Night Capping pass the Popcorn

in WvW

Posted by: Noob.5908

Noob.5908

Now before you flame me for posting this just keep in mind it’s a game played by people from all around the world.

Night Capping isn’t a problem period!

Can one person in a matchup log on at 2am cap all the maps because no one else is online and affect the score in a dramatic way? Answer: Yes

Trying to stop this is going to lead to losing WvW players in some fashion and that is the last thing WvW needs is losing more players.

Night capping isn’t the problem it’s the scoring system. I have seen people posting about this for awhile and usually ignore the thread because I think it’s silly to even consider Night Capping as a problem, and trying to prevent it is… insane, why would you purposely try to kill a game mode?

In less than 5 minutes I can think of one easy solution to the problem and I am sure if NcSoft/Anet put there thinking caps on they could come up with a solution for this without trying to kill the game, ie … run off or discourage players that play at night.

Simply change the scoring system so that the value of each tick is determine by how many enemy is currently on all the WvW maps. Basically if you are out-manned and have say 5 players online and the enemy has 20 and is night capping everything they would need to control 4 times more stuff than you for each of the teams ticks to equal.
Furthermore the tick value would be low and have overall less effect on the score as compared to prime time when tick values are high because of the higher enemy populations.

The single guy capping all the towers as described in the beginning of this post is basically not affecting the score at all because the ticks for his team is “0” because there is no enemy on the maps. Sure he still sets up his server for when people start logging in but the tick values still have less effect on the overall score until the enemy teams start getting more players on the map.

Maybe because I tend to be a mathematician this is easy for me to see but this works and doesn’t run players off in solving a problem with the scoring system.

In conclusion Night Capping isn’t a problem and never will be! Fix the scoring system and let people play during whatever time they want.

(edited by Noob.5908)

in WvW

Posted by: Entenkommando.5208

Entenkommando.5208

Nightcapping is a problem. Let me tell you a little story from the old days.

We are in EU t1 before the random match up patch. Every week would be between seafarers rest and Vizunah. Every week. Over and over and over and over and over again.

What happened was that every day of the week Vizunah would get up at 5am, ktrain every single map, upgrade everything to t3 and for the rest of the day they hide in their keeps behind one million arrow carts, never taking on a fight they don’t have to until you eventually managed to find a weak point because normal people finally came back from their real life and you get ques on every border. Now you slowly start to fight your way through all the keeps (because they never win fights unless having 20 ac or outnumbering you by more that 2v1…literally) and eventually you have a decent control of all maps until the late evening with everything nicely upgraded.
Then you have 5 hours of ppt in your side until their morning crew gets up and takes everything that is not their color.

Please explain me how a server almost entirely playing like this is supposed to be the number 1 (=“best”) server for several years? Clearly nothing is broken there….

R.I.P Kodasch Allianz [KoA]

All we wanted was a GvG.

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Nightcapping will always be a problem in the EU, period. Servers even get US guilds for the express purpose of taking off hours.

If you want an example, look at Desolation score curve since reset (note: rough times and score).
21:00 saturday (reset) – 60 ppt
03:00 – 400 ppt (followed by 570 ppt an hour later)
09:00 – 250 ppt
15:00 – 200 ppt
21:00 – 100 ppt
03:00 – 600 ppt
09:00 – 260 ppt

Do you honestly not see a pattern here? Night people often whine “oh but nightcappers should be worth as much as you prime time players boohoo” but kitten we have like 5% of the WvW population dictating victory or loss for the other 95% lazy daytime kitten s in a matchup.

Nightcapping is a thing and its effects should be reduced. This is a flaw in the PPT system.

in WvW

Posted by: Aezyr.5304

Aezyr.5304

Nightcapping is a problem. Let me tell you a little story from the old days.

We are in EU t1 before the random match up patch. Every week would be between seafarers rest and Vizunah. Every week. Over and over and over and over and over again.

What happened was that every day of the week Vizunah would get up at 5am, ktrain every single map, upgrade everything to t3 and for the rest of the day they hide in their keeps behind one million arrow carts, never taking on a fight they don’t have to until you eventually managed to find a weak point because normal people finally came back from their real life and you get ques on every border. Now you slowly start to fight your way through all the keeps (because they never win fights unless having 20 ac or outnumbering you by more that 2v1…literally) and eventually you have a decent control of all maps until the late evening with everything nicely upgraded.
Then you have 5 hours of ppt in your side until their morning crew gets up and takes everything that is not their color.

Please explain me how a server almost entirely playing like this is supposed to be the number 1 (=“best”) server for several years? Clearly nothing is broken there….

And german servers never hide behind their famous rivercarts….

@OP
I like the idea of a weighted ppt depending on how much map utilization.

What about splitting the actual week long match-up into 7 shorter match sprints with a reset at each ending? Since we don’t have to pay upgrades in gold it wouldn’d be a loss only the guild upgrades would cause some trouble.

in WvW

Noob.5908

It’s not the night capping that’s the problem it’s the scoring system. They can put as many ac’s in a structure as they want but if they don’t have the players to man them it’s pointless. Maybe I am not seeing the whole situation your trying to explain. But if your saying they capped everything then upgraded everything and and then still out number you but hide in towers with ac’s that doesn’t make sense. If they have the people to man all those ac’s then why don’t they just come out and kill you? I suspect they have a small core of players that work siege like a pro and with smaller numbers are defending rather well even after you guys start logging in for day with more players than them and your getting frustrated. I’ve been in cases like this and it takes better tactic’s to recap stuff held by players that are good players and also have good siege skills. In cases like this they can’t be everywhere at the same time, our server usually just splits up it’s forces and starts recapping the smaller objectives knowing they can’t be everywhere at the same time. Furthermore there have been times where things like a keep or a garri that even with 20 players taking say hills back from 5 good players with siege skills and can fight good also isn’t easy but with patience and tactics you can usually get the job done. That being said I have ran with commanders that when push comes to shove if they can’t take a structure easily they just go someone where else. You can’t solve every problem with code or game mechanics. Moreover it sounds to me your up against smaller numbers but t3 structure being defended by players with plenty of siege to work and with siege skills to boot. That’s not really a night capping issue, sure the scenario was setup by night capping but it’s a tactics problem on your sever and probably a dash of frustration having to deal with this day after day. If you are saying you have equal number of players as them when the new day starts but you can’t beat them because they hide behind t3 structures and have siege. That would be a terribly frustrating thing to deal with each day when you log in but that’s WvW not a night capping issue. Night capping generally means running up the score at night by capping all the maps which is a scoring system problem not a night capping problem. I would suggest capping the easy stuff, towers/camps etc and then working on keeps garri and if the scoring system was fixed, this time frame on your server wouldn’t have as big of affect on the score as say prime time when you have map ques and ticks count more as I described in my original post. It be nice in situations like this not to watch your lead tick away because of a poorly designed scoring system. If it were fixed as I described you could at least relax a bit and take your time and have some fun kicking them out of your keep/garri knowing that your lead in the score wasn’t getting stolen by a poor scoring system.

in WvW

Posted by: zinkz.7045

zinkz.7045

If you are saying you have equal number of players as them when the new day starts but you can’t beat them because they hide behind t3 structures and have siege. That would be a terribly frustrating thing to deal with each day when you log in but that’s WvW not a night capping issue.

Yes it is a “nightcapping” issue.

It is not simply about a server ticking for 500+ when basically no one else is playing, it is also that a server upgrades their objectives to T3, downgrades most opponents objectives to paper, whilst no one else is playing, which has a huge knock-on effect on the score for many hours after “nightcapping” has finished and populations are more even.

in WvW

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

Talking about EU which has mostly 3 timezone, 1 outnumbering everything else by far, no idea how this apply to NA where people around the world are more common.

If 5% of people (I guess it’s even much less) dominate the score 95% of people loose interest in score. If they loose interest in score, they lost interest in winning, which sooner or later means loosing interest in the game mode.

Thats what happen to WvW.

It surprised me that it took over 3 years, it happend to me after 1 year, but I think it was unavoidable and I warned about it 2 years ago. https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Nerf-the-domination-of-Coverage

But I wonder even more about the people PvDing all night long since years. Can this be really fun? Do you feel important? Great heros? Or do you loose fun as well now that no one takes scoring serious anymore and most left the game (-mode)?

Still people defend Night-Capping with the argument “your night is another persons day” which was never true in EU.

I do not understand it, the only thing that would bring me to playing at night would be a reduction of map-cappacity, such thaat I can find and fight enemies and not only doors.

Also I wonder about the hate EotM player and posts become. Yes, EotM fights doors quite often, but Night-player do it even more.

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

(edited by Dayra.7405)

in WvW

Posted by: Gideon Ravenor.5603

Gideon Ravenor.5603

Night capping is definitely a problem that needs to be solved. Modifying the tick depending on how many people are online would certainly help, although it would not fix all the problems. The benefit of changing the scoring system in this way is that it seems like a very easy thing to do and would not require a great deal of work on the behalf of Anet to implement.

in WvW

Noob.5908

Nightcapping will always be a problem in the EU, period. Servers even get US guilds for the express purpose of taking off hours.

If you want an example, look at Desolation score curve since reset (note: rough times and score).
21:00 saturday (reset) – 60 ppt
03:00 – 400 ppt (followed by 570 ppt an hour later)
09:00 – 250 ppt
15:00 – 200 ppt
21:00 – 100 ppt
03:00 – 600 ppt
09:00 – 260 ppt

Do you honestly not see a pattern here? Night people often whine “oh but nightcappers should be worth as much as you prime time players boohoo” but kitten we have like 5% of the WvW population dictating victory or loss for the other 95% lazy daytime kitten s in a matchup.

Nightcapping is a thing and its effects should be reduced. This is a flaw in the PPT system.

Again this isn’t a night capping issue its a scoring system that’s broken. It’s servers taking advantage of a broken scoring system and the focus to fix it should be the scoring system not on weird kitten like night buffs for structures or closing WvW down during off peak times or the other many things people suggest to make it harder to night cap. Night capping can’t be stopped without running off players, but you can fix the scoring system without running off players and make it less exploitable.

in WvW

Dayra.7405

Again this isn’t a night capping issue its a scoring system that’s broken.

In the meantime I would go further. The scoring system would be ok, what’s wrong is the
missing adaptation of map-capacity to players

If 1000 player at primetime get maps with objectives worth 695 points than 10 player should get a map with objectives worth 10 points. Problem solved, scoring would work well. But as they get the same maps 1000 player get, each of them scores 100 times as much as an primetime player.

(edited by Dayra.7405)

in WvW

Posted by: Buy Some Apples.6390

Buy Some Apples.6390

Anet likes it’s silly little test weeks.

I say for a few weeks get rid of PPT completely.
Only way to get points will be PPK.

Complained about WvW before it became cool.
I used to be a PvE player like you, then I played Guild Wars 2

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Again this isn’t a night capping issue its a scoring system that’s broken. It’s servers taking advantage of a broken scoring system and the focus to fix it should be the scoring system not on weird kitten like night buffs for structures or closing WvW down during off peak times or the other many things people suggest to make it harder to night cap. Night capping can’t be stopped without running off players, but you can fix the scoring system without running off players and make it less exploitable.

Well the root cause is the PPT system but nightcapping is still a very specific thing.

I am mostly in favor of balancing PPT based on total WvW population. Its fair and doesnt take into account night or day. Low population, lower PPT cap, simple as that.

Either that or closing (freezing) borders when the total WvW population cant even queue EB.

in WvW

Posted by: Entenkommando.5208

Entenkommando.5208

It doesn’t really have to do with this topic, but I think there should be enaugh mobs on the roads to kill unprotected dollyaks, forcing servers to guard them if they want upgrades.
This would be a useful kind of PvE on the maps.

R.I.P Kodasch Allianz [KoA]

All we wanted was a GvG.

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Simply change the scoring system so that the value of each tick is determine by how many enemy is currently on all the WvW maps. Basically if you are out-manned and have say 5 players online and the enemy has 20 and is night capping everything they would need to control 4 times more stuff than you for each of the teams ticks to equal.
Furthermore the tick value would be low and have overall less effect on the score as compared to prime time when tick values are high because of the higher enemy.

So get a lead, then have everyone quit for the week so no one can catch up? Have players yell at servermates because their presence on the map helps the other servers get more points?

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

Simply change the scoring system so that the value of each tick is determine by how many enemy is currently on all the WvW maps.

I like this.

It’s not without problems (people on second/free accounts planting characters on enemy servers to cause the tick to happen, for example), but those should be small beer compared with what we have now.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in WvW

Posted by: Serious.6940

Serious.6940

The US has far more time zones and tries to actively attract players from elsewhere in the world, even so night capping is an issue there, even if it isn’t as big an issue as in the EU.

Coupling EU with US servers and allowing players to ‘cross the atlantic’ free might help somewhat. A world channel might help too, you could call people specifically from your world to help in WvW.

It isn’t just the points system but the knock on effects. I have recently been on a border early, all of the keeps and towers had upgraded fully and a few defenders were able to keep us out all morning and most of the afternoon. When it looked like we might get in they called in their people from other borderlands.

in WvW

Noob.5908

Furthermore the tick value would be low and have overall less effect on the score as compared to prime time when tick values are high because of the higher enemy.

So get a lead, then have everyone quit for the week so no one can catch up? Have players yell at servermates because their presence on the map helps the other servers get more points?

Yes the downside of this is teams that get a sizable lead are much harder to catch. The problem is people will be trying to game the system no matter what it is. I imagine their have been some players try to stand on a rock with one foot in the air to see if they can get some sort of advantage from it. It’s sad but just they way the world works.

On topic tho, like I said I spent five minutes thinking about it to come up with the purposed fix to the scoring system. With proper thought and implementation this problem is solvable tho. Some safe guards may have to be implemented to prevent what you mentioned and I am sure there are other issues you and me both have missed.

Implementing some sort of tick adjustment for the team in third and second would probably need to be done just to keep people honest. ie.. second place teams tick value is multiplied by 1.2 if they are just a tad behind or 1.5 if they are far behind and third place would get 1.4 or 1.7 adjustments made to their tick. Obviously a zero tick value would not be possible with the problem you mentioned but certainly a low tick value when there are no enemy on map is doable especially if your team is in first place. I can hear servers that are use to winning all the time kittening about this but you can’t please everyone, which is better having a match where players take score seriously or don’t care because whatever they do isn’t going to matter. I imagine NcSoft/Anet’s solution to this will contain some sort of tick weight based on on map populations but will go a step further to handle the exact issue you mentioned and others not mentioned so far in this thread. The goal should be to keep match-ups as close as possible right to the end of the match. Scoring doesn’t have to be linear for the game to still be fun. Possible implementing a reverse tick penalty to the teams that are ahead of you would work better. People would still kitten especially if they got beat at the last minute by a team that they should have beaten due to tick weighting or reverse tick penalties. But if the mechanics are clearly spelled out on how it works the teams that are use to winning all the time will just have to work harder to maintain their winning status. Honestly it should have been like this from the beginning. No team should be able to be number one week after week after week. In another one of my post about “How to Fix WvW” I mentioned combining several servers into one massive team until the top team eventually loses. Servers would get use to this in time and would take pride in knowing it took 4-5 servers combining into one team to eventually beat them. Don’t confuse combining servers in the previous remark as suggesting the consolidation of servers. Specifically I am talking about fighting right along side with someone from another server because they have been allied with my server for that weeks match-up. This maintains server pride and friendships yet allows small servers to ally with other small servers to fight larger servers.

It’s all complicated stuff but once the code is written and tweaked we would have better match-ups, match-ups that change more frequently and a scoring system that actually worked.

In conclusion its about having match-ups they stay tight right up to the end and are interesting and not the same every week. The concept of a server always being number one should become a thing of the past and has no place in WvW. The concept of oh kitten we are allied with 3 other servers and fighting server X this week which is really good; becomes the norm. In the end the fights are fun, and it’s better for everyone and certainly better for the game.

(edited by Noob.5908)

in WvW

Noob.5908

The US has far more time zones and tries to actively attract players from elsewhere in the world, even so night capping is an issue there, even if it isn’t as big an issue as in the EU.

Coupling EU with US servers and allowing players to ‘cross the atlantic’ free might help somewhat. A world channel might help too, you could call people specifically from your world to help in WvW.

It isn’t just the points system but the knock on effects. I have recently been on a border early, all of the keeps and towers had upgraded fully and a few defenders were able to keep us out all morning and most of the afternoon. When it looked like we might get in they called in their people from other borderlands.

Hi Serious.6940, most of us have been in that very situation especially lately with the upgrade changes brought on by HoT. What your saying to me seems more like a population balance issue. Certainly tho the after effects of night capping and upgrading has long lasting effects well into the next day. But even the day time ticks wouldn’t carry as much weight on the score as the prime time ticks when maps are cued. So with a fix to scoring system at least your server wouldn’t get knocked way behind during these periods and can hopefully still manage to keep the match close right up to the end. Dealing with the effects of night capping is REAL, but I don’t view it as a problem it’s more of a population balance issue. Doesn’t change the fact tho that even with equal number of players recapping fully upgraded sieged structures is difficult at times. In my opinion this is more of a tactical play style thing in dealing with it. I would hope tho that the scoring system is changed so the score isn’t terribly affected during this time as to knock your server out of any chance to win the match. If this were a case were population balance was fixed and the scoring system fixed then you would not feel so rushed to recap your stuff because your so far behind score wise. It would create less incentive for them to upgrade everything and hold it because with so few people on the maps the tick value would be low enough that no one team would fall far behind because of this situation. The situation begs for an answer tho… we have equal numbers as the enemy but they own all our crap and have it totally upgraded and sieged wtf do we do? All I can say is you do it in baby steps and yes it may take awhile to recap your stuff especially if there is only 4-5 of you against 4-5 enemy hiding in fully upgraded sieged structures. If you use the NPC’s and siege yourself you should be able to recap your stuff. The keeps are much more of a problem in situations like this because Anet has beefed up the lords which was really a bad idea but not much you can do but try and deal with it.

In conclusion this type of situation can’t be prevented totally and the most we can hope for is a fair scoring system so our server still has a chance to win the match. There are many tactics to dealing with this type of situation and I would would try them all till I hit upon one that works.

in WvW

Posted by: misterman.1530

misterman.1530

I’ve suggested this once before, will try again.

Increase the strength (HPs?) of walls, gates, and NPCs (including Lords) and increase the amount of supply required to both build siege and upgrade towers/keeps based on the percentage difference between the number of players from the home server vs the “visiting” server. This would not happen on EB, just the individual BLs.

So, if there are 20 “visitors” attacking an enemy BL and 5 defending:

100%-5/20 = 75% – so all walls/gates/NPCs have 75% more health. Siege costs 75% more. Tough, I know. But too bad. Don’t be living in a timezone 12 hours away from the server’s actual timezone.

in WvW

Posted by: danielrazor.6041

danielrazor.6041

but what i don’t understand is why does everyone have to revolve round your schedule @EntenKommando ?

[SALT] The Salty Pickles
Leia Ravenpaw – Dragonhunter
Daniel Ravenpaw – Daredevil

in WvW

Posted by: SoPP.7034

SoPP.7034

I want to know why these night capping geniuses didn’t support us when we were trying to get Ocx/SEA servers.

A warrior, a guardian, and an elementalist walk into an open field…
The Warrior turns to the guardian and says, “Did you hear something?”
Guardian replies, “No, but how’d the elementalist die?”

in WvW

Posted by: BlueBoy.1236

BlueBoy.1236

In the meantime I would go further. The scoring system would be ok, what’s wrong is the

If 1000 player at primetime get maps with objectives worth 695 points than 10 player should get a map with objectives worth 10 points. Problem solved, scoring would work well. But as they get the same maps 1000 player get, each of them scores 100 times as much as an primetime player.

So if my server is losing the fight during the primetime, we can just log out of wvw and let them take that 10points tick. Take a rest, then relog during off time, flip everything, put a few ppl in each map, and have that 500points tick (since we only have few ppl in the map).

So kittening genius /s. You might as well tell ppl to quit wvw all together

in WvW

Posted by: Gideon.6742

Gideon.6742

Lets talk about morning cap…

in WvW

Posted by: Norbe.7630

Norbe.7630

In less than 5 minutes I can think of one easy solution to the problem

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/World-vs-World-Holiday-Sneak-Peek/page/11

ctrl-f “redundant factor”

Duterte Death Squad [DDS]
Gate of Madness

in WvW

Dayra.7405

So if my server is losing the fight during the primetime, we can just log out of wvw and let them take that 10points tick. Take a rest, then relog during off time, flip everything, put a few ppl in each map, and have that 500points tick (since we only have few ppl in the map).

If you loose prime-time, and not login in off-time, you loose. If you do it by 10 or by 500 who cares. So where is your trick?

Anyhow, demand driven map-capacity can be determined manipulation-save by e.g. averaging over several weeks and/or teams.

So kittening genius /s. You might as well tell ppl to quit wvw all together

I don’t have to tell that to anyone, they are already gone.

in WvW

Dayra.7405

Lets talk about morning cap…

It’s all the same, that’s why I prefer the term off-time-capping.

in WvW

Posted by: Jai.3058

Jai.3058

Ive been a loyal WvWer since there was WvW. Im an aussie, for you NA’ers, your night time is my day time. So all these people saying “night cap this, night cap that”. Please do think about other people than yourself.

OCX/SEA/Maybe even EU all wont stand for this. So expect atleast a quarter of the total population gone, in WvW. AND WE DONT NEED THAT!!!!! WvW is already on its last legs, its never been cared about, and HoT about did it for lots of people, night capping is a stupid idea, just because the other server has more players than you at that timezone isnt fair for them just because NA isnt doing it all.

Its not all about NA, unless they make SEA/OCX servers you can deal with it.

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

Most use the term “night cap” as off-hour cap. Off-hour being when fewer people are playing.

Many that care about the score think off-hour players (when there are less players) count proportionally more to the score than when the majority plays.

It would have made sense to have OCX / sea server clusters from the start, but alas they were not created (and too late now).

Note: just pointing this out – I could care less anymore…

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

in WvW

Posted by: Lexander.4579

Lexander.4579

people who cap at night/morning still have to sleep at some point of the day so stop making up kittenty excuses and finally accept that its just a strategy

Alex Shadowdagger – Thief – Blacktide

in WvW

Dayra.7405

people who cap at night/morning still have to sleep at some point of the day so stop making up kittenty excuses and finally accept that its just a strategy

As you can see in the current state of WvW not many like games where the only relevant strategy is to fight doors when the others are sleeping.

(edited by Dayra.7405)

in WvW

Posted by: Shilajit.9023

Shilajit.9023

there are no night capping it’s all strategy.
your sleep time is others playtime nothing wrong with that.
just because this & that happen you blame night capping,

“What happened was that every day of the week Vizunah would get up at 5am, ktrain every single map, upgrade everything to t3 and for the rest of the day they hide in their keeps behind one million arrow carts, never taking on a fight they don’t have to until you eventually managed to find a weak point because normal people finally came back from their real life and you get ques on every border.”

^ this is strategy , they are dedicated to gain points , is there a any wrong with that?
I don’t get why the prime time players feel superior to the player from other time zone?

just because you are a “normal people with real life” doesn’t mean others can’t have fun in their own time.
“normal people with real life” doesn’t mean kitten in a game time..
simple solution git good at night or recruit more player from other time zone so they can hold off points…

Selling salts to the Salty people.
Only Gankdara Ele

(edited by Shilajit.9023)

in WvW

Dayra.7405

there are no night capping it’s all strategy.

After we enjoyed this imba-strategy for 3.5years it’s time to nerf it, such that other more interesting strategies can become relevant as well.

(edited by Dayra.7405)

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

One good idea would be close wvw when there isn’t enough players. If some people can’t play it doesn’t matter because it pointless play in empty maps anyways.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

It doesn’t really have to do with this topic, but I think there should be enaugh mobs on the roads to kill unprotected dollyaks, forcing servers to guard them if they want upgrades.
This would be a useful kind of PvE on the maps.

On EB every second pair of unprotected dolyaks coming from golanta will die.
I once came to that camp, someone ran away from the camp, came past a yak that was just being killed off and wrote “ordered fat yaks golanta” – good job! Those coming from other camps on EB are also n danger but Gol is the worst. So: we already have that and had for the past 3 years. (People still didn’t care though – so please no more PvE).

in WvW

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

Wouldn’t Americans and EU hate it if OCX was the only valid time zone though?

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in WvW

Dayra.7405

Wouldn’t Americans and EU hate it if OCX was the only valid time zone though?

Looks like you got this wrong, we don’t want to have a single valid time-zone, we want to stop the domination of times with few players.

in WvW

Dayra.7405

One good idea would be close wvw when there isn’t enough players. If some people can’t play it doesn’t matter because it pointless play in empty maps anyways.

No, no that would be mean, it could force them into EotM where they may meet enemies and be forced to fight player and not only doors.

in WvW

Posted by: LordThroat.7890

LordThroat.7890

If you dislike other players destroying their body clocks for score in a game then destroy your own in turn and counter them.

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

night capping is not a problem in t1

so come on down and move out of t2 to t8 and have some fun

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in WvW

Shilajit.9023

If you dislike other players destroying their body clocks for score in a game then destroy your own in turn and counter them.

^^ so mush of this.. +1 for you

Only Gankdara Ele

in WvW

Dayra.7405

night capping is not a problem in t1

so come on down and move out of t2 to t8 and have some fun

I guess you mean NA-T1, it is (and always was) a problem in EU-T1.

I would be day- and night-force in NA, yes, if all EU prime-time player would now come to NA, you would get a serious problem (I can see the headlines JQ pushed out of T1 for the first time in history, JQ loosing in T2, JQ down to silver, JQ collapsed and took the red lamp from ET) as JQ is full and wouldn’t get any of them

Just remember the effect of a single NA-guild moving to an EU-server and away in 2012:
(http://mos.millenium.org/servers/history/12)

Attachments:

(edited by Dayra.7405)

in WvW

Dayra.7405

^^ so mush of this.. +1 for you

I would like more:
If you dislike other players destroying your hard worked score by destroying their body clocks, come to the European Expedition Force, make an F2P-account on YB and teach NA-T1 what night-capping can do, without destroying your own body clock

PS: I know, if I would mean this serious, I should post it in https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/community/lookingfor

(edited by Dayra.7405)

in WvW

Shilajit.9023

Just remember the effect of a single NA-guild moving to an EU-server and away in 2012:

point still stands you just want advantages all the time.
if moving 1 guild makes a server drop in tier means the server isn’t strong enough they need to work harder following same rule as everyone, anybody shouldn’t get special treatment because of different timezone , pretty simple if you ask me.

Only Gankdara Ele

in WvW

Posted by: UmbraNoctis.1907

UmbraNoctis.1907

Since the dolyak speed increase last week, they don’t get killed by mobs anymore, because they just outrun them.

in WvW

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

Since the dolyak speed increase last week, they don’t get killed by mobs anymore, because they just outrun them.

Ja, I thought of that as well – haven’t spend too much time in wvw lately so I didn’t observe what the speed change brought. So yes, it might be that no one needs to escort dollies anymore.
Here comes an idea (anet will like it) : Dolly Traps for badges and silver to slow them down.

Translation for NA players: Dolly/Dollies = yaks.

in WvW

Dayra.7405

if moving 1 guild makes a server drop in tier means the server isn’t strong enough they need to work harder following same rule as everyone, anybody shouldn’t get special treatment because of different timezone , pretty simple if you ask me.

The point I liked to make was, that 1 night-guild let a server climb from EU-11 to EU-1, rather then that the server collapsed when the guild left.

(edited by Dayra.7405)

in WvW

Posted by: donkey.1653

donkey.1653

This is made up by servers with poor coverage. If we have to get rid of so called night capping what about morning capping and day capping? People mostly play for a small part of their day because of school or work so it just doesn’t work to say that is an issue.

If you feel like it is an issue on your server, start recruiting for your server fir the problem timezone. The problem is simple, bad coverage. Until anet creates single servers for all timezones then it will happen.
It’s great to check-in to the status of your world when you can’t play and see it holding its own.

(edited by donkey.1653)

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

The point I liked to make was, that 1 night-guild let a server climb from EU-11 to EU-1, rather then that the server collapsed when the guild left.

I call Bull Kitten on this! One guild of what, 500? Did the Guild have coverage for 20 hours a day? No World deserves to win if you they lose 20 hours out of the day. You have to win for the majority of the 24 hour period each day. It’s a 24/7 game mode.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in WvW

Dayra.7405

I call Bull Kitten on this! One guild of what, 500?

You never needed more than 50 people to rule EU-night.
Today you need maybe 20 to have +500PPT or +10k per night (0:00-5:00 UTC).

(edited by Dayra.7405)

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

I call Bull Kitten on this! One guild of what, 500?

You never needed more than 50 people to rule EU-night.
Today you need maybe 20 to have +500PPT or +10k per night (0:00-5:00 UTC).

As I said in another thread, if you can’t muster a defense against 20 players, then you deserve to lose. It’s a 24/7 game mode and it’s been a 24/7 game mode since launch. If all you do is play for 3-4 hours and have no coverage the other 20-21 hours, then you absolutely deserve to lose.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

(edited by DeWolfe.2174)