Magoonba/Fort JANTHIR/Dragonbrand 25/01/2013

in WvW

Posted by: Seregdae.9085

Seregdae.9085

You were hit for 120983091283091 damage by Wall of Text using Eye Strain.
Wall of Text was hit for 19 damage from your Whine.

Seregdae – 80 Guardian – Kilrauth – 80 Thief
Hello Kitty Hit Squad[HKHS] Guild Leader – Maguuma
http://www.twitch.tv/griefkilla

in WvW

Posted by: Besetment.9187

Besetment.9187

Yes, I would agree with that. Honestly, we aren’t so different. I can’t for the life of me understand why players on both our servers are squabbling over nonsense.

in WvW

Posted by: Besetment.9187

Besetment.9187

The success of a guild is not indicative of the success of a server. Nor is the success of a server indicative of the quality of any single guild.

I would say the success of a server in WvW is mostly indicative of which server can field continual fully queued maps for 24 hours.

Yes, I would agree with that. Honestly, we aren’t so different. I can’t for the life of me understand why players on both our servers are squabbling over nonsense.

See, if you pushed through the pain barrier and actually read it, you would know this is an example of “bad behavior”.

<3 always

in WvW

Posted by: Nocturnal Lunacy.8563

Nocturnal Lunacy.8563

Big difference with War Machine is that Jang Gun gets annoyed when his team tries to charge like that without stability. But its gotta go down eventually.

A bunch of well of corruption would stop that zergball dead in its track.

I have to disagree, I’ve lost count of the times I’ve laid marks and wells and FA ran right over them and nothing happening. There are times I’d throw marks into the zerg and nothing. And then there are times when fighting FA I’m doing massive damage to an FA player yet their HP bar never moves. So I guess exploits will be used by those players with no skill in order to gain advantage. Hence why they have to zerg 30 man at a time, cuz if they were caught alone they’d be dead fast. If you need a massive zerg to fight 4 or 5 enemies then you truly lack in skill.

(And by “you” I am referring to those that use these tactics. Not you personally Ninein or you Besetment.)

Forever Against Stacked Servers
Virual [VRUS] Alien Lunatics [StFu] Nocturnal Sxaddx [Nuts] Ft. Aspenwood
That which is dead may eternally lie, but with great aeons even death may die.

(edited by Nocturnal Lunacy.8563)

in WvW

Seregdae.9085

Why are you not in-game Rebel? I need thief theorycrafting NEOW

in WvW

Posted by: Invalid.8765

Invalid.8765

Turtle turtle turtle… how maguma bores me. You guys wanna call anything that beats you a zerg. Just go spvp.

Maguuma has spent it’s entire WvW lifetime losing. We like losing and we know how to defend. If you can’t crack the egg that is Maguuma, maybe you should hit DBs borderlands.

seeing as we’ve taken hills and bay from you in the span of an hour or so, cracking the egg that is maguuma isn’t that tough.

I get the impression you’re just trolling, but it took about 10-12 hours for FA to just take west keep from Maguuma the night before. And it flipped at about 5AM est, when Maguuma’s coverage is the weakest. I counted no less than 4 commanders on FA’s end to rally the pubbies where they needed to be, while we had zero and still wiped double our numbers in the lord room 4 or 5 times. A lot of us were so bored of that treb game today that we went and took your east keep before you even had a chance to scout it out (1700/1700 supply).

WVW is a numbers/coverage game, and Maguuma does not belong in this tier for that reason. Most of us don’t want to be in this tier, but our last few matchups were blowouts against servers that were in freefall or simply stopped trying (with the exception of Yak’s Bend, who always put up a fight, but couldn’t stop our mindless zergs autoattacking down gates whenever they’d take a tower). Now that we’re up against opposition, our fairweathers are gone. The reset announcement hasn’t helped much either since we’re locked into our next matchup.

Plus, you guys have Thoblrin, which is basically like cheating in this game. He read Son of Tezoo’s War Art and studied medieval history to gain the upper-hand in wvw. The guy is ex-military, if you haven’t heard.

While I can sure tell most of yas dont wanna be in this tier by the last couple of hours. We Had one guy in EB telling anyone that tried to rally our players to get the hell away from spawn and try defending our towers to “move to another server”. So while a bunch of our players sat at spawn and got farmed myself and 3 other players tried to save Jerris while we lost every single tower one by one. We may have been somewhat out numbered but what was sent to take our towers we could have defended no prob.

I see very few of the players that are usually on at this time and we have lost most if not all of our map by now. I am very saddened to see what has been going on out there tonight. I will have to do some thinking but I might decide that Mags is no longer for me. If you all really want to chase players away including non bandwagoners a few more of tonights display should do it.

Sorta feel stupid for bragging up this server at the moment to be quite honest. Sorry to those who were on our BL and actually were trying to defend. To those who purposely gave away EB. Hope your really proud to throw a match.

I will give you 1 gold to transfer off. Thanks

Invalid Password [EVOH]

in WvW

Seregdae.9085

The success of a guild is not indicative of the success of a server. Nor is the success of a server indicative of the quality of any single guild.

I would say the success of a server in WvW is mostly indicative of which server can field continual fully queued maps for 24 hours.

See, if you pushed through the pain barrier and actually read it, you would know this is an example of “bad behavior”.

<3 always

Thats not bad behavior thats me expressing my feelings. You’ve now hurt my feelings. You poop..poop mouth! I hate you Rebel Daughter I hate you! runs off crying. 10 pts for anyone who can identify that movie.

in WvW

Posted by: Sol.4310

Sol.4310

Some small group roaming footage.

Just some fun, enjoyed it.

http://youtu.be/L4BcqUlD368

Saizo Sol – Ranger
Twitch – Aussie Streamer

in WvW

Seregdae.9085

Looks rigged to me….I don’t trust it.

in WvW

Posted by: Ninein.4782

Ninein.4782

Here’s the situation with Maguuma from a PUGger’s perspective. From Friday to Sunday, I’d say Maguuma was fighting at full strenght and did better then expected. There were even worries that we were doing too well.

Monday’s patch rolls around the first thing I see when I hopped into WvW were two “get off our server” commanders in the jumping puzzle trolling. There was only one other commander on the map trying to help out and organize. Even that commander got frustrated and logged off. These two commander proceeded to taunt and be unproductive in map chat. It was the first time I had to put Maguuma players on my blocked list since the start of the game.

In short, there is a subset of Maguuma players who decided not to contribute to WvW on Monday and are actively trying to disrupt communication. It now costs GEMS to transfer so I find this behavhior unethical. I hope this stops because it’s embarrasing.

Ninein
-Maguuma

in WvW

Seregdae.9085

You’re making it look worse than it is. Mag is all about ponies, rainbows and Hello Kitty. Every other argument is invalid.

in WvW

Posted by: KrazyFlyinChicken.5936

KrazyFlyinChicken.5936

Be a good sportsman and congratulate your peers instead of participating in this drivel.

Nice fights last night.

Amazing fights with AoN last night. You guys are a terrifying opponent and a shame that you decided to leave FA.

There is no doubt in my mind that if the numbers were closer that you’d have run that field rampant. We’re sorry for ruining the GvG with [BT], but we needed revenge for the wipe you dealt us earlier in front of the tower :P

Great fights all night. Looking forward to more.

Fort Aspenwood – Elementalist
Character name: Azilyi

in WvW

Posted by: Haldunius.7864

Haldunius.7864

Ehmry Bay, Dark Haven and ESPECIALLY Crystal Desert used to rag on Maguuma all the time because we didn’t play to win. We told them, “you guys are using numbers, which isn’t a bad thing. But you need to play smarter, not harder.” But then they would say “we’ll let the scoreboard to the talking” or “why would we take advice from the server in last place?”, something that I am hearing in this very thread. It’s not they never heard the saying winning isn’t everything.

FA reminds me so much of CD. Instead of trying to get all the transfers we could and winning as hard as we could, Maguuma focused on having fun and our community. Now look where those servers are at… not their tier, but their current situation.

There’s nothing wrong with playing to win, but it doesn’t come without its flaws. Fair weather players will not stick around to see you through defeats, and when the wheels of drama start turning, oh boy! Not saying the same thing will happen to FA, but the forum warriors who are here to trot around the score should read some old CD threads. Because it’s so alike.

It’s really unfortunate that you have no idea what you are talking about. That’s ok though. We on FA understand the frustration of have too little coverage in T3 so I don’t think anyone is going to hold it against you, but try to do a little research first if you are going to try and explain a server to itself.

Anyways, you guys read the “Kaining shouldn’t skip T3” thread? It looks like WM is trying to turn all its allied guilds into mini-WM’s and they are revolting. We could see server explosion before it even finds a challenge. Get your popcorn out.

FA Mesmo – [VK]
Last words – “I’m going to jump off this cliff
and pull all those guys down cuz they’ll die.”

in WvW

Ninein.4782

Big difference with War Machine is that Jang Gun gets annoyed when his team tries to charge like that without stability. But its gotta go down eventually.

A bunch of well of corruption would stop that zergball dead in its track.

I have to disagree, I’ve lost count of the times I’ve laid marks and wells and FA ran right over them and nothing happening. There are times I’d throw marks into the zerg and nothing. And then there are times when fighting FA I’m doing massive damage to an FA player yet their HP bar never moves. So I guess exploits will be used by those players with no skill in order to gain advantage. Hence why they have to zerg 30 man at a time, cuz if they were caught alone they’d be dead fast. If you need a massive zerg to fight 4 or 5 enemies then you truly lack in skill.

(And by “you” I am referring to those that use these tactics. Not you personally Ninein or you Besetment.)

I run a power build and I find the wells/marks to be effective. I also spec specifically for wells and marks and I enjoy stripping boons and applying pressure with them. I find FA players run around with a lot of boon so I use focus 5 skill alot as well to strip boon. When I ran a condition build, I agree that I didn’t see marks/wells make much of a difference.

Ninein
-Maguuma

(edited by Ninein.4782)

in WvW

Posted by: dreztina.4820

dreztina.4820

^
I don’t think the focus 5 actually strips boons. I used to think it did too because the char planner said it did, but the in game description doesn’t say it.

Out of Attunement – D/D Ele
Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Ketharius.9018

Ketharius.9018

FA, come to T2. Kaineng isn’t ready.

Tarnished Coast
[FUNK] Squad

in WvW

Ninein.4782

^
I don’t think the focus 5 actually strips boons. I used to think it did too because the char planner said it did, but the in game description doesn’t say it.

Game description isn’t updated properly. If you go to your character screen and look up weapon skills, you’ll see the description says that it strips 3 boons. In the past, I’ve used focus 5 against thieves. I would root them with Dagger 3 which usually freaks them out and they’ll start stealthing. Then I hit them with focus 5 and it stripped their stealth. I haven’t been able to strip stealth after the patch though but I am still able to strip the regular boons.

Ninein
-Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: TokenTrevor.2563

TokenTrevor.2563

It’s really unfortunate that you have no idea what you are talking about. That’s ok though. We on FA understand the frustration of have too little coverage in T3 so I don’t think anyone is going to hold it against you, but try to do a little research first if you are going to try and explain a server to itself.

Who am I trying to explain anything to? I’m simply pointing out some choice quotes, comparing it to other servers, and commenting on it. Perhaps you should try reading a little so you can understand.

in WvW

Posted by: Arcadio.6875

Arcadio.6875

FA, come to T2. Kaineng isn’t ready.

We don’t really have a choice, lol.

11 weeks straight in T3 and now we get to spend the last week of the old rating system (or first week of the new rating system depending on how you look at it) in T2.

BG/TC/FA rematch here we go.

Lord Arcadio
League Of Ascending Immortals [OATH]

in WvW

Posted by: Haldunius.7864

Haldunius.7864

FA reminds me so much of CD. Instead of trying to get all the transfers we could and winning as hard as we could, Maguuma focused on having fun and our community. Now look where those servers are at… not their tier, but their current situation.

There’s nothing wrong with playing to win, but it doesn’t come without its flaws. Fair weather players will not stick around to see you through defeats, and when the wheels of drama start turning, oh boy! Not saying the same thing will happen to FA, but the forum warriors who are here to trot around the score should read some old CD threads. Because it’s so alike.

I think it was the part where you said FA reminds you of CD. You are stating unlike FA and CD, Maguuma plays to have fun and build its community. And then you finish with a passive threat that FA is close to suffering the same fate as CD. I said, if you are going to try and explain our goals to us, you might first try to get an understanding of who we are. I just got done reading a long hug fest thread on our community forum and wiping many tears – thanks Dia. I can guarantee our community is tight. Based on what I’ve seen from Maguuma on this thread, I don’t think its FA that needs to be concerned about its players and community. FA’s WvW players share a common goal.

Anyway, as I said before, this probably stems from the frustration created by playing against our coverage. I don’t think anyone on FA is sitting here tooting there horn about this victory. We now know we have the best coverage in this tier. We know coverage = victory in WvW. We’ve also suffered for months on the other side of the coverage equation.

FA Mesmo – [VK]
Last words – “I’m going to jump off this cliff
and pull all those guys down cuz they’ll die.”

in WvW

TokenTrevor.2563

I think it was the part where you said FA reminds you of CD. You are stating unlike FA and CD, Maguuma plays to have fun and build its community. And then you finish with a passive threat that FA is close to suffering the same fate as CD. I said, if you are going to try and explain our goals to us, you might first try to get an understanding of who we are. I just got done reading a long hug fest thread on our community forum and wiping many tears – thanks Dia. I can guarantee our community is tight. Based on what I’ve seen from Maguuma on this thread, I don’t think its FA that needs to be concerned about its players and community. FA’s WvW players share a common goal.

Anyway, as I said before, this probably stems from the frustration created by playing against our coverage. I don’t think anyone on FA is sitting here tooting there horn about this victory. We now know we have the best coverage in this tier. We know coverage = victory in WvW. We’ve also suffered for months on the other side of the coverage equation.

No, we’ve played against this kind of coverage numerous times. I was just pointing out a few things from the forum warriors doing their typical chest thumping and saying all they care about is winning. There are plenty of people “tooting their horns”. Even in your own recruitment threads, FA states their goal is to win and head to the top. Are you missing these posts?

in WvW

Posted by: saiyr.3071

saiyr.3071

Server-wide generalizations ITT

[DERP] Saiyr, “bff” of Sgt Killjoy

in WvW

TokenTrevor.2563

Except the part where I said it’s forum warriors saying it, but okay.

in WvW

Posted by: Karykarywook.2481

Karykarywook.2481

This x1000. From a FA player point of view, the assumptions made of FA and their players is pretty hilarious and ridiculous at the same time.

I’m sure this goes for assumptions made of other servers too.

KaryKarwook of Team Sarcasm – Fort Aspenwood
Representing RET in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: JaironKalach.4938

JaironKalach.4938

This x1000. From a FA player point of view, the assumptions made of FA and their players is pretty hilarious and ridiculous at the same time.

No… Assumptions are quite true for Maguuma. See, we are all geneticly engineered to be half-Bunzy, half-Rebel Daughter.

I play on Maguuma
Uru Kalach (80-War)/Kalthin Leafletter (80-Rgr)/Kalfun Gai (72-Guardian)
Leader – An Unexpected Kinship (AUK)

in WvW

Posted by: crystalpink.2487

crystalpink.2487

lol yupper.
I like your every witty comment here xD

Server-wide generalization is the meta name for one of the fallacies: Hasty generalization.

lol

Euphemia Hime (Elementalist), Pinky Pearl (Mesmer), Avicenia (Ranger), Vanille Morgana (Necromancer)
Chibi Asura San (Engineer), Hikaru Masai (Guardian), Selene Minerva (Revenant)
Guild: The Bunnies [Bun] ~ Server: Jade Quarry

in WvW

TokenTrevor.2563

People playing video games are making generalizations based on what people say and they have seen. This is preposterous! Get me the mayor!

in WvW

saiyr.3071

In parts of your posts, yeah. But I’m not just talking about one particular person, either. We’re all guilty of it at some point but I feel like it’s getting especially out of hand in this thread.

in WvW

Posted by: crystalpink.2487

crystalpink.2487

No… Assumptions are quite true for Maguuma. See, we are all geneticly engineered to be half-Bunzy, half-Rebel Daughter.

So, many Maguumans are practically the children of Bunzy and Rebel Daughter, then~
lolz

Euphemia Hime (Elementalist), Pinky Pearl (Mesmer), Avicenia (Ranger), Vanille Morgana (Necromancer)
Chibi Asura San (Engineer), Hikaru Masai (Guardian), Selene Minerva (Revenant)
Guild: The Bunnies [Bun] ~ Server: Jade Quarry

in WvW

TokenTrevor.2563

In parts of your posts, yeah. But I’m not just talking about one particular person, either. We’re all guilty of it at some point but I feel like it’s getting especially out of hand in this thread.

You gonna do something about it?

in WvW

Ninein.4782

Naming names on forum is bad etiquette. Generalization keeps threads burning bright with passion.

Ninein
-Maguuma

in WvW

saiyr.3071

Make posts that make people laugh and not take this thread overly seriously because the things I’ve seen on here and heard elsewhere have made me super super sad??

in WvW

TokenTrevor.2563

Make posts that make people laugh and not take this thread overly seriously because the things I’ve seen on here and heard elsewhere have made me super super sad??

You haven’t made me laugh. And you call yourself a “bff”?

in WvW

saiyr.3071

I didn’t say I’d make everyone laugh. Nor did I say I was your “bff”!

in WvW

TokenTrevor.2563

Now I’m super sad…

in WvW

Posted by: JaironKalach.4938

JaironKalach.4938

Can’t we all just get along?

I play on Maguuma
Uru Kalach (80-War)/Kalthin Leafletter (80-Rgr)/Kalfun Gai (72-Guardian)
Leader – An Unexpected Kinship (AUK)

in WvW

TokenTrevor.2563

Not until I get a WvW bff too! Preferably a warrior.

in WvW

saiyr.3071

Sorry, only moderators can assign the title of “bff”.

in WvW

Posted by: Unfortunately.5940

Unfortunately.5940

This thread disappoints. Wednesday already and only at 557 posts.

Differently/Sixtysix Sixes – Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

saiyr.3071

Add the 495 from the first thread and I’d say we’re doing pretty well.

in WvW

Posted by: Beyondthelol.9504

Beyondthelol.9504

So i guess Maguuma can throw the ‘’oh no we dont have a zerg, YOU have a zerg o;’’ QQ bs out of out of window now

Aramir Hellforge
Terror [TG]
Dragonbrand

in WvW

Posted by: ParaldaWind.4523

ParaldaWind.4523

Zerg = 15+ players, period.

Zerg mentality = no strategy, no organization.

If you zerg, that does not mean you have a zerg mentality. Everyone zergs. It’s just Maguuman vocabulary.

No tears, only dreams
[PYRO]
Maguuma – youtube.com/pyrogw2

in WvW

Posted by: thealienamongus.1968

thealienamongus.1968

It’s gone down hill for maguuma because we get night capped so badly – we earnt our position in this tier without nightcapping, but now we’re stuck with a bunch of people who climbed the ranks by doing just that.

First up Night Capping and YOU tl;dr 24/7 WORLD WIDE GAME get over it.

Second FA (can’t speak for DB) only just got oceanic’s from IoJ (like me) they did not climb the ranks with them.

in WvW

Posted by: SlimGenre.6417

SlimGenre.6417

Dunno. Old Maguuma had their chance against FA back in the day, neither had night time coverage.. It’s a bit of a stretch to say Maguuma got in the tier they are now without transfers. It’s not really a stretch to say that for FA – we’ve been here. For a loooong time. I think FA earned the right to stay in T3 and we have shown that to CD, YB, TC, DB and IoJ.
With no “big asian timezone” guilds. We beat SoS when they were rising up too, although it was incredibly close, so I guess it is possible to be competitive; just don’t expect to dominate the tier easily..

Totally, I’m not saying you don’t have the right to be in T3 – you do, and if it wasn’t for Kaineng I’d say you were a T2 server – but Maguuma isn’t really able to compete in T3 because we don’t coverage over night. FA doesn’t dominate over night either, but you’re able to hold your own far better than we can – I mean hell, right now we have 10 points according to the millennium website (I’m at work so I can’t check first hand).

With DB it’s the opposite problem – they seem to get destroyed during the day and nightcapping is where they get the majority of their points.

Sad fact about the top tiers is that servers without big asian/oceanic guilds can’t survive. FA will probably experience a similar thing if they stay in T2 long enough to face Kaineng – at least you can give DB a run for their money during off hours in T3 to keep your head above water and give yourselves a chance to get a decent lead during the day.

Sad but true. And with free server transfers at an end, we may be stuck with that. I’m fine with that, I don’t mind if we’re a middle tier 3 or even a top tier 4 team having little to no night presence, as long as the competition stays strong. I’m guessing with free transfers over, there should be more stability eventually in the rankings, meaning we may get good fights week in and week out. It’s just so boring to do what we did the last couple weeks or what Kaening or Sanctum are doing this week because decent servers lost all their people. A tier 7 or 8 server getting blown out? Sure… but a tier 4 server? That shouldn’t happen anymore with transfers over… at least I hope not.

Every night this week I go to bed at midnight and we’ve either caught up or taken a slight lead over DB… wake up the next morning and we’re 4-5000 points behind… that’s a lot of ground to lose in a short period of time. The scores would have been quite different this week if only… but the world doesn’t work that way

Not complaining, kudos to DB for making sure they had that presence, and of course kudos to FA, you’ve pretty much outplayed both of us all week and I’ll be rooting for you next week in tier 2 (even though I still feel like you and DB went out of your way to gang up on us for the first few days, but nothing wrong with giving the new guy a warm welcome to the upper tiers

(edited by SlimGenre.6417)

in WvW

Seregdae.9085

Either way after the IoJ collapse into FA they will eventually end up in T1 in which will be interesting as to what T3 will consist of

in WvW

Seregdae.9085

Correction meant to say T2. Touch screen phone forum posting ftl.

in WvW

Posted by: IRSyKo.5843

IRSyKo.5843

Either way after the IoJ collapse into FA they will eventually end up in T1 in which will be interesting as to what T3 will consist of

I really don’t think we will end up in T1, for several reasons.

Through discipline, we prevail.
[BT]
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: KrazyFlyinChicken.5936

KrazyFlyinChicken.5936

Zip. Zoom. STRAIGHT to the moon.

Fort Aspenwood – Elementalist
Character name: Azilyi

in WvW

Posted by: nalenb.1425

nalenb.1425

So, since FA and Mag are much more awesome than us on DB (judging by the number of posts), what fun activities do you have planned for all of us tomorrow night before reset?

~ Abbish – Dragonbrand

in WvW

Posted by: IRSyKo.5843

IRSyKo.5843

Either way, NA primetime is approaching us, let us hope for some good fights tonight, last few days haven’t been as good as the weekend was.

Through discipline, we prevail.
[BT]
Fort Aspenwood