Objective Claiming by ANeT - unprofessional

in WvW

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

I’d have to agree with Heibi on this one; Playing the game is fine. But even being in their own guild rather than “incognito” is already bad enough. If they’re not going to spread equally across all servers they shouldn’t be flying their company colours.

I believe that they are spread across multiple servers. Maybe not all servers, and maybe not equally. But why should they?

When they’re in-game, they’re just playing a game. They are no different than you and me, except they know a bit more about the game in some places.

They get no benefits, they don’t have some company exploits they use.

This argument is just silly, that they cannot play their game the way they want to play it, as players.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in WvW

Posted by: Omnia Wind.2108

Omnia Wind.2108

Well we lost it, so it doesn’t matter anymore.

~Omnia
Yak’s Bend FO LYFE [AI] [AGI]
minipets will be the death of me

in WvW

Posted by: BadMed.3846

BadMed.3846

1. ANeT is the administrator for this game.
2. Being an ANeT dev should be considered a privilege and it should not be used to favor any server.
3. ANeT claiming any objective in WvW shows favoritism.
4. Showing any favoritism of any kind to specific servers is extremely unprofessional.

I’m sure that ANET is capable enough to share the favoritism around to maintain balance. I see no issue whatsoever with what they are doing. In fact, I find it encouraging for the community. I love seeing the development team actively participating in the gameplay and being visible. It shows that they care.

in WvW

Posted by: Warhawk.7095

Warhawk.7095

OP claims to be from a “military background”, I cannot even imagine how you managed to deal with that when something as inconsequential as a banner draped over a keep wall has you this kitten. The server is not gaining an advantage in any measurable way, and you are not being victimized. At this late point in the game you should be thrilled to know that Anet even logs into wvw.

Rogue Spectre [Main]/[SNKY]
Fergyson’s Crosswalk
WvW Roamer, lover, fighter, and reckless glass cannon

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

One guild member having pride in the server they’re a part of doesn’t represent the feelings of the entire [ArenaNet] guild. There is no favortism.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

hehehe i think it is nice to have them doing that i would even dont might to fight aginst a ful dev guild , im playing on sos/nsp side.

Actually would be visually interesting (eye candy) to see guild tag the way we see Anet tag on claiming.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in WvW

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

It’s awesome that the devs are active.

Go hunt their pixels down instead of coming to the forums.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

What’s interesting about this thread is that longtime WvWers get it. The ones complaining are pve players.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Wish they claimed a keep or tower on the server i oppose. Hunting for anet tags all day would be come the new national sport.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: Famine.7915

Famine.7915

Anet does not use administrative power to capture and claim keeps. It is not a privilage to work at Anet. Despite what you may think, people actually have to apply and work their kitten off to get decent jobs and you are sitting here as if they are handed everything. Get your head out of your kitten and do something about them taking your keep. They aren’t going to take your kitten using any means not already available to you as a player.

Vee/Volk
Maguuma – Predatory Instinct [HUNT]
Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: Heibi.4251

Heibi.4251

I just love how some people start attacking the person and not the message.

@Jayne – sorry to burst your bubble, I’m not a pve only player. I’m a long time very experienced WvW player.
@Warhawk – favortisim of any form was not inconsequential in the military. And it is the same when an admin based guild shows it.
@Konig – nowhere in this thread did I say ANeT couldn’t play their own game.

I love how the negative comments remind me of all the WvW players who said everyone hates the desert BL. But a poll proved them wrong. Sometimes the single voice is just what is needed to create change or get an official policy. If ANeT wants to create a poll about this and folks see no problem with them claiming then so be it. But currently, even though I’m the only one here questioning this practice, I know of many more who find it troubling.

Leader of Central Anime(CA)
Tifa Ran/Ranger with a Pet
Commander WvW – Henge of Denravi

in WvW

Heibi.4251

3. ANeT claiming any objective in WvW shows favoritism.

Nice of you to use our subtitles(Central Anime’s). Thanks. But that is not on topic.

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Its only unprofessional if they dont have +5.

in WvW

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

Its a way to show that they do indeed play the game.
If you gonna post a picture to reinforce your complaining about anet claiming, atleast have the wp unlocked.

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

The bigger question is: Why did SBIHoD and SoSNsP let that stand since reset?! Get out there and take that thing down.

I know its hard to take down a defended YB fortification but this is a perfect opportunity to play the game as its meant to be played. That’s why its WvWvW, 2v1 that sucker. SBIHoD and SoSNsP should both attack it in tandem. Those are some of the most fun fights where all 3 servers are in a keep trying to take it down. I wish that would happen more. And if Anet claiming keeps leads to it then I say, Claim more stuff Anet!

in WvW

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

If you gonna post a picture to reinforce your complaining about anet claiming, atleast have the wp unlocked.

can’t get the wp since anet claimed it with special powers

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

in WvW

Heibi.4251

New toon. Even a long time WvW player should now that new toons don’t get the WPs in objectives you haven’t been in.

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

Well this thread is pointless.

They claimed a keep, get over it.

in WvW

Posted by: ventusthunder.5067

ventusthunder.5067

For gods sake you would think that the people who made this game would be able to play this game.

As if it isn’t bad enough that everyone repping the Anet tag gets freaking focused out and jumped on and screenshotted because MOM I KILLED A DEV!

collector of liquid aurillium

in WvW

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

For gods sake you would think that the people who made this game would be able to play this game.

As if it isn’t bad enough that everyone repping the Anet tag gets freaking focused out and jumped on and screenshotted because MOM I KILLED A DEV!

https://youtu.be/m90hUvVhSDE

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

in WvW

Posted by: Josh XT.6053

Josh XT.6053

I didn’t bother reading people’s replies because I have no time lol.

People want ANET to play their game mode so they can know what we, the players, want. Then when they play the game as if they’re any other people, people complain???

Get real man. It isn’t unprofessional for them to play the game as we would, it is actually really nice to see. You should be thanking them for making their presence in WvW known.

Asphyxia [XT] – Fort Aspenwood Roamer
Twitch Stream – AsphyxiaXT
My Builds at Asphyxia.tv/builds

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

- nowhere in this thread did I say ANeT couldn’t play their own game.

They just have to play it by your made up rules right?

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

in WvW

Heibi.4251

No, I want ANeT to play by their rules, and they have not made an official policy where this is involved. ANeT is the ruler of this game. The ruler must be impartial or at least establish rules that they as admins must play by.

What would be nice here would be for an official response to come down on either side of this discussion. People telling me I’m wrong does not change the fact that ANeT is supposed to be the representative of ALL the players. I will continue until an official policy is established.

in WvW

Posted by: VaaCrow.3076

VaaCrow.3076

No, I want ANeT to play by their rules, and they have not made an official policy where this is involved. ANeT is the ruler of this game. The ruler must be impartial or at least establish rules that they as admins must play by.

What would be nice here would be for an official response to come down on either side of this discussion. People telling me I’m wrong does not change the fact that ANeT is supposed to be the representative of ALL the players. I will continue until an official policy is established.

They don’t need an official policy. Also anet can do what they wish, how do you not understand this? What you think does not matter, you are the only one with this silly complaint, i’d love to have anet claim an enemy fort, it’d be so much sweeter to flip than normal. I think you’ve gone and lost the plot private pyle.

[Rise] Madness Rises Guild Leader [Kei Shade-ranger]
May our BL break all foes. Fear our babou!
Gunnars Hold Represent! <3

in WvW

Posted by: ventusthunder.5067

ventusthunder.5067

https://youtu.be/m90hUvVhSDE

Good lord it’s been forever since I’ve seen Gismor. That video has always been quite hilarious, I’ll admit.

collector of liquid aurillium

in WvW

Posted by: Noob Saibot.4087

Noob Saibot.4087

In need of a daily dose of comedy?
Look no further … This thread delivers!

… And I thought my jokes were bad.

in WvW

Posted by: lioka qiao.8734

lioka qiao.8734

Way I understand this is that during saturday night’s raid they needed an extra guild to claim it so they could put a +5 on it. The ANET dev was running with the raid at the time under another guild tag and they used the ANET guild as an extra guild. All the buffs on it came from player guilds.

Little red Lioka

in WvW

Heibi.4251

Way I understand this is that during saturday night’s raid they needed an extra guild to claim it so they could put a +5 on it. The ANET dev was running with the raid at the time under another guild tag and they used the ANET guild as an extra guild. All the buffs on it came from player guilds.

The claiming guild’s buffs(stat boosts, speed, loot bonuses etc) are what take effect, not the “other” guilds. Now, tactivators are another story. Other guilds can set up tativators.

in WvW

Posted by: Sarika.3756

Sarika.3756

I’ve seen Anet claim structures (including keeps) on servers I’ve been on and servers I’ve been fighting forever. It’s no big deal.

Except that flying the Anet tag is like waving a red flag in front of a bull. Want to lose that structure? An Anet guild tag is guaranteed to bring attention.

Personally, I think it’s a great way to get people to break in and fight. Too bad I was out sick this weekend.

in WvW

Posted by: Thorfinnr Sleggja.1209

Thorfinnr Sleggja.1209

Full disclosure: I play on HoD. I have been in groups commanded by Tifa(OP).

1. I stay out of politcal crap, as I play this game for fun…FUN I SAY!!!
2. Tifa is a good guy. He doesn’t QQ about stuff, and the personal attacks lessen any counterpoint anyone would provide.
3. That being said, I don’t see it as Favoritism…more like a “conflict of interest”(as someone pointed out before).
4. After talking with a few devs in my time in game, I do not think they would give themselves “magical upgrades” as unless they have the DEV tag popped, they are usually just playing to see how things are running and/or just to have some fun like the rest of us.
5. Also, I believe ANET players float around to different servers, probably more than we actually know, to share in the player experience in different places and also to see how things are on each server. lol…and that’s a good thing.

IF an ANET player claimed something per request of the server they are playing on to “make a statement”. IF that were to happen, I could understand some players being demoralized and thinking that ANET was supporting one server over another WITH THAT ACTION. Note I am not saying that has happened, or anything like that.

I want to see ANET in game. I want them to have a vested interest in how the game runs(not just being paid to make sure it runs), and working to make it as much fun for everyone as they can.

Perhaps this could be a possible solution(it could be an “unofficial” rule):

ANET Guild players only claim camps and towers IF they are running 5 or fewer players on a given server.

ANET only claims Keeps and Garrisons when they are running minimum 10 ANET Guild players, and also have a Commander Tag up.

I see both sides of this discussion, and both have some valid points and concerns. But discussion is they way to find a solution, not personal attacks or a “just quit whining” attitude.

If I see a place claimed by ANET on a server we oppose, I hope they are defending it, and I hope someone organizes a group to go attack it to have some fun(I don’t have a commander tag to do anything like that…plus I suck at W v W, lol). If it is my own Garri will it offend me? Nope. As long as it was done legit, and not as some “make a statement” kind of thing which would insinuate that ANET supports one server over another. But, how would I know if that’s the case? I wouldn’t. If someone mouths off about it and claims its because ANET likes them better than (insert random server name here), ANET should expect to be questioned by the players, and respond appropriately to support/bolster player trust.

Discussion = good
Point-Counterpoint = good
Discussion with good supporting points = good
Personal insults = bad
Discussion with good supporting points but including personal attacks = bad and put you in a weak position, even if you’re right.

I do because I can
I can because I want to
I want to because you said I couldn’t

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

Also anet can do what they wish, how do you not understand this?

Problably because he didn’t read the EULA.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

They are playing by their rules. Their rules just happen to be the same as everyone elses. Claiming structures is something anyone can do.

If you see someone with an anet tag walk into a friendly structure, swap servers, 1 shot the lord, cap and claim for another server, then you will have a valid complaint.
Right now you are literally complaining about nothing more than finding proof that at least 1 anet employee actually plays WvW. And by making such a ridiculous complaint all you are going to do is discourage them from playing it which will lead to them ignoring it for several more years.

Quit trying to place arbitrary restrictions on them and go back to playing the game.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

in WvW

Posted by: TheGrimm.5624

TheGrimm.5624

Saw the same thing this weekend. It was a funny thing to see, but wasn’t a big deal outside of that. Its not like they have guild buffs others can not get or get a reduction in costs, so no harm no foul.

GW/PoTBS/WAR/Rift/WAR/GW2/CU

De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.

in WvW

Posted by: Veeber.3192

Veeber.3192

Makes me want to attack. The battle for Anet Hills.

in WvW

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

I hope Anet claims more stuff after seeing this post.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

in WvW

Nuzt.7894

Makes me want to attack. The battle for Anet Hills.

Pretty much, it’s like another poster said in this thread, Anet claiming something makes that tower/keep/castle target #1. They should claim more stuff imo, nothing like seeing a zerg stop in it’s tracks, do a 180 and B-Line for an Anet controlled object.

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

hehehe i think it is nice to have them doing that i would even dont might to fight aginst a ful dev guild , im playing on sos/nsp side.

Actually would be visually interesting (eye candy) to see guild tag the way we see Anet tag on claiming.

imagine the queue when the word gets out [anet] group of 25 on xyz borderland…..

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

in WvW

Posted by: MadBomber.3719

MadBomber.3719

you guys realize anet claiming something gives the server no advantage over any other guild claiming the keep other than a little logo. it’s amazing how much this bothers people. they arent hacking into keeps and capping it. you should be happy they are in wvw, maybe they will fix this broken meta.

shit guardian on maguuma

(edited by MadBomber.3719)

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

The bigger question is: Why did SBIHoD and SoSNsP let that stand since reset?! Get out there and take that thing down.

I know its hard to take down a defended YB fortification but this is a perfect opportunity to play the game as its meant to be played. That’s why its WvWvW, 2v1 that sucker. SBIHoD and SoSNsP should both attack it in tandem. Those are some of the most fun fights where all 3 servers are in a keep trying to take it down. I wish that would happen more. And if Anet claiming keeps leads to it then I say, Claim more stuff Anet!

One does not simply walk into YB hills. Its gates are guarded by more than just Superior Arrow Carts.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

in WvW

Nuzt.7894

One does not simply walk into YB hills. Its gates are guarded by more than just Superior Arrow Carts.

To be fair, one does not simply walk into YB anything. You can bet your kitten they have it sieged up as much as humanly possible and have at least 1 scout if not more in every structure they own. Anyone who has faced YB should no this, they could have a population of 2 people and would somehow managed to have those 2 people in every objective they own.

in WvW

Posted by: Milea.6043

Milea.6043

Come on! We were having fun in WvW. So sad you weren’t with us that night. We did not have to ask Anet to claim ANYTHING. We Never need to send a message to anyone. You have no idea what you are talking about. You would have known this if you would have asked or if you were in our squad/party.
Do you have any idea the amount of crap Devs go through? For the past few weeks they have been having fun! If they want to claim, let them.
I am actually really angry at HoD because of this thread. Good way to muck everything up. Guess what everyone’s going to be talking about now.
Thanks
Lock this thread down please.

~Milly

Swearing allegiance in life & beyond did Desmina Zqooksha thence become the gods first follower

in WvW

Nuzt.7894

Come on! We were having fun in WvW. So sad you weren’t with us that night. We did not have to ask Anet to claim ANYTHING. We Never need to send a message to anyone. You have no idea what you are talking about. You would have known this if you would have asked or if you were in our squad/party.
Do you have any idea the amount of crap Devs go through? For the past few weeks they have been having fun! If they want to claim, let them.
I am actually really angry at HoD because of this thread. Good way to muck everything up. Guess what everyone’s going to be talking about now.
Thanks
Lock this thread down please.

~Milly

It’s not going to be a hot topic of discussion, this isn’t the first or last thread that will pop up about Anet claiming an objective. It’s a silly thread, nothing more, it will have zero affect on Anet claiming things in the future.

in WvW

Posted by: ArkAngel.7940

ArkAngel.7940

I am actually really angry at HoD because of this thread.

Hey thanks for profiling an entire server based on one persons opinion. Super appreciate it

Henge of Denravi [HoD]
The best player in the game
“I’m better than all of you!”

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

I am actually really angry at HoD because of this thread.

Hey thanks for profiling an entire server based on one persons opinion. Super appreciate it

That’s how it is… Always…

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

this thread is hilarious thanks for the laugh op 5/7 would read again

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in WvW

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

The problem is plain and simple. Favoritism. If you can’t see that a company who administrates the game should not play favorites you don’t understand what favoritism is.

ANeT, as stated is an admin guild. They have special privileges that normal player guilds don’t. They may have the same effect as a normal guild but it tells the other servers that ANeT favors the other server.

I come from a military background where I could not show favoritism due to my position. To do so would tell the other lower ranking people that I will chose someone over them. This is very similar. The ANeT devs represent the company. This means that if the claim an objective for a particular server they have chosen that server above the other servers. i.e. Favoritism. And unprofessional in the business world.

Good lord. This is anything but favoritism. A player who happens to work for ANet came across the keep and saw that it wasn’t claimed yet, so he claimed it to help his/her world out. What the hell is the problem here? Its no different, literally no different, than if any other guild had claimed that keep.

Its not favoritism. And there is literally nothing you can say that will make it favoritism because it just isn’t.

in WvW

Heibi.4251

The problem is plain and simple. Favoritism. If you can’t see that a company who administrates the game should not play favorites you don’t understand what favoritism is.

ANeT, as stated is an admin guild. They have special privileges that normal player guilds don’t. They may have the same effect as a normal guild but it tells the other servers that ANeT favors the other server.

I come from a military background where I could not show favoritism due to my position. To do so would tell the other lower ranking people that I will chose someone over them. This is very similar. The ANeT devs represent the company. This means that if the claim an objective for a particular server they have chosen that server above the other servers. i.e. Favoritism. And unprofessional in the business world.

Good lord. This is anything but favoritism. A player who happens to work for ANet came across the keep and saw that it wasn’t claimed yet, so he claimed it to help his/her world out. What the hell is the problem here? Its no different, literally no different, than if any other guild had claimed that keep.

Its not favoritism. And there is literally nothing you can say that will make it favoritism because it just isn’t.

Um, your argument makes no sense. You offer no proof or logical reasoning as to why it can’t be considered favoritism. And has been stated by someone who was there, the ANeT Dev was with them when they took it. He just didn’t wander in and see an unclaimed keep.
As Thorfinir and one other did point out “conflict of interest” might be a better term for it. At least their posts were logical. I for one just want an official stance by ANeT. Once an official policy is established, as any good business always does, I will live with it.

in WvW

Nuzt.7894

Um, your argument makes no sense. You offer no proof or logical reasoning as to why it can’t be considered favoritism. And has been stated by someone who was there, the ANeT Dev was with them when they took it. He just didn’t wander in and see an unclaimed keep.
As Thorfinir and one other did point out “conflict of interest” might be a better term for it. At least their posts were logical. I for one just want an official stance by ANeT. Once an official policy is established, as any good business always does, I will live with it.

There is no logical proof because the argument in general is illogical. Please give some logical proof as to how this is different from any other guild. This is nothing more then complaining for the sake of complaining. Your whole argument is illogical, the only time this argument would be relevant is if it somehow unbalanced the matchup, which it did not, a keep was claimed who claimed it is irrelevant.

in WvW

Heibi.4251

@Nuzt
ANeT – Company who created and administers game – has guild for employees – employees represent company – employees reflect on the company – Devs can judge any player in the game – employees are suppose to support game play – picking a side shows lack of impartiality = favoritism(conflict of interest if you want).

in WvW

Posted by: MadBomber.3719

MadBomber.3719

you offer no logical reasoning that it is favoritism. anet guild claiming is the same as any other guild claiming. they dont have super buffs or anything. he just so happens to be playing on the server you are facing.

shit guardian on maguuma

(edited by MadBomber.3719)