Maguuma - Isle of Janthir - Yak's Bend 1/18

in WvW

Posted by: Ninein.4782

Ninein.4782

Welcome! There are trolls on this server. First rule of thumb.

Ninein
-Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: GuardianOMS.8067

GuardianOMS.8067

I actually was not bored for first time in 3 weeks since all these bad transfers came over. Some bad commander was complaining about people being in JP. We decided to bring him some treats from the JP. We followed commander to be sure he had plenty of flamerams to take objectives. Sadly we took no objectives and he just tried to run us into enemy zergs getting himself killed while failing to get any of us killed. Guild CAMP would like to thank you transfers for your entertainment, but still get off our server before fees kthx.

“this is madness, we’re losing towers and you’re building rams”

Thank you for not blurring your chat box.

I cant see who said that since I cant enlarge the pictures right now but I find it hard to believe anyone on Maguuma cares about winning harder right now. Even if you’re a transfer, look at the score, then please give me a legitimate, thought out reason for why we should care if we lose any structure.

Then kindly go back to where you came from, or somewhere else.

Sgt Killjoy – “Pedantic” “babe” and “bff” of Saiyr
The devs don’t care about WvW so I’m gonna kill players in PvE!

in WvW

Posted by: Roughneck.2509

Roughneck.2509

Because that’s the last POI I needed to make my epic, and I wasn’t good enough to get in there with their zerg outside also there is no way we get in with all our flame rams and supply tied up on those four rams and who uses number two on a flame ram anyways.

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

so, why did the guilds left IOJ? dont tell me they left cus they lost? thats kinda like losers

The server was already in a downward spiral prior to the announcement of paid transfers. The guilds that were still around had been loyal to the server through its ups and downs, but as soon as the first few big guilds left, it forced the rest of the guilds to consider moving. Those guilds went to FA because they liked us as opponents and we have a similar culture. They came as a group because they still wanted to play with one another.

I’m sure some still in IoJ may have a negative opinion about all those who left, but those guilds who had been in IoJ for so long and left in the past few days are definitely not bandwagoners. Especially those who went to FA since we haven’t won a match for the past 9 weeks and we aren’t ahead in the current match (there’s still time for us to win of course).

so why did the big guilds left?

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

in WvW

Posted by: Arcadio.6875

Arcadio.6875

so why did the big guilds left?

You may have to ask those guilds. I think they went to SoS and SoR. If I had to guess based on what I’ve read, they were nervous about how IoJ’s recruitment efforts (both getting new guilds to come and getting PvE people to WvW) haven’t paid off and paid transfers were coming. Whatever one may think of them, they also stuck through IoJ and all the losses they endured. Bandwagoners left IoJ way before the exodus as there was no reason for a bandwagoner to stay on IoJ for so long. After dropping back to T2 after their brief visit to T1, they’ve only one once (the week they dropped to T3) and lost right after.

Lord Arcadio
League Of Ascending Immortals [OATH]

in WvW

Posted by: StormWolf.7645

StormWolf.7645

Because that’s the last POI I needed to make my epic, and I wasn’t good enough to get in there with their zerg outside also there is no way we get in with all our flame rams and supply tied up on those four rams and who uses number two on a flame ram anyways.

…This is obviously not a true Maguuman. Everyone knows Maguumans are all worshipers of Lord Flame Ram the Mighty. No True Maguuman would ever question the construction of one!

in WvW

Posted by: kerona.3465

kerona.3465

Girls, girls. Let’s relax.

As for the Flame Rams in EB yesterday…
I’m feeling a painful self-contradiction.

Maguuma [PYRO]
Oblyth, Mes ~ Nadeshiko Naito, War ~ Hwertu, Gua
Evenree, Necro (M) ~ Ran Still Died, Thief

in WvW

Posted by: Pretty Pixie.8603

Pretty Pixie.8603

Which matches? The ones where you rolled us because your population was much higher? Maybe the one where we won because your server didn’t understand how to cope against Dragonbrand?

wk 45: TC/CD/YB
wk 46, 47, 48: TC/FA/YB
wk 49, 50, 52: YB/EB/MAG

There you go.

Relentless Inquisition [PAIN] – FA

in WvW

Posted by: Tool.3749

Tool.3749

To people looking for an explanation to Yak’s poor opener: There was overconfidence, followed by a lot of new militia who are still finding their feet. The large Militia numbers were because of a recent PvE engagement drive, and possibly individual transfers of people looking for community first.

So the reason YB is losing is because YB beat themselves? I think the real reason Yaks had a poor opener is because Yaks’ lack of skill in the face of even numbers has been completely and utterly exposed.

If that explanation appeals more to your ego, go with that. Its quite revisionist considering Yak’s earlier matches against Maguuma and other higher tiered servers, but your demonstrated attitude leads me to believe that that won’t deter you.

Which matches? The ones where you rolled us because your population was much higher? Maybe the one where we won because your server didn’t understand how to cope against Dragonbrand?

Do you think there is any difference between us rolling you with larger numbers and now you doing the same in this match? We coped fine with DB when we were on to play. I dont remember them owning the map, but seeing as the vast population of that server is oceanic they can say the same, that they had a hard time dealing with us during our prime time. My guess is that seeing as Yaks has been trying to recruit for months now and it just has not happened that the majority of us will move before Feb. 28th, its allready happening in fact, and that move will most likely be to TC as we tend to like the players on that server. The last time Yaks saw a fun matchup was the first week we were in tier 3. Transfers have ruined every week since then and that was months ago now. All in all we have had maybe 2-3 weeks of fun matches in 5 months where we didnt dominate or get dominated.

in WvW

Posted by: Pinko.2076

Pinko.2076

Do you think there is any difference between us rolling you with larger numbers and now you doing the same in this match?

Yes. We didn’t lose our borderland in 10 minutes against your queue, but you did against ours. If equal numbers is the game we want to play in this little fight, then you’ve never trounced us even numbers, but we are doing it to you on reset at equal queue BL’s.

There will be some fight clubs this week for sure if you want to do the PvP thing rather than using the equal numbers measurement.

in WvW

Posted by: xxxzavulonxxx.8413

xxxzavulonxxx.8413

I spotted 1 IOJ person last night.

Literally only one I have seen so far.

[SU]

in WvW

Pinko.2076

Please change sig to Empress of Maguuma Forum PvP

in WvW

GuardianOMS.8067

Done.

in WvW

Posted by: Boreal.9826

Boreal.9826

Hey guys on Mag who love to spam /sit after I down a couple of you during my 1 vs your 5. I take it as a compliment that you feel the urge to do that.

in WvW

Posted by: saiyr.3071

saiyr.3071

Hey guys on Mag who love to spam /sit after I down a couple of you during my 1 vs your 5. I take it as a compliment that you feel the urge to do that.

They’re just tired after fighting!

[DERP] Saiyr, “bff” of Sgt Killjoy

in WvW

Posted by: CrassBippy.4619

CrassBippy.4619

To people looking for an explanation to Yak’s poor opener: There was overconfidence, followed by a lot of new militia who are still finding their feet. The large Militia numbers were because of a recent PvE engagement drive, and possibly individual transfers of people looking for community first.

So the reason YB is losing is because YB beat themselves? I think the real reason Yaks had a poor opener is because Yaks’ lack of skill in the face of even numbers has been completely and utterly exposed.

If that explanation appeals more to your ego, go with that. Its quite revisionist considering Yak’s earlier matches against Maguuma and other higher tiered servers, but your demonstrated attitude leads me to believe that that won’t deter you.

As someone who has been on YB for quite some time, I dont remember ANY of our commanders lately, there is no set WVW guilds that I ever see in decent numbers besides (hell) and (CL). We dont even put up trebs on our garrison mountain tops to treb dreaming bay or hills anymore. My only explanation is that we lost alot of our wvwvw focused people. Sadly I feel like we are a mindless zerg server, minus the large zerg numbers of some other servers.

YB feels very different then it did a couple weeks ago. Oh well

Bi Furious [Fist] YB

in WvW

saiyr.3071

As someone who has been on YB for quite some time, I dont remember ANY of our commanders lately, there is no set WVW guilds that I ever see in decent numbers besides (hell) and (CL). We dont even put up trebs on our garrison mountain tops to treb dreaming bay or hills anymore. My only explanation is that we lost alot of our wvwvw focused people. Sadly I feel like we are a mindless zerg server, minus the large zerg numbers of some other servers.

I think almost every server is different from a couple of weeks ago, unfortunately. If it makes you feel better there are a lot of new commanders on Maguuma, too…one of which told one of our day one players that she needed to play more because she asked for cardinal directions instead of location names, which is quite standard on our server.

in WvW

Posted by: Tool.3749

Tool.3749

Do you think there is any difference between us rolling you with larger numbers and now you doing the same in this match?

Yes. We didn’t lose our borderland in 10 minutes against your queue, but you did against ours. If equal numbers is the game we want to play in this little fight, then you’ve never trounced us even numbers, but we are doing it to you on reset at equal queue BL’s.

There will be some fight clubs this week for sure if you want to do the PvP thing rather than using the equal numbers measurement.

Well here is one difference for ya. I play every prime time for Yak’s and maybe im wrong here and someone else from yaks can say there was. But I never recall a single time in any match up against Mag. has there ever been a que to get in on your map. In each matchup the other server was more of a threat and saw the bulk of our attention. From day 1 we have only been able to focus 2 maps with a scattering of players on a 3rd. So the fact is that you have lost your entire map to us on serveral occasions when we didnt even give it a real focus. I remember the last time you guys were up in this barcket that we speceficaly ignored Mag. for 1/2 the week because Ebay portal hacked into one of our keeps and we wanted to send them back down a tier and didnt let them have more then 20pts at any time for the rest of the match. Thats how much we cared about what what Mag. was doing in that match up. That for 1/2 the week we ignored that you were even playing.

in WvW

saiyr.3071

Your use of periods to abbreviate Maguuma made it very hard to read your post.

in WvW

GuardianOMS.8067

LOVE the new signature <3

in WvW

Posted by: Boreal.9826

Boreal.9826

We’re in a rough patch the next couple of weeks to be sure, due to being hopelessly outnumbered. Partly due to Mag’s transfers, but also due to our own more fairweather and PvE players not joining WvW. I believe things will improve after next week (assuming Kaineng moves on).

After talking with people who transferred back from t1 or t2 servers, it sounds like those are nothing but massive zergs at all hours and long queues. No thanks.

I’m very happy to be on YB.

in WvW

Posted by: StormWolf.7645

StormWolf.7645

We’re in a rough patch the next couple of weeks to be sure, due to being hopelessly outnumbered. Partly due to Mag’s transfers, but also due to our own more fairweather and PvE players not joining WvW. I believe things will improve after next week (assuming Kaineng moves on).

After talking with people who transferred back from t1 or t2 servers, it sounds like those are nothing but massive zergs at all hours and long queues. No thanks.

I’m very happy to be on YB.

I know it won’t mean much…but I am sorry in advance. I know YB will be outmanned pretty much everywhere when Kaineng comes here and it doesn’t really matter who the 3rd is…it will result in YB hurting no matter what. Despite this, I will hope the 3rd Server is a “Superserver” or whatever…and that it will makes the fights a little more even with us fighting each other and YB sniping the survivors to come out on top.

in WvW

Pinko.2076

Well here is one difference for ya. I play every prime time for Yak’s and maybe im wrong here and someone else from yaks can say there was. But I never recall a single time in any match up against Mag. has there ever been a que to get in on your map. In each matchup the other server was more of a threat and saw the bulk of our attention. From day 1 we have only been able to focus 2 maps with a scattering of players on a 3rd. So the fact is that you have lost your entire map to us on serveral occasions when we didnt even give it a real focus. I remember the last time you guys were up in this barcket that we speceficaly ignored Mag. for 1/2 the week because Ebay portal hacked into one of our keeps and we wanted to send them back down a tier and didnt let them have more then 20pts at any time for the rest of the match. Thats how much we cared about what what Mag. was doing in that match up. That for 1/2 the week we ignored that you were even playing.

So, basically, you could have stomped us our past half dozen matches on reset, but just chose not to.

in WvW

Posted by: John Widdin.9618

John Widdin.9618

I would like to take a moment to extend my thanks to Yak Bend. For giving me 70ish badges in 5 hours. You guys have given me enough to get my Gift of Battle.

Thank you.

Ps. Why are you flipping supply camps when you can easily take west keep with NW Tower? You have the numbers, you’ve pushed us out of your Garrison twice.

Pss. *badge slurping noises.

Attachments:

Zachary ~ Mesmer/ John Widdin ~ Warrior/ Zazmataz ~ Engineer
Maguuma – [TriM][DERP]

in WvW

Posted by: Nilgoow.1037

Nilgoow.1037

Mad props to the guildless IoJ ranger running around with the phantasm GS and IDS. Are you running something like this?

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fMEQNAR8PjEVJ2BWsWCg2DNtETmCDT8LwfY0CW1A

in WvW

Posted by: wads.5730

wads.5730

new plan to get destroyed at reset, dominate this matchup even harder, and jump up 5 ranks to T2 on friday and face SoR/blackgate and TC

in WvW

Posted by: zastari.1730

zastari.1730

Right now yaks outnumbers us on our home BL and they can’t do more than take SW tower.

Tsarazi – 80 Asuran Mesmer [DERP]
Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Which timezone do you play in? I’m oceanic and tend to be on at the tail end of the NA evening and there are commanders and guilds who have been on YB for ages, since the beginning. Honnor and Scorn, Baazutai and Badger Spirits, Subtle and OF, Dethroat and War for example. As for trebbing DB from garrison we were doing exactly that 12 or so hours ago as I type. The issue is that we’ve lost garrison a number of times due to Maguumas superior numbers.

As for the debate about Maguumas numbers its pretty clear you’ve gone from a 2 map server like YB to a 4 map server in terms of pop. Funny how when it happens servers always want to deny it, its happened to YB in matches with SOR and FA where in the middle of matches they received the transfers that took them to tier 2 and tier 3 respectively yet they tried to deny it.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

(edited by morrolan.9608)

in WvW

Posted by: RockonHarder.7235

RockonHarder.7235

So how many guilds has maguuma actually gotten?? or is alot of the fight just gone with the other server right now??

Deathmonger esq lvl 80 necro
DB forever!!

in WvW

wads.5730

Which timezone do you play in? I’m oceanic and tend to be on at the tail end of the NA evening and there are commanders and guilds who have been on YB for ages, since the beginning. Honnor and Scorn, Baazutai and Badger Spirits, Subtle and OF, Dethroat and War for example. As for trebbing DB from garrison we were doing exactly that 12 or so hours ago as I type. The issue is that we’ve lost garrison a number of times due to Maguumas superior numbers.

As for the debate about Maguumas numbers its pretty clear you’ve gone from a 2 map server like YB to a 4 map server in terms of pop. Funny how when it happens servers always want to deny it, its happened to YB in matches with SOR and FA where in the middle of matches they received the transfers that took them to tier 2 and tier 3 respectively yet they tried to deny it.

is there anyone actually denying it? i would think the popular sentiment of wanting LESS numbers is admitting it.

in WvW

Posted by: Vi Au.8341

Vi Au.8341

Uhm i dont think we are denying that we got massive transfer. and there are many of us that arent too happy with some of them. Also we do not cover 4 maps, we just hop from 1 map to another.

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

is there anyone actually denying it? i would think the popular sentiment of wanting LESS numbers is admitting it.

Zastari seems to be. Look we took you guys too lightly on reset and were disorganised on our own BL thats why we did badly there despite having probably equal numbers there, although how the queues actually work is still a bit of a mystery.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

wads.5730

Zastari seems to be. Look we took you guys too lightly on reset and were disorganised on our own BL thats why we did badly there despite having probably equal numbers there, although how the queues actually work is still a bit of a mystery.

the claim of being outnumbered in a specific engagement is not the same as saying anyone is being outnumbered overall in the matchup.

we had 4 map queues on reset night, not consistent 4 map coverage all times.

in WvW

Pinko.2076

Mad props to the guildless IoJ ranger running around with the phantasm GS and IDS. Are you running something like this?

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fMEQNAR8PjEVJ2BWsWCg2DNtETmCDT8LwfY0CW1A

I just got done dueling that same Ranger, good duels Ioj ranger. 2-1 in his favor before I had to leave. Ended up just killing your pets and using Moa as a cooldown gap filler. Feels scummy.

in WvW

Nilgoow.1037

I just got done dueling that same Ranger, good duels Ioj ranger. 2-1 in his favor before I had to leave. Ended up just killing your pets and using Moa as a cooldown gap filler. Feels scummy.

It’s a good thing we aren’t allowed to know his name, otherwise it might diminish our sense of server pride and lead us to harass him on the forums.

~fartz~

in WvW

Posted by: Ordibble.3092

Ordibble.3092

And so the myth grows. Farewell the Maguuma I knew, subsumed in a sea of styleless braggarts. It has come to the point that I miss the voice of Bunzy.

This coming week I have taken it upon myself to destroy as many flame rams as possible to work out my woe and erase the painfully sweet memory of Maguuma that was.

in WvW

saiyr.3071

It has come to the point that I miss the voice of Bunzy.

I think we can arrange something for you

in WvW

Posted by: Kyrime.6958

Kyrime.6958

And so the myth grows. Farewell the Maguuma I knew, subsumed in a sea of styleless braggarts. It has come to the point that I miss the voice of Bunzy.

We’re still here, shrouded in an all-consuming mist of random transfers. Defeat them, beat them into the ground, and free us from our fate!

Kyrime [Ark] – Human Thief
Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: JaNordy.6149

JaNordy.6149

Its a shame actual events that happen in WvW are not related to WvW according to mods. Too bad most of you got to miss my awesome post and picture montage. Basiclly transfers are welcomed to mag in their own special way, we went out of our way to welcome a new transfer commander. Here enjoy this teaser, names saved this time.

Moderator Note:

We have decided to delete your post since it is not adding anything meaningful to the discussion and you are publicly shaming some players because of the way they play. Please, refrain from this kind of attitude in the future. Thanks.

Attachments:

in WvW

Nilgoow.1037

plz try 2 have honour on the battlefield and postingfield.

in WvW

Posted by: Razgriz.2590

Razgriz.2590

Wait no bunzy yet? these are more fun to read with him here. Time for a summoning.

Bunzy, bunzy, Skill, Bunzy, OG
Did I do that right?

Borlis Pass
Norgy lvl 80 Guardian
Guild: Hunting Hunters[HH]

in WvW

Ordibble.3092

Dear Mr/Mme ViperWire

I have just noticed that you are from EVOH and wondered if you can answer a small question that has had me mildly perplexed. Can you tell me what fascination EVOHtees have for hanging around under the domey protruberance at NW tower? Was it my manly aroma that kept drawing them back or were they simply using that spot as a toilet between battles? I’m veering more towards the latter as a mesmer did void me over the side, as did a guardian when he popped out a little bubble. If that is the case, I do apologise for scaring anyone over the edge mid-ablutions.

Yours muskily

Bulbous

in WvW

Posted by: ViperWire.4261

ViperWire.4261

:) NW Tower was pretty fun, would love to do that again

I wurs the gerdiun

Attachments:

Invalid Password [EVOH] – Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Raincrow.1840

Raincrow.1840

Does no one post scores in this tier?

Crystal Desert; The Viking Server
When are people going to figure out there’s a war going on?

in WvW

saiyr.3071

The score doesn’t matter. It’s a blowout.

Edit: For Maguuma, in case it wasn’t clear from the thread

in WvW

Posted by: jaegerx.1693

jaegerx.1693

Maguuma plays hard for the +20% artisan bonus. We are pro crafters

in WvW

Ordibble.3092

lol 3 golems inner, we wipe like hah no problem

yaks suck

If you enjoy wiping them, wait till you find out how much fun it is to grease them up!

in WvW

Posted by: Parsee Komeiji.2049

Parsee Komeiji.2049

Maguuma plays hard for the +20% artisan bonus. We are pro crafters

I have all eight crafts mastered on all eight professions!

in WvW

GuardianOMS.8067

Yak’s have numbers, but no clue how to use it. It’s the same as ever, except it’s equal numbers now. IoJ is a unicorn, they simply just don’t exist. It feels like no one is trying, I honestly don’t blame you. But when Maguuma fought outnumbered, we bared our teeth, and played it smart. These guys… meh

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Entioch.6594

Entioch.6594

Yak’s have numbers, but no clue how to use it. It’s the same as ever, except it’s equal numbers now. IoJ is a unicorn, they simply just don’t exist. It feels like no one is trying, I honestly don’t blame you. But when Maguuma fought outnumbered, we bared our teeth, and played it smart. These guys… meh

outnumbered, heh.

all 12 of them.

Hidden Sin[ONI]
ERP guild looking for members.