Night time wvw......

Night time wvw......

in WvW

Posted by: Magnuzone.8395

Magnuzone.8395

It have been 3 years…….Some of the top servers are literally dyeing to ours (far shiverpeaks) in wvw, they can not play us at all in prime time, we capture keeps in prime time like it was towers, but they have collected a good amount of people to play in night time and just attack the door, it is not WvW but just a way to win because others not even in the actual game playing…….This game have had this problem for 3 years………

EU got 3 hour time difference in time zones and NA got 3-4 hours aswell (surprice surprice….thats why LFG is empty at night, and the maps are aswell in a cross server platform).

This should not be hard to handle, decrease the points gathered not around 12:00-24:00 in the average time………..Can not in anyway destroy the game by doing this, it is quiet a huge problem, specially when servers not good enough to even be on a map at all in the prime time even are able to reach high tiers.

Please share your idea, do you believe this is bad, that winning based on others not even in the game/sleeping is good/bad, or is there something I have missed, is there actually more behind it than abusing the fact that your opponent is not even there, or am I wrong in time zones, I did check google and made sure, but idk……..Either way, I would like to know more about it

Sure night capping has been a problem for many servers since launch. But the real problem is that you are facing servers that doesn’t want to fight. They just want to cap. So they will do anything to avoid you unless they heavily outnumber you or can double team you.

They are only there for the tick while you want fun and exciting fights. It’s two different ways of playing WvW. FSP have always lacked night time players.

Night time wvw......

in WvW

Posted by: grifflyman.8102

grifflyman.8102

Would be interesting to see if the people who are advocates of night time populations are on high night time pop servers.

There’s a valid argument for both sides though.

Night time wvw......

in WvW

Posted by: grifflyman.8102

grifflyman.8102

I agree with Link.You simply can’t penalize one time zone over another.Your server has to recruit people from other time zones to fill the "over night " population out .But their will be an inherent problem their as well because people of certain languages will flock to one server over another because it’s easier to coordinate battles.This is a multicultural game because its world wide and that makes it awesome .I’ve played with people all over Asia to North America and everywhere in between.But if you change the point system that puts penalties because of where lower populations live then we’ll lose the vibrate nature of the game because those people would just quit .That would be the real crime.

Recruiting never lasts and it’s a terrible solution to the problem.

Transfers are one of the main reasons WvW is in a such a terrible state right now, over the years it’s created a terrible population problem and it’s left many servers desolated.

Players who want to experience WvW the way it’s meant to be played, with plenty of fights and coverage are forced to transfer to a tier 1 server, where most top guilds play right now.

Recruiting players is also time consuming and there’s no in game function or mechanic that allows it to happen, forcing playerst run campaigns and raise transfer funds themselves.

It’s an absolute joke that they allowed open transfers weeks before the last WvW season, and it’s an absolute joke it’s the only way to “fix” coverage issues.

It’s not a salution.

Night time wvw......

in WvW

Posted by: Ansau.7326

Ansau.7326

Hate to repeat myself, so I will just copy/paste my previous comment-

“As I said…….The personal reward gained is the same, there will be no altering in personal reward in anyway, the only thing that will be changed is the reward gained at night which only makes sense since the majority of the players are not even there…………………..
unless if you are selfish and want to win based on the idea that players are not even in the game?
Like it does not even make sense at all, how can it in anyway be selfish to make it fair based on when people are playing a game specially when time they are playing is more or less the same,
This arguement is so flawed all around, and clearly a way to hide a secret agenda……here let me show you how it is flawed in everyway.
-You can turn it around and ask if night time players are better than day time
-You can explain that the servers have a max of 3-4 hours time zone
-You can explain that servers do and have only been able to even be in top tier because of this abuse of system in WvW which is a major part of the game and therefor shady…
-You can explain that the point system does not affect personal reward in anyway, but the server in total and therefor having a night time based on time in the different regions should not only be acceptable but also should be expected……specially when it is such a huge part of the game, like a majority of the players watch it on twitch when WvW is on, even more than E-Sports
-Oooooor we can remove the BS and just say that a majority of the servers do not even know how to fight and rely completely on other players not even being there, and therefor have this ridiculous answer as a agenda to hide the fact that they would not reach any high tier in a normal fight?
I hate to repeat myself, but is there something I have missed, beside the idea of some one should be less worth because points that isnt even directed towards them?”

First, you keep focusing this as a personal reward issue. And here you fail again. Most people playing WvW play for the general-server reward. Public commanders put the tag to gather all people in maps and try to do something worth. Roamers take camps and towers to help the server.
You’re wrong if you think nightcappers are running all maps to obtain gold, items or WvW levels.

But more important, you still don’t acknowledge what means a 24 hours competition. I’ll give you an example.
A football match lasts for 90 minutes, and a goal done in the first minutes is worth the same than a goal scored in the minute 64.
If you plan to modify the value of the scored gained in WvW depending on when it is obtained, then you’re destroying the 24 hour competition fact.
It is clear your problem is not with nightcappers, but the fact that WvW is a 24 hour competition.

- Player individual skill doesn’t matter in WvW. It does in PvP, duels, GvG, or hardcore pve raids, but when we’re talking about WvW as a server battle, then it doesn’t.
Things like coverage capacity, organization, motivation, having good commanders, dedication in tiring tasks… are what decides who’s the winner.

- If a server has only 3-4 hours of coverage, then it’s his problem. If a lot servers have that kind of problem, then it becomes a population imbalance issue, something well known and a thing not related to nightcappers, neither any of your complaints.
If your intention was to point to that direction, then you haven’t explained yourself well.

- Well, servers that have been on top have been there because they had more coverage than the other servers. It seems you’re the one failing to understand how WvW works, and try to point it as an unfair way, when it is the supposed way to be.

- In fact, that’s one of the beauties of WvW. The unpredictability of a 24 hour matchup, where you don’t control the opponents forces. You can find yourself in a hurry because the enemy server did a alarm clock and started to play at 6am when you were sleeping. Then your server has to counter that.
Do you find it unfair or boring? Well, sorry but we all can assume WvW is not for you.

how can it in anyway be selfish to make it fair based on when people are playing a game specially when time they are playing is more or less the same

This sentence doesn’t make sense at all. First it is wrongly structured. But also, it is based without the basic fact of WvW, being a 24 hour competition.
Servers are faced for 168 hours. It’s a matchup that lasts that long. Not having players for hours is your problem (or a problem of your server).
Your reasoning is dull. Takinga gain the footbal example, it’s like if the football manager of a football team called BLACK was whining the WHITE team that it shouldn’t win because some of the players of team BLACK felt tired and retired at half match. It’s his problem if his team is playing with only 8 players.

As a spanish player and a player of pretty much the most historically nightcapper server in EU, Baruch Bay, I can say any change to diminish the score gained in a specific timezone only hurts all population, making WvW unsatisfying and worthless for a lot of people, and cheesy and dull for the rest, putting those in the false presumption they win because they are better, when the reality is they win because the system is corrupted to make them win.

Ansau – Sylvari Mesmer – Exiled Warriors [wE] – Gandara

i7 5775c @ 4.1GHz – 12GB RAM @ 2400MHz – RX 480 @ 1390/2140MHz

Night time wvw......

in WvW

Posted by: StormageddonBK.9842

StormageddonBK.9842

It would be neccesary a full rework of scoring system to avoid that.

Thank you, that is a real answer without any hidden agenda. I can understand this, it will take quiet a while

So the other guys that posted have a hidden agenda? Please explain.

Night time wvw......

in WvW

Posted by: zengara.8301

zengara.8301

I did read your post.
You said WvW isn’t PvP then you said it is (“Well, the “idea” is ok,” is what you wrote) and then you said the two game mode can’t be compared.
It’s at this point that you and I will have to agree to disagree because as far as I know sPvP is also Player vs Player (although Anet snuck some PvE mobs into Stronghold just like they put PvE stuff in WvW). There are differences in scale and a few minor rules but essentially WvW is a long time scale higher population PvP match.

All this is really an aside to the fact that your original post complained about it being unfair that other players should actually be doing something constructive for their server while you are not playing. As a concept this idea is wrong – as wrong as it would be if they complained about you capping stuff while they sleep. WvW has always had this population-time imbalance and it’s something we live and play with. As players we get used to it, like we get used to the fact that sometimes we get beaten in fights. You don’t have to like it, but it is part of the game as things are and our choice is simple – play or don’t play. I suspect this is another area where you and I will have to agree to disagree.

Well first part of your post is simply bs, this time you did actually simply jump over the fact that I did write Player with computer vs other players….
lol
Pretty messed up to deliberately jump over that part, like literally jump over it, here it is

“Well, the “idea” is ok, if it was not SPvP, and the fact alone that the other team depends and rely on that 1 player AFK, which no other pvp game does, and the time….It actually does not resemble PvP at all, the only thing that is the same is you have a computer and have to defeat other players with computers, everything else is different, from towers, backline, frontline(WvW)”

Even point system works differently, from stomp instead of kills…..idk how much you know, leveling, gear, how you fight etc…..
I will put up things you shouldnt have written…..

-So far……Your idea what definition is, is plain and completely wrong.
-Your idea that SPvP should resemble SPvP is not accepted by people from this chat nor A-Net from the page you sent, just stop it there, your opinion is simply incorect if the creators of the game thinks otherwise. And you should never compare anything to anything……..ever, since WvW is the definition of being a place where it is not being SPvP

But the idea that population around the clock, I accept that, it have been said before you and you probably read over and over that I get it.

(edited by zengara.8301)

Night time wvw......

in WvW

zengara.8301

Everything else I have either answered previously to, or is just there to make it clear the it is a mean to having population around the clock which I already accepted by Link

I have a different idea what it really should be about, but I do not deny the fact that the gameplay is simply to have people on 24/7

Night time wvw......

in WvW

zengara.8301

Thank you, that is a real answer without any hidden agenda. I can understand this, it will take quiet a while

So the other guys that posted have a hidden agenda? Please explain.

Well the hidden agenda is putting bs infront of the real perpuse……as for example, the diea that my time should be worth more
while I can easely reflected by:
-You can explain that servers do and have only been able to even be in top tier because of this abuse of system in WvW which is a major part of the game and therefor shady…
-You can explain that the point system does not affect personal reward in anyway, but the server in total and therefor having a night time based on time in the different regions should not only be acceptable but also should be expected……specially when it is such a huge part of the game, like a majority of the players watch it on twitch when WvW is on, even more than E-Sports

The only fact in this so far that have made any sense, and can not be easely reflected and do have a strong perpuse, is that it is based on having a strong population around the clock……..Everything else seems like BS that you can argue with others for a long period of time, just to end up with “I think” and “you think wrong” instead of actual improvement of the game

Night time wvw......

in WvW

zengara.8301

Hate to repeat myself, so I will just copy/paste my previous comment-

“As I said…….The personal reward gained is the same, there will be no altering in personal reward in anyway, the only thing that will be changed is the reward gained at night which only makes sense since the majority of the players are not even there…………………..
unless if you are selfish and want to win based on the idea that players are not even in the game?
Like it does not even make sense at all, how can it in anyway be selfish to make it fair based on when people are playing a game specially when time they are playing is more or less the same,
This arguement is so flawed all around, and clearly a way to hide a secret agenda……here let me show you how it is flawed in everyway.
-Oooooor we can remove the BS and just say that a majority of the servers do not even know how to fight and rely completely on other players not even being there, and therefor have this ridiculous answer as a agenda to hide the fact that they would not reach any high tier in a normal fight?
I hate to repeat myself, but is there something I have missed, beside the idea of some one should be less worth because points that isnt even directed towards them?”

First, you keep focusing this as a personal reward issue. And here you fail again. Most people playing WvW play for the general-server reward. Public commanders put the tag to gather all people in maps and try to do something worth. Roamers take camps and towers to help the server.
You’re wrong if you think nightcappers are running all maps to obtain gold, items or WvW levels.

But more important, you still don’t acknowledge what means a 24 hours competition. I’ll give you an example.
A football match lasts for 90 minutes, and a goal done in the first minutes is worth the same than a goal scored in the minute 64.
If you plan to modify the value of the scored gained in WvW depending on when it is obtained, then you’re destroying the 24 hour competition fact.
It is clear your problem is not with nightcappers, but the fact that WvW is a 24 hour competition.

- Player individual skill doesn’t matter in WvW. It does in PvP, duels, GvG, or hardcore pve raids, but when we’re talking about WvW as a server battle, then it doesn’t.
Things like coverage capacity, organization, motivation, having good commanders, dedication in tiring tasks… are what decides who’s the winner.

- If a server has only 3-4 hours of coverage, then it’s his problem. If a lot servers have that kind of problem, then it becomes a population imbalance issue, something well known and a thing not related to nightcappers, neither any of your complaints.
If your intention was to point to that direction, then you haven’t explained yourself well.

- Well, servers that have been on top have been there because they had more coverage than the other servers. It seems you’re the one failing to understand how WvW works, and try to point it as an unfair way, when it is the supposed way to be.

- In fact, that’s one of the beauties of WvW. The unpredictability of a 24 hour matchup, where you don’t control the opponents forces. You can find yourself in a hurry because the enemy server did a alarm clock and started to play at 6am when you were sleeping. Then your server has to counter that.
Do you find it unfair or boring? Well, sorry but we all can assume WvW is not for you.

how can it in anyway be selfish to make it fair based on when people are playing a game specially when time they are playing is more or less the same

This sentence doesn’t make sense at all. First it is wrongly structured. But also, it is based without the basic fact of WvW, being a 24 hour competition.
Servers are faced for 168 hours. It’s a matchup that lasts that long. Not having players for hours is your problem (or a problem of your server).
Your reasoning is dull. Takinga gain the footbal example, it’s like if the football manager of a football team called BLACK was whining the WHITE team that it shouldn’t win because some of the players of team BLACK felt tired and retired at half match. It’s his problem if his team is playing with only 8 players.

As a spanish player and a player of pretty much the most historically nightcapper server in EU, Baruch Bay, I can say any change to diminish the score gained in a specific timezone only hurts all population, making WvW unsatisfying and worthless for a lot of people, and cheesy and dull for the rest, putting those in the false presumption they win because they are better, when the reality is they win because the system is corrupted to make them win.

Good Job, you know how to put a player down by taking a very old post that I also asked “Did I miss something?” and then you took an arguement made by Link in page 1 that I have repeatedly accepted and said yes to…….the idea that it is about population around the clock, I have said it is over and over….

Then you starting comparing, bad move to compare……..If you do have to compare, at least compare 2 things that is actually the same in everyway and got exactly the same structure since you need to use “Than” or “as” to compare these parts.
Like I wont degrade your whole post since you do return to the 24/7 population “which again have been explained, like a million times, by a lot of people, and I have accpeted that fact”
But saying something like, that the player choose to leave a game….really? how often does that happen?

-If you have to compare it, then at least compare it as that a majority of the people leave, and it is a 24/7 game, that the other team is relyieng and can only win based on that fact since they normaly are bad, that this team that are bad also buys a lot players to play at night, that the players somehow ignore the fighting in everyway………………….

As I told Yuffi, please never compare……ever. If you have to, AT LEAST compare it to something that is true in the most important parts……..Saying that the 1 player is leaving, is like saying that person got a choice, and you also make it sound like that player is getting money by playing football, which makes it even harder to believe…….Sorry just stop….

And the individual player does not matter? You have not played GvG have you? The individual player does matter a great deal, that is why commander explains to learn your rotation or that even when same amount of numbers other players still get stomped…….You can even go as far as to arguement that the single player is very important in a full on fight, since if just 5 is simply straight out bad and insta die it will be 45v50
which you probably can guess, a part can demolish other party with stability, aoe, buff etc

And as I have written like 3 times on the reply already.
I accept the fact that the game is about having a population around the clock,

My previous assumption is that the strongest server should win, based on the fact of real life that you do have to sleep, and these regions only have a 3 hours time difference, so it have to based on recruiting from other regions.
I do not agree that it should be about it, but I do accept it

Night time wvw......

in WvW

Ansau.7326

All my ideas, quotes and arguments are based on what you have answered to my posts. I’m not looking at old posts or quoting things not related. You say A, I say B. Don’t try to invent argument B comes from the idea Z you posted in the page 999 where you were referring to the argument Y that did player C…

Then you still keep doing the same mistakes.
- People don’t play at nights because they’re worse or because they’re afraid of fights. PEOPLE PLAY WHENEVER THEY WANT OR THEY CAN.
I can tell you Baruch has such strong nighcapping because cultural reasons. It’s the way spaniards are. We go to sleep much later than other europeans. So stop making the false presumption people play at night because they’re bad. How utterly ridiculous…

- WvW is a 24 hour competition. After so many posts and even you saying it, you still don’t realise what’s the meaning of a 24 hour competition and what implications it has. Don’t you realise talking about sleeping times in a 24 hour competition makes no sense?

And, taking your last paragraph, I sleep from 1-2am until 8-9am. I play mostly from 10pm until I go to sleep.
There’s not a single solid argument that stands you taking a tower in the afternoon should be more valid than me at that time.

About personal reward, you didn’t read what I said. You talk about gvg, and that’s what I’ve said…
Personal reward doesn’t matter when WvW can involve hundreds of people over 7 days. Have you been in a top server in it’s glorious days? Do you know the insanity of a reunion of 250 people deciding democratically a server decision?
Have you ever been in a server that has two public tags with +50 people in each one, plus 6-8 guilds each one running numbers of 15-25?
Where’s the importance of personal reward in these situations? Because this is WvW.

PD: Anything can be compared, and are good if you understand what it is comparing. You can and cannot compare a human and a dog. Both are animals, so they share basic needs. Dogs cannot think, so they cannot be compared.
Don’t tell anyone his argument is not valid if you don’t understand it.

(edited by Ansau.7326)

Night time wvw......

in WvW

Posted by: RedBaron.6058

RedBaron.6058

It have been 3 years…….Some of the top servers are literally dyeing to ours (far shiverpeaks) in wvw, they can not play us at all in prime time, we capture keeps in prime time like it was towers, but they have collected a good amount of people to play in night time and just attack the door, it is not WvW but just a way to win because others not even in the actual game playing…….This game have had this problem for 3 years………

EU got 3 hour time difference in time zones and NA got 3-4 hours aswell (surprice surprice….thats why LFG is empty at night, and the maps are aswell in a cross server platform).

This should not be hard to handle, decrease the points gathered not around 12:00-24:00 in the average time………..Can not in anyway destroy the game by doing this, it is quiet a huge problem, specially when servers not good enough to even be on a map at all in the prime time even are able to reach high tiers.

Please share your idea, do you believe this is bad, that winning based on others not even in the game/sleeping is good/bad, or is there something I have missed, is there actually more behind it than abusing the fact that your opponent is not even there, or am I wrong in time zones, I did check google and made sure, but idk……..Either way, I would like to know more about it

If you can not make war 24/7 then you deserve to lose.

“Blackadder: If you want something done properly, kill Baldrick before you start.”

Night time wvw......

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

PD: Anything can be compared, and are good if you understand what it is comparing. You can and cannot compare a human and a dog. Both are animals, so they share basic needs. Dogs cannot think, so they cannot be compared.

I would say with fairly good confidence that dogs can think.

Night time wvw......

in WvW

Posted by: Haythere.7513

Haythere.7513

Let me explain it better:

Most of us know that some server get an insane amount of points when maps are almost empty with a small crew, 10-15 players are enough to tic >400 during several hours, scoring 10k more than the other servers.

I only see one way to avoid that, and it is splitting Match ups on sets, like in tennis or Volleyball

Just an example:

Tic 15 minutes, just like it is atm.
Set, 3 hours= 12 tics, the server which has earned more “minipoints” scores 3, the 2nd 2 and the 3rd 1 point
MatchUp The match is won by the server who has earned more points, in case of tie The winner is decided by Killcount

This way it doesn´t matter if you are scoring 0 all night, because you still have a chance to recover if you are better than your enemy. This would also keep the tension or winning each set and would be more tactic, servers should decide if focus one server to prevent from earning points or just do pvdoor on the 3rd empty server.

It is just an example I think there will be many ways to manage scores.

um, this is still the same result…

The only thing that will help is to make the towers virtually impossible to cap with under 8 people and keeps impossible under 15 players. Then small groups at off hours would only be able to cap camps for points.

Night time wvw......

in WvW

Haythere.7513

If you can not make war 24/7 then you deserve to lose.

+1 WvW is about more then a single player in a single timezone. Start recruiting.

Night time wvw......

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

Nobody bothers with that nowadays, because its pointless, most wvw guilds don’t even play ppt on EU servers, hardly anyone but community guilds.

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)

Night time wvw......

in WvW

Posted by: Yuffi.2430

Yuffi.2430

Crimson – I agree. We have less player on NA these days, or if the metrics prove this wrong the map is so darn convoluted I can’t find them which amounts to the same thing. There are a lot of players waiting to see if things get better, and a lot who already quit. However there should be some new players and some of these play outside the prime play times so it is still worth keeping an eye out for new recruits. In all honesty however I would feel bad trying to recruit a lot of players into WvW with things as they are at the moment – it’s still fun at times but nothing like the experience it used to be.

Zengara -whoa! What is with the attitude? No – don’t bother answering that. I’m aware that you and I see things differently. I have accepted this even if you haven’t.
As a final thought though – here’s a quick summary:

• Your original post is a complaint about people doing things you don’t want them to do.
  • You rant at people who post making comparisons because you don’t like them.
  • You consider that only one of the 44 posts made in response to your OP doesn’t have a “hidden agenda”
  • I have twice posted replies quoting what you posted yourself. On both occasions you declare my posts to be BS (think about that for a bit).

The good news is that you now understand that “having server population available round the clock makes sense” (this is what the other server you were complaining about already has by the way).

I’ll leave you with one final quote of yours: It’s(ed) “Not you, it’s me.” This one I agree with.
Good luck in WvW.

Night time wvw......

in WvW

Posted by: Peazomanco.7259

Peazomanco.7259

Most of us know that some server get an insane amount of points when maps are almost empty with a small crew, 10-15 players are enough to tic >400 during several hours, scoring 10k more than the other servers.

I only see one way to avoid that, and it is splitting Match ups on sets, like in tennis or Volleyball

Just an example:

Set, 3 hours= 12 tics, the server which has earned more “minipoints” scores 3, the 2nd 2 and the 3rd 1 point
MatchUp The match is won by the server who has earned more points, in case of tie The winner is decided by Killcount

This way it doesn´t matter if you are scoring 0 all night, because you still have a chance to recover if you are better than your enemy. This would also keep the tension or winning each set and would be more tactic, servers should decide if focus one server to prevent from earning points or just do pvdoor on the 3rd empty server.

The only thing that will help is to make the towers virtually impossible to cap with under 8 people and keeps impossible under 15 players. Then small groups at off hours would only be able to cap camps for points.

No:

If you point 600-50-45 during 3 hours you get: 7.200-600-540 plus the tics you try to recover all empty undefended but autofortified structures. So during night you lose easily 10k -15k points. The other way you will keep 3,2,1 and if you win more 3 hours “megatics” you still have chances to win MU.

Your suggestion will make even harder to recap structures when few people join the maps so they won´t be able to recover your own Garrison in 2 hours. even it is undefended.

Night time wvw......

in WvW

Haythere.7513

Just an example:

No:

If you point 600-50-45 during 3 hours you get: 7.200-600-540 plus the tics you try to recover all empty undefended but autofortified structures. So during night you lose easily 10k -15k points. The other way you will keep 3,2,1 and if you win more 3 hours “megatics” you still have chances to win MU.

Your suggestion will make even harder to recap structures when few people join the maps so they won´t be able to recover your own Garrison in 2 hours. even it is undefended.

All you are doing is scaling and averaging the score which has other consequences.

So Yes, its the same result.

Night time wvw......

in WvW

Posted by: Frosticle.5607

Frosticle.5607

zengara.8301:
This is just a dumb tread overall to be honest. I do understand that YOU feel its bad that your opponent (example AG where I play) have such a nightpresence.
But if you turn the situation around – during “primetime” AG does not come close to mach the Blobbing numbers FSP bring, this is why you might see som PPT when your blob cannot be defeated or offtimes to keep up with the tick.

Also – gathering the whole server into ONE blob will only cover a small part of the 4 maps. Dividing the blob into smaller groups could actually help you get your tick up and ALSO you would get good fights.

If we drag the example further – should we also maybe limit ticks/close wvw while people are at work? I am sure some people are upset that ppt’ing happen while they are stuck “in real life problems”

Bottom line – Get over it! People play at different times due to different situations, you cant close or limit a game for those just because you want a good nights sleep.
Get over it the same way we get over that we cant match your numbers, so we have to drag your big blob into the map we want it by PPTing and contesting your stuff.

Night time wvw......

in WvW

Posted by: Noctifera.3746

Noctifera.3746

So the OP its now complaining about nightcap when its done to them….just funneh, so solution shall only be found when its your problem not when both FSP or Piken where running zone blob at night or did have NA guild.

Night time wvw......

in WvW

Posted by: Dal.5872

Dal.5872

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA…..

So the game breaking FSP MonoBlob is moaning about nightcapping. When FSP plays I can’t even play during primetime, being in the same part of a map as your blob brings ping rates up into the 1000’s and now you say my gaming outside primetime should count for nothing. Dream on…..

FSP also has one of the biggest mouthed night capping zombies the game has left (we all know who). Just cos he’s not keeping your ppt nice and healthy this week all the rules should change?

So as a counter argument I think FSP should be BANNED from playing during primetime as it ruins it for other people. Or at least learn to split up and use other skills than staff 1 on guardian/DH.

IGN: Dal Brinium

Night time wvw......

in WvW

Dawdler.8521

So the game breaking FSP MonoBlob is moaning about nightcapping. When FSP plays I can’t even play during primetime, being in the same part of a map as your blob brings ping rates up into the 1000’s and now you say my gaming outside primetime should count for nothing. Dream on…..

Dream on is the proper words. FSP can barely gather 10 people primetime on a blue border commander because everyone is busy glorifying the fightserver on EB. Even EB is barely crowded outside reset night. 10-20 man queues in primetime the last week. A while ago that number was more like 40-70 and FSP faced far, far worse night cappers then.

Everyone is getting tired of the current WvW with desert border and there has been a major loss to BDO – a loss thats going to hit harder on servers with a larger PvP oriented population, compared to mindless blob servers. nightcapping may be a huge flaw in the scoring system but it is a minor factor in this.

Night time wvw......

in WvW

Ansau.7326

Dream on is the proper words. FSP can barely gather 10 people primetime on a blue border commander because everyone is busy glorifying the fightserver on EB. Even EB is barely crowded outside reset night. 10-20 man queues in primetime the last week. A while ago that number was more like 40-70 and FSP faced far, far worse night cappers then.

Everyone is getting tired of the current WvW with desert border and there has been a major loss to BDO – a loss thats going to hit harder on servers with a larger PvP oriented population, compared to mindless blob servers. nightcapping may be a huge flaw in the scoring system but it is a minor factor in this.

Anyone who is looking in BDO a substitute of WvW or PvP scenario will be hugely disappointed.
BDO PvP and GvG has everything to unbalance these games modes and make them utterly boring and disengaging.

Night time wvw......

in WvW

Dawdler.8521

Anyone who is looking in BDO a substitute of WvW or PvP scenario will be hugely disappointed.
BDO PvP and GvG has everything to unbalance these games modes and make them utterly boring and disengaging.

Probably, but its enough to pull people away a month or two. One person leaving to BDO means another one in GW2 not being able to find anyone to fight or play with. Will some come back? No doubt they will. But the ones that left because the second reason I mentioned wont because they have given up on the game. Its simple as that.

Night time wvw......

in WvW

Posted by: thunderfall.8095

thunderfall.8095

Well having a straight 50% less point score on night time will do the trick, since these points is gathered while others is not even in the game.

Whose night time?

Mesmers be like: I reject your reality and substitute my own. – compliments to Mythbusters
Plot Twist: Elder Dragons are massive robots created by the Black Lion Trading Company.
Think of the money they make off weapons and armor…

Night time wvw......

in WvW

Posted by: Martyr.1920

Martyr.1920

Well having a straight 50% less point score on night time will do the trick, since these points is gathered while others is not even in the game.

Whose night time?

Who cares? Night players don’t even deserve to contribute right? Just turn off all points when its night at SEA

Night time wvw......

in WvW

Peazomanco.7259

Just an example:

No:

All you are doing is scaling and averaging the score which has other consequences.

Let me try to explain this again:

Example with today´s system:

time zone: 00.00-03.00 (695 ppt x 12 tics= 8.340) 250 kills for all servers Only 1 server has nice population others just few players

Server A earns 6.000 points (500 ppt) + 100 kills = 7.600 points Server A has more population fight worse than other enemies.
Server B earns 1200 points (100ppt)+ 90 kills = 1.290 points. Server B has less population but fights better almost get same kills than most populated server.
Server C earns 1.140 points (95ppt) + 60 kills = 1.200 points

time zone 15.00-18.00 (695 ppt x 12 tics= 8.340) 600 kills for all servers. population better balanced Server B and C has more population and server B fights better. A just struggles to defend.

Server A earns 1.800 points (150 ppt) + 120 kills. = 1.920 points.
Server B earns 3.600 points (300ppt) + 300 kills = 3.900 points.
Server C earns: 2.940 point (245 ppt) + 180 kills =3.120 points.

time zone 18.00-21.00 (695 ppt x 12 tics= 8.340) + 1.100 kills. All 3 servers are pretty similar in numbers but B is better than A and C.

Server A earns 2.400 points (200ppt)+ 280 kills= 2.680 points.
Server B earns 3.000 (250ppt) + 500 kills = 3.500 points.
Server C earns 2.940 (245ppt + 320 kills 3.260

Server A earns 7.600+ 1920+2.680 = 12.200
Server B earns 1.200+ 3.900+3.500 = 8.600
Server C earns 1.200+3.120+3.260= 7.580

The way I suggest the same MU would end:

1st Server—> B 8 points (2 megatics being 1st and 1 being 2nd)
2nd —>Server C 5 points (2 megatics being 2nd and 1 being 3rd) + 560 kills.
3rd —>Server A 5 points (2 megatics being 3rd 1 megatic being 1st) + 500 kills.

I think there are several differences.

Since it will probably be some tie it would be necessary to take a secondary score based on kills or total ppt.

Night time wvw......

in WvW

Haythere.7513

Just an example:

No:

Let me try to explain this again:

Example with today´s system:

time zone: 00.00-03.00 (695 ppt x 12 tics= 8.340) 250 kills for all servers Only 1 server has nice population others just few players

Server A earns 6.000 points (500 ppt) + 100 kills = 7.600 points Server A has more population fight worse than other enemies.
Server B earns 1200 points (100ppt)+ 90 kills = 1.290 points. Server B has less population but fights better almost get same kills than most populated server.
Server C earns 1.140 points (95ppt) + 60 kills = 1.200 points

time zone 15.00-18.00 (695 ppt x 12 tics= 8.340) 600 kills for all servers. population better balanced Server B and C has more population and server B fights better. A just struggles to defend.

Server A earns 1.800 points (150 ppt) + 120 kills. = 1.920 points.
Server B earns 3.600 points (300ppt) + 300 kills = 3.900 points.
Server C earns: 2.940 point (245 ppt) + 180 kills =3.120 points.

time zone 18.00-21.00 (695 ppt x 12 tics= 8.340) + 1.100 kills. All 3 servers are pretty similar in numbers but B is better than A and C.

Server A earns 2.400 points (200ppt)+ 280 kills= 2.680 points.
Server B earns 3.000 (250ppt) + 500 kills = 3.500 points.
Server C earns 2.940 (245ppt + 320 kills 3.260

Server A earns 7.600+ 1920+2.680 = 12.200
Server B earns 1.200+ 3.900+3.500 = 8.600
Server C earns 1.200+3.120+3.260= 7.580

The way I suggest the same MU would end:

1st Server—> B 8 points (2 megatics being 1st and 1 being 2nd)
2nd —>Server C 5 points (2 megatics being 2nd and 1 being 3rd) + 560 kills.
3rd -->Server A 5 points (2 megatics being 3rd 1 megatic being 1st) + 500 kills.

I think there are several differences.

Since it will probably be some tie it would be necessary to take a secondary score based on kills or total ppt.

So you are saying you are not scaling the score? Really? Do you also understand that you are creating less variance within the scoring system? Do you understand what that means?

Well, just so you don’t repeat the same thing again, having less variance withing the scoring system reduces the chances of a team that is losing to catch up. This happens because you are reducing the amount of swing that can take place at any one time. Whether it happens by a few or many players, it needs to happen for the feeling of accomplishment. Not – I’ve been on for 3 hrs and we got 1 point.

Again the system is fine, teams need to take responsibility for the server they run on and recruit. Any limitations and nerfing will just reduce the pop.

Night time wvw......

in WvW

Haythere.7513

Just an example:

Hey Peazomanco, just to help you out in math class. What you are describing above is averaging numbers. Essentially you are averaging the 12 ticks by using the totals and then applying a scaled down score accordingly .

Night time wvw......

in WvW

Peazomanco.7259

So you are saying you are not scaling the score? Really? Do you also understand that you are creating less variance within the scoring system? Do you understand what that means?
Well, just so you don’t repeat the same thing again, having less variance withing the scoring system reduces the chances of a team that is losing to catch up. This happens because you are reducing the amount of swing that can take place at any one time. Whether it happens by a few or many players, it needs to happen for the feeling of accomplishment. Not – I’ve been on for 3 hrs and we got 1 point.
Again the system is fine, teams need to take responsibility for the server they run on and recruit. Any limitations and nerfing will just reduce the pop.

I understand your statement and respect it but have to disagree with you
I think I have shown just the opposite, how a server can catch another one despite having strong disadvantage on determined time zones.

I also think that thew way I suggest would promote events to win some “megatics” instead of having dead matches by tuesday. Servers could try to organize themselves to fight for megatics. It could also improve fights if a megatic is already decided, people can focus on enjoy some fights. Obviusly it depends from people fighting spirit.

If people had some motivation to play more time and fight for the glory of their servers I would agree with you, but this is not the case. The situation is people blaming other servers for nightcapping or even tryin to discriminate other hours. I also would agree with you if population weren´t disbalanced, but that´s the case Even My server is lacking population on night because of that. I don´t wanna be number one of a ranked of dead servers, i prefer be on tier 3 or 4 but with strong and active servers.

Night time wvw......

in WvW

Haythere.7513

I understand your statement and respect it but have to disagree with you
I think I have shown just the opposite, how a server can catch another one despite having strong disadvantage on determined time zones.

I also think that thew way I suggest would promote events to win some “megatics” instead of having dead matches by tuesday. Servers could try to organize themselves to fight for megatics. It could also improve fights if a megatic is already decided, people can focus on enjoy some fights. Obviusly it depends from people fighting spirit.

If people had some motivation to play more time and fight for the glory of their servers I would agree with you, but this is not the case. The situation is people blaming other servers for nightcapping or even tryin to discriminate other hours. I also would agree with you if population weren´t disbalanced, but that´s the case Even My server is lacking population on night because of that. I don´t wanna be number one of a ranked of dead servers, i prefer be on tier 3 or 4 but with strong and active servers.

Excellent reply Peaz, but I do disagree. Anet needs to merge servers across timezones.

Night time wvw......

in WvW

Posted by: Sinbold.8723

Sinbold.8723

I REALLY want to buy Yuffi.2430 and Shilajit.9023 a beer! You two have said it best- logically and clearly.

Thank you.

Night time wvw......

in WvW

Posted by: Xarastier.6250

Xarastier.6250

How many threads like this do we have to endure .The world doesn’t revolve around you.When your asleep others are awake playing .Stop being so selfish and give it a rest already.

Ooh, you’re soo mistaken Mokk! The world most certainly revolves around zengara, as it does around you also. The world is what zengara – and he alone – experiences, thinks & believes, and if zengara passes, his Reality (World) no longer exists. Mokk, please remember this, and think this through: the World (Reality) may be created (thought, thinking) by anyone as objective, i.e., existing before birth, subsequently the environment & surroundings are unaffected the person as time and space are separate and distant, and he/she lives and behaves accordingly until passing. Alternatively, the same person – or others – may create (thought, thinking) Reality (the World) as subjective, i.e., existing after birth, originating from his/her own experiences, thoughts and beliefs, and also subsequently, affecting the environment radiating outward from the person, the images, person, place, things, physics, art & science, mirroring his/her own being and consciousness as time and space are distant, but no longer separate, living his/her life accordingly until passing. It appears Mokk, that your world is an objective one, denying zengara of his world revolving around him, and believing and thinking until you pass that you have no such power. Live and let live Mokk!

Everything is One…You. You are so much greater than the outline of Your body.

(edited by Xarastier.6250)

Night time wvw......

in WvW

Posted by: Sweet Sanity.8593

Sweet Sanity.8593

I am in the matchup “northern shiver peaks” is in right now and the reason this is happening is very simple. HoD lost guilds and 90% of the DH population transfered out. It has nothing to do with night capping. nevertheless we will all be losing our allies this time next week so things will change

Night time wvw......

in WvW

Posted by: Famine.7915

Famine.7915

Guys… 3 months… And a patch for this topic… yeah…

Vee/Volk
Maguuma – Predatory Instinct [HUNT]
Necromancer

Night time wvw......

in WvW

Posted by: Choppy.4183

Choppy.4183

I am in the matchup “northern shiver peaks” is in right now and the reason this is happening is very simple. HoD lost guilds and 90% of the DH population transfered out. It has nothing to do with night capping. nevertheless we will all be losing our allies this time next week so things will change

No, he’s taking about Far Shiverspeaks (an EU server), not NSP in NA.

I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)