New exploit/bug - rezzing at contested spawn points ?

in WvW

Posted by: Grok.6714

Grok.6714

matchup: SFR/Kodash/Riverside

I will not mention what side is abusing this to avoid unnecessary flames, but apparently a whole zerg can insta res at a contested spawn/teleport point in a keep.

There is no way to cap it since enemies keep spawning and spawning. Not sure, but they might have the invulnerability buff too.

Anyone else encountered this?

The amount of hack/exploits is WvW is staggering and is frustrating the hell out of honest players.

SFR Forum Warrior Academy

in WvW

Posted by: Jabtangs.9251

Jabtangs.9251

It’s not an exploit nor a hack. Honestly it’s just a stupid game mechanic built in.

edit: I take back what I said. It is abusing the flaw of the design of the game.

Jophiel Jabtangs – Mesmer
War Machine [WM] | Stormbluff Isle

in WvW

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

Not an exploit.

How its done:
Respawn in a keep/castle is restricted when the defense quest is up.

Defense quest is only up 98% of the time when keep is under attack, for a 2-5 second window after the defense quest expires, enemies can freely spawn into the objective.

How to utilize: Have a teammate in the objective call down the timer as it reaches 0. When it hit zero click the way point and it lets you spawn in.

Should arenanet fix it? Probably, but they should also fix orb protectors flagging keeps and a miriad of other things.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

(edited by Draygo.9473)

in WvW

Posted by: Grok.6714

Grok.6714

What game mechanic? I though you cannot teleport to a contested keep ( crossed swords )

Edit: ah, I see. That’s just farkin’ kitten #8230;

SFR Forum Warrior Academy

in WvW

Posted by: Jabtangs.9251

Jabtangs.9251

To add a little bit more of my opinion, ANet has better things to fix asap than this.
But yea, it needs to be fixed somehow.

Jophiel Jabtangs – Mesmer
War Machine [WM] | Stormbluff Isle

in WvW

Posted by: Kracin.6078

Kracin.6078

What game mechanic? I though you cannot teleport to a contested keep ( crossed swords )

Edit: ah, I see. That’s just farkin’ kitten ..

its not a bug, its not an exploit.

its just a bad design.

as someone stated before, what puts the waypoint into a contested state is when a door or wall is being hit on the keep (or the champion i believe is being hit).

if none of those things are being attacked, and the attack lasts long enough for the timer to run out, then the waypoint will be up.

aside from having to code tons and tons of checks in to try and make it so that a keep is contested if enemy players are fighting in it (which is dumb, because then kitten will ALWAYS be contested due to having a side send 1 player over constantly to make it contested easier than it is now), there isn’t much they can do except make everyone knowledgeable about how the system works.

so to be clear, if you dont want them to respawn at a point you are trying to take, you better find something that makes it contested, and attack it. otherwise, skirmishing inside does nothing to make a keep contested