New maps, improved maps, new gameplay

in WvW

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

When will we see any sort of meaningful improvement to the WvW gamemode?

It seems like it’s taking forever for the Anet development team just to implement the suggestions from the last CDI on how to improve the Stonemist battle and harmonize rewards between WvW and EotM.

Does Anet have a team making new content for WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Nanyetah Elohi.4852

Nanyetah Elohi.4852

One problem may be, the most successful teams in WvW don’t need more changes. (They have plenty of changes already.) It makes sense for ANet to give the most attention to the most active WvW players.

Another problem would be designing the maps based on how the best teams are playing WvW. Non-trivial work for what may be a smaller population of players.

ANet is probably more focused on getting new players into the game during the holidays than changing WvW.

For the Toast!

in WvW

Nanyetah Elohi.4852

how many ways can you get your kitten pounded into the mud at Golanta?

Depends, but I would think at least … 250

For the Toast!

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Yup a very dedicated team to remove the white swords on dec 16th and PPK on top of that. Will be refreshing and exciting!

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: madd.7183

madd.7183

Yup a very dedicated team to remove the white swords on dec 16th and PPK on top of that. Will be refreshing and exciting!

Baby steps , but steps none the less !

in WvW

Posted by: Thomas Runner.7516

Thomas Runner.7516

New game mode? New map for WvW?

Let’s face it guys it won’t happen ever!
Time to find something else to play!

Thx Anet!

in WvW

Posted by: Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054

Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054

Baby step for over 2 years?!

If you aint walking after 2 years then there is something wrong with ya!

The WvW Forum Poster Formerly Known As Omaris Mortuus Est

in WvW

Posted by: KINGRPG.3492

KINGRPG.3492

You can’t change the evil. Everyone like to fight as 100 vs 1. There’re one-two worlds always be the hunters, and another world always be the rabbit. It’s a marketing.

The most active WvW world rule all the wars. So long as Anet does not accept feedbacks from the players, it will not change.

Your hope it was just a dream.

Sorry for my beginner English / http://www.kingrpg.net My Blog

(edited by KINGRPG.3492)

in WvW

Nanyetah Elohi.4852

Active servers did not happen by accident. They happened by design, by talented players.

If you have no talent, don’t blame your opponents.

For the Toast!

in WvW

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

More like putting a bandaid on a knife wound after the patient has already lost 75% of their blood.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

More like putting a bandaid on a knife wound after the patient has already lost 75% of their blood.

Or like the time when you ask for another shot of tequila at the bar but all you get is a miserable small cup of water . Not sure if related.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in WvW

Posted by: Bubba.5209

Bubba.5209

Active servers did not happen by accident. They happened by design, by talented players.

Hmm, so Gandara has talent coz they got gifted with free transfer on season 2? Granting them easy win an enourmous influx of players? Nothing against Gandara, name its what matters less here, the point is that some servers got stronger coz of Anet bad calls. And ye, some servers got empty coz of that too, so, major imbalance…

Your argument might be true for some servers, just dont generalize it that much.

Bubba

Bubba Golliath
[WaCo] War Corporation
@ Gunnars Hold

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

confusing talent with population

a common mistake by those in t1

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in WvW

Posted by: Joey.2769

Joey.2769

confusing talent with population

a common mistake by those in t1

Not everyone in T1 thinks that way, trust me. Unfortunately,with population size we have a larger chance of morons too.

Commander X Swagalicious X
Commander Twerknificient
Joey Bladow

in WvW

Nanyetah Elohi.4852

Most of the success of Tarnished Coast in WvW during the last two years has been due to improved play and leadership. Guilds and players have transferred to TC because TC was already winning. People want to play on winning teams.

I’ve spent an awful lot of time in WvW during the last 18 months and have seen this happen.

For the Toast!

in WvW

Posted by: yanniell.1236

yanniell.1236

Coverage wins. Always. There’s no talent involved when it comes to ppt.

[HUE]

in WvW

Posted by: Joey.2769

Joey.2769

QFT

Commander X Swagalicious X
Commander Twerknificient
Joey Bladow

in WvW

Posted by: GOSU.9574

GOSU.9574

You want roaming? Less zergs? More solo? Facing different builds/opponents?

Sounds like PvP……..

Hey dude you are walking into a wall.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…

in WvW

Posted by: Hamster.4861

Hamster.4861

Sounds like PvP……..

m8, you face a far greater diversity of builds roaming in WvW than in S/TPvP where the meta rules all.

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Sounds like PvP……..

m8, you face a far greater diversity of builds roaming in WvW than in S/TPvP where the meta rules all.

Very true. I also like the randomness of other players joining in on skirmish. Far more dynamic fights in WvW rather than hyper-optimized sPvP builds.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

insanemaniac.2456

Most of the success of Tarnished Coast in WvW during the last two years has been due to improved play and leadership. Guilds and players have transferred to TC because TC was already winning. People want to play on winning teams.

I’ve spent an awful lot of time in WvW during the last 18 months and have seen this happen.

just keep #WINNING, its all that matters

in WvW

Nanyetah Elohi.4852

fights matter. What we want is fights. You can’t tell how well you are doing unless your opponents fight back. I want to totally stomp you. I want to prove I am better at this game than you are.

For the Toast!

in WvW

Nanyetah Elohi.4852

The population imbalance is a myth most of the time. Even on the high population servers, players and guilds drift in and out. There is massive downtime. What is working is players jumping in at the last minute, on demand. That is talent.

For the Toast!

in WvW

Nanyetah Elohi.4852

I hope our opponents start getting some of this stuff working.

For the Toast!

in WvW

Posted by: Usagi.4835

Usagi.4835

Except the ‘wins’ that have been happening over the last few months, at least since the last WvW Season ended, don’t really count since neither BG/JQ are actually putting any effort in. So it’s a moot point.

Not to discount the efforts/skill of anyone in particular, but population/coverage replaced skill as the determinant factor a long time ago.

Commander Chocolate Teapot | Prettier than you | Forum damsel in distress

in WvW

Nanyetah Elohi.4852

I don’t understand why you can’t tell whether you win a fight or not.

I jump into fights way outnumbered all the time. That’s one reason my server wins over all. I run flat out into the middle of their whole zerg to get into a tower, to jump on top of them with a field. I suicide with siege disablers. I think fast and run back.

For the Toast!

(edited by Nanyetah Elohi.4852)

in WvW

Nanyetah Elohi.4852

also plan ahead a little bit and find the main zerg commander in voice communications so I can shout out if needed. Your server do that?

For the Toast!

in WvW

insanemaniac.2456

The population imbalance is a myth most of the time. Even on the high population servers, players and guilds drift in and out. There is massive downtime. What is working is players jumping in at the last minute, on demand. That is talent.

there you go again confusing population for talent

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

This dude is the uberkingkong from TC… No point in trying to talk to him.

It will always end in “how TC is awesome and superior to everyone else” just like uberkingkong posts end on “because we are superior on JQ and blahblahblah”

These guys wouldn’t last 1 month on a lower tier server.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

insanemaniac.2456

This dude is the uberkingkong from TC… No point in trying to talk to him.

It will always end in “how TC is awesome and superior to everyone else” just like uberkingkong posts end on “because we are superior on JQ and blahblahblah”

These guys wouldn’t last 1 month on a lower tier server.

but omg he can zerg dive for dayz

in WvW

yanniell.1236

Whatever makes u feel good, bro.

[HUE]

in WvW

Posted by: SonOfJacob.7396

SonOfJacob.7396

It seems like it’s taking forever for the Anet development team just to implement the suggestions from the last CDI on how to improve the Stonemist battle and harmonize rewards between WvW and EotM.

Sounds like people are convinced nothing will happen. There are only two options to significantly change how fights/zerging works right now:

1) PPT alteration possibilities (use your imagination)

2) “Requirements” for logging into WvW (would require removing PvE elements)

Neither of them are likely – but they would certainly change things.

in WvW

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Sounds like people are convinced nothing will happen. There are only two options to significantly change how fights/zerging works right now:

1) PPT alteration possibilities (use your imagination)

2) “Requirements” for logging into WvW (would require removing PvE elements)

Neither of them are likely – but they would certainly change things.

All I want to know (and I’m not the only one) is if they are working on something like a new map (they already stated that they had no plans to improve the current maps in an interview, so there is little hope there unless they changed their mind). For over a year people have been asking for information on new content for WvW and every time our requests were answered by a complete silence. They get upset when someone post on the forum that there are no WvW developers, but where is the content if there really is a WvW dev team? All of us who invested heavily in gems deserve to know… at the very least “something”.

in WvW

Posted by: cathistar.5482

cathistar.5482

Anet has another map they could rotate into play! Remember before the ruins, all the water in the middle of the borderlands? Collecting pearls? Anyone? More players need to inquire why this map has never been put back into rotation? Putting it into rotation every now and then would help a little, while they are developing totally new maps. The question is, why has Anet not put it into rotation??

Catleana [Wolf] IOJ

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

Because they want to remove underwater PvP… Just like they removed raid on capricorn, they removed the big lake on borderlands and I’m pretty sure they have no intention of going back on it.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Nanyetah Elohi.4852

Not sure what you mean.

I play support ele on a teir 1 server. I pay very close attention to different commanders’ strategies. I have to predict seconds in advance where a commander will move to target effectively and time cool downs, and to stay alive as a light armor player. I can see how they are moving. I see screw ups and wins on our side and the other guys side. I can see one side overextend and the other take advantage. I can see the difference between facing a tightly organized guild group and facing a random blob of people who aren’t paying attention.

Maybe that kind of stuff isn’t obvious on your server.

For the Toast!

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

Sounds like PvP……..

Actually no, …it really doesn’t :x

Whispers with meat.

in WvW

insanemaniac.2456

Not sure what you mean.

I play support ele on a teir 1 server. I pay very close attention to different commanders’ strategies. I have to predict seconds in advance where a commander will move to target effectively and time cool downs, and to stay alive as a light armor player. I can see how they are moving. I see screw ups and wins on our side and the other guys side. I can see one side overextend and the other take advantage. I can see the difference between facing a tightly organized guild group and facing a random blob of people who aren’t paying attention.

this right here:

What is working is players jumping in at the last minute, on demand. That is talent.

that isnt talent. i dont know why you are calling it talent. it is pure population. you go call people from elsewhere to come.

as for your typical role, i understand it. ive played it. as an engi. the buttons are a little different, but the idea is the same. im just as squishy as you, especially with no stunbreak. however, ive thrown poison grenades that won fights, and recognized it. im confident in saying that commanders i have followed appreciate my presence in their groups, despite GWEN.

so maybe youre one talented person. whatever. but its amazing to me that you assume that every zerg on your server is just as talented as you, because theyre on your server. server pride is great and all, but there are bads everywhere. have you ever gone to solo a camp, had someone walk in and down you while you call it in map chat, and suddenly the sentry right next to you flips to your color? thats the kind of person right there that jq and bg are mocking every time they say “tc is so full of baddies idk how they stay in t1”. thats the kind of person you dread having near you, because they will get you killed through inaction, inattentiveness, noobishness, or worse. and they are everywhere and there are a lot of them and being able to call 20 of them by pure luck in la merely makes your server overstacked.

in WvW

Nanyetah Elohi.4852

this right here:

What is working is players jumping in at the last minute, on demand. That is talent.

that isnt talent. i dont know why you are calling it talent. it is pure population. you go call people from elsewhere to come…

Some accepted command structure has to decide where to send players. It is a combination of wvw guild strength (which takes talent to create), commander talent in working with a mixed zerg of players half of whom are not in voice command, individual responsibility of scouts to stay in communication, convey good information, and use good judgment.

When players show up and see that in action, see how much fun it is, they stay. When they show up and see none of that, they leave.

What’s so hard to understand about it?

Of course TC has all kinds of players, but the ones who are capable stand out.

For the Toast!

in WvW

Posted by: Daiboru.5792

Daiboru.5792

Every server has good, bad, and horrible players. TC is no different in that than JQ, or SoR, DH, etc.

Top Ele/Thief – ESL Hero
Scyllau
Daiboru

in WvW

Posted by: Xterra.6172

Xterra.6172

Not sure what you mean.

Literally everyone who is a good team comp player does this. It doesn’t matter which tier they’re in.

in WvW

Nanyetah Elohi.4852

Not sure what you mean.

Literally everyone who is a good team comp player does this. It doesn’t matter which tier they’re in.

I have seen people who just blow me away they are so good at this. I’m pretty good and getting better.

Commanders also draw out players’ best skills by taking time to tell the force what he expects to call for and when, in what order. It does make a difference. It’s not just numbers.

In general, I think TC is sort of shooting for being able to handle twice our number half the time and equal our number all the time. I have heard some people say 2x or even 2.5x our number as a goal, although that’s hard to imagine against JQ.

We think JQ outnumbered us by nearly double this week, but that’s ok : ) Good fights.

For the Toast!

in WvW

Posted by: Daiboru.5792

Daiboru.5792

TC does not normally win fights vs 2x numbers. The game just isn’t designed in that way. I can’t say you’ll lose, but if a zerg of 60 pushes into your 30, you kill 5, they keep pushing (You -will- be forced to move back and regroup vs double your numbers) they can simply just plow over to their recently dead bodies and res them without a threat of being wiped due to the AOE cap. And if you back off to regroup/choose to find another fight, that is probably you losing/forfeiting.

Equal footing is pretty much even for all T1 servers. Just some pugs are better, in general I’d consider JQ > TC = BG for pugs(open-field fighting wise), and TC = BG > JQ(Excluding TW) for guilds(fights wise).

TC is not some super amazing best of all server, it’s a t1 server, with good players, and bad ones- just like BG, JQ, or any other server. The only difference is coverage.

Top Ele/Thief – ESL Hero
Scyllau
Daiboru

in WvW

Nanyetah Elohi.4852

It would be good to test that theory. I believe playing against strong servers makes you a better player. That would mean the longer TC is in T1, they better they get.

Players are not interchangable NPCs. They learn and change over time.

I don’t agree it is just a matter of numbers. For one thing, one thing some guilds do for fun before reset is go to EotM and kill hundreds of players.

For the Toast!

in WvW

Posted by: pepper.6179

pepper.6179

It would be good to test that theory. I believe playing against strong servers makes you a better player. That would mean the longer TC is in T1, they better they get.

Players are not interchangable NPCs. They learn and change over time.

I don’t agree it is just a matter of numbers. For one thing, one thing some guilds do for fun before reset is go to EotM and kill hundreds of players.

wait, wut?

[SA]

in WvW

Nanyetah Elohi.4852

“The only difference is coverage.”

That theory.

The only difference between a T6 server and a T1 server is the number of players.

For the Toast!

in WvW

Nanyetah Elohi.4852

I guess this must be one reason people in the wvw forums keep insisting ANet find a way to equalize numbers of players on the servers. They believe the only difference between the tiers is the number of players, and that the number is something only ANet can control.

For the Toast!

in WvW

Posted by: Dasenthal.6520

Dasenthal.6520

The only difference between a T6 server and a T1 server is the number of players.

Yep, now you get it….

Seriously though, you guys can’t honestly come to us and say “we’re T1 because we’re better than you” because I guarantee T1 have statically just as many kitten players as everyone else (read: population wise a heck of a lot more). The only difference is that your kitten (read: bad) population is still big enough to form a zerg, while on my server T4 we’re lucky if we have a tag on any map outside of EB. (Tag meaning commander and enough people to need one: I.E. 5+) during the week.

“A conquered people will always resist you,
Edair. But allies-allies will fight by your side”~Cobiah Mariner

in WvW

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

It’s just a symptom of a larger problem.

Population isn’t the only difference between T1 and lower-tier servers either… the NA timezone guild groups are also a lot better on the lower tiers. Pugs are much the same everywhere.

in WvW

yanniell.1236

“The only difference is coverage.”

That theory.

It is. Put the same amount of players on the three sides, 24/7, and you’ll have close matches all the time.

[HUE]