So uh… did anyone else notice they nerfed:

Bowl of Lemongrass Poultry soup to -20% condition duration, down from -40%
Bowl of Poultry and Leek soup to -18% condition duration, down from -36%

As well as
Rare veggie pizza to +20% condition duration, down from +40%
Super veggie pizza to +18% condition duration, down from +36%

As well as the other foods in the line.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

Nerf to Condition Foods!

in WvW

Posted by: Pumpkin.5169

Pumpkin.5169

Yes?
15 characters.

Pumpkin – Mag

Nerf to Condition Foods!

in WvW

Posted by: roamzero.9486

roamzero.9486

A good improvement but it doesn’t change the fact that it’s always been the classes and builds at the heart of the issue and less so the food (i.e. condi Mesmers are still cancer)

Nerf to Condition Foods!

in WvW

Posted by: santenal.1054

santenal.1054

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Condi-food-nerf

Haven’t played wvw much since update. Did it hurt condi builds alot?

Nerf to Condition Foods!

in WvW

Posted by: Pinko.2076

Pinko.2076

A good improvement but it doesn’t change the fact that it’s always been the classes and builds at the heart of the issue and less so the food (i.e. condi Mesmers are still cancer)

This is strictly not true. For the longest time, builds that are stupidly good in WvW are not that good in Spvp and it’s not only to do with the maps. A perplex + 50% condi duration mesmer is really, really stupid in WvW. Go try to run that in Spvp without the free 50% condi duration and perplex runes, and you’ll see it had nowhere near the killing power.

Frequently, it’s the food that makes the builds in WvW. This is especially true when everyone got 40% from easy to get food, and another 10% if they wanted to spend the money on utility.

Anet’s change is a long warranted one. If you want condition duration, you can still get it, but it will now be taken from your stat budgets (Viper’s gear). They even added significant condi duration to Spvp with HoT and it hasn’t significantly changed the meta to condi, because having to budget to get it is how it should have been balanced originally.

(edited by Pinko.2076)

Nerf to Condition Foods!

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

Haven’t played wvw much either which is why I missed it lol, just noticed it tonight when I was looking at food duration left and saw the lower numbers.

Don’t think it hurt condi builds since both sides got the nerf, but with the new stat expertise making up for +condition duration, it will give those builds an advantage.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

Nerf to Condition Foods!

in WvW

Posted by: Heroian.7213

Heroian.7213

I’m glad they did this. Condition damage has always been powerfull. Low risk, high reward style…

Nerf to Condition Foods!

in WvW

Posted by: Paavotar.3971

Paavotar.3971

Maybe one of the best things in the whole HoT patch. I like.

A Pink scumbag of [FACE] and deep inside a [GuM]ster
Mouggari – Warrior – Candy cane Avenger

Nerf to Condition Foods!

in WvW

Posted by: Holland.9351

Holland.9351

40% condition duration was just ridiculous. Not on par with any of the other foods at all.

20% condition duration makes sense, since boon duration food has always been 20%.

Nerf to Condition Foods!

in WvW

Posted by: Sagramor.7395

Sagramor.7395

Condition Duration buffs of that magnitude did not promote healthy gameplay from either the offensive or defensive end.

Condition duration worked into the gear stat budget is where it should’ve been. It was way too powerful for a food buff.

Nerf to Condition Foods!

in WvW

Posted by: Ansau.7326

Ansau.7326

In one hand, condi duration from foods has been nerf, but in the other hand, now we have stats with expertise, and -% condi duration food has also been nerfed.

In the end, I think condi builds will have more advantage, as now lemongrass is not so appealing, and condi builds with expertise will cover the lost of condi duration from the nerf of foods.

Ansau – Sylvari Mesmer – Exiled Warriors [wE] – Gandara

i7 5775c @ 4.1GHz – 12GB RAM @ 2400MHz – RX 480 @ 1390/2140MHz

Nerf to Condition Foods!

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

In one hand, condi duration from foods has been nerf, but in the other hand, now we have stats with expertise, and -% condi duration food has also been nerfed.

In the end, I think condi builds will have more advantage, as now lemongrass is not so appealing, and condi builds with expertise will cover the lost of condi duration from the nerf of foods.

I can appreciate the duration reduction but with the addition of Expertise they should have lowered the base run time of all conditions. That way if someone wanted high damaging condition application they would have to spec Expertise and out of Dire/Rabid and into a Zerk/Knights equivalent for condi damage (Precision/Cond Dmg/Expertise or Cond Dmg/Expertise/Vitality).

Course if I could overhaul the system Cond damage system I would make it use the same Power, Precision, Crit system direct damage uses.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

Nerf to Condition Foods!

in WvW

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

This was one of the best changes brought by HoT. +/- 40% was too much, +/-20 % feels more balanced. And I am still using condition duration foods, despite the nerf.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

Nerf to Condition Foods!

in WvW

Posted by: UmbraNoctis.1907

UmbraNoctis.1907

To get extra condition duration from gear they have to give up condition dmg and defensive stats. They don’t get those new stats for free – unlike the bonus from the food, nerfing it (both versions!) was a good decision.

(edited by UmbraNoctis.1907)

Nerf to Condition Foods!

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

As I pointed out in the other thread, I’m wondering why Sweet Bean Buns didn’t follow suit, as they still provide very large boosts.

I do think this is a good idea overall. 40% buff for well, almost anything, is just too much for a single consumable.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

Nerf to Condition Foods!

in WvW

Posted by: Chips.7968

Chips.7968

My only complaints about condi duration food are the ones which giveth on one hand, and taketh away on the other.

By that I mean the +25% condition duration, -40% condition duration. On one type. There should be a trade off on the foods, not best of both worlds

Nerf to Condition Foods!

in WvW

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

Course if I could overhaul the system Cond damage system I would make it use the same Power, Precision, Crit system direct damage uses.

We need good ideas for better build diversity, not bad ideas to limit build diversity.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

Nerf to Condition Foods!

in WvW

Posted by: Lycurgus.9264

Lycurgus.9264

Another reason to moveon.org

Nerf to Condition Foods!

in WvW

Posted by: Odyssey.6523

Odyssey.6523

Two thoughts,

First thought: Condi Food was always OP. Expanding a condi’s duration 40% is essential doing 40% more damage. Its a good tone down.

Second thought: Don’t forget they added armor stats and attributes back that effect condi duration again. I imagine we will see items with these stat layouts in the near future but many area already proliferated through sPvP.

Nerf to Condition Foods!

in WvW

coglin.1867

It seemed to me that a large portion of posters were demanding the condition +/- food nerf. It also seemed to me that many were complaining that the didn’t need to invest in gear stats for the condi buids. Now both of those demands have been met. Seems to me that for the most part, this issue can be laid to rest,

Nerf to Condition Foods!

in WvW

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

As I pointed out in the other thread, I’m wondering why Sweet Bean Buns didn’t follow suit, as they still provide very large boosts.

I do think this is a good idea overall. 40% buff for well, almost anything, is just too much for a single consumable.

I was really happy about the changes to food reducing +/- to 20% instead of 40%.

Then I saw the Sweet Bean Buns, and now I’m really sad again. Why does this food have to exist? -40% condi duration was as detrimental to the game as +40%, as one just forces the other to have a fight that isn’t almost broken.

A hair’s breadth from being super happy with a change, and they leave this garbage in. I hope it gets changed.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

Nerf to Condition Foods!

in WvW

Posted by: Tobias Steele.2071

Tobias Steele.2071

I was really happy about the changes to food reducing +/- to 20% instead of 40%.

Then I saw the Sweet Bean Buns, and now I’m really sad again. Why does this food have to exist? -40% condi duration was as detrimental to the game as +40%, as one just forces the other to have a fight that isn’t almost broken.

A hair’s breadth from being super happy with a change, and they leave this garbage in. I hope it gets changed.

Bean buns were a rare drop from a one off event. (Iirc) so don’t stress. The price of them is already nuts and it’s only going to get worse.

Entropy, Class lead Necromancer.
Tarnished Coast.

Nerf to Condition Foods!

in WvW

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

Bean buns were a rare drop from a one off event. (Iirc) so don’t stress. The price of them is already nuts and it’s only going to get worse.

Haha, that actually is a relief. The food represents everything that made me sad about food in WvW, with both + and – duration, but luckily it’s a limited supply that will most likely dwindle fast.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

Nerf to Condition Foods!

in WvW

Posted by: Ansau.7326

Ansau.7326

To get extra condition duration from gear they have to give up condition dmg and defensive stats. They don’t get those new stats for free – unlike the bonus from the food, nerfing it (both versions!) was a good decision.

There’s a new stat called Trailblazer, which gives + condi damage, + thougness, – vitality, – expertise. It’s like Dire, but with slightly less condi damage and vitality, and more toughness and the new stat expertise.
A full Trailblazer set, compared to full Dire, should lose 94 of condi damage and 170 of vitality, to gain 99 of toughness and 21,6% of condi duration.

Ansau – Sylvari Mesmer – Exiled Warriors [wE] – Gandara

i7 5775c @ 4.1GHz – 12GB RAM @ 2400MHz – RX 480 @ 1390/2140MHz

Nerf to Condition Foods!

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

I honestly think that was an oversight. We’ll have to see.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Nerf to Condition Foods!

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

We need good ideas for better build diversity, not bad ideas to limit build diversity.

Reducing the number of stats doesn’t restrict build diversity it simplifies the math and makes for easier game balancing. Damage already has three main stats, not sure why Anet thought adding an entirely different type of damage that sort of uses some basic damage stats and not others was a good idea.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

Nerf to Condition Foods!

in WvW

coglin.1867

They didn’t add anything. They transfered it from food that was often complain ed about, to the gear. Causing a choice between offensive and defensive stay choices. Which was an extremely popular demand.