NA World Linking 28 October

in WvW

Posted by: Tiny Doom.4380

Tiny Doom.4380

Can we get some movement on going to “one up, one down”? A poll on the possibility, at least?

Failing that, a re-poll on frequency of links. Two months is just too long, as indeed ANet devs said it would be.

Other than that, welcome back to our friends from Anvil Rock and good luck to everyone from Ferguson’s Crossing. Must be a wild trip for you folks, up and down the tiers like this.

in WvW

Posted by: Rink.6108

Rink.6108

I think this is a very reasonable linking that seems to have done depending on wvw-population/activity instead of Glicko rank (otherwise Maguuma and YB would have no link). Don’t forget ET is a very minor link for Maguuma, it will not help them against Blackgate if they don’t play better as well.

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Oh lord, no! How the mighty have fallen! What’s so special about JQ that they can’t fall a few tiers? Servers have been rising and falling long before links became a thing.

Because it should be based on merit! Not the Dev’s sitting there with a list saying, “who do WE want in Tier 1, Tier 2, etc…?” Then handicapping or blocking progress of others. The dev’s should only set up the parameters of a competition, share those parameter’s with the competitor’s, then leave it alone.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

I think this is a very reasonable linking that seems to have done depending on wvw-population/activity instead of Glicko rank (otherwise Maguuma and YB would have no link).

That doesn’t explain JQ.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

After manual close now also manual linking, i’m out. Rip

You know… FA’s been Full/Very High since the population calculation change over a year ago and hanging around rank 6. Anet at the time said some servers marked Full were overstacked well beyond the Full status (like BG still is). When JQ was Very High, you guys still brought out numbers that FA could almost compete with. I don’t honestly know how you expect not to go Full when you can outnumber FA at times and then go and recruit. T2 “size” is basically the new max server size you have to get used to, not the old overstacked T1 sizes. It really sounds like you need to trim players in certain timezones if you want to fill other timezones.

Its not about just being full its not getting a link. Anet has just literally destroyed JQ. Well done anet.

This demands justification.

But it is about being Full. JQ is Full because it has more active population than Very High servers. There’s no reason to give a link to a Full server.

I think this round of links is pretty reasonable. Look at how close all the NA matches are right now.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

Posted by: Entenkommando.5208

Entenkommando.5208

Why is the EU thread locked?

R.I.P Kodasch Allianz [KoA]

All we wanted was a GvG.

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

You know… FA’s been Full/Very High since the population calculation change over a year ago and hanging around rank 6. Anet at the time said some servers marked Full were overstacked well beyond the Full status (like BG still is). When JQ was Very High, you guys still brought out numbers that FA could almost compete with. I don’t honestly know how you expect not to go Full when you can outnumber FA at times and then go and recruit. T2 “size” is basically the new max server size you have to get used to, not the old overstacked T1 sizes. It really sounds like you need to trim players in certain timezones if you want to fill other timezones.

Its not about just being full its not getting a link. Anet has just literally destroyed JQ. Well done anet.

But it is about being Full. JQ is Full because it has more active population than Very High servers. There’s no reason to give a link to a Full server.

I think this round of links is pretty reasonable. Look at how close all the NA matches are right now.

^This.
I’ve got a lot of friends on JQ and when I look at my friends list during the day I rarely see more than 2 or 3 of them in wvw. But every one of them will hop in at some point, either during prime time or just to get their daily.

All of these people are technically active players even if they are only in wvw for about an hour or less everyday.

When I look around on Mag I see the same names logging in every day and putting in way more hours.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

in WvW

Jim Hunter.6821

No match up threads allowed

LGN

in WvW

Posted by: Thea Cherry.6327

Thea Cherry.6327

Because they hate us.

Btw. if you are tired of the NA MUs you can come to Kodasch and take our Night time. ;D

in WvW

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

I actually wonder if people really BUY gems to transfer or if they just convert it with gold… Honestly, the only time I bought gems was when I wanted to buy some gem store item and I was saving gold to finish a legendary.

Jeknar, you’re making it very difficult to try to not like you, when you’re so reasonable. But I agree, all the transfers I’ve seen or heard about so far are 95% converting gold to gems. The only times I’ve heard of cash for gems to transfer yet is when the rest of their guilds have moved over, but they haven’t had time or just sick of farming pve for gold.

Anyways I’m just happy to finally get out of T1/2!

Also, some people have to understand that some of these servers are really rally small these days. Guessing the band wagoners from earlier linkings have band wagoned to new servers again, so ET and AR for example would be so small that any server linked with them would hardly notice any difference at all.

And even at that, large parts of Kaineng went hiberating during last link, because we found it boring up in T1/2. One of my guilds went on vacation in T4 servers (and yes, converting gold for gems, both ways), the other guild rather spent the time in Halloween/Labyrinth or just taking breaks off from WvW. So I think some people are really overestimating the effects of some of us small servers.

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

in WvW

Posted by: Blackarps.1974

Blackarps.1974

Maguuma getting a link makes it feel like this is some kind of joke. The top servers should never be linked so this means in NA that JQ, BG, YB, Mag, and TC should NOT be linked. I mean top servers can get linked with the way WvW population is dropping but we are probably a few months out from that.

Maguuma Guardian

in WvW

DeWolfe.2174

^This.
I’ve got a lot of friends on JQ and when I look at my friends list during the day I rarely see more than 2 or 3 of them in wvw. But every one of them will hop in at some point, either during prime time or just to get their daily.

All of these people are technically active players even if they are only in wvw for about an hour or less everyday.

When I look around on Mag I see the same names logging in every day and putting in way more hours.

Which is a huge problem. So many alts/spies and these WvW for dailies and gathering players that it dilutes our player bases dramatically. I have no clue how Anet is measuring population but, it’s not even close to what we used to be able to run. It’s bad enough that the game is dying out but, it just feels like it more and more.

I have a feeling there’s going to be quite a drop off this fall. Cannon’s and this linking is going to be the straw for many.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

^This.

No employment eh?

in WvW

morrolan.9608

Population is used for server status. Links are used to better even up matches. This is not whats happening

^This.

Yeah and thats why we’re full, not why we didn’t get a link.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

(edited by morrolan.9608)

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

I wouldn’t call a few hours of scoring in a match as significant data to say close or success just yet. Especially given reset is the prime time of the week. Maybe wait a week or two, see where we are.

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

I’m ok with this, seems reasonable enough. Not sure why Maguuma needed a link but at least they changed the server they are linked with.

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

So why a “High” server like Dragonbrand has 2 other links?

For a High server DB was performing very poorly at T4 against Linked Medium ones.

Of course if you looking at their NA since their prime time is upside down. The way anet put those servers together, is more like pairing them up for the sake of pairing, sloppy work.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

in WvW

SkyShroud.2865

Anet continues to link servers with zero desire to balance them equally, they continue using their balance within tiers approach. The people who continuously on the sad receiving end will eventually quit but I guess they don’t care.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

in WvW

Posted by: Bigpapasmurf.5623

Bigpapasmurf.5623

So for the “guest” servers, how does it get determined how they move up/down? Last few weeks, we were in t3 and scoring should have has us stay in t3, however, looks like some moved to t4.

- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/MC_Celestia
- I am currently a main thief roamer for SF in WvW. LOVE ME!
- {SOAP} Solo/Havoc roamer, lover of good fights

in WvW

Rink.6108

Anet continues to link servers with zero desire to balance them equally, they continue using their balance within tiers approach.

How would you make the linking to make that better? I think the current system is the closest solution to balance out servers within tiers AND between tiers. OF course the first priority is to keep it balanced in the tiers themselves, so matchups will be balanced, but I am sure tier 2 servers will do ok in tier 1 and tier 4 servers will do ok in tier 3 as well.

DB lost a lot of coverage. It is true that they are likely to go up in tiers later, but if arenanet only takes into account the amouth of activity in wvw in the last month or so, then it is clear that DB became a tier4 server and thus is entitled to 2 links.

(edited by Rink.6108)

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

Population is used for server status. Links are used to better even up matches. This is not whats happening

I know it’s early, but since you already calling imbalance 12 hours in the matchup let’s look at the Warscore… Hmmmm, the only imbalanced matchup NA seens to be tier 1. Where (gasp!) the only server with no link is winning.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

TC was ready for the possibility of no link, we played hard last week. In the end YB failed to tank hard enough in kitten drop out of t1, but make no mistake YBs performance last two weeks was a pure show and for some reason anet rewarded it. The worst part about it is that YB is perhaps one of the least entertaining servers you could play against. No one wants YB in a T1/T2 rotation.

JQ certainly tanked last week, but even so does that mean they didn’t deserve a link? They are a trash server that needs all the help they can get.

How did anet decide that Maguuma, the #1 server, deserved a link? The only thing more obscene would be to give BG a link.

The only possible explanation is that anet wants kitten be locked into Mag/BG/YB to reduce the rotation. It’s a multi-pronged stroke of genius. On the one hand you keep BG in check with a pair that’s strong enough to dominate them in fights and ppt, on the other hand you force BG to destack by pairing them up against YB because let’s face it, no one wants to play against such a poor competitor.

The only fault in this genius strategy is that there isn’t a T1 glicko wall to support that set up, anet must soon be getting ready to announce glicko adjustments for BG/Mag/YB to force a wall.

The YB hate levels in this post are over 9000.

WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points

in WvW

morrolan.9608

I know it’s early, but since you already calling imbalance 12 hours in the matchup let’s look at the Warscore… Hmmmm, the only imbalanced matchup NA seens to be tier 1. Where (gasp!) the only server with no link is winning.

BG is a clear exception, and I believe I said apparently T1 servers are not meant to have links. JQ is not a T1 server, TC may not be either, time will tell.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

in WvW

Posted by: Dream In A Dream.7213

Dream In A Dream.7213

On millenium it looks like the links for na are pretty good. GJ wvw team.

in WvW

Jim Hunter.6821

^This.

Yes but if you did get a link a lot of your fairweather players would start putting in longer hours because you’d have the population to steam roll everything.

If you already have the population to be competitive but half your population logs off the second you wipe or your pug commander tags down, the solution isn’t that you need moar numbers.

LGN

in WvW

Posted by: Balthazzarr.1349

Balthazzarr.1349

You give the server winning T1 a link? lolwut? Who is making these decisions? And could you please explain them? I think we’d all like to be enlightened on this since it seems pretty nonsensical.

They were only winning because they had a good link before. (The proof is already showing in the total score)

Thankfully for us we have been moved elsewhere. I feel bad for ET though.. :P … although ET might be a small group in WvW but they are some of the best people I know!

*Sorry Jim, if you’re on Mag… I suspect you’re not one of those I ever had to block :P *

… just call me … Tim :)

(edited by Balthazzarr.1349)

in WvW

Posted by: Diku.2546

Diku.2546

Beyond that fact that there’s simply zero competition as the Dev’s are making up rules as they go, making up teams, having biased populations, it’s not a fun competitive environment any longer.

World Linking was a Pandora’s Genie Crack Bottle….that should never have been opened…imho

Some decisions should never be entrusted to players.

All the Zerg addicts want WvW to be 24/7 blobbing, but you need bodies for that…which recruits from the bottom tiers while destroying their communities.

WvW will turn into an exhausted & dead Zerg addict stuck in a Tier based system that denies healthy competition & simply re-inforces the addiction for Zerg stimulation.

ANet lost alot of WvW communities which used to bring in gems sales that were not tied to Server Transfers due to World Linking.

ANet really needs to break the World Linking & get WvW off this horrible cycle that is destroying the surface areas that allows communities to exist.

There’s a better Long Term solution that ANet should consider…one that doesn’t use World Linking & removes the Tiers to let players choose their Match-Ups…imho

(edited by Diku.2546)

in WvW

Posted by: Balthazzarr.1349

Balthazzarr.1349

Beyond that fact that there’s simply zero competition as the Dev’s are making up rules as they go, making up teams, having biased populations, it’s not a fun competitive environment any longer.

World Linking was a Pandora’s Genie Crack Bottle….that should never have been opened…imho

All the Zerg addicts want WvW to be 24/7 blobbing, but you need bodies for that…which recruits from the bottom tiers while destroying their communities.

WvW will turn into an exhausted & dead Zerg addict stuck in a Tier based system that denies healthy competition & simply re-inforces the addiction for Zerg stimulation.

ANet lost alot of WvW communities which used to bring in gems sales that were not tied to Server Transfers due to World Linking.

ANet really needs to break the World Linking & get WvW off this horrible cycle that is destroying the surface areas that allows communities to exist.

There’s a better Long Term solution that ANet should consider…one that doesn’t use World Linking & removes the Tiers to let players choose their Match-Ups…imho

Well said Diku! Totally agree!

… just call me … Tim :)

in WvW

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

Based on the first day result, the linking seems to be working as intended.

in WvW

SkyShroud.2865

Anet continues to link servers with zero desire to balance them equally, they continue using their balance within tiers approach.

How would you make the linking to make that better? I think the current system is the closest solution to balance out servers within tiers AND between tiers. OF course the first priority is to keep it balanced in the tiers themselves, so matchups will be balanced, but I am sure tier 2 servers will do ok in tier 1 and tier 4 servers will do ok in tier 3 as well.

DB lost a lot of coverage. It is true that they are likely to go up in tiers later, but if arenanet only takes into account the amouth of activity in wvw in the last month or so, then it is clear that DB became a tier4 server and thus is entitled to 2 links.

JQ is similar to DB such that they have a specific off hours prime stronger than their NA prime. If JQ is full and thus without link, then why should DB be given the different treatment?

Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

JQ is similar to DB such that they have a specific off hours prime stronger than their NA prime. If JQ is full and thus without link, then why should DB be given the different treatment?

Because DB is not full? And please… JQ SEA is far larger than DB’s.

in WvW

Chaba.5410

^This.

JQ is currently winning the T2 match without a server link. Seems like the T2 match is pretty even.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs

in WvW

Posted by: Vova.2640

Vova.2640

Why did mag get a pair lol??
At this logic u might as well give BG a pair too, cause you, why not…
Very fail links.

Look at how effective someone is in a full Soldiers set.
Look at how effective someone is in a full Dire set.
Nice balance.

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

Very fail links.

BG is full and is winning against the very Mag you crying about even without a link…
I don’t see the issue.

in WvW

Posted by: Princess.7584

Princess.7584

Very fail links.

BG doesnt need pairing, just ask Anet and people can be moved there.
Just dont forget to say Please and Thank you.

True Story.

in WvW

Rink.6108

I don’t see the issue either. The three strongest servers in wvw-activity got no link and the three after that got a small link that will not really make a big difference. While some may not agree on arenanets selection of the “strongest” servers, I am sure they took into account a lot of data that we cannot see.

@Skyshroud (Night? Dijory here.): DB in its current state really isn’t comparable to any tier1 server. They have a good sea-coverage, but we both have seen them without link the last weeks and have seen their numbers implode during eu-times for example. I think the matchup is quite balanced, DB received better links because of their tanking the last few weeks, but both HoD and CD can beat them. If they still had no link then they would just be dead last again for the next weeks to come and they have seen enough of that lately

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

I don’t know what some people in this thread are talking about. Mag got a link because they needed one. They are relying on their link to provide some of the population. BG is still beating them, and MagET and FASoR are about even.

All tiers are pretty even now, much moreso than in the past before linkings. I would even bet that all servers are close enough to fight each other with the exception of
BG, they’re still super stacked. SBIGoM fought TC and JQ last week and did well. I’d be we could make any combo of matches and it wouldn’t be a complete blowout like it used to be if a low tier faced a higher tier.

Linkings are working! (At least for NA) I’m ready for BG, bring ’em on!

in WvW

morrolan.9608

If you already have the population to be competitive but half your population logs off the second you wipe or your pug commander tags down, the solution isn’t that you need moar numbers.

Which doesn’t happen, JQ is casual in having people play very limited time during a week because thats the only time they want to play a stake game, not because they only play when there’s a huge blob or are logging off after 1 defeat.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

(edited by morrolan.9608)

in WvW

Posted by: gebrechen.5643

gebrechen.5643

What is “working fine”. At the moment it’s “one server has huge NA and is winning NA timezone” and “the other server has OCX and is winning OCX”. In the end the scores are close but no one had a good match.
JQ is always doing pretty well on reset and with TW as “new” guild even better in the first hours.
EU is still dead and we fight with 15 against tc (which have a 40+ queue for EB), on OCX there is no competition, on SEA there is Cloud Fly with a bunch of pugs (don’t know how good their fights are)

And that’s not different to many other servers. So how is it “working fine”? To get the links working Anet should stop the transfering by making them more expensive and limiting them to one transfer per 3-6 month and get f2p accounts out of wvw before hitting 80.
Meanwhile you should give wvw players something to keep them playing. Like a reworked “outnumbered” buff. And while on it, give people a reason to transfer to low population servers like the buff in warhammer – but exclusively for wvw.

Some people die on epidemic, other have skill.
- great warlord Waha of Sea 2981bc

(edited by gebrechen.5643)

in WvW

X T D.6458

You give the server winning T1 a link? lolwut? Who is making these decisions? And could you please explain them? I think we’d all like to be enlightened on this since it seems pretty nonsensical.

They were only winning because they had a good link before. (The proof is already showing in the total score)

Thankfully for us we have been moved elsewhere. I feel bad for ET though.. :P … although ET might be a small group in WvW but they are some of the best people I know!

*Sorry Jim, if you’re on Mag… I suspect you’re not one of those I ever had to block :P *

ET had some very nice people when we were linked with them, and I wish them a lot of luck dealing with the mag.

in WvW

X T D.6458

Very fail links.

BG doesnt need pairing, just ask Anet and people can be moved there.
Just dont forget to say Please and Thank you.

True Story.

Nah its because if we did, people like you would never let it go.

in WvW

Posted by: James Rustler.7860

James Rustler.7860

I don’t know what some people in this thread are talking about. Mag got a link because they needed one. They are relying on their link to provide some of the population. BG is still beating them, and MagET and FASoR are about even.

All tiers are pretty even now, much moreso than in the past before linkings. I would even bet that all servers are close enough to fight each other with the exception of
BG, they’re still super stacked. SBIGoM fought TC and JQ last week and did well. I’d be we could make any combo of matches and it wouldn’t be a complete blowout like it used to be if a low tier faced a higher tier.

Mag made it pretty clear last night that they consider ET a waste of space. With the way their community is, a link will hurt them more than it will help—any server they’re paired with is more likely to turn on them than help them.

in WvW

X T D.6458

Mag made it pretty clear last night that they consider ET a waste of space. With the way their community is, a link will hurt them more than it will help—any server they’re paired with is more likely to turn on them than help them.

Good Ole’ Mag, keep trolling and turning away your militia, and linked players, then complain you cant compete and get burned out.

I said it many times already, stop linking the top servers. Keep linking where it needs to be, the lower tiers to help their populations, and stop subjecting those servers to the crap that goes on in upper tiers.

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

Hey you got no argument from me there. Mag are a bunch of jerks. I would not want to be paired with them. I would be in favor of not giving Mag a link just because of that reason. But Anet can’t do that. They do it by population.

in WvW

DeWolfe.2174

^This.

JQ is currently winning the T2 match without a server link. Seems like the T2 match is pretty even.

That’s because it’s the weekend and some of our Sea came on for reset. Today we have some NA playing during EU, etc. Once the work week begins, that coverage and man power goes poof!

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in WvW

Chaba.5410

^This.

That’s because it’s the weekend and some of our Sea came on for reset. Today we have some NA playing during EU, etc. Once the work week begins, that coverage and man power goes poof!

Basically what happens to most servers.

Chaba Tangnu

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

For the record, this is the NA version. Here is the EU list : https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/EU-World-Linking-28-October/first#post6382360
The year is 2016.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

EU got their thread locked even before it started… Anet don’t want to hear people crying about stuff such as “Now Drakkar Lake is in a bad position like Gunnar’s Hold was.” or “Why Vizunah Square have 2 links?” or “Why Piken Square (2nd) have no link and Jade Sea (3rd) does if they are on the same tier?”

And honestly, while I’m loving dem tears, NA one should have received the same treatment. They won’t answer the question these people want answered anyway, so why bother?

(edited by Jeknar.6184)

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

EU got their thread locked even before it started… Anet don’t want to hear people crying about stuff such as “Now Drakkar Lake is in a bad position like Gunnar’s Hold was.” or “Why Vizunah Square have 2 links?” or “Why Piken Square (2nd) have no link and Jade Sea (3rd) does if they are on the same tier?”

And honestly, while I’m loving dem tears, NA one should have received the same treatment. They won’t answer the question these people want answered anyway, so why bother?

As far as I know, Piken Square and Far Shiverpeaks are pretty kitten happy about being unlinked

It’s actually a good thing they seem to be ignoring EU. Maybe they’ll ignore it enough to let it float back to solo servers for all. You NA kids can have the shiny new stuff.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

^This.

Basically what happens to most servers.

You realize logic never works, right?

L’enfer, c’est les autres