in WvW

Posted by: Archer.1658

Archer.1658

Following problems:

• ranger?
  • toughness?
  • it’s been doing that much damage for a while, it’s nothing new
  • He Shouldn’t have to switch professions
  • Toughness doesn’t migitate it that much, I have 3k+ armor and still get kill shotted for 8-9k
    *its OP.
Çookies – Mesmer – [GF]/Ebay
Everyone is bad but me.
Anet ruined Gw2.

Nerf Inc?

in WvW

Posted by: Bunzy.8674

Bunzy.8674

just dodge it as he is about to fire

Bunzy – I’m a mother father gentleman
Maguuma
WvW Roaming Videos

Nerf Inc?

in WvW

Posted by: allways.9270

allways.9270

Hahaha .. well .. that covers it .. glass cannon vs a low lvl ..
.. you should have T-argeted him .. build a ballista, wait for him & 2xshoot – to get revenge.

Charr Engineer
Death is Energy [DIE]
Underworld server; WvW – UW border/defence

Nerf Inc?

in WvW

Posted by: Pvp.2758

Pvp.2758

The damage shouldn’t even be that high. It has nothing to do with dodging it.

S(KILL) Gametypes > WvW & sPVP

Nerf Inc?

in WvW

Posted by: naphack.9346

naphack.9346

You DO know, there are skills which can reflect that kittenload of damage right back into the warriors face?

The only crime, turrets committed, is being good against the celestial meta.
The mob has spoken and the turrets shall be burnt at the stake.

Nerf Inc?

in WvW

Posted by: Calle.8746

Calle.8746

QQ topics like these are never gonna get Anets attention. If you want something changed make a contructive topic and argue for your cause. “QQ HE DO TO MUCH DMG CHANGE IT NAO” doesn’t work.

I used to QQ a lot about glass cannon warriors and theives thinking they where super OP for hitting so much. Then I made a glass cannon theif, and a glass cannon warrior and now it doesn’t bother me at all. All you gotta do to beat em’ is dodge and hit em’ once or twice and they’re dead.

You see 1 thing: the damage they do but you forget to take one of the most important things in consideration – how easy they die and how easy it acctually is to dodge them.

Nerf Inc?

in WvW

Posted by: Gisei.5749

Gisei.5749

I give a B+ on the pic. I enjoyed it.

I also enjoy the use of bullets in the 2nd and 3rd posts.

And as an on-topic note, I have never really noticed kill shot in game, though I do see that much damage as being a problem.

~Sorrow’s Furnace~
Guardian

Nerf Inc?

in WvW

Posted by: Ilesyt.7084

Ilesyt.7084

He’s a glass cannon, you’re a glass cannon, I don’t see the problem.

Leader of Deus Ex Machina [DEX]
Ruins of Surmia

Nerf Inc?

in WvW

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

I can do you one better!

Attachments:

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

Nerf Inc?

in WvW

Posted by: Psychatog.8246

Psychatog.8246

He’s a glass cannon, you’re a glass cannon, I don’t see the problem.

^this

not to mention theres a charge up on the skills making it easily dodgable

Nerf Inc?

in WvW

Posted by: Hadrians.4567

Hadrians.4567

Only 15k? Rly “Good” Warrios with Full Glas Cannon Equip are able to hit you for

20-25k!!!

Nerf Inc?

in WvW

naphack.9346

Only 15k? Rly “Good” Warrios with Full Glas Cannon Equip are able to hit you for

20-25k!!!

that was/is a bug, dunno if it got fixed.

Nerf Inc?

in WvW

Hadrians.4567

After Patch

Look at 0:25 20.416 Dmg

Patch only fixed on 15th Nov!

“Fixed a bug that caused many piercing, boomerang, and bouncing projectiles (those that hit more than 1 target) to continually increase in damage the more targets they hit.”

(edited by Hadrians.4567)

Nerf Inc?

in WvW

Posted by: Unfortunately.5940

Unfortunately.5940

OP got some mad Paint skillz.

Differently/Sixtysix Sixes – Fort Aspenwood

Nerf Inc?

in WvW

Posted by: fivekiller.1432

fivekiller.1432

why do you guys all have base hp for your class?

-Desirz Matheon

Nerf Inc?

in WvW

Posted by: Ilesyt.7084

Ilesyt.7084

why do you guys all have base hp for your class?

That is because he’s a glass cannon and he’s complaining about another glass cannon doing insane damage on him.

Leader of Deus Ex Machina [DEX]
Ruins of Surmia

Nerf Inc?

in WvW

Posted by: brunohstein.9038

brunohstein.9038

NERF THAT THIEF RIGHT NAO!

Oh, it’s now a thief? Ok, so.

Nerf Inc?

in WvW

Posted by: Brunners.7251

Brunners.7251

What a surprise.

You got hit for a lot of damage by a glass cannon warrior. From the looks of things you’re a base-hp glass cannon ranger too, right?

What did you really expect, doing that sort of damage is all they can do. A light breeze will kill them. The skill you got hit with has a 2 second cast time and a ridiculously obvious animation. Just…move.

Acadamey Gaming EU [AG] twitch.tv/brunners90

Nerf Inc?

in WvW

Hadrians.4567

@ Brunners

Plz tell me, are u able to hit 20k with a Ranger with one Shot?

Is that balanced? are only Warrios the only Class ( and Thiefes ) what are the only class(es) to to 10-20k with a Single hit? in Glass Cannon Equip?

So anyone who wants to to some huge Dps reroll Warrior or Thief? or play Ranger/Ing./Mesmer/Guardian and don`t wear Glass Cannon Equip?

Last but not Least, is it “fair” to instagib People with just One Shot? or is this Balance?

Dont tell me or others, your own Fault dont wear Glass Cannon Equip go for Life/Deff Equip ? rly?

(edited by Hadrians.4567)

Nerf Inc?

in WvW

Posted by: Akumu.7238

Akumu.7238

Damage > Toughness/Healing in scaling

It’s just another example of how not having the Holy Trinity is overrated. Otherwise our defense and healing would actually matter on the battlefield.

I don’t wanna live a thousand years. If I just live through today, that’ll be enough.

Nerf Inc?

in WvW

Posted by: waeren.9743

waeren.9743

@ Brunners

Plz tell me, are u able to hit 20k with a Ranger with one Shot?

Is that balanced? are only Warrios the only Class ( and Thiefes ) what are the only class(es) to to 10-20k with a Single hit? in Glass Cannon Equip?

So anyone who wants to to some huge Dps reroll Warrior or Thief? or play Ranger/Ing./Mesmer/Guardian and don`t wear Glass Cannon Equip?

Last but not Least, is it “fair” to instagib People with just One Shot? or is this Balance?

Dont tell me or others, your own Fault dont wear Glass Cannon Equip go for Life/Deff Equip ? rly?

There’s tradeoffs, you go full glass cannon and you kill/die fast or you go survivability and do less damage. If you go full glasscannon another glasscannon is going to kill you fast if you don’t see him coming.

It’s your build, it’s you not watching out for the animation. If you would dodge that shot he’d do 0 damage.

Nerf Inc?

in WvW

Posted by: Josh P.1296

Josh P.1296

kittenkitten in this thread. It doesn’t matter if you can avoid it or ways you can avoid it. Regardless, most times this skill is going to be successful especially if you’re in WvW fighting or defending against a zerg or what ever where people aren’t going to notice. It is rather being able to do such damage. Full glass cannon warriors can do anywhere from 13k-25k damage from 1500 range hitting 3 targets. Why does a warrior do a kitten load more ranged damage than any other ranged profession, not to mention warriors are in the highest health pool, and highest armor.

Is this balanced?

Illucéption – Mesmer
Diamond Story – Elementalist
[TSym] Tac Sym

Nerf Inc?

in WvW

Posted by: swilkers.5938

swilkers.5938

I posted a video of 28K in three seconds by a thief. ANET doesn’t give half of one quarter of a kitten about it. The players that play thieves will just laugh when you say anything and tell you to LTP.

Blackgate Server
Charr – Ranger
Human – Guardian

Nerf Inc?

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Problem is that even if you stack close max toughness you still take huge hits. Because of culling you don’t see enemies anyways so it’s not that easy dodge.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

Nerf Inc?

in WvW

Posted by: Vane.2387

Vane.2387

I had that problem too, I played ranger to 80 – then switched to warrior so I could giggle at higher numbers.

=\

Attachments:

Dreadscar – Norn Warrior [ICoa] Blackgate
Vanbrandt – Norn Elementalist [ICoa] Blackgate
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLTzyn6CGHw

Nerf Inc?

in WvW

Posted by: Dredlockrasta.8269

Dredlockrasta.8269

L2Dodge or reflect, nothing needs nerfing here. Also, plant a tree, kill a hunter.

Nerf Inc?

in WvW

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

It wont be nerfed. 1st of all that skill takes around 2 seconds to cast and it roots the warrior in place. So not only cant move at all but it can be dodged. 2ndly those are not average damage numbers. The target has got to be a glass cannon build or a low level with bad gear… 3rdly it requires full adrenaline to pull off decent damage and its only decent if it crits and the warrior has very high crit damage. So folk it wont change. Learn to play and stop calling for nerfs on skills that arn’t game breaking and require a lot of things to happen and a forgiving RNG to play.\

Lastly as always peoples damage calculations are way off.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

(edited by Warlord.9074)

Nerf Inc?

in WvW

Posted by: Scribbles.7493

Scribbles.7493

I wouldn’t want to see this nerfed, because reflecting these shots back at Warriors is kinda fun.

Blacktide – [CIR]
Crimson Imperium Reborn

Nerf Inc?

in WvW

Posted by: Sifu.6527

Sifu.6527

It wont be nerfed. 1st of all that skill takes around 2 seconds to cast and it roots the warrior in place. So not only cant move at all but it can be dodged. 2ndly those are not average damage numbers. The target has got to be a glass cannon build or a low level with bad gear… 3rdly it requires full adrenaline to pull off decent damage and its only decent if it crits and the warrior has very high crit damage. So folk it wont change. Learn to play and stop calling for nerfs on skills that arn’t game breaking and require a lot of things to happen and a forgiving RNG to play.\

You fail to mention that warrior can get 3 bars of adren with a click of a button, Kill Shot is 1500 range, and you can combine it with quickness for a total cast time of 1 sec. Kill Shot hits fully defensive 3,200 armor target for 10-15 K. Should everyone be a free kill for warrior every 60-90 sec? No..

From – Lvl 80 Warrior with 4,600 Attack (no orb needed) and 119 Crit damage built for cheesy kill shot.

Nerf Inc?

in WvW

naphack.9346

until someone reflects that shot back into your face where it deals 30k damage cause you just happened to cast frenzy. Indeed, a cheesy attack. The whole character is one big all-in-glass canon which makes any backstab thief look like a versatile bunker build.

Nerf Inc?

in WvW

Posted by: dank.3680

dank.3680

You fail to mention that warrior can get 3 bars of adren with a click of a button, Kill Shot is 1500 range, and you can combine it with quickness for a total cast time of 1 sec. Kill Shot hits fully defensive 3,200 armor target for 10-15 K. Should everyone be a free kill for warrior every 60-90 sec? No..

From – Lvl 80 Warrior with 4,600 Attack (no orb needed) and 119 Crit damage built for cheesy kill shot.

This. It’s funny how people blindly defend obviously broken crap. Funny that no other class besides warrior and thief can 1 hit someone even if both are full glass but that’s always peoples excuse for it.

But hey, everyone but warriors and thieves should have to wear full vital/toughness gear and put 30 in each tough/vital line to survive one shot from FOTM scrub builds and not be able to kill anything…

#MAGSWAG: All class player. XOXO

Nerf Inc?

in WvW

Posted by: xxxzavulonxxx.8413

xxxzavulonxxx.8413

Are you really complaining about damage? Have you played other MMOs?

[SU]

Nerf Inc?

in WvW

Posted by: Greiger.7092

Greiger.7092

I have a warrior but I don’t use him anymore, and even then I only used a rifle on him in BWE.

Kill shot requires 3 bars of adrenaline to do that kind of damage, 2 seconds to cast and its one of the few player skills that have that big "I’m charging something that will screw you up auras" you see in pve all the time.

In 1v1s or small group vs small group such as sPvP the shot is next to useless. Anybody with half a brain can dodge it or worse yet, reflect it. In a zerg vs zerg the shot is more useful, but in that case a single 15k spike against a group of 20 isn’t all that significant. Sucks for the one that gets hit, but it won’t down you unless you’ve taken other damage, and even if it does, you have 19 guys around you that can get you up in the time it took the warrior to charge the shot.

Warriors specialty is big damage, they don’t have a pet running around, half a dozen minions, exploding clones, sentry guns, the ability to stealth almost at will, or a million defensive abilities and reflects. They just have them. Kill shot is the warrior skill that specializes in big damage. Most of the other adrenaline skills have some secondary effect, kill shot does not.

(edited by Greiger.7092)

Nerf Inc?

in WvW

Posted by: Runty Choir.4893

Runty Choir.4893

Im a lvl80 end game Guardian and whilst there are a couple of glasscannons that have snuck up on me and made a short fight, in a 1v1 i rarely lose. Yes this skill is a bit OP if they snipe into a group with it but if i was fighting a Warr 1v1 and he tried this, he would most definatly be dead. Its a bit of a 1 trick pony and i bet the guys that use it die a lot as well.

Alpha
Victrixx [xVx]

Nerf Inc?

in WvW

Posted by: dekyos.1548

dekyos.1548

yeah I got warrior cannoned like this by some JQ last night, one baited me into the other’s shot and I died instantly.

But, I respawned, ran back, and killed him with 1 grenade barrage and 2 autoattacks using incendiary ammo. The loot bags he dropped were worth more than the repair bill.

Gearmatrix – Level 80 Crash’N’Burn Engineer
[MORD]
SBI WvW Junkie

Nerf Inc?

in WvW

Posted by: teg.1340

teg.1340

Killshot hits pretty hard. But its not that easy to actually land a killshot due to the very long casttime.

If the target recognizes you they can easily dodge the killshot. And even if the target doesnt recognize you chances are good they run out of your sight.

Sure, if you just stand there in place multiple seconds without moving you will get hit… from anyone!

Nerf Inc?

in WvW

Posted by: Azaruil.3406

Azaruil.3406

Warrior and Thief glass cannons do more damage than other glass cannons and also have high survivability compared to other glass cannons. That’s just how it is. MMORPGs are famous for being terrible at balancing classes and so the best option you have is to either reroll or play your class differently.

Aza
“I smell like pomegranate.”

Nerf Inc?

in WvW

Posted by: Ksielvin.1587

Ksielvin.1587

The effect of damage stats you can stack in this game is huge. On the other hand, the skill still needs to be decent for people who aren’t stacking all those glass cannon stats. Their crit multipliers are much smaller and base hits are lower in the first place. Even the glass cannon guy who was shooting here would’ve done only 5k if it didn’t crit. That’s less than double the typical (glass cannon statted) ranged skill 1 in the same time plus extra downsides from the burst skill.

If original poster had 500 more toughness, that would’ve been 10k. Still really big but he could’ve retreated to safety easily in that position. Toughness as full secondary stat gives about 900. A typical guardian running around in Knight’s gear and with protection would’ve only taken 2-4k – if it didn’t get blocked.

What I’m trying to say is that there’s a really wide scale of potential damage here that they have to balance for. From both attacker’s and defender’s stats and effects. And a defensive guy – with only power or condi as secondary stat – should still be able to slowly kill another defensive guy. To avoid stupid bunker situations.

So it’s quite possible that people will never stop being alarmed about damage numbers in this combat system. In the end it’s a game of active defenses. The burst skill has increased weakness to interrupts, blind, block, evade and so on, and self-rooting is more hurtful than in other games in the first place. I think arguing that culling needs fixing if opponent was really within attack range and not visible would be more successful.

(edited by Ksielvin.1587)

Nerf Inc?

in WvW

Posted by: ComeAndSee.1356

ComeAndSee.1356

I’ve been crit for 9.7k Kill Shot with 3,200 armor.

Also, WvW is mass chaos. You don’t have a radar showing the dude behind twenty others is about to nuke you for half your HP.

It’s no different than people saying “lol dodge” when you’re being root / slow spammed and two warriors jump you and haste hundred blades.

Sha Nari – 80 Guardian (http://bit.ly/12RNvtK)
Lorella Windrunner – 80 Thief
Shayera Nightfall – 80 Mesmer

Nerf Inc?

in WvW

naphack.9346

The effect of damage stats you can stack in this game is huge. On the other hand, the skill still needs to be decent for people who aren’t stacking all those glass cannon stats. Their crit multipliers are much smaller and base hits are lower in the first place. Even the glass cannon guy who was shooting here would’ve done only 5k if it didn’t crit. That’s less than double the typical (glass cannon statted) ranged skill 1 in the same time plus extra downsides from the burst skill.

If original poster had 500 more toughness, that would’ve been 10k. Still really big but he could’ve retreated to safety easily in that position. A typical guardian running around in Knight’s gear and with protection would’ve only taken 2-4k – if it didn’t get blocked.

What I’m trying to say is that there’s a really wide scale of potential damage here that they have to balance for. From both attacker’s and defender’s stats and effects. And a defensive guy – with only power or condi as secondary stat – should still be able to slowly kill another defensive guy. To avoid stupid bunker situations.

So it’s quite possible that people will never stop being alarmed about damage numbers in this combat system. In the end it’s a game of active defenses. The burst skill has increased weakness to interrupts, blind, block, evade and so on, and self-rooting is more hurtful than in other games in the first place. I think arguing that culling needs fixing if opponent was really within attack range and not visible would be more successful.

if you really wanna go for a 1hit kill, you can go for a 100% crit(on weapon swap) sigil in your rifle.

Anyway, these kinds of build should not be taken seriously anyway. It’s a joke to think, they’d be any threat on the real battlefield, that is outside pointless 1v1 and 1vx skirmishes. WvW is not decided by kills, it is decided by points.

Nerf Inc?

in WvW

Posted by: brandon.6735

brandon.6735

What!!! First non Nerf thief thread. I like it.

Guardianhipster
Thiefhipster

Nerf Inc?

in WvW

Posted by: Brunners.7251

Brunners.7251

Also, WvW is mass chaos. You don’t have a radar showing the dude behind twenty others is about to nuke you for half your HP.

It’s no different than people saying “lol dodge” when you’re being root / slow spammed and two warriors jump you and haste hundred blades.

If he’s hiding behind 20 others then that kill shot practically becomes insignificant.

If you have an equal number of people then you’ll immediately be rezzed and no harm no foul.

If you’re outnumbered, chances are you’re dead anyway. If you just run away from the zerg you’ll almost certainly run out of that warriors LOS or range. Even if he does hit you, well. That’s zergs for you. Stuff like that will happen.

Kill Shot is a large animation self rooting, long cast time skill. All you need to do is move, run away, block or reflect. If he’s cut his cast time to 1s it means he’s hit frenzy. Reflect that sucker back for 30k hit.

Acadamey Gaming EU [AG] twitch.tv/brunners90

Nerf Inc?

in WvW

Posted by: testpig.5018

testpig.5018

80, full exotic.

yea i see a major problem here.. you were hit with 13k kill shot.. when you clearly have 15k health. They either need to rename the skill to “Not really a Kill Shot” OR increase it’s damage to 100% of the targets life.

Nerf Inc?

in WvW

Posted by: Greiger.7092

Greiger.7092

It’s no different than people saying "lol dodge" when you’re being root / slow spammed and two warriors jump you and haste hundred blades.

Sure like I said in my post up there in a zerg vs zerg it is a nuke for half your hp. You’d have to be really perceptive to spot a warrior aiming a kill shot at you there.

But guess what? You aren’t dead when yer downed, your zerg can get you up in about the time it took for that warrior to take the shot unless A, you are too far forward for your friends to help, in which case you would probably be dead anyway, or B, Your friends are retreating and you were behind the rest, which again, yer dead anyway.

Kill shot is a one trick pony, from using it in BWE there are more situations where it would be downright stupid to use it, then there are opportunities. Other adrenaline attacks don’t really have times where using them is actively detrimental like kill shot does.

Even in a zerg vs zerg which I feel is the ideal situation to use it, unless you pick off people at just the right part of the zerg, they will just get right back up like nothing happened. You also need to pray that the zerg isn’t competently led, and there are no guardians dropping reflect walls in front of the group, which would again make kill shot a stupid skill to use.

I stopped using the rifle on my warrior because killshot is just too kitten situational to be useful, outside of the rare one in a million perfect shot at the perfect time.

Nerf Inc?

in WvW

Posted by: brandon.6735

brandon.6735

I think it comes down to that classes can easily buff them self for a short time to get incredible damage.

Guardianhipster
Thiefhipster

Nerf Inc?

in WvW

Posted by: Braxxus.2904

Braxxus.2904

Funny that no other class besides warrior and thief can 1 hit someone even if both are full glass

Oh?

Really.

Rifle Engineer 100-0’ing everyone in less than 2 seconds upon initial contact. Most within 1 second
http://youtu.be/PJkTMqJOWvU

Elementalist doing 23.5k damage to people in less than 2 seconds from initial contact.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BDQGDELcUk

Hmmm, methinks you’re just in denial about the other glass cannon “1-hitter-quitter” builds out there on other classes.

Blackwater Vanguard
Yaks Bend

(edited by Braxxus.2904)

Nerf Inc?

in WvW

Posted by: Pvp.2758

Pvp.2758

Funny that no other class besides warrior and thief can 1 hit someone even if both are full glass

Oh?

Really.

Rifle Engineer 100-0’ing everyone in less than 2 seconds upon initial contact. Most within 1 second
http://youtu.be/PJkTMqJOWvU

Elementalist doing 23.5k damage to people in less than 2 seconds from initial contact.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BDQGDELcUk

Hmmm, methinks you’re just in denial about the other glass cannon “1-hitter-quitter” builds out there on other classes.

Engineer video was in September.

Ele video is deleted.

Rangers could 100-0 people during beta but we are talking about now, not then.

S(KILL) Gametypes > WvW & sPVP

Nerf Inc?

in WvW

Posted by: Katsumoto.9452

Katsumoto.9452

Thief
OMG 20k damage using all utilities, so once every 45 seconds, with steal-cnd-backstab from melee range and has to hit in the back to pull off that damage. Forum rages calls for nerfs.

Warrior
20k damage, not melee but 1500 range no less, once every 45 seconds i’d guess to charge up the adrenaline, no specific angle required. Forum mentions it but who cares right. Warriors should only get buffs.

kitten?

I didn’t ever mind backstab, still don’t. I don’t particularly mind this either. However get some consistency, if backstab rotations are broken this is too, perhaps even more so.

Aurora Glade [EU]