Maguuma - Isle of Janthir - Yak's Bend 1/18

in WvW

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

Yaks is losing from numbers, but I’m not sure how you guys keep handwaving away when you lose even numbers. Reset night borderland gone in 10 minutes, and 2 days ago queued our borderland and walked away with a single tower to show for it.

We don’t expect you to win, but hearing that you don’t have the numbers constantly is sad when you queue our borderland to try and ninja a keep, get a response, then leave when the main zerg gets wiped 3 times.

Oh you ran into our Choo Choo Karma Train Upleveled Alts Zerg (CCKTUAZ) ‘pronounced ’cawk-2-as’. Sorry we had to leave, your map was out of Karma and cookies. Don’t get angry.

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |

in WvW

Posted by: Tool.3749

Tool.3749

Yaks is losing from numbers, but I’m not sure how you guys keep handwaving away when you lose even numbers. Reset night borderland gone in 10 minutes, and 2 days ago queued our borderland and walked away with a single tower to show for it.

We don’t expect you to win, but hearing that you don’t have the numbers constantly is sad when you queue our borderland to try and ninja a keep, get a response, then leave when the main zerg gets wiped 3 times.

Seriously you’re still kittening about this? Please go back to like page 2 when this was already adressed or do I need to remind you about what happened on your own BL Friday night again? You got amnesia?

in WvW

Posted by: Mazzone.2904

Mazzone.2904

And so came Maguuma, after weeks of training!

http://mos.millenium.org/matchups/history/13#NA

I don’t get why the Maguuma guys are so hurt that they got transfers and are being carried to a higher tier. It happened, you guys will soon be in the upper tiered servers playing other upper tiered servers. The next couple of weeks will be extremely boring for all servers involved with this massive flux in server balance. Once it all settles, you guys can just have fun, and so can we.

As a casual WvW player, this week came in and was immediately apparent that it was a wash. Who wants to actually try to take and hold keeps or towers that we’d just lose over night and throughout the day. I’m glad you guys crushed IoJ too, took the pressure off of us to win anything. I’ve gotten to farm tons of karma, practice duels, PvE!!! and make money!

I honestly just can’t wait for the zerg v zerg fests to end. It’s much more fun getting to roam against similarly sized WvW communities. 5-10 v 5-10’s in open combat are the best times I have in this game, and this week’s match-up as provided none of that. At most 5 of us took a southern tower and got to farm original Maguuma players for a while :

Good luck next week and beyond!

in WvW

Posted by: Pinko.2076

Pinko.2076

Seriously you’re still kittening about this? Please go back to like page 2 when this was already adressed or do I need to remind you about what happened on your own BL Friday night again? You got amnesia?

no/yes/no

in WvW

Tool.3749

no/yes/no

OK reminder #2 inc. I hate to repeat myself for everyone else. Mag got badge farmed for 4 hours straight trying to take 1 tower from a group with outmanned buff up. Until most of us got bored and logged off around midnight est. Your zerg ran the tower over in under 2 minutes when no one was defending any longer, much like it has done all week. But wasnt able to win like a 10 to 1 fight for it in 4 hours.

Now to be fair you were against probably the best team of players that Yaks had on any map Friday as it was alot of long time Yak players who have played through our share of zerg servers and dont panic at larger numbers,much like old time Mag players I’m sure. We were dug in like Alabama wood ticks.

My group was made to defend it with 2 well/staff build necro’s and a ranger to root people in them and 2 greatsword warriors for hundred blades. 2 necro’s that have a clue go a long ways towards demoralizing zergs and stopping thier momentum. Once the momentum of a zerg stops alot will run in the other direction and the few that stay become fodder for a prebuilt group.

We were not alone though, there was some very talented Yak’s players there maybe 20ish most of the time. Now and then we would get up to like maybe 40ish, but they wouldn’t stay.

in WvW

Posted by: Pinko.2076

Pinko.2076

You killed some randoms in a tower once? Yeah sounds like Yak’s is clearly at their strategic peak.

in WvW

Posted by: Ninein.4782

Ninein.4782

It was glorious. Bards will spread the tale throughout the realm.

Ninein
-Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Rok.5074

Rok.5074

Unfortunately, and I mean no disrespect, I think this is a perfect example of one of the problems I see with Yak’s Bend. Your mentality is so rooted in numbers, that you guys seem to give up and forget strategy.

40 man zergs are not the ideal play style, and they are not at all necessary. I run a guild that at most fields 15 people, and there is rarely a tower we can’t take, and a keep we can’t pressure. If I could have one 40 man zerg or two 15 man organized groups, I would go with organization any day. We learned, as a server, how to do this because we were so often outmanned. We know siege placements, work together, know how to ninja, and have some of the best mesmers in the game. These are more important than numbers any day.

It’s easy to say these things when you have the overall numbers in your favor. Yak’s Bend’s mentality is fine. We have people who are organized. Like all servers, we have many people who run around aimlessly – every server has those people. Also, there’s only so much a “ninja” group can do. You take a tower or two and word gets around to the enemy and they finally root you out because of their numbers.

The good thing about Yak’s Bend is that we have a relatively stable membership. When all the servers that have been poisoned by over-transfers rise to the top, we will end up in the middle Tier with even matchups and loads of fun. We don’t need the drama that comes with over-populating a server.

This.

in WvW

Posted by: kfarb.6732

kfarb.6732

One time I defended a tower, too.

Maguuma – considered by many to be the best

in WvW

Posted by: GuardianOMS.8067

GuardianOMS.8067

Yak’s Bend’s mentality is fine.

It’s funny you say this because MANY other Yak’s Bend players have said the opposite.

The good thing about Yak’s Bend is that we have a relatively stable membership. When all the servers that have been poisoned by over-transfers rise to the top, we will end up in the middle Tier with even matchups and loads of fun. We don’t need the drama that comes with over-populating a server.

Yet you’re recruiting….

Sgt Killjoy – “Pedantic” “babe” and “bff” of Saiyr
The devs don’t care about WvW so I’m gonna kill players in PvE!

in WvW

Posted by: Elochai.1280

Elochai.1280

A huge chunk of the regulars on Yak’s Bend are taking a break from this week and either PvEing, preparing for the following weeks, or leveling an alt. That is one of the big reasons you aren’t getting much out of Yaks. We are doing just fine and will see how next week plays out. However, many others find it far more efficient to do what they are doing right now instead of coming out to WvW. Since many of them are playing alts that is also a large chunk of what you run into out there right now.

Yak’s Bend may consist of more upleveled toons in general than Mag too. I haven’t taken the time to look into it thoroughly, so I apologize if that is not the case. Given the fact that currently a large chunk of the yaks out there right now are up leveled that would explain them being rolled as has been said by equal numbers. We’ve also tried to bring more PvE players in WvW. They are still learning and we are happy to have them out there. We rather get more people already on our server out there in WvW. Since we want to ease them in WvW and have them enjoy it and come back again or not hate it their first time out, we have them travel in larger groups. There will come a time where they will learn to fight smaller scale. It’s only smart to want to have their morale or willingness to be out there higher before they attempt those things. The higher that is the more likely they are to stick it out and learn.

I appreciate those putting forth the effort and/or learning from this experience even if it is your first time. I hope the newcomers keep coming out and enjoy WvW. Overall though most of the regulars and leaders are staying out of this fight to better prepare for future weeks or to take a break and not get burnt out. As people will notice if certain people don’t come out or encourage it others wont come out. It is nothing wrong with Yak’s mentality. It maybe an approach other servers don’t like, but you can’t blame them and I don’t. They do what they need to to enjoy the game.

I hope that these coming weeks get better for all servers and that we are matched up against the proper opponents soon. See you all out there.

Elochai Rendar 80 Warrior/Anskar Rendar 80 Necromancer/Rylea Rendar 80 Thief/Kento Rendar 80 Ranger
Commander

(edited by Elochai.1280)

in WvW

Posted by: Ordibble.3092

Ordibble.3092

It’s funny you say this because MANY other Yak’s Bend players have said the opposite.

Would that MANY be relative to the number of posters on this forum or to the WvW population as a whole? I know that Maggies have been in the YB citadel, but if you were conducting a survey into the state of mind of the average Yak, I’m afraid I missed it. So I would just like to belatedly let you know that I am currently all-aquiver and so deep in melancholy that even a jolly pink portal couldn’t get me out of it.

in WvW

GuardianOMS.8067

Would that MANY be relative to the number of posters on this forum or to the WvW population as a whole? I know that Maggies have been in the YB citadel, but if you were conducting a survey into the state of mind of the average Yak, I’m afraid I missed it. So I would just like to belatedly let you know that I am currently all-aquiver and so deep in melancholy that even a jolly pink portal couldn’t get me out of it.

Dude, I just said it was funny that lots of other Yak players have disagreed with what you just said. I didn’t say their voices were the law and the entire representation of your server. Take it down a notch.

in WvW

Posted by: Sol.4310

Sol.4310

Yak’s get away from our duelling area, we here out of the way don’t be bringing your zerg here to try kill us pack of wolf’s.

Real classy

Saizo Sol – Ranger
Twitch – Aussie Streamer

in WvW

Ordibble.3092

…with what you just said.

Who me? I know nothing, I see nothing, and I say nothing!

Take it down a notch.

But thanks for making my day. I feel much better now!

Attachments:

(edited by Ordibble.3092)

in WvW

GuardianOMS.8067

…with what you just said.

Who me? I know nothing, I see nothing, and I say nothing!

Take it down a notch.

But thanks for making my day. I feel much better now!

As long as you’re happy.

in WvW

Posted by: wisedog.5693

wisedog.5693

Mag commanders hard at work during boot camp

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: saiyr.3071

saiyr.3071

Almost everyone in Mumble right now (almost 200) is in one of the sessions. I think someone should golem rush something.

[DERP] Saiyr, “bff” of Sgt Killjoy

in WvW

Posted by: wads.5730

wads.5730

Mag commanders hard at work during boot camp

i like how there are commanders on the map in that picture

in WvW

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

Not too sure whats going on in IoJ BL tonight… event the commander is pretty complacent to do any capturing.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

in WvW

Tool.3749

Its not about defedning anything, it’s about that you guys are tno the gods of gaming. You have a zerg nothing more. You melted the same as every other zerg on every server. To claim otherwise is just foolish, but yet you continue to act like “your zerg” is somehow special. I understand that winning for Mag players is special, but its not special to anyone else. if like 20 of us held off like 200 of you for 4 hours. I wonder what 200 yaks on the map would have done.. we will never know though because it has never been worth our time to consider it.

in WvW

Posted by: saiyr.3071

saiyr.3071

Its not about defedning anything, it’s about that you guys are tno the gods of gaming. You have a zerg nothing more. You melted the same as every other zerg on every server. To claim otherwise is just foolish, but yet you continue to act like “your zerg” is somehow special. I understand that winning for Mag players is special, but its not special to anyone else. if like 20 of us held off like 200 of you for 4 hours. I wonder what 200 yaks on the map would have done.. we will never know though because it has never been worth our time to consider it.

You’re right, we didn’t beat you in the match with Dragonbrand

[DERP] Saiyr, “bff” of Sgt Killjoy

in WvW

Sol.4310

The zerg control squad would of showed up and killed you all.

Saizo Sol – Ranger
Twitch – Aussie Streamer

in WvW

Posted by: Monztor.9207

Monztor.9207

Its a bit late, but the results of commander training showing. How many commanders does it take to beat a break out event?

Attachments:

in WvW

Ordibble.3092

Its a bit late, but the results of commander training showing. How many commanders does it take to beat a break out event?

Maguuma, the non-zerg server who brought you stacking now introduces the new and improved Commander Zerg! Embrace the zerg! It’s good for your fun levels.

in WvW

Monztor.9207

We do it classy here in Maguuma. We do it for Great Lord Flame Ram

in WvW

Posted by: Braxxus.2904

Braxxus.2904

We do it classy here in Maguuma.

Yeah…. classy.

If it meant the exact opposite of the definition of the word.

Blackwater Vanguard
Yaks Bend

in WvW

Posted by: Stoneslammer.3650

Stoneslammer.3650

200 Mags couldnt take out 20 Yaks? Ummm you sure you wanna stick to that story? As well what is not worth your time? Actually fielding a team out there? Not sure what that means exactly.

I for one would be real happy to see 200 Yakers out there. Awful boring as it is right now and if 20 Yaks can hold off 200 Magumers then it sure be way worth your time to come out and had our arses to us.

Snipburz-Maguuma-TWT

in WvW

Monztor.9207

Yeah…. classy.

Rephrased to “We troll in everything here in Maguuma”

in WvW

Posted by: Stoneslammer.3650

Stoneslammer.3650

Yeah…. classy.

Why be classy when you can be Gaudy?

Snipburz-Maguuma-TWT

in WvW

Posted by: CrassBippy.4619

CrassBippy.4619

new name, zerguuma? fight club?

Bi Furious [Fist] YB

in WvW

Tool.3749

Take it for what it is. Up to this match there has never been a point in time where Yaks saw Maguuma as a threat. Vultures? yes. You guys would come and scoop up what you could while we were busy with Ebay or DB. Even the week you beat us, we were more worried about how to defend from the DB oceanic crew that took our stuff every night. Not Mag.

Really the tower defense wasnt all that fun. I spammed ground targets at a zerg for 4 hours and got some badges.

in WvW

Braxxus.2904

Yeah…. classy.

Rephrased to “We troll in everything here in Maguuma”

Yeah, I keep forgetting it’s the Goon server and I should know better.

Blackwater Vanguard
Yaks Bend

in WvW

Posted by: Javy.1697

Javy.1697

G…Goons ruin everything!!!!!!

in WvW

Braxxus.2904

G…Goons ruin everything!!!!!!

Given their history in games… pretty close. But that’s not really relevant so… moving on.

How bout those battles tonight? Owait, Magzergma sitting outside every spawn with massive “can’t see them cause of lolculling until you’ve been nuked to death running out of the gate the first time” aren’t really ‘battles’.

Blackwater Vanguard
Yaks Bend

in WvW

Posted by: Roughneck.2509

Roughneck.2509

That raises the question: can you collect more tears with a massive zerg, or by camping jumping puzzles?

in WvW

Braxxus.2904

That raises the question: can you collect more tears with a massive zerg, or by camping jumping puzzles?

Massive zergs that ruin a bracket I would guess. Only the parttimers really care about the jumping puzzles, the real wuvwuv players are on the field where it matters.

Blackwater Vanguard
Yaks Bend

in WvW

Posted by: CrassBippy.4619

CrassBippy.4619

check out this mad skillz by zerguuma. mostly [ILL] [ME] and some others. I miss old maguuma

http://postimage.org/delete/tf4az2vz0/

Bi Furious [Fist] YB

in WvW

Posted by: Neves.2905

Neves.2905

Maguuma, the non-zerg server who brought you stacking now introduces the new and improved Commander Zerg! Embrace the zerg! It’s good for your fun levels.

OMG Commmander Zzzzerg! LMAO! SO true. Hey YB and IoJ, the real players on Maguuma were holding down the EB. At the end of my shift, I talked to a YB Commander who PMed me and congratulated Maguuma on our play. Good sports even though we do spawn camp them and choo-choo over them when we get rolling, but so do you guys! Anyway, YB, you tried to brute force Overlook and we pushed you back, you’re going to get camped for a minute. Any action has an equal and opposite reaction. >:)

in WvW

Posted by: kfarb.6732

kfarb.6732

The King of Maguuma has spoken.

With Great Respect And Admiration,
Do It Two It
:)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Maguuma – considered by many to be the best

in WvW

Posted by: Pichichi.1975

Pichichi.1975

The King of Maguuma has spoken.

With Great Respect And Admiration,
Do It Two It
:)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

You’re drunk~~ go home <3

Tukuku – Mesmer / Mimiyukii -Thief / Sailor Mimi – Necromancer
[DERP] [iRez]

in WvW

Braxxus.2904

YB, you tried to brute force Overlook and we pushed you back, you’re going to get camped for a minute. Any action has an equal and opposite reaction. >:)

lol 12 people is brute forcing it… vs 30+ magzergmas. Yeah, hokay. /eyeroll

Blackwater Vanguard
Yaks Bend

in WvW

Sol.4310

The Life of an OG, http://youtu.be/Cf4BpfDKtEo.

Some footage from today, in Yak’s BL was fun. Some OG team fights and some solo ranger roaming.

Saizo Sol – Ranger
Twitch – Aussie Streamer

in WvW

Monztor.9207

Btw for those who didn’t understand the picture I put up, the commander training was going on and the workshop happened to be near by so everyone popped their commander tags to confuse anyone who happened to be looking for the commander icon xD commander zerg ftw

in WvW

Posted by: shagworth.5017

shagworth.5017

Yeah…. classy.

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Mortalitas.9710

Mortalitas.9710

The week is winding down and reset is upon us. Good luck everyone hope next week is better for all. May your servers reunite and smash faces together in glee full joy. Also please check out Buddahtribe.net an online gaming community for all regardless of server. Or like us on Facebook search Buddahtribe ! Yes a shameless plug indeed good luck everyone.

E. BlackThorn Mesmer

in WvW

cesmode.4257

Do you Yaks folks think a Yaks vs IoJ vs (insert server here) would be a good matchup?

I think if we didnt have the massive guuma zergs on every map that we could actually have some decent battles and maybe a halfway balanced map. I still think even Yaks outnumbers us, but at least we’ll have a fighting chance

in WvW

Posted by: Pendragon.8735

Pendragon.8735

^ I don’t know, a lot of Yaks are just preparing for the next matchup at this point, or leveling alts and such. I’m sure we could carve out more points if we wanted, just most don’t want spend money or effort when the score gap is so large. If IoJ has many doing the same, then maybe. But if this is close to what IoJ has to field at this point, then probably not. But it doesn’t really matter because a rematch is not likely unless IoJ does major stomping down below this tier, which will likely require a new round of recruiting that will be very hard to do with paid transfers hitting soon.

in WvW

Posted by: Neves.2905

Neves.2905

YB, you tried to brute force Overlook and we pushed you back, you’re going to get camped for a minute. Any action has an equal and opposite reaction. >:)

lol 12 people is brute forcing it… vs 30+ magzergmas. Yeah, hokay. /eyeroll

Were you even there? YB portal bombed north gate with two golems, pushed with another golem and there were at least 30 Yaks, maybe more – I couldn’t see because of culling. Hokay?

(edited by Neves.2905)

in WvW

cesmode.4257

I know someone with the last name of Neves. Works at the same company as I.

Small world.