Yah sure insinuating that I can’t handle the predictable monotony that is wvw, it’s clearly too much for me to handle and what does this have to do with what I suggested above?

aka. “The Complainer”

in WvW

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

Yah sure insinuating that I can’t handle the predictable monotony that is wvw, it’s clearly too much for me to handle and what does this have to do with what I suggested above?

No, I’m insinuating that a T1 server is a bad fit for you. If you think that you need to be karmatraining to earn WXP at a reasonable rate (the veracity of this assertion is also an issue), and nobody on your server wants to do it, then you should be looking into a server which does want to play with a more karmatraining-friendly style.

I’m not responding to your suggestions at all. I’ve already responded to them all with everything up to and including a big block of math.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in WvW

Posted by: SkyFallsInThunder.8257

SkyFallsInThunder.8257

I’ve played a good amount of wvw since launch and am rank 364 with about 360 hrs in wvw. Feels unobtainable.

Ahahahahahahahahahahaha

Guys, we need to change the meaning of the phrase “a good amount”!

360 hours in 5 years is nothing.

It only feels unobtainable. Booster up and play wvw, if you want the wvw shiny. WXP is sooo easy to get…

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

Self entitlement is all time high here. If you want something then earn for it, if all you are is complaining all about it then it means you don’t want it badly enough.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

in WvW

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

I wish people on the thread would learn what entitlement really means. Asking the rank req to be lowered to rank 1000 isn’t entitlement, its a reasonable suggestion, especially for new players whom are turned off at the sight of rank 2000.

also acting like my 360 hours in a game mode = not enough time = I must not know what im talking about,

my retort: i have been playing games for 25 years now, played over 15 mmo’s including gw1 -8k hours played, gw2 – 6.7k hours played. I have started and completed far worse grinds in other mmo’s, far more egregious then grinding to r2000 in gw2 wvw. I already know pretty much everything there is to learn about wvw (and all other game modes) except for tiny nuances and details. Wvw can be mastered by most players after only 50 hrs. There isn’t anything special about the game mode, especially over other game modes. There isn’t anything that unique about the game mode compared to other game modes.

There also isn’t any reason why it should be rank 2000 its just a magical number that they made up, and I think they picked wrong. Its all just a matter of where they draw the line. I’m sure if they picked rank 10k everyone would protest, in this case its 2k, some protest some dont. I’ve only ever seen dedicated wvwers be ok with. Never met anyone from spvp or pve who thought 2k was a good idea, whereas I met a lot of players who think that 1k was fine. 1k is still a lot.

I never said that wvw rank was hard to get, its just time consuming beyond belief, and mind numbingly boring and grindy (playing wvw = fun, grinding wvw rank = not fun, but its the most efficient). I don’t want gw2 to turn into a heavy grind, so that’s why I think they should lower this and not do this type of reward structure in the future with other game modes.

aka. “The Complainer”

(edited by Jumpin Lumpix.6108)

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

My retort, I have not play games as long as you but still close to two decades. I have also participated in live tournaments (on stage even) for some games (when I was younger). To put it really simple, I can be highly competitive and yet the numerous games I have played also means I can be chilled.

The answer to you is this, if you want something badly enough, then farm for it. If you don’t want it badly enough, then leave it. Obviously, only those who want it badly enough is gonna get the skin. Furthermore, to prove my point, there are people already making posts they are not of 2k ranks or even 1k ranks but agree with the requirement but I guess you are fixated on your thinking to read them.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

in WvW

Posted by: MadBomber.3719

MadBomber.3719

Okay I can sort of agree 2000 is a bit high, I only play wvw in this game and im not even rank 2k, granted i was mainly in fight guilds and gvg guilds so not much ppt. also took a break from gw2 after season 2. I think if they lowered it to 1500 , it would be a reasonable rank. It’s high enough to keep it exclusive for a bit to appease veteran wvwers.

shit guardian on maguuma

in WvW

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

My retort, I have not play games as long as you but still close to two decades. I have also participated in live tournaments (on stage even) for some games (when I was younger). To put it really simple, I can be highly competitive and yet the numerous games I have played also means I can be chilled.

The answer to you is this, if you want something badly enough, then farm for it. If you don’t want it badly enough, then leave it. Obviously, only those who want it badly enough is gonna get the skin. Furthermore, to prove my point, there are people already making posts they are not of 2k ranks or even 1k ranks but agree with the requirement but I guess you are fixated on your thinking to read them.

this is a fine response, and your right if I don’t like it I can not grind for it. But that’s an option I’m already aware of, so I don’t really need it pointed out. I want them to change it because i think it hurts the direction of gw2. Trying to change it is also an option as well.

aka. “The Complainer”

in WvW

Posted by: MadBomber.3719

MadBomber.3719

I want them to change it because i think it hurts the direction of gw2. Trying to change it is also an option as well.

not sure it hurts it. so far it’s brought new people into wvw and brought some old players back, which was their intent … whether or not people stay is something to be seen. its been good so far, they do need to redo the linkings to adjust to the new populations but thats a different subject

pve side of gw2 is already healthy since anet has only been focusing on that for last 2 years.

shit guardian on maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Eater of Peeps.9062

Eater of Peeps.9062

Great idea, it did work, they came in droves, so we had 2 hr queues. YAY! Robust WvW zerg play! Fun fun fun. Then reality hit:

Queues – omg NOOOOO.

Go away newbies. “Back to pve for u” snobbery.

2k to get a piece of armor – 5 hrs playing and I got 2 ranks? – 6 ranks? – 10? w/e. Who cares – waaaaaaaay tooo distant a reward for me thx. I’m outta here – not wanted anyway

1 wk later, no queues, no players. Idea over. Back to the grind.

Yay! In 6 mos when the vets have all their shinies, everyone else will have moved on and there will be few to show it to, and no one who stays but doesn’t have it won’t care, and those of us who wvw as vets and don’t care about the shinies will just keep on the same old treadmill cuz that’s what we do.

So end result: zero sum gain.

Couldn’t we all have been a little nicer, a little less elitist, a little more realistic and rewarding, a little more patient, and a little more flexible/understanding? Help Anet keep this great game robust! Welcome everyone to squads! BE Kind! Behave! Rewards for everyone that are realistic, while honoring the time-worn, master vets so they can display their dedication to others (not Lord it over them), and just have fun.

in WvW

Posted by: Sylvyn.4750

Sylvyn.4750

Does shared participation give WxP?

If it does than that’s your answer.
If not you don’t sound happy on your server.

Nobody is forcing you to spend half your time inside walls.

If you aren’t happy on your server you might consider switching.

Shared participation is a double-edged sword if this is true: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Botting-in-WvW-Wow/

in WvW

Sylvyn.4750

Great idea, it did work, they came in droves, so we had 2 hr queues. YAY! Robust WvW zerg play! Fun fun fun. Then reality hit:

Queues – omg NOOOOO.

2k to get a piece of armor – 5 hrs playing and I got 2 ranks? – 6 ranks? – 10? w/e. Who cares – waaaaaaaay tooo distant a reward for me thx. I’m outta here – not wanted anyway

Yay! In 6 mos when the vets have all their shinies, everyone else will have moved on and there will be few to show it to, and no one who stays but doesn’t have it won’t care, and those of us who wvw as vets and don’t care about the shinies will just keep on the same old treadmill cuz that’s what we do.

Couldn’t we all have been a little nicer, a little less elitist, a little more realistic and rewarding, a little more patient, and a little more flexible/understanding? Help Anet keep this great game robust! Welcome everyone to squads! BE Kind! Behave! Rewards for everyone that are realistic, while honoring the time-worn, master vets so they can display their dedication to others (not Lord it over them), and just have fun.

Excellent post…and yes, pretty much seeing the queues die down on my server…last night only EBG was queued during my normal West Coast hours, where all borders were queued last week after the patch.

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Queues – omg NOOOOO.

Excellent post…and yes, pretty much seeing the queues die down on my server…last night only EBG was queued during my normal West Coast hours, where all borders were queued last week after the patch.

Most WvWers will rejoice at this news. Queues are a dirty word, and motivation to move servers for some guilds.

That said, I’ve yet to see anyone in this thread provide a valid reason for lowering the requirements. It’s not like the new gear gives any advantage. “Because I want it” is not valid. You can get it if you want. Nobody’s stopping you. In fact most WvW vets would be happy to show you a few tricks.

Unless someone can undeniably show that not having this gear puts you, as a player, at a disadvantage to other players who have it, there’s really no justification.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

(edited by Jayne.9251)

in WvW

Posted by: Najten.2418

Najten.2418

@Najten
I know right? Because if you defend or take a structure with a zerg its not a zerg fight. Or is it?

Im sorry that you guys found out that wvw is actually about fighting this late but its fun try it.

Who said anything about that? Did I say a zerg fight wasn’t a zerg fight if your side is defending something? Did anyone?
And another key question; How many zergs show up at the right time if nobody scouts for them? Let’s them know where the enemy zerg is heading? That they’re kicking down the north door and not the south? Saves them from wasting their time when those crossed swords is nothing but a Thief kicking a guard’s butt? If nobody pulls that EWP when they’re inside the Lord’s room, then what? But doing that work shouldn’t be more rewarding?

I have played WvW on and off since the first open beta. I am well aware what WvW is about. I have also spent more than enough hours in there, after WXP was introduced to begin with, to notice that some nights, while fun and rewarding in themselves, are not rewarding on the WXP front AT ALL. Other nights, while a bit more monotonous but still quite enjoyable due to the whole feeling of “zomg we are totally wrecking them!” reward tons of ranks in very little time.
I have ran with small zergs, I’ve ran with big zergs, I have scouted, I have sieged up Towers, I have “karma trained”, I have roamed around flipping camps and killing dolyaks.. I have decided to make sure a Keep reaches T3 with nothing but another guildie, some speedy dolyaks, and the hopes for a quick response from the borderhopping commander to save our kitten if needed. There is nothing in this game mode I have not spent atleast 100 hours doing, so please, stop telling me I don’t know what I’m talking about, I don’t know how to gain WXP, I don’t know how to “have fun” in there etc.. I do, it’s just that having fun and gaining WXP don’t always correspond with one another. Neither do being useful and gaining WXP, and I find that to be a pretty huge issue. Shared Participation is a good thing, but I’ve never gotten it and I’m pretty sure a lot of others have that same issue. I also don’t even know if it rewards WXP in the first place, or just simply keeps your Participation from dropping off.

It would also be nice if people talking about how “easy” and “fast” it is to gain these 2000 ranks, would quit assuming everyone has every booster available at all times, that’s not realistic.
Most people will not have boosters, or their boosters will go to waste because you can’t decide for everyone else on your server and the enemy server to adapt to what you want to do when you pop it. Even if you wait with popping it until people are doing what you want, there’s no guarantee things won’t take a different direction 5 minutes later. I’ve gained 70 ranks in a sitting, once, with all boosters that were available at that time. It’s hardly something that happens often though and it involved a LOT of flipping keeps, SM, towers etc, consecutively. We took them, lost them, took them back. All night there was little or no defense on any front. Other times I’ve popped my boosters and gained not a single rank due to bad luck; getting wiped, getting targetted early in the fights, lagging at the wrong moment, simply being outnumbered on all fronts, getting double-teamed, disconnecting and spending the entire booster duration getting back into WvW.. Whatever, kitten happens. Boosters are nice but not always reliable.
Also.. will I personally be at rank 2000 by the time I have enough tickets to buy the Armor? Probably. Not far off anyway. I still think it’s way too high for anyone just starting out and it’s unfair to a lot of people simply based on the fact that people get rewarded for PAST work, which is unique in this game. If it was a thing across all game modes, fine, but it’s not.

As for rank being a “long term goal” that you just have to grind for if you want all the shinies; I already have to spend 99 weeks grinding enough WvW to unlock the Diamond Chest to get all the shinies. I’m going for all the shinies. You think my complaints are due to the grind being too much? Hah. Anyone not in it for the long haul is already deterred by the long time it takes to get the tickets. But atleast that is FAIR to everyone and therefore I have no complaints about it. The ticket grind is somewhat equal for all due to the weekly cap. GOOD THING.
Veterans are already rewarded for their contribution simply by earning their pips much faster, they’re not being overlooked just because this rank requirement is lowered. And even if it is lowered to 1k, it will be miles away for anyone entering WvW today, while still corresponding to the only “true” initial milestone when it comes to WXP; unlock all WvW Abilities.. Why shouldn’t “I now have all WvW Abilities unlocked” be enough to be awarded the ability to buy this thing?
Honestly, all rank above that is nothing but kitten and would be better rewarded by you highrankers being able to display a little medal (like from sPvP rank) or even a title next to your name. Atleast that would let everyone know how much dedication you’ve actually shown, cuz if you look at it in the end, the armor will just say you’re “2k+”. Nothing else.

in WvW

Posted by: Eater of Peeps.9062

Eater of Peeps.9062

Queues – omg NOOOOO.

Most WvWers will rejoice at this news. Queues are a dirty word, and motivation to move servers for some guilds.

That said, I’ve yet to see anyone in this thread provide a valid reason for lowering the requirements. It’s not like the new gear gives any advantage. “Because I want it” is not valid. You can get it if you want. Nobody’s stopping you. In fact most WvW vets would be happy to show you a few tricks.

Unless someone can undeniably show that not having this gear puts you, as a player, at a disadvantage to other players who have it, there’s really no justification.

I am a WvW vet since Ive been playing weekly since beta and know the tricks. But 2000 rank is too remote of a shiny reward for the majority of players, including me. I will get there when I get there, so I don’t care, and I will or won’t wear my armor when I get it. I’m not in it for the shinies. However, some are, and some may be enticed by it, but then get blown away by the time commitment needed to get it. 1000 rank or even 1500 is doable/conceivable and not off-putting for most interested players. 2k is defeating and encourages attrition rather than encourages participation. Either way, the vets will have their shinies to show off WAY BEFORE any newbies or even most players in WvW, so what’s the difference? Earlier prestige isn’t good enuf? U have to scare players away with burdensome unattainable rewards – oh, think of those pretty purple pvp pinnacle weapons, which after 5 yrs of playing NO ONE has EVEN ONE. What’s the pt. Think end goal here – the game alive and well and thriving 10 yrs in cuz we all like it enuf to post and discuss here!

in WvW

Sylvyn.4750

For my own account, it does not matter where the bar is set…I already have all the Ascended I want/need because I had to craft it while waiting for decent WvW rewards. Now that they are finally here, I’m only interested in going for the back piece, which, for being a Legendary, has a surprisingly obtainable level of commitment for most people. Which is kind of weird…get a Legendary at level 350, or grind to 2k for a fixed stat set of Ascended? Anyway, Eater of Peep’s post leans more to saying we need to be thinking more about what it will take to keep this game mode going and less about personal gain or elitism, seeing the whole of the forest through the individual trees, as it were.

in WvW

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

Queues – omg NOOOOO.

I am a WvW vet since Ive been playing weekly since beta and know the tricks. But 2000 rank is too remote of a shiny reward for the majority of players, including me. I will get there when I get there, so I don’t care, and I will or won’t wear my armor when I get it. I’m not in it for the shinies. However, some are, and some may be enticed by it, but then get blown away by the time commitment needed to get it. 1000 rank or even 1500 is doable/conceivable and not off-putting for most interested players. 2k is defeating and encourages attrition rather than encourages participation. Either way, the vets will have their shinies to show off WAY BEFORE any newbies or even most players in WvW, so what’s the difference? Earlier prestige isn’t good enuf? U have to scare players away with burdensome unattainable rewards – oh, think of those pretty purple pvp pinnacle weapons, which after 5 yrs of playing NO ONE has EVEN ONE. What’s the pt. Think end goal here – the game alive and well and thriving 10 yrs in cuz we all like it enuf to post and discuss here!

I’m over rank 2k and haven’t played much this last year. But you know what I don’t have is a set of ascended armor for ANY of my 9 characters. I’ve only got 5 pieces of ascended armor. You know why? It’s because instead of spending my time grinding for gold/mats/collections I’ve been getting WxP and WvW ranks. I bet there are tons of PvE players that come into WvW at rank 0 and already have a full set of ascended armor.

I’m fine with that because I know that if Anet lowered the requirements to get the shiniest of shinies in WvW that it would ultimately hurt WvW, and that’s way more important to everyone that plays WvW because I know that the queues we’re seeing now is a direct result of the shinies and if the requirements were lowered then the players would never get a chance to fully experience WvW.

And when I finally get my T2 set of armor I will wear it proudly along with my “Yakslapper” title and I will work on the sets for the other 8 characters, even the ones that I don’t bring into WvW. This is the closest thing in GW2 WvW to GWAM since the ultimate dominator title was tarnished by the kill traders in OS.

in WvW

Posted by: DemonSeed.3528

DemonSeed.3528

I’m over rank 2k and haven’t played much this last year. But you know what I don’t have is a set of ascended armor for ANY of my 9 characters. I’ve only got 5 pieces of ascended armor.

Haha same here, barely any armor or weapons on my 13 chars are asc, only trinkets are all full asc. The drops were also abyssmal for me but luckily 2 dropped after the patch. Most of my gold went to food/runes/sigils/exo arm+wep for different builds so I was in a constant state of being without much gold.

in WvW

Sarrs.4831

Half the time in wvw is spent repairing walls or standing around or defending structures or losing zerg vs zergs or running places only to flee.

I already know pretty much everything there is to learn about wvw (and all other game modes) except for tiny nuances and details.

These two statements are contradictory. If you know everything there is to know about WvW, you would not be spending half of your time repairing walls, hard scouting objectives, ‘defending structures’ or losing fights. That’s not how you win in WvW.

Shared participation is a double-edged sword if this is true: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Botting-in-WvW-Wow/

I’ve seen people giving their own alts participation. I didn’t report it because I don’t really care if someone feeds themselves a bit of participation & they are a commander so props to them for that, but I would’ve been annoyed if it was an actual scout who was getting shafted because of it.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in WvW

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

The only reason wvwers do not want it lowered, is because they are being selfish and they know that they now have something that most players cant get by any reasonable means (which is basically selfishness, and a disregard for gw2 as a whole). Wvwers call anyone who advocates that they want the rank req lowered on t3 armor as being “entitled.” Yet they are the ones who are acting truly entitled, because they were fortunate enough to have their activities tracked via wxp when so many other game modes in gw2 don’t track various activities with similar a system to wxp (just wvw’s).

I wonder how spvpers feel since there ranks stopped being tracked at r80 and some people had that within 3-6 months of the game launching. (guess they get nothing since spvp rank doesn’t go to r10k). If they release armor gated behind spvp rank 80, it would be quite easy for a new player to get r80 (the cap) vs r2000 in wvw. – Pve also doesn’t even have a ranking system like this of any kind. The closest thing is masteries and that’s hardly comparable to wxp or spvp rank, its also much less time consuming.

they think wxp = prestige/commitment, which is only partly true especially considering eotm’s existence/previous exploits, and the fact that k-train is by far the most efficient way to rank up (not zerg vs zerg, not defending, not scouting, not roaming, not havoc, not upgrading, though they do add to wxp to an extent). In addition to this wxp wasn’t tracked for the entire first year of the game, a time in which i spent countless hours and none of that was tracked at all.

This is why r2000 is unreasonable compared to all other game modes and was a design decision which needs to be re-evaluated.

aka. “The Complainer”

in WvW

Posted by: Arcaedus.7290

Arcaedus.7290

There is no reason not to lower the rank requirement for T3 armor down to 1000 or even just 1500. A requirement of 1000 still keeps it prestigious and prevents new players from just coming in and briefly grinding for a skin before leaving.

It will actually be more encompassing in rewarding the target playerbase (the wvw veterans) since most “veterans” and wvw regulars who have put a lot of time and effort in tend to be around or well above rank 1000.

I don’t think any but the most elitist and stuckup would be offended to see a rank 1000 wvw player in T3 armor so it wouldn’t devalue the armor by making it more common.

Finally, a new player who plays for a while and is smart enough to realize how gaining wxp works may reasonably figure out that they can achieve rank 1000 in less than a year (but certainly in no less than a month or two) so if they were motivated by T3 armor, they may be more encouraged to regularly play and participate in wvw for a few months and achieve it after a considerable amount of time as opposed to seeing a 2k rank requirement and not even trying wvw since it’s much more out of reach.

I really only see good in lowering the rank requirement. People here seem to think that we want the rank requirement removed or are salty pve players who just want the skins but that plain and simply isn’t the case. We like the rank requirement idea but 2k is just a bit too high since it excludes a majority of wvw veterans.

in WvW

Sarrs.4831

The only reason wvwers do not want it lowered, is because they are being selfish

What Susie says of Sally.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in WvW

Posted by: Grebcol.5984

Grebcol.5984

r2000 is fine. The armor was made for peoples which playing WvWvW for a long time or invested much time in this game mode .

in WvW

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

The only reason wvwers do not want it lowered, is because they are being selfish

What Susie says of Sally.

How nice that you ignore my whole post and come back with a 1 liner. Really makes your point clear.

aka. “The Complainer”

in WvW

Sarrs.4831

How nice that you ignore my whole post and come back with a 1 liner. Really makes your point clear.

The first line of your argument should be the fundamental premise of it; a summation of the points which you are going to explain & justify to convince your audience.

When the fundamental premise of your argument is demeaning everyone who disagrees with you, it speaks more of you as a person than it does of the people who disagree with you, or their position.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in WvW

Posted by: Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace.4275

I want to do lvl 100 fractals so lower the agony to half. I also want lenegedry armour so lower the cost to half. I also want to finish of my lendry shortbow so lower the mastery points by half in pve hot.

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

gw1 – healing signet/frenzy/charge

in WvW

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

rank 1500-2000 is fine, god forbid that the players who have stuck it out through almost 5 years get rewarded a bit more than the people just jumping in now for the skins.

yeah, its a bloody insult to WvW veterans to lower the rank of WvW specific armor.

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

in WvW

Prysin.8542

The only reason wvwers do not want it lowered, is because they are being selfish and they know that they now have something that most players cant get by any reasonable means (which is basically selfishness, and a disregard for gw2 as a whole). Wvwers call anyone who advocates that they want the rank req lowered on t3 armor as being “entitled.” Yet they are the ones who are acting truly entitled, because they were fortunate enough to have their activities tracked via wxp when so many other game modes in gw2 don’t track various activities with similar a system to wxp (just wvw’s).

I wonder how spvpers feel since there ranks stopped being tracked at r80 and some people had that within 3-6 months of the game launching. (guess they get nothing since spvp rank doesn’t go to r10k). If they release armor gated behind spvp rank 80, it would be quite easy for a new player to get r80 (the cap) vs r2000 in wvw. – Pve also doesn’t even have a ranking system like this of any kind. The closest thing is masteries and that’s hardly comparable to wxp or spvp rank, its also much less time consuming.

they think wxp = prestige/commitment, which is only partly true especially considering eotm’s existence/previous exploits, and the fact that k-train is by far the most efficient way to rank up (not zerg vs zerg, not defending, not scouting, not roaming, not havoc, not upgrading, though they do add to wxp to an extent). In addition to this wxp wasn’t tracked for the entire first year of the game, a time in which i spent countless hours and none of that was tracked at all.

This is why r2000 is unreasonable compared to all other game modes and was a design decision which needs to be re-evaluated.

So you are saying that people like me, who DONT have agony trinkets, DONT know the map rotations, DONT know the boss mechanics, DONT know the shortcuts, DONT know the gear combinations, DONT know where to even go to play fractals of the mist has it “easy” to get the PvE her0 gear?

Do i want a fractal backpack? yes
Can i get it without investing hugely into Fractals? NO

IS IT FAIR TO THOSE WHO SPENT HUNDREDS OF HOURS PLAYING TO GET THE FRACTAL BACKPACK, TO LOWER REQUIREMENTS FOR FRACTAL BACKPACK BECAUSE I DONT PLAY IT ENOUGH TO GET WHAT I WANT?? NO

Life isnt fair. you CHOSE not to play WvW when leveling was easier. Likewise i CHOSE not to invest into PvE and learning how to play fractals.

CHOICES HAS CONSEQUENCES

And FYI, my WvW level is below 750. I dont expect to hit 2k anytime soon given how little i play. But i am not going to cry-bully my way to making it easier.

WvW never gets anything nice. Our achievements takes YEARS to complete due to the ridiculous amount of kills/escorts/flips you need. And we get rewarded with nearly nothing. So when WvW finally gets a good reward for the countless hours it takes to get where we are, then you have no right to come here and cry bully your way to make it easy.

Your whole post is infact a giant “middle finger” to all WvW players, past and present.

in WvW

Posted by: KPower.1394

KPower.1394

Lv 2000 is perfekt, imo.
There is no real end content. So gw2 needs some skins/rewards, that keep playing attractive. If you want to finish every Content in a Game in a few days/weeks, why the hell are you playing mmo’s?

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

I’m over rank 2k and haven’t played much this last year. But you know what I don’t have is a set of ascended armor for ANY of my 9 characters. I’ve only got 5 pieces of ascended armor.

Haha same here, barely any armor or weapons on my 13 chars are asc, only trinkets are all full asc. The drops were also abyssmal for me but luckily 2 dropped after the patch. Most of my gold went to food/runes/sigils/exo arm+wep for different builds so I was in a constant state of being without much gold.

I have ONE character with two pieces of ascended, lol. The rest are all exotics.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: Arkaile.5604

Arkaile.5604

I want to do lvl 100 fractals so lower the agony to half. I also want lenegedry armour so lower the cost to half. I also want to finish of my lendry shortbow so lower the mastery points by half in pve hot.

The problem with this approach is it doesn’t take anywhere remotely as long to reach both of those goals as it does to get to rank 2000 in WvW. They can be daunting to new players, sure, but not in the same “this will take so long that it isn’t even a goal I should consider” manner that the t3 WvW skins’ rank requirements are. I understand the appeal of long-term (3+ years) goals and giving something to veterans who’ve stuck with WvW through the years, but was that really what was needed to support the health of the game mode? There was an influx of players who wanted to see what was introduced and now the majority appear to have left with others continuing to trickle off. Not quite back to square one yet, but we’re getting there.

As for fractals, there are steps people need to take in order to get to the more rewarding t4 fractals. From personal experience I know getting people into fractals can feel like pulling teeth, but once a person actually starts progressing and getting rewards they seem to stick with it, provided they like the content. The progression is more apparent and players who bother to put in the time will notice tangible changes rather quickly.

Comparing this to WvW, players do get incremental rewards, like more pips per tick, but it takes much, much longer to get even those tiny benefits. Rewards for progression are spread out far too thin. Having the requirement be so high would probably seem more reasonable if there were more rewards placed along the road to rank 2000, but if nothing is going to be added it really ought to be lowered.

in WvW

Arcaedus.7290

rank 1500-2000 is fine, god forbid that the players who have stuck it out through almost 5 years get rewarded a bit more than the people just jumping in now for the skins.

yeah, its a bloody insult to WvW veterans to lower the rank of WvW specific armor.

It’s far worse a bloody insult to wvw veterans who have been playing the game mode almost exclusively for 1 to 3 years to get slapped in the face by a 2k rank requirement when many are significantly below that.

Wvw veterans know that wvw rank isn’t a good measure of your contribution to the server and is only a weak indicator of how much time you have spent in the game mode.

Those with greater than 2k rank requirement are still rightly receiving more; they earn more pips per tick which is a pretty significant bonus that someone of lower rank can’t compensate for assuming equal play time per day.

in WvW

Prysin.8542

The problem with this approach is it doesn’t take anywhere remotely as long to reach both of those goals as it does to get to rank 2000 in WvW. They can be daunting to new players, sure, but not in the same “this will take so long that it isn’t even a goal I should consider” manner that the t3 WvW skins’ rank requirements are. I understand the appeal of long-term (3+ years) goals and giving something to veterans who’ve stuck with WvW through the years, but was that really what was needed to support the health of the game mode? There was an influx of players who wanted to see what was introduced and now the majority appear to have left with others continuing to trickle off. Not quite back to square one yet, but we’re getting there.

As for fractals, there are steps people need to take in order to get to the more rewarding t4 fractals. From personal experience I know getting people into fractals can feel like pulling teeth, but once a person actually starts progressing and getting rewards they seem to stick with it, provided they like the content. The progression is more apparent and players who bother to put in the time will notice tangible changes rather quickly.

Comparing this to WvW, players do get incremental rewards, like more pips per tick, but it takes much, much longer to get even those tiny benefits. Rewards for progression are spread out far too thin. Having the requirement be so high would probably seem more reasonable if there were more rewards placed along the road to rank 2000, but if nothing is going to be added it really ought to be lowered.

actually, it is exactly what WvW needs. We need fresh blood. Some will leave, some will stay, some will become frequent casuals.

WvW need activity, period. And just like with anything in this game. it is a CHOICE. Nobody forces you to get that skin. The skin isnt required to unlock a certain area, game mode, quest etc…

If this skin had similar difficulty to obtain in PvE, there would be far less pushback. People would just grind on, the same way as always.

The issue is that people want “stuff” without any investment in a game-mode they dislike. Well tough luck. Plenty of WvW players hate PvE, but that doesnt stop them from gritting their teeth for hours on end trying to achieve what they want.

Also, as a sidenote. in 4 weekends of 22 hours of gameplay per weekend. With Birthday (celebration) and Heroic booster + hero banner, i have aqcuired 85 WvW levels…. Sure, you need to get boosters. But most hard-core PvE players has racked up A LOT of gold or crafting materials to sell to gain gold. And can thus choose to spend money or gold to get gems and buy a few boosters.

Playing a class and build advied by commanders/veteran WvW players will reduce your chance of dieing, while increasing your time killing enemies (gaining WvW EXP).

BUT LET US ADRESS THE ELEPHANT IN THIS ROOM. PVE PLAYERS, LIKE ALWAYS, JUST WANT SHINY STUFF, DOESN’T WANT TO ENGAGE IN WVW AND EXPECT THAT WVW PLAYERS SHOULD BE CONTEMPT WITH BEING TREATED LIKE A UNWANTED CHILD

in WvW

Arcaedus.7290

The issue is that people want “stuff” without any investment in a game-mode they dislike. Well tough luck. Plenty of WvW players hate PvE, but that doesnt stop them from gritting their teeth for hours on end trying to achieve what they want.

Also, as a sidenote. in 4 weekends of 22 hours of gameplay per weekend. With Birthday (celebration) and Heroic booster + hero banner, i have aqcuired 85 WvW levels…. Sure, you need to get boosters. But most hard-core PvE players has racked up A LOT of gold or crafting materials to sell to gain gold. And can thus choose to spend money or gold to get gems and buy a few boosters.

Playing a class and build advied by commanders/veteran WvW players will reduce your chance of dieing, while increasing your time killing enemies (gaining WvW EXP).

BUT LET US ADRESS THE ELEPHANT IN THIS ROOM. PVE PLAYERS, LIKE ALWAYS, JUST WANT SHINY STUFF, DOESN’T WANT TO ENGAGE IN WVW AND EXPECT THAT WVW PLAYERS SHOULD BE CONTEMPT WITH BEING TREATED LIKE A UNWANTED CHILD

You’re making a lot of assumptions about the people who want the rank lowered. I want stuff because I HAVE invested a large amount of time AND effort into a game mode. I mainly zerg vs. zerg with a small side of havoc. Conservative estimate: 1500 hours over the past 2.5 years. That’s a LOT. If I had spent even a quarter this much time in any other game mode, I’d easily be able to afford any one shiny piece of armor I sought.

in WvW

Posted by: Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace.4275

My point was, both of us have been playing for years, correct? Both have had the chance/choice to do what ever we wanted. Theres pve hero’s who decided not to do wvw in all of there’s years will have to lump it, just like i will have to lump it by having to start from scratch doing pve raids and fractals because there are very very small amount of “veteran” raid fractals that will ever take a new player.

It’s a bit of a kicker I know but us wvw people never intended to rank up just incase we did get a decent reward in the future, we did it because we liked wvw. But now we have a good reward everyone else who didnt bother in the past thinks they should be on the same boat as us that played wvw for what it was.

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

gw1 – healing signet/frenzy/charge

in WvW

Posted by: zoomborg.9462

zoomborg.9462

First threads i see in wvw section “Lower the rank for armor” “Give EotM pips”. Holy kitten people are so kittening entintled nowadays. Most usually pve players, they are so used to getting a lot of stuff for no effort and that disease is now spreading into wvw. IF U WANT THE REWARDS JUST kitten AND GO FOR IT INSTEAD OF ASKING FOR FREEBIES,

This is coming from a mainly pve player who got leg armor and is now hunting for the wvw (150 rank so ways to go) armor+back. And yes pve entitlement has become a disease for this game.

in WvW

Posted by: schloumou.3982

schloumou.3982

The only reason wvwers do not want it lowered, is because they are being selfish and they know that they now have something that most players cant get by any reasonable means (which is basically selfishness, and a disregard for gw2 as a whole).

I see it the exact opposite around. Now you have:
- Triumphant armor / available via reward track in a few hours of wvw
- Triumphant Hero’s armor / available via tickets and more time investment into wvw
- Mistforged Triumphant Hero’s armor / available for higher ranks

What you guys actually say is there shouldnt be any skin rewards for high ranks and I think thats not healthy. There should be more skins for those freaks up to the 10k rank and the dominator title for example because its cool if you see a intimidating looking guy from far and know he killed more than 250k people on the battlefield and it encourages folks to do that stuff.

(edited by schloumou.3982)

in WvW

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

Ultimately, the largest flaw of the PvE Legendary armor comparison (that PvE should be enraged about but are not) is why wasn’t PvE Raid Legendary armor harder to get?

Why won’t my legendary armor be comparable to the prestige that WvW players have after 4+ years and a minimum of r2000 to use?

Why didn’t it take Raids at least 1-1/2 to 2 years of weekly play to acquire?

Because that’s an asinine time sink that serves no purpose. Forcing players to wait 1.5-2 years to obtain a reward doesn’t make the game better, it just kittenes people off and makes some leave the game.

in WvW

Arcaedus.7290

What you guys actually say is there shouldnt be any skin rewards for high ranks and I think thats not healthy. There should be more skins for those freaks up to the 10k rank and the dominator title for example because its cool if you see a intimidating looking guy from far and know he killed more than 250k people on the battlefield and it encourages folks to do that stuff.

Good point but honestly those guys sort of deserve to have not just a fancy skin but to have legendary armor… which is unfortunately not going to happen since Anet has stated that they only intend to give access to that through raids. :/

I’ve seen someone suggest that T3 should be kept as is, requirement-wise, but be upgraded to legendary armor which is something I think many of us would be fine with (even increasing the rank requirement at this point would be more than fair).

The way it is right now though, it’s ascended gear with no additional benefits over T2 (other than slightly more shiny which isn’t a benefit for those of who watch our fps) and for what it’s worth, I think most wvw veterans deserve to be able to buy it yet many can’t.

in WvW

Arcaedus.7290

2000 is very reasonable compared to all other game modes. Well done Anet!

Compared to other game modes; no it certainly is not.

Knowing now that 2k rank is required and that Anet doesn’t seem to be going back on this bad decision, yes, you can do more to earn rank quicker by utilizing boosters/guild buffs and playing during prime time….

But in the past and up till now, wvw players who did not use boosters and simply played wvw as intended, earned ranks as a function of time. For those who didn’t K-train or weren’t tags, they earned ranks at somewhere between 0.8 to 2 ranks per hour. Claiming that 2k rank requirement is fair means that you think requiring 1000 hours in a game mode (at minimum) just to earn armor specific to that game mode is fair. I guarantee you it wouldn’t take me or anyone else that long to earn a full set of legendary armor starting raids from scratch.

In fact, some quick and crude math:
-15 raid bosses. Say you take an hour per each raid boss to read about them, watch videos and learn as much about how to fight them on your preferred class as possible = 15.
- You spend 5 hours gearing yourself up appropriately then another 5 learning the rotations and just golem-practicing = 10
- You spend 3 hours per day for two weeks just practicing and learning with actual experience how to fight the bosses = 42 (lets round up to 50).
- You then begin the process of aiming towards earning the achievements, taking out each boss and capping your weekly magnetite shards. Assuming you are meeting and pushing the time-gates on relevant achievements, it would take you 10 weeks minimum. However, since you’re inefficient lets say 16 weeks. Lets say you spend 3 hours per day every week = 3 × 7 × 16 = 336 (lets round up to 350).

Total: 425 hours. Not even half as much time required to earn full legendary compared to being able to purchase just one piece of T3 ascended armor.

in WvW

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

All i see are insults from wvwers, and no, no matter what argument you say, rank 2000 is not reasonably comparable to any rewards in any other game mode. Comparing it to fractals or legendary armor or spvp legendary wings. Here is the comparison:

You could craft 3 full sets of legendary armor faster then you could go from rank 0 to rank 2000. Seems very disproportionate to me. And how lucky that all of your activities over these passed 4 years were tracked via wxp. No other game mode has a system which tracks for 4 years that goes to rank 10k.

Also I like how people are still calling me a pve’r after all the posts i’ve made lol. I’m not sure who you think I am, or why you think I play pve exclusively lol.

aka. “The Complainer”

in WvW

Sarrs.4831

No other game mode has a system which tracks for 4 years that goes to rank 10k.

achievement points

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in WvW

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

achievement points

that’s game wide, wvw has them too

aka. “The Complainer”

in WvW

Sarrs.4831

You didn’t ask for exclusive systems. All that matters is that PvE and sPvP have them, which they do.

…And AP in WvW? Really? You know as well as I do that’s a giggle.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in WvW

Posted by: kash.9213

kash.9213

WvW activity is too hit or miss any given day to have too high a requirement. Sure there’s some people who never stopped playing and they’re either young enough or finally old enough to sit there all day sleep zerging on a tag but most people felt the need to hit up other game modes to make the most out of limited game time, likely the people who actually fund the game since they don’t have enough time to grind everything.

I don’t care about this set of armor, it only looks somewhat decent as a full set, but a new player who might have hyped themselves up for the long haul is going to lose a lot of steam when they hit a match week where not a lot is happening, where they out match or are out-matched heavily or a match where you’re not killing enough different people. Ranked pips is going to make a cold match a waste of time for most players. I hope these queues last.

Kash
NSP

in WvW

Prysin.8542

achievement points

If you started from 0 Achievement points. Only did WvW, you’d spend 3 years to get to 10k achievement points. Assuming you did all the WvW dailies and got ALL the WvW achievements.

you can get 10k achivement points in PvE in just 5-6 months if you have all the Living story stuff unlocked.

So cut it out with your strawman arguments.

in WvW

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

achievement points

If you started from 0 Achievement points. Only did WvW, you’d spend 3 years to get to 10k achievement points. Assuming you did all the WvW dailies and got ALL the WvW achievements.

you can get 10k achivement points in PvE in just 5-6 months if you have all the Living story stuff unlocked.

So cut it out with your strawman arguments.

achievement points are not game mode specific, my argument was game mode specific

aka. “The Complainer”

in WvW

Posted by: shiri.4257

shiri.4257

End game WvW is insulting pve snow flakes. Get your 2k rank and embrace the light with us.

~Kasumei/Machiato
Desert Spectre [VII]-Crystal Desert
“You’re never out of the fight.”

in WvW

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

2000 is very reasonable compared to all other game modes. Well done Anet!

Compared to other game modes; no it certainly is not.

It most certainly is.

Your wall of text was all guess work and conjecture. As you said, crude math which is meaningless math.

Your premise that because legendary takes X long, therefore T3 wvw ascended should be Y long is pulled out of thin air. There is nothing that anet has ever said where these things should be equivalent.

As for insults from wvw people. Calling snowflake arguments a snowflake argument isn’t insulting, its an observation.

Again, well done Anet.

SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

forum bug lives!

SBI