Northern Towers (Alpine) Need a Supply Rework

in WvW

Posted by: neven.3785

neven.3785

Im sure anyone who is stuck upgrading their home borderlands will know the pain it is to get a northern tower upgraded now since alpine was reworked. It takes longer to fortify the towers than it does to fortify an east or west keep.

I think the best solution would be to have the yaks supply delivery drop supply on the way back from garrison.

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

The issue in these towers is that they are only supplied by 1 camp while all other objectives in the map are supplied by 2 or 3 camps at same time.

Also, keep in mind that asking for them to become easier to upgrade end up in making it easier for attackers bunker on it and upgrade it against you. Honestly I don’t see any issue on them right now. They are fairly easy to hold with very few siege pieces.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: neven.3785

neven.3785

i think the previous way they did it was double supply delivery from north camp. This way with the yak going north camp >>> tower >>> Garrison >>>Tower. I dont think it will allow for much quicker bunkering in the north towers, it will still be a slow process as a single yak snipe can stop 2 deliveries.

As it stands now, its ridiculously slow. East and west keep both have 2 camps feeding them, and the southern camp is often recapped slowing them down, yet they still beat the northern towers in time for upgrading, and yes, i know they only have 1 camp feeding them, but in the past anet saw this folly and corrected the supply amounts to the towers

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

With how easy they are to defend (especially with that stupid sentry upgrade) I think it’s fair that they take time to upgrade.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN