Never thought I'd grow bored of WvWvW

in WvW

Posted by: jbondo.9817

jbondo.9817

Are you people really bashing on one of the guys who helped make this game? Did your parents not teach you any manners? This guy is busy working to help us enjoy the game, and you’re throwing out things like “OMG Plz Put out stuff that I only like and no one else likes”, on that note learn NOT to be so selfish and maybe learn something about patience. Christ, you forum warriors are OBNOXIOUS.

Dusty Dawg

in WvW

Posted by: PinCushion.7390

PinCushion.7390

So… I’m in T4 and I can regularly -

run in a zerg
PvD
run in a havoc squad
solo guard flip
kill dolys
have large open field battles, 10v10 – 30v30
guard towers
run supply
run siege
1vX or Xv1

Sure sometimes I log in and I look for a field battle and all I find is a zerg, or I try some havoc stuff and just get roflstomped, but for the most part I think T4 is doing alright.

And yeah, some new maps would be nice, but I honestly can’t say I’m bored… there’s plenty of stuff going on, and if there isn’t I’ll just work on my dailies and log, no worries.

This stuff is why I don’t understand this thread. WvW is open-world, sandbox style gameplay. Sure, there’s a score so earning points is the general goal usually. That said, there are lots of ways to influence the score. Whether it’s directly scoring points, slowing down your opponent, or doing any number of things to make your team score points faster, the limit to how to play WvW is really up to the player. If you don’t want to, you don’t even have to care about the score at all and can just roam around and farm badges or just sit in the main keep and chat.

If you’re bored in a game format where you can do anything you want at any time you want then maybe the problem is that you’re choosing to do boring things. I’m not saying WvW doesn’t need stuff added to it, because it does. But I wouldn’t say that it’s boring because there aren’t enough things to do.

Now if I had spent 9 months zerging EB over and over I’d be very, very bored. That’s why I don’t do that anymore.

in WvW

Posted by: Valik Shin.9027

Valik Shin.9027

I don’t understand y people don’t play wow clones more. If u like wow y would u not play a game that has the same basic controls and such but has better content and is more up to date? Best example I can give is rift

Valik Shin
Darkwood Legion [DARK]
Yak’s Bend

in WvW

Posted by: Valik Shin.9027

Valik Shin.9027

I don’t understand y people don’t play wow clones more. If u like wow y would u not play a game that has the same basic controls and such but has better content and is more up to date? Best example I can give is rift

Valik Shin
Darkwood Legion [DARK]
Yak’s Bend

in WvW

Posted by: Highlie.7641

Highlie.7641

People have been asking for a new map since beta. honestly click on the last page of this forum and you will see people asking for maps. They have had plenty of time to work on one, but there is no money in it for them so i doubt they even started yet.
They should create a new borderlands map cloned 3x and a new Eb. then every week switch between the new map and the old one. this would prevent the new map from getting stale. it also gives the A.net team 1 week per cycle to fix bugs/unbalanced issues, its much cheaper for them to clone the “new borderlands” and with the Wvw players testing it they wouldn’t have to spend more money on Testers. its a win win.

in WvW

Posted by: Ljiona.9142

Ljiona.9142

So… I’m in T4 and I can regularly -

run in a zerg
PvD
run in a havoc squad
solo guard flip
kill dolys
have large open field battles, 10v10 – 30v30
guard towers
run supply
run siege
1vX or Xv1

Sure sometimes I log in and I look for a field battle and all I find is a zerg, or I try some havoc stuff and just get roflstomped, but for the most part I think T4 is doing alright.

And yeah, some new maps would be nice, but I honestly can’t say I’m bored… there’s plenty of stuff going on, and if there isn’t I’ll just work on my dailies and log, no worries.

This stuff is why I don’t understand this thread. WvW is open-world, sandbox style gameplay. Sure, there’s a score so earning points is the general goal usually. That said, there are lots of ways to influence the score. Whether it’s directly scoring points, slowing down your opponent, or doing any number of things to make your team score points faster, the limit to how to play WvW is really up to the player. If you don’t want to, you don’t even have to care about the score at all and can just roam around and farm badges or just sit in the main keep and chat.

If you’re bored in a game format where you can do anything you want at any time you want then maybe the problem is that you’re choosing to do boring things. I’m not saying WvW doesn’t need stuff added to it, because it does. But I wouldn’t say that it’s boring because there aren’t enough things to do.

Now if I had spent 9 months zerging EB over and over I’d be very, very bored. That’s why I don’t do that anymore.

I agree. I do something different anytime I am bored. I will class a different class, zerg, solo, etc.

In SWTOR, there was huttball. Talk about boring. This game is great and free!

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

@op
Its ESO though a lot of ppl are calling its dead before its out MMORPG players are very odd ones indeed then it will be wildstar I guess it will be WoW 2 after this. The thing is these games are not out and you will have no idea how they are going to work for a Larges scale battle. We know what GW2 has and what they are going to add to it in time and what they want it to be like. You must go off data of the now and not what could be or you will never know what you have and what you want even after the game has came out and been tested.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in WvW

Posted by: rchu.8945

rchu.8945

tweaking some classes to have anti-stealth and anti-thief skills in WvW will be nice too.

Sanctum of Rall
Pain Train Choo [Choo]
Mind Smack – Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: BlazeQ.1095

BlazeQ.1095

For those that are actually bored. What Tier are you in?

Cold Beerdrinker
PB Officer
NSP

in WvW

Posted by: stinkypants.8419

stinkypants.8419

Heh, forgot to mention the JPs. I don’t do really do them often, but they’re there. And a 1 up/down ranking to the ladders could be interesting, but I’m not sure how well it’d pan out.

Remember, this game hasn’t even been out for a year yet… find something else to do, or play a different game.

I do mostly Wv3, but when I PvE it’s fun (and I make some gold), but eventually the urge to KILLLLL comes back

(Alvyn | Crystal Desert )

in WvW

Jski.6180

tweaking some classes to have anti-stealth and anti-thief skills in WvW will be nice too.

It would need to be a very high skill camp anti-stealth tool. Kind of a very long windup with a skill shot 1/2 hit box. They do not want to destroy a way of playing its annoying i know but in truth its fun for the thfs and they are not doing all that much for there team by killing 1-2 ppl who are outside of a group.

in WvW

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

i agree with the OP. i was thinking of just a simply ranking system. if you get 1st you move up a tier, 2nd stays in that tier, and 3rd moves down a tier. this way you always have a new match up.

To be honest, i don’t mind facing always same 2 server…but only if the matches are even, won last day, and stable.

Which is why ratings are used in first place – the problem is:
-they haven’t a great formula
-they don’t account too many things, manly community related ones (aka: coverage)

The problem is not having new matchups.
The problem is pairing wrong/uneven servers, and stale tiers when ratings do not allow a over- losing/winning server to ramp up/down (see EU T1, or NA T8 – iirc).

In the ideal situation where every tier is made by 3 servers with even power/coverage and everyone of the 3 has a good chance to win, there’s no reason to push for servers moving across tiers for a single victory/defeat.

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

in WvW

Posted by: ganeshori.6309

ganeshori.6309

In SWTOR, there was huttball. Talk about boring. This game is great and free![/quote]

Yes…..but did you play Naked Huttball? Theres a video around of a group of us doing that….we actually did pretty darn good too….tho that game went stale way too fast. Rift was better….just can get back into it….too much changed.

Sgt Rock / Necrotic Charm —- Dcon
2nd Battalion / 5th Marines – Hotel Company – Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Energetik.6471

Energetik.6471

There is no leaked footage of the 200 man mega servers.
There is no leaked footage of WvWvW combat.
There is no leaked footage of the new combat system.
There is no leaked footage of how the new weapon system works, allows any weapon to be used by any class.
There is no leaked footage of using mid-action combat blocking.
There is no leaked footage of the no cool downs on spells and skills, promoting a combat oriented system.
There is only leaked footage of a few pve character creations and run arounds.
If they nail the WvWvW, it’s curtains for GW2…

in WvW

Jski.6180

There is no leaked footage of how the new weapon system works, allows any weapon to be used by any class.
There is no leaked footage of the no cool downs on spells and skills, promoting a combat oriented system.

But there still no info at all about any of these things its one thing to Leak footage that you did not wish to have leak but its another to hide all true in game and in person footage. All of these embargoes for reviews and lots of hush hush is not helping the gaming world its harming it. ESO has nothing to offer because its not out for ppl to play nor is there any real info on how it plays just a mix feeling of good and bad that accounts to nothing. Your out right fooling your self pining all your hopes and dreams or something that you next to nothing about. We know GW2 we know what they can fix and how much they can fix (such as removing culling a major fix and the smaller ones such as pulling back AC dmg on other wvw weapons) and they all done this at a very fast speed. If any thing ESO has not been though the balancing problems that GW2 has been though and are fixing and for some reason you think its going to be better for the massive pvp games out of the box then GW2 is now?

At the end of the day if your truly bored with wvw only 9 months in ? then other games massive pvp is going to bore you to the same point it will just be the next new thing over and over always looking better.

(edited by Jski.6180)

in WvW

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

Mana even if new maps were implemented it would be a lot of work for a short duration maps don’t really change the inherent gameplay which is what it seems a lot of people find stale new maps will require new maps in the future when the released maps get stale maps just turn into cyclical production and for the effort put in for something like wvw it int the best

That’s why I think we need empty maps and let the players make our own fortifications (walls, towers). The only way to keep the maps fresh is to make them empty, and leave it up to the players as to generate the content.

Maybe just throw in some random terrain changes each week as well.

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

in WvW

Energetik.6471

At the end of the day if your truly bored with wvw only 9 months in ? then other games massive pvp is going to bore you to the same point it will just be the next new thing over and over always looking better.

This is the exact thinking that Everquest, DAoC, Warhammer Online, Rift and SWTOR took…

Where’s their population now?

Bury your head in the sand and see how far that gets you.

in WvW

Jski.6180

This is the exact thinking that Everquest, DAoC, Warhammer Online, Rift and SWTOR took…

Where’s their population now?

Bury your head in the sand and see how far that gets you.

I hope you mean EQ2 lol. But most of the other games where “dead” in less then 9 months. They where dead in that they lost most of there paying costumers and ended up going F2P rift being some what of the odd ball but it too is going F2P. When games like these whom start out P2P and that are intending to stay as such some what fails when they most go F2P. GW2 is B2P this game is made for ups and downs that the idea and even GW1 was made the same way that the way Anet likes it and in truth it works.

There is a HUGE differences between past mmorpgs that had to go F2P and games that started out B2P.

Side note “After taking 1st place in the same tier for 6 weeks in a row, I’ve officially quit.” so you took it solo then very impressive you will be a great lost to your world but i have a feeling YOU did not take it your jsut one person THAT the idea of wvw your only one person in a big fight. If you truly cant deal with that you do not belong in wvw and you never did you where just there sight seeing move on my fair-weather friend may you never stop looking for the next best thing because i do not think you can stop.

(edited by Jski.6180)

in WvW

Posted by: frostshade.3617

frostshade.3617

After taking 1st place in the same tier for 6 weeks in a row, I’ve officially quit.

These devs continue to make mistakes time after time and wait too long to fix them.

See ya, have fun, was enjoyable while it lasted, but I’m officially out of here, like you care…

I agree no one cares that a kitten quit

commander frostseir(sylvari,guardian) commander frostetics(norn,ele)
Os guild

in WvW

Energetik.6471

After taking 1st place in the same tier for 6 weeks in a row, I’ve officially quit.

These devs continue to make mistakes time after time and wait too long to fix them.

See ya, have fun, was enjoyable while it lasted, but I’m officially out of here, like you care…

I agree no one cares that a kitten quit

You will care when there’s no one left to play.

in WvW

Posted by: meep.2601

meep.2601

at this rate, the devs are ruining this game at a far greater pace than the devs of daoc. i commend them for that

in WvW

Posted by: Aurust.8961

Aurust.8961

I have a feeling rvr/wvw in ESO will eb utter garbage because of their highly touted collision system.

They keep touting how it would be so awesome that you can actually use formations etc. Imagine playing wvw now, and how game breaking it would be if u cant run through people. It would be annoying beyond belief.

Good luck trying to organize formations…. professional armed forces train daily just to maintain proper movement/formations, and the devs in ESO think a bunch of gamers can make it work lol.

Master- [DKLT] The Darkness and The Light
JQ WvW

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Honestly, to me, an enemy is going to be an enemy. No matter what Tier you are in, you are all pretty darn skilled. Bringing me to what makes me want to log most often, dying so darn often!

I completely expect to die. How often is also because I’ll play as the decoy, take on a Zerg, and stay behind the tail to protect the rest. Even when I’m not doing crazy kitten like that, I’m still getting boiled down in under 5 seconds most of the time. That just isn’t fun. Not to mention costly.

I think we lose more people to this skewed damage to defense ratio than boredom. Everything is designed around this paper mentality to promote high turnover. Making WvW seem quite pointless and futile.

For an example, just watch GvG fights. Time how long each battles last. It’s just too darn short if you ask me. Maybe WvW would be more interesting if we had more staying power. I don’t believe any profession should be able to burst for more than 1.5k -2k. Making skill and execution much more important than a build.

All this leads to a feeling of disinterest and futility. That you are just spinning your wheels and not getting anything or going anywhere. That your skill doesn’t matter in the end. Seriously, aren’t these the prevalent complaints? I think if we did away with armor repair alone, it would make a big difference in WvW. People would be far more bold and experimental too.

Though different scenery would be greatly appreciated!!! Some different creatures and more ore nodes. Why Ori and some other T6 mats aren’t on every Bl, I have no idea. Maybe there should be a new ore that’s only available in WvW?

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in WvW

Posted by: Sharya.7465

Sharya.7465

(edited by Sharya.7465)

in WvW

Energetik.6471

It’s about time they listen to people who actually know how mmos work?
Players who have been playing mmos, wvwvw, rvr, pvp, pve for longer then Anet’s been around?
It’s good that it takes them months after discussion to finally get around to it.
It’s great that they finally see that their formulas are screwed up.
It only took 9 months, but heck there may still be people around to play.

It may be a little too late… I think people have moved on… as I have… I just come to this forum because it’s entertaining for a few minutes of my day… I’ve quit trying to improve this crappy kitten dev run garbage hole.

in WvW

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

For me there are many reason why it’s getting boring at the moment:

1: It’s the same maps over and over again with the same objective, to much repetition
We need at least 1 new map, perhaps with 3 castles instead of one; a different battle paradigm. It also needs unpredictable group events, a weather system that affect players skill (rain would extend the duration of water field but reduce mobility, etc).

2: aoe limit and “too much class balance”. Imbalance in a WvW setting is welcome as it creates different group strategies. Nerfing a class skill so that they become a copy of the same skill (with a different name) of another class (like they did with Mist form) is a HUGE mistake.

3: uninteresting loot, lazy implementation of AI npcs, and tedious mechanics (like the siege refresh, or using a trebuchet for 30 minutes…). Targeting system should be improved.

4. Sound quality, the ram sound for example is half bugged (sometimes a ram hit the gate and you do not hear it) and the sounds generally aren’t very HiFi (In my opinion they sound very Low-Fi). When a gate goes down my subwoofer should vibrate.
Random music, often out of context with what is happening on screen, so much that I have disabled it.

5. Blood and other fx, when someone has 20 stacks of bleeding on them we should see blood… This goes in the category of immersion…

6: Lack of First person View like Guild Wars 1 (also immersion).

in WvW

Posted by: Raf.1078

Raf.1078

Best remedy for boredom in any game is to step away for awhile.

Boredom isn’t a game issue….its a “you” issue.

PF/ GOAT on Tarnished Coast (Semi-Retired)
Raf Longshanks-80 Norn Guardian / 9 more alts of various lvls / Charter Member Altaholics Anon

in WvW

Energetik.6471

Best remedy for boredom in any game is to step away for awhile.

Boredom isn’t a game issue….its a “you” issue.

That’s exactly what EQ2, Rift, SWTOR, Warhammer Online and DAoC thought too…

If a game becomes stales it’s not the fault of the player… especially after 9 months of no changes…

Instead of thinking you know what’s wrong with people personally, maybe you should listen more and see why things are changing now? You think they’re implementing these changes because of people like you? Or people who care enough to complain about the situation and get changes done?

Do yourself a favor and do less thinking for me and more thinking for you.

(edited by Energetik.6471)

in WvW

Posted by: King Amadaeus.8619

King Amadaeus.8619

3 Identical maps, breeds repetition/boredom. Having 1 distinct map breeds massive funneling into it.

If at minimum ANET is not designing new map content for WvW I feel bad for what is coming for them. Stop fooling yourselves, WvW is dying at an alarming rate. In the lower tiers less and less people are playing, many have moved to PVE or other games altogether. It may be another year at this rate (assuming nothing changes), but eventually WvW will be fully dead.

Which is sad since it is all I do for the most part, I am personally hoping these changes that they are working on will rejuvenate it some. At minimum it will get some PVE folks back into WvW I think, hopefully they will stick. But again, 3 like maps, is fail…Hopefully they are working on it behind the scenes.

Mag Server Leader

in WvW

Posted by: Jscull.2514

Jscull.2514

Problem for game creators is if they make games challenging and actually really difficult, the majority of players cant and wont take the time, effort, and patience to figure out best ways to win. Every game since UO and Daoc has gotten RIDICULOUSLY easier in everything from Mobs you kill to the number of abilities available to one class.

It’s called EZ mode and it is extremely boring, but the 85-90% majority of mmo’ers want it because they want a “casual dont have to try hard to do anything” game. Well, you got it, and look at all the crying. Been crying for past 4-6 years of mmo’s because they ALL get easier.

PAXA -GM