Nerf the domination of Coverage

in WvW

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

The problem

The problem is that the effort of the majority of players is quiete irrelevant for the match result, only a small minority of off-time players decides the outcome of matches. (aka night/morning/day-capping)

This is the consequence of the fact that the amount of objective points available to capture for scoring is always equal, i.e. independent of the no of players that currently play WvW. Of cource the fewer people are in WvW, the easier is it for a side to dominate and the fewer people are in WvW, the easier is it achieve a major imbalance in scoring. While you need to be really good to achieve a 300:200:200 in prime-time for more than 1 tick, a 500:100:100 over several ticks is quite common in off-time.

As a consequence only a minority of players decides match results and by that dominate the majority of players.
The main-time players are discriminated with respect to off-time players in several aspects:
- they cannot play immediately but have to wait in a queue
- their effort is much less relevant (sometimes even irrelevant) for match result
- they are less worthy for the server

Especially the last point can be seen in many recruitement threads: If you are an off-time player we warmly welcome you, if you mainly play in prime-time stay away, we cannot hinder you, but we don’t want you.

The negative consequences

concentration As only a few servers have good off-time coverage (by definition the number of off-time players is smaller, or the off-time would turn into a prime-time), people that care about winning and loosing a match concentrate on these few server.

indifference You hear more and more
- "I better do not care about points, … "
- “I’ve no influence on winning or loosing”
- “Why should I spend money for upgrades/defensive siege, it will be gone when I go to bed.”
- ….
Over time such helplessness demotivates people to play WvW/Guildwars2.

imbalance
Server are different in their time-profile (caused by culture or by different time-zone majorities). As the rating of a server is based on performance averaged over time.
Very imbalanced matches may result. A example of this was Baruch Bay in the EU-ladder. Matches with them where nearly never balanced (e.g. see graphic in
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/matchups/SFR-Kodash-Baruch/2254763). They dominated when others where sleeping, and they were dominated other times of the day.
But the amount of time with interesting fights was very limited, therefore the resulting matches where quite imbalanced (and therefore boring) most of the time.

overcommitment followed by burn-out
During the league several server were overcommited to off-time play as this is the way to win a match. E.g. Jade Sea and Baruch Bay achieved league results much better than their pre- and post-league results by strong commitment resulting in strong off-time forces that decided the matches for them. Unfortunatly overcommitment has a price, namely that of burn-out. Baruch Bay fell into a very deep hole after league and jade sea felt into one as well. People feelt un-rewarded for their (over-)commitment and quite a lot, were not seen in WvW (or even GW2) since the league.

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

in WvW

Dayra.7405

solution proposals

prerequisits None of the following proposals violates the two essentials of WvW as set by ANet:
- 24/7 availability of WvW
- no discimination of player from any time-zone of the world

1) Weighting of the score by number of participants

Compute the mean total (sum all sides) number of players inside WvW within the ticker-time-frame. Multiply the ticker-score by this number (divided by a fix constant ~400 to scale to the current score-range) i.e. the more people fight for the points the more worthy is each point, but every player is equally important every prime-time player has the same weight as every off-time player.

2) Limit the objective/score by number of participants

a) Overal limit
Compute the mean total (sum all sides) number of players inside WvW within the ticker-time-frame. No side can get a score higher than this number.

b) Limit by map
Compute the mean total (sum all sides) number of players inside WvW on this map within the ticker-time-frame. No side can get a score higher from this map than this number.

This adds some strategic aspects about distribution of players over maps. A large blob jumping to a map with only a few controlled objectives earns less points than a force distributed according to already owned objectives.

c) Limit by objective

Each objective needs a minimal human player garrision (mean over time) to count for the score. The required garrision depends on the value of the objective. E.g. SM needs 35/5 = 7 people to count, a supply camp (inside the area of the circle) needs 5/5 = 1.

This adds some strategic decisions. Do you want to score and defend or do you wana do an offensive at cost of score.

To find motivated garrisions: Succesful scoring of an objective is an event with a reward comparable to defense of a tower, it is granted to all that where at least 2/3 of the time (10 of the 15 min) inside the objective.

d) Revert un-occupied objectives to neutrality

It’s unreasonable that a handful of people can control a large area. And if an area is not controled it rewerts to neutrality (like SM at match-start). So each objective needs a minimal human player garrision (mean over time) to stay under this sides control. E.g. SM needs 35/5 = 7 people to keep control, a supply camp (inside the area of the circle) needs 5/5 = 1.

To find motivated garrisions: Succesful scoring of an objective is an event with a reward comparable to defense of a tower, it is granted to all that where at least 2/3 of the time (10 of the 15 min) inside the objective.

3) Better and More NPC activity

Each siege weapon placed (or build by upgrades like cannon and mortar) is automatically manned by a NPC as long as no human wants to man it.
All these weapons do auto-fire to any target in range of the weapon, with some intelligent priorisation (e.g. treb prefers to fire on trebs in range).

To make this work the siege limits need to be separated by objective (3 per area, with the following total: SM 100, keeps 75, towers 50, camps 25), they must not despawn, and sieges in the objective must be under the control of commited people. Asimple ay to ensure this is: Only people from the guild of the claimer can place and remove siege weapons inside this objective. A guild claim expires if no buf is provided and not at least one player of that guild is inside the objective.

4) partition the 24h into time-slices

Just have different leagues (or ranking) with different matches for the 3 mayor timezones (running in parallel, such that there is 24/7 a match you can join)!
Every server plays in three matches in three leagues during every week:
the league of 0-8 UTC – called NA-prime,
the league of 8-16 UTC – called Pacific-Prime,
the league of 16-24 – called EU-Prime.
At 8, 16, 24 UTC the matches are switched (new match maps restore from last save in the background, player on map and in queue moved to new match, and then maps of the suspended match saved).
There will be 24/7 WvW, and and in each time-slice each server will be matched against equally strong servers in that time-slice.

Alternatively instead of 3 slices a 8h, 4 slices a 6 hours or even 6 slices of 4 hours can be choosen.

For variance with a special league a weekend-slice-league and a weekday-slice-league can be made.

The main goal is reduce match time to managable amount. If I build up and garrision my tower till match switch, I am sure that I will find it in that state when my slice-match will resume. This should improve commitment of players/guild to the match-slice they choose for the week.

(edited by Dayra.7405)

in WvW

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

The time slices proposed here… why is it that you want to exclude people that work shifts outside the normal business hours from being able to participate in WvW for their regions again? Are people that work the night shift in Virginia somehow not good enough to participate for the NA prime because they have to work odd hours?

The world doesn’t work in eight hour slices, neither should WvW. Plus you’re compounding the queue problem by squishing people that do represent NA (for example) by trying to force them all into a narrow slot. This creates far too many problems.

#TeamJadeQuarry

in WvW

Dayra.7405

They aren’t excluded, every server play 24/7. Just in different matches, where each slice has it’s own balanced opponent selection (i.e. each slice has it’s own Gicko and or league).

E.g. Blackgate may face (and be beaten by) Henge of Dengerai in NA-Prime, but during NA-Night Blackgate faces JQ and HoD face GoM (I am EU, don’t take the examples to serious)

(edited by Dayra.7405)

in WvW

VOLKON.1290

They aren’t excluded, every server play 24/7. Just in different matches, where each slice has it’s own balanced opponent selection (i.e. each slice has it’s own Gicko and or league).

So why should some people on their server be forbidden from contributing to the match the rest of their guild is contributing to simply because they work different hours? If my guild is primarily NA prime but some of us work off hours and pick up where the other guys leave off when they go to bed… why should we be prevented from doing that? Because it’s inconvenient to your sleep schedule?

#TeamJadeQuarry

in WvW

Dayra.7405

Because of balance, better (especially broader) competition (more servers can compete in NA-prime, than in NA-night), and a preference that the same person can pick-up were it leaves 16hours ago.

in WvW

Posted by: Chiolas.1326

Chiolas.1326

Anet did not care in the past year and they won’t care now.

For them WvW is a different form of PvP, if someone plays at odd hours and makes it PvE, it still is the “second P’s” fault for not being there, and thus PvE (including PvD and all that boring crap) is equally rewarded as PvP in WvW. According to them playing is a job, everyone should just stop doing other stuff and play WvW 24/7.

Quit WvW and Gw2 in August 2013

in WvW

Dayra.7405

With the end of the league they lost players due to this. That may wake them up.
And with the current “I don’t care” mood in WvW they will loose a lot players to ESO. (If ESO will be able to keep them is again another story)

(edited by Dayra.7405)

in WvW

VOLKON.1290

Because of balance, better competition, and a preference that the same person can pick-up were it leaves 16hours ago.

You divide the populations of servers, you will break momentum and interfere with attacks and sieges in progress, what happens to golems on the march when the timer shuts down?

Then you have the additional problem of people in a server having pushed hard in a slot that don’t want to suddenly queue into a different slot with different circumstances, so you wind up with coverage problems of a different sort now and actually solve nothing. Horrible idea.

#TeamJadeQuarry

in WvW

Posted by: Rhaegus.8924

Rhaegus.8924

VOLKON, just stop replying :-)
He’s stuck in a bizarre ‘I can’t have a cookie, so neither can you’ world.

Threads like this have been popping up like mushrooms lately. Weirdly enough they seldomly get beyond page 1 and it’s always the same people preaching the same stuff.

They live in their cocoon, and SEA, Oceanix, people working night shifts, people playing during daytimes, Eu players on NA servers and vice versa, etc…they all don’t matter for them..because QQ my tower gets flipped when i sleep.

That really is what this comes down to… QQ my tower shouldn’t flip when i sleep, so other people shouldn’t play when i sleep.

le sigh.

in WvW

VOLKON.1290

Threads like this have been popping up like mushrooms lately. Weirdly enough they seldomly get beyond page 1 and it’s always the same people preaching the same stuff.

They live in their cocoon and Asians, Oceanix, people working night shifts, people playing during daytimes, Eu players on NA servers and vice versa, etc…they all don’t matter for them..because QQ my tower gets flipped when i sleep.

That really is what this comes down to… QQ my tower shouldn’t flip when i sleep, so other people shouldn’t play when i sleep.

le sigh.

Yeah, you’re right. Some ideas are just so bad that it’s difficult not to respond, you know? But it won’t happen, so it’s not worth getting worked up over.

#TeamJadeQuarry

in WvW

Dayra.7405

It’s not really surprising that this opposition is from servers like Jade Quary or Blackgate
i.e. server that fear competition (that they may loose) by such a change.

in WvW

Posted by: Chiolas.1326

Chiolas.1326

With the end of the league they lost players due to this. That may wake them up.
And with the current “I don’t care” mood in WvW they will loose a lot players to ESO. (If ESO will be able to keep them is again another story)

If you look at their Facebook and other communication tools you’ll see that they care mostly about that Living Story crap/PvE grind/PvE grind-disguised as new stuff. WvW was practically abandoned and now only receives some hotfixes nobody really cares about, just to keep the boat floating. GW2 has turned into a PvE game. FACT.

They are crying about injustice if things got changed, but the fact is that right now players that play at odd hours are being rewarded [with easymode PvE/PvD] for not having other players to play against. That’s PvE not PvP. They are just protecting their advantage like any good crooked politician.

Quit WvW and Gw2 in August 2013

(edited by Chiolas.1326)

in WvW

VOLKON.1290

It’s not really surprising that this opposition is from servers like Jade Quary or Blackgate
WTJs that fear competition by such a change.

To be honest, on JQ we have coverage issues as it is. (We could use more SEA I believe if any guilds are interested… ) However breaking WvW won’t fix that. You play the cards you’re dealt, and when you’re up you give them hell.

#TeamJadeQuarry

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

If you look at their Facebook and other communication tools you’ll see that they care mostly about that Living Story crap/PvE grind/PvE grind-disguised as new stuff. WvW was practically abandoned and now only receives some hotfixes nobody really cares about, just to keep the boat floating. GW2 has turned into a PvE game. FACT.

They are crying about injustice if things got changed, but the fact is that right now players that play at odd hours are being rewarded [with easymode PvE/PvD] for not having other players to play against. That’s PvE not PvP. They are just protecting their advantage like any good crooked politician.

You need to get back to reality, friend. There’s lots of reasonable things to complain about in WvW, you don’t need to take the hyperbole and run that far with it.

To be honest, on JQ we have coverage issues as it is. (We could use more SEA I believe if any guilds are interested… ) However breaking WvW won’t fix that. You play the cards you’re dealt, and when you’re up you give them hell.

throws tomatoes I know every thread is a tier 1 recruit thread but don’t mean I have to like it!

Gate of Madness

in WvW

VOLKON.1290

throws tomatoes I know every thread is a tier 1 recruit thread but don’t mean I have to like it!

Hey! I’m not recruiting, simply mentioning the fact that Jade Quarry is an excellent T1 server and we would enjoy more SEA guilds (as well as EU) to help round us out. That’s all!

#TeamJadeQuarry

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

You don’t need more SEA population, you need more SEA commanders. We saw a huge drop off of your SEA players in WvW after Waha quit. The players are still in JQ, they just need a commander(s) to lead them.

@OP: You’re playing in the wrong game mode if you’re complaining about coverage in a 24/7 battleground. Either that, or you’re playing with the wrong motivations.

Edit: Please don’t join Blackgate to bandwagon on our success. We’ve gotten so many of them recently and most of them are terrible players that are unwilling to do anything but run with the zerg. So annoying. Even more so when they join our server than talk kitten about us blobbing and/or using our usual tactics that they aren’t used to.

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

(edited by Reverence.6915)

in WvW

Dayra.7405

@OP: You’re playing in the wrong game mode if you’re complaining about coverage in a 24/7 battleground. Either that, or you’re playing with the wrong motivations.

Was to much text for you to read and comment more than the title?

I already detailed why I think that the current 24/7 is broken and how a better 24/7 could look, i.e. one where prime-time and off-time are balanced in their importance (or separated).

(edited by Dayra.7405)

in WvW

Posted by: Raf.1078

Raf.1078

There is no way to make it “fair” coverage-wise without stepping on someone elses toes. Its a globe spanning game. Even the US time zones can affect coverage.

Your solutions just shift issues….to your advantage, presumably. But, they don’t solve anything.

Maybe try to recruit the guilds you need to fill coverage holes?

PF/ GOAT on Tarnished Coast (Semi-Retired)
Raf Longshanks-80 Norn Guardian / 9 more alts of various lvls / Charter Member Altaholics Anon

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

Was to much text for you to read and comment more than the title?

Read all of it. Most of it was drivel. You just want to punish people not playing the same time you are. Players not playing during EU or NA prime are put under a lot of pressure to perform well and cap structures already, not to mention having to deal with guild member attrition because it’s really boring to play against so few people.

Guilds transfer up to have people to play with/against. Not to win. Just ask the guilds that are transferring to SoR to play against BG and JQ.

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

in WvW

Dayra.7405

We are currently second in EU-coverage. Still I find a game nonsense where
the presence/absence of 50 off-time people decide a match and the quality of 1000 prime-time people has no influence on match-outcome.

I want that both player have a similar influence on the out-come. This does not punish off-time people, but of course it reduces their current imbalanced over-poweredness.

(edited by Dayra.7405)

in WvW

Posted by: King Amadaeus.8619

King Amadaeus.8619

I have always been in favor of adjusting PPT/scoring to be in reference to the amount of players on the map for each side.

IE: if my server has a 50 man running and the other server has 10 people on the map, then what my server scores should not be worth as much as 10hrs later when their 20 take stuff back from our 40.

I guess what I am really saying is that there is no real solution that won’t have some drawbacks, and it will be hard to find one that will not “penalize” certain people that play off-peak regularly. But one thing that I feel strongly about is that a group of people golem rushing an empty BL (no matter what time of day) should not be reaping the same rewards (score) as a group of people doing it against heavy resistance.

Mag Server Leader

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

I play on gunnars hold and we hardly have wierd peaks pointwise and coverage, so maybe get some more people to your realm or simple move to another where its better,

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Dayra.7405

Coverage wise Gunners Hold makes no point vs Elona (where I am). In prime-time you may be competitive. But hard to say, we only played once against each other in Week 39 2012

(edited by Dayra.7405)

in WvW

Offair.2563

Its like this from the launch so dont expect anything to be changed, stuff it and get over it id say, ofc it sucks that some worlds ahve better coverage and ticks at night but thats what happens in online games

Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Dayra.7405

Still it’s a matter of good or bad game design how influential this is.
And if it is badly designed so far, it can be improved
And it should be improved before people run away, they will not come back once they are gone.

in WvW

Offair.2563

Thats Anet’s loss, not ours right. Why do you still play it if it bothers you so much, stop caring about ppt and have some fun being online, thats the whole idea of playing a game, having fun.

in WvW

Dayra.7405

My loss is that an otherwise quite good (for my taste) game-design is disturbed due to that choice. Who knows, if and when something perfect comes out.

But yes, since summer I played much less than before. I head a peak again now at Xmas, but probably it will drop again, if this boring way to decide matches is not improved.

in WvW

VOLKON.1290

the presence/absence of 50 off-time people decide a match and the quality of 1000 prime-time people has no influence on match-outcome.

I want that both player have a similar influence on the out-come. This does not punish off-time people, but of course it reduces their current imbalanced over-poweredness.

You know… for those 50 people it’s not “off time”, it’s their time to play. How is their time less important than yours?

#TeamJadeQuarry

in WvW

Dayra.7405

It’s match off-time if only 50 people are in WvW in this match instead of over 1000 (all maps full). Who has day, night or evening in that period doesn’t matter me. And yes more respect for the efforts of 1000 at the cost of reducing the importance of 50 down to EQUALITY is the goal. No one said that their time and effort should be made unimportant. It has to be stopped that their importance is 20 times higher.

(edited by Dayra.7405)

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

I do like option 1.

Option 3 is horrible. More NPCs? Go play PvE if you want that.

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

Your analysis of the issue is spot on.

For solutions, I agree with #1 and #4. Two would only reward the more populous server too much I’m afraid – similarly to how it is now. Three I seriously doubt Anet could code.

Time sliced matches would be awesome. It would solve one of the biggest and longest standing complaints/issues with WvW – coverage.

People have complained about it since launch. Anet put their head in the sand about it for a long time. And WvW population has shrunk a lot. Finally with the CDI I thought Anet had woken up. But unfortunately we haven’t heard anything regarding the first CDI since. I don’t really have any hopes it will change but one can try.

in WvW

Posted by: Ragnar.4257

Ragnar.4257

You know… for those 50 people it’s not “off time”, it’s their time to play. How is their time less important than yours?

You know… for those 1000 people during prime time, it’s their time to play. Why is their time less important than those 50?

Because currently it is.

You say nobody’s time is more important than anyone else’s, and you’re right. But right now, that is not the case. Off-peak are more important.

[Scnd][TA][Dius][aX]

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Servers with strong non-NA coverage make for poor match ups. The fights during NA prime during these matches are crappier because the off peak server is weak during those hours for the tier they are in. Log in off peak NA and the players end up getting zerged into the ground.

The off peak prime servers generally hurt roaming, have fewer good open field fights and hurt off peak fighting for most other servers. Almost every NA prime player would rather fight two other NA prime servers. The fights are just better.

I don’t know what the solution is but I dislike being semi-locked into a tier with DB since we end up PvDooring in NA Prime and I simply do not log in outside of our prime hours because I certainly do not want to play during a 30 on 1 scenario. There are a couple hours of overlap that are decent but that is about it.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

They live in their cocoon and Asians, Oceanix, people working night shifts, people playing during daytimes, Eu players on NA servers and vice versa, etc…they all don’t matter for them..because QQ my tower gets flipped when i sleep.

le sigh.

Yeah, you’re right. Some ideas are just so bad that it’s difficult not to respond, you know? But it won’t happen, so it’s not worth getting worked up over.

You all are the ones stuck in your T1 bubble fantasy world. You’re the ones in your own little cocoon of everything is right with WvW because my server has good coverage and can find a fight at any time of the day.

This has been a complaint since launch. It matters to players. You talk about players during certain times not mattering. Guess what, players who play during “prime time” (and don’t get caught up in the semantics please) matter less as the game exists now.

Corrections to the scoring – having it weighted by population in WvW simply correct that.

And the time sliced matches still provide 24/7 matches. No one is prevented from playing at whatever time they want to play.

Edit. If you go to time sliced matches, no adjustment in scoring need be made since each time slice will be matched with servers of similar rating (i.e. population) for that time slice. And this is my preference.

You just want to punish people not playing the same time you are. Players not playing during EU or NA prime are put under a lot of pressure to perform well and cap structures already, not to mention having to deal with guild member attrition because it’s really boring to play against so few people.

Guilds transfer up to have people to play with/against. Not to win. Just ask the guilds that are transferring to SoR to play against BG and JQ.

No one is punished for playing at whatever time they want to play. Sounds like they’re being punished now from your statement above. They’re under pressure, are bored, have to transfer.

Time sliced matches would fix that. They would get to play against similarly populated servers and be able to relax and enjoy the game, have fun because there are other people to fight, and won’t have to transfer. What’s not to like?

(edited by Johje Holan.4607)

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

Why should a player in Austrailia or in Europe make less of an impact on an NA server than other members?

I think people who are too obsessed with winning will run off to T1 and either learn the hard way that winning the match isn’t what they think it is; or they will quit the game.

The situation is hosed right now because of all the sand-bagging and massive transfers shook up the order prior to and during Leagues.

It will sort itself out as more transfers will occur and people will either go back to their previous servers or build new communities elsewhere.

in WvW

Dayra.7405

Why should a player in Austrailia or in Europe make less of an impact on an NA server than other members?

This is not the question. The question is:
- Why did ANet made Australians/Pacifics and Europeans be more important than Americans on NA servers?
- Why did ANet made an Australians/Pacifics and Americans be more important than Europeans on EU servers?

And why should Americans on NA servers and European on EU-servers be satisfied with that decision, that discriminate them?

in WvW

Posted by: nirvana.8245

nirvana.8245

Proposals 1, 2 and 4 are all extremely exploitable.

in WvW

Dayra.7405

Proposals 1, 2 and 4 are all extremely exploitable.

I know the exploit-proposals for 1 and 2, but they only lead to loss of the exploiter not to win of the exploiter. (Boycott you probably mean, but if one or even both sides boycott the match, you still score with the amount of your people and easily control the whole map, so score is yourpeople:0:0, which is a sure loss for the boycotter).

But how can you exploit 4? I am really curious to learn that!

(edited by Dayra.7405)

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

This is not the question. The question is:
- Why did ANet made Australians/Pacifics and Europeans be more important than Americans on NA servers?
- Why did ANet made an Australians/Pacifics and Americans be more important than Europeans on EU servers?

And why should Americans on NA servers and European on EU-servers be satisfied with that decision, that discriminate them?

Should someone who works a late or early shift in NA be penalized while playing on a NA server? Should someone who is unemployed or on a break from school be penalized while playing on a EU server?

Where do you set the boundaries and why should it be determined that one person cannot contribute the same because of where they live, when they work, or how much time they have available?

in WvW

Dayra.7405

Where do you take the penalty in my proposals?

Anything they cannot do anymore in WvW? NO

Less decisive than now, YES, thats the goal!

But still with any proposal they are more or at least equally important.
They generate the same score and not the 20 times as high score per player with proposal 1 and 2. As a bonus they turn the map to your sides color.

And for proposal 4. They play independently from prime-time. They have their own match. They can win it, they can loose it, they can be higher-ranked than the prime-time or lower-ranked, it all depends on them. They just do not influence prime-time any longer, nor does prime-time influence them.

(edited by Dayra.7405)

in WvW

Posted by: nikitnq.7143

nikitnq.7143

No thanks, I like it the way it is.

Before you accuse me of <insert nasties for night-cappers here>…

• Sieged up assets, checked.
  • Run dollies, checked.
  • Pay for upgrades, checked.
  • Died contesting cap from a zerg, checked.

Also,

• Lost fully upgraded camp, checked.
  • Lost T3 sieged tower, checked.
  • Lost sieged keep with WP, checked.

It’s WVW. An eternal 24/7 battleground. Keep it that way.

in WvW

Dayra.7405

It’s a discrimination of prime-time players.

Rather sooner (EotM) than later (TESO): Change it or you play it alone.

in WvW

Posted by: Jaxs.5830

Jaxs.5830

• Run dollies, checked.

Also,

The current system makes WvW an entirely uncompetitive environment. It makes PPT a meaningless measuring stick of success. It makes for boring, stale meta that will not sustain itself in the long run. Glad you are enjoying it.

in WvW

nikitnq.7143

• Run dollies, checked.

Also,

The current system makes WvW an entirely uncompetitive environment. It makes PPT a meaningless measuring stick of success. It makes for boring, stale meta that will not sustain itself in the long run. Glad you are enjoying it.

Sorry you feel that way but to me this is a game. Not an Olympic sport.

I do not need to have other people be deprived of certain things so I can have a larger slice of cake.

TYVM.

in WvW

Ragnar.4257

• Run dollies, checked.

Also,

I do not need to have other people be deprived of certain things so I can have a larger slice of cake.

TYVM.

Who is being deprived of what, exactly?

Can you actually point to a sentence, can you quote it?

Or are you just making stuff up in your head?

[Scnd][TA][Dius][aX]

in WvW

Ragnar.4257

Good question; they shouldn’t of course.

Now answer this question: Why should they have more of an impact than others?

Because they currently do.

[Scnd][TA][Dius][aX]

in WvW

nikitnq.7143

• Run dollies, checked.

Also,

TYVM.

Read the OP.

in WvW

Ragnar.4257

• Run dollies, checked.

Also,

TYVM.

Read the OP.

So you can’t find a quote.

Got it.

Maybe you should read it too.

[Scnd][TA][Dius][aX]

in WvW

nikitnq.7143

• Run dollies, checked.

Also,

TYVM.

Read the OP.

So you can’t find a quote.

Got it.

Maybe you should read it too.

Right. So the onus is not on the party demanding change to cover all angles.

Got it too.

I sure am glad none of these people are game designers for A-Net.