Maguuma - Isle of Janthir - Yak's Bend 1/18

in WvW

Posted by: saiyr.3071

saiyr.3071

btw I did not recognize a single guild from Maguuma tonight, although I did see one guardian with a [GOON] tag, but other than that I have never seen any of the guilds you now have lol. Which server/s did they come from? They are formidable

What tags?

[DERP] Saiyr, “bff” of Sgt Killjoy

in WvW

Posted by: Wizardauz.3761

Wizardauz.3761

gg mag is kittenty zerg server now, 1hr queues in all maps

game is ruined

I called it.

Ehmry Bay – Good Fights Guild Leader
Lvl 80 Sylvari Guardian – Tzenjin [GF]
Lvl 80 Human Elementalist – Tzenkai [GF]

in WvW

Posted by: Jinks.2057

Jinks.2057

Mag 2.0

ROFLMAO @ all the players who xferred to get away from the zergs.

in WvW

Posted by: Ninein.4782

Ninein.4782

Mag bandwagoning started a week prior. The anti-recruitment thread was because of the bandwagoning. It’s going to be a couple of weeks of growing pain while people get settled in.

Ninein
-Maguuma

(edited by Ninein.4782)

in WvW

Posted by: Roughneck.2509

Roughneck.2509

We’ve got nine days to figure it out.

in WvW

saiyr.3071

Oh, I’m sure we’ll be crushed in T3 if we make it there next week and everyone will panic and leave at the last minute.

in WvW

Posted by: Kerithlan.1659

Kerithlan.1659

Edit:
Regarding the current rankings on millennium.org, remember that those were the first updates for this match-up. That means that those scores were uploaded during the first 3 hours after reset — smaller numbers tend to cause more radical swings in the rankings, but stabilize over the course of the week.

For example, I took this SS after submitting a score ~30 mins after reset. The rankings at the end of the week normalized as numbers became larger. You won’t be able to fully grasp how things are going to play out until Monday.

I actually wrote a little (private, for now) app that lets you put in scores and get instant ratings out, and I was using the latest screenshotted scores to get the numbers I posted above. Also, millenium’s calculations are actually wrong somewhere. I was initially getting numbers off a couple points from millenium’s, and so I went and found some (verified accurate) Glicko2 calculators, and my numbers were correct, while millenium’s were the ones that were wrong. It’s a very small error (no more than 1.5 rating points) but with the close scores possible this week, something to keep in mind.

Just curious, where did you get your initial numbers from, and where did you verify them?

Also, nothing you said invalidates the statement that while the week is fresh and the numbers small, things are more extreme than they will be on Friday morning. Irregardless of whether or not you’re more accurate, there’s still something that your calculations cannot do, and it’s the same thing millennium can’t do: accurately predict the next week’s match-up on a Friday night/Saturday morning.

I don’t want to derail the match-up topic, so please PM me instead.

Fosthe — Sylvari Elementalist
Men of Science [MoS] – Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Xthnru.2079

Xthnru.2079

We’ve got nine days to drive them out.

Fixed that for you.

in WvW

Posted by: wads.5730

wads.5730

We’ve got nine days to drive them out.

Fixed that for you.

everyone on grub, sacrifice everything

in WvW

Posted by: kerona.3465

kerona.3465

Hard to get a general feel for Mag’s pop on a reset night. We’ll see how it goes throughout the week.

Maguuma [PYRO]
Oblyth, Mes ~ Nadeshiko Naito, War ~ Hwertu, Gua
Evenree, Necro (M) ~ Ran Still Died, Thief

in WvW

Posted by: Kalkz.5297

Kalkz.5297

ALL HAIL THE GREAT LORD FLAME RAM
– Commander Kalkz From inside Yaks Overlook – Out

Attachments:

Borlis Pass Commander Kalkz [BS]
Original Former of Borlis Savers
Leader Of : http://youtube.com/kaotichq

in WvW

Posted by: Markan.3460

Markan.3460

Mag 2.0

They transferred to get away from other peoples zergs. It’s OK when they have have the big zerg :p

The Older Gamers – Yak’s Bend

in WvW

Posted by: Roughneck.2509

Roughneck.2509

Good idea. The Great Lord Flame Ram can only be appeased if we seige cap all our maps with flame rams and continue to refresh them all week.

in WvW

saiyr.3071

Did YB lose any guilds due to the recent announcement?

in WvW

Posted by: BoAKaN.6052

BoAKaN.6052

Sure feels that way judging by the score.

in WvW

Posted by: GuardianOMS.8067

GuardianOMS.8067

I said w3 pop, we have a huge pop and if we are winning on points than lots of w3 fair weathers join, they also join for new matchups. Like T1 when we were winning with 3 day to go before pumpkin head man came out. Like dropping to tier 3 for the first time in 3 months. (Were we won). I play NA and Aussie pt and we never have a Zerg for longer than 1 hour and can’t even fill two maps. So your wrong about us having huge numbers. One day in 30 days would also be busy, monthly reset day.

People don’t understand how frustrating it is to be on IoJ. We tried to make it a better place but no real good leaders rose to the top to give it a chance. We tried to recruit but we didn’t get any new guilds join. IoJ has an awesome community and people but have achieved what they have with only around 15-20 dedicated w3 guilds, most fielding 10-15 players a couple of nights a week. We achieved great things but unfortunately it’s going to die in w3. I predict tier 8.

Is WvW and W3 not the same thing? I’m talking just a couple weeks ago, you guys were not dead, you had large sized groups around the map.

Sgt Killjoy – “Pedantic” “babe” and “bff” of Saiyr
The devs don’t care about WvW so I’m gonna kill players in PvE!

(edited by GuardianOMS.8067)

in WvW

Posted by: ktith.6197

ktith.6197

I thought YB got that big influx of people from DR last week during mid matchup. What happened to all those guys?

(I did see a few, under my boots, but not the numbers that moved)

Cmdr. Xandria Wolfkin
[RED] Devona’s Rest

in WvW

Posted by: Kerithlan.1659

Kerithlan.1659

Good idea. The Great Lord Flame Ram can only be appeased if we seige cap all our maps with flame rams and continue to refresh them all week.

Rams actually have their own siege cap independent of the rest of the siege varieties. Here’s the link , and the relevant quote:

- Do we have a siege limit? If so, what happens if we cross it?

There are two basic hard limits to siege placement.

There is a limit to how many siege weapons can be placed within a certain radius of each other. We tried to set it to be fairly lenient, right now you can set 5 weapons (sites or completed weapons) within any 1000 unit radius. If you try to place a new site somewhere within a radius that already has hit it’s limit, the placement will fail but you should still have the weapon bundle in your hands so you can try to place it somewhere else.

There is also a hard limit to how many weapons can be placed on the map. This map limit is a bit harder to explain as it is based on some internal concepts that don’t translate well to laymans terms, but basically anything that is not a ram counts towards one ‘limit’ for the purpose of this explanation and each team can have up to 100 of these types of weapons out at any time per map. Each team can also have up to 100 rams placed on a map.

Rams can stack up to 100 per server, and all other siege combined also stacks up to 100 per server independently of rams. Should allow you Maguumans more breathing room when considering siege placement vs ram placement.

Fosthe — Sylvari Elementalist
Men of Science [MoS] – Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Ordibble.3092

Ordibble.3092

gg mag is kittenty zerg server now, 1hr queues in all maps

game is ruined

All’s fine and dandy on YB – transfer here before it’s too late! We still have some places at the kiddies table.

I wouldn’t know but I think whatever is up is more generic than just WvW. PvE was so deserted I thought everyone had left and forgot to tell me. But isn’t it a holiday weekend in the US?

in WvW

Posted by: Tynan.6279

Tynan.6279

Wow Mag is one big Tier 2 Zerg now with all those T2 transfers!

Wreckd ~ Mesmer/Warrior/Necro
[SIC] Strident Iconoclast ~ FA

in WvW

saiyr.3071

I wouldn’t know but I think whatever is up is more generic than just WvW. PvE was so deserted I thought everyone had left and forgot to tell me. But isn’t it a holiday weekend in the US?

It’s a holiday weekend, but I’ve never really known people to do much for it. But I dunno.

in WvW

Posted by: juicifruitz.6251

juicifruitz.6251

It’s a holiday weekend, but I’ve never really known people to do much for it. But I dunno.

YB did lose 2 prominant guilds before last reset in FOO back to Blackgate and DARK who jumped ship to Dragonbrand (of all places), this week we got 1 guild from TC.

Apparently people don’t like our server name and that’s what stops them from coming lol

(edited by juicifruitz.6251)

in WvW

Posted by: Pendragon.8735

Pendragon.8735

Looks like the paid transfers announcement is going to screw up the rankings for several weeks again, just like some of the more free willing exodus periods in the past have done.

I just hope after the deadline kicks in, there won’t be a tier that remains almost permanently imbalanced. But looking at which servers are shooting up, and which are already strong in the tiers above this one, it looks very possible that T4 could end up a lopsided one.

in WvW

Posted by: Rolyn.5490

Rolyn.5490

ArenaNet should’ve not announced this paid server transfer, they should’ve just done it without warning.

in WvW

Posted by: Elochai.1280

Elochai.1280

Was a bit surprised the number of mag players out. We would survive a good fight against one zerg and another would come out of the keep or from the side. You all were pretty quick at responding too most of the night. Felt there was a good fight to be had most of the night. Though we are loosing yaks will be out there fighting and ill try to take as many down with me as i can. Good fights mag and ioj wish you didnt lose so many. Was looking forward to fighting you all.

Elochai Rendar 80 Warrior/Anskar Rendar 80 Necromancer/Rylea Rendar 80 Thief/Kento Rendar 80 Ranger
Commander

in WvW

Posted by: Cranky Was Circe.3975

Cranky Was Circe.3975

ArenaNet should’ve not announced this paid server transfer, they should’ve just done it without warning.

Yes, I’m sure that would have made for much less of a kitten storm.

in WvW

Posted by: mauler.5694

mauler.5694

I would say Mag got a huge transfer of Guilds! Yaks EB spawn getting camped by 20+ Mag….hilarious. Mag I would say your headin to tier 3, and with this kind of coverage you deserve it. Grats! I lay down my arms to Bunzy.

Killa Zombie – Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: Markan.3460

Markan.3460

Its a real shame as I enjoyed some hard fought rounds with Maguuma in the past. Hopefully once they move past and Kaineng roll their zerg through we can get back to some balanced matches. Hopefully our community will hold together and we won’t be gutted by a third or fourth week or being rolled over by the latest transfer destination.

The Older Gamers – Yak’s Bend

in WvW

Posted by: Henrik.7560

Henrik.7560

Enjoy crushing us too next week, (probably) maguuma, ah well, good luck have fun in the tiers you have never been in.
@T4’ers, we are probably on our way down, this matchup is going to hurt our rating if its a dead heat, maguuma will push us to just above T4, then kaineng will finish us off :/
See you in 3 weeks yaks bend :P we still want that rematch after you beat us last time haha.

Arcane Bastion [AB]
Elementalist Mesmer Ranger
Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: uflyandy.6392

uflyandy.6392

Yea man I just saw how bad you guys where doing , I was really shocked. You guys are always a pain in the butt to deal lol. I don’t think they will give us a problem man. I think we may stay tier 4 or a small chance to come up to tier 3 in the long run.

Title: Commander and Leader of [GOA] Legion Alliance [Maguuma]Name: Promethieus

in WvW

Posted by: Ewor.1698

Ewor.1698

Wow Mag got a ton of transfers. You had some very talented guilds before, but not really the numbers. Now I dont see those talented guilds, but just a big zerg.

That being said I dont know why everyone was asking where we (Yaks) were last night. for a good portion of the time I was on the score was quite close, we just couldn’t match the numbers and mindless zerg on all the maps. If IoJ wasn’t non existent we might of even had a chance to go toe to toe with Mag, as we tend to compete well with much better populated servers. We just dont have the numbers to fight off massive zergs on every map. Unfortunately IoJ is nowhere to be found =(

in WvW

Posted by: GuardianOMS.8067

GuardianOMS.8067

Yaks did show up and on Mag BL and in a HUGE force, which was on lock down by the Maguuma regulars. So you did not face a “mindless zerg” there.

Sgt Killjoy – “Pedantic” “babe” and “bff” of Saiyr
The devs don’t care about WvW so I’m gonna kill players in PvE!

in WvW

Posted by: Fenomenon.5318

Fenomenon.5318

Just laughing at all the Maguuma zerg comments… cant people understand the idea that Mag usually moves borderlands to do what is needed, whether it is defence or offence. I was helping defend a Garrison with about 10 other people.. we must have been a zerg in there in the minds of IoF and YB… Also, the people from [KILL] on IoJ needa calm down in JP’s, people are there for the chest, not a fight, even if you did chase me out and get killed. Jumping Puzzles are a place of peace… so CALM DOWN

Suaixtix – Mesmer, Warrior, Thief, Elementalist
Inceptio Nova [NOVA] – Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Arcadio.6875

Arcadio.6875

Pre-exodus IoJ would have made this match more interesting and could have possibly won. One of the best opponents FA ever had (Mag being the other of course!). Can’t say I’m upset that many of them transferred over to FA though. Good luck to whoever stayed. HoD finally managed a victory last week in T7 so maybe IoJ will find a tier where it will be competitive.

T3 is very close right now and it is not certain who will drop to this tier when Mag moves up. I’d of course like for FA to get a rematch with Mag. The server that drops gets to be the first superserver that Kaineng will have to deal with. I imagine the match thread will be amazing. If FA is the one that drops, it will be unfortunate that our rematch with YB won’t be as fun as I thought many weeks ago.

Lord Arcadio
League Of Ascending Immortals [OATH]

in WvW

Posted by: Nilgoow.1037

Nilgoow.1037

So there is some dumb cat thing outside of one of our towers now with a yak that’s ramming the gate. I guess this is a breakout event?

Excuse me while I grind down its 10,000,000 HP.

in WvW

Posted by: Mortalitas.9710

Mortalitas.9710

Good fights last night at Garrison and East camp from Yak’s.I was running with my guild and it seems to me Yak’s had the Zerg train running last night not us. I dont know how many times we got wiped at East camp after destroying your guys siege on the hill by 30+ Yaks. Then to be called back to garrison cause you broke the wall down again and we had to fight off your Zerg their also. We planned to be in your borderlands to wipe you and we plan to be there again. But Yak’s was running a huge Zerg in EB and their borderlands as far as I could tell. So numbers game isnt tilted in our favor is the point. Maybe this week we will be pretty evenly matched and have glorious deaths all around.

E. BlackThorn Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: Zephyrus.9680

Zephyrus.9680

Well it’s true we’ve grown some in numbers as well. Last night after restart was the first time I ever saw full queues on every map.

So far I’ve seen good things from the guilds we gained so if we can keep the strong organization together that makes Maguuma what it is, I wouldn’t mind rising a tier or even 2.

Score update zzz

Attachments:

Zefyres – Ele | Maguuma | (ex) top100 solo/teamQ casual | Youtube

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

so, why did the guilds left IOJ? dont tell me they left cus they lost? thats kinda like losers

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

in WvW

Posted by: Adaneshade.2409

Adaneshade.2409

Mag 2.0

Yeah….I transferred to mag due to it’s population of solo roamers and the fact that they rarely had a blowout match where they were on top. Guess I’m headed to IoJ, was great running with iRez and OG though ^.^ gonna miss you guys.

~Shadowkat

in WvW

Posted by: Arcadio.6875

Arcadio.6875

so, why did the guilds left IOJ? dont tell me they left cus they lost? thats kinda like losers

The server was already in a downward spiral prior to the announcement of paid transfers. The guilds that were still around had been loyal to the server through its ups and downs, but as soon as the first few big guilds left, it forced the rest of the guilds to consider moving. Those guilds went to FA because they liked us as opponents and we have a similar culture. They came as a group because they still wanted to play with one another.

I’m sure some still in IoJ may have a negative opinion about all those who left, but those guilds who had been in IoJ for so long and left in the past few days are definitely not bandwagoners. Especially those who went to FA since we haven’t won a match for the past 9 weeks and we aren’t ahead in the current match (there’s still time for us to win of course).

Lord Arcadio
League Of Ascending Immortals [OATH]

in WvW

Posted by: ParaldaWind.4523

ParaldaWind.4523

btw I did not recognize a single guild from Maguuma tonight, although I did see one guardian with a [GOON] tag, but other than that I have never seen any of the guilds you now have lol. Which server/s did they come from? They are formidable

I guess I’ll give a rundown on what the guild situation is on Maguuma.

Old (Pre-Explosion) Maguuma Guilds: PYRO, EVOH, NOVA, GOA, TTK, FFL, SCRB, ME (formerly FINE, kinda), RMNT, PRED backwards because of censorship (conglomeration of iRez, PANG, MAG, GOON, SFD), HKHS, HDA, EOH (somewhat new, about a month now), SAnD (also somewhat new, I believe), iLL, EK, MATE, DV, and a few others scattered about that I probably don’t remember at the time of writing this because I just woke up.

New Maguuma Guilds: SM (from Ehmry Bay) and WäR (from Borlis Pass).

Each of these guilds regularly field 20-25, so they’re pretty substantial, but as you can see, a lot of our explosion wasn’t from new guilds.

PYRO/EVOH/GOA/TTK/NOVA/FFL/SCRB/ME and recently RMNT have been working together lately in a coordinated effort under a shared banner called Legion Alliance, which has partially affected our scores, because GOA/TTK are getting their PVE players to play a lot more, and PYRO/EVOH/NOVA have been recruiting like crazy.

But a lot of our explosion is, unfortunately, just bandwagoners jumping off DR and BP because they wanted map completion or to be “winners.” (NOTE: Not referring to WäR here, just referring to unorganized random players transferring outside of a guild). Hopefully the queues die down soon so that we can play a bit more together.

No tears, only dreams
[PYRO]
Maguuma – youtube.com/pyrogw2

(edited by ParaldaWind.4523)

in WvW

Posted by: Adaneshade.2409

Adaneshade.2409

Just laughing at all the Maguuma zerg comments… cant people understand the idea that Mag usually moves borderlands to do what is needed, whether it is defence or offence. I was helping defend a Garrison with about 10 other people.. we must have been a zerg in there in the minds of IoF and YB… Also, the people from [KILL] on IoJ needa calm down in JP’s, people are there for the chest, not a fight, even if you did chase me out and get killed. Jumping Puzzles are a place of peace… so CALM DOWN

WvW JPs are PvP dungeons, plain and simple. They are many things to many people but never have I heard them called “place of peace” >.<.

~Shadowkat

in WvW

Posted by: zastari.1730

zastari.1730

Hmm, I think I’ll spend the rest of this week camping YB JP

Tsarazi – 80 Asuran Mesmer [DERP]
Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Fallensbane.8420

Fallensbane.8420

I guess I’ll give a rundown on what the guild situation is on Maguuma.

Old (Pre-Explosion) Maguuma Guilds: PYRO, EVOH, NOVA, GOA, TTK, FFL, SCRB, ME (formerly FINE, kinda), RMNT, PRED backwards because of censorship (conglomeration of iRez, PANG, MAG, GOON, SFD), HKHS, HDA, EOH (somewhat new, about a month now), SAnD (also somewhat new, I believe), iLL, EK, MATE, DV, and a few others scattered about that I probably don’t remember at the time of writing this because I just woke up.

New Maguuma Guilds: SM (from Ehmry Bay) and WäR (from Borlis Pass).

Each of these guilds regularly field 20-25, so they’re pretty substantial, but as you can see, a lot of our explosion wasn’t from new guilds.

PYRO/EVOH/GOA/TTK/NOVA/FFL/SCRB/ME and recently RMNT have been working together lately in a coordinated effort under a shared banner called Legion Alliance, which has partially affected our scores, because GOA/TTK are getting their PVE players to play a lot more, and PYRO/EVOH/NOVA have been recruiting like crazy.

But a lot of our explosion is, unfortunately, just bandwagoners jumping off DR and BP because they wanted map completion or to be “winners.” Hopefully the queues die down soon so that we can play a bit more together.

Yes [SAnD] and [War] (not to be confused with WäR) transfered over a month.. perhaps a bit more than a month ago. Two weeks ago we merged into one guild. We were allied guilds who had been NSPers for a long time, but much like many guilds eventually we had to make the hard choice of moving and we chose Maguuma before this huge influx started hitting. We have had a blast running with everyone on Mag and fighting all the servers we have fought so far in T4/T5

80 Ranger • 80 Necromancer • 80 Guardian • 80 Mesmer • 80 Engineer
[SAnD] of Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: kfarb.6732

kfarb.6732

So far I’ve seen good things from the guilds we gained so if we can keep the strong organization together that makes Maguuma what it is, I wouldn’t mind rising a tier or even 2.

I think you’ll find a lot of Maguuma players disagree. The mindless zergs we have going in maps are not the real Maguuma anyone has fought before, and they won’t be until we can get them into our voip for real coordination (spies welcome, we’ll still outplay you).

Maguuma – considered by many to be the best

in WvW

Posted by: eye floater.7140

eye floater.7140

really? kittenmit! this match is worse than last weeks; IoJ is AWOL, and Mag is…. better than last time. Or Yaks is worse. Blah, no fun.

in WvW

Posted by: GiltFedaykin.8396

GiltFedaykin.8396

If you were on EB last night, there’s a good chance you’re referring to WäR, as we had a few good outnumbered battles with YB that we were able to win.

There seems to be a lot of sentiment that we’re “bandwagoners”.. If you’re going to fault us for wanting to play with more organized and better quality players we felt we were on par with, then go ahead. You should be taking it as a compliment as we’ve got some insanely good players. But for me it wasn’t about wanting to win. It’s about spending ridiculous amounts of time and gold just to see a fully upgraded keep or tower fall cause no one would come help you defend it. That’s not fun for me. The game is about having fun.

in WvW

Posted by: ParaldaWind.4523

ParaldaWind.4523

If you were on EB last night, there’s a good chance you’re referring to WäR, as we had a few good outnumbered battles with YB that we were able to win.

There seems to be a lot of sentiment that we’re “bandwagoners”.. If you’re going to fault us for wanting to play with more organized and better quality players we felt we were on par with, then go ahead. You should be taking it as a compliment as we’ve got some insanely good players. But for me it wasn’t about wanting to win. It’s about spending ridiculous amounts of time and gold just to see a fully upgraded keep or tower fall cause no one would come help you defend it. That’s not fun for me. The game is about having fun.

Note: I wasn’t referring to WäR as bandwagoners above, I actually really like you guys. Was more talking about random players who transferred off, outside of an organized guild transfer.

No tears, only dreams
[PYRO]
Maguuma – youtube.com/pyrogw2

in WvW

Posted by: iAmTheDuke.6201

iAmTheDuke.6201

For Fort Pangloss!

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: kerona.3465