OP upscaling - lvl21 thief vs lvl80s (vid)

in WvW

Posted by: Xeloren.1682

Xeloren.1682

I did another lowbie video, with Hodor as a thief this time, for fun, and also to point out a few things.

Upscaling system is ridiclulous for low level (lvl10-20) characters, the upscaling multiplier for a stat on lvl20 is ‘8’, so putting 10 points on critical strikes gives you +800 precision and +80% crit dmg. Max out them with armor/trinket stats, runes, nuggets and food, and you can get 120%crit dmg, 3k attack and ~50% crit chance on lvl20…. WTF?

True, i didn’t have the necessary stealth traits, but the main problem is , as you level up, your stats getting worse and worse, and the traits you get instead can’t compensate the loss of stats, so its unfair that a lvl10-20 character is much stronger than a lvl60.

Anet said something about fixing the condition upscaling with the next patch,
well they should as it is ridiculous atm, you can see it in any of the older videos. Even if the opponents were bad players, it is still not okay.

lvl 10 warrior: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HixNwGVDOb4
lvl 10 mesmer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=me5xCNgVNgs
lvl 11 engi: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQY0cK8KrVk
lvl 11 necro: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZHmO4Pb9Bc
lvl 12 ranger: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEF69Fewgmg

Pls Anet nerf or fix the upscaling in wvw.

Xeloren [TUP]

in WvW

Posted by: Sororita.3465

Sororita.3465

up scaling sure gets ridiculous…

Attachments:

Commander Starlight Honeybuns[BUNS]
Timelord to Lillium Honeybuns, IoJ
Forever together, or not at all.

in WvW

Posted by: EFWinters.5421

EFWinters.5421

I don’t get it? You are killing absolutely terribad players, and then say it’s not OK?

So what’s the upscaling system there for then? Should all <80 players just have a flat 100hp so they can be one-shotted consistently?

Human Guardian
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Xeloren.1682

No, my point is, upscaling isn’t fair atm. Higher level players shouldn’t be weaker than low lvl characters, but they are. It isn’t okay that lvl10-20 toons are more viable for wvw then higher lvl ones.

Xeloren [TUP]

in WvW

Posted by: Poxheart.2845

Poxheart.2845

No, my point is, upscaling isn’t fair atm. Higher level players shouldn’t be weaker than low lvl characters, but they are. It isn’t okay that lvl10-20 toons are more viable for wvw then higher lvl ones.

The people you fought were not very skilled, that is why you won those fights. Upscaling and/or character strength has nothing to do with it.

Poxheart
Knights of the WhiteWolf

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Problem is that after some point you can put own full own level green gear on and your stats are still low as kitten.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

Bad players or not, wheres all the thieves telling us that an up level thief cannot kill 80’s ? Whats the next excuse ?

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Seems u know what ur doing, unlike them ( perhaps no skills or kittenty builds )

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

EFWinters.5421

Higher level players shouldn’t be weaker than low lvl characters, but they are.

How? You wouldn’t stand a chance against any half-decent 80’s. The people you killed were absolutely awful, and that’s the only reason you killed them.

Human Guardian
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Okaishi.8320

Okaishi.8320

Bad players or not, wheres all the thieves telling us that an up level thief cannot kill 80’s ? Whats the next excuse ?

This is hardly thief related, any good player with that upscaling can beat lvl 80s regardless of what class he’s playing.

Member of TUP on Gandara

in WvW

Xeloren.1682

Higher level players shouldn’t be weaker than low lvl characters, but they are.

How? You wouldn’t stand a chance against any half-decent 80’s. The people you killed were absolutely awful, and that’s the only reason you killed them.

I said higher level, not highest level, so it means around lvl30-70. As others also said, even if you have greens, etc. your stats will be crappy. I go further, on lvl80 your stats are still crappy in greens, you can probaly have half of that you can max out on lvl 10-20. I don’t think it’s okay this way. Sure you have all the traits, but even if you are a half-decent or decent lvl 80 player in greens, you may lose against a decent upscaled lvl 20 who has a good counterbuild (i’m not talking about thieves coz they really need the traits for proper play, but condition mesmers or rangers for example).
I know most of the opponents were bad in these videos, tho i’m sure some of them had only greens or something like that, and even if they aren’t bad, they couldn’t win cause they didn’t have the stats for that. But at least they have the chance to get exotics, while characters under lvl75 don’t, so they have no way to be that strong as lvl10s. It’s just funny.

Xeloren [TUP]

in WvW

Posted by: SQLOwns.7316

SQLOwns.7316

upscaling isn’t broken, overall class balance is.

SQL Owns – Elementalist
Dragon Steel [DSL]
Henge of Denravi

in WvW

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

Upscaled low level players have less traits or skills unlocked. But still seems pretty bugged. I’d move this to the bug report section.

Seems a bit very high. I think they made this only with PvE in mind cause there often are time limited events where they also want new players to be able to participate and maybe this is to make up for the still locked traits and stuff – so they upscale a lot higher. (Can’t see another reason).

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

I have never died to an up arrow at least not one that wasn’t surrounded by several non-up levels. I get what you are saying but the lack of an elite, fewer stat gear and lower WvW ranks makes any up level too squishy to be particularly dangerous to a decently skilled player.

Duels will quick reveal just how under powered even a big stat bonus will have. Show me a video popping someone from a skill guild and I will be impressed.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

EFWinters.5421

even if you are a half-decent or decent lvl 80 player in greens, you may lose against a decent upscaled lvl 20 who has a good counterbuild

Which brings me back to my original question of why the upscaling system is there in the first place, if you just want level to determine who wins?

(Even though I think you are 100% wrong in this assessment)

Human Guardian
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Haruka.9624

Haruka.9624

I love twink. I dont want narf, But my Lv2 toon OP.

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

Lol ya lvl 2 rangers with 27k hp, from just using food.

in WvW

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

I did another lowbie video, with Hodor as a thief this time, for fun, and also to point out a few things.

Upscaling system is ridiclulous for low level (lvl10-20) characters, the upscaling multiplier for a stat on lvl20 is ‘8’, so putting 10 points on critical strikes gives you +800 precision and +80% crit dmg. Max out them with armor/trinket stats, runes, nuggets and food, and you can get 120%crit dmg, 3k attack and ~50% crit chance on lvl20…. WTF?

True, i didn’t have the necessary stealth traits, but the main problem is , as you level up, your stats getting worse and worse, and the traits you get instead can’t compensate the loss of stats, so its unfair that a lvl10-20 character is much stronger than a lvl60.

well they should as it is ridiculous atm, you can see it in any of the older videos. Even if the opponents were bad players, it is still not okay.

lvl 10 warrior: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HixNwGVDOb4
lvl 10 mesmer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=me5xCNgVNgs
lvl 11 engi: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQY0cK8KrVk
lvl 11 necro: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZHmO4Pb9Bc
lvl 12 ranger: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEF69Fewgmg

Absolute bullkitten. The players you were fighting were nothing short of horrible. And my level 80 thief hits 10k where yours does 2k. I’m actually a fan of making upscaled characters as strong as level 80s. That’s the way it should be, because WvW isn’t play to win, but serious competition, or so it claims to be.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

This is hardly thief related, any good player with that upscaling can beat lvl 80s regardless of what class he’s playing.

So should we play the “Let’s go Digging for Threads” game ? I’m not even saying thieves are OP but for the number of times its been posted how its just not possible for an upscaled thief to kill and 80 this is pretty ironic.

in WvW

Posted by: Carpboy.7145

Carpboy.7145

Could you make these available to watch on mobile?

The Use of the Word ‘Cheese’
Lyss The Shadow
Legendary Champion of DB [EDGE]

in WvW

Posted by: Have No Faith In Me.1840

Have No Faith In Me.1840

Funny…. all this time I’ve had the mindset that upscaled characters are free bags.

Why do I kill upscaled players without any effort?

Your thread makes upscale sound really overpowered, fact is in game, it is garbage.

in WvW

Posted by: Madora.9340

Madora.9340

Seems like you’re still a one-trick pony, and the fact that you will inevitably level up and get worse just makes it seem like a novelty, really. Hitting for 181% of 200 damage isn’t that much to be honest. :p

in WvW

Posted by: Master of Timespace.2548

Master of Timespace.2548

How it is better than my lvl 80 thief with 4k attack, 120%+ crit damage and 50% crit chance, not to mention full traits, is beyond me though.
Oh not to mention that upscaling DOES NOT scale weapon damage, which means your direct damage will be terrible*. You need to go condition if you actually want to troll as an upscale.

*The attack indicator is misleading and does not represent your damage at all. It just sums up your power and weapon damage which makes no sense given the formula of damage:
Damage done = (Weapon Strength) * Power * (skill-specific coefficient) / (target’s Armor)

? <(^-^><)>^-^)> <(^-^)> ?

(edited by Master of Timespace.2548)

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Completely agree, as I took a level 55 Guardian in last night and scaling wasn’t good. You’ll have to buy new gear every two levels to keep up with the power creep of Ascended 80’s.

btw… go into a Keep/tower/camp and see how much further it scales I haven’t even looked to see what happens with Superior Bloodlust too. Rolling a new alt tonight to see.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in WvW

Xeloren.1682

Many people misses my main point here… the upscaling on low level is too OP compared to the upscaling on higher levels and lvl80s without proper exotic gear. You can’t do the same things with a higher level character that you can do on low level, even if you have elites, etc, it doesnt matter, so it’s unbalanced and unfair. The solution would be to nerf the upscaling of lvl10-20 chars, and that’s all.

Most of the upscaled players in wvw don’t know how to max out these stats, or they are already on higher level, of course they will be garbage and free bags.

About the 2k backstab, you should know a thief can’t have 100%crit chance from stealth on lvl20, so if the attack doesn’t crit, it will be around 2k, when it crits, its 4-7k, depending on the opponents armor. But that’s why it was harder with a thief than with the other classes, thieves relies more on traits, so take a look at the others, you just can’t ignore 10stacks of bleed which ticks for 115 and stuff like that if you are not built against conditions.

Xeloren [TUP]

(edited by Xeloren.1682)

in WvW

Player Character.9467

Funny…. all this time I’ve had the mindset that upscaled characters are free bags.

Your thread makes upscale sound really overpowered, fact is in game, it is garbage.

My lvl 4 with 2100 condition dmg says hi.

in WvW

Posted by: Zephyrus.9680

Zephyrus.9680

Think everyone missed the point. Uplevels are worse than lvl 80s. Period. But OP is saying that a level 20, for example, is stronger than a lvl 60 in terms of stats, because of how its scaled.

Zefyres – Ele | Maguuma | (ex) top100 solo/teamQ casual | Youtube

in WvW

Posted by: SmoothHussler.6387

SmoothHussler.6387

Some of those people were keyboard turning you know.

Just saying.

Maguuma: Thug Life: [DERP][ME][PYRO] and other assorted dead guilds.

in WvW

Posted by: Aura of Sacrifice.3457

Aura of Sacrifice.3457

You’re not hitting any harder than a thief with full ascendeds.

in WvW

Player Character.9467

You’re not hitting any harder than a thief with full ascendeds.

And yet, twice as hard as a decently geared lvl 58.

in WvW

Zephyrus.9680

Maybe not quite on topic but, 1v5 uplevel thieves + a lvl 80 to put that part in context :P

in WvW

Posted by: sirflamesword.3896

sirflamesword.3896

Maybe not quite on topic but, 1v5 uplevel thieves + a lvl 80 to put that part in context :P

No offense because I think that was some awesome thief play, but I hope they Alt f4d and uninstalled.

Pinnacle of Responsibility[Mom]-Yaks Bend
Unstable Shield, Unstable Light

in WvW

Posted by: hihey.1075

hihey.1075

I watched that video just for the lolz.
Could you tell me at what time of the day you were playing when you recorded? GH fill be fighting AM in the leagues so I want to know when AM people are going to willingly get away from the blob and get killed like kitten.

The best part was:
1) a zerker staff ele, rank COLONEL, who stayed in Fire Attunement for the whole duration of the fight, spamming 1 and 2 when it was off CD.
2) the Healing Signet-Hammer Warrior who ACTIVATED healing signet when at 40% health.
3) the engineer who stood still for the whole duration of the fight

Pillow Cake
Worst Thief EU
One Handed One vs One Videos

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

People have always said that upscaling in WvW is unbalanced but in my experience, they always get cut down like little twigs by 80s. Yeah so you can get 80% crit chance and 120% crit damage… Which barely seem to hurt a level 80 character. Armor scaling seems similar like in PvE, which means lower levels never stand a chance. Fighting an 80 vs 20 in WvW is like fighting a Veteran Risen Giant in Orr vs fighting a Grawl in Ascalon Fields. You are “scaled appropriatly” by the game… Yeah right.

in WvW

Zephyrus.9680

No offense because I think that was some awesome thief play, but I hope they Alt f4d and uninstalled.

Yea just posted for lols. Honestly, I think the biggest disadvantage of uplevels is most don’t know how to play the class yet and don’t know what build they’re going to use.

But it seems in general condition builds at low levels are disproportionately strong because the stats come distributed from gear while power builds are more reliant on the base damage of the weapon which benefits more from lvl 80 exotic/ascended.

So uplevels actually can have much higher condition damage than lvl 80s which is not the same with direct damage since 80s benefit more from weapon base damage.

in WvW

Zephyrus.9680

So should we play the “Let’s go Digging for Threads” game ? I’m not even saying thieves are OP but for the number of times its been posted how its just not possible for an upscaled thief to kill and 80 this is pretty ironic.

That’s some serious tunnel vision. He even posted his other videos in the OP. I only watched the warrior one but it’s much better than the thief one (where he could only kill zerker chars that seemed semi afk).

in WvW

Posted by: Grevender.9235

Grevender.9235

just out of curiosity, where is the low level elementalist test? /trollface

in WvW

Have No Faith In Me.1840

My lvl 4 with 2100 condition dmg says hi.

/wave
/pick up loot bag
/hold a candlelight vigil mourning the loss of a character so young

in WvW

Xeloren.1682

Yea just posted for lols. Honestly, I think the biggest disadvantage of uplevels is most don’t know how to play the class yet and don’t know what build they’re going to use.

But it seems in general condition builds at low levels are disproportionately strong because the stats come distributed from gear while power builds are more reliant on the base damage of the weapon which benefits more from lvl 80 exotic/ascended.

Exactly.
(That video is beautiful btw)

I’m terrible with ele, that’s why i didn’t do a lowbie elementalist movie, and eles relies on traits as much as thieves, if not more. But i can offer a 10g prize for the first player who makes a video like these with an elementalist.

Xeloren [TUP]

in WvW

Posted by: Skroo.1560

Skroo.1560

Hooray for 90% of replies completely missing the point of the OP.

The point is this:

You can twink a level 2 harder than a level 60 and that doesn’t seem to make sense. It had nothing to do with him killing 80’s that were nooblords.

Skroo [POV][ROLL] – Yak’s Bend

in WvW

Have No Faith In Me.1840

Hooray for 90% of replies completely missing the point of the OP.

The point is this:

You can twink a level 2 harder than a level 60 and that doesn’t seem to make sense. It had nothing to do with him killing 80’s that were nooblords.

No traits, no utilities, no weapon swap.

No worries.

in WvW

Posted by: TheGreatA.4192

TheGreatA.4192

I can definitely beat even very good players with my lvl20 warrior who has 3500 armor and 1500+ condi dmg (applying loads of bleed, burning and torment). While they weren’t anything great, I took down 3 players from the same guild with it.

The scaling is definitely off and needs to be fixed.

Metsän Suojelija (guard)/Puun Halaaja (engi)/Pieni Musta Rotta (warrior)/Viher Rauha (necro)

in WvW

Posted by: Avster.1935

Avster.1935

In a ZvZ, upscale classes will melt :\ not enough utility and traits to offset conditions

Evelyn Whitehawk | Exalted Legend | Demons’s Demise | I Transmuted My Legendary Medium Coat

in WvW

Xeloren.1682

Lvl 20 warrior can have 3,7k armor with 36k HP, 2 condi removal utility, with the OP healing signet, and 1k condi damage or something else, it’s ridiculous, and more than enough for zerging, or killing not good players.

Anet said something about fixing the condition upscaling with the “balance patch”, well, nothing’s changed, gj Anet. (Though they finally fixed rune of paralyzation that everyone was waiting for… oh wait. But it is another topic.)

Xeloren [TUP]

in WvW

Posted by: roamzero.9486

roamzero.9486

have you tried using those half-eaten weapons that have boosted low-level stats?