Not getting any Badges of Honor

in WvW

Posted by: waeren.9743

waeren.9743

I got ~180 badges in 4 hours after reset. I’m not sure what you’re doing but you’re doing something wrong.

in WvW

Posted by: wads.5730

wads.5730

it works the same way as tagging in PVE works. you have to do a minimum amount of damage to a player, and regardless of who else damages or finishes him, you have a chance to get a bag/badge.

in WvW

Posted by: sazaw.1347

sazaw.1347

May be, but I have level 60 guardian which I leveled in WvW since 40. I always get 6-7 badges within 2 hours at the very least.

Wrath T – Asura Necro | Don Hohenheim – Norn Guard | Bellcroxx – Human Mesmer
[DKJ] – Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: Angorm.6179

Angorm.6179

waeren.9743

I got ~180 badges in 4 hours after reset. I’m not sure what you’re doing but you’re doing something wrong.

about 23 minutes ago

There is absolutely NO WAY ON EARTH that you are getting 180 BOH in 4 hours. People have been complaining about the drop rate for months and still no reply from Anet. The general consensus is that you need to do the most damage to a player and if they are lvl 80 then all the better. It doesn’t really matter what level you are as long as you do most of the damage. Also the drop rate is about 1 in 5 kills according to many on the various forums on this subject ( and there are quite a lot).
So to get 180 in 4 hours you would have to kill around about 900 enemies in WvW since reset, not taking into account their level. Me thinks not. Not even a super duper ganking thief or gaggle of Eles could accomplish that. Maybe thats the total you got from the beginning.
I personally got 42 BOH tonight with a level 70 Necro and that was doing the JP and killing the Champion Worm.
I agree that something needs to be done about the rate of BOH drops as it is ludicrus. Even doing the JP and killing the Champions in WvW is still not good enough for a descent drop rate. Maybe thay will introduce something in the upcoming update that has everyone so excited.

Warrior, Mesmer, Engineer, Necro, Ranger, Elementalist.

in WvW

Posted by: SerraAvatar.2689

SerraAvatar.2689

its either you are not doing enough min damage, by finishing off without doing enough damage = no loot as well. And the fact that you are lv 35 means you are not using max lv exotic eqs, most likely blues and greens vs lv 80 stats with exotics. You could play a bigger part and get easier kills by handling sieges to help kill ppl like arrow carts and ballista.s

Kim Toshiro
Titan of Not Another Gaming Acronym [NAGA].

in WvW

Posted by: kerona.3465

kerona.3465

Drop rate seems to be closer to 1/4 or even 1/3 ref my kill count and amount of badges. Assuming I did not get a full loot tag on every kill, closer to 1/3?

5.5kish kills vs 1430 badges

Now give portal to engis or something so I can actually go kill stuff sometimes?

Anyways, OP probably isn’t doing loot tag % of damage.

Maguuma [PYRO]
Oblyth, Mes ~ Nadeshiko Naito, War ~ Hwertu, Gua
Evenree, Necro (M) ~ Ran Still Died, Thief

in WvW

Posted by: Tammuz.7361

Tammuz.7361

waeren.9743

about 23 minutes ago

There is absolutely NO WAY ON EARTH that you are getting 180 BOH in 4 hours. People have been complaining about the drop rate for months and still no reply from Anet. The general consensus is that you need to do the most damage to a player and if they are lvl 80 then all the better. It doesn’t really matter what level you are as long as you do most of the damage. Also the drop rate is about 1 in 5 kills according to many on the various forums on this subject ( and there are quite a lot).
So to get 180 in 4 hours you would have to kill around about 900 enemies in WvW since reset, not taking into account their level. Me thinks not. Not even a super duper ganking thief or gaggle of Eles could accomplish that. Maybe thats the total you got from the beginning.
I personally got 42 BOH tonight with a level 70 Necro and that was doing the JP and killing the Champion Worm.
I agree that something needs to be done about the rate of BOH drops as it is ludicrus. Even doing the JP and killing the Champions in WvW is still not good enough for a descent drop rate. Maybe thay will introduce something in the upcoming update that has everyone so excited.

umm, i got 175 (exact count) since reset… waeren is in my guild so its entirely possible that he got 180…

couple of things to improve your drop rate:

1) first you need to be playing a level 80… true level 80, an unscaled character is no where near as powerful as the real thing, even a badly geared level 80 is superior to a non level 80, and a properly exoticed out level 80 is a must to even begin to be competitive in WvW, this is especially true if your holding valuable WVW slots up for your server while other people sit in queue. If you had 4 hours to play tonight, you probably coulda gotten most of the way from 70 to 80 instead of spending it in wvw.
2) second, and most importantly, you need a strong guild to run with and be a part of. the name of the game is guild wars. Its not zerg wars, and its certainly not solo wars, trying to do this alone wont work, and your wasting your time in wvw if your trying to solo unless your a d/d ele or a thief. (then its ok)
3) your build and your death rate… you should be dying very VERY infrequently, if your dying frequently, your doing it wrong, total number of deaths and respawns should be on the order of maby once an hour if not less.

[VoTF] www.votf-online.net

in WvW

Posted by: Chiolas.1326

Chiolas.1326

Since I stopped having a guild my badge drop rate went down from a lot to almost none, so I say it has to do with having your guild around when you kill enemies

Quit WvW and Gw2 in August 2013

in WvW

Posted by: inbetween.5623

inbetween.5623

Do not solo. Party up. There is a minimum damage requirement for you to be credited with the kill and loot. Like a PvE mob. At lvl 35 you wont be outdamaging the masses of 80s out there and theres going to be a group of them out there partied together doin 80% of the damage to a enemy you think you killed simply because you hit it once or twice. How many enemies have you killed just by yourself? I doubt many, else youd be getting loot bags and with them the occasional badge.

in WvW

Posted by: JaredKincade.9761

JaredKincade.9761

Do aoes, lvl to 80 and party up.

Solved.

in WvW

Posted by: Dhar.6392

Dhar.6392

Agree with several of the posters

1. Have to do max damage
2. No gauruntee even if #1 is true (one exception- see below)
3. Guild affiliation is a factor (Note there is no minimum on Guild participation..and influence can be purchased…at least there wasn’t when I created my own…so getting a tag is easy.)
4. If you aren’t at 80 with full exotics… on tier 1-2… don’t do WvW with any expectations beyond having fun for the fun of it.

Most reliable badges for me is the puzzles… assuming I can do it without getting ganked in the process. They can be done everyday.

Or Siege… ballista mostly- easily the best, consistent single point damage weapon… always get badges manning one… even from npc mobs. Always.

(edited by Dhar.6392)

in WvW

Posted by: stereoblind.4736

stereoblind.4736

no you didn’t.

in WvW

Posted by: Intigo.1653

Intigo.1653

no you didn’t.

Sure he did. With constant action, that is pretty close to the amount we’re getting in RG.

This is how my Badges tab looks in my Bank right now:

Attachments:

80 Asura Elementalist – [Red Guard]
http://www.youtube.com/user/IntigoGW2

in WvW

Posted by: inbetween.5623

inbetween.5623

no you didn’t.

Who are you to claim he didnt? Its entirely possible. Especially in an organized guild playing in a Tier 1 server with countless 30-40 man zergs being wiped every 10 minutes.

in WvW

Posted by: wads.5730

wads.5730

no you didn’t.

its not hard to get that many badges. spec correctly, run with people that are good at killing people, dont get caught out of position, dont suck, and you shouldn’t die much, and you should be bathing in loot bags and badges.

i’m just hoping they add ascended gear to be purchasable with badges, so i can empty my bank/alts that are only holding badges.

in WvW

Posted by: zondarus.5798

zondarus.5798

I understand the people who post about hardly having any badges, I have just over 50, 45 of those came from doing the JP despite spending roughly a third of my total game time in WvW.

The problem is not down to the drop rate but the game mechanics regarding WvW, as somebody mentioned whether you get tagged on a drop is down to how much damage you did, hence why I hardly get any, my traits, armor and weapons are specced for healing not damage output.

You’ll probably find the people who get the most badges have exotic armor, weapons and trinkets with power/precision/crit (berserker) bonuses and have traits that also boost damage output and crit rates.

Healers (like myself) and tanks get screwed over under the current mechanics which are unlikely to change any time soon, since Anet is focused on the more crucial issue of making WvW teams more balanced. In myopinion, they should be placing a dynamic player cap on each map which is based on the team with the smallest numbers to stop them being massively outnumbered, unfortunately Anet’s approach is to wait for the tiers to stabilize in the hope that the tiers we eventually end up in are balanced, until we reach that stage, which is gonna be weeks (maybe months), other WvW issues aint gonna see much development.

in WvW

Posted by: Churchill.8714

Churchill.8714

Be in a party of 5, do minimum damage, use CTRL or ALT to find bags of loot after you wipe a group.

Drop rate is now ~1/4 – 1/5 badges/bags. Jobs that do AoE (cleaving or casting) can tag the most people, I generally have an easier time getting bags on Warrior as opposed to Thief due to the nature of the two jobs. This reset night I had 500 kills on Thief, on Warrior it probably would have been closer to 900~1100.

in WvW

Posted by: Taggund.8936

Taggund.8936

As zondarus pointed out, a support build is going to have issues with getting badges. I have a Guardian, Staff Elementalist, and Thief. The Thief does better than the other two for badges. I rarely see any on my Guardian (staff/hammer), and it is the one with the exotic gear.

The other issue is that WvW is not just about fighting groups/zergs. If you’re working to siege a tower/keep, or scout or keep watch, then you’re not doing anything to gain badges, but are helping the WvW objective.

in WvW

Posted by: Persephone.7436

Persephone.7436

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/players/Killing-blows/first#post1369441)

IMO Drop rate seems to be dependent on party damage. Fly solo=very low party damage=low/no badges. I norm get 40-70 in abt 4 hours (I play support roles so my drop rate is lower) depending on how well we are killing and if I have time to stop and pick up the bags. Our glass cannons get 120-170 over the same time period. I’m still waiting on a decent reward. I’m at 10 stacks now.

JP drop rate is much lower than good fights because its not sustainable. I really hope the remove badges from the JP’s, its bad for the community.

in WvW

Posted by: Wryscher.1432

Wryscher.1432

I do think class has a large affect on it too. If i am playing one of my classes that is ranged and dropping aoe on people I seem to get alot less. Even if I am killing around the smae amount of people.

I would say maybe it is a tagging issue but My staff ele I would say does more damage to more people then my near bunker guardian, but I get more on my guardian being in the middle of the melee.

[Sane]-Order of the Insane Disorder
Melanessa-Necromancer Cymaniel-Scrapper
Minikata-Guardian Shadyne-Elementalist -FA-

in WvW

Posted by: TheRatso.2956

TheRatso.2956

I think the increase in drop with a party and a guild is true,I had 20 badges after a month of wvw play and had 40 after running with my guild in a party for an hour,I’m only lvl 40 but my necromancer does lot of aoe and I get a lot of loot bags but most don’t contain badges

in WvW

Posted by: Tammuz.7361

Tammuz.7361

I understand the people who post about hardly having any badges, I have just over 50, 45 of those came from doing the JP despite spending roughly a third of my total game time in WvW.

The problem is not down to the drop rate but the game mechanics regarding WvW, as somebody mentioned whether you get tagged on a drop is down to how much damage you did, hence why I hardly get any, my traits, armor and weapons are specced for healing not damage output.

You’ll probably find the people who get the most badges have exotic armor, weapons and trinkets with power/precision/crit (berserker) bonuses and have traits that also boost damage output and crit rates.

Healers (like myself) and tanks get screwed over under the current mechanics which are unlikely to change any time soon, since Anet is focused on the more crucial issue of making WvW teams more balanced. In myopinion, they should be placing a dynamic player cap on each map which is based on the team with the smallest numbers to stop them being massively outnumbered, unfortunately Anet’s approach is to wait for the tiers to stabilize in the hope that the tiers we eventually end up in are balanced, until we reach that stage, which is gonna be weeks (maybe months), other WvW issues aint gonna see much development.

ok first: anyone using a buncha p/p/c gear deserves whats coming to them…

second: yes you should have a level 80 fully exoticed out before attempting wvw, especially if your going to take up valuable in game slots and leave people in queue on a reset night! WvW is END GAME CONTENT, it is the only END GAME CONTENT that ANet has seen fit to give us with and is already extreemly casual friendly and hardcore player unfriendly compared to other games. getting a new character to level 80 from level 0 and getting full exotics should take you 2-3 weeks tops if your striving to play this END GAME CONTENT.

third sorta true about the healer / tank seing less, but honestly if your doing it correctly it dosent make THAT big of a difference 90 vs 180 on a reset night for example and other than gifts of battle i have spent exactly 0 badges since the game came out, because theres nothing worthwhile to spend it on! Even if you want a set of P/v/t gear, it takes only a couple thousand badges and you can get it faster and look much cooler by running AC, HotW, and/or SE. The pic that you see above of an entire bank tab full of badges on an ele further illustrates this… right now they just take up space and look pretty! Now imagine if he could convert those badges to somi
thing useful like you can gold: do you think hed be sitting around with it taking up all that bank space?

[VoTF] www.votf-online.net

in WvW

Posted by: Alex.9268

Alex.9268

As long as you get exp you also get some bags. You are probably not doing enough damage to tag people.

in WvW

Posted by: Taggund.8936

Taggund.8936

second: yes you should have a level 80 fully exoticed out before attempting wvw, especially if your going to take up valuable in game slots and leave people in queue on a reset night! WvW is END GAME CONTENT, it is the only END GAME CONTENT that ANet has seen fit to give us with and is already extreemly casual friendly and hardcore player unfriendly compared to other games. getting a new character to level 80 from level 0 and getting full exotics should take you 2-3 weeks tops if your striving to play this END GAME CONTENT.

You may think of WvW as end game content, but for many (myself included) it is the ONLY CONTENT of interest.

in WvW

Posted by: Angorm.6179

Angorm.6179

Tammuz.7361
“second: yes you should have a level 80 fully exoticed out before attempting wvw, especially if your going to take up valuable in game slots and leave people in queue on a reset night! WvW is END GAME CONTENT,”

Firstly WvW is not End-Game Content as you can play as soon as you have finished your intro story. If it was then you wouldn’t be allowed in.

Secondly, NO_ONE has the right to decide who goes into WvW. It is for everyone, no matter what level you are. So complaining about people taking up precious slots is wrong. WvW is not exclusive for level 80’s with exotics. Everyone has the right to play how they want, and where they want.

Thirdly, people have probably completed the game with various characters and so want something different. So they create characters for WvW. The end in the main game is repetitive so people want variety.

I have completed the game with 3 characters and now have another 3 characters which I started WvW at level 10 with, They have ranked up quicker in WvW and now are just short of level 80. I have had no problems, and find it easy to level up within small sniping groups, as it wields more BOH and XP due to capturing control points and camps.

Warrior, Mesmer, Engineer, Necro, Ranger, Elementalist.

in WvW

Posted by: LieutenantGoogle.7326

LieutenantGoogle.7326

I forgot to mention something which is I am level 35 and not max level…does it have an impact?

Theres your problem, even upscaled. non-max level characters that aren’t cladded in at least rare equipment s are in a huge combat to combat disadvantage.

You’ll usually need to deal at least 2,500 damage before you “tag” someone for a kill reward.

WvW is designed for lv80s but with non lv80 access.

lv80 with skills fully unlocked, warrior, elementalist and engineer
lv80 Necromancer, all professional skills unlocked, working on the final norn elite skills.

in WvW

Posted by: Warlord Lu Bu.7905

Warlord Lu Bu.7905

Not sure why there are so many complaints about not getting badges.

All you have to do is tag, and move on. (and make sure you pick up your loot bags before they vanish)

Best I’ve ever done is gain 74 badges (226 kills) in an intense 60 minute fight. I’m also a healer style Guardian, although you DO get credit for kills via Retaliation Buff.

War Legend Lu Bu – Commander
[WäR] Warband of Absolute Retribution
Borlis Pass

in WvW

Posted by: Terra Dactyl.2047

Terra Dactyl.2047

“WvW is not exclusive for level 80’s with exotics. Everyone has the right to play how they want, and where they want.”

Yeah, they’re just going to get jack squat for loot (and make threads like this) and die multiple times in most encounters to stray aoes (and rally opposing players when they do).

They can do it, but there’s no question that they’re more of a liability than an asset to the people around them (frankly most glass cannon 80s are pretty much in the same boat). And it’s frustrating when your guild has several geared out 80s sitting in a queue for 2 hours while a blob of people with green arrows over their heads follow you around constantly rallying the enemies you’re trying to kill.

Thankfully it’s usually only a small handful of upscaled people on FA.

in WvW

Posted by: zen.6091

zen.6091

Run with a big “field” guild, GC build, might stacks from fire field, 25 stacks of bloodlust, run through veil, smash all keys doing big AoE damage, pick up all the bags. You are now a an honorable pro at WvW with the badges to prove it!

in WvW

Posted by: SafeFatNoob.3156

SafeFatNoob.3156

Stay in front of people. You only need to do 10% damage to the player.

I’m safe. I’m fat. I’m a noob.

in WvW

Posted by: Ruin.3461

Ruin.3461

Your being level 35 probably has a lot to do with it. You need to be able to deal enough damage to get kill credit, which can be very difficult at low levels. When you use the finisher you automatically get kill credit because you killed them.

Tier 1 Casual

in WvW

Posted by: Kalan.9705

Kalan.9705

I have approx 500 hours in WvW nearly all on my level 80 main. I have sub 500 badges earned total to date over all 5 months. I loot all bags that appear, they simply almost never appear no matter how much damage I do.

5 months is a long period of consistent empirical data, comparing to the massive droprate most people enjoy. Is it even possible that certain accounts or classes or characters could be broken for droprate? I know weird things happen with code sometimes but that just sounds so unlikely, but yet I have the personal evidence to support that something is clearly wrong.

in WvW

Intigo.1653

I have approx 500 hours in WvW nearly all on my level 80 main. I have sub 500 badges earned total to date over all 5 months. I loot all bags that appear, they simply almost never appear no matter how much damage I do.

5 months is a long period of consistent empirical data, comparing to the massive droprate most people enjoy. Is it even possible that certain accounts or classes or characters could be broken for droprate? I know weird things happen with code sometimes but that just sounds so unlikely, but yet I have the personal evidence to support that something is clearly wrong.

Are you grouped up to maximize the amount you tag (and damage you deal tagging-wise)? What’s your total amount of kills?

in WvW

Posted by: Will.9785

Will.9785

I’m in the same boat as the op. Have like 1000 kills and 67 badges… most of them are from map completion.

Edit: I get XP, but bags don’t drop.

(edited by Will.9785)

in WvW

Posted by: Kalan.9705

Kalan.9705

I have 3476 kills. I guess I should stop healing downed allies and only ever run burst specs not support, and only run in groups, changing groups every time someone leaves.

That’s really kitten awful game design though, severely punishing team and positive objective oriented play.

There is a way to fix this, grant retro-actively large numbers of badges for levels in all the different WvW achievements.

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: ryan.3915

ryan.3915

Use seige weapons. 50 max target and lots of damage regardless of your setup and level. Lovely against zergs.

Blaine Warbler, Thief
EDMW, Jade Quarry.
I still love Crystal Dessert tho.

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

From what I understand, much like pve mobs, you have to be the one to tag the enemy first to get a chance at any badges … often you’ll just get junk, even if you do tag them first. So if you hit them before anyone else, and even if your teammates kill them off, you’ll get the badges.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Intigo.1653

I have 3476 kills. I guess I should stop healing downed allies and only ever run burst specs not support, and only run in groups, changing groups every time someone leaves.

That’s really kitten awful game design though, severely punishing team and positive objective oriented play.

There is a way to fix this, grant retro-actively large numbers of badges for levels in all the different WvW achievements.

This is true. Badges are awarded in a very biased fashion, just as kills are. It’s heavily favored those who actually deal damage as opposed to those who play a more support-based role. It’s something ANet should address, but are unlikely to actually do.

Your kill count for 500 hours is very low though. You should try to join a more WvW-focused guild (since you seem to enjoy it) where you are always grouped. It will allow you to tag (and “deal damage” tagging-wise) far easier.