Not everyone wants a 2014 tier 1 sized pop..

in WvW

Posted by: The Game Slayer.7632

The Game Slayer.7632

The title says it all. I remember the old days where in the lower tiers, roaming was amazing because of the lack of zergs/queues. There was a reason I stayed in t7 for the first 2 years of gw2.

I get what you’re trying to do, Anet. And I know you can’t make everyone happy… I understand that roamers are an insanely small minority in this game.. But I hope you know that most roamers are your hardcore/dedicated players. We all know what happens when you alienate your dedicated players.. Longevity of the game disappears. I’m still playing this game. I’m still content. But I’m not sure how much longer I can withstand being in a 2014 sized t1 population. It’s getting old, really quick.

Quadruple/triple stacked servers shouldn’t exist right now in this game. Perhaps later on, when the population dies out a little more.. I don’t really know the metrics. But, like I said, as it stands right now you’re alienating a lot of your hardcore players. I’m surprised no one has even mentioned this so far. Do any other roamers agree or disagree with me? What are other peoples opinions about this?

I am a teef
:)

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

I prefer populated maps to empty ones.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: Sviel.7493

Sviel.7493

I’m pretty used to roaming in populated servers. I don’t get what the problem is, but I also can’t say that it doesn’t exist.

Can you detail what, exactly, you prefer about low-pop servers?

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

I understand the frustration. I pretty much gave up on solo roaming a year ago. If I were more skilled or if I were a Thief or Mesmer, I might still be doing it. But as it stands, solo roaming requires more discipline than what I have. You need to be able to end fights extremely quickly and to have a high enough level of skill to deal with multiple players effectively. If you’re not skilled enough to do this, or if you’re not able to immediately disengage like Mesmers and Thieves can, you’re going to die so often it’ll just become unenjoyable and frustrating (at least for most). As much as a lot of people hate it when someone runs away, I don’t usually blame them. For all you know, they’ve been blobbed a hundred times already and probably want to not die for a few minutes.

I used to have a lot of fun solo roaming in low tiers as a Necromancer. Populations were low enough down there that I could get a lot of 1v1/X and either win or at least put up a good fight. Now, you rarely find anyone by themselves and even if you do, you’re likely to get +1’d/blobbed at the worst possible moment.

Don’t get me wrong, losing is a part of the game and WvW isn’t designed with 1v1’s in mind. I understand that, but solo play is just so difficult now that a lot of the time it’s really not worth it.

Personally, I’ve long since taken to scouting as a substitute. It’s not really “roaming” because I’m not putting myself in nearly as much danger but it still has some of the good qualities. I basically circle our side of the map protecting our territory and stalking zergs that come near our side to pick off anyone that’s too slow to keep up.

If you want to roam, you should find some friends you can trust to do it with you. Solo roaming is pretty well dead. Of course, there are still people that do it but it’s either sheer determination or a lot of patience that keeps them going. Neither of which I’ve got, lol.

Adapt and evolve! Good luck.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

I think things will eventually even out and those seeking lower pop fights will find them.

I actually predict a resurgence in interest in GW2 come fall, after kids are back in school, looking for RVR and finding only one option (if you like ESO you’d be playing it).

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

This is an Realm versus Realm mode… Realm versus Realm only works with players on the map. Y’all can’t expect the devs to keep emptier maps just for your personal roaming preference. If you are having difficulty encountering zergs then the alternative is to join spvp for your small scale pvp fix.

Threads and requests like these are akin to someone jumping on the boards and saying “well, I like raids, but I don’t like encountering raid bosses”… Seriously, it’s been 4 years and the same personal roaming problems keep popping up. You can roam with any amount of players on the map, but WvW is not primarily designed for roamers and roaming gameplay. It’s supposed to be an “epic war with hundreds of players on the huge maps” so accept it for what it is because the devs are not going back to dead server mode.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

in WvW

Posted by: Diku.2546

Diku.2546

This is an Realm versus Realm mode… Realm versus Realm only works with players on the map. Y’all can’t expect the devs to keep emptier maps just for your personal roaming preference. If you are having difficulty encountering zergs then the alternative is to join spvp for your small scale pvp fix.

Threads and requests like these are akin to someone jumping on the boards and saying “well, I like raids, but I don’t like encountering raid bosses”… Seriously, it’s been 4 years and the same personal roaming problems keep popping up. You can roam with any amount of players on the map, but WvW is not primarily designed for roamers and roaming gameplay. It’s supposed to be an “epic war with hundreds of players on the huge maps” so accept it for what it is because the devs are not going back to dead server mode.

You’re wrong & there are solutions that can use World Server Identity to improve the Long Term health & viability of this Game Mode.

It’s possible to have a “Realm vs Realm” with emptier maps.

If the Game Mode used a King of the Hill fight model…the Lower Ranked World Servers would have an ecosystem that allows Small Scale roaming, AND Epic Zerg battles would be found in the Top Ranked Worlds.

Using this Model…Players from the Lowest Ranked Servers would still be able to participate in attacking the #1 ranked, and the #1 ranked would earn less points attacking any Lower Ranked servers.

The #1 Ranked NA & EU Worlds would have to earn their Rank in this model.

ANet needs to re-design the Game Mode & use a better Match-Up mechanic that leverages Population In-Balances to create Match-Ups that are Player Driven…yet…ANet Controlled.

Attachments:

(edited by Diku.2546)

in WvW

Posted by: Rink.6108

Rink.6108

It is in theory possible that arenanet makes specific servers just for low population wvw matchups, yes. But if this would be done, then it should not be on servers that new players will call their home without knowing that their wvw-maps will be dead.
Since the linkings I see a lot more people with low wvw-levels in our ranks and with the enemies. Many of those are from servers that had no wvw-activity before and that now found their way into wvw BECAUSE it is more active. When you chose a server when you start out, you don’t know the impact your homeserver has on wvw activity. So if such servers were to be created, then it should be clear for new users why not to chose those servers.

I think this would be a good candidate for a gw2 kickstarter option. If enough people want to pay for low population wvw servers to finance the change, then it could be added. If not: go to DBL on tier 3 or tier 4 matchup or just go to european server if you are NA or NA if you are european. You will have a lot less opponents in your primetime (I am european on NA server).

in WvW

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

I miss small servers but due to t1 population makes my PC run at 2-4 FPS.

It would be amazing if they could make 3 servers for ever locked together with a decreased overall map limit. Say 40 to each side.

I’d leave the blobs in an instant for a playable game mode.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in WvW

Swagger.1459

You’re wrong & there are solutions that can use World Server Identity to improve the Long Term health & viability of this Game Mode.

If the Game Mode used a King of the Hill fight model…the Lower Ranked World Servers would have an ecosystem that allows Small Scale roaming, AND Epic Zerg battles would be found in the Top Ranked Worlds.

Using this Model…Players from the Lowest Ranked Servers would still be able to participate in attacking the #1 ranked, and the #1 ranked would earn less points attacking any Lower Ranked servers.

ANet needs to re-design the Game Mode & use a better Match-Up mechanic that leverages Population In-Balances to create Match-Ups that are Player Driven…yet…ANet Controlled.

Actually I’m right.

Go to the ESO and CU boards and ask them to make small scale rvr accommodations for players… The developers and players would be laughing.

Arenanet is not changing wvw to accommodate small scale play so roamers don’t have to encounter blobs. Arenanet is not making “king of the hill” and reverting back to single server style either. Go gvg and spvp for all your small scale play.

It’s been 4 years… well past the time for all of you to finally adapt to blobs being around and stop trying to change wvw into something it’s not.

in WvW

Posted by: mordran.4750

mordran.4750

(if you like ESO you’d be playing it).

The problem is that the performance of ESO in large fights is way worse than it is here, it was almost unplayable with the lag and skill delay. So i guess our next alternative will be either Crowfall or CU.

in WvW

Diku.2546

Actually I’m right.

Go to the ESO and CU boards and ask them to make small scale rvr accommodations for players… The developers and players would be laughing.

Arenanet is not changing wvw to accommodate small scale play so roamers don’t have to encounter blobs. Arenanet is not making “king of the hill” and reverting back to single server style either. Go gvg and spvp for all your small scale play.

It’s been 4 years… well past the time for all of you to finally adapt to blobs being around and stop trying to change wvw into something it’s not.

Nope. You’re completely Wrong again.

In a King of the Hill model…Small Scale is Totally possible.

The Top Rank Servers get all the Epic Zerg action for being the King, and the Lower Rank Servers get what’s left over…namely the people looking for the Small Scale fighting.

Majority of players usually want the Epic Zerg action & will go to fight on the Top 3 Ranked Worlds…aka…6 Kings to fight on. Currently WvW has 3 NA & 3 EU.

In this King of the Hill model…Low Ranked Servers are rewarded MORE for attacking Higher Ranked Servers…so they’re not left out in the cold…and provides incentive for them to climb the WvG Ranks.

Higher Ranked Server get LESS Points for attacking any Server that is below them.

King of the Hill model will make the current Kings of WvW have to WORK for their Rank.

In the end…this model will allow Players to have slow paced & Small Scale Match-Ups by choosing to stay in their Bottom Rank World Server, but give them the Freedom to join everybody else in visiting & taking a swing at any of the Kings if they so choose to…using a Weekly Server Guesting mechanic that’s controlled by ANet.

Currently everybody is Locked into Tiers separating them into Rooms that each have an 800 pound gorilla.

King of the Hill model coupled with a Player Driven Match-Up Design is a better Long Term alternative…imho

Attachments:

(edited by Diku.2546)

in WvW

Posted by: Peppel.9736

Peppel.9736

@The Game Slayer.7632
agree with you.

I and the other of WSR also miss T7 / 8 Since the new Linking with T1 we play, WSR, barely WvW. We are raoming small scale fights Server.
For that I have made this Post:

A guy from us had a proposal and worte this:

„instead of trying to balance the population to be close to each other, they should have 3-4 tiers and balance the population inside the tier.
People who doesn’t want their WvW to be a huge blobfest can play in the tier 3, people who enjoy 24/7 commanders but not 100% coverage and queues can go to tier 2. And finally the people who wants their WvW to be a blobfest can enjoy their WvW in tier 1..
This way I believe we could get much closer to even match ups, but also there’s WvW for everyone’s liking.“

Why not? I would go straight in the last Tier for
- Roaming (take keeps, tower and camps – ppt),
- Small scale fights with guild groups
- I hate Qs and Blobfights.

That would be a dream

Tinka – Whiteside Ridge WSR - It’s a game, have fun and be kind to others
Slow-death-of-the-forgotten-Guest-server

in WvW

Posted by: zinkz.7045

zinkz.7045

ESO accommodates different play-styles better, because it is not based on an outdated inflexible home server system, you choose a campaign to play in, so if you want low population you simply choose to play in a campaign with low population, if you want to blob it up you pick the high pop campaign, if you are a guild that wants to fight other guilds you go pick the campaign where guilds go, etc.

(edited by zinkz.7045)

in WvW

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

We already had that before anet interfered into population sizes. So what you want now is what we had, just that we will have the always same MUs as anet would lock the tiers. And actually you guys on NA also had that already.

in WvW

Swagger.1459

ESO accommodates different play-styles better, because it is not based on an outdated inflexible home server system, you choose a campaign to play in, so if you want low population you simply choose to play in a campaign with low population, if you want to blob it up you pick the high pop campaign, if you are a guild that wants to fight other guilds you go pick the campaign where guilds go, etc.

Linking is a permanent feature here. Anet is not back tracking to intentionally create small match ups.

Overall populations have increased since linking and rewards, they are not going back to a failed system to accommodate the handful of players who want wvw without blobs potentially on maps…

in WvW

zinkz.7045

Linking is a permanent feature here. Anet is not back tracking to intentionally create small match ups.

I never said they were, I was merely pointing out that the nature of the system of ESO does indeed accommodate different play-styles better than WvW does.

Overall populations have increased since linking and rewards…

Where can I see these magic numbers or is this you simply making up “facts”?

they are not going back to a failed system…

The old system was a failed system, the new system is a failed system, I have no expectation other than that they will simply continue to merge servers as WvW continues to die.

in WvW

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

New system is not failed. Evening out poulation is a good thing. What should be done is to have spots for all play types. Leaving one player group in the void is always bad. I am a 99% roamer and i find spots. Yes i often have to run in time or get steamrolled ….

in WvW

Swagger.1459

I never said they were, I was merely pointing out that the nature of the system of ESO does indeed accommodate different play-styles better than WvW does.

Overall populations have increased since linking and rewards…

Where can I see these magic numbers or is this you simply making up “facts”?

they are not going back to a failed system…

The old system was a failed system, the new system is a failed system, I have no expectation other than that they will simply continue to merge servers as WvW continues to die.

The main point is that the devs are not going backwards, and not changing wvw to accommodate players who don’t want to run into zergs… Players can gvg and spvp for small scale pvp play.

You can find the dev quote below on increased populations since linking and reward tracks were introduced. Good luck.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/devtracker

in WvW

zinkz.7045

You can find the dev quote below on increased populations since linking and reward tracks were introduced. Good luck.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/devtracker

LOL

in WvW

Posted by: Malediktus.3740

Malediktus.3740

I think I am a dedicated player. And I prefer maximum full maps.
sPvP/tPvP is for small scale pvp

One of my 30 accounts (Malediktus.9250).

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Skilled roaming is effectively dead. The only thing we are running into are empty camps, scrub players and when a decent fight does break out it is almost always a bunch of bunker Druids.

I don’t like calling WvW dead since there are clearly still a good number of us but for the first time I believe I can see the end of my time playing the game.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Diku.2546

The main point is that the devs are not going backwards, and not changing wvw to accommodate players who don’t want to run into zergs… Players can gvg and spvp for small scale pvp play.

Wow…you’re completely Wrong again.

Devs need to move forward & things CAN be fixed using “Servers” to do it.

The game mode needs a better core design that allows Player Driven Match-Ups that ultimately lead to a gradation of Ranked Servers that offer diferent play styles.

Why not give the players what they want by letting them pick which Server that accomodates their play style?

• Re-design it so Players can use Server Guesting to pick their Match-Ups while ANet Firmly Controls How Many & Which Servers they can pick on a Weekly basis

If you do this…Players gravitate to the Top for Epic Zerg action & the Bottom for Small Scale Roaming.

Devs need to re-design the game mode into one that readily allows population in-balances while creating an ecosystem that allows for Zerging to be at the Top of the predatory food chain of WvG.

There’s a better alternative…imho

Attachments:

in WvW

Swagger.1459

Diku, Gaile Gray provided a specific response to your thread before… Please refrain from spamming the same off topic stuff over and over so we can focus on healthy conversations…

OP has shared their thoughts, and if there was significant interest in or support for the concept, the discussion would have continued to gain momentum naturally, without pointless bumping.

At the current time, the WvW Team has shared a lot of information about their plans, and they are interacting at unprecedented levels through the gathering of player input on all manner of subjects. We ask that you not try to inject your personal design ideas into daily forum conversations and, obviously, that you not bump threads. There is so much to talk about, polls to take, ideas to share on many related subjects, and we welcome a lively conversation on all those topics.

If you have ideas for the future, the best way to share them is with concise, brief descriptions. Posting walls of text is off-putting to busy people — be they forum members or developers. I suggest posting the idea in a concise manner and, if necessary, sharing details below that synopsis.

(edited by Swagger.1459)

in WvW

Diku.2546

You in the other hand just spam your stuff over and over with attachments that add less to the discussion than your post itself.

Lenka Utsugi’s Compass from Anime – God Eaters – Given to Lenka by Lindow Amamiya, who told him to pass it on to someone who is lost.

My PoV is that ANet is lost in their design & that’s why WvW is in the current state of things. It’s not spamming…it’s remaining consistent in the direction on where this game mode needs to be going.

Given the current game mechanics…it’s almost impossible & downright messy to try & fix what’s wrong with WvW. Change the core game mechanics…using the right tool makes the job that much easier to do…imho

(edited by Diku.2546)

in WvW

Posted by: Sylvyn.4750

Sylvyn.4750

It’s a lot harder to roam than it used to be…with the HoT power creep, some classes have really come out on top in the area of 1v1 or small group roaming. When I was last on T6/T7 with GoM, though…it was just dead…you couldn’t find anyone to group with, so I let the small enemy groups run by since I couldn’t solo them. I tried to defend SMC against a horde of 6 or 7 enemies…died and lost the castle. No, it was too dead right before the server links…they were a necessary evil. Even with the zergs that might be around on a map today, it’s easy to just go to the other side of the map and flip stuff with a small roaming group, or solo, like I do a lot. If you’re on a small server linked with a T1/T2 server, perhaps the next round of links will be kinder to you. It’s still pretty quiet in T3/T4. I wish they would go ahead and just make permanent server merges, so that we know what server we can move to according to our desired playstyle…hard to do when you get tossed around every 2 months.

in WvW

Posted by: displayname.8315

displayname.8315

T1 roamers can handle themselves. Solo, group.. whatever. Try working on your build, suggest ele, war, mes or thief. If you want more of a challenge go for a slower class, but again work on a good roaming build.

JQ subsidiary

in WvW

The Game Slayer.7632

T1 roamers can handle themselves. Solo, group.. whatever. Try working on your build, suggest ele, war, mes or thief. If you want more of a challenge go for a slower class, but again work on a good roaming build.

I have a great roaming build. It’s an old school s/p thief. I love it when I can actually get some fights. The small scale fighting isn’t the problem for me.. Again, it’s the population.

In response to what other people have asked me, which is the clarification of what I don’t enjoy about having an increased server population, I say the following.

I don’t enjoy the ludicrous amounts of skill lag that were never present in lower tiers.

I don’t enjoy the fact that if the build I’m using doesn’t have moderate – high degree of mobility, I will get chased down with ease from zergs. (This severely limits build diversity for small scale wvw fights if you’re concerned about zergs. And you really have to be concerned about zergs much more often in this new population size, because there are so many more 20+ sized groups running around.)

I don’t enjoy the fact that many other people aren’t as resilient as I am, and have quit the game because of this.. Therefore I don’t have anyone to fight.. It’s very rare that I’m able to encounter someone else who is skilled enough to make me run away (because I’m a thief.) Believe it or not, the fact that it’s a rare thing is not fun.. Most of the people I run into now are inexperienced and newer players.

I didn’t get as many fights in t7 as I do now, but when I did, most of them were high in quality. Quality always trumps quantity.

Look, people. I get it. Most of you who disagree with me are telling me to adapt. Trust me, I’ve been adapting. Getting run over by zergs doesn’t happen for me anymore. That’s not what bothers me. Small scale fighting is just on a decline. And it’s not what it used to be.

Look, when I made this post, the goal in mind was to find out how many other people also shared the same opinion. So please leave the “Stop complaining and adapt” crap behind. Simply state that you enjoy the server mergers, and that you don’t want anything to happen to it, and be on with your day. Having looked at the thread so far, I’m glad I’m not the only one.. /: GW2 may have a problem in the future.

I am a teef

in WvW

The Game Slayer.7632

No, it was too dead right before the server links…they were a necessary evil.

I agree.. to an extent. They kind of over-did it with 3-4 servers at a time. That’s too much. There’s a healthy balance of server merging you can do, and anet is not hitting it. They’re catering far too much to the zerglings.

I am a teef

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

Small scale fighting is just on a decline. And it’s not what it used to be.

WvW as a whole is on declining. In 2014 we had dead servers at T7-T8. Before the links we had dead server all the way up to T5. Population is decling because people are getting bored of the game or are unhappy with (insert complaints here) and end up quitting to look for fun elsewhere. The server links breathed some life back in servers that haven’t seen a “healthy” matchup for months, and now that people find other people playing, others are giving WvW a try.

Honestly, I don’t understand how people can complain that having more people in the game is a problem when you actually need other people to fight with. How people think it’s fun to walk for 30 minutes in a borderland without seeing a single soul. To be able to solo T3 towers and keeps because there is nobody in the map to even check why it’s contested.

It’s annoying being constantly outnumbered? Sure it is. That’s roaming life though. I personally rather be dodging zergs while trying to either pick their tail or hunting other small groups than being alone in a dead map.

WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points

in WvW

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

Real roaming died with HoT. Lack of +5 supply guild buff killed most of the good guilds, and the amount of cheese and stupidly broken builds in the game right now made many more leave. I’d rather just blob, despite being a huge small-scale player for so long. The roaming scene behaviorally is unsettling and the builds and balance are worse.

Guild Arena fights with experimental builds or ones which aren’t just stupidly OP and broken are way more interesting. I can go for hours doing that with friends just because at any given time things feel fair and nobody’s a jerk about it.

in WvW

The Game Slayer.7632

Small scale fighting is just on a decline. And it’s not what it used to be.

WvW as a whole is on declining. In 2014 we had dead servers at T7-T8. Before the links we had dead server all the way up to T5. Population is decling because people are getting bored of the game or are unhappy with (insert complaints here) and end up quitting to look for fun elsewhere. The server links breathed some life back in servers that haven’t seen a “healthy” matchup for months, and now that people find other people playing, others are giving WvW a try.

Honestly, I don’t understand how people can complain that having more people in the game is a problem when you actually need other people to fight with. How people think it’s fun to walk for 30 minutes in a borderland without seeing a single soul. To be able to solo T3 towers and keeps because there is nobody in the map to even check why it’s contested.

It’s annoying being constantly outnumbered? Sure it is. That’s roaming life though. I personally rather be dodging zergs while trying to either pick their tail or hunting other small groups than being alone in a dead map.

Okay, again, because I mentioned this in the last comment: I am not saying I want completely dead borderlands. But what I am saying is that I don’t want how the current population is and everything else that comes with it. As it stands, 3-4 servers at a time is a little too much. And there is absolutely no choice in the matter. I can’t xfer to solve my problem. It’s like this in every tier.

Oh, by the way, t7/t8 servers were not dead in 2014. They just weren’t t1 servers. There’s a huge difference, don’t conflate the two.

I am a teef

(edited by The Game Slayer.7632)

in WvW

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

i prefer hero mode as well. zerg fights are boring to me…..and roaming around zerg fights is boring to me. i want to feel important…i want my killls and the contribution i put forward to matter. they dont when its so zergy thus i dont play in primetime cause it bores me. why even be there if nothing u do has an impact..lol. i mean its like playing one of the generic creeps in a moba game rather than an actual hero unit. the only ones who matter are the commanders and the guild names…..nothing else has any value.

ideally i want fights of mbe up to 15vs15. and to have people defending to some extent when im not there to do it. i would like a lower pop tier as well.

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

in WvW

Posted by: mordran.4750

mordran.4750

Well that depends, Arenanet created a major imbalance between worlds and favored bandwaggoning, a factor from which they earned a lot of money because of gem sales by the way. By creating matchups where you can tell the winner immediately after reset makes wvw as boring as without people. And as it stands now, sometimes yes, you simply can´t roam because the population imbalance is so big that enemy zergs from one server are on each borderland so switching does not help.

in WvW

displayname.8315

I have a great roaming build. It’s an old school s/p thief. I love it when I can actually get some fights. The small scale fighting isn’t the problem for me.. Again, it’s the population.

I don’t enjoy the ludicrous amounts of skill lag that were never present in lower tiers.

I don’t enjoy the fact that if the build I’m using doesn’t have moderate – high degree of mobility, I will get chased down with ease from zergs. (This severely limits build diversity for small scale wvw fights if you’re concerned about zergs.

Getting run over by zergs doesn’t happen for me anymore. That’s not what bothers me. Small scale fighting is just on a decline. And it’s not what it used to be.

I don’t enjoy the fact that many other people aren’t as resilient as I am, and have quit the game because of this.. Therefore I don’t have anyone to fight.. It’s very rare that I’m able to encounter someone else who is skilled enough to make me run away

No offence but I really dislike thieves simply because the mechanics don’t mesh well for fights. Same with people who actually build for trapping stealth, and the Mesmer junk..

Your kinda asking for people to not fight you when you can have the “resilience” to just stealth and blink away.

I don’t build for roaming myself but a well built toon can be used for some roaming and zergs and you only have to change 1 weapon or skill to make it effective. I even roam a little on necro and guardian sometimes.

I actually enjoy that there is some bit of class role in WvW. Healers, tanks, roamer classes and such. So try all them classes, ive been messing with a melee ranger.. not as effective as the GWEN’s but it’s fun.

JQ subsidiary

(edited by displayname.8315)

in WvW

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

I’m a bit torn. On one hand I had more fun in the told T6-8 myself, but I have also seen how much others have hated it and prefer the new links.

Personally I’m just sick of getting linked into T1, I just can’t stand playing there at all, and it just ends up with me leaving the game for weeks or months at a time. And as the OP said, the worst part about this, is that there isn’t anything I can do about it, I can’t even transfer, as whatever server I transfer to might get lumped into a T1 server/match-up next.

I realize that I’ve been very unlucky with my links so far (T1, quad-server, t1 again), but I believe that the linking also have done some good for a lot of others.

I would very much like to see some servers put in a own t5 or something for small scale (KN+AR+ET for lyfe!) but realize that there would be a whole slew of other problems related to this (All those on those servers that wants a more t1 experience, the whole select server on first toon creation, before learning about servers and wvw etc).

Ideally, they would have the time and money to make it so that the game mode had a place for everyone. Own maps designed for various scales and play styles. A own small scale roaming map, with no keeps, but lots of camps, towers, and other small objectives to be fought and harassed over. Low map pop, lots of spread out terrain with plenty of small points etc. Who knows. Then we might be able to play how we like in any tier, but I expect people throwing a fit over this as everything else.

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

in WvW

Peppel.9736

@joneirikb

agree 100% with you! We are also T1 (EU) but only since this linking and we hardly play. All what we want:

- roaming (take keeps, tower and camps – ppt),
- small scale fights with guild groups

I moved my BF’s acc to RoF, ok lvl 34 in wvw .. but it’s more fun to play there! However, this should not be the purpose of a game

Please, Anet: Relink us as soon as possible, not in 1 months. Give us a place / home in a low tier.

in WvW

displayname.8315

Do you guys ever play on the borderlands? It’s basically exactly what your asking for. PPT play, small scale play.

Not sure what server your on that has blobs on their BL at all times. T1 NA sure doesn’t.

Don’t get discouraged if they have some backup that shows up to defend something. Maybe you don’t get your PvD fix in but you can always try a different area or change maps.

JQ subsidiary

in WvW

Peppel.9736

@displayname

sure, I´m a BL Defender. I play only on all BL´s. The last time then I was on EB is about
more than a month ago.

in WvW

displayname.8315

Yeah me too I like taking a good toon to the home BL. I find that most of the enemy that attack your BL are groups of 3 – 5, and the key is to not die or “get farmed” by them, keep an eye out during fights.

If you have to reposition or pull back, stay alive, often you’ll find some friends come along also looking for a fight, then it get’s fun.

JQ subsidiary

in WvW

Posted by: Avigrus.2871

Avigrus.2871

I miss small servers but due to t1 population makes my PC run at 2-4 FPS.

Right there with ya, buddy! I get about the same FPS in NA T1.

The old beast chugs like no tomorrow. Feels like it was built in 1984.

Thought i was the only one.

80 Necro (5), 80 Guard (4), 80 Mesmer (3)
80 Ranger (3), 80 Warrior (3), 80 Thief (3)
80 Ele (2), 80 Engi (3), 80 Rev (2)

in WvW

The Game Slayer.7632

Do you guys ever play on the borderlands? It’s basically exactly what your asking for. PPT play, small scale play.

Not sure what server your on that has blobs on their BL at all times. T1 NA sure doesn’t.

Don’t get discouraged if they have some backup that shows up to defend something. Maybe you don’t get your PvD fix in but you can always try a different area or change maps.

I play on all of the maps. (Except for desert, kitten desert.) Not only are the fights very low in quality, but there are always zergs running around in the BL as well.. Not as frequently as EB, but there have been some queue’s on the bl’s some nights. I also find that the borderlands are incredibly non-conducive to roaming. The way they’re shaped, they don’t flow the people near to the center of the map like EB does. It’s pretty easy to find some fights if I circle around SM for a little, where in the borderlands you have to stick to the south towers/camps if you ever want to find fights.. (Circling SM is far better.)

The alpine borderlands used to be halfway decent when the water existed instead of the ruins. There was a central area, and nothing too crazy in the way. Sure, water fights weren’t fun, but there was always some fights to be had at the orb place with the krait. The ruins are the biggest pain in the kitten to walk through, and it might be okay if the entire map was like that, but it’s not. You have these very open, horizontal areas in most of the borderlands and then right in the middle you have this eyesore that not only looks ugly, but offers far too much verticality when compared with the rest of the map. (A huge reason why many people dislike the desert borderlands and EOTM.)

I am a teef

in WvW

displayname.8315

I play on all of the maps. (Except for desert, kitten desert.) Not only are the fights very low in quality, but there are always zergs running around in the BL as well.. Not as frequently as EB, but there have been some queue’s on the bl’s some nights. I also find that the borderlands are incredibly non-conducive to roaming. The way they’re shaped, they don’t flow the people near to the center of the map like EB does. It’s pretty easy to find some fights if I circle around SM for a little, where in the borderlands you have to stick to the south towers/camps if you ever want to find fights.. (Circling SM is far better.)

The alpine borderlands used to be halfway decent when the water existed instead of the ruins. There was a central area, and nothing too crazy in the way. Sure, water fights weren’t fun, but there was always some fights to be had at the orb place with the krait. The ruins are the biggest pain in the kitten to walk through, and it might be okay if the entire map was like that, but it’s not. You have these very open, horizontal areas in most of the borderlands and then right in the middle you have this eyesore that not only looks ugly, but offers far too much verticality when compared with the rest of the map. (A huge reason why many people dislike the desert borderlands and EOTM.)

Ah I suppose if you only play EB and hang around outside SMC you could have problems with lag eh. Why they re-raised the map cap up so high is beyond me. They should have lowered it even more IMO. That sure would give people a reason to try other servers.

The quality of BL fights meh it all depends really. I have enjoyed most of the roamers T1 has recently, little bit too much runaway thieves, druids and mesmers, but the skilled players stand out and make it fun.

JQ subsidiary

in WvW

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

@joneirikb

agree 100% with you! We are also T1 (EU) but only since this linking and we hardly play. All what we want:

- roaming (take keeps, tower and camps – ppt),
- small scale fights with guild groups

I moved my BF’s acc to RoF, ok lvl 34 in wvw .. but it’s more fun to play there! However, this should not be the purpose of a game

Please, Anet: Relink us as soon as possible, not in 1 months. Give us a place / home in a low tier.

Thing is Tinks I and many other more experienced players on WSR absolutely detested RoF by the end of our linking. The decent players I could name on one hand but it was very clear to me why they were a higher server than us pre linking, pure numbers. The amount of people just sitting there not reporting enemies attacking somewhere, building paper siege was driving just as many people out of WvW as this T1 blobfest.

A silver linking might help but I doubt it, many just want to go back to being a single server even if we end up absolute bottom. At least we are all bottom together.

in WvW

Posted by: Norbe.7630

Norbe.7630

correct me if i am wrong, from what i have understood, you wanted to have a different mode on different tiers? (i know i am wrong)
T1 is normal WvW
T2 is karma train EoTM style
T3 is King of the Hill Battle
T4 is a PvP map as big as the entire Tyria heaven for roamers where all they would do is run around the map all day long and call themselves a low tier roamers

i like the idea lel

seriously, different tiers with different modes and different maps
i wonder how will people get one server stacked on that……

edit:
as people post here about tiers, populations, roaming, etc
why not push that button Anet, give people what they want, you can end their rant with three moves and then checkmate….. Stop, Look , Listen

Duterte Death Squad [DDS]
Gate of Madness

(edited by Norbe.7630)

in WvW

Diku.2546

correct me if i am wrong, from what i have understood, you wanted to have a different mode on different tiers? (i know i am wrong)
T1 is normal WvW
T2 is karma train EoTM style
T3 is King of the Hill Battle
T4 is a PvP map as big as the entire Tyria heaven for roamers where all they would do is run around the map all day long and call themselves a low tier roamers

i like the idea lel

seriously, different tiers with different modes and different maps
i wonder how will people get one server stacked on that……

edit:
as people post here about tiers, populations, roaming, etc
why not push that button Anet, give people what they want, you can end their rant with three moves and then checkmate….. Stop, Look , Listen

Actually you have a lot of misunderstandings. I can’t correct you without the post being deleted.

Attachments:

(edited by Diku.2546)

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

OP obviously forgotten that low populated server are dead exactly because of population. OP, if you want to fight 1 v 1 or 2 then go PvP. If you can’t handle the situation where you get zerged down left and right, then don’t roam. I thought the whole point of roaming is feel proud about being able to kill random people while not getting killed by zergs.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

in WvW

Diku.2546

Can somebody tell me what we can discuss in this thread without it being deleted?

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

Can somebody tell me what we can discuss in this thread without it being deleted?

Not World versus Globes.

in WvW

Diku.2546

Not World versus Globes.

So is it ok to complain about the current state of things?