Name 3 "easy" improvements for WvW

in WvW

Posted by: holska.4127

holska.4127

1. Close down free transfers.
2. Make it possible to de-activate the commander icon while still being able to start a squad. Or allow for bigger group sizes in WvW than the current 5 but without having a commander title.
3. Implement some sort of lobby (for example with portals to the JPs) with things to do and services appropriate to WvW so on servers with queue’s you can hang out in something WvW’ish instead of camping PvE / in LA until the queue pops. This could be added to Heart of the Mists as a separate area.
Or make some sort of overflow map which is smaller than the “real” ones, without counting for the points tally but with WvW related rewards (siege, badges).

in WvW

Posted by: Doomdesire.9365

Doomdesire.9365

Wall jumping exploits and wall penetration exploits/hacks. That why when you are able to take a tower by yourself or with a few teammates, not everyone is quick to falsely accuse you of hacking

in WvW

Posted by: Shadow.3475

Shadow.3475

1. Fix autoloot so it loots every bag as soon as it drops (make it a chose so you can chose Autoloot or loot all in bag with 1 click)

2. Add Daily and Monthly World vs World so you separate PVE and PVP Daily / Monthly. (set so JP, Cheast and everything else that have 24hour CD instead get reset when Daily is reset)

3. Remove 10% off siege weapon “life” ever 30min and add so Engineers can repiar siege weapons.

4. Change so you need to be out off combat to go in to Stealth.

5. Add a 100% Resist to getting polled for 10sec after you get polled, as it is now your character can be bounched around like crazy when 10 difrent players use Poll.

(edited by Shadow.3475)

in WvW

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

3. Remove 10% off siege weapon “life” ever 30min and add so Engineers can repiar siege weapons.

That would make engineers the far superior class for WvW and totally destroy the balance.

4. Change so you need to be out off combat to go in to Stealth.

Stealth (without culling) is fine, learn to play against.

5. Add a 100% Resist to getting polled for 10sec after you get polled, as it is now your character can be bounched around like crazy when 10 difrent players use Poll.

Learn to use stability/dodge or don’t try to fight 10 players at once o.O

in WvW

Posted by: smiley.1438

smiley.1438

For those mentioning culling its clearly not an easy fix.

Nevertheless, it is the most important one.
A PvP where you never see your opponents before either you or them are dead is superfluous.

I agree with that, it should be anets top priority.

Actually, i could live with all the culling issues if all those keep/tower/spawn exploits wouldn’t exist.

so:

1. fix clipping issues
2. make upgrading stuff more rewarding
3. make defending stuff more rewarding

in WvW

Posted by: Ashlov.3819

Ashlov.3819

1) No more corpse spying.
2) More cowbell.
3) Less wintersday bell.

Chuck Chuck Bobuck – Dwarec Mercs [DM] – NA Guild on Sanctum of Rall
http://www.dwarecmercs.com
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3DARC_rwUQ

in WvW

Posted by: micmartin.7465

micmartin.7465

1-Balance thief. I suggest adding 10 second cooldown once they attack before they can stealth. Another suggestion would be to reduce their movement speed when stealth and with their skills since quickness and unlimited stealth is rridiculous. I have been killed by many thieves whom I cant even hit since they stealth repeatedly. They slowly weaken me and I cannot strike them. I consider myself above average with my skills so averaging 25% success with thieves compared to a much higher 80% for other classes. I basically get killed almost all the time by thieves and win most of the other times. I have tried to change my strategy a few times but nothing can help counter their abilities.
2-Improve communication such as chat for other maps, allow siege weapons to be mark on map or rendez-vous and alert attacks. I would love voice so communication can be quicker instead of typing but I understand it asking a lot.
3-Outmanned buff should be stronger.
Also fix other exploits when possible please. Thank you.

in WvW

Posted by: tonny.7580

tonny.7580

hes right but proplem is EB JP arean party 2 mesmers jump the puzzel then the go to the spot where activad the traps and then the start bulling in there guild by for u know u have 100 far shivpereek A holes there seting up turreds arrow card sieges wepons i mean i am ad the sec i see 5 mesmer make soo many portals thad people didnt needto jump and there just farming all day here people ifen stop coming to eb jp with thad camp no point in coing dead trap i mean worst ting is EB JP arean for charr char expesial

in WvW

Posted by: bloodwych.7594

bloodwych.7594

My 13 suggestions (in order of importance) :

1. Place population limits in Borderlands (maybe not in Eternal). E.g. : if on Green BL are logged 30 greens (without counting anyone with determined buff) then reds cannot be more than 133% = 1.333 * 30 = 40 logged, same with blues. That way it’s more difficult for 1 server to conquer all 4 maps (particularly at night time)
2. Lessen meshes’ level of detail. Use directx’s progressive meshes or even better simplification meshes.
3. New rating system. At end of week : if (Currenttier first server’s rating / Currenttier second server’s rating > 1.20) AND [(Uppertier second server’s rating / Uppertier third server’s rating > 1.20) OR (Uppertier first server’s rating / Uppertier second server’s rating > 1.20)] then swap Currenttier first server with the Uppertier third server.
4. Return Orb system (needs exploiting protection though).
5. Improve outmanned buff to give more combat stats.
6. Show enemy full name. Maybe keep the mechanic that enemies can’t whisper each other inside wvw.
7. Increase wvw rewards (items + badges + gold). Fractals drop lots of exotics and rares, 1 HotW run gives easy 2-3g.
8. Make defending more rewarding. E.g. : if attackers get to damage the lord but the defenders manage to drive them off, then double defenders’ reward.
9. To make wvw a bit more tactical / defensive / epic, towers and keeps shouldn’t be attackable for some time (maybe 10 min ?) after they are captured. That would give the defenders some time to organize their defenses.
10. Use karma in wvw in some way (maybe buy siege).
11. Add some kind of server recognition of a guild’s contribution to wvw. E.g. : at map screen when mouse cursor is over a camp/tower/keep then display the claiming guild and what upgrades they have done.
12. Autoloot bags.
13. Decrease wvw titles requirements.

in WvW

Posted by: CorliCorso.6254

CorliCorso.6254

1. Bring back Orbs – but swap the benefits of Orbs and Outmanned. Outmanned should make you tougher, with Orbs giving more rewards.

2. I’d really like to be able to carry extra supplies. As a trade-off let them replace our weapon slots & slow us down. Having a small group of players running supplies, along with more players needed to protect them, would add a whole new aspect of gameplay.

3. Stop despawning siege. It’s incredibly frustrating. Having siege weapons there when you don’t need them, then vanish when you need them, is absolutely ridiculous. Cannons & mortars don’t vanish, so why should the ballista that I spent my own money on do so?

in WvW

Posted by: CorliCorso.6254

CorliCorso.6254

No, I’d say close down free transfers to the most highly-populated servers.

Contrast this by giving some kind of reward a month after joining a low population server.

in WvW

Posted by: holska.4127

holska.4127

No, I’d say close down free transfers to the most highly-populated servers.

Contrast this by giving some kind of reward a month after joining a low population server.

That wouldn’t stop the bandwagoning. Folks will then just pick a server that’s under the max. amount to count as high population and all transfer there at once to still create their super server and disrupt the impacted servers’ population.
For example like this: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/An-Exciting-Opportunity-and-Challenge/first#post1094735

(edited by holska.4127)

in WvW

Posted by: Korgov.7645

Korgov.7645

1. Mesmer portal is usable by mesmer herself only. And of course while not controlling a Golem.
  2. Add Exit WvW option to World Vs World [B] dialog’s dropdown menu. Only usable when out-of-combat. There have been dozens of new players asking how to leave WvW.
  3. Remove bank services, trading post agents, crafting stations, crafting vendors and portals to Lion’s Arch from WvW. Do your loitering in a city of your choice – not in WvW.
Sulkshine – Mesmer
This won’t hurt [Much]
Ring of Fire

in WvW

Shadow.3475

Iavra.8510 no it would make Engineer useful in World vs World, as Mesmer is with their portals and all that can stealth are with killing and so on.

What you can do is that its only posible to repair Siege weapon when its not under attack/used.

in WvW

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

If i would implement a “repair this” option, i would put some limitations on it:
- needs supply (equal to the amount of damage dealt, rounded up).
- golems and trebs can’t be repaired.
- siege hasn’t been in use or under attack for at least 10 mins.

Well, that last point would need some finetuning about the actual timespan, but it should only be possible between battles not during those.

in WvW

Posted by: Maelwaedd.5842

Maelwaedd.5842

1. Guild party, like commander but up to 10 people, which can be increased with guild influence

2. adjustable culling, let us decide how much culling we get so we can max computer settings

3. make an exit WvW button like enter WvW button

Maelwaedd Sylvari Necromancer Blackgate
Resonance WvW Officer
http://resonancegaming.com.au

in WvW

Posted by: Xolo.3580

Xolo.3580

Some good suggestions here already. I like the autoloot suggestion; corpse spying (dead enemy lying around at vital spot on the map to check troop movements) really is a bit odd, too.
The idea of a temporary waypoint is really cool, because oftentimes you do have to run for minutes to get to a battle, so players tend to zerg more to avoid that fate. This would have to be balanced carefully however: you shouldn’t be able to create a WP right next to an enemy keep or flood the map with them. Maybe make it a one-time consumable that only respawns (while the old despawns) once an hour and that you have to fight for? Sound like a good objective for smaller groups

in WvW

Posted by: Toxic.4320

Toxic.4320

1) laying around dead <— get rid of it
2) lose jp and PvE elements from a PvP map. annoying to no end when you are trying to save a keep and people junk up map chat whinging for help with it.
3) allow auto looting. I’ve lost more loot bags because I get roflstomped before I can pick it up.

as always , fix the culling. it’s getting so bad that I have cut my WvW time to less than half of what I used to do.

Ethos Mores [KWBH] Commander, Ranger
Nontoxicwench [KWBH] Guardian
Gefarhlich Madchen [KWBH] Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

1.) Siegerazaer NPC should be disabled if your server is leading in points.

2.) If your server is leading in points, everyone in your server gets a server bonus of +33% MF, +33% Exp Gain, +33% Karma Gain, +33% Influence Gain, +33% Gold found on drops and +33% more tokens gained from dungeons.

3.) A new Outmanned Buff called “Desperation Buff” should be introduced for the 3rd place server. It activates when the the 3rd place server’s score is equal to or below 50% compared to the 1st place server’s score. “Desperation Buff” gives the losing team +150 attribute buff, + 25% HP/Attack/Armor Increase and a 100hp/sec regen while in WvW. (maybe this buffs are a little too much, but somewhere along these lines.)

This suggestions is focused on encouraging players to join the WvW effort.

Agreed, agreed and agreed.
outbreak shouldn’t be available for an entire zerg anyways. we kept fighting 20 invaders off and after the 3 breakout even started we decided t leave the commander alive so the event would’t start again. lol we managed to repair the wall on him and he got stuck there and we left him for like an hour XD

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

1. Fix culling

2. Only allow for resurrections while out of combat.

3. Reviving should be interrupted by damage.

4. Limit “tag” duration and distance for Rallying.

5. Make the JP only accessible via Stormmist Castle.

in WvW

Posted by: Zosk.5609

Zosk.5609

I have two sets:

One is stuff so people concentrate more on fights:

1) Real auto-loot in WvWvW. (No having to check for glowy bags if you need badges)
2) Remove any trash mobs and PvE junk that’s not related to the WvWvW campaign.
3) More waypoints or easier to upgrade-to waypoints in the major structures.

One is more combat-related..

1) Drastically reduce the amount of pets, teleporting, stealthing, and portaling.
2) Provide options to turn down/off non-useful and over the top spell effects, provide feedback on downed and dead players (as above mentioned, maybe different color names)
3) Siege needs to be about fighting doors, walls and other siege…not players.

in WvW

Shadow.3475

Iavra.8510 and all should be able to stealth and all should be able to Portal, Listen to the name Engineer its so obvious on the name that he/she should be able to fix Siege weapons, other solution would be that it cost 100% for all except Engineer for them it cost 50% to Repair.

Engineers need some Love from Arenanet

in WvW

Posted by: Serious.6940

Serious.6940

2. adjustable culling, let us decide how much culling we get so we can max computer settings

The problem might be less your computer’s ability to process information than their server’s ability to send it.

2.) If your server is leading in points, everyone in your server gets a server bonus of +33% MF, +33% Exp Gain, +33% Karma Gain, +33% Influence Gain, +33% Gold found on drops and +33% more tokens gained from dungeons.

This may be brilliant for the servers in the lead, but how will it encourage those on the other servers to join in? The most common situation is the leading server has advantages anyway.

This also brings in the orbs, which several people have asked to be returned. The reason this was removed was simply that the leading world, who usually ended up with all 3 orbs would have massive advantages anyway without this extra advantage.

(edited by Serious.6940)

in WvW

Posted by: Zinnny.3192

Zinnny.3192

Hey this is a great thread, I have seen a lot of really good constructive ideas that could be used to help make WvW better. Some of my favorites are:

*Engineers can fix siege —> It is a good idea and really fits with the class, while making them have more contribution to this part of the game.

*Can carry more siege —> could be that you are able to carry your normal 10 siege, but then have the option to carry 5-10 more as a “object” meaning you would lose your weapon skills. If you drop the siege it is gone (or alternatively it is neutral siege and the enemy can pick it up). This would add the ability for supply runs, but those players would need some sort of protection.

1) Make a promotion/relegation system for servers. Each week the 1st place server would move up and the 3rd place server would move down.

2) Implement some sort of ranking system into WvW (similar to sPvP). Have something like 10 levels of “Enlisted” rank, which would not have any limit to the number of people with that rank. Then add 5 or so levels of “Officer” rank with a cap to how many players can hold this (recalculated each week). The Officer rank would reward hardcore players. It would be fun to know what rank enemies you’re fighting against (i.e. oh —-- its the enemy general, run!).

Then make the commander symbol available to the top 5 (with a special gold symbol for the “general” always displayed when they’re on) players currently on the map (will say “you are eligible for commander status, would you like to activate it”). If someone of a higher rank comes in, it will take it away from the lowest rank.

If they did this they would have to also allow guild commander symbols bought with influence that can only be seen by members of the guild (shown in a different color).

3) Not sure how I feel about this idea, but it might be interesting…Allow the ability to mark artillery strikes (ie red dot on mini map for particular siege weaponry to attack). Maybe can only be done by commander (or he can give player “scout” status).

I would really like to hear some feedback on my ideas, particularly #2, have been thinking about that one for a while.

in WvW

Posted by: Ubi.4136

Ubi.4136

1. Auto-loot – meaning, it just goes straight in my bags, not just nearby on the ground. I don’t have time to pick up loot half the time, and keep repairs/upgrades cost money.

2. Disable breakout events for the team in first place in a tier. Why, when a server is up by the combined point total of the other 2 servers do they need it?

3. Give siege weight…yes like DAoC. There is no reason that one person should be able to carry and deploy that much siege. Maybe add a trait line with up to 5 pts available, that can increase how much total siege you can carry. And yes, I am one of those people running around with like 10-50 of each item in my bag. In doing so, also give us a place in our storage vault to store our extra blueprints, since we won’t be running around with all of it. This makes choice of siege and placement that much more important.

Lost in the Maguuma [TC]
Te Nosce [TC]

in WvW

Posted by: Ninth Requiem.3250

Ninth Requiem.3250

For the very easy changes :
1) Any player who is invulnerable should also deal no damage to fix the “problem” camps.
2) Increase badge drop rate to bring time required for WvW armor closer in line with dungeons, and add Ascended tier accessories (requiring high numbers of badges)
3) Fix numbers on WvW achievements

in WvW

Posted by: Omaris Mortuus Est.2738

Omaris Mortuus Est.2738

1) Fix bugs & glitches
2) Fix exploits
3) Ban bots.

Simplz.

Macros, you can use them as long as they arent macros.
Remember to buy the officially endorsed GW2 Steel Series Keyboard, it supports macros!
WvW, we only care if it affects the servers we play on.

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

3. Give siege weight…yes like DAoC. There is no reason that one person should be able to carry and deploy that much siege. Maybe add a trait line with up to 5 pts available, that can increase how much total siege you can carry. And yes, I am one of those people running around with like 10-50 of each item in my bag. In doing so, also give us a place in our storage vault to store our extra blueprints, since we won’t be running around with all of it. This makes choice of siege and placement that much more important.

You are carrying a BLUEPRINT (a kitten piece of paper), not a whole siege weapon… Otherwise you wouldn’t need supplies to build it… Only time.

*Can carry more siege —> could be that you are able to carry your normal 10 siege, but then have the option to carry 5-10 more as a “object” meaning you would lose your weapon skills. If you drop the siege it is gone (or alternatively it is neutral siege and the enemy can pick it up). This would add the ability for supply runs, but those players would need some sort of protection.

That would make caravans useless…

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: Mighty Ice Arrow.9268

Mighty Ice Arrow.9268

I’m wondering what everyone thinks could be easy to do improvements and fixes for a better WvW experience. Please note 3 and try to be brief so the feedback is easier to digest for dev eyes.
(Culling doesn’t count, since it’s not an easy fix and being worked on anyway)

1) Name plates of dead players greyed out for much better overview.
Seriously, how much spamming of skills on nothing would that avoid? It would also likely improve frame rates for everyone.

2) Profession symbols for enemy players.
Small and easy change for big impact on overview. This would make planning for an impending engagement so much more doable.

3) More stuff to do for smaller groups.
Might not be an “easy” fix, but I feel that steamrolling around with a 50 man zerg is not the most interesting form of PvP.

WvWvW isnt PvP, thats one of the big mistkes people do, dut thats an inprovement for players.
1) JP removed or only accessed once a day per account after killing a specific number the enemies in WvWVW (great idea Victory);
2) Prizes for wining servers, can be statues in LA, or prizes for players (for instance for those that achieved the monthly kill objective)
3) Drop rate of badges and blue prints, as loot, are very low. must be improved (less incentive to grinding JP)

GW 1 or GW2 I ‘love them since 1st day
Mighty Ice Arrow – Ranger lev 80
Os Lusitanos [PT] – Portugal

in WvW

Posted by: SilencingMachine.5049

SilencingMachine.5049

Assuming the overall issues are fixed (culling, terrain bugs, etc), which they will be. Some things I would like to see…..

1. LARGER maps….maps are too small and allow zergs to…well, zerg.
2. fix AOE targetting from on top of walls for defense. You can target from below them easily and hit anywhere on top. But from on top of the wall, ground targetting near the keep is almost impossible…you have to stand on top of the wall edge to even get a chance and can then get yanked off the wall….so what defense is the wall for the defender then? It is just a big LOS issue. =)
3. Allow PLAYERS to select WHICH commander icons they want to see. (ie. allow a toggle on/off) Sure, that person bought their commander pin, but that doesn’t mean I as a player have to recognize them as a commander. Allow ME to pick which commanders I want to see on map. Likewise (and I mentioned this in another thread before) allow us to select the color for the commander pins so we can follow the ones we want on map by color as well. Helps with groups following commanders.

-Naturale
Huntsmen(HM) elem
Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: Zinnny.3192

Zinnny.3192

You are carrying a BLUEPRINT (a kitten piece of paper), not a whole siege weapon… Otherwise you wouldn’t need supplies to build it… Only time.

That would make caravans useless…

Not necessarily this would only be really useful for attacking a keep. As far as I know you are not able to drop siege off at a castle (to be used for upgrades) so it would not help with keep upgrades. Rather it would allow attackers to set up their attack siege faster but at the price of increased vulnerability for those carrying the supply (they wouldn’t be able to use their weapon skills), so if they run into the enemy without people guarding them, then they will only have the option to run away or drop the supply and fight.

in WvW

Posted by: etiolate.9185

etiolate.9185

-Move loot/badges to a vendor that keeps track of your kills. When you visit the vendor, your kills equate to # of badges and a chest with gold and random loot.
Keep the current loot system for PVE mobs though.
-Add more skins and gear combinations to the badge vendor
-Have the first week of every month be a random match-up so that servers don’t get stuck facing the same servers over and over again.

Zed Zebes – SBI Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: BroScientist.9875

BroScientist.9875

1.)Just a convenience improvement but when you mouse over a base(tower,keep,castle, whatever) information should pop up, such as amount of supply in tower, bought upgrades, upgrades being worked on, etc. It would help the overall cohesion of players so everyone knows where to focus resources. Oftentimes, players will unknowingly take supply from a base that is currently being upgraded. If we have mouse-over information pop up, then players will know where to take supply or not. (PlanetSide 1 did this very well, if you need inspiration).

2.)Also, maybe commanders could place defensive or offensive icons over bases/ground to more easily organize the zerg.

3.) Add a commander chat channel that only commanders have access to. Commanders will more easily be able to communicate behind the scenes, without bogging down other chat channels.

4. When a commander speaks, we should know it. It should either be highlighted in blue or add a separate chat channel called “orders” so everyone knows who is talking and who to listen to.

Also, more/better benefits to outmanned buff. Maybe decreased repair costs?

(edited by BroScientist.9875)

in WvW

Posted by: Rin.1046

Rin.1046

1. Remove Jumping Puzzles from WvW.
2. Make Badges of Honor for purchasing WvW items ONLY.
3. Remove WvW Vistas, Points of Interest and Skill Points from World Complete.

Simplicity is complex.

Good feedback is key to getting the developers to listen to you.

in WvW

Posted by: Sundog.9380

Sundog.9380

1) Culling (though you said easy! lol)
2) No Rally’s on the death of PvE Mobs in WvW
3) Siege Weapons need internal timers (IE: they don’t last FOREVER… like 1hr or something):
- Repair Seige ability
- Deconstruct Seige ability (giving some supply back, but not all)

I really wish siege didn’t despawn at all. Nothing I hate more than spending hard earned gold on siege to see it disappear because it didn’t get tagged every 30 minutes to keep it from disappearing. And having to refresh siege is such a tedious PITA.

Deconstructing Siege would be abused. People would use alt accounts and run around getting rid of siege before a push on a keep. Might work if the owner who placed it is the only one who can remove it. Nice idea for removing rams after they were used and hopefully getting some supply back and even better if a chance of getting a blueprint back.

in WvW

Posted by: Elochai.1280

Elochai.1280

WvWvW isnt PvP, thats one of the big mistkes people do, dut thats an inprovement for players.
1) JP removed or only accessed once a day per account after killing a specific number the enemies in WvWVW (great idea Victory);
2) Prizes for wining servers, can be statues in LA, or prizes for players (for instance for those that achieved the monthly kill objective)
3) Drop rate of badges and blue prints, as loot, are very low. must be improved (less incentive to grinding JP)

GW 1 or GW2 I ‘love them since 1st day
Mighty Ice Arrow – Ranger lev 80
Os Lusitanos [PT] – Portugal

Yes wvw is pvp. Not sure where you get the idea that it isnt.

Elochai Rendar 80 Warrior/Anskar Rendar 80 Necromancer/Rylea Rendar 80 Thief/Kento Rendar 80 Ranger
Commander

in WvW

Posted by: Omaris Mortuus Est.2738

Omaris Mortuus Est.2738

1. Remove Jumping Puzzles from WvW.
2. Make Badges of Honor for purchasing WvW items ONLY.
3. Remove WvW Vistas, Points of Interest and Skill Points from World Complete.

Indeed, WvW is WvW but thanks to some silly planning by Anet we have PvEers in WvW there to do the last bit they need to do rather than contribute to WvW.

I also hear you need Honor Badges for a legendary so again we have PvEers in WvW just there to do the jumping puzzle on each of their characters.

These PvEers are just taking up slots that WvW players want.

Macros, you can use them as long as they arent macros.
Remember to buy the officially endorsed GW2 Steel Series Keyboard, it supports macros!
WvW, we only care if it affects the servers we play on.

in WvW

Posted by: scootshoot.6583

scootshoot.6583

Remove “Badges” as a bag inventory slot. Do what Blizzard did with conquest, honor points etc.

in WvW

Posted by: kreese.9461

kreese.9461

fix the current match up. 3rd place gets dropped down a tier, first place moves up a tier. That way we dont have scenarios of fighting the same server week after week.

this – remove the completely useless and unnecessary rating system making it easier for loosing servers to move down to appropriate tiers and wining ones to move up

lower the zone caps on low tier servers
give priority in wvw queues based on length of time on server

(edited by kreese.9461)

in WvW

Posted by: CHIPS.6018

CHIPS.6018

1) Walls and gates no longer repair themselves after fort capture – This not only adds realism, it allows more counter sieges.
2) Change commander into 3 different grades: Gold, Silver, Bronze – At any given time on one map, the number of commanders are limited to 2 gold, 4 silver and 6 bronze. Gold costs 100g, and would lead the largest zergs. Bronze only costs 10g, and would lead the smaller zergs. This allows more people to take charge and create more divisions in the army, instead of players running around like headless chickens when no 100g commanders are on.
3) Commanders should see the locations of all the allies on the map – this makes it easier to order the players around.

Chipsy Chips(Necromancer) & Char Ashnoble(Thief)
The Order of Dii[Dii]-SBI→Kaineng→TC→JQ
Necro Encyclopedia-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrAjJ1N6hxs

in WvW

Posted by: zen.6091

zen.6091

If culling were an easy fix, it would already be fixed…obviously the game engine has technical limitations that may or may not be fixable.

1. Siege account bound
2. Commander account bound. Commander can see total supply carried by allies in map range. Commander can type a short description of current objective (e.g. flipping camps, taking NE tower, etc.) that can be seen by hovering over icon. Players can see commander’s stats like total hours of WvW played, objectives taken, etc.

Those two are no brainers, but I doubt they will happen because of the gold sink wastage philosophy.

3. WvW utility skill slot. Small selection of classless skills that will enhance WvW and be easy to balance / modify without running into class balance problems. Here are a few ideas:

-Steroid Injection – For 60 seconds you move 50% faster, has some sort of negative aftereffect to prevent combat use, ends if you use a skill. 60 second recharge. This gives everyone equal non-combat mobility for traveling medium / long distance.

-Shield Bubble, or some other type of skill to aid in sieges

-A res skill that ties into a completely overhauled downed / dead system for WvW.

(edited by zen.6091)

in WvW

Posted by: rchu.8945

rchu.8945

In order to shut up all PvE haters out there: Remove the Gift of Battle as req for legendaries (500 Badges of Honor, thus making people who PvE for it come into WvW).

sure, I can agree with that if they remove the 500 dungeon tokens requirement as well…

Sanctum of Rall
Pain Train Choo [Choo]
Mind Smack – Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: Roziel.5720

Roziel.5720

Here are three more.

1)Reduce the effectiveness of the zerg. I can think of a few easy ways to do this, like having siege becoming more powerful like events do the more players are around. So the siege weapons hit the door and stuff harder, but the npcs and defender’s siege hit harder in return. Inversely defenses should also become weaker the more defenders there are. Basically encourage players to spread out more on the map and not just move in a big zerg, and having counters appear when in the area of the ‘event’ would let approaching players know if they would be helping or hindering the current action.

2) Dead player timer. To stop spying and the instant raising of a zerg players should be forced to auto spawn or be unraisable after so long. But either way a corpse should be a corpse and not an undercover agent.

3) Institute more bonuses for holding things. Things like the more towers held the faster the run rate out of combat on that map. Keeps maybe reduce upgrade costs for that faction by say 5%. Supply camps might reduce siege cost with gold or supplies by either 2%.

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

In order to shut up all PvE haters out there: Remove the Gift of Battle as req for legendaries (500 Badges of Honor, thus making people who PvE for it come into WvW).

sure, I can agree with that if they remove the 500 dungeon tokens requirement as well…

People love to Bash that PvE players go “unto their PvP”, but if you want your shiny legendary, you will have to go there and make you 500 badges…
As far as i know, legendaries are 99% PvE stuff and the 500 badges of honor. So why keep this requeriment if PvP’ers hate so much the PvE’ers on their ground?

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: vespers.1759

vespers.1759

1. removal of commander system in favor of a real partying system.
2. less zerging.
3. enemy names.

Bristleback can’t hit anything? Let’s fix the HP bug instead.

in WvW

Posted by: gowansranch.3769

gowansranch.3769

1. remove ALL reviving
2. remove ALL rewards and costs
3. allow only level 80 in

Devs, obviously this guy is kidding. Please move on

in WvW

Posted by: Pinko.2076

Pinko.2076

1) you can see the names of opposing players
2) you can whisper opposing players
3) everyone stop being babies afraid of human interaction in an MMO

in WvW

Posted by: Cosec.9802

Cosec.9802

How about getting a real reporting system done for WvWvW. No one mentioned that one.

in WvW

Posted by: Eviator.9746

Eviator.9746

1. Remove free server transfers (guilds aren’t distributing over servers, they are server hopping so they can get wins)
2. 3-day matches (so that a blowout doesn’t mean 6 days of a bad matchup)
3. The ability to deposit supply acquired from elsewhere on the map (to speed up improvements) (not cross-map) (maybe only 5 supply gets deposited to it doesn’t speed it up too much.

Sheldor the Eidetic (Group Engi) | Shorty McShinkicker (Solo Engi) |Turanga (Solo Mes)
Doing what I can for DB during EU primetime

in WvW

Posted by: Relentliss.2170

Relentliss.2170

1. Supply Camps generate supply as you hold them. Remove the 100 supply they have on capture. This simple move would make supply far more tactical and force good servers to dezerg and protect them.

2. Rank and Skills progression unique to wvw. Skills that improve group mobility, range of siege, more durable siege, things unique to wvw. Some reason to collect skill points and rank in wvw. High rank players could purchase rank which would allow them to form larger and larger groups. Top level players would have a little badge ffor heir side to group on, like a real commander not a TP commander.

3. Lower the badge cost of current gear. Make more stat combo’s available than pvt.

4. Nerf thief stealth and bring spvp for thief nerfs to wvw.

5. Tweak the match up system so it makes sense.

We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional

Anet lied (where’s the Manifesto now?)

(edited by Relentliss.2170)