Oasis Idea

Oasis Idea

in WvW

Posted by: Spurnshadow.3678

Spurnshadow.3678

Since DBL came out, there’s been a lot of ideas on what to do with this middle area. I think it’s more relevant now since they deactivated the oasis, and it would spice up WvW a bit.

Here’s mine:

Add a waypoint which is inactive. In order to activate it, there would be three capture points a decent distance away that would need to be held, like bloodlust. I think it would be op for it to always be up. So, instead of it being on all the time until someone else takes it away, have it on a 15 minute decay, then it goes inactive again. This would give something more and impactful for small groups to do, and alleviate some of the complainers about how it’s a pain to get around the map.

Blackgate Native. It takes tremendous strength and skill to pull a lever.

Oasis Idea

in WvW

Posted by: ThomasC.1056

ThomasC.1056

Interesting idea. I like it ! With a WP roughly in the middle, it’d indeed make travels easier.

That idea would also work well with an idea that sometimes pop : putting fast travel utilities from one tower to another (like skritt tunnels). We could envision to trigger them on and off through the same mechanic you’re saying.

Oasis Idea

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Scrap the waypoints and make this capnodes used for bloodlust, like you know they have on alpine borders.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

Oasis Idea

in WvW

Posted by: Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace.4275

may be they can add a role play area, like in southsun cove.

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

gw1 – healing signet/frenzy/charge

Oasis Idea

in WvW

Posted by: AllNightPlayer.1286

AllNightPlayer.1286

may be they can add a role play area, like in southsun cove.

As a WvW player, I’m always looking for easy preys to satisfy “my bloodlust”. And roleplayers are even simplier to kill than resource farming PvE players.
So, thumbs up for this area!

Oasis Idea

in WvW

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Make a huge endless-pit crater out of it.
The map is too big already and I’m convinced a donut shaped map would work well from a gameplay perspective.

Oasis Idea

in WvW

Posted by: Pelto.9364

Pelto.9364

Not another Oasis event. Just no! If DBL would have more players, then the wp shrines would be defended, but I think a new Oasis event attracts 0 players to DBL. You may come to DBL now if you fancy the map that much. Looking toward seeing Spurnshadow, ThomasC, and all roleplayers there.

Oasis Idea

in WvW

Posted by: Spurnshadow.3678

Spurnshadow.3678

I don’t think you know what role playing means.

Blackgate Native. It takes tremendous strength and skill to pull a lever.

Oasis Idea

in WvW

Posted by: Imhottep.8504

Imhottep.8504

Just remove the struture in the middle, and make it a huge and +- flat fighting area, where small guilds or zone blobs can fight in an equal playing field, and with similar waypoint distance, without the need to go Obsidian Sanctum.

Oasis Idea

in WvW

Posted by: Korgov.7645

Korgov.7645

I think Oasis waypoint has been suggested before. But it’s not a bad idea at all.

The waypoint needs to be protected from enemy campers and siege fire. On top of a cliff, a tower around it, inside a cave or something like that.

About the bloodlust suggestion: I like it that there is not enough bloodlust for all teams. That creates some competition.

I don’t have statistics but I’d imagine points from finishers are not that significant percentage of the total warscore. Players tend to mindlessly spam ranged AoE skills on enemies , downed or otherwise, and not risk going in for a stomp.

Sulkshine – Mesmer
This won’t hurt [Much]
Ring of Fire

Oasis Idea

in WvW

Posted by: Taobella.6597

Taobella.6597

love a giant castle there <3

Oasis Idea

in WvW

Posted by: PariahX.6970

PariahX.6970

Yeah I think it has been suggested before but I still agree with the basic premise as long as the event is not lag inducing, protected from siege camping somehow (dome the top of the pyramid?) and some of those dastardly dino’s get a relocate so jungle battles in the surroundings don’t get so many PvE adds. Given how much people whine about the bloodlust capture points wasting space on Alpine I am surprised to see so many wanting them on Desert too but whatever floats your boat, just sad to see the center gets so little traffic these days.

~Xylla~ [oG] on Ehmry Bay [PiXi]
Xyleia Luxuria / Sweet Little Agony / Morning Glory Wine / Precious Illusionz /
Near Fanstastica /Ocean at the End / Blue Eyed Hexe / Andro Queen / Indie Cindee . . .