Posted by: Halo.8976

Halo.8976

Q:

Why?

New WvW colors

in WvW

Posted by: Kratic.8763

Kratic.8763

What? The colors are changed now? (stuck at work so can’t check)

250 years later, still haven’t forgotten…

New WvW colors

in WvW

Halo.8976

Please don’t stare at this for too long, it’ll hurt your eyes.

Attachments:

New WvW colors

in WvW

Posted by: Delcat.1245

Delcat.1245

really wtf , y on earth did you waste time even doing this ,

so many more things you could do , makes me sad

New WvW colors

in WvW

Kratic.8763

wow… that’s some bright blue haha – yay Maguuma is still holding our BL lol

New WvW colors

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

Red, green, cyan?

Gate of Madness

New WvW colors

in WvW

Kratic.8763

Waste time? its just changing 1 value in the code to change the color lol

New WvW colors

in WvW

Posted by: Ragnar.4257

Ragnar.4257

These are the new maps guys!

They may look like the old ones, but they’re brighter!

[Scnd][TA][Dius][aX]

New WvW colors

in WvW

Posted by: Blix.8021

Blix.8021

Unless this was supposed to make it easier for color blind people or something, this was the most random change I could imagine.

New WvW colors

in WvW

Posted by: GorHanis.7563

GorHanis.7563

Looks terrible… They didn’t change the altar colors on BL’s and we don’t see the commie tags on the maps while they are in any blue keep/tower or camp marker. GZ!

(edited by GorHanis.7563)

New WvW colors

in WvW

Posted by: Moghwar.8706

Moghwar.8706

Are you serious? Low quality models look incredibly…. like barbie plastic world, wtf.

[dw] Guardian | Raidlead

New WvW colors

in WvW

Posted by: Sovereign.1093

Sovereign.1093

hurts the eyes them new colors. got to use my shades . :/

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

New WvW colors

in WvW

Posted by: Moon.6371

Moon.6371

Who is making the final decisions regarding such changes in the wvw dev team, is it Devon? This is the most ugly, power ranger blue I could imagine, the old colour was fitting the darkish environment perfectly, why would you change it to something like that?

[Buka] Koma Grey
[Buka] Mojo Monkey Man
Kodash

New WvW colors

in WvW

Posted by: Sagramor.7395

Sagramor.7395

Wasting time indeed. Think of all the meetings full of people much higher on the payroll than the programmer that went into that change.

New WvW colors

in WvW

Posted by: Skady.5916

Skady.5916

ANET,
please revert changes back! it really hurts eyes, i can get an epilepsy soon

New ‘blue’ color looks very similar to ‘green’, also very similar to commander icon color.

MAPS ARE UNREADABLE

A man of knowledge lives by acting, not by thinking about acting.
-Carlos Castaneda
Skady Valda

New WvW colors

in WvW

Posted by: Roy.7405

Roy.7405

Whatever system they use for capture point colors is probably related to the one used is sPvP. They changed the map colors in sPvP for clarity, so this could have been a side effect. Either way, not a big deal.

New WvW colors

in WvW

Posted by: Slomo.1029

Slomo.1029

Could have been a fix to a tooltip.
Something this game truly needs since 1 year after release you still cant tell how much damage your skills will do.

~ Gandara

New WvW colors

in WvW

Kratic.8763

Could have been a fix to a tooltip.
Something this game truly needs since 1 year after release you still cant tell how much damage your skills will do.

Need more tooltip fixes! I can’t play this game without them! I am so confused!!

New WvW colors

in WvW

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

Unless this was supposed to make it easier for color blind people or something, this was the most random change I could imagine.

This is probably exactly why it was done.

New WvW colors

in WvW

Posted by: Father Busho.2796

Father Busho.2796

I cannot look at the map now without the feeling that my eyes are melting

Band Of Royal Daggers [BORD]
Aurora Glade
ALL IS VAIN :(

New WvW colors

in WvW

Posted by: Chiolas.1326

Chiolas.1326

Quit WvW and Gw2 in August 2013

New WvW colors

in WvW

Halo.8976

Yeah, my color blind guildie is happy right now.
But why not to make it an option? The colors are really annoying for about everybody else.

New WvW colors

in WvW

Posted by: Tellerion.8102

Tellerion.8102

My eyes hurt

~~Ayeres~~

New WvW colors

in WvW

Posted by: ors.1398

ors.1398

My eyes are bleeding Anet! WHY?
After a few mins of trying to play I give up.. whoever thought of this should have their eyes checked first.

(edited by ors.1398)

New WvW colors

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Please people, adapt and overcome!

Become color blind and its fine, no big deal. You’ll go color blind soon enough anyway with all that eye bleeding and stuff.

New WvW colors

in WvW

Posted by: Contiguous.1345

Contiguous.1345

What a fuss about nothing.

New WvW colors

in WvW

Posted by: ShadowMaster.5708

ShadowMaster.5708

I am sure this was to help colour blind people.. if you were colour blind i am sure you would be happy. Live with it guys

New WvW colors

in WvW

Posted by: Urrid.4593

Urrid.4593

These are the new maps guys!

They may look like the old ones, but they’re brighter!

haha +1

These colors make my eyes bleed.

I am sure this was to help colour blind people.. if you were colour blind i am sure you would be happy. Live with it guys

That was the only thing I could think of.

They could have given each team a unique shape ( Circle, Square, Triangle ) and kept the old colors AND made the map more readable at a glance but…. NOPE.

We now have Eyestrain Red, Retina Ripper Green and Deadly Blue.

Coral -Mesmer- Omnomnivore and TC’er.

(edited by Urrid.4593)

New WvW colors

in WvW

Posted by: Az z.2746

Az z.2746

I haven’t played with it yet, but at first look, I like it.

We also have bigger stuff to whine about.

Azz ~
( Sg Az / Rg Az / Wr Az / Gr Az )
http://www.youtube.com/user/azzalan/

New WvW colors

in WvW

Urrid.4593

I haven’t played with it yet, but at first look, I like it.

We also have bigger stuff to whine about.

Nah, we don’t. Treb mastery is going to slowly turn into a mess 1-2 months down the line but right now most people don’t have the WxP levels to really prove that treb mastery is at kittened as it looks.

New WvW colors

in WvW

Posted by: jollyjoyjoy.8031

jollyjoyjoy.8031

I have partial color blindness, and my issue is with the red/green combination , not the blue. It has led me to some pretty funny situations, like where SM was just captured and I tried exiting through the portal while being chased.

It was probably hilarious to the people chasing me though. :P

New WvW colors

in WvW

Urrid.4593

I have partial color blindness, and my issue is with the red/green combination , not the blue. It has led me to some pretty funny situations, like where SM was just captured and I tried exiting through the portal while being chased.

It was probably hilarious to the people chasing me though. :P

Did the color changes help at all?

New WvW colors

in WvW

Posted by: dunnberry.2964

dunnberry.2964

This is stupid…the colors are obnoxious now an if they could do this than many other changes they said are difficult to do they should easily be able to do! Party kicking anyone? Just like seriously? Yea it’s apparently for colorblind people but why not make an option for colorblind or not? Hate this
Edit: I think they are trying to make everyone not colorblind have terrible eyes as well

Borlis Pass
Asuran Engineer (Lost)

New WvW colors

in WvW

Posted by: Magnetron.5823

Magnetron.5823

hahah that’s wvw content guys, be happy! Now you can see how many resources they spend on it. Just wait for other games that have full open world pvp.

Born in the Desolation. Die for Desolation.

New WvW colors

in WvW

Posted by: Yaro.3251

Yaro.3251

I never thought I’m color blind but at first glance at the map in-game I couldn’t for the moment tell if the spot was blue or green. Maybe it’s just my monitor though.

Anyway, jeezus guys, don’t you have more important things to moan and groan about?.. Changed the colors, big deal.

Team Aggression [TA] – Golden Horde [GH]

New WvW colors

in WvW

Posted by: KnattyDreads.1856

KnattyDreads.1856

Hey I was right!!! The previous ‘blue’ was actually purple. Take that map chat haters!

Now I’m going to log in and enjoy all the new wvw fixes and wvw content implemented in this pa… uh… what the deuce?? Why can’t I kick this party member that left game without leaving party!! Oh well, time to buy some wxp boosters and hangout with the rest of the sheep.

baahhhh kittens, baahhhh.

-Emhry Bay-
Call of Fate [CoF]

New WvW colors

in WvW

Urrid.4593

They added nothing else to WvW other than a pile of broken Treb traits. There is literally nothing else to talk about for another 2 weeks.

New WvW colors

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

did this even help with red/green colorblindness

how does making blue an eyesore help

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

New WvW colors

in WvW

Posted by: Pheppo.9286

Pheppo.9286

Worst colors EVER!

Are you insane? My eyes are bleeding!

Please change back the Colors. ASAP!

Server: Riverside [DE]
Chars: The fluffy Flapsi (Ele), Fipsip (Mesmer), Flappo (Necro), Fenix (Engi)

New WvW colors

in WvW

Posted by: Jamais vu.5284

Jamais vu.5284

Horrible.
No one asked for this.
It really does hurt the eyes, this isn’t just some figure of speech. And I have an IPS monitor. Additionally it seems to be harder to distinguish from green on first glance.
Look, if you desperately need to make Blue brighter make it a less-neony way, I kittening beg you. Or make it a toggle. I know you hate options for the players, but still.

New WvW colors

in WvW

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

Will take a bit to get used to but so far I prefer the new colours, they stand out much better on the map

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

New WvW colors

in WvW

Posted by: Chiolas.1326

Chiolas.1326

Now colourblind people are happy and plenty of non-colourblind people are unhappy, where’s the logic beyond not making this change an option?

Quit WvW and Gw2 in August 2013

New WvW colors

in WvW

Posted by: Malpractice.7850

Malpractice.7850

This is probably exactly why it was done.

I love it. I wisht here was more colorblind options.
it also takes almost no time.

New WvW colors

in WvW

Posted by: White Raven.4368

White Raven.4368

When I first saw what our Deso blue had become I thought it was some kind of joke.

I asked in map chap if commander tags were now pink.

Desolation [LOST]Lost in Socks Guild.

New WvW colors

in WvW

Posted by: Buffy.9246

Buffy.9246

Honestly, Why is this a major issue? This is not even a big deal. The colors are still the same, Red is red, blue is blue, green is green. Different shades but still the SAME color. Other pressing matters to worry about then one simple thing you will get use to…

New WvW colors

in WvW

Posted by: Xerol.1578

Xerol.1578

Are you all staring at the map 24/7 or have I just been playing the wrong way all this time by looking at the field in front of me.

New WvW colors

in WvW

Urrid.4593

Are you all staring at the map 24/7 or have I just been playing the wrong way all this time by looking at the field in front of me.

Good Commanders spend a lot of time looking at the map, and rather consistently too I might add.

New WvW colors

in WvW

Posted by: Phantom.8130

Phantom.8130

Honestly, Why is this a major issue? This is not even a big deal. The colors are still the same, Red is red, blue is blue, green is green. Different shades but still the SAME color. Other pressing matters to worry about then one simple thing you will get use to…

you’re absolutely right. there are other pressing matters to be worried about than the colors of the dots on the maps. which is the problem with them changing the colors on the maps, and leaving the other pressing matters untouched. this change is purely cosmetic, and does nothing to help WvW at all. in fact, since the new fabulous blue is so close to the single color a commander icon can be, it actually hinders WvW. no one requested this change, but there have been numerous requests for changes that will actually help matters in WvW. changes that have been answered with “soon”, which we’ve come to realize is code for “not in this lifetime, sucker”, since the betas.

instead of taking care of the improvements that are necessary, we get superficial crap that only harms the game overall if anything. people have the right to be disappointed at this point. especially since the changes aren’t major overhauls, but things like different color commander tags and functional UI, and have been requested since the betas. here it is, a year later, and the problems haven’t been addressed, and we’ve just been given shiny distractions to try to get us to ignore the problems. it’s just plain insulting to our intelligence at this point.

New WvW colors

in WvW

Posted by: Jahn.7019

Jahn.7019

3 things:

1. Why? It was fine the way it was, new colors are blinding.

2. At least be uniform about it, the altars are still dark blue, the score screen is still dark blue, the banners are still dark blue. I mean why implement a change like this if you’re going to just half kitten it.

3. It’s the same color as the commander tags, they are kitten near impossible to see in any blue structure now.

New WvW colors

in WvW

Posted by: AmFah.5974

AmFah.5974

wvw colors back to normal please!

Attachments:

kitten u anet! (’Y’Y’)^_^(’Y’Y’)