Anet wvw team
plz solve this

Attachments:

winnie@BlackGate

NA Top One Tier Concern

in WvW

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

The people who can fix it are apparently not playing.

NA Top One Tier Concern

in WvW

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Why should they fix this when it’s a result of players on the other two teams choosing to do nothing about it?

NA Top One Tier Concern

in WvW

Posted by: Hexalot.8194

Hexalot.8194

There is a huge discrepancy in coverage right now (whether that be due to servers intentionally tanking or guilds leaving, I don’t know). Not sure how ANET is going to solve that. Was on last night at the height of NA prime time and the fights were fairly even throughout with all 3 servers fielding large groups (on EBG anyway).

It’s just that when everyone else goes to sleep, BG is still partying on. :-)

NA Top One Tier Concern

in WvW

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

https://youtu.be/gaWcAek5_JE

When I started to play wvw I came across this vid. Watch it all and reflect.

NA Top One Tier Concern

in WvW

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

Anet wvw team
plz solve this

It’s sad that between all your players you couldn’t manage to sneak one player out to at least flip a few camps- which just goes to show how bad sheep are without a tag to bleat behind.

Against a big blob if you are few the best thing is to split into teams of 3-5 players and attack multiple objects all at once- it’s amazingly hard for the enemy blob to split and defend as they all want to blob rather than do any actual work.

And of course your fatal error is your title’s assumption that there is a ‘anet wvw team’. There isn’t.

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

NA Top One Tier Concern

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Haha that video is great!

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

NA Top One Tier Concern

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

Dunno why people complaining, BG obviously enjoying themselves.
Lesson to learn, transfer to BG when they open next time, and you too will have fun turning a map one color.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

NA Top One Tier Concern

in WvW

Posted by: Lord of Rings.5371

Lord of Rings.5371

How about an easy fix by placing BG at green at tomorrow’s reset?

Then all will be green and consistent with Over Growth.

Fire Water Air
FA

NA Top One Tier Concern

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Sad part is that happens in half the NA tiers now. Good job Glicko/RNG.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

NA Top One Tier Concern

in WvW

Posted by: Kamara.4187

Kamara.4187

Servers really don’t matter anymore. Between the server stacking kiddies and NCsoft/anet willing to make a buck off of it even modest balance is just a carrot on a stick to keep the broken wheel of hope limping along.

FYI I’ve seen this before on a different tier with different teams. This is not the first time.

NA Top One Tier Concern

in WvW

Posted by: Rambitshouse.8712

Rambitshouse.8712

That guy will go down as the greatest mmo player in history as far as I am concerned. If only we had more Ajax Blue’s in this world, no fear charging into the heat of battle.

Dtox

NA Top One Tier Concern

in WvW

Posted by: Kamara.4187

Kamara.4187

I don’t know about being the greatest player but he certainly cornered the market on ego lol.

NA Top One Tier Concern

in WvW

Xenesis.6389

The state of tier one… is in very good state.

We are bombarding them with pin snipe, we are chasing them, they retreat to the back, we stop pounding them with conditions, they send some of their units back, so it’s just like that. But still, the ppk we are deciding, and under our control.

We will defeat them, we will fight them, till we clean our keeps from their deaths. They tried to drop some of their mercenaries near maguuma keep and near tarnished coast keep, and, they were surrounded and they flew. They were chased, and they flew. Units, military units from the republican guard are still, thrusting the enemy, and, chasing it.

Attachments:

North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.

NA Top One Tier Concern

in WvW

Posted by: Kekkei Genkai Kage.5930

Kekkei Genkai Kage.5930

Its Blackgates fault, and ANet can’t fix what players purposely ruin the game like yourself
:^)

[Rekz] Another Dead WvW Guild

NA Top One Tier Concern

in WvW

Posted by: Tiawal.2351

Tiawal.2351

Some of you are laughing at “Blackgate”, though that Blackgate doesn’t exist anymore. The migration is so high that server identity means nothing anymore. The players that are on a server or another, that started their account there 4 years ago are a tiny minority.

What is important now, is that it is inevitable, that sooner or later another server will be punished into T1, and there is no fun at all there. T1 must be fixed or removed altogether, it’s a wasteland. Any server that goes there will have to suffer until getting out: all is left in T1 is capturing from NPC’s, or the very rare blob desperately looking for an easy target…

The “hell” should be below, now is above. Being there should be a reward, now it’s a punishment. Balance is needed more than ever and quickly, before all tiers turn into a T1 wasteland.

A wandering ronin, employed by [ENMA]

NA Top One Tier Concern

in WvW

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

And this is why I’ve been saying forever, the server system will always fail, if allowed transfers and not with a hyper-responsive matchmaking system.

Getting rid of transfers isn’t feasible since people may want to move and play with friends over time. A responsive matchmaking system is also something ANet has proven to be unable to achieve for all this time.

So the only way to actually offset the problem long-term is to simply do away with servers/tiers entirely and default to EoTM-style matchups.

Servers haven’t meant anything since the megaservers, and transferring has been around since day 1. Ask any player from a low-tier server that was around in 2012/2013 when transfers started being a problem; they’ll say Day 1.

Honestly, though, WvW isn’t dying because of matchups. It’s dying because nobody wants to even fight. The game in its current balance and profession design isn’t fun to fight in. HoT content killed most of the enjoyable parts of WvW. Even blobs getting bigger and server lag getting worse is a consequence of failures of HoT.

NA Top One Tier Concern

in WvW

Xenesis.6389

Reward for overstacking and blobbing to stay on top? Now the call for balance when tier one has been sucking players upwards for more than 4 years.

lol enjoy the pvdooring.

NA Top One Tier Concern

in WvW

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

Reward for overstacking and blobbing to stay on top? Now the call for balance when tier one has been sucking players upwards for more than 4 years.

lol enjoy the pvdooring.

Historically, most of the lower tiers have been upheld by people transferring down and out of T1, because blob-fests aren’t fun for a very large number of players.

Thing is, most smaller-scale groups or GvG groups quit with the balance state of HoT and the essential +5 supply buff locked behind a huge paywall in GHalls which favors bigger, blobbier guilds.

Currently, there’s no incentive to do anything but blob. Strategy and technique in small-scale is and has been dead since HoT. Even most pro PvP players have come out and said this, claiming they only still play for the money.

When your pro scene, which is supposed to market the game in a positive and competitive light, says the gameplay is bad, it’s really, really bad.

NA Top One Tier Concern

in WvW

Posted by: Norbe.7630

Norbe.7630

my solution was to add another tier called “tier 0”
0 enemies and 0 fytes tier

seriously WvW is so much better now
inb4 the lowest tiers QQ
now its the top tier who QQ

#Blackgatematters

Attachments:

Duterte Death Squad [DDS]
Gate of Madness

(edited by Norbe.7630)

NA Top One Tier Concern

in WvW

Posted by: TehHobNob.4687

TehHobNob.4687

Tried all the tiers. Personally i’ve had way more fun on the lower tiers and I think I just want to stay down here. Its more relaxed, roaming is fun, and people just come together for fun fights. T4 was a bit of a ghost town for a while but that is to be expected. Population drastically changed with the server link swap. When I was in the higher tiers I barely noticed, but wow is it a huge difference in T4.

Pancakes
Thief

NA Top One Tier Concern

in WvW

Posted by: Atros.9607

Atros.9607

Honestly there is a lot missing here in terms of info. What time did you take this, what day, what is the coverage for your server on that time?

However, Anet made the decision to listen to you and made this:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Glicko-Temporary-Manual-Adjustments/first#post6529467

But there will be salt on both sides about the changes. I for one am really not having the T1 crap. Anet needs to come onto these forums and read suggestions and start thinking about ways to fix the imbalance and linking crap that has caused so much volatility in WvW to allow for “Manual Glicko Adjustments” when they did not need to do that for the first 3 years of GW2’s life.

I am not looking forward to FA being in T1 or close T1. All the blobs can stay in T1 and I will enjoy my small group fights in T2. Because it’s not a blob-fest against SoS and JQ.

[ShW] Shrouded Warband § Gold Invader § Fort Aspenwood
My pugs are not lemmings, they just fell off that cliff because I did

NA Top One Tier Concern

in WvW

Xenesis.6389

lol enjoy the pvdooring.

Historically, most of the lower tiers have been upheld by people transferring down and out of T1, because blob-fests aren’t fun for a very large number of players.

Which is happening again right now, players are moving back to the mid tiers again. Ever since the glicko walls had went down for tier one it’s been harder to maintain three equal servers to remain in tier one. Tier one also requires the most players for the most coverage for the most ppting of any of the tiers to stay up there. Players are just less willing to do that these days, they just want to log on, get some fights, log off and hope they’ve had some fun.

Servers had to pay guilds to transfer and rebuild to counter blackgate, and these days those have become short term fixes and they lose those players all over again. Of course it didn’t help players moving to yb tc jq db mag like a kitten merrigoround. Now the merrigoround has moved back down to fa sos sbi.

Blackgate seems to be the last on realizing the game has changed though, and think being number means something today, all number one is that server has the most players playing to provide the most coverage, that’s it. It’s unbelievable when the biggest server in the game goes off on hibernation, I can understand if a t4 servers is getting whopped by a t2 server, ok sure can’t compete there, but the biggest server in the game? shame. Blackgate players also came in here asking for the 543 scoring, so enjoy it.

NA Top One Tier Concern

in WvW

Xenesis.6389

Honestly there is a lot missing here in terms of info. What time did you take this, what day, what is the coverage for your server on that time?

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Glicko-Temporary-Manual-Adjustments/first#post6529467

But there will be salt on both sides about the changes. I for one am really not having the T1 crap. Anet needs to come onto these forums and read suggestions and start thinking about ways to fix the imbalance and linking crap that has caused so much volatility in WvW to allow for “Manual Glicko Adjustments” when they did not need to do that for the first 3 years of GW2’s life.

I am not looking forward to FA being in T1 or close T1. All the blobs can stay in T1 and I will enjoy my small group fights in T2. Because it’s not a blob-fest against SoS and JQ.

Wtf why is Fa and sos who have been losing to jq in t2 for weeks, get a boost and JQ doesn’t? lol jfc.

The only balance that needs to be done is BG needs to stop kittening hibernating and destack, like every single other server already has.

(edited by Xenesis.6389)

NA Top One Tier Concern

in WvW

Posted by: Bhima.9518

Bhima.9518

Wtf why is Fa and sos who have been losing to jq in t2 for weeks, get a boost and JQ doesn’t? lol jfc.

The only balance that needs to be done is BG needs to stop kittening hibernating and destack, like every single other server already has.

Yeah, JQ, whether they like it or not, should likely head into T1. This would be sad of course, because I actually enjoy fighting JQ even if we lose because the fights are close… whereas when I was on TC fighting BG they aren’t close. Or fighting against Mag when they aren’t intentionally tanking.

If Mag drops to T2, I hope the other two servers can properly coordinate to just attack Mag. They deserve getting tag teamed.

NA Top One Tier Concern

in WvW

Posted by: Jaina Ashlynn.1043

Jaina Ashlynn.1043

Anet wvw team
plz solve this

I saw a pic like that every morning for months leading up to server linking. The fact that T1 is getting a dose of that cheers me to no end. Here’s your fix: transfer or quit.

Anvil Rock: Beta →Friday 13th 1/13/2017
Crystal Desert: 1/13/2017

NA Top One Tier Concern

in WvW

Posted by: Princess.7584

Princess.7584

Anet wvw team
plz solve this

Is this not what you wanted when you asked for BG to be open all those months ago?

Total domination. Your wish was granted, enjoy.

NA Top One Tier Concern

in WvW

Xenesis.6389

They probably should have wait another week before doing an adjustment.
But in any case the glicko adjustments will look something like this.
Jade Quarry 1882
Fort Aspenwood 1846 + 20 = 1866
Sea of Sorrows 1840 + 20 = 1860
Tarnished Coast 1959 – 100 = 1859
Maguuma 1931 – 100 = 1831

Should have applied 20 to all t2 servers and let JQ into t1 (they’ve been winning t2 lately so why not?), and let the 3rd be a tossup between the 4 other servers.

Will be interesting to see if JQ and a random third can hang against BG blobs these days, or are we in for more glicko adjustment yoyoing.

NA Top One Tier Concern

in WvW

Posted by: Jerry CCH.9816

Jerry CCH.9816

Dear Anet WvW TEAM :

Much Thanks Glicko adjustments Server.

Hope Mag/TC roll T2 and Some T2 Server Roll T1 at Reset

winnie@BlackGate

NA Top One Tier Concern

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Why should they fix this when it’s a result of players on the other two teams choosing to do nothing about it?

TC are playing they just don;t have many players.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

NA Top One Tier Concern

in WvW

Posted by: Thustlewhumber.7416

Thustlewhumber.7416

BG only comes out to fight doors, so Mag is going to T2.

WvW Necro

NA Top One Tier Concern

in WvW

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

NA WvW guilds always like to stack.

Mag is a typical example. Veteran guilds stack on the server, saying they like to fight. But in reality, they stack to farm K/D for their ego. If they truly like to fight, they should spread out and fight each other.

NA Top One Tier Concern

in WvW

Xenesis.6389

Mag is a typical example. Veteran guilds stack on the server, saying they like to fight. But in reality, they stack to farm K/D for their ego. If they truly like to fight, they should spread out and fight each other.

Sure.. spread out and fight each other.. just what they did and what other servers did…. but what about the 900lb gorilla still in the room?

NA Top One Tier Concern

in WvW

Posted by: Tiawal.2351

Tiawal.2351

That “spread out” costs a lot and when a good guild transfers, immediately is followed by those — who are really the problem. The fighters love challenging situations, because only difficult fights are fun.

“You Are Judged By the Quality of Your Enemies” – it’s more true than ever. WvW needs REAL competition. Playing against walking loot bags is not fun. Teams should be built around fights, scoring to reflect that, meta that asks for skilled play…

A wandering ronin, employed by [ENMA]

NA Top One Tier Concern

in WvW

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

LOL I remember that guy.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

NA Top One Tier Concern

in WvW

Posted by: Visiroth.5914

Visiroth.5914

There have been many servers that took months to settle into their proper tier in GW2’s life after mass exoduses, ditto for mass transfers in. Just because Anet did not adjust Glicko back then doesn’t mean they shouldn’t have. Maybe you don’t remember HoD breaking up right after game launch when WvW matches went to 7 days, but I do.

NA Top One Tier Concern

in WvW

Xenesis.6389

AHAHAHAHAHAHA
T1 – 1st 5th 6th – BG FA SOS
T2 – 4th 2nd 10th – JQ TC HoD
T3 – 11th 3rd 9th – Mag YB DB
T4 – 8th 7th 12th – NSP SBI CD

Nice glicko changes.

NA Top One Tier Concern

in WvW

Posted by: Sarika.3756

Sarika.3756

I brought popcorn to reset. It was worth it.

NA Top One Tier Concern

in WvW

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

1st t1 skirmish: sos 1st place.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

NA Top One Tier Concern

in WvW

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

And then……

NA Top One Tier Concern

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

Sorry Maguuma, no one down here has your numbers.

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

NA Top One Tier Concern

in WvW

Exciton.8942

And then……

BG will easily beat us outside of NA prime.

NA Top One Tier Concern

in WvW

Posted by: Digikid.7230

Digikid.7230

To be fair, Mag did have a 13.3 KDR on EBG after the first skirmish and EBG had a queue for every server so the numbers were equal, I’m pretty sure YB/ DB are also outgunned.

Some guy on a bunch of servers, mostly Mag
Former top 50 spvp engi main.

(edited by Digikid.7230)

NA Top One Tier Concern

in WvW

Posted by: Lord of Rings.5371

Lord of Rings.5371

That guy will go down as the greatest mmo player in history as far as I am concerned.

He certain foretold how WvW would be played in the future.

Fire Water Air
FA

NA Top One Tier Concern

in WvW

Exciton.8942

To be fair, Mag did have a 13.3 KDR on EBG after the first skirmish and EBG had a queue for every server so you can’t pull the numbers excuse for that, I’m pretty sure YB/ DB are also outgunned.

13.3?!!!
Must be fight guild vs full pug to create that kind of difference.

That is also why I find playing for K/D kinda detrimental to WvW as well. Veterans stack on one server so they have no chance to lose whatsoever.

NA Top One Tier Concern

in WvW

Posted by: Siska.8102

Siska.8102

The Anet solution…rather than just have one messed up tier, lets totally kitten up the matchup and create imbalance in all 4 tiers. GG guys, way to convince people to stop playing.

NA Top One Tier Concern

in WvW

Xenesis.6389

@OP

You have my sympathy. Too tired atm to try & convince ANet to do the right thing…when the post will be deleted.

Anybody see the ANet report card yet?

Diku

Is it this one?

Edit: oh you mean that report, it won’t be out for like another month.

Attachments:

NA Top One Tier Concern

in WvW

Posted by: neven.3785

neven.3785

To be fair, Mag did have a 13.3 KDR on EBG after the first skirmish and EBG had a queue for every server so you can’t pull the numbers excuse for that, I’m pretty sure YB/ DB are also outgunned.

13.3?!!!
Must be fight guild vs full pug to create that kind of difference.

That is also why I find playing for K/D kinda detrimental to WvW as well. Veterans stack on one server so they have no chance to lose whatsoever.

Not necessarily true, the EBG group for mag is normally 70% the roamer cloud not in comms, and 30% organized. The group on there tonight was also a second rate guild, who often got farmed in t1. Also keep in mind EBG hit a 99 man queue today, mag normally trolls the ebg people by inflating the queues with no intention of switching maps, so they were down numbers.

Just a little information, mag tanked for 2 weeks and people were itching to get back in wvw. Its 11 pm PST now, and ebg only has a 6 man queue and every other map has no groups running, just a small handful of roamers. So much for outnumbering everyone with our t1 numbers. For the first two skirmishes, there was only one short time where a second map was queued, DB BL, when VR switched to fight boo before CTH went to mag to defend garri.

NA Top One Tier Concern

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

To be fair, Mag did have a 13.3 KDR on EBG after the first skirmish and EBG had a queue for every server so the numbers were equal, I’m pretty sure YB/ DB are also outgunned.

red BL was the only queue for the first skirmish (no clue afterwords), and it wasn’t very deep….

and a Maguuma queue of 99 for EBG – YB hasn’t seen a queue like that since 2015…

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

NA Top One Tier Concern

in WvW

Posted by: Vonmanstein.3645

Vonmanstein.3645

@OP

You have my sympathy. Too tired atm to try & convince ANet to do the right thing…when the post will be deleted.

Anybody see the ANet report card yet?

http://www.mmogames.com/gamenews/ncsoft-q4-2016-lineage-guild-wars-2-wildstar-disappears/

Diku

Uhhh, clearly financial analysis isn’t a good career choice for you. They shipped the first major expansion in Q4 FY15, so they’re obviously going to see a big pop in revenue in Q4 FY15 through Q1 FY16. After this, it’s the ongoing gem sales that’s driving revenue (which remains remarkably stable). You should expect to see a similar, albeit smaller, increase in revenue after the release of their next expansion.

Remember, this game is nearly half a decade old. By all measures, it’s been quite a success from a business perspective.