Megaserver

Megaserver

in WvW

Posted by: yanniell.1236

yanniell.1236

From the guy with 24/7 coverage. Why am I not surprised?

[HUE]

Megaserver

in WvW

Posted by: Jeff.5139

Jeff.5139

Taking everything into account it seems to me that they want to merge the servers without actually merging them.

RNG will then probably be blamed as to why you happen to keep ending up with people from a particular server that has the same color as you for the week in WvW or a server that would normally be ripe for a merger.

The result would be:
1. No bad PR for server mergers
2. Less maintenance cost for empty maps and servers
3. EoTM as ANET’s WvW of choice, which could be manipulated to address coverage
4. WvW Guilds buying & spending a lot of gems for transfers in a recruitment war as the abolishing of Server identity will give non-WvW folk even less reason to try WvW
5. An acceleration of the natural server death sans the bad PR as empty WvW tiers would simply be classified as the small roaming Tiers.

Megaserver

in WvW

Posted by: Karuna.1357

Karuna.1357

The majority of servers actually coordinate and have groups of guilds that work together and have strove hard to work together and to get where they are.

To suddenly make that mean nothing would be a huge turn off to all of those players.

Has nothing to do with coverage and everything to do with how certain people prefer to play this game.

Guild Leader/Commander, the Everlasting Sacred Path [ESP]
Tarnished Coast
http://www.espguild.com

Megaserver

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

The majority of servers actually coordinate and have groups of guilds that work together and have strove hard to work together and to get where they are.

To suddenly make that mean nothing would be a huge turn off to all of those players.

Has nothing to do with coverage and everything to do with how certain people prefer to play this game.

This a million times. The community built up over working together will be completely ruined by any removal of the server system. Believe it or not, there are a lot of people with server pride

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

Megaserver

in WvW

Posted by: ethier.3417

ethier.3417

I know we don’t really speak well of the CDIs at times, but they did make a post addressing how they understand the World Identity is too important based on player feedback, so I don’t know that they would change something in that direction. Of course all we can do for now is speculate.

To quell speculation early, that is not what we are doing. The announcement will have more info, but we are absolutely not getting rid of worlds and putting everyone into an EotM type system.

Thank god, That’d be the last straw for me.

Here’s hoping it’s improvements to server wide lag, while increasing AoE hit cap. One can dream.

Also, Arrow Carts can they be removed from the game already.

Ethier 80 Necro Callous Philosophy [LaG]

Megaserver

in WvW

Posted by: akanibbles.6237

akanibbles.6237

TC if you are going to complain, at least do it in character.

Edit: grammar nanny told me so.

(edited by akanibbles.6237)

Megaserver

in WvW

Posted by: Karuna.1357

Karuna.1357

TC is you are going to complain, at least do it in character.

Is that even English? I’m not opposed to answering you in other languages, just not sure what rules of grammar we are following here.

Guild Leader/Commander, the Everlasting Sacred Path [ESP]
Tarnished Coast
http://www.espguild.com

Megaserver

in WvW

Posted by: goldenwing.8473

goldenwing.8473

I suspect “is” = typo’d “if”.

BG: 52 alts, 29 lvl 80’s. They all look good, so I am done with the game: Oct 2014

Megaserver

in WvW

Posted by: Lorelei.3918

Lorelei.3918

Reminds me of O brother where art thou “Is you IS, or is you NOT, my constituency??”

Megaserver

in WvW

akanibbles.6237

I’d really like to see EU and NA servers merged. Don’t see the reason to have them separated as it would help remove ‘coverage issues’. As for lag/latency…aren’t all these servers in Texas anyhow, so what is the difference?

The fact they are moving to a megaserver should be a good time to look into this. We can still rep servers, they will just be called factions. Would make the leagues a bit more entertaining – ie. more than 6 factions in Gold League.

Megaserver

in WvW

akanibbles.6237

TC is you are going to complain, at least do it in character.

Is that even English? I’m not opposed to answering you in other languages, just not sure what rules of grammar we are following here.

meh, tis fubar

Megaserver

in WvW

Posted by: Distaste.4801

Distaste.4801

Factions is the solution for the worst WvW problem: coverage wars. It can’t come soon enough.

If you want to see the collapse of the entire game, then sure.

I’m already watching the game collapse. That’s what puzzles me about the people trying to stand by server pride. Server after server collapsing, people jumping from server to server to stack them, and most matchups being a complete blowout. Yet server pride > the overall WvW health. Let’s continue with server pride though, it’s done a real bang up job so far!

Megaserver

in WvW

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

Factions is the solution for the worst WvW problem: coverage wars. It can’t come soon enough.

I’m already watching the game collapse. That’s what puzzles me about the people trying to stand by server pride. Server after server collapsing, people jumping from server to server to stack them, and most matchups being a complete blowout. Yet server pride > the overall WvW health. Let’s continue with server pride though, it’s done a real bang up job so far!

Lol yeah that server pride excuse didn’t make sense when it was brought up in the CDI either, it’s pretty obvious by the way people jump ship for rewards that people generally don’t care about server pride as much as they try and act like they do. And the best part of any community is that you can rebuild or it can adapt to new members, it just takes time.

If they were to merge some servers today two months from now after the whining died down everything would be fine.

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

Megaserver

in WvW

Posted by: fedecane.6259

fedecane.6259

I don’t want to be too optimistic here but if they’re sparing quite a lot of server power cutting by some orders of magnitude the overall number of PVE instances… they could have the server-power to raise/remove the ridiculous 5-man AoE cap that now can’t be touched because of lacking said server power! :O

With consequent zergball gameplay being not so much appetible anymore! This COULD be interesting! cross fingers

Megaserver

in WvW

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

I know we don’t really speak well of the CDIs at times, but they did make a post addressing how they understand the World Identity is too important based on player feedback, so I don’t know that they would change something in that direction. Of course all we can do for now is speculate.

To quell speculation early, that is not what we are doing. The announcement will have more info, but we are absolutely not getting rid of worlds and putting everyone into an EotM type system.

This ; ‘there will be no balance changes during a wvw season’, makes me distrust anything anyone says from ANet.

More likely is they are bringing in ‘megaserver’ to save on running costs/free up capacity for another game- I’ll be amazed if any of that capacity is used to get rid of the huge lag that happens in wvw and has been happening since day one.

There will be little to no consideration given to how any changes affect wvw (the coming damage stat changes being a case in point) and Devon will as usual be left on his own to try and put a gloss on the bad news.

Their metrics tell them there are way more AP hunters swallowing every LS than there are wvw players, so that’s where the resources will go.

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)

Megaserver

in WvW

Posted by: Jimmy JimBob.2801

Jimmy JimBob.2801

Lol yeah that server pride excuse didn’t make sense when it was brought up in the CDI either, it’s pretty obvious by the way people jump ship for rewards that people generally don’t care about server pride as much as they try and act like they do. And the best part of any community is that you can rebuild or it can adapt to new members, it just takes time.

If they were to merge some servers today two months from now after the whining died down everything would be fine.

Just because some people and guilds transfer around and bounce from server to server doesn’t mean there aren’t those of us who do care. I’ve been on my server since early access, and know and still play with some of the same people since the start. I think of my server in the same way as my favourite sports teams, and when I can’t play due to RL commitments I still follow the scores and feel happy when we do well… in the same way I have some pretty strong feelings against other servers and guilds who we’ve had clashes with in the past. Forcing us to play with those same people would be like merging Manchester United with Manchester City for the good of english football.

If our servers are ripped apart then I probably won’t come back into wvw

Megaserver

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

This is very sad news and a bad design decision. The only 2 options I see left on the table are grouping servers together on one side and of course just merging servers. The first option will not in anyway fix the coverage problem as SEA/EU coverage will still be on 1-2 servers. The second option effectively destroys the server communities of all but 3 worlds and once again does not fix the coverage issue. Maybe if you bring EU servers into the fold, but I believe long ago that was stated as not possible.

Unless of course you don’t think there is a problem with current population/coverage issues…that of course means we have an even bigger issue. Then again you guys thought another WvW tournament was a good idea, it’s not even a tournament since higher wvw population servers win, almost all current matchups are blowouts that are in no way fun. That of of course brings us back to the question then of, what are you going to do about the population/coverage issues that basically ruin any competition in WvW?

You are completely wrong. This is a great decision. Just because you do not have any server pride, a lot of others do.

Where you are correct is that longer term population differences need to be taken into account. Personally, I’d prefer to see a change to the scoring system to address that.

Megaserver

in WvW

style.6173

This a million times. The community built up over working together will be completely ruined by any removal of the server system. Believe it or not, there are a lot of people with server pride

Agreed completely

Megaserver

in WvW

style.6173

I was thinking about how WvW could benefit from the megaserver system. As I have said earlier, combining servers is a bad idea. I enjoy fighting with the same people every day. So, how can we take advantage of the new megaserver system? easy.

Integrate OS into the megaserver concept.

The why:
Imagine the GvG scene when you can literally fight any other guild within your region (NA or EU). Right now, you have to get into the same matchup. With this new system in place, you can literally fight anyone, including other guilds on your same server. It would be fun.

Megaserver

in WvW

Posted by: titanlectro.5029

titanlectro.5029

My server only significantly collapsed once since free transfers went away. That collapse turned out the be the catalyst for making an awesome community that a great many people worked very hard to build. We are proud of what we have accomplished.

We are not loyal to some stupid string of characters called “server name.” We love the community we have built. We have built real relationships, and made real sacrifices to make that community a success.

To everyone arguing against server identity, I say this:

Just because YOUR server sucks, does not mean that every server sucks. A great many of us have built communities that are worth fighting for. If the need arises, we will fight to preserve them.

Gate of Madness | Leader – Phoenix Ascendant [ASH]
Niniyl (Ele) | Barah (Eng) | Luthiyn (War) | Niennya (Thf)
This is my Trahearne’s story

(edited by titanlectro.5029)

Megaserver

in WvW

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

EotM is pretty lame. Karmatraining blobs with players that never interact and will likely never see eachother again.

What we need is simply GvGvG…

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

Megaserver

in WvW

Posted by: Flytrap.8075

Flytrap.8075

So, I couldn’t help but notice that the blog post had only one very small blurb about WvW and all it basically said was that nothing is changing.

I’d just like to know why you couldn’t tell us this yesterday instead of creating needless forum drama.

Fort Aspenwood | [Bags]

Megaserver

in WvW

Posted by: Isaac.6041

Isaac.6041

Yes today’s blog about WvW didn’t provide much information at all.

Megaserver

in WvW

Flytrap.8075

Yes today’s blog about WvW didn’t provide much information at all.

It provided literally no information.

Honestly, that last blog post isn’t even warranted because it’s not included in the feature patch and vaguely mentions plans that may or may not come to fruition at some undisclosed point in the future.

Fort Aspenwood | [Bags]

Megaserver

in WvW

Isaac.6041

Well the good thing is they’re finally going to combine guild influence and upgrades across worlds into one. But there may still be a EU and NA split because they said they were still splitting EU and NA for megaservers.

With guilds no longer having to worry about rebuilding guild upgrades on a new server, that might encourage a few more world transfers.

However, many guilds were transferring because of PVE issues as well which won’t be an issue anymore with the new megaserver system.

So as a whole, it seems that people are going to pick servers based on 1) name or 2) WvW performance or community.

Gem prices for world transfers also might go up or down.

Megaserver

in WvW

Posted by: Catastrophin.3928

Catastrophin.3928

Well thank you for a blog with absolutly no Information at all.
I would have loved some Information about how to get new People to join wvw or take part in a wvw Event if you have no where you can recruit them.

Megaserver

in WvW

Isaac.6041

Also, it seems like to guesting function won’t be needed at all with the new megaservers. BUT maybe they could allow guesting between NA and EU that would be great.

Megaserver

in WvW

Posted by: PookieDaWombat.6209

PookieDaWombat.6209

Yeah, recruitment is going to be a PITA. I’m really glad they’ve restated that world identity isn’t going to change for WvW, but trying to recruit people both for the guild and for WvW is going to be problematic.

[OTR] – Greck Howlbane – Guardian
Soraya Mayhew – Thief
Melissa Koris – Engie – SF for Life!

Megaserver

in WvW

Posted by: titanlectro.5029

titanlectro.5029

I recommend that we take our thoughts to the thread linked below, and be vocal about it. They will be collecting/summarizing this feedback and delivering it to the devs.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Feedback-Questions-The-Megaserver-System-Guilds-and-the-Future/first#post3852882

Gate of Madness | Leader – Phoenix Ascendant [ASH]
Niniyl (Ele) | Barah (Eng) | Luthiyn (War) | Niennya (Thf)
This is my Trahearne’s story

Megaserver

in WvW

Posted by: chronometria.3708

chronometria.3708

So, with the new change, guilds are now cross realm….except when they WvW.

This means that:

1. WvW guilds now have to actively check what server people “come from”.

2. Normal guilds will now often be on several sides on a WvW battle at once.

This is….I don’t even know what this is.

Megaserver

in WvW

Flytrap.8075

This means that:

It sounds like a cluster !@#$.

Fort Aspenwood | [Bags]

Megaserver

in WvW

Posted by: chronometria.3708

chronometria.3708

Lets face it, our homes are gone. It is only a matter of time before wvw is changed to match the reality of cross realm guilds, events….and everything.

Megaserver

in WvW

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

It seems that there are two groups of WvW players … those that preferred balanced matches and those that preferred a sense of server identity (we can’t really have both under the current server structure). Given that far and away the most requested WvW CDI last fall was the one on population imbalance, and given that the prevailing sentiment in this thread seems to be in favor or retaining server identity, I’m guessing that just about everyone who wanted balanced matches has already bailed for a different game.

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

Megaserver

in WvW

Posted by: lousiest.6754

lousiest.6754

This means that:

Don’t see how this is any different from what we have today, and how the patch changes anything.

WvW guilds today already ensure that their members come from the same home server, no?

Megaserver

in WvW

Posted by: ManaCraft.5630

ManaCraft.5630

It seems that there are two groups of WvW players … those that preferred balanced matches and those that preferred a sense of server identity (we can’t really have both under the current server structure). Given that far and away the most requested WvW CDI last fall was the one on population imbalance, and given that the prevailing sentiment in this thread seems to be in favor or retaining server identity, I’m guessing that just about everyone who wanted balanced matches has already bailed for a different game.

This pretty much sums it up for me. For the players who prefer the current system, the future is safe and sound. For those who prefer balanced matchups, it’s time to look elsewhere.

If there’s one good thing that has come of this it’s that a.net has now made their stance on WvW abundantly clear. And we can act accordingly.

Megaserver

in WvW

Posted by: Kraag Deadsoul.2789

Kraag Deadsoul.2789

From the blogpost dated April 3rd, 2014:

" The Megaserver System and the Future of WvW

Though we are moving to our new megaserver model in PvE, it’s extremely important to us that we maintain the level of identity and competition in WvW that we’ve established since the release of Guild Wars 2. The entire game mode is based on battles between different players aligned to the named worlds, and as such we have no plans to remove this concept from WvW."

This is encouraging news; I’m glad to see WvW identity and server-pride will be maintained. However, this brings up a question.

How will guild chat be handled in WvW following the PvE Megaserver rollout?

The motivation for asking this question is the following scenario:

• Guild Shiny Happy People is on server X.
  • A portion – but not all – of the membership of guild [SHP] transfers to server Y.
  • [SHP] now maintains two chapters of the same guild on two separate worlds.
  • The Megaserver rollout occurs and the two chapters of [SHP] – one on server X and the other on server Y – are merged into one per the blog:

" With the new megaserver system, you’ll find it infinitely easier to play with all of your guildmates—and better yet, someday you’ll simply have one guild!

Because worlds no longer separate players, we’ll eventually make sure that guilds are no longer separated either, that every guild member will be contributing to and benefitting from the same unified guild chapter."

• As world/server identity will be preserved for WvW, what happens when the [SHP] members who were on server X enter WvW, use guild chat (now unified across worlds per the above), and their guildmates on server Y can read what they’re typing? Especially worrisome if server X and server Y are pitted against each other in the same WvW matchup.

The above is not a hypothetical scenario, either; it’s happened on the server on which I play. Seventy percent of the membership of a WvW guild transferred to another server. The thirty percent who remained behind are still maintaining a chapter of the same guild and remain active in WvW.

So many souls, so little time. ~ Kraag Deadsoul

Megaserver

in WvW

Posted by: Jocksy.3415

Jocksy.3415

Though we are moving to our new megaserver model in PvE, it’s extremely important to us that we maintain the level of identity and competition in WvW that we’ve established since the release of Guild Wars 2. The entire game mode is based on battles between different players aligned to the named worlds, and as such we have no plans to remove this concept from WvW."

This is encouraging news; I’m glad to see WvW identity and server-pride will be maintained. However, this brings up a question.

• A portion – but not all – of the membership of guild [SHP] transfers to server Y.
  • The Megaserver rollout occurs and the two chapters of [SHP] – one on server X and the other on server Y – are merged into one per the blog:

" With the new megaserver system, you’ll find it infinitely easier to play with all of your guildmates—and better yet, someday you’ll simply have one guild!

Because worlds no longer separate players, we’ll eventually make sure that guilds are no longer separated either, that every guild member will be contributing to and benefitting from the same unified guild chapter."

• As world/server identity will be preserved for WvW, what happens when the [SHP] members who were on server X enter WvW, use guild chat (now unified across worlds per the above), and their guildmates on server Y can read what they’re typing? Especially worrisome if server X and server Y are pitted against each other in the same WvW matchup.

The above is not a hypothetical scenario, either; it’s happened on the server on which I play. Seventy percent of the membership of a WvW guild transferred to another server. The thirty percent who remained behind are still maintaining a chapter of the same guild and remain active in WvW.

Guild chat is guild chat…
WvW chat is not.
don’t put in guild chat what you don’t want the other faction to not know…

Megaserver

in WvW

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

May as well lock this thread now…seeing as there’s no change and WvW is not being effected in anyway by the MEGASERVER.

Megaserver

in WvW

Kraag Deadsoul.2789

Guild chat is guild chat…
WvW chat is not.
don’t put in guild chat what you don’t want the other faction to not know…

I’m well aware of the distinction between /g, /m, and /t chat channels. Some guilds will use guild chat instead of /m or /t when running a guild group so as to better coordinate amongst each other as well as avoid cluttering and confusing the /m and /t chat channels. If the coming Megaserver rollout potentially makes guild chat a liability in WvW, then I hope the devs have taken that into consideration and have a solution available.

Telling a guild to just use a voice chat system is not a solution, either (to preempt those who would suggest this). The game needs to stand on its own without relying on a 3rd party application to resolve an internal conflict, error, or short-coming. If the Megaserver system now makes guild chat an insecure method of communication in WvW, that needs to be addressed within the boundaries of the game itself.

Megaserver

in WvW

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

How is the guild chat from a potentially all-in-one guild any different from the current guild chat though?

It is already fully possible to use guild chat (or whisper, or party chat) to talk across servers, how will mega-servers suddenly make it worse?

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Megaserver

in WvW

Kraag Deadsoul.2789

How is the guild chat from a potentially all-in-one guild any different from the current guild chat though?

It is already fully possible to use guild chat (or whisper, or party chat) to talk across servers, how will mega-servers suddenly make it worse?

There’s a subtle distinction between the current situation and the potential situation as will exist with the Megaserver rollout:

Current Scenario

• I create a guild on server X.
  • I recruit members for whom server X is their home world because those are the only players who can join the guild chapter that exists on server X.
  • I transfer to server Y and create a new chapter of the guild there.
  • I recruit members for whom server Y is their home world because those are the only players who can join the guild chapter that exists on server Y.
  • Server X and server Y are pitted against each other in a WvW match. I know the potential exists for the guild’s members on server X to read the guild chat of those communicating with each other on server Y. It’s a known risk if we choose to continue using guild chat while in WvW.
  • Alternately, if I restrict my guild to just one server and never transfer, then I know that the members of my guild are all on the same server, as well. I never have to worry about guild chat introducing a communications breach with an enemy server while in WvW.

The Scenario Following the Megaserver Rollout

• I create a guild.
  • I recruit members but – as it’s all one Megaserver with regards to PvE – I can’t know what home world players represent when they enter WvW (unless that’s an added feature yet to be revealed to us).
  • Members of the guild who reside on the same home world with regards to WvW use guild chat while in WvW.
  • There’s no way to know – with what has been revealed to date – if members of the guild representing different home worlds in WvW are eavesdroping on the guild chat of those on the same home world and vice versa.

It’s a case of an unintended consequence which I hope the devs have taken into consideration with the Megaserver rollout.

(edited by Kraag Deadsoul.2789)

Megaserver

in WvW

clint.5681

You are right

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior

Megaserver

in WvW

Posted by: Jocksy.3415

Jocksy.3415

You are right

I’m on AR (EU), last of gold, we get steam rolled… I’m all for balanced match-up, ankitten ot speaking of a reality I know nothing about…
But I’m still against forced mergers and playing with unknown people.
Seeing it’s position in league, it’s hard for my server to recruit, but we do, and a guild is moving over this week.
I do not believe it’s all up to Anet to do what needs to be done for balanced games. They can take measure that would help, like progressive transfer rates, but in the end, it’s up to us, the players, to balance things out.

I know situation is worst in NA, where there is a big difference in server population, even when servers are next to each other in ratings. But this is not Anet’s doing; it’s players who do that.

From what I heard, even games using factions have differences in population between one and the others (one being way higher that both others).

There is no miracle solutions. Only us, the players, can solve it.
Always waiting on someone else to solve our problems is never going to get us any where…

Megaserver

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

It’s pretty clear they’re going to get rid of servers a la EoTM. They just won’t admit it at the moment in order to keep people from jumping ship right now to the new MMOs coming out.

With megaservers rendering servers obsolete in PvE, servers in WvW is going to be unsustainable — people won’t even know what WvW server they’re on.

The failed EoTM is the future of WvW.

Megaserver

in WvW

Kraag Deadsoul.2789

How will WvW bonuses be handled if the concept of home server or world is eliminated in PvE? Will the bonuses now only apply to players while in WvW?

Megaserver

in WvW

Posted by: Berk.8561

Berk.8561

It’s terrible news for WvW. So many of us go to LA or Gendarran Fields to ask for help in WvW when it’s needed. Just going to screw a lot of PvE heavy servers over

This problem could be mitigated if we were provided with a “server chat” option that would only go out to people on our home server for things like this and guild recruiting, since that will still be server-based, too.

Kerzic [CoI] – Ranger – Eredon Terrace

Megaserver

in WvW

Posted by: Becka Williams.4978

Becka Williams.4978

How many cross server guilds are there, anyways? Most guilds want maximum influence, and so they don’t tend to recruit from other servers. This seems like it doesn’t make sense.

Megaserver

in WvW

clint.5681

How will WvW bonuses be handled if the concept of home server or world is eliminated in PvE? Will the bonuses now only apply to players while in WvW?

The bonus will still be based on home your home world is doing in wvw just like now.

Megaserver

in WvW

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

I have a bad feeling EotM is foreshadowing what a megaserver will do to WvW. I have so many problems with EotM. I don’t want to fight in big battles with a bunch of random players against a bunch of random players, I want to fight with my server’s guilds against another server’s guilds. When I kill someone roaming I want them to know it was from Fort Aspenwood, not from “green”.

I hope I’m reading too much in to this.

Server against server = Bragging rights and fun

Red against Green against Blue = boring run to a fight that doesn’t produce any good feelings for your server… none

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

Megaserver

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

I have a bad feeling EotM is foreshadowing what a megaserver will do to WvW. I have so many problems with EotM. I don’t want to fight in big battles with a bunch of random players against a bunch of random players, I want to fight with my server’s guilds against another server’s guilds. When I kill someone roaming I want them to know it was from Fort Aspenwood, not from “green”.

I hope I’m reading too much in to this.

This is almost certainly the direction that they’re moving towards — whether they admit it or not.