Maguuma - Isle of Janthir - Yak's Bend 1/18

in WvW

Posted by: GuardianOMS.8067

GuardianOMS.8067

when it comes to talking about fight club.

Tsk tsk.

The first rule of Fight Club is…

Bash everyone’s face in? I don’t get it.

Sgt Killjoy – “Pedantic” “babe” and “bff” of Saiyr
The devs don’t care about WvW so I’m gonna kill players in PvE!

in WvW

Posted by: Braxxus.2904

Braxxus.2904

when it comes to talking about fight club.

Tsk tsk.

The first rule of Fight Club is…

Bash everyone’s face in? I don’t get it.

/15charetcetc

Blackwater Vanguard
Yaks Bend

in WvW

GuardianOMS.8067

Bash everyone’s faces in, got it.

in WvW

Posted by: Mike.7320

Mike.7320

Haha, had a YB zerg minutes ago bring their entire army up to The Godsword to take out some OG.

Its one thing to chase us off. You guys hunted us down lol. I tactically retreated from Godsword into the skritt cave still with 15+ people following me. Ridiculous YB

Idolizethis Warrior

Arkham (Ark)

in WvW

Braxxus.2904

Haha, had a YB zerg minutes ago bring their entire army up to The Godsword to take out some OG.

Its one thing to chase us off. You guys hunted us down lol. I tactically retreated from Godsword into the skritt cave still with 15+ people following me. Ridiculous YB

And seconds later a sea of blue armor with red names washed over the landscape in a massive zergball and it’s as if your moment never happened in the first place.

;)

Blackwater Vanguard
Yaks Bend

in WvW

Posted by: Eliandal.8735

Eliandal.8735

Pot? Meet kettle!

….and it was most likely a Karma train – since that’s pretty much what’s left for us right now ;P

Cuthache | Ranger
OTG!
Yak’s Bend!

in WvW

Posted by: dreztina.4820

dreztina.4820

And seconds later a sea of blue armor with red names washed over the landscape in a massive zergball and it’s as if your moment never happened in the first place.

;)

Actually, what happened was we turned around and killed all of them.

Out of Attunement – D/D Ele
Maguuma

in WvW

GuardianOMS.8067

;)

Why do people still have team colors on? I worked hard on my armor coloring, NOTICE ME!

in WvW

Braxxus.2904

Why do people still have team colors on? I worked hard on my armor coloring, NOTICE ME!

Turning team colors off only affects the players on YOUR team. I have mine turned off because I want to see what my fellow benders have chosen for their distinctive style, just as I have done for mine. However the enemies you see will still be uniformly colored to their servers colors.

Blackwater Vanguard
Yaks Bend

in WvW

Posted by: saiyr.3071

saiyr.3071

Uhh, what? There are three settings. One shows team colors for all teams including your own, one shows it for your enemies, and one shows it for nobody. The default is the middle.

[DERP] Saiyr, “bff” of Sgt Killjoy

in WvW

GuardianOMS.8067

Yeah, you don’t have yours turned off, you have it set to enemies only.

in WvW

Posted by: Rok.5074

Rok.5074

Yaks Bend had some great battles a few weeks ago against Maguuma. I don’t even remember who won in total points that week, but I think it was Maguuma. Either way, a lot of fun for BOTH sides I think.

This new Maguuma is clearly a top tier server in numbers and organization, and I wish you well on your ride up.

I’m honestly not upset with Maguuma or with large guilds of WvWvW players who transferred there. (Well, OK, I’m a little grumpy with the Maguuma spawn campers. C’mon guys, really? Not too classy.)

I kitten at Arenanet for making a broken “ladder” system, and pretending its competative while allowing people to transfer up and down whenever they want.

Sadly, making it cost a few hundred gems to transfer DOWN to a lower tier isn’t going to fix the problem.

It’s a shame really, because if the system worked and server transfers had ended long ago, the system would have really worked quite well I bet.

Anyway, good luck Maguuma and hang in there YB and IoJ.

in WvW

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

Free transfers should have ended within the first month. A two week grace period after that at a discounted rate. And then poof, off we go.

Early on, in the first month you knew who the top dogs were. SBI, I think JQ, IoJ was up there…terrace was, henge was. The only time things got shook was when some large guild or two left a server and threw the balancing into chaos.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

in WvW

cesmode.4257

I actually have a question about..future WvW for servers like IoJ and even Yaks. So maguuma obviously doesnt belong with us. I think Yaks vs IoJ vs someone else would be decent. However, curious if the wvw experience would be..better or not. Maguuma is fielding what seems to be 200 on a map or something. I rarely see any yaks on our BL, and it doesnt look like they do a lot on others. I dont know exact numbers for IoJ, but it cant be more than 100 or so. With populations hurting on some of these servers, would we be able to spread out enough to cover at least two BL effectively….would we be spread too thin? Zergs of 5 taking a keep? lol.

Curious to see how it all shakes up once the balancing and ranking is all set.
Curious to see if we will still see 40 man zergs.

in WvW

Posted by: Pendragon.8735

Pendragon.8735

We will see zergs again. But IoJ is not going to be long for this tier. They were ranked so high for so long that showings like this hurt them badly (-154.00) while Yaks is actually going to gain points this week despite the poor showing.

Kaineng will pit stop in this tier and keep going. But after it should settle down some with DB coming back and likely Crystal Desert. Hopefully those two can somewhat balance each other in off hours, because it should be pretty good in NA primetime.

in WvW

Posted by: ParaldaWind.4523

ParaldaWind.4523

I actually have a question about..future WvW for servers like IoJ and even Yaks. So maguuma obviously doesnt belong with us. I think Yaks vs IoJ vs someone else would be decent. However, curious if the wvw experience would be..better or not. Maguuma is fielding what seems to be 200 on a map or something. I rarely see any yaks on our BL, and it doesnt look like they do a lot on others. I dont know exact numbers for IoJ, but it cant be more than 100 or so. With populations hurting on some of these servers, would we be able to spread out enough to cover at least two BL effectively….would we be spread too thin? Zergs of 5 taking a keep? lol.

Unfortunately, and I mean no disrespect, I think this is a perfect example of one of the problems I see with Yak’s Bend. Your mentality is so rooted in numbers, that you guys seem to give up and forget strategy.

40 man zergs are not the ideal play style, and they are not at all necessary. I run a guild that at most fields 15 people, and there is rarely a tower we can’t take, and a keep we can’t pressure. If I could have one 40 man zerg or two 15 man organized groups, I would go with organization any day. We learned, as a server, how to do this because we were so often outmanned. We know siege placements, work together, know how to ninja, and have some of the best mesmers in the game. These are more important than numbers any day.

No tears, only dreams
[PYRO]
Maguuma – youtube.com/pyrogw2

in WvW

Posted by: zastari.1730

zastari.1730

Unfortunately, and I mean no disrespect, I think this is a perfect example of one of the problems I see with Yak’s Bend. Your mentality is so rooted in numbers, that you guys seem to give up and forget strategy.

I tried to get some pugs to bomb and kite a zerg. The results were hilarious(ly bad).

40 man zergs are not the ideal play style, and they are not at all necessary. I run a guild that at most fields 15 people, and there is rarely a tower we can’t take, and a keep we can’t pressure. If I could have one 40 man zerg or two 15 man organized groups, I would go with organization any day. We learned, as a server, how to do this because we were so often outmanned. We know siege placements, work together, know how to ninja, and have some of the best mesmers in the game. These are more important than numbers any day.

Every time yaks brought a zerg this matchup we just rolled it with a bigger zerg. I think the one exception was reset night when it was queued on both sides. Zerg server etc……..

Tsarazi – 80 Asuran Mesmer [DERP]
Maguuma

in WvW

zastari.1730

I mean we can talk about superior tactics all day when our transfer commanders are saying “omg treb at NW tower hitting garrison what do” (actually they don’t say anything they just stand there confused), but the truth is 90% of what we did this match was zerg over the top of kitten.

Edit: And zerg onto Do It Two It’s portals. We have some of the best mesmer in the game.

Maguuma

in WvW

Pendragon.8735

Usually the opposite thing that the zerg is doing is more beneficial to your server, if you can find some other people to do it with. The zerg is the frontline, you definitely need it but defeating the zerg is often more about making them split than doing it head to head, as that can take hours if they are evenly matched.

in WvW

zastari.1730

One time this week while zergherding we somehow kept swiftness up and everyone had 10+ stacks of might when we rallied to bomb a zerg. Then I realized there were like 15 [D|ERP] tags there.

Maguuma

in WvW

cesmode.4257

Of course. Well organized groups can inflict a lot of chaos and damage and it is something I prefer, and something that my server (ioj) is learning to do(especially this week IMO). We are learning to do more with less.

But you cant deny the sheer power of a 50 man zerg steamrolling through an organized group of 10 or 15. And then onto towers. At times this week, I had thought that only 30 or 40 people from IoJ were on our borderlands…and it seemed that maguuma numbered in the 100s at times. Always just saw seas of red. Really really difficult to combat that. We take a camp, you take it back. We spend time and resource taking a tower. You take it back. With easier effort. We take two camps at once, you still have the numbers to take both back quickly.

don’t get me wrong, I’m all for smaller group play and I wish/hope that is the direction of IoJ since we cannot field these enormous zergs most of the time.

in WvW

Posted by: Hackuuna.4085

Hackuuna.4085

There was a queue two nights ago on our borderland too zastari from Yaks bend when the CL group decided to take another dip in, which I confirmed with a Yaks person in my party. It was around that time the screenshot from Eternal with all the ballistas aimed at their spawn was taken. They only managed to take a few supply camps before we wiped them and they went off to a different borderland (I believe we wiped them at North).

in WvW

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

How do we get a matchup this high in the tier, and neither of our opponents log in?
I’m telling our team to let opponents have the towers so we can have fights. This is so boring. I can’t imagine playing this game without having WvW available to play. What are all these Tier 4 people doing now? Just transferring? I don’t even know what to do when I log in anymore. We have 99-100% of the map every single day without trying. We have 1-30 people playing on our own team because a lot of our pubbies are only playing WvW for the karma/ badges. The 1-30 are our die-hard WvW mumblers.

I’d rather be IoJ right now and have no towers so we are guaranteed to find people on the map to fight. Right now we’re just building trebs at the gates of un-upgraded towers because it brings some level of amusement. We’re wasting siege left, right, and center that we’ll definitely need next week vs teams with actual WvW populations on them.

Just start the siege event, break the gate, and don’t cap the tower. That way you have an elite that can 1 shot us if we go near it. No one cares about the pve stuff at this point. We’re not upgrading anything anymore.

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

in WvW

cesmode.4257

How do we get a matchup this high in the tier, and neither of our opponents log in?
I’m telling our team to let opponents have the towers so we can have fights. This is so boring. I can’t imagine playing this game without having WvW available to play. What are all these Tier 4 people doing now? Just transferring? I don’t even know what to do when I log in anymore. We have 99-100% of the map every single day without trying. We have 1-30 people playing on our own team because a lot of our pubbies are only playing WvW for the karma/ badges. The 1-30 are our die-hard WvW mumblers.

I’d rather be IoJ right now and have no towers so we are guaranteed to find people on the map to fight. Right now we’re just building trebs at the gates of un-upgraded towers because it brings some level of amusement. We’re wasting siege left, right, and center that we’ll definitely need next week vs teams with actual WvW populations on them.

Just start the siege event, break the gate, and don’t cap the tower. That way you have an elite that can 1 shot us if we go near it. No one cares about the pve stuff at this point. We’re not upgrading anything anymore.

Apparently you missed the memo…the one about all of the wvw guilds on IoJ leaving. Its not about people not logging in..I see the same names from IoJ each night. Its the fact that our population was decimated, the score is lopsided and those that are on the fence each night..sure they dont hop into wuvwuv because why bother? They dont want repair bills.

Me..Ive been in there. Thiefing myself around ;p

in WvW

Posted by: Hackuuna.4085

Hackuuna.4085

Apparently you missed the memo…the one about all of the wvw guilds on IoJ leaving. Its not about people not logging in..I see the same names from IoJ each night. Its the fact that our population was decimated, the score is lopsided and those that are on the fence each night..sure they dont hop into wuvwuv because why bother? They dont want repair bills.

Me..Ive been in there. Thiefing myself around ;p

From what I have seen, I would be shocked if IoJ could even get a queue on one map at this point. You guys have definitely lost a huge amount of people in WvW, and I’m sure the lopsided score makes most of the ones who did semi-regularly play take the week to do other things.

in WvW

cesmode.4257

There has been no queue, any time for me at all this week. I just got to the server less than 2 weeks ago, didnt know of the exodus…so I dont have much invested in it. Trying to stick it out. Its fun, but demoralizing yes. I hope with a better matchup the maps are better divided.

I guess no queues is a selling point, however. Great opportunity for some guilds that just want to wuvwuv without queue.

in WvW

Posted by: Nilgoow.1037

Nilgoow.1037

The whole thing with maguuma not actively recruiting is such a crock. People here have been after guilds from other servers since the start, and the only reason we’ve come up this far is because of the transfers. The people playing it down like the transfers aren’t welcome are the same ones trying to grab them up into whatever crap alliance/conglomerate/coalition we have this week. Recruitment and attempts at organization haven’t been this prevalent for months.

in WvW

Pendragon.8735

We’ve been on both sides, this is typical when the score gets like this. If IoJ could still field numbers there might at least be a fight for second, or possibly even the mythical like event known as teaming up on the top team. But 1st, 2nd, 3rd, its pretty set in stone right now. And without much of a 3rd server to at least draw attention, if YB takes a tower or two, its just like moths to flame signal call for a massive Mag zerg. So that gets old.

in WvW

Pendragon.8735

The whole thing with maguuma not actively recruiting is such a crock. People here have been after guilds from other servers since the start, and the only reason we’ve come up this far is because of the transfers. The people playing it down like the transfers aren’t welcome are the same ones trying to grab them up into whatever crap alliance/conglomerate/coalition we have this week. Recruitment and attempts at organization haven’t been this prevalent for months.

Course servers want to get situated at the top before the lock down, and are recruiting like crazy to end up there. But not sure why that should be desired. I think its far more preferable to end up in a middle tier, where we will never see long queues, maybe some short ones at reset at worst, and then have competitive matches every week once populations stabilize. One thing YB has is still mostly the same players and identity it always did. Top 3 tiers, probably well over 50% of those servers are just mercenaries, transplants from elsewhere. So you joined a server already winning big whoop.

in WvW

Posted by: frontsquats.8912

frontsquats.8912

Free transfers for such a long time period ruined WvWvW; Arenanet should know better.

in WvW

Braxxus.2904

Well since there isn’t much point to loading up the game at all until the servers shuffle, and from what I’ve been reading the kaineng zerg is going to make the next matchup more of the same as this one might as well drop off some snaps of the typical scene everywhere on the map.
http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a633/BraxxusPxC/gw025_zps8144f88e.jpg
http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a633/BraxxusPxC/gw026_zps5c09030c.jpg
http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a633/BraxxusPxC/gw027_zpsd39a8c06.jpg
http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a633/BraxxusPxC/gw028_zpsb96e734c.jpg
And finally at our spawn after getting zergballed out of everywhere else:
http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a633/BraxxusPxC/gw024_zps16981835.jpg

Blackwater Vanguard
Yaks Bend

in WvW

Posted by: Nilgoow.1037

Nilgoow.1037

Course servers want to get situated at the top before the lock down, and are recruiting like crazy to end up there. But not sure why that should be desired. I think its far more preferable to end up in a middle tier, where we will never see long queues, maybe some short ones at reset at worst, and then have competitive matches every week once populations stabilize. One thing YB has is still mostly the same players and identity it always did. Top 3 tiers, probably well over 50% of those servers are just mercenaries, transplants from elsewhere. So you joined a server already winning big whoop.

I don’t think Maguuma has a chance at staying in the top 2 tiers and I certainly don’t want to deal with queues. We haven’t fought anyone for the last three weeks, so the blowouts are hardly an indicator of future performance. I think we’ll settle into T3 in time. It will be hard to sink lower than that given that there is a bit of a ‘dead server’ buffer in the lower tiers due to people consolidating on the higher pop servers.

in WvW

Braxxus.2904

All the Mag zergball /sits, /laughs and corpse jumping like it’s a huge achievement to roll 20-40 people over 3 or less is rather amusing though I have to admit.

This is just silly at this point. Might be time to dive into Planetside2 like everyone else.

Blackwater Vanguard
Yaks Bend

(edited by Braxxus.2904)

in WvW

GuardianOMS.8067

Yes, it is all we EVER do. We get 20-40 together just to find less than four people to roll over. We have to do it or we lose one point from our overall score every second.

in WvW

katniss.6735

I just spvp’d to level 11. God, this is horrible. Is it Friday yet?

twitch.tv/mlgw2

in WvW

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

I tried to find the Fight Club last night but it wasn’t there.

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |

in WvW

Posted by: Pinko.2076

Pinko.2076

It changes basically on where the fun IoJ guys are found. Today they were near the ruins of Yak’s BL.

in WvW

cesmode.4257

It changes basically on where the fun IoJ guys are found. Today they were near the ruins of Yak’s BL.

And these guys aren’t helping out? Pity…

in WvW

GuardianOMS.8067

Duels at SS camp on Mag BL. Would love to see more people from IoJ and Yak’s!

in WvW

Posted by: Boreal.9826

Boreal.9826

Duels at SS camp on Mag BL. Would love to see more people from IoJ and Yak’s!

I would, if I wasn’t stuck at work!

in WvW

Pinko.2076

Keep in mind that if you act like a kitten we will be killing you and peg legging your downed state across a field. Only two guys were annoying so far.

in WvW

GuardianOMS.8067

lol [Liar] from Yak’s show’s up, starts attacking, then gets peg legged away.

in WvW

Posted by: PoiSonPeZ.4286

PoiSonPeZ.4286

It’s easy to say these things when you have the overall numbers in your favor. Yak’s Bend’s mentality is fine. We have people who are organized. Like all servers, we have many people who run around aimlessly – every server has those people. Also, there’s only so much a “ninja” group can do. You take a tower or two and word gets around to the enemy and they finally root you out because of their numbers.

The good thing about Yak’s Bend is that we have a relatively stable membership. When all the servers that have been poisoned by over-transfers rise to the top, we will end up in the middle Tier with even matchups and loads of fun. We don’t need the drama that comes with over-populating a server.

in WvW

Posted by: Hexin.5603

Hexin.5603

Well since there isn’t much point to loading up the game at all until the servers shuffle, and from what I’ve been reading the kaineng zerg is going to make the next matchup more of the same as this one might as well drop off some snaps of the typical scene everywhere on the map.
http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a633/BraxxusPxC/gw025_zps8144f88e.jpg
http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a633/BraxxusPxC/gw026_zps5c09030c.jpg
http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a633/BraxxusPxC/gw027_zpsd39a8c06.jpg
http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a633/BraxxusPxC/gw028_zpsb96e734c.jpg
And finally at our spawn after getting zergballed out of everywhere else:
http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a633/BraxxusPxC/gw024_zps16981835.jpg

Thank you sir …

Attachments:

Willing to pay for boxed expansion if you put legit GvG in the box $$

in WvW

Posted by: Subtle.4596

Subtle.4596

It’s easy to say these things when you have the overall numbers in your favor. Yak’s Bend’s mentality is fine. We have people who are organized. Like all servers, we have many people who run around aimlessly – every server has those people. Also, there’s only so much a “ninja” group can do. You take a tower or two and word gets around to the enemy and they finally root you out because of their numbers.

The good thing about Yak’s Bend is that we have a relatively stable membership. When all the servers that have been poisoned by over-transfers rise to the top, we will end up in the middle Tier with even matchups and loads of fun. We don’t need the drama that comes with over-populating a server.

This. Your group of 15 is nothing when you get rushed by 40 level 2 and 3 lowbies. I love our community. Would we say no to a few transfers? Probably not. Do we want to be a tier 1 server? No. Do we want to deal with 3hour Q times? No. Not even 1 hour Q times.

Friday comes – you will be up a tier we deal with DB and KA – maybe get dropped a tier then things go back to normal and the good fights happen again.

Meantime – Yaks – Lowbie Zergs again tonight!!! Watch for the announcement in LA.

Subtle/Not Subtle
80Thief/80Guard
Yaksbend Commander

in WvW

Posted by: Besetment.9187

Besetment.9187

Yeah seriously. This score blowout is on the order of Sea of Sorrows/Dragonbrand/Maguuma. The old guard will remember that one.

I really like YB and I hope things work out for you guys. I feel like a 5th wheel this week. I come home in Euro prime time and there is literally nothing to do. But I remember the really cool golem plays and psyops games we had with YB when the numbers werer more even. Those were seriously good games and I learned alot.

in WvW

Posted by: FalconOSeven.2364

FalconOSeven.2364

Curious, how do you get up there?

Attachments:

in WvW

Pinko.2076

Yaks is losing from numbers, but I’m not sure how you guys keep handwaving away when you lose even numbers. Reset night borderland gone in 10 minutes, and 2 days ago queued our borderland and walked away with a single tower to show for it.

We don’t expect you to win, but hearing that you don’t have the numbers constantly is sad when you queue our borderland to try and ninja a keep, get a response, then leave when the main zerg gets wiped 3 times.

in WvW

Posted by: wads.5730

wads.5730

Curious, how do you get up there?

they like waving

in WvW

katniss.6735

Need more at fight club. So far it’s just a thief getting wins, but he left.
Mag BL behind windmill, s camp.

twitch.tv/mlgw2