New WvW blog post June 1 2017

in WvW

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

I forgot to ask: when do they actually start? I didn’t see a start date? Is it this week, or September?

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

in WvW

Posted by: Jhoul.6923

Jhoul.6923

I forgot to ask: when do they actually start? I didn’t see a start date? Is it this week, or September?

June 6

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/get-ready-for-the-june-2017-competitive-feature-pack/

in WvW

Posted by: ThunderPanda.1872

ThunderPanda.1872

ThunderPanda.1872, was quoting that for Swamurabi.7890, since he was saying that this would promote stacked servers to spead acrross all mas for better skirmish rewards.

wich is no sense cause a full stacked server, will no matter win, sicne they are paired much more emptier servers, if the stacked servers spread alot of players theycan cap alot of stuff, if they stack in one mega blob as usual they can still cap everything easilly.

Sorry I wasn’t clear. I was wondering about the statement from the interview. Apparently said something about its bad “the more stacked the server is”? I don’t see the correlation there, how would it be bad for stacked server?? I need some enlightenment

Send me 1000g and I will stop trolling WvW forum.
I have a dream – Our Anet Senpai will make WvW Great Again!
WvW Forum is more competitive than WvW

in WvW

Posted by: XenesisII.1540

XenesisII.1540

I disagree with your suggestion about removing the items you personally don’t like.

I think that tying in more rewards for commanders and promoting smaller groups is essential to the health of wvw. If you don’t like seeing tag clutter use the UI option to hide other tags. If you don’t like losing a half dozen die on Inc fodder players to the random tags then get better at positioning your group.

The lfg being stream lined Into the squad UI area won’t clutter your screen so stop being so dramatic over it. There are still quite a few people new to the game mode who have no one to play with and map team chat don’t foster a welcoming environment. The old lfg too was horrible for wvw, maybe it will be useful now. Coming from an active guild it’s pretty easy to turn your nose at features put in place that won’t personally help you but other areas of the game use lfg extensively and wvw does need some love for new players (and pvx players too)

I agree, I think we do need a system in place to encourage new players to enter and stay in wvw, I mean it’s not hard to see at this point that wvw has lost numbers, and hasn’t been able to bring in fresh players to cover the losses. LFG revamp and commander participation will help with that.

Wvw has a higher learning curve than the rest of the game, most of the information you learn are from other players, or from playing the mode for a long period of time, if a player even manages to stick around that long.

Being a commander is also very stressful and quite frankly not rewarding with the amount of flak you have to put up with it. Which is why a lot of pug commanders eventually retreat into being just guild commanders that don’t pug command as much after.

Having more willing commanders around on all maps will help the game mode. You can still retreat and hide in your guild groups if you want, and you can turn off other tags so your screen doesn’t get cluttered. Players eventually will gravitate to the good commanders anyways.

You ain’t gonna grow the population by hiding all the time, people will see nothing happening and go back to pve to following the apple.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“I knew it, I’m surrounded by…” – Dark Helmet

in WvW

Posted by: Sviel.7493

Sviel.7493

I think the pips are tied to the current participation system. If so, there’s no advantage to K-Training as multiple caps won’t earn you pips.

Grant Gertz

Currently, there are no ‘come back’ or ‘close match’ incentives. It is important to remember that the new system is based on War Score, which resets every two hours. Therefore, even if your team is behind in match you can still end up with top War Score for the current tick. The new system also gives a significant bonus to players when fighting outnumbered. This provides servers, with lower populations than their opponents, an opportunity to stay on par or, in some cases, even get ahead of their opponents with respect to their skirmish reward progress.
Read more at http://www.mmorpg.com/guild-wars-2/interviews/exclusive-interview-about-the-wvw-skirmish-changes-and-rewards-1000011772/#TOims3S4Zwg1wdds.99

from: http://www.mmorpg.com/guild-wars-2/interviews/exclusive-interview-about-the-wvw-skirmish-changes-and-rewards-1000011772

Will respond more fully later—I want to take some time to think about the additions.

(edited by Sviel.7493)

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

ThunderPanda.1872, was quoting that for Swamurabi.7890, since he was saying that this would promote stacked servers to spead acrross all mas for better skirmish rewards.

wich is no sense cause a full stacked server, will no matter win, sicne they are paired much more emptier servers, if the stacked servers spread alot of players theycan cap alot of stuff, if they stack in one mega blob as usual they can still cap everything easilly.

Sorry I wasn’t clear. I was wondering about the statement from the interview. Apparently said something about its bad “the more stacked the server is”? I don’t see the correlation there, how would it be bad for stacked server?? I need some enlightenment

we are on the same boat…. i dont think Anet fully understand how bad wvw is… or their game is atm…
The ktrain gaps are really very large, no matter if a server slipt blob or not they are in advantage.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

in WvW

Posted by: Andromeda.8293

Andromeda.8293

In Pvp nothing mattered besides winning or losing to get more pips getting top stats gave more pips, pvp could be acquired only during season, pvp didn’t need the gift of fortune but the PvE one did, Fractal back could be acquired whenever, Fractals required Mastery to unlock Vendor so Mastery did matter to even get it, and each reward system per those were specific to the game mode so yeah…….. why shouldn’t WvW have it’s own stipulations??

I’m assuming you’re referring to putting the backpiece behind a wvw rank wall and not the discussion on wvw ranks influencing pip gain? The pvp and pve legendary backpieces are easy to get. I would not consider what you mentioned to be remotely challenging stipulations on getting those backpieces. How much of the wvw population is over 3k wvw ranks? Most people in wvw are not even plat. But say the wvw legendary backpiece required you have 5k wvw ranks. A lot of potential people would be deterred from pursuing that because 5k wvw ranks is simply a huge time investment.

I was just agreeing with a previous poster though that the wvw rank required to get it should be ~2k or so (and before anyone asks I have significant more rank than this).

Hopefully Anet doesn’t make it too crazy to keep people interested in it ^.^

(edited by Andromeda.8293)

in WvW

Posted by: Sly.9518

Sly.9518

In Pvp nothing mattered besides winning or losing to get more pips getting top stats gave more pips, pvp could be acquired only during season, pvp didn’t need the gift of fortune but the PvE one did, Fractal back could be acquired whenever, Fractals required Mastery to unlock Vendor so Mastery did matter to even get it, and each reward system per those were specific to the game mode so yeah…….. why shouldn’t WvW have it’s own stipulations??

I’m assuming you’re referring to putting the backpiece behind a wvw rank wall and not the discussion on wvw ranks influencing pip gain? The pvp and pve legendary backpieces are easy to get. I would not consider what you mentioned to be remotely challenging stipulations on getting those backpieces. How much of the wvw population is over 3k wvw ranks? Most people in wvw are not even plat. But say the wvw legendary backpiece required you have 5k wvw ranks. A lot of potential people would be deterred from pursuing that because 5k wvw ranks is simply a huge time investment.

Hopefully Anet doesn’t make it too crazy ^.^

Did I say they should be hated behind the rank? No I was specifically referring to the last portion of that quote to why should higher ranked WvW players get more pips, which means getting tickets faster not gating the Backpiece behind High WvW Rank. Reading such a wonderful thing

in WvW

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

So winning pips are based on war score with the war score getting reset every two hours. I assume that this means that winning pips are awarded every two hours.

My question is whether a player has to be online, and on a WvW map, to get awarded these winning pips?

If they do then I could see some fuss about players being forced to play until the next tick to not lose credit or something similar to how players complained about rewards for the HoT maps or before that April update.

There’s also the issue of getting a d/c after playing on a map for 115 minutes and then lose out on winning pips.

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

in WvW

Posted by: Andromeda.8293

Andromeda.8293

Did I say they should be hated behind the rank? No I was specifically referring to the last portion of that quote to why should higher ranked WvW players get more pips, which means getting tickets faster not gating the Backpiece behind High WvW Rank. Reading such a wonderful thing

You quoted the entire thing, it was hard to tell. I was just giving my opinion on how I don’t think high wvw rank should give you more pips for equivalent contributions between someone 5k+ vs someone ~1k. Higher pvp rank after 80 certainly didn’t give more pips in pvp, and if we didn’t want to look at that measurement in pvp, being legendary or plat really didn’t improve your score gain either! Anyway just my 2cents.

in WvW

XenesisII.1540

we are on the same boat…. i dont think Anet fully understand how bad wvw is… or their game is atm…
The ktrain gaps are really very large, no matter if a server slipt blob or not they are in advantage.

The pips will be earned through various methods including being outnumbered which a stacked server would experience a lot less, but with the scoring it’s tied to the current warscore at the tick, not the skirmish victory score. I would imagine it’s something like for a simple example if your side at the tick is 1st 5pts, 2nd 4pts, 3rd 3pts(maybe another bonus 1pt for outnumbered) to your pip.

I’m not sure if the pip scoring is done from what you earned in that previous 5 mins or from the total from the start of the warscore, but the warscore is also reset every two hours giving each side a fresh start. So you can go ahead and ktrain maps for 10k warscore while the others only get 5k score, but they may also be earning outnumbered pip points too.

MB: We incentivize winning by awarding pips for victory, you can also earn pips in other ways, like commanding, playing on an outnumbered map (which is less likely to happen if you are on a stacked server), or having a high WvW rank.

However, it’s also important to keep in mind that you get the pips every tick and the winning pips are awarded based on War Score and not Skirmish Points. Every two hours, everyone’s War Score is set back to zero, and who is winning could change every tick, making a stacked world less likely to constantly win.

We want to make the moment-to-moment score feel exciting and important as a balance to the overall match score, so that players can focus on doing their best during their play session and over the course of the match. Since the rewards aren’t for winning matchups but instead focus on winning moment-to-moment, being on a stacked server is not as beneficial.

North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.

in WvW

Posted by: meerfunkuhtron.9725

meerfunkuhtron.9725

Ktraining at its core is a human nature problem not a game problem. People just want rewards not to enjoy an experience. Not sure how ANET is supposed to fix that mentality. With new rewards outnumbered sides still get pips and there should be less outnumbered people with release of rewards. So with even numbers its up to the players to actually want to fight vs ktrain.

I disagree. Putting discussions on the sociological aspects of humanity aside… My experience with this, as well as a lot of players I’ve come to run with in WvW, is that people firstly enjoyed WvW for the experience (talking about pre-merged WvW here). Sure, people wanted some better rewards and other things that helped them feel proud about accomplishments involved within that experience. And for them to fix some really old bugs. To sum it up, we were enjoying ourselves purely out of the experience and were just asking for more of Anet’s attention to the game mode. Unfortunately, Anet took this as “Let’s decimate all that made this game mode fun and just give them shiny stuff!”

Shiny things are great, but we all know it only lasts for a small amount of time. What are they going to do, just poop out a new shiny thing all the time just to keep the influx of players? While ignoring the fact that so many of their older players have quit, for many reasons that they willfully have brushed off?

What this update tells me is that they simply want to continue in the route of giving people new stuff to play with long enough just so they can bring out another shiny thing as soon those people get bored. Like we’re tiny skritts with ADD. Of course, if you’re a new player, that may not be the case, as there’s a ton of things in the game that you’re still learning/experiencing, etc. I don’t think they’re interested in keeping players, more than they just want new players flooding in. And I get it, they’re a business, as many would like to point out. But from what I’ve seen, a good business knows how to balance keeping their old timers content while still attracting new comers. But from what I’ve also seen, Anet struggles with balance. So… Good luck and have fun with the continuation of ktrains. I will continue to miss the old wvw, for despite its lack of rewards and abundance of bugs, I still found myself logging in everyday and playing for hours for the mere fun of it.

in WvW

Posted by: TheAngryDuckling.5481

TheAngryDuckling.5481

Maybe they should extend that 3 weeks to match the duration of pairings.
(has that changed? I was under the impression it was still 2 months).

+1. Please give them penalty to whoever changed server during current pairing

A penalty?? Why, i get improve server loyalty but some people like to chase good fights and dispise mindless blob ppting. With how the match ups are near impossible to predict, its easy to get put in a tier that you hate. If they ever implement actual punishment for changing servers they should bring stability to tiers first.

in WvW

Posted by: McKenna Berdrow

Previous

McKenna Berdrow

Game Designer

Next

So winning pips are based on war score with the war score getting reset every two hours. I assume that this means that winning pips are awarded every two hours.

My question is whether a player has to be online, and on a WvW map, to get awarded these winning pips?

If they do then I could see some fuss about players being forced to play until the next tick to not lose credit or something similar to how players complained about rewards for the HoT maps or before that April update.

There’s also the issue of getting a d/c after playing on a map for 115 minutes and then lose out on winning pips.

You earn pips every tick, so every 5 minutes. You do have to be online, in WvW to earn the pips.

in WvW

Sly.9518

You quoted the entire thing, it was hard to tell. I was just giving my opinion on how I don’t think high wvw rank should give you more pips for equivalent contributions between someone 5k+ vs someone ~1k. Higher pvp rank after 80 certainly didn’t give more pips in pvp, and if we didn’t want to look at that measurement in pvp, being legendary or plat really didn’t improve your score gain either! Anyway just my 2cents.

Again wining or losing affected how many pips you acquire same with getting top stats increased pip gain…… since WvW doesn’t have those style of stats they used a variable that is actually pertinent to WvW which is Rank and from the description it only increase the speed at which you can acquire tickets, and if they put a rank requirement per Tier for Backpiece that’s fine too since that simulates the time gate both other Legendary back pieces have….. oh look equivalency

Again they are using things relevant per specific gamemode to acquire the Backpiece specific to that game mode

in WvW

Posted by: Manimarco Devil.1790

Manimarco Devil.1790

Ktraining at its core is a human nature problem not a game problem. People just want rewards not to enjoy an experience. Not sure how ANET is supposed to fix that mentality. With new rewards outnumbered sides still get pips and there should be less outnumbered people with release of rewards. So with even numbers its up to the players to actually want to fight vs ktrain.

I disagree. Putting discussions on the sociological aspects of humanity aside… My experience with this, as well as a lot of players I’ve come to run with in WvW, is that people firstly enjoyed WvW for the experience (talking about pre-merged WvW here). Sure, people wanted some better rewards and other things that helped them feel proud about accomplishments involved within that experience. And for them to fix some really old bugs. To sum it up, we were enjoying ourselves purely out of the experience and were just asking for more of Anet’s attention to the game mode. Unfortunately, Anet took this as “Let’s decimate all that made this game mode fun and just give them shiny stuff!”

Shiny things are great, but we all know it only lasts for a small amount of time. What are they going to do, just poop out a new shiny thing all the time just to keep the influx of players? While ignoring the fact that so many of their older players have quit, for many reasons that they willfully have brushed off?

What this update tells me is that they simply want to continue in the route of giving people new stuff to play with long enough just so they can bring out another shiny thing as soon those people get bored. Like we’re tiny skritts with ADD. Of course, if you’re a new player, that may not be the case, as there’s a ton of things in the game that you’re still learning/experiencing, etc. I don’t think they’re interested in keeping players, more than they just want new players flooding in. And I get it, they’re a business, as many would like to point out. But from what I’ve seen, a good business knows how to balance keeping their old timers content while still attracting new comers. But from what I’ve also seen, Anet struggles with balance. So… Good luck and have fun with the continuation of ktrains. I will continue to miss the old wvw, for despite its lack of rewards and abundance of bugs, I still found myself logging in everyday and playing for hours for the mere fun of it.

So you think removing all rewards will somehow revive the game mode? I’m confused and certainly disagree with that conclusion.

Battlelord Taeres

in WvW

Aeolus.3615

just a tough i remmembered now…

Anet try to pull pve layers into WvW…
….but by the other handWVW barelly holds servers with the same population fithing each other!!!

i really dont get what they are trying to achieve with this nosense…sicne Anet always ignored the real problems…

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

in WvW

meerfunkuhtron.9725

I really want to propose for them to play in WvW like a traditional player. Not just one person who goes in there for a few days and thinks they’ve got the information they need to make giant changes… which they far often did with WvW (if a dev even poked into the game before hand). Have a group of people do a month or so long of a project of running around in WvW? Idk, just something that garners more information than just a simple “Hey guys, vote on this!” and everyone’s just having giant question marks on their heads. This is something they should have done for any big roll out of changes, but, ya know…

in WvW

Aeolus.3615

I really want to propose for them to play in WvW like a traditional player. Not just one person who goes in there for a few days and thinks they’ve got the information they need to make giant changes… which they far often did with WvW (if a dev even poked into the game before hand). Have a group of people do a month or so long of a project of running around in WvW? Idk, just something that garners more information than just a simple “Hey guys, vote on this!” and everyone’s just having giant question marks on their heads. This is something they should have done for any big roll out of changes, but, ya know…

well they did the voting stuff, but none of the option was really touching what need to be adressed… its a bit of manipulative questions where none will lead to a good path.

in WvW

Previous

McKenna Berdrow

Game Designer

Next

A thought occurred to me … since I play both Edge of the Mists and The Mist War … does all of this only apply to The Mist War, or does it apply to Edge of the Mists also?

Skirmishes are only part of The Mist War and not part of EoTM. Because of that pips cannot be earned while in EoTM. However, vendors for both the backpack and skirmish rewards will be in EoTM in case of queues.

in WvW

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

If nothing else, the new shinnies can bring in some fresh blood. That could help the long term survivability of the game mode.

The rewards based on server position will still heavily favor the band wagon servers. I seriously doubt people will be dissuaded by the three week hold.

SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Falseprophet.1502

Falseprophet.1502

A thought occurred to me … since I play both Edge of the Mists and The Mist War … does all of this only apply to The Mist War, or does it apply to Edge of the Mists also?

Skirmishes are only part of The Mist War and not part of EoTM. Because of that pips cannot be earned while in EoTM. However, vendors for both the backpack and skirmish rewards will be in EoTM in case of queues.

EOTM will be dead come Tuesday. Pretty unfortunate.

in WvW

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

whats the rank required for each armor tier? and Legendary back?

Over 9000,

Fine by me :P

in WvW

Posted by: ThunderPanda.1872

ThunderPanda.1872

Maybe they should extend that 3 weeks to match the duration of pairings.
(has that changed? I was under the impression it was still 2 months).

+1. Please give them penalty to whoever changed server during current pairing

A penalty?? Why, i get improve server loyalty but some people like to chase good fights and dispise mindless blob ppting. With how the match ups are near impossible to predict, its easy to get put in a tier that you hate. If they ever implement actual punishment for changing servers they should bring stability to tiers first.

I find it hard to believe when a guild of people can just transfer on a whim when they’re stuck in a bad matchup for a week or few weeks – then proceeds to change to another one again and again whenever those gets bad matchups.

If you’re a roamer, then why in the name of kitten do you need to transfer on a few weeks of bad matchup?

And lemme know an instance where there is a huge matchup crisis without huge transfers after every new link. None – because mass amount of people always transfer. Have you ever sat down and wonder – maybe you are the problem?

Send me 1000g and I will stop trolling WvW forum.
I have a dream – Our Anet Senpai will make WvW Great Again!
WvW Forum is more competitive than WvW

(edited by ThunderPanda.1872)

in WvW

Sly.9518

EOTM should never have existed in the first place…. and shouldn’t get the same rewards as WvW since it’s not WvW

in WvW

XenesisII.1540

just a tough i remmembered now…

Anet try to pull pve layers into WvW…
….but by the other handWVW barelly holds servers with the same population fithing each other!!!

i really dont get what they are trying to achieve with this nosense…sicne Anet always ignored the real problems…

Don’t quite get what you’re trying to say here… but where do you expect to pull new players in for wvw? or do you want wvw to just continue dying as usual?

Most of the attention this game gets is for it’s pve, for living story and now raids, there has to be something in wvw to help attract more pve players into wvw, and the biggest thing to do that is actual rewards. You’re not going to get random joeblow off the mmo street to come play gw2 for wvw, that time has passed.

Obviously other major problems exist with wvw, namely combat has gone to kitten since the expansion, but that balancing act is not in the wvw hands. Population balance is as usual an ongoing investigation. Actual wvw game play needs to be freshened up, because the ppt game is stale. Now that skirmish scoring and rewards are out of the way, maybe they can try and tackle one of those issues now.

in WvW

XenesisII.1540

EOTM should never have existed in the first place…. and shouldn’t get the same rewards as WvW since it’s not WvW

Unfortunately those people that k-trained eotm in the early days earned mithril and diamond ranks are now going to get a one up on mainly wvw players, since you get pips based on rank and some stuff are rank locked, hopefully not something insanely high, like nothing over 2k at least.

in WvW

meerfunkuhtron.9725

So you think removing all rewards will somehow revive the game mode? I’m confused and certainly disagree with that conclusion.

Oh no, not at all. Rewards are a part of a game. Like I said, back then even when the game mode was more fun, we were asking for rewards (which, to be fair, was non existent). But simply handing out rewards won’t fix the game mode and it surely isn’t true that players don’t care about enjoying the experience, which is what I was truly disagreeing with you on. Just because I think this reward system wouldn’t really fix anything doesn’t mean I want ALL rewards taken away. Let’s not think like Anet here :P

(edited by meerfunkuhtron.9725)

in WvW

Aeolus.3615

(snip)

(snip)
Obviously other major problems exist with wvw, namely combat has gone to kitten since the expansion, but that balancing act is not in the wvw hands. Population balance is as usual an ongoing investigation. Actual wvw game play needs to be freshened up, because the ppt game is stale. Now that skirmish scoring and rewards are out of the way, maybe they can try and tackle one of those issues now.

very true very true, its the other kitten team that needs to fix the part im complaining about, sadly looks like that kitten of that team works like the majestic 12….

in WvW

Posted by: anduriell.6280

anduriell.6280

I’m impressed with the changes and at least in paper they look very promissing. I like the pips thing and the fact commanders are rewarded for tagging up and lead.

Is there anyway for somebody to give more info about the new skins?
What will sell the new tickets vendor?

I TOLD YOU SO
Inverse to Apple: SBeast is the worst yet.. jurl jurl
I’m all in for Team Irenio!

in WvW

Posted by: Balthazzarr.1349

Balthazzarr.1349

Finally! A reason to go into WvW other than just hanging out with some friends. Of course there will always be people that find something wrong with ANY change.. but this one, in my humble opinion, is pretty much all good to me. There is zero comments that can or will change my mind on this.. I’m happy that ANet actually has been listening and has done something positive.

NOBODY has all the answers, or can implement ALL the solutions that make everyone happy. But this is a pretty good one!

Thanks!

… just call me … Tim :)

in WvW

meerfunkuhtron.9725

well they did the voting stuff, but none of the option was really touching what need to be adressed… its a bit of manipulative questions where none will lead to a good path.

Right, I don’t think the polls worked for the favor of the game mode at all. Plus, the changes they rolled out were one big thing after another. They were asking people to make a decision on several different subjects that they experienced for short periods of time. Especially since a lot of us didn’t even know how the decision’s going to affect the game in the first place. It just didn’t work.

in WvW

Posted by: CrimeMaker.8612

CrimeMaker.8612

Will the WvW legen back piece require map completion??? If it does that would be pretty bs A net because more than half the wvw community hates pve / map compeltion

in WvW

Sly.9518

Will the WvW legen back piece require map completion??? If it does that would be pretty bs A net because more than half the wvw community hates pve / map compeltion

Non of the back pieces require map completion……

in WvW

Posted by: yolo.6201

yolo.6201

finaly somthing to WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Sviel.7493

Sviel.7493

People did vote for rewards, and they’ve delivered rewards, so let’s not be too hard on them. It’s true that there are myriad other issues, but they set out to do one thing and have done that one thing well. That’s great.

Granted, it did take a long time to do this one thing and it isn’t the biggest fish that needs frying, but I’d rather complain about them doing things too slowly than complain about them not doing things at all. Their previous system was to try to tackle things comprehensively and it did not work out at all. Now, they’re taking it one bite at a time and it will be cause for celebration if they keep it up.

Either way, we still need better communication. Unlike PvE updates, the WvW stuff is a matter of urgent surgery. PvE is ok between updates because there’s plenty to do for most folks. WvW is not ok between updates because the issues beat us over the head minute by minute. We need hope, not hype, hope.

in WvW

Posted by: Sol.6213

Sol.6213

Thanks for the development attention to WvW.

Two things;

If someone transferred today, when would they be eligible to start earning rewards when the new system goes live?

I have no idea what you are talking about with tiers of armor. Can someone explain (even take a guess) about the details of what that’s about?

in WvW

Previous

McKenna Berdrow

Game Designer

Next

Two things;

If someone transferred today, when would they be eligible to start earning rewards when the new system goes live?

I have no idea what you are talking about with tiers of armor. Can someone explain (even take a guess) about the details of what that’s about?

You would not be eligible to earn pips until the 9th if you transferred today.

The Armor Tiers are:
Tier 1 – Triumphant armor
Tier 2 – Triumphant Hero’s armor
Tier 3 – Mistforged Triumphant Hero’s armor

Weapons:
Tier 1: Hero’s weapons
Tier 2: Mistforged Hero’s weapons

in WvW

Posted by: CrimeMaker.8612

CrimeMaker.8612

When is the legendary armor coming to WvW now that we are finally getting ascended??

in WvW

Posted by: trixantea.1230

trixantea.1230

Just a small question: are we going to get some sort of reward or score for doing veteran creatures events? should we expect a change about them?

in WvW

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

The news post was so idiotic. You made it sound like it was live already, its not. And you don’t include the date it becomes live in the post. We have to view a much older post to see the “supposed” live date….prompting no ‘changes’.

This ‘content’ changes nothing. YOu pretty much said: well people are starting to realize eotm is better and playing there instead…..lets fix that in the cruelest way possible, the usual. And you pretty much told people to transfer now, on the offchance that transfers aren’t blocked from the new system on release….transfer now when the prices are at all time highs to do so.
And once its released you treat anyone who pve’s their butts off to get that gold like chumps. They spend all those resources transferring only to be denied future rewards? lol.

Cruel as usual…..but only some of you can see that, as usual. WvsW as a whole are just pve players who like thinking that because they fight somewhat intelligent ai, they are better than pve players.

Be honest, wvsw was better before the beta started. It was better before hot started. Every change they make is the opposite of what the playerbase expects/wants, and it shows.

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

in WvW

Posted by: Dhan Rahl.8493

Dhan Rahl.8493

Two things;

The Armor Tiers are:

Weapons:

How are these going to handled? A lot of players have unlocked all the T1 skins and salvaged them to save on inventory space. Will there be a collection added for this (or tracking of skins unlocked), or will we be forced to re-complete 18 reward tracks?

in WvW

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

Two things;

The Armor Tiers are:

Weapons:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/index.php?title=Special%3ASearch&search=Mistforged+triumphant+armor&go=Go

A new armor skin set sounds cool. Do we have to unlock all T1 and T2 skins to acquire the T3 ones, or say only the T1 and T2 gloves to unlock the T3 gloves?

in WvW

meerfunkuhtron.9725

People did vote for rewards, and they’ve delivered rewards, so let’s not be too hard on them. It’s true that there are myriad other issues, but they set out to do one thing and have done that one thing well. That’s great.

Granted, it did take a long time to do this one thing and it isn’t the biggest fish that needs frying, but I’d rather complain about them doing things too slowly than complain about them not doing things at all. Their previous system was to try to tackle things comprehensively and it did not work out at all. Now, they’re taking it one bite at a time and it will be cause for celebration if they keep it up.

Either way, we still need better communication. Unlike PvE updates, the WvW stuff is a matter of urgent surgery. PvE is ok between updates because there’s plenty to do for most folks. WvW is not ok between updates because the issues beat us over the head minute by minute. We need hope, not hype, hope.

“We need hope, not hype, hope.” <—-

Agreed. A few of us are definitely cynical. For me, the disappointment came from hoping that this update would tackle a core issue. I feel like shinnies could come later… Just like how you wouldn’t want to decorate your house when you’ve got a giant leak within your walls and the foundation itself needs some remodeling. I could hope that they’re doing things as you’ve described, that this is just a small part of more subsequent changes to come that will actually address some core issues. Unfortunately, I believe they’re doing this simply for the numbers. They wanted to make WvW look more crowded, so they merged servers. They want to keep attracting more people through hypes (even though they know that they also keep losing people because of the issues they’re ignoring), etc. etc. Your mentality is definitely more positive than mine :P And if I’m wrong, then that would be great. It means I can love to play the game again.

(edited by meerfunkuhtron.9725)

in WvW

Sly.9518

The news post was so idiotic. You made it sound like it was live already, its not. And you don’t include the date it becomes live in the post. We have to view a much older post to see the “supposed” live date….prompting no ‘changes’.

This ‘content’ changes nothing. YOu pretty much said: well people are starting to realize eotm is better and playing there instead…..lets fix that in the cruelest way possible, the usual. And you pretty much told people to transfer now, on the offchance that transfers aren’t blocked from the new system on release….transfer now when the prices are at all time highs to do so.
And once its released you treat anyone who pve’s their butts off to get that gold like chumps. They spend all those resources transferring only to be denied future rewards? lol.

Cruel as usual…..but only some of you can see that, as usual. WvsW as a whole are just pve players who like thinking that because they fight somewhat intelligent ai, they are better than pve players.

A much older post …….. you mean a post from yesterday…. much old such buried so hard to find.

And people that transfer after the 26th won’t get the rewards as stated in the interview….

Smh people will complain about anything..

in WvW

Previous

McKenna Berdrow

Game Designer

Two things;

The Armor Tiers are:

Weapons:

How are these going to handled? A lot of players have unlocked all the T1 skins and salvaged them to save on inventory space. Will there be a collection added for this (or tracking of skins unlocked), or will we be forced to re-complete 18 reward tracks?

It checks if you have the skin. So if you already have the T1 skin then you can buy the T2.

in WvW

Posted by: Pensadora.9478

Pensadora.9478

McKenna answered this in the reddit thread: “Pips can only be earned in The Mist War. So you cannot earn pips in EoTM.”

GM of [MAS] – Might and Smarts – WvW
http://www.mas4eva.enjin.com/

in WvW

Posted by: anduriell.6280

anduriell.6280

Two things;

The Armor Tiers are:

Weapons:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/index.php?title=Special%3ASearch&search=Mistforged+triumphant+armor&go=Go

A new armor skin set sounds cool. Do we have to unlock all T1 and T2 skins to acquire the T3 ones, or say only the T1 and T2 gloves to unlock the T3 gloves?

i think you need the previous tier to unlock the next one: you need T1 and something from the vendor to transform it to T2.
T1 you get it from the reward tracks while the items to transform in T2 you’d get it with pips. So you could be working in T1 and T2 at the same time!

I TOLD YOU SO
Inverse to Apple: SBeast is the worst yet.. jurl jurl
I’m all in for Team Irenio!

in WvW

Posted by: Teon.5168

Teon.5168

Its sounds good over all. I hope this rewards work out well i can see the maps becoming a bit tag happy with getting added rewards for being a commander with at least 5 ppl. Every one going to be a commander lol.

I guess now nobody can complain of there being no tags around XD

Guess we’ll see how it all works once implemented…..but yea, I tend to agree with your comments on tags. After this update, everyone and their brother/sister will have a tag….it has the potential to just be absurd.

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

in WvW

Aeolus.3615

Its sounds good over all. I hope this rewards work out well i can see the maps becoming a bit tag happy with getting added rewards for being a commander with at least 5 ppl. Every one going to be a commander lol.

I guess now nobody can complain of there being no tags around XD

Guess we’ll see how it all works once implemented…..but yea, I tend to agree with your comment on tags. After this update, everyone and their brother/sister will have a tag….it has the potential to just be absurd.

all i can imagine with that is so many pve players getting overfarmed.. until they drop back to pve, and this changes solve nothing…