New Borderland Map coming

in WvW

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

Like many others, I think this could be an AWESOME opportunity to give GvG a no stat-boost, not effecting PPT, varied terrain, fighting area.

I am really excited for this. It would be AWESOME if there was some way to get onto an instance of this map vs. people other than your weekly opponents. GvGers would be salivating to fight each other regardless of matchup, and it would be very cool from my perspective in a small server to get a group together to test my mettle against some higher tier players.

in WvW

Posted by: Vincynt.7396

Vincynt.7396

People are getting bent out of shape because they have an overall idea for a different map time, want to open up testing and get feedback? Let the feedback happen, let the testing happen, let them come to a final decisions regarding it. THEN kitten if you don’t like it…

Vincynt
War is Hell – www.warishell.net
Tarnished Coast – http://tcgw2.com/forums/

in WvW

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

When I read about it I didn’t think “Catering to a high pop server”. I thought “catering to GvG guilds, and creating a place to play without impacting the score that isn’t sPvP”.

They are already doing that. They are creating a place in the Ebon Sanctum for GvG and the orb buff will be turned off there.

Most servers can’t fill four maps, why do we need a fifth?

I’m excited about new terrain and possibly new objectives or gameplay, but populations are too sparse already, this will make that problem worse.

I am all for new maps, but this makes no sense. To combat the queue? Seriously? Only a few servers have issues with a queue, while the majority of servers might have one map, let alone two maps queued.

Sure, reset night might have more people cramming in WvW, but that is it.

This seems like it is gonna hurt more servers than it will help. Servers with mid and lower populations can’t afford to lose any more numbers, and this will attract much needed numbers away from the real fight.

Need to fix the blow out match ups before this

I agree with this concern and others like it but one of the encouraging things Devon (or Jon) said is that this kind of map/test environment will allow them to test big changes to WvW in a semi-live environment (hopefully avoiding issues like the ruins capture status display bug). It might become a powerful tool for them to design and polish a possible solution to the population imbalance issue or other issues (such as designing a map that is less zergy).

For the most part this seems to be driven by the need to succeed in China. The situation there when the game launches will be different from the situation in NA and EU now, so they need to be prepared I guess. That doesn’t mean we won’t see some really cool improvements for everyone else as a result of this. Honestly, a lot of people don’t care about PPT any more. If this new map offers more interesting gameplay I can see a lot of people going there even if their server is outmanned on all other maps.

in WvW

Posted by: Djemo.7153

Djemo.7153

So these new maps look at least a thousand times better than border/EB.
Whats to stop us from just staying there indefinately?
I know ill sure try.

They should also look into filling allot of void space on EB with some interesting architecture imo.

in WvW

Posted by: Arrak.4092

Arrak.4092

Looking forward to getting pushed off the edge by GS Mesmer and friends, looks great though

in WvW

Posted by: Samhayn.2385

Samhayn.2385

• Are you lowering the regular map caps when this new map goes through? That would be a welcome change.

Wouldn’t surprise me if this is the ultimate goal. Reducing the caps would improve skill lag, make server population a smaller factor in victory and perhaps reduce the zerging we see now in WvW.

I asked that question in the FAQ thread and the answer was a resounding no:

We would prefer to see more people on the maps, if feasible.

This morning I was pretty excited about the potential of the new map, but the more I read in the FAQ the more it disappoints me. It really is just another perk for T1.

tier 1 players are still just that, players. There play time is just as valid as anyone else. This new map will at least give the thousands (per anet) of players that want to wvw a place to play well waiting on map que. Since it has no bearing on PPT and also gives a place to test wvw ideas before being sent to the PPT maps I don’t see how this is a bad thing at all.

It was 2 vs 20 but its ok we got’em both!

in WvW

Posted by: Asguard.4621

Asguard.4621

whelp another reason to leave lower tier and mid tier worlds, guess league transfers never made them enough cash.

in WvW

Samhayn.2385

Like many others, I think this could be an AWESOME opportunity to give GvG a no stat-boost, not effecting PPT, varied terrain, fighting area.

I am really excited for this. It would be AWESOME if there was some way to get onto an instance of this map vs. people other than your weekly opponents. GvGers would be salivating to fight each other regardless of matchup, and it would be very cool from my perspective in a small server to get a group together to test my mettle against some higher tier players.

I’m sure the gvg space near the JP will come out well before this.

in WvW

Posted by: Manuelito.6081

Manuelito.6081

Maybe it is me, but considering I am not from a T1 server I do not see the utility of such a map. If I wanna do proper WvW I go to one of the existing WvW maps, no queue.
Why would I go to a new map!?
Apart from the initial curiosity or maybe it will become another exploit map to farm WXP ranks?!

[ROCK]
Desolation

in WvW

Posted by: KeeZee.7312

KeeZee.7312

Maybe it is me, but considering I am not from a T1 server I do not see the utility of such a map. If I wanna do proper WvW I go to one of the existing WvW maps, no queue.
Apart from the initial curiosity or maybe it will become another exploit map to farm WXP ranks?!

Its a “test server” that Anet isn’t calling a “test server” and many are lapping it up.

in WvW

Posted by: Ahlen.7591

Ahlen.7591

I feel like this is a bad idea as it removes the last incentive of transfering from a high pop to a med/low pop server.

It’s also content a lot of servers will never have access to if I’m reading this right.

in WvW

Posted by: Gab Superstar.4059

Gab Superstar.4059

Just because it’s designed to be most helpful in combatting queues doesn’t mean it’s only going to be available when queues are there.

Seriously, ask yourself why they would implement a map that would only be usable during prime time and on reset night?

You seriously don’t understand do you?

What do you think having 5-10 people spread out over 4 maps feel like? Do you think spreading them out over 5 maps is better?

Very Good Detectives [VGD]
Devonas Rest 4 lyfe

in WvW

Samhayn.2385

Its a “test server” that Anet isn’t calling a “test server” and many are lapping it up.

it will be a test server that uses people who want to wvw but can’t because of que to test things that will maybe pushed to the PPT maps and hopefully catch things like the lag bug from bloodlust before it effects the servers that don’t use the test map.

being one of the people in said “stacked server” I am looking forward to this map since it will be better then sitting in pve waiting for a PPT map to pop.

in WvW

Posted by: canadez.5328

canadez.5328

Define proper WvW. If you don’t enjoy the ppt game and just want to have some skirmishes without having to care about constant zergs rolling over your face. You might as well join this neutral map.

in WvW

Posted by: Gamadorn.2670

Gamadorn.2670

I’m excited about new terrain and possibly new objectives or gameplay, but populations are too sparse already, this will make that problem worse.

It’s a good question, and one we talked about a lot. Above all else, our main raises behind adding another map (which can overflow and create multiple copies of itself) include:

• On many more populated servers in NA and EU, there are queues, this would allow people to play the game they want at all times.
  • We want to do things in the future, this map included, that will help get more people interested in WvW. We need to make sure we’re not just making them sit in a queue when we do that.
  • The game is going to be launched in other parts of the world, and on launch in NA/EU we had queues for WvW on just about every world. In some of the largest gaming parts of the world say, China for example which we’re in beta for right now, we’re seeing massive responses from guilds that make NA/EU guilds look tiny. These guilds all want to play WvW on the same world together, this map will help facilitate a better launch in new regions, as well as the much larger guild alliances you find in the east.

Hope that helps a bit! We know for much smaller worlds this may seem like it’s no big deal, since you never deal with queues anyway, but the gameplay and experience should hopefully be fun (and different) such that it may attract new players to WvW. It also opens up opportunities for us to do other types of experiences in WvW across all worlds that may help bolster smaller worlds populations as well.

I don’t want to read into this too much …..BUT….

With you guys looking to expand it to oversea’s countries such as china and with more than likely larger guilds as you stated and more interest in WvW overseas…will we see more developers and resources allocated to the WvW team?!

Dragonbrand
Underwater Operations – [WET]

in WvW

Samhayn.2385

Just because it’s designed to be most helpful in combatting queues doesn’t mean it’s only going to be available when queues are there.

Seriously, ask yourself why they would implement a map that would only be usable during prime time and on reset night?

What do you think having 5-10 people spread out over 4 maps feel like? Do you think spreading them out over 5 maps is better?

if your server only has 5-10 people playing wvw during your time zone you need to move servers.

in WvW

KeeZee.7312

Define proper WvW. If you don’t enjoy the ppt game and just want to have some skirmishes without having to care about constant zergs rolling over your face. You might as well join this neutral map.

Or you could go into the spvp maps and find all the small scale battles you want…I know….that’s just too easy.

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

This.

There’s lots of empty WvW maps that the people in queue can go to.

PvE players aren’t going to fix it either. When your server is down to a handful of roaming guilds, PvE people showin up in WvW aren’t goin to be welcomed by an organized community and ready commanders. There are too few commanders, too few guilds.

PvE guilds that want WvW will transfer for cheap to tier 1. They’re not going to stick around and build community while training themselves for WvW from scratch about for a server name they’ve never cared about. They can find loads of, instead of the remaining few, talented commanders and guilds in tier 1.

Tier 8 is on its way from small fights to empty desert.

It’s very simple. It’s dying because the system is sick (people transfer up). Leagues only made it sicker. A new map could bring out new people or it could push the current people away, arguments could be made either way. What a new map won’t do is keep the system from being sick.

I honestly feel like ArenaNet isn’t taking this seriously.

Gate of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: Zosk.5609

Zosk.5609

I’m kinda puzzled by the dev response to “why a 5th map when the first 4 aren’t filling up” question. I think this is a good opportunity to tell people they don’t get the design and explain it…in accordance with the new paradigm.

I mean, unless I’m missing the mark, this is a design borrowed from Dark Age of Camelot and the idea is you are supposed to have mobility and switch areas/zones to attack elsewhere if things aren’t going your way or the zerg is too big.

Hitting the caps is actually a bad thing! (And that’s just on principle…it’s also a bad thing because of the ability lag whenever all three teams come close to hitting the cap in one area)

in WvW

Posted by: Ahlen.7591

Ahlen.7591

I’m kinda puzzled by the dev response to “why a 5th map when the first 4 aren’t filling up” question. I think this is a good opportunity to tell people they don’t get the design and explain it…in accordance with the new paradigm.

I mean, unless I’m missing the mark, this is a design borrowed from Dark Age of Camelot and the idea is you are supposed to have mobility and switch areas/zones to attack elsewhere if things aren’t going your way or the zerg is too big.

Hitting the caps is actually a bad thing! (And that’s just on principle…it’s also a bad thing because of the ability lag whenever all three teams come close to hitting the cap in one area)

Only the T1’s regularly hit the caps. I live in a T2 server and I can only remember once, maybe twice, where there was a queue. And that was for EB, I could have just went to a borderlands.

This is just designing content for a small amount of players….which is a very odd decision if you ask me.

in WvW

Posted by: Vick.6805

Vick.6805

I can’t imagine it being otherwise, but can one of the devs confirm that the Asian market (once launched) will be in a third WvW lineup separate from NA and EU?

If the Asian guilds beta testing the game are really that large, then that has the potential to cause huge problems if they’re somehow incorporated into the two existing lineups.

EDIT: As far as servers hitting queues, my server is mid-tier and hits queues every weekend.

in WvW

Posted by: Daedus Wolfe.1749

Daedus Wolfe.1749

I kinda skipped over this .. but after reading about the new map and it’s ‘supposed’ purpose .. one line stood out among all of them ..
This means worlds with a large population won’t be able to use their size to gain an unfair advantage with this map.
If that is truly the case .. then this is what all maps need to be changed to in order to kick it in the butt for WvW. This one change would bring back a large number of people that have given up because of lack of balance on all the maps because of server population.

in WvW

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

I would vote for anything that creates new possibilities of play in gw2 right now..

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

in WvW

Posted by: Rskin.4901

Rskin.4901

might spend more time on this map than the others

in WvW

Posted by: canadez.5328

canadez.5328

Or you could go into the spvp maps and find all the small scale battles you want…I know….that’s just too easy.

Sure you could. If you dont care about:

- playing your pve character
- being able to roam
- the thrill which comes with roaming – running into multiple opponents etc.

Lets just say doing skirmishes in WvW is a totally different experience. Just as an example i think watching a roamers livestream is 10 times more interesting then a spvp match. Everything can happen and its not as predictable.

in WvW

KeeZee.7312

I kinda skipped over this .. but after reading about the new map and it’s ‘supposed’ purpose .. one line stood out among all of them ..
This means worlds with a large population won’t be able to use their size to gain an unfair advantage with this map.
If that is truly the case .. then this is what all maps need to be changed to in order to kick it in the butt for WvW. This one change would bring back a large number of people that have given up because of lack of balance on all the maps because of server population.

How would a server that has more WvW players be able to use that to their advantage if the WvW maps have the same cap for all 3 servers?

If a server can hit their map cap that’s not them using their numbers to get an advantage because each server can hit the cap. Only way it could be an advantage is if a server could get more players onto a map vs the other servers.

in WvW

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

make Vabbi an overflow so they have people to can atleast open a tower

seriously – stop caring only for the 4-5 full servers and ignore the problems from the empty ones

i was farming orichalcum 1 week on vabbi and this guys dont even trie jormag

or close this empty servers alraedy and bring everyone on 1 server so we all are winners

oh ye i know you work on this^^

this is an stupid move – the argument was always there will be long Que on high servers so they move to low servers

how will high server care bout Que than?

in WvW

Posted by: Kraag Deadsoul.2789

Kraag Deadsoul.2789

Quoted from the The Edge of the Mists: A New Map is Coming to WvW! :

“While this map will allow you to earn rewards that will help you in WvW, it will not contribute directly to your world’s score. This means worlds with a large population won’t be able to use their size to gain an unfair advantage with this map. This is a place where you’ll be able to test your WvW skills, earn World XP, and experience content at the cutting edge of WvW.”

The two sections I emphasized in bold above are contradictory statements. Servers with a large population will most definitely have an unfair advantage by being able to use their greater numbers to earn World XP at a faster rate/greater amount than servers with smaller populations.

To those who would counter it’s no different than that server earning their World XP in the regular WvWvW maps, my counter-counter is this:

Where are the players from the smaller server population who don’t experience queues going to go? The regular WvWvW maps. They will play as they always have. Oh, sure, in the beginning they’ll check out this new Edge of the Mists map for the novelty. Eventually, they’ll simply return to playing the game they came to play in the existing Borderlands and Eternal Battlegrounds maps.

Now let’s look at larger servers who experience queues on a regular basis. Previously, what did their populations do while waiting in queue? Nothing; they waited in queue. With the new map, they will now have the option to enter the Edge of the Mists; an option I’m certain the majority will choose.

Now, while essentially waiting in queue on this new map, they have the opportunity to gain World XP. This is in addition to the World XP their comrades are earning who are already playing inside the regular WvWvW maps. This extra World XP translates directly into more power in WvWvW.

I understand the need to incentivize areas of the game to motivate players to test it out. Instituting WXP as that incentive for the new Edge of the Mists map, though, is a bad idea. I do hope the WvWvW development team reconsiders this ill-conceived decision which, once again, rewards those servers with larger populations while penalizing those with smaller populations.

So many souls, so little time. ~ Kraag Deadsoul

in WvW

Posted by: Mif.3471

Mif.3471

The only rational reason to not stack on a T1 server, is that you’re more likely to be stuck in a queue, and this new system is specifically designed to completely eliminate that drawback.

Tarnished Coast | Best cookies in all of Tyria

(edited by Mif.3471)

in WvW

Posted by: Indoles.1467

Indoles.1467

Now this… is something I can agree with. A year and two months later and a change to WvW comes that I actually like. Maybe there is still hope for me.

in WvW

Posted by: Convenant.7092

Convenant.7092

Quoted from the The Edge of the Mists: A New Map is Coming to WvW! :

“While this map will allow you to earn rewards that will help you in WvW, it will not contribute directly to your world’s score. This means worlds with a large population won’t be able to use their size to gain an unfair advantage with this map. This is a place where you’ll be able to test your WvW skills, earn World XP, and experience content at the cutting edge of WvW.”

The two sections I emphasized in bold above are contradictory statements. Servers with a large population will most definitely have an unfair advantage by being able to use their greater numbers to earn World XP at a faster rate/greater amount than servers with smaller populations.

To those who would counter it’s no different than that server earning their World XP in the regular WvWvW maps, my counter-counter is this:

Where are the players from the smaller server population who don’t experience queues going to go? The regular WvWvW maps. They will play as they always have. Oh, sure, in the beginning they’ll check out this new Edge of the Mists map for the novelty. Eventually, they’ll simply return to playing the game they came to play in the existing Borderlands and Eternal Battlegrounds maps.

Now let’s look at larger servers who experience queues on a regular basis. Previously, what did their populations do while waiting in queue? Nothing; they waited in queue. With the new map, they will now have the option to enter the Edge of the Mists; an option I’m certain the majority will choose.

Now, while essentially waiting in queue on this new map, they have the opportunity to gain World XP. This is in addition to the World XP their comrades are earning who are already playing inside the regular WvWvW maps. This extra World XP translates directly into more power in WvWvW.

I understand the need to incentivize areas of the game to motivate players to test it out. Instituting WXP as that incentive for the new Edge of the Mists map, though, is a bad idea. I do hope the WvWvW development team reconsiders this ill-conceived decision which, once again, rewards those servers with larger populations while penalizing those with smaller populations.

What are you? Do you even play WvW? Do you even know what WXP does? The only meaningful advantage would be Applied Fortitude and Guard Leech… and if there’s no guards in this map, you don’t even have those.

Why did you bother with replying in such a long manner if you don’t even know the fundamentals of WvW?…

in WvW

Posted by: Mattargul.9235

Mattargul.9235

Maybe people entering will be randomly assigned to teams, not by server. I had the impression that this is like any overflow, where people from all servers pile in, so the concept of a server doesn’t even apply.

Dances with Leaves – Guardian – Sanctum of Rall (SoR)

in WvW

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

I hope it does that Mattargul. I wouldn’t mind being able to throw down with people from all servers.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in WvW

Posted by: Aytrix.4059

Aytrix.4059

I hope this doesn’t mean they aren’t working on a new borderland map to replace the current map. They should be creating a new borderland map and rotating it each week with the current map between overflow and live WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: Becka Williams.4978

Becka Williams.4978

You’re going to do beta testing while Season One’s ongoing? Won’t that take guilds away from the fighting, and change the dynamics of the league?

in WvW

Kraag Deadsoul.2789

What are you? Do you even play WvW? Do you even know what WXP does? The only meaningful advantage would be Applied Fortitude and Guard Leech… and if there’s no guards in this map, you don’t even have those.

Why did you bother with replying in such a long manner if you don’t even know the fundamentals of WvW?…

Before you go out of your way to insult someone, maybe think about what you read first before responding. I’m well versed in the fundamentals of WvWvW having put ~3,000 hours into it.

The advantage I speak of is not with regards to the new Edge of the Mists map. It is that playing on this map (while waiting in the queue) will give them an opportunity to earn WXP (per the quoted text in my previous post). This WXP can then be used to purchase upgrades to Applied Fortitude and Guard Leech.

This translates into an advantage for those players once they’ve worked their way through the queue and into the regular maps. An advantage not shared by smaller server populations who don’t experience queues or experience them less frequently.

The analogy would be similar to being allowed to earn WXP adventuring through the PvE world while waiting in queue for WvWvW. Those servers that experience queues get a disproportionate advantage by being given an opportunity to earn WXP outside of the actual WvWvW play space. Conversely, servers with smaller populations who don’t queue or don’t queue very often, don’t get that same advantage to “pre-load” their WXP.

For example, let’s say a WvWvW map can hold 50 players from one server. Server X has exactly that number and all their players enter WvWvW. For the sake of simplicity and all things being equal, they earn 50X WXP. Server Y, on the other hand, has 100 players. Fifty of their players enter the WvWvW map and earn their 50Y WXP.

Meanwhile, their remaining 50 players stuck in the queue decide to enter the Edge of the Mists map while they wait. While there, they, too, get an opportunity to earn 50Y WXP. Once they get through the queue, they have “pre-loaded” an additional 50Y worth of WXP ready to spend on upgrades which directly affect one’s power in WvWvW such as Applied Fortitude and Guard Leech.

Functionally, it’s no different than saying to a player, “You’ve spent Z hours playing the game. For each hour spent, you will be rewarded WXP; even if those hours weren’t all spent playing inside of WvWvW.” If this applied equally to everyone, then there’s no issue. But because of the disparity in server populations, only larger servers will have regular access to this additional source of WXP outside of the normal WvWvW play space. An opportunity that will be denied smaller servers whose players either don’t experience queues or experience them very infrequently.

Edge of the Mists is not WvWvW. It’s a test bed for new ideas and an overflow server to give players waiting to enter WvWvW something to do while waiting. Rewarding players WXP while waiting to enter WvWvW – especially in light of how server populations effectively gate access to this zone as described above – is a bad idea.

(edited by Kraag Deadsoul.2789)

in WvW

Posted by: Sepreh.5924

Sepreh.5924

I think this idea is awesome and the fact that you guys are making use of public testing is amazing as well. Thank you!

Legendary Sepreh, Necromancer
[SYN] Synyster Legion | Dragonbrand Server
Youtube Necromancer

in WvW

Kraag Deadsoul.2789

Maybe people entering will be randomly assigned to teams, not by server. I had the impression that this is like any overflow, where people from all servers pile in, so the concept of a server doesn’t even apply.

Even if that were the case, it doesn’t eliminate the problem. Large servers queue, small servers don’t (or at least not as frequently nor as long as large servers). It’s the addition of a reward which results in the problem. Large servers will have more of their players in queue on the Edge of the Mists map than small servers. Then – in addition – they will have opportunities for earning WXP in what amounts to waiting in a queue.

I’m not against the addition of the Edge of the Mists map. I’m all for it and a test bed/overflow map is long overdue. I applaud the devs for implementing this.

What I take issue with is adding WXP to this map when doing so will favor larger servers at the expense of smaller servers. Smaller servers will be under-represented on that map because smaller servers don’t typically experience queues such that they would need to go to an overflow map to begin with.

in WvW

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

This sounds very interesting, and actually has me excited about WvW for the first time since Spring. Finally a step in the right direction it seems, gj ANet.

This great, I think a lot of roamers will prefer this to bls

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

in WvW

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

This + the new Obsidian Sanctum area is pretty encouraging.

I’d love to help test it, but my guild isn’t particularly a WvW one, nor am I really in one of the eligible timezones. High hopes for it, though.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in WvW

Posted by: rhodoc.2381

rhodoc.2381

So this is a test server for their expansion into the Asian markets that they are calling a new map for the NA community…………..say it with me….“Test Server”.

Yeah that’s right.

[VcY] Velocity – Gargamell

in WvW

Posted by: Asudementio.8526

Asudementio.8526

This idea is trash; all it will end up doing is make the bandwagon up to T1 NA even more favorable. GG anet on killing WvW.

Leader of [Suh]
My moves are fresh, like my groceries.
#TeamEvonforever

in WvW

Posted by: Dajas.4715

Dajas.4715

I hope people will use this opportunity to group up into small party’s and not look for the blue dots, with no points at stake there is no reason to zerg! Wvw could be so much more if it just wasn’t 80% pvd, 15% fights of 50 vs 70 whilst crating skill lag on the rest off the map then 5% roamers.

Infarct this could be a great map for anet to test things out themselves, take away all npc or don’t have any keeps ect to capture and best of yet no downed state. it wouldn’t affect the leagues and it would keep things fresh, but i suppose i can always dream.

in WvW

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Better release it now because the queues are terrible.

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

• Are you lowering the regular map caps when this new map goes through? That would be a welcome change.

Wouldn’t surprise me if this is the ultimate goal. Reducing the caps would improve skill lag, make server population a smaller factor in victory and perhaps reduce the zerging we see now in WvW.

This morning I was pretty excited about the potential of the new map, but the more I read in the FAQ the more it disappoints me. It really is just another perk for T1.

tier 1 players are still just that, players. There play time is just as valid as anyone else. This new map will at least give the thousands (per anet) of players that want to wvw a place to play well waiting on map que. Since it has no bearing on PPT and also gives a place to test wvw ideas before being sent to the PPT maps I don’t see how this is a bad thing at all.

It also removes one of the last reasons that anyone should spread out to other servers. Do T1 servers enjoy that there is only two other servers to fight week after week? Seems like we all gain by having some diversity. If there wasnt three ‘easy wins’ in Gold league maybe we wouldnt have a QQ fest because JQ has a better schedule.

~ AoN ~

in WvW

Samhayn.2385

It also removes one of the last reasons that anyone should spread out to other servers. Do T1 servers enjoy that there is only two other servers to fight week after week? Seems like we all gain by having some diversity. If there wasnt three ‘easy wins’ in Gold league maybe we wouldnt have a QQ fest because JQ has a better schedule.

server stacking is a known issue and anet said they will use the new maps to test ways to spread people out. At the same time this game is still a business and as such needs to cater to its players. If people are stacking on the top servers and you have no way to address it at this time why would you keep something you have most likely been working on for months from going live because it will what? Allow people to play? At this point bring out the map and figure out a wat to spread out your wvw community there are many suggestions that have been made and I’m sure it being debated by anet the best way to implement change with out breaking apart guilds and servers or angering the community more then needed (just look at the forums wvw is a volatile community).

in WvW

Posted by: mako.2431

mako.2431

Ummm for the one’s that have 3 hour queues?! Does not require a whole lot of critical thinking.

in WvW

Posted by: Xcom.1926

Xcom.1926

So we have to wait till the middle of 2014 for this? Dammit.

in WvW

Posted by: Xcom.1926

Xcom.1926

Ummm for the one’s that have 3 hour queues?! Does not require a whole lot of critical thinking.

T1 servers usually have queues during reset day, other than that it isn’t so bad. Most days there aren’t any queues. Regardless I think this is a good move. They can lower the WvW cap and fix skill lag also. It can solve a couple of problems.

in WvW

Posted by: Manuelito.6081

Manuelito.6081

it will be a test server that uses people who want to wvw but can’t because of que to test things that will maybe pushed to the PPT maps and hopefully catch things like the lag bug from bloodlust before it effects the servers that don’t use the test map.

being one of the people in said “stacked server” I am looking forward to this map since it will be better then sitting in pve waiting for a PPT map to pop.

I understand, mate; however, this map will not be “proper” WvW (no contribution to the actual fight of your server)but just a limbus where to farm WXP. So yes, instead of waiting for 3 hours in PvE doing nothing you can still do some sort of WXP farming and some PvP, BUT it does not solve the issues of a better WvW many players are calling for.
just my two cents.

[ROCK]
Desolation