NA T1 needs more balance

NA T1 needs more balance

in WvW

Posted by: EremiteAngel.9765

EremiteAngel.9765

The other tiers in NA looks great.
So close and exciting!
But T1…look at the huge difference in score.
2nd and 3rd place depends largely on who BG decides to side with =/

Scourge Demo Weekend Roaming Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsby6rYkxS8

NA T1 needs more balance

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Then spread out. Stop thinking T1 actually means the best tier.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

NA T1 needs more balance

in WvW

Posted by: LordEnki.9283

LordEnki.9283

You can thank the Anet leak of server matches for this cluster kitten. BG, used the info to get stacked for free. Now Anet has moved on and considers the issue fixed.

NA T1 needs more balance

in WvW

Posted by: yanniell.1236

yanniell.1236

And to think that when all those guilds left BG months ago, everyone of them were sure that BG would die and fall down the tiers. T1 would be a happy place with the might “I’ve always been in T1” JQ, TC “for the toast” and “Siege” Bends.

Now all of them are just a shadow of their former self, while Beastgate reigns absolute.

Funny how life is.

[HUE]

NA T1 needs more balance

in WvW

Posted by: EremiteAngel.9765

EremiteAngel.9765

honestly, BG is owning mainly because ND guild returned to BG.
Any server that ND joins, you can be sure that they will become twice as strong.

10 ND members led by Hasax can take out 2-3 times their size easily.

Scourge Demo Weekend Roaming Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsby6rYkxS8

NA T1 needs more balance

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

BG came out of hibergate mode and will probably go back into it soon enough.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

NA T1 needs more balance

in WvW

Posted by: Lurock Turoth.9085

Lurock Turoth.9085

Honestly wait and see how this week goes, DB isn’t at T1 numbers, TC and YB should be much closer, fighting to actual T1 servers should bring BG’s numbers into line.

Alternately I’m wrong and BG will eat them both!

Angst Hex, [FLOT] BG Havoc/Roaming
http://www.twitch.tv/disasterdrew

NA T1 needs more balance

in WvW

Posted by: Hexalot.8194

Hexalot.8194

So close and exciting!

Eh… BG hates them both (YB & TC but especially YB) and likewise, they both hate BG. Most likely scenario… an alliance between the two T1 wannabes.

(edited by Hexalot.8194)

NA T1 needs more balance

in WvW

Posted by: Dtorx.7813

Dtorx.7813

If bg is better why do they need to team up with tc and double team YB ?

when you see 50 tc to your left and 50 bg to your right and they don’t fight each other
but only fight YB that don’t make anyone think bg have what it takes !

Call bg better then YB, and then they need to team up and double team to face YB,
what is that for an IQ ?
Truth is, they are just not men enough to face YB without double teaming !

And when they do that, They are what everyone know they are – a kitten server.

So I don’t think you can compare a real wvw server like YB with a kitten servers
that needs to team and double team against YB before they can face YB.

So bg is only on the top do to who BG decides to side with =/

men without balls vs Men with balls don’t compare !

Dtorx.com

(edited by Dtorx.7813)

NA T1 needs more balance

in WvW

Posted by: Thel.9087

Thel.9087

when you see 50 tc to your left and 50 bg to your right and they don’t fight each other

Call bg better then YB, and then they need to team up and double team to face YB,
what is that for an IQ ?

So I don’t think you can compare a real wvw server like YB with a kitten servers

What is hilarious is the total lack of impartiality in what you’re saying, maybe you and other people should stop trash-talking first, calm yourselves and truly think about what you’re posting don’t you think?

I don’t know about TC, but as for YB there was already a topic complaining about it and it got locked, you should check some of the posts there: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/What-happened-to-Yaks-Bend/page/2#post6133648

NA T1 needs more balance

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

Oh are we doing one of these this week? K.

Whispers with meat.

NA T1 needs more balance

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

So close and exciting!

What huge difference in score?

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

NA T1 needs more balance

in WvW

Posted by: Yuffi.2430

Yuffi.2430

You probably didn’t notice but ET was already on their way up before the server linking. They had good coverage and plenty of active players in a range of time zones. The only reason they were still in T8 was because of the glicko cliff they had been climbing for weeks.

So whichever higher tier server got ET was always going to gain a boost.
Now look at T1 at the time of linking. BG were in 3rd place. You can’t give them AR – linking bottom with bottom doesn’t look right, and then you’d have to put AR with YB (first place) or JQ (second place). Anet matched 1-3, 2-2 and 3-1 so that it would even the populations.

And then BG woke up a bit…
and ET carried on playing well…

Also bear in mind that the current matches are changing faster than ever before. It’s not so long ago that players were posting about how stagnant T1 was and how it was all rigged to keep other servers out. That’s certainly not true now. Be careful what you wish for here – Anet read these posts.

NA T1 needs more balance

in WvW

Posted by: Ali.7041

Ali.7041

I find it funny how you constantly sit, and moan on forums. In fact its more entertaining than cancer forums nowadays. You talk like number of players on a server is what is driving BG right now, when in fact last week TC outnumbered us on all maps during EU, and we still held them off in many of our engagements, not just that but we also out ppt’d them on most occasions during their strongest timezone. Let’s talk reset when all maps are queued, thus players in maps are equal.. do you still think its a numbers issue when you’re loosing against BG in the opening hour?

(edited by Ali.7041)

NA T1 needs more balance

in WvW

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

You can thank the Anet leak of server matches for this cluster kitten. BG, used the info to get stacked for free. Now Anet has moved on and considers the issue fixed.

So did TC.

NA T1 needs more balance

in WvW

Posted by: wyther.8372

wyther.8372

Tier 1 is balanced fine. The servers do things a bit different though. TC farms BG for hours upon hours on end not bothering to take stuff. BG just blobs its way along until the enemy dwindles in numbers then it finally gets ahead. Commanding is generally lousy, tactics are almost non existent for all servers outside of maybe 1 commander per server and they aren’t on often ( or at least not the past couple weeks). Blob on blob is sloppy at best and creates sloppy lazy play and that is what tier 1 is. I think tier 1 likes it that way, so if you think tactically this is NOT the tier for you. Any of those servers who gets a decent commander who actually starts using tactics will wipe the floor of his opponents even with half the numbers. yes, you might “lose” the matchup according to the score, but what does that matter if you win almost every single engagement you enter?

You can actually see this when a good commander for any of the servers does show up, its hysterically funny to the point of wetting your pants seeing the fights so one sided even if the good commander is outgunned 2-1.

Gilkin – Ex Commander for ET server

(edited by wyther.8372)

NA T1 needs more balance

in WvW

Posted by: Chinchilla.1785

Chinchilla.1785

Tier 1 is balanced fine. The servers do things a bit different though. TC farms BG for hours upon hours on end not bothering to take stuff. BG just blobs its way along until the enemy dwindles in numbers then it finally gets ahead. Commanding is generally lousy, tactics are almost non existent for all servers outside of maybe 1 commander per server and they aren’t on often ( or at least not the past couple weeks). Blob on blob is sloppy at best and creates sloppy lazy play and that is what tier 1 is. I think tier 1 likes it that way, so if you think tactically this is NOT the tier for you. Any of those servers who gets a decent commander who actually starts using tactics will wipe the floor of his opponents even with half the numbers. yes, you might “lose” the matchup according to the score, but what does that matter if you win almost every single engagement you enter?

You can actually see this when a good commander for any of the servers does show up, its hysterically funny to the point of wetting your pants seeing the fights so one sided even if the good commander is outgunned 2-1.

I think OP speaks from OCX and SEA timezone (considering he praised Kin Bear and HIRE in another post, who command during that timezone). Yes, BG has massive sea that returned to the game when the old map came back.

During NA however the fights were fine. RISE/OnS held out and won against BG zerg (GoF was there I think) and DB zerg (HGBQ was there I think) all while on DB BL’s Northwest Tower. /shamelessPromotion Join the best RP server today pls.

RISE guild best guild super RPers trash blob guild [RISE] masters of the die on inc technique.

Trinity Of Our EU Lords [Kazo] Zudo Jason Betta

NA T1 needs more balance

in WvW

Posted by: Cecilia.5179

Cecilia.5179

T1 is, simply put, an endless roleplaying session of Game of Thrones.

Necromancer Rights Advocate
Restart WvW: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Clean-The-Slate/first#post6208959
#CleanTheSlate

NA T1 needs more balance

in WvW

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

It is not for anet to balance servers. That is 100% the responsibility of the players.

If players want to stack a server for karma training and then get bored that is on them to disperse.

If that server doesn’t want to disperse then it is on the other servers to find/make new tactics to handle it.

You may ask “what magic way you have to 5 vs 80!”, fight more under handed. Stop trying to match them pound for pound.

NA T1 needs more balance

in WvW

Posted by: Kanebrake.6192

Kanebrake.6192

I really wish people would stop whining. We wanted the old bl’s back and we got them. We wanted stability changes and we got them. We wanted something to be done about the lack of players in wvw and we got it. We’re going to get a change to how scoring is done because we want it.

People whine about leaked patch notes like it’s some kind of insider trading that needs the SEC to investigate. No, it’s not. Everyone saw the leaked notes. Everyone had the same chance to take advantage of that information. If your server didn’t that’s your problem, not Anet’s and most certainly not the players on other servers.

I’m really not sure what people expect at this point?

BG

NA T1 needs more balance

in WvW

Posted by: Dusty Moon.4382

Dusty Moon.4382

I really wish people would stop whining. We wanted the old bl’s back and we got them. We wanted stability changes and we got them. We wanted something to be done about the lack of players in wvw and we got it. We’re going to get a change to how scoring is done because we want it.

People whine about leaked patch notes like it’s some kind of insider trading that needs the SEC to investigate. No, it’s not. Everyone saw the leaked notes. Everyone had the same chance to take advantage of that information. If your server didn’t that’s your problem, not Anet’s and most certainly not the players on other servers.

I agree. This is beta people. A.Net is using us to figure out what to do by looking at reams of data.

NA T1 needs more balance

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

I agree. This is beta people. A.Net is using us to figure out what to do by looking at reams of data.

Round 3.5 years late though……

NA T1 needs more balance

in WvW

Posted by: mulzi.8273

mulzi.8273

what is that for an IQ ?

Funny as this is, I think the YB folks are just sore cause Anet indirectly nerfed siege and their back capping. The T1 servers like TC and BG have coverage on all maps now, so YB cannot zone away from BG/TC zergs to other maps and PvD and PPT without any contention anymore for the most part. In regards to siege, the influx of BG/TC people in WvW means there are more structures being flipped more frequently. YB cannot utilize the auto-upgrade feature of their towers/keeps as much anymore, and it is not cost effective to build siege on every square inch of a tower/keep knowing it will flip in ~10 to 15 minutes anyway…

So in this new WvW environment, you actually have to fight for towers/keeps and even camps now. Very rarely will you be able to flip something completely uncontested.

And I have never, ever seen BG coordinate a double against YB. If BG is fighting TC or JQ, and along comes YB from the other side and drop their usual 10+ siege, BG will take them out first. But this is more due to hating siege monkeys and getting rid of the siege crap. I cannot speak for TC/JQ, but I sense that they feel the same way, so when you see TC/JQ/BG drop everything and attack YB, its not a coordinated plan, but more of ‘kill these siege-PvD monkeys so they can get real fights against the other teams’ rather than fighting 10s of 20s acs and the like.

And anyone with half a brain knows you cannot allow a YB tower to get fully upgraded. Once it gets fully upgraded, they’ll zone in and place siege on every square inch.. So those towers/keeps have to flip frequently to keep the siege monkeys in check..

NA T1 needs more balance

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

The T1 servers like TC…

And to think just a little over a month ago TC was a T2 server. What was supposed to happen?

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

NA T1 needs more balance

in WvW

morrolan.9608

It is not for anet to balance servers. That is 100% the responsibility of the players.

Human nature being what it is you can’t rely on this in such a structured game mode that is exploited by stacking

Jade Quarry [SoX]

NA T1 needs more balance

in WvW

morrolan.9608

People saw the notes before they were even leaked though.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

NA T1 needs more balance

in WvW

Kanebrake.6192

Round 3.5 years late though……

I agree but that’s a whole different discussion. Shoulda, coulda, woulda, hindsight 20/20 and all that good stuff.

BG

NA T1 needs more balance

in WvW

Kanebrake.6192

Uh… ok?

Did that sound better in your head before it reached the forums? Because I don’t think I understand what you’re saying. The pairings were leaked but they were leaked before they were leaked?

BG

NA T1 needs more balance

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

T1 is, simply put, an endless roleplaying session of Game of Thrones.

Never seen that show, I like to think of us (BG) as the Elder Dragon of WvW bwahaha. Sometimes we might go to sleep, but when we wake up we will wreck everything in our path

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

NA T1 needs more balance

in WvW

Posted by: tym.3791

tym.3791

Sooner or later, things always change. BG may be the big dog at the moment, but they will soon tire of steam rolling what few players decide to stick around and offer them bags.

Most wont even bother to play. I am sure, for awhile, its great fun, but when there are no fights, it becomes boring, and people simply move on. Myself, Being on YB, and firmly HATE t1, think we should not even be there, will simply avoid this week and play something else til we drop down to T2 again where it was way more fun, and way more fights.

NA T1 needs more balance

in WvW

Posted by: Darknicrofia.2604

Darknicrofia.2604

so…those guys got a 6 week head start as opposed to a 4 week head start…big whoop?

Darknicrofia Sage – Bad Gerdian, Merciless Legend, Platinum NA Solo Que

NA T1 needs more balance

in WvW

Posted by: MidoriMarch.8067

MidoriMarch.8067

honestly, BG is owning mainly because ND guild returned to BG.
Any server that ND joins, you can be sure that they will become twice as strong.

10 ND members led by Hasax can take out 2-3 times their size easily.

Are u sure about this?

Because i often see them in sPvP too and they are so bad.

I even saw this ND necro using teleporting hack or something and yet still lost

NA T1 needs more balance

in WvW

Posted by: Rednar.4690

Rednar.4690

T1 is horrible, either you PvP like a champion to have a little chance at roaming/havoc (with escape build prepared cause enemy zerg is just around the corner) or you join the blob wars, not much else to do really, specially in this tiny obsolete map.

~Red Kvothe~
Kaineng Server
Leader of The Doors of Stone [DS]

NA T1 needs more balance

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

til we drop down to T2 again

no! You stay put.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

NA T1 needs more balance

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

TC farms BG for hours upon hours on end not bothering to take stuff.

Oh, and in what game are they doing that, “Farmville”? Sure as heck aren’t farming players in GW2…. Or, maybe BG is a new type of ore node in PvE? That would make sense then….

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

NA T1 needs more balance

in WvW

Posted by: TheHeretic.3529

TheHeretic.3529

You can’t balance it because BG is stacked harder than any other server.

Sure, you could add MORE servers to DB and TC, but then ALL of T1 is stacked and now T2-T4 have no chance of making it to T1.

But I’m pretty sure the scoring chances will address this

Maybe I’m a thorn in your perfection
A heretic’s voice in your head
A stargazer, releaser

NA T1 needs more balance

in WvW

morrolan.9608

Uh… ok?

Did that sound better in your head before it reached the forums? Because I don’t think I understand what you’re saying. The pairings were leaked but they were leaked before they were leaked?

I mean some players clearly saw the notes before they were put on pastebin for all to see and were able to act on them with their guild.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

NA T1 needs more balance

in WvW

Posted by: Grim West.3194

Grim West.3194

Lol at anyone who still thinks that skill is involved in winning WvW. It’s a numbers game. BlobGate is winning because they have the most players on during all hours of the day.

The biggest zerg always wins in WvW. That’s the way it is designed.

NA T1 needs more balance

in WvW

Posted by: Josh XT.6053

Josh XT.6053

I’m on Blackgate and can personally say that the pairing with ET should be removed. People are transferring to ET to stack Blackgate even further and its gotten old. We super queue every map for very long periods of time.

Do I want to transfer though? Nope. The roaming is good, the blobs are bad and we get plenty of bags picking off the massive tails of the blobs lol.

Asphyxia [XT] – Fort Aspenwood Roamer
Twitch Stream – AsphyxiaXT
My Builds at Asphyxia.tv/builds

NA T1 needs more balance

in WvW

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

Oh, and in what game are they doing that, “Farmville”? Sure as heck aren’t farming players in GW2…. Or, maybe BG is a new type of ore node in PvE? That would make sense then….

It’s called EU timezone.
you might be more comfortable commenting on t2 matters…

NA T1 needs more balance

in WvW

Josh XT.6053

Untrue. Smaller groups are just as much to blame as the zergs. Last night on YB BL, we had 2 smaller groups and 1 blob on the map and we managed to take almost the whole map over because the 2 smaller groups would go taking towers and camps while the blob would attack keeps to draw the enemies. Most of our PPT was from that map in particular lol.

NA T1 needs more balance

in WvW

Josh XT.6053

Tell me more about how TC farms BG for hours upon hours.

Kill to death ratio:
BG 1.25:1
TC 0.99:1
YB 0.58:1

Attachments:

NA T1 needs more balance

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

BG came out of hibergate mode and will probably go back into it soon enough.

Depends. Our opposition will have to bring some pretty good guilds to wipe/farm our pugs for that to happen – over a long period of time too. The current hype on BG is quite real, as well as the ET link server bandwagon. I bet if linked servers end this week, ET could rival T3 or T4 servers in coverage now.

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

NA T1 needs more balance

in WvW

Grim West.3194

Untrue. Smaller groups are just as much to blame as the zergs. Last night on YB BL, we had 2 smaller groups and 1 blob on the map and we managed to take almost the whole map over because the 2 smaller groups would go taking towers and camps while the blob would attack keeps to draw the enemies. Most of our PPT was from that map in particular lol.

Hilarious. BlobGate has the most players in all time zones, that is why you are winning. Period.

TC moved up to T1 because they stacked up with old JQ and YB players. But they don’t have complete coverage so have no chance of winning the match. They could never have moved up to T1 without stacking and you know it.

If skill mattered in this game then non stacked servers would regularly move up to T1. But that NEVER happens because all that matters is numbers given the current design.

BlobGate has the most zerg players so they win because that’s all that matters in WvW.

(edited by Grim West.3194)

NA T1 needs more balance

in WvW

Josh XT.6053

Hilarious. BlobGate has the most players in all time zones, that is why you are winning. Period.

TC moved up to T1 because they stacked up with old JQ and YB players.

If skill mattered in this game then non stacked servers would regularly move up to T1.

Arguing otherwise is the height of idiocy.

Oh I am not disagreeing that the coverage is strong, but I am saying that in NA prime, we do have a lot of smaller groups roaming around taking objectives which does help our PPT. Those days you see us ticking 400ppt in NA prime, that isn’t just because we have out numbered you, I have friends in both servers who say all their maps are queued then too.

Edit: To clarify, I am disagreeing that the biggest zerg wins, and now you’re bringing coverage in to it. The biggest zerg does not win, that is not a true statement.

NA T1 needs more balance

in WvW

Grim West.3194

Lol the biggest zerg does always win. Everyone has small groups getting objectives but it is the servers with the biggest amount of zerg players that win the matches.

BlobGate has the most amount of zerg players therefore they win. When JQ had the most amount of zerg players, they won. And the next server that stacks the most will win.

If ANET ever gets the courage to penalize stacking then WvW will be interesting and people can talk about skill. Until then, zerg on.

NA T1 needs more balance

in WvW

Posted by: Ahka.6705

Ahka.6705

TC moved up to T1 because they stacked up with old JQ and YB players. But they don’t have complete coverage so have no chance of winning the match. They could never have moved up to T1 without stacking and you know it.

If skill mattered in this game then non stacked servers would regularly move up to T1. But that NEVER happens because all that matters is numbers given the current design.

BlobGate has the most zerg players so they win because that’s all that matters in WvW.

TC had just as many players leave when the T1 players came to our server. TC moved up because Anet adjusted the Glicko for a short time after server combinations. “Blobgate” wins because they have the most coverage out of any server. You are right though, skill doesn’t matter as much as player numbers, but coverage is the most important for total scoring.

Ahka – Elementalist
[ZzZz]Zombie Coast, [CERN]When Zergs Collide
Tarnished Coast

NA T1 needs more balance

in WvW

Posted by: Ulion.5476

Ulion.5476

Yea its the same old arguments, Coverage>All. The servers with SEA/Oceanic coverage lack NA or EU coverage to compete against BG. While the sever with NA/EU lack SEA/oceanic to compete with BG. T3 keeps are normally taken during the other servers off hours or when sieged for a couple of hours. Atm it feels like BG does not have a coverage that they are lacking in or at least have 2 zergs to defend their t3 keeps.

Last weeks K/D was something like this before reset (http://wvwintel.com/).
BG: 74k kills 60k deaths
TC: 65k kills 60k deaths
DB: 35k kills 50k deaths.

Ele – Tarnished Coast
“Quoth the raven nevermore”
Platinum Scout: 300% MF

NA T1 needs more balance

in WvW

Grim West.3194

This picture should clear things up.

If you enjoy skill less zerg play then WvW is your game. Glad you like it. And currently (until another server stacks) BlobGate is the best server for that.

But for most RvR players Guild Wars 2’s version is seriously lacking. So much so that they left years ago and never came back.

They prefer skill, not the cheesy garbage WvW promotes.

Anet had a chance to make something great and there were a ton of people that came to this game at launch hoping that their promises of something like DAoC were real. It was very apparent very early on though that WvW was a a lame zergling PvD game. So most real RvR players left.

It could still be fixable, and many of those players would return if ANET made the attempt. But they refuse to listen. Instead they promote the zerg and every zergling who loves that sort of skill less play. Zerg on.

NA T1 needs more balance

in WvW

Josh XT.6053

This picture should clear things up.

If you enjoy skill less zerg play then WvW is your game. Glad you like it.

But for most RvR players Guild Wars 2’s version is seriously lacking. So much so that they left years ago and never came back.

Anet had a chance to make something great and there were a ton of people that came to this game at launch hoping that their promises of something like DAoC were real. It was very apparent very early on though that WvW was a a lame zergling PvD game. So most real RvR players left.

It could still be fixable, and many of those players would return if ANET made the attempt. But they refuse to listen. Instead they promote the zerg and every zergling who loves that sort of skill less play. Zerg on.

I lead a roaming guild that runs 3-8 people. I almost never zerg around with tags, not sure where you got the idea that I did.