Official Feedback Thread: WvW Reward Tracks

in WvW

Posted by: Ann Jay.2950

Ann Jay.2950

1. How do you feel overall about reward tracks?
Ecstatic!

2. What are your thoughts on the rate at which you gain participation?
Seemed right on par with PvE map rates to me, which is good.

3. How do you feel about the rate you earn reward track points?
I had no complaints. It seemed great to me.

4. Overall, what are your impressions about the types of reward tracks we have?
They’re perfect. It gives the hardcore WvW player a chance to get goodies that PvPers and PvEers have better access to. I’m ridiculously happy about them.

5. Are there any other reward tracks you would really like to see?
More WvW rewards? I know there’s one for armor, but what about a mist weapon track reward?

May I just say that I’m so overjoyed that WvW is finally getting some love. I am seeing old faces around the battleground again and new ones as well. There’s a new sense of excitement and I think I speak for a lot of us when I say “Thank you!” for listening to the community and trying to make our gaming experience great.

| Areianna Firebloom ~ YB | & |Reylah Wrynn ~ SBI |

in WvW

Posted by: dank.3680

dank.3680

How do you feel overall about reward tracks?
Great, wish we had gotten them when spvp did.

What are your thoughts on the rate at which you gain participation?
Seems fine.

How do you feel about the rate you earn reward track points?
Feels half the speed of spvp or so, too slow. But if better rewards were available it would be fine.

Overall, what are your impressions about the types of reward tracks we have?
Generic ones I don’t really need. The skin is a good start, we really need WVW only tracks.

Are there any other reward tracks you would really like to see?
I would like to see WVW exclusive items. More exclusive skins, finishers, dyes, siege, high tier foods, and things like that.

Also I feel like raw gold earned from WvW is pathetic and needs to be higher to match other game modes.

#MAGSWAG: All class player. XOXO

in WvW

Posted by: Kilo.2539

Kilo.2539

I just want to say well done. You guys NAILED it this time. Hopefully the older skilled players return now.

1: Reward tracks were the only reason you would find me in pvp. So I’m thrilled they’re available in wvw.

2: The rate is fine imo.

3. Seems slow but since all I do is wvw it’s a non-issue really. I will get it eventually.

4. I’m working on the triumphant set. I would like to get some dungeon skins but I have to find the courage to play story modes.

5. Fractal would be cool, maybe once every 6 months or something. HoT stuff, again once every couple months.

in WvW

Posted by: Coinhead.7591

Coinhead.7591

1. Great!
2. Slow.
3. A bit too slow.
4. Good.
5. Nothing comes to mind.

in WvW

Posted by: Julian.7532

Julian.7532

1. Amazing, thank you.
2. It´s alright.
3. 550 is cap. Should be a bit more.
4. They are good so far.
5. I would like to have reward tracks who focus more on gaining HoT currency like Aurillium.
The current reward tracks for HoT maps gaining very less map currency.

in WvW

Posted by: Visiroth.5914

Visiroth.5914

1. They’re great

2. Fine

3. A lil slow, but it would be acceptable if boosters increased track points?

4. Fine

in WvW

Posted by: Diku.2546

Diku.2546

5.Are there any other reward tracks you would really like to see?

Ascended Craft Reward Track based on unlocked Disciplines.

Materials Reward Track based on a player’s Wish List of unlocked Materials.

These are suggestions about how it’s currently implemented.

Allow players to switch their Active Track to any Unlocked Track, but maintain the level earned for the week.

Allow Track Reward Items to stack in inventory.

(edited by Diku.2546)

in WvW

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

I feel they are fine and keeping them broadly the same between PvP and WvW is a good idea. I would like to see some specific reward tracks added to both that allow you to focus on getting materials you might need for something with more choice. More on that later.

I think the rate seems alright and taking a 5 minute break doesn’t seem to affect you too much. I also like how participation is preserved when swapping characters. Keeping up participation is pretty easy too whatever you’re doing.

I feel this is a little slow to be honest. In PvP you can earn a full reward track in about 14 hours not including potions if you get a lot of wins or a win streak and games are not going to timer. On maps like foefire and temple games can be done in 5 mins too.

I’d either like to see the reward track progression increased or add something you can do to boost it for example successfully capturing or defending an objective during those 15mins will double your progression. Linking it to something like capturing or holding should deter people from afk farming it or botting it.

Largely alright but getting that full armour set for heavy, medium and light is going to take a long time. I think we also get too many tomes and not enough raw materials. I’d like to see reward tracks that add raw materials (with choice of materials) like lodestones, cores, wood, metals and cloth/leather. Maybe one offering ascended items as a final reward to help gear up players for WvW and occasional PvE in terms of fractals and raids where full ascended is quickly becoming a requirement.

Yep I’d like to see reward tracks that reward the following types of material all through the track:
Wood
Metal
Cloth
Leather
Cores and lodestones of our choice

As for anything else, I’ll review my position on this after we have the reset tonight and see what this merging thing is like. It may be that problems or other needs arise during that time as the landscape of WvW will change.

in WvW

Posted by: Woop S.7851

Woop S.7851

Feel free to post anything reward-track related in this thread!

Similar to PvP, works pretty good

“Zerg” meta-style of play is still the trend, is participation calculated based on squad attendance of a zerg or proximity to the commander? What if the player is AFK? What if the player is in a party of 5 or 10 roaming held a tower against an enemy force of 50+? Does the roamers obtain more participation points due to the impossible odds? Similar idea to GW1 alliance battles where when Kurzicks(invaders) have pushed Luxons(defenders) to their home map Kaanai Canyon, Kurzicks received double points since the map was harder to win at.

Rate gain is fine, but earning points is somewhat grindy and encourages zerg farms instead of squad tactics at times, what if the reward track points can be tweaked with “variables” that encourages non-farming behavior? For example a commander gets +100 extra points for taking 10 keeps, a lieutenant in the same squad gets +50 extra points for helping the commander, a scout (assigned) gets “shared participation points” and +20 extra points for monitoring enemy, and rest of players in squad each gets +10 extra points for helping to take 10 keeps? It would encourage player participation instead of players joining with a farmers’ mindset.

Reward tracks such as “Triumphant” armors are great, but anyone can grind/farm it, would a "extra perk item attached to it work? For example, a lieutenant that helped the commander take 100 towers also gets 10 Invader honor tokens that can be used to “upgrade” the “Triumphant Helm” to create a “Lieutenant Triumphant Helm” or “Lieutenant’s tag”? Both showing prowess and functional in big battles for micro-managing subgroups in the commanders’ zerg. Or maybe a commanders battle standard back piece? (Again similar to GW1 Kurzick or Luxon elite armors that needed tokens such as amber/jade as a major component to craft)

- Any additional rewards that can “improve” WvW battle strategy + tactics, not neccessarily always armor skins, but “unlocking” abilities, for example: “Gain +20 Toughness while you’re within 600 range of your subgroup”, this would encourage heavy armors to always stick to their subgroup members. OR: “While in combat, gain +20 precision when standing near another of the same class”, this would encourage for example rangers to stay together in a subgroup within a squad, or a mix of rangers and warriors since both conditions above would be true, hence creating “dynamics” of sub-groupings within squads.

- Sometimes to improve visibility for squad members, current commanders/lieutenants use glowing weapons an/or ascalon mage potions (glow) to be easily found in a big fight, this can be something to reference for rewards as it “improves” WvW battle strategy/tactics with usable + functional elements

- Commanders’ custom tag graphic/symbol could be a reward/ability instead of the current generic tag symbol

- Commanders’ war flag/battle standard/glowing armor piece/helm: can be a back piece to show prowess, but also easily identified in the midst of zerg battle chaos

- Lieutenants’ war tag: can be earned as a reward and becomes visible in squad once assigned as a lieutenant, useful for subgroups to identify for tactical maneuvering. For example commander in subgroup-1 holds bridge against enemy and issues a command to a Lieutenant that rallies subgroup-2 to run siege supplies back.

- Scouts’ “badge/tag of bravery”: earned by supporting commander while monitoring enemy movement, can be displayed similar to how “mentor badges” are shown in PvE

- Dolyak herder badge?

- Defenders’ shield skin? for successfully defending 100 towers as an infantry?

- Invaders’ mask skin? for successfully capturing 100 towers as an infantry?

Attachments:

(edited by Woop S.7851)

in WvW

Posted by: The Ventari Ele.5812

The Ventari Ele.5812

Not looked at the rewards in detail but I can bet that it’ll still be that the amount of gold a WvW players gets in a whole night’s raiding session will still be the same amount of gold a PvE player can get in 30 minutes in any PvE map.

Sure a lot of us WvW players dont play it for the gold. But then you see those PvE players boasting about their 50 Legendaries they’ve collected and here we are, still after 4 years of WvW, without a precusor drop!

Balance.

We’ll release SAB, everybody loves SAB they wont notice the lack of other updates!

in WvW

Posted by: cafard.8953

cafard.8953

Very neat. The progress feels a bit slow but imho, that’s how it should be, or wvw maps will become the new EotM karma train. These rewards should remain a side bonus, not the core incentive.

Olaf Oakmane [KA]
Save the Bell Choir activity!

in WvW

Posted by: VergilDeZaniah.3295

VergilDeZaniah.3295

Simply awesome, just what we needed!

It’s fine. Though once it starts decreasing, it seems a bit too fast (especially when scouting, though commanders can share their participation to one person).

It seems a bit too mechanical, and sometimes a bit long. Maybe add some WXP in between, like every 5 minutes? Though it’s fast enough, and not too long if your participate ^^

They could see some variation instead of simply armors: what about materials? Siege weapons? Or exotic weapons other than dungeon ones ^^

There are so many things we could have, but my first impression is that we need materials, exclusive equipment, or pure WvW items (food, oils, structure boosts…).

Guild leader of The Nephilim of Elysium.

Son of Elonia.

in WvW

Posted by: Steelo.4597

Steelo.4597

Howdy

For me as a wvw-only-player loot is pretty much a necessary nuisance (except for ascended armor / weapon chests). There is nothing i will use, everything gets sold. Lots of clicking and playing the TP – only to get the few gold i need to keep up with sieges / buff food. Its not something i generally enjoy (except for selling the odd exo drop).

Imo you could pretty much scratch the whole drop system down to getting exos, ascendeds, badges and gold. all the rest is just a waste of time for a wvw-player.

In this light:

I dont like all the clicking that comes with reward tracks. autoloot was a step forward, opening 2-3 chests every 10 minutes is not, and then there are even chests in chests and stuff… its work. And all the greys, whites, blues, greens.. they serve no purpose for me except eating up my nerves to get rid of them.

The Anet-Dogma “there can never be enough treasure” has always been wrong. I need a milion gold, not a milion blues.

i fear we will look back to this day and remember the good old wvw as it is now – Jan 2015

in WvW

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

1. Overall Positive feeling, but negative sentiments that it might replace BL pride.
2. You gain participation too fast in a group. Should be based on individual action. And the rate at which you gain it should be slowed, just doing normal wvsw stuff (even with lounge time sitting around doing nothing) maxes the bar thingy way way way before the timer resets.
3. Rate is fine I think? it’s mainly the rewards that we get are skimpy
4. Bad. Give more siege and things that we SPEND playing the mode. And the triumphant armour sets (heavey armour anyways) are terrible looking….this armour is skinny and exposed, looks like something a kid makes out of cardboard. Really the highlight of the reward tracks is the 2gold and the other ‘pure’ gold given. The other stuff is just salvage junk that takes too long to open and deal with for the effort. i don’t feel rewarded when I’m given a ton of different chests I have to open to then salvage bad items for generic mats all the time.
5. Boosts would be good…those combat ones especially for speed boosts for golemns and stuff.

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

(edited by Cerby.1069)

in WvW

Posted by: Naub.1475

Naub.1475

Great addition to the game, absolutely love them. And from what I experienced it brought back many players on the borderlands. Even though I’m not sure how long this will last.

As far as I can tell by now, the higher your participation level is, the less participation you gain. That’s totally fine for me, because right now it takes only about 20 min of taking camps, killing dolyaks and flipping sentries to gain kitten tick. I mainly do roaming in WvW, so I can’t tell how it looks for zerging.

To complete a reward track you need 20.000 reward track points. So with an average tick of 500 you need about 10 hours to complete a reward track. I don’t know how many games or how much time it takes on average to complete a PvP reward track but for someone who actively plays WvW I’m totally fine with ~10 hours per reward track.

To be honest, I feel like you just copy & pasted the existing PvP reward tracks, exchanged some core elements like Memories of Battle and blueprints. Personally I really don’t need any dungeon reward tracks. Even when I played PvP I just played the glorious armor reward track (for the skin) or the HoT maps reward tracks (for the free black lion key).

I’d like to see more WvW related reward tracks. Reward tracks where you can get a stack of 25 superior blueprints of your choice, a high amount of WXP (around 10k-15k), a random WvW guild schematic or a high amount of badges of honor as the final reward. What I would also like to see are some changes to the existing reward tracks like exchanging some of the tier rewards for badges of honor or WXP.

Mordecay Lataya [Zoi] | Thief | Ring of Fire

in WvW

Posted by: Skynet.7201

Skynet.7201

Howdy

For me as a wvw-only-player loot is pretty much a necessary nuisance (except for ascended armor / weapon chests). There is nothing i will use, everything gets sold. Lots of clicking and playing the TP – only to get the few gold i need to keep up with sieges / buff food. Its not something i generally enjoy (except for selling the odd exo drop).

Imo you could pretty much scratch the whole drop system down to getting exos, ascendeds, badges and gold. all the rest is just a waste of time for a wvw-player.

In this light:

I dont like all the clicking that comes with reward tracks. autoloot was a step forward, opening 2-3 chests every 10 minutes is not, and then there are even chests in chests and stuff… its work. And all the greys, whites, blues, greens.. they serve no purpose for me except eating up my nerves to get rid of them.

The Anet-Dogma “there can never be enough treasure” has always been wrong. I need a milion gold, not a milion blues.

I couldn’t have said it better.

We created the perfect infiltration machine.
Join 9K+ GW2 players: https://www.facebook.com/groups/GW2Gamers/
All are welcome!

in WvW

Posted by: Menaka.5092

Menaka.5092

It’s a welcome addition that helps reward the long-term commitment of players to the game mode.

It’s a bit slow, but most importantly confusing: why have the participation bar “tiered”? It would make more sense if 0% was 0 participation and 100% was 550 track points per tick. The first time I saw the participation bar reset to 0% I was extremely confused.

It feels very slow compared to PvP.

They are ok, for now, but I would like to see more WvW related tracks.

It would be nice, for example, to have repeatable reward tracks for level 80 characters that swap out tomes for (superior) siege, transmutation charges, T6 mats or lodestones.
Or allow us to trade in tomes for useful stuff (mats, siege, bags, etc).

It would be amazing to have a long-term, once per account, reward track for the commander tag, with siege and food feasts as intermediate rewards (maybe tiered reward tracks up to the commander tag? similar to how Maguuma tracks work that you need to unlock a previous one first to start the next).

It would be nice to have a shiny WvW-specific ascended (we don’t dare ask for legendary yet) back piece with his own reward track.

And what about a track tied to the Black Lion Trading Company? At the current rate, a ticket scrap at the end of a reward track and maybe a key as midterm goal would mean to be able to farm a shiny skin every 100 hours (or faster if you are lucky!) in WvW. A lot slower than just farm the gold and buy it, but it would feel rewarding to slowly work towards it. And you can have WXP boosters, dye sets, transmutation charges, etc as secondary rewards…

in WvW

Posted by: inubasiri.8745

inubasiri.8745

Tomes are there because there’s no XP in WvW anymore. Keys would be great though.

in WvW

Posted by: Sir Mad.1092

Sir Mad.1092

It’s great! More WvW rewards, and it’s a “dirty fix” to the lack of PUGs for some dungeons.

That’s the catch, and the only real critic I have towards this system. The rate at which we gain participation is fine. The fact participation is reset whenever we exit WvW is not. It encourages you to stay longer than you wished, or to afk (not sure which is worse), when you participation bar is filled to get extra rewards. This could be easily fixed by saving your participation upon leaving the map.

NB: We have the same issues with participation in HoT…

It seems mostly OK. Dungeon weapon boxes may be offered a little too fast, we may get too many Tomes, and normal loot boxes could be improved to have a higher chance to contain a rare weapon, but it’s mostly OK.

Way too many bloodstone / dragonite, as usually. :P

- Possibly a super long, super hard track that would reward a legendary precursor.
- A track that gives you WvW goodies (blueprints, cons, etc).

in WvW

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

1. How do you feel overall about reward tracks? I think they are a really nice addition, and it’s something to progress towards. Currently I am doing the WvW-specific track, because I really want that armour.
    Maybe it could be buffed slightly for roamers (if at all possible). Goes a lot faster in bigger groups though.
    It is pretty slow compared to PvP tracks, but you already get rewards from events and kills, so I guess that’s okay. Faster is better though.
    It’s very nice to be able to get armour sets from dungeons! Also really like the fact you threw in a WvW specific track!
    There is the ‘box within box’ sort of thing, where you get blue and green items in the end. You know, WvW players and inventory management isn’t the best match.
    - Well since this is WvW there are only a couple things people want I think: looks, siege and food buffs.
    - Looks you already provided through giving us access to dungeon and map tracks, and the WvW track, but more are always nice. What I also thought about is finishers, since we all love showing off with those (//PvP finishers).
    - Siege and food buffs possibly.
Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

in WvW

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

Howdy

In this light:

I couldn’t have said it better.

Salvage everything – deposit into storage – sell those mats when storage is full – collect money from TP

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

(edited by briggah.7910)

in WvW

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

I think the rate you earn reward track points should be increased, but you should get 1% less for each person you share the reward with.

This will help encourage players to do things in smaller groups instead of just Voltroning up for the best rewards.

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

in WvW

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

Reward Tracks are great. I had myself suggested this idea countless of times here and finally it is here. Of course I am happy! Thank you! I wish we have had them before.

The reward track progression is way too slow at the moment, like 4-6x too slow. In spvp the reward track progresses much faster and I feel it is unfair that WvWvW players must spend more time grinding. WvWvW of course offers other rewards as well, but most of the other “rewards” from wvwvw are very weak: I often get tons of green items, broken chips and fangs + few hundred badges + only 0.5-1 gold from hours of WvWvW. Pve rewards e.g. doing world bosses or silverwastes chest farm is far more profitable than wvwvw.

I feel that the reward tracks give out way too many tomes of knowledge. I already have several stack of the tomes. What should I do with them!?! All my characters are of course level 80 and I got several thousands of unused spirit shards. So either reduce the tomes of knowledge or give us some useful things we could buy with them. Currently the tomes are just junk to fill the inventory.

Of course it would be nice to have more reward tracks, but even more important it would be to have more useful items you can purchase using WvWvW currencies. Here are some examples (and possible pricing):
- ascended back piece (5000 badges + 40 laurels + 50 gold)
- ascended armor piece (4000 badges + 10 laurels + 40 gold)
- ascended 1-handed weapon (3000 badges + 10 laurels + 30 gold)
- ascended 2-handed weapon (5000 badges + 20 laurels + 50 gold)

The high badge count is intentional to make it easier for most players to get those ascended items from pve. Exotic items are not that interesting, unless they offer unique skins. And what about a WvWvW specific legendary back item/armor/weapon? The WvWvW specific legendary item might require:
- 200 laurels
- 10000 badges
- 500 proofs of heroics
- 500 memoirs of battle
- 500 g worth of materials

Of course it is possible to implement these also via reward tracks as well e.g. the legendary precursor requires lots of different components, which are each obtained by completing a different wvwvw specific reward track.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

(edited by Deniara Devious.3948)

in WvW

Posted by: Brokenbone.8759

Brokenbone.8759

Pretty good. For people who play mostly WvW, they’re a way to get stuff that you might otherwise have to grind out in PvE where you’d prefer not to be. GW2 for me is 100x more fun when playing as a group with voice comms and all the laughs that come of that, sure that’s possible in PvE too but it’s almost expected in WvW, that’s where a lot of us choose to spend our time. Now it might not be at so much of a “loss” in terms of loot.

I have too little info to quite even tell what will “budge the needle” on participation. Like a watched pot never boils if you are trying to get up to the max +550, it seems to take forever, but after it’s at +550, okay, it will be there awhile, just keep fighting. If there was data like “tower defense event gives 40% of a bar if succeed, 20% if fail”, “cap a keep = 50% of a bar”, i.e., a nice list in the wiki, okay, then I’ll know a little better. Right now it feels maybe a little slow if you’re really strapping in for a lot of play, your first two ticks may or may not be max. Note that if it feels slow now, even with a “Mist War Summons” buff to introduce the system, it’ll be slower once that goes away.

If by rate you mean time, well… I’d like them to lock in whether or not you’re in for a whole 15 minute tick. I gather in EoTM they award in smaller amounts once per 5 minutes, there any harm in giving 1/3 the award 3x as frequently in normal WvW? Back to overall “lock in” though, especially with initial instability post patch, oops, crashed with 1 minute to go, get back in and it’s now 14:50 left, you missed your reward sucks to be you. Post resets there’s also often several minutes of the timer saying —:-- where I am afraid I don’t have a clue if that means we’re ultimately playing more than 15 minutes without getting drip fed our rewards. Granted this is all beta and that’s why feedback is being solicited, but if I’ve been flipping camps, towers, keeps, PKing etc., but I am NOT around as the clock strikes zero, it’s a bit of a bummer.

I’ve barely looked at them, I just picked the Triumphant one for WvW exclusive skin, even if it’s not the best set I’ve ever seen. I assume someone can math out the total value of each and every track and say “the market dictates you pick track X to max out rewards.” These will keep me out of PvE but I wasn’t really there anyhow.

I figure ascended gear would put a track so head and shoulders far above the rest that it ain’t gonna happen. As I haven’t mathed out any of the tracks’ value, I do not know if ascended mats would be a reasonable end point for any track, like here’s a bunch of intermediate metals and things along the track, finally working up to a Deldrimor Ingot really insert the endpoint mat of your choice and lesser versions to fit the theme all the way up to the endpoint. Loot is being jetwashed into my bags from all the fighting lately anyhow, being given mats that I can deposit to bank would be as simple or better than the series of boxes often containing bags that I’m seeing right now. I suppose further to this point, since you have certain tracks “locked”, I suppose there could always be a series of 2-3 tracks that you’d have to do in sequence in order to get some kind of particularly awesome reward like ascended gear, if needing to balance off value (get a drip of low-mid mats in first track, mid-high in 2nd track, then 3rd track is some high mats and a weapon/armor).

Anyhow all this reward stuff is a welcome step in the right direction.

One comment outside the five questions, maps are feeling mighty crowded with people sampling the changes which is awesome, but since EoTM presumably has the most capacity for players, maybe considering EoTM having “equality” with regular WvW either for awhile or for good is worth exploring. As I understand it now, regular WvW is +550 per 15 mins, EOTM is +414 per 15 mins but really awarded as 138 per 5 mins. Not an EoTM player (except as I was dipping a toe in and being told if I liked mass PvP to go do real WvW), but I see no reason to give two unequal options and then not expect people are going to crowd to the more enriching one. That’s the one with map queues unfortunately, particularly in T2 right now. Some queue relief might be seen if people are shown EoTM is exactly as rewarding, or possibly even better if on a 5 minute tick system at 1/3 of the +550.

in WvW

Posted by: Infusion.7149

Infusion.7149

1) How do you feel overall about reward tracks?

They’re a welcome change.

2) What are your thoughts on the rate at which you gain participation?

The participation rate should decrease more sharply when someone is not moving/casting skills, at a spawn point, and not dead. I noticed on the first day that people idle at spawn to leech rewards which is very bad when you have 30+ people hitting your keep and you can’t get active players onto the map.

3) How do you feel about the rate you earn reward track points?

It’s fair I guess. I don’t pull 10+ hours a day like some people and I am close to finished with one round of the WvW armor track so it should be doable (1-2 armor sets a month?).

4) Overall, what are your impressions about the types of reward tracks we have?

They are fairly similar to PvP so that’s okay.

5) Are there any other reward tracks you would really like to see?

There needs to be a more reliable way to get damask/elonian leather/deldrimor steel in WvW or a standardization of ascended armor stats to exotic level. The same goes for the Fulgurite required for HoT ascended items ; most people just mystic forge their old sets to get the new HoT sets.

There needs to be a way to get Crystalline ores semi-reliably in WvW or PvP. It wouldn’t be an issue if Guild ornate armors were a PvE thing but they are in the guild hall and not in a PvE outpost.

I would like to see a siege reward track with an end box of (5 to 10) colored/Guild stylized Omega golems with guild flags on its body or whatnot (see guild back item), similar to how PvP has a NPC skin track for Tybalt, Grymm Svaard, Nika. The reward track could reward one superior siege item of each type per reward (so one sup ballista/ arrowcart/flame ram/trebuchet/shield gen/catapult, and 2-5 guild catapults or 2-5 omega golem per tier).

WvW weapon skin track with siege and consumables (lvl 80 food), end reward is WvW Tournament Claim Tickets (25 maybe?).

WvW scribing track.

Back item skin. (See PvP balthazar’s back item)

Separate from reward tracks: there needs to be HoT stats on the WvW armor and weapon vendors (Vigilant, Commander’s,Viper’s,Wanderer’s,Trailblazer’s,Minstrel’s). These shouldn’t be a reward track because ideally you don’t want to gate them behind a reward track.

The same goes for HoT armor runes such as the Durability rune / Surging rune/ Thorn rune/ Leadership rune (100 crystalline ores each = 600 a set).

Desolation (EU) → Yak’s Bend (US)
In your backline: Elementalist+Mesmer+Necromancer

(edited by Infusion.7149)

in WvW

Posted by: Hubal.8571

Hubal.8571

I think it’s cool. It might be something to draw some more of the new players to WvW.

I believe it’s ok. Maybe a single-player effort could be a bit boosted (like taking a camp by 1-2 roamers should give a lot more to them than to 50person zerg). Though I imagine it will not be easy to implement.

I believe it’s fine.

So far so good. For the moment I’m satisfied.

Well, personally as a scribe I would like to see some reward tracks that could give some WvW furniture ingredients or maybe specific recepies. (Like golems/trebs/etc or maybe something like miniature maps/keeps/towers etc)

in WvW

Posted by: Kappell.1923

Kappell.1923

Reward Tracks are great. I had myself suggested this idea countless of times here and finally it is here. Of course I am happy! Thank you! I wish we have had them before.

The reward track progression is way too slow at the moment, like 4-6x too slow. In spvp the reward track progresses much faster and I feel it is unfair that WvWvW players must spend more time grinding. WvWvW of course offers other rewards as well, but most of the other “rewards” from wvwvw are very weak: I often get tons of green items, broken chips and fangs + few hundred badges + only 0.5-1 gold from hours of WvWvW. Pve rewards e.g. doing world bosses or silverwastes chest farm is far more profitable than wvwvw.

I feel that the reward tracks give out way too many tomes of knowledge. I already have several stack of the tomes. What should I do with them!?! All my characters are of course level 80 and I got several thousands of unused spirit shards. So either reduce the tomes of knowledge or give us some useful things we could buy with them. Currently the tomes are just junk to fill the inventory.

Of course it would be nice to have more reward tracks, but even more important it would be to have more useful items you can purchase using WvWvW currencies. Here are some examples (and possible pricing):
- ascended back piece (5000 badges + 40 laurels + 50 gold)
- ascended armor piece (4000 badges + 10 laurels + 40 gold)
- ascended 1-handed weapon (3000 badges + 10 laurels + 30 gold)
- ascended 2-handed weapon (5000 badges + 20 laurels + 50 gold)

The high badge count is intentional to make it easier for most players to get those ascended items from pve. Exotic items are not that interesting, unless they offer unique skins. And what about a WvWvW specific legendary back item/armor/weapon? The WvWvW specific legendary item might require:
- 200 laurels
- 10000 badges
- 500 proofs of heroics
- 500 memoirs of battle
- 500 g worth of materials

Of course it is possible to implement these also via reward tracks as well e.g. the legendary precursor requires lots of different components, which are each obtained by completing a different wvwvw specific reward track.

simply this.

in WvW

Posted by: Akkeros.1675

Akkeros.1675

1. overall they are a welcome site.
2. i feel they are a little slow to ramp up (just my opinion) for solo roaming
3. I would like to see it decreased to 10 minutes, it really seems slower than when I pvp but again, I could be wrong
4. i would like to see a legendary wvw armor or backpiece so all efforts can go toward something useful that can’t be gained somewhere else
5. again legendary armor or backpiece so i don’t clog my bags with 3 sets of ascended gear all the time. Also, runes from HoT that force you to leave wvw to pve should be obtainable if you bought the expansion but not just by getting a few airship parts or other currencies at a tiny slow pace.

in WvW

Diku.2546

2.What are your thoughts on the rate at which you gain participation?

Following might already be done…if that’s the case…disregard:

Create a “Circle Capture Reward & Participation” trigger.

A Pre-Set Reward & Participation Total gets divided among all players in the circle (or players flagged to have contributed) when it completes.

A Player’s WvW Participation score is then used to adjust the final payout that they are awarded.

A Player’s WvW Participation score is then increased after the Reward is paid out.

Players in a small capture group should have a higher payout of Reward per person than being in a massive zerg.

Players in a small capture group should have a higher gain of Participation per person than being in a massive zerg.

Players running in a massive zerg are already rewarded by the thrill of conquest…

We really need to reward the smaller groups that get the ball rolling, or continue to fight against the odds…

(edited by Diku.2546)

in WvW

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

2.What are your thoughts on the rate at which you gain participation?

Following might already be done…if that’s the case…disregard:

Create a “Circle Capture Reward & Participation” trigger.

A Pre-Set Reward & Participation Total gets divided among all players in the circle (or players flagged to have contributed) when it completes.

A Player’s WvW Participation score is then used to adjust the final payout that they are awarded.

A Player’s WvW Participation score is then increased after the Reward is paid out.

Players in a small capture group should have a higher payout of Reward per person than being in a massive zerg.

Players in a small capture group should have a higher gain of Participation per person than being in a massive zerg.

Players running in a massive zerg are already rewarded by the thrill of conquest…

We really need to reward the smaller groups that get the ball rolling, or continue to fight against the odds…

+1
I suggested something pretty similar. Large groups are going to be able to cap things faster anyway so the rewards should balance out.

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

in WvW

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

They are a good thing that should have been here long ago.

A bit too slow for player killing, especially when running in smaller groups vs larger groups. There needs to be some way to determine this so the reward tracks can reflect it. Reward gain for objectives is good, but the player kills need more. Perhaps add more PPK per reward track part earned from player kills which in turn adds to server’s score total ?

They are OK but as stated above could use a bit of improvement. Rate for objectives is good, rate for player kills bit too slow.

Reward tracks themselves are good, on par with the SPVP ones, I as many other players would like to see some WVW specific tracks, 1 utility for things such as basic siege prints, badges, etc. and one for WVW unique skins.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

in WvW

Posted by: McKenna Berdrow

Previous

McKenna Berdrow

Game Designer

I wanted to hop in the thread and thank everyone for all of the feedback so far! It has been really helpful!

I also wanted to remind everyone that Potions of WvW Reward will be added once the beta is complete. They will work the same as Potions of PvP Reward in that they will drop from dailies and progress WvW Reward Tracks. Just something to keep in mind that will be coming in the future.

in WvW

Brokenbone.8759

The potion thing makes me think of the Guild Hall tavern drinks.

We have WXP +% drinks and PvP Reward +% drinks, I suppose there’s always room for a WvW Reward +% drink too. Lots of players don’t really need WXP anymore except for bragging rights / titles, all their “pips” are filled in the WvW abilities. Being able to ignore a WXP guild drink and slam a WvW Reward drink may be pretty welcome, if really “rewards focussed.”

in WvW

Posted by: Tiny Doom.4380

Tiny Doom.4380

To begin with I’d like to join with the minority view expressed above. I’d prefer that WvW had no extrinsic rewards. The only reward needed is War Score and being able to look up the history of the server’s record over time. I’d also prefer to have equalized gear like PvP and have all WvW purchases (siege, consumables etc) handled purely within WvW as standard allocations requiring no purchase by players. That’s not going to happen, so on to feedback about what is happening:

They’re okay. Not going to make me play WvW either more or less than I already was but it adds a bit of flavor.

This is the big problem. Why do we even need a continual “participation” mechanic? You just de-coupled fixed attendance periods from reward progress throughout HoT so why would it be a good idea to add it to WvW? Having to wait for the tick to get credit for something you did ten minutes ago is just weird. If you kill a sentry or take a keep you should get the credit there and then. Give credit for discreet actions, not for abstract “participation”. Yes, I know that puts the problem back concerning rewards for non-recorded activity like scouting, siege tagging etc but again I don’t believe these things need any reward beyond the satisfaction of doing them so I leave it to others to work out how that might be handled if there wasn’t “participation” for the Commanders to subdivide.

Seems okay. It’s slower than sPvP but then WvW probably encourages longer sessions so that may be necessary. I wouldn’t complain if it was speeded up a bit though.

Unimaginative is the word that springs to mind. It would be nice if more, or even all, of them were handcrafted for WvW and not just copy/pasted from other modes.

The only thing that would really interest me would be Titles. Preferably witty and amusing ones.

(edited by Tiny Doom.4380)

in WvW

Posted by: maloki.3527

maloki.3527

Overall it’s great! I ended up opting out of WvW due to wanting achievements (like the dungeon gear etc) elsewhere in the world. Since WvW it’s a pvp content, it makes sense that it would have a reward track just as normal PvP does.

In general the participation gain seems okay, however I found myself with some concerns. I was running around defending towers, but not through events, but by destroying enemy siege, and there I was losing all my participation, because destroying enemy siege did not count towards participation. I realize that this could also be “fixed” for me by being in the Commander Squad, and get assigned a role of scout, but this was not me being a dedicated scout, but rather just temporarily doing it at my own accord.

I did feel that the rate was good. I need to ask however: Does the % increase reward track progression work for this reward track, or only the PvP one?

Dungeons unlocked by completing story mode, check. Unlocking map rewards, check.
Yeah looks good.

Maybe offering some reward track which offers a BLC Key? It could be unlocked after all other repeatable ones have been completed once. Or something like that.

Maloki – Asura Necro/Sylvari Ele –
@Farshiverpeaks
You’re dumb. You’ll die, and you’ll leave a dumb corpse

in WvW

Posted by: Zenith.6403

Zenith.6403

The first topic, as you probably guessed from the title, is WvW Reward Tracks! Here are a few questions:

1. I am pleased that we finally got reward tracks for WvW.

2. Participation gaining is fair. Killing NPC’s, capturing points and so on all add up to it and getting maximum participation is rather easy with persistent capturing. I would like to see better indication when participation is starting to decline. Weak point of participation is defense events. Sometimes defenders are doing valuable job delaying siege placement, alerting others and providing scouting information. I’d like to see this incorporated better into participation gain.

3. Currently it takes 500*40/550 * 15min = 9h 5 min at max participation to complete a single track. This is fine, but it would be nice to get partial rewards that don’t require whole 15 minute commitment. I think Edge of the Mists’ version of getting rewards every 5 minutes is better.

4. WvW players definitely don’t need dragonite ore, empyreal fragments or bloodstone bricks, as these are already available in abundance from castle lords and other rewards. I’d like to see rewards that are tied to WvW: siege blueprints, siege disablers & traps, food and fine crafting materials. I’d also like to know what exactly is the difference between what reward tracks I pick.

5. I guess the tracks could be more defined. Best thing would be picking track that aligns with out own goals in game, whether it’s to collect skins, crafting legendaries, collecting “fun” items or powerplaying.

(edited by Zenith.6403)

in WvW

Posted by: Assic.2746

Assic.2746

I feel like the amount of reward track points rises too fast. It starts slowly with only +50, but then it’s +150 etc. after 15~30 minutes of playing or even one zerg vs zerg fight it reaches the maxium and then looking at the timer begins. Is it a reward time already?
I don’t want to break your concept or anything, but if it rose by +50 every time. 50,100,150… and at the end 600 it would be much better.

Well it will take more time for players to get there. So once they do they will have some compensation.

Also WvW dailies could reward players with +300 reward track points. Just like PvP potions.

(edited by Assic.2746)

in WvW

Posted by: Comradez.3759

Comradez.3759

First of all, well done. It brings back the atmosphere of “new game” or “expansion” to the mode. As a person who spends most of his time in WvW and not in PvE or sPvP eventhough there is either a festival or raid to look forward to, I love the WvW reward track. At the time of the reset, I spent literally 18hrs non stop in WvW because that is how much addicting it can be and seeing 100 queues across the timezone is just a sight to see on every world you fight including my own server aswell. So again, job well done.

• It is awesome. Alot of people feels the same way too, there is even a talk within several community about reviving their own guild by calling back their guild mates to play WvW back. Even the PvE virgin play WvW ( one of my casual guild’s member) and felt it is something they would play again. So yeah, good job on the work done in WvW reward. It is something that encourage people to try WvW and fall in love with the mode. I heard and seen nothing but praise from all of the people while in WvW for 18 straight hours.
  1. What are your thoughts on the rate at which you gain participation?
  • Honestly, I dont feel like it is slow but then again, I am in WvW all day long so my feedback may not be credible.
  1. How do you feel about the rate you earn reward track points?
  • Again, like the question above, I’m in WvW all day long so to me it is great. I managed to finish 3 tracks ytd.
  1. Overall, what are your impressions about the types of reward tracks we have?
  • I guess, you could broaden the variety of the end of the reward. It feels like it is something that is nothing new but either way I am happy to get the dungeon skin and the new triumphant armor set.
  1. Are there any other reward tracks you would really like to see?
  • As a person who rarely PvE, would be nice to see legendary progression track (don’t mind if it takes a year to complete or 2 years) just give me something to work with within WvW or ascended. If those are impossible, then I would ask to include new skin to the end reward. Could be weapon or armor set skin. We joke about the Skin Wars from time to time but all joke aside, it is something that most people strive for in the game.

Thanks again for the WvW reward track and hope the team polish it to the perfection.

in WvW

Posted by: Shara.4716

Shara.4716

The only thing I have so far is the Silverwaste Reward track. I would like to see it repeatable, and honestly if the only truly good thing we got out of it was a Silverwaste shovel ever couple of tiers it would be very worth it for me and allot of my WvW guildies.

in WvW

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

Chance these to be Reward Track exp instead and allow these to be gained in new ways!

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/World_Experience#WXP_consumables

Drop: Chance of Dropping from players and camp supervisors.
Thimble: From Daily completions.
Taste: Chance of dropping from Tower/Keep Champions.
etc.
etc.
etc.

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

in WvW

Posted by: Bugabuga.9721

Bugabuga.9721

- How do you feel overall about reward tracks?

I really like it. I think it brings the feeling of rewarding play back to WvW and it’s a great thing.

- What are your thoughts on the rate at which you gain participation?

Generally it’s okay but some edge cases might cause problems. For example, when you have severe population disbalance (you are outmanned by a lot) it can be quite difficult to get to the maximum participation and there’s also a risk of it decaying too fast as your small group is getting chased away from most objectives. I wonder if it would make sense to keep participation from decaying a bit longer (especially if you’re outmanned — for example 30 minutes before it starts going down, and make it go down slowly). I saw people brawling over siege because they couldn’t bring up participation up in any other way.

- How do you feel about the rate you earn reward track points?

It feels generally fair when balanced fights are happening, but slower than direct pvp. Given that this is on top of regular loot it bring overall rewards more in line with other gameplay. Frankly I am happy we have anything right now Some of the rewards feel kinda meh, but as I am an old time player, I write it off as “while I don’t want yet another tome, some new player might want it” I do think that outmanned/not quite balanced situations should have some mechanism to make it better (as participation gains becomes difficult — you’ll get chased away from structures, and just taking sentries here and there leaves you with very low participation)

- Overall, what are your impressions about the types of reward tracks we have?

I really like that there’s both wvw specific track and regular “dungeon” tracks, like in PvP — so people who mostly wvw have a chance to earn enough dungeon tokens to do legendary. New wvw armor is quite nice, and gives enough to work for for a while

- Are there any other reward tracks you would really like to see?

Perhaps something that even more oriented for legendary crafting? For example for players who are doing precursor collections do a track that helps them with “Equivalent of 50 requisition items” or something like that? (and materials for legendary crafting). I know some reward tracks do have it now, but there could be more options.

Thanks!

in WvW

Posted by: tmakinen.1048

tmakinen.1048

It appears that this reward track system has been carefully designed to provide zero rewards for a player with my style of play. I have 16 characters, play all of them equally, and participate in all game formats (PvE, PvP and WvW) equally. My activity level is currently about two hours of playtime per day which should make me an at least moderately active player. However, I am getting absolutely zero reward track progression at WvW because (a) my playtime is not continuous but consists of 10-15 minute sessions whenever I’m not otherwise occupied, and therefore (b) the only manageable approach is to play one character at a time through the different game formats where each format takes from a couple of minutes to less than ten minutes to complete the intended objectives. What this means is that my average “play intensity” in WvW never rises above the minimal threshold so that I could start acquiring reward track progress, and even in the case that the intensity might sometimes be high enough to qualify for reward progress I still wouldn’t have time (and it would be inconsiderate towards other players in T1 anyway) to leave the character twiddling her thumbs until the tick to collect the progress.

I have no issues with either PvE or PvP rewards, as they are linearly cumulative. However, this intensity based approach ensures zero rewards from WvW for me, and appears to be geared towards rewarding an obsessive-compulsive playstyle instead.

tmakinen of [SoF]

in WvW

Posted by: Kanebrake.6192

Kanebrake.6192

I wanted to hop in the thread and thank everyone for all of the feedback so far! It has been really helpful!

I also wanted to remind everyone that Potions of WvW Reward will be added once the beta is complete. They will work the same as Potions of PvP Reward in that they will drop from dailies and progress WvW Reward Tracks. Just something to keep in mind that will be coming in the future.

Is there a reason not to add them now? At the end of the beta is there a chance you’ll zero out the existing reward progress and take away what has already been given?

BG

in WvW

Posted by: dank.3680

dank.3680

It appears that this reward track system has been carefully designed to provide zero rewards for a player with my style of play. I have 16 characters, play all of them equally, and participate in all game formats (PvE, PvP and WvW) equally. My activity level is currently about two hours of playtime per day which should make me an at least moderately active player. However, I am getting absolutely zero reward track progression at WvW because (a) my playtime is not continuous but consists of 10-15 minute sessions whenever I’m not otherwise occupied, and therefore (b) the only manageable approach is to play one character at a time through the different game formats where each format takes from a couple of minutes to less than ten minutes to complete the intended objectives. What this means is that my average “play intensity” in WvW never rises above the minimal threshold so that I could start acquiring reward track progress, and even in the case that the intensity might sometimes be high enough to qualify for reward progress I still wouldn’t have time (and it would be inconsiderate towards other players in T1 anyway) to leave the character twiddling her thumbs until the tick to collect the progress.

I have no issues with either PvE or PvP rewards, as they are linearly cumulative. However, this intensity based approach ensures zero rewards from WvW for me, and appears to be geared towards rewarding an obsessive-compulsive playstyle instead.

Playing more then 10-15 minutes at a time is obsessive compulsive? What world am I on?

#MAGSWAG: All class player. XOXO

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

Reward track speeds are fine IMO, but it should scale faster for smaller groups, than larger groups.

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

in WvW

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

A Message from the WvW Team

Hello Everyone!

We are starting to see a lot of feedback threads pop-up and the WvW team appreciates everyone who has taken the time to write up feedback and create threads. To help organize ideas into one place (this helps devs a lot) we are going to start creating threads on specific topics. Feel free to create your own threads as well, but if you have feedback on a specific topic for which we have created an official thread—like this one—I encourage you to post in that thread.

The cadence and topics for these threads will vary depending on a particular release date. For example we will be posting a Desert Borderlands map feedback thread, but we want to give everyone a little more time to play before creating that thread. There also will be threads coming that will allow the community to make suggestions on what they want the team to be working on going forward.

The first topic, as you probably guessed from the title, is WvW Reward Tracks! Here are a few questions:

Feel free to post anything reward-track related in this thread!

Would I have seen this thread just earlier, however, basically my thread can get merged into this here.

1) Overall, I feel that the WvW Reward Tracks as they are right now, are not a really original way of making WvW more rewarding. Yes, its the most simplest solution to take an already existing gameplay mechanism, copy it 1:1 and place it somewhere else into the game like you did here, but originality is looking different to me at least in regard of the rewards.

2) The Rate in which we gain participation is good, but the problem which the WvW reward Tracks have is, that its progress is linked to a time ticker and that this artificially slows down the progress making of all players as they can progress only every 15 minutes, whereas a PvP player can progress alot quicker,m isn’t artificially slowed down by such a fix 15 Minute barrier like in Wvw, where you can be literally the absolute most hyper pro active player on the map in regard of participation, but unless not 15 minutes are over, you see not a single point towards your progress and this – mildly spoken – sucks

3) The amount of points you make every 15 minutes is too lress.
If nothign can be done about the 15 minutes problem, then you need to increase the points that we csan make within that artificual slowdown to compensate this problem as that would be the only way then to speed up the progress making.
As a little compensating change to make it not too easy you could increase the required amoutn of points with every tier increase slightly proportionally so that you need with every tier more points before you max the track.
Nice to hear that the boosters and buffs will find later also into the WvW-Reward Tracks to equalize them better to the PvP Reward Tracks, thus alone will also be a great help to speed up the progress making, maybe it will be already enough and nothign else needs to be changed after just all the Bosters count for WvW tracks too. We need to see…

4) Like said in #1, my impression of the reward Tracks currently is, that you simply have chosen, what is the most simplest way to improve the rewards for WvW and that with as less effort as possible, especialyl when we already suggested you several times to use the PvP Reward Tracks as basically blueprint to use that system for WvW too. One had only to count 1+1 to realize, that this would be most likely the way you go for the patch – its a solid and simple system, now it needs just only more finetuning for specificly WvW and it needs tracks, that improve the uniqueness of WvW and its rewards.
The two new more or less similar armor sets are a nice beginning, even when I personally wish their styles would resemble more to the Mist Weapons in style, espected personalyl to see somethign like the Heroic Mistforged Armor Sets to have optically something that fits visualyl to the weapon set – please bring this to make the theme and style of that complete, maybe for when the next Wvw Tournament starts, that you add with that then also a Heroic Mistforged Armor Set Track, that is like the other then naturally only earnable through WvW.

WvW Reward Tracks offer the opportunity to add various kinds of unique WvW rewards of visual nature.
PvP has its own legendary back item, PvE has its own legendary back item, the next logical step naturally would be to provide a WvW Reward Tracks for a WvW related legendary back item precursor ingredients or somethign unique for WvW making WvW for exampel the game mode, where you obtain Legendary Accessoires, if you dont use Dungeons for that, then theres only WvW left over for it, or adding god darn finally Jeweler/Chef 500 for gods sake???!!! to make that part of the game complete…

5) Reward Tracks I’d like to see, in detail: (includes repeats from above)

• Legendary WvW Back Item Parts Tracks
  • Legendary Accessoire Tracks “eventually” if there are no other plans for implementation yet somewhere/how else
  • Heroic MistforgedArmor Set Track
  • Skill Skin Tracks (I absolutely want to see this feature, let us earn somehow differente “skins for our skills”, like through WvW Tracks for example and begin for exmaple with all the Minion Skills, because they are the skilsl where Skil lSkins woudl have great effects – i want to have especially Skill Skins for Elementals and Undeads, stuff that makes my Elementals look more like Elemental Beasts like flaming Phoenixes, elegant planty Kirins or ferocious Thorn Wolves, and the like instead ov havign such bulky looking elemental golems and thin small djinns – simply set, awesome looking elemental summons, that look worthy for a Summoner of Elements, that look morte epic and dangerous, than the current looks of the Elementals.
    Same for stuff like Necro Mininos (i fidn them ugly, id “die” for having Hellhounds/Bone Dogs from GW1 back as Skill Skin for thiose tiny mininos that look like ugly dead rabbits with a human skull, Id rather have bakc somethign awesome liek bone dragons instead of the fleshgolem and somethign cool like a Shadow Lurker (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/thumb/d/dc/Veteran_Jungle_Skelk_Lurker.jpg/240px-Veteran_Jungle_Skelk_Lurker.jpg) instead of this floating ugly shadow ball something with 6 eyes

please make this happne, that we receive a bit more creative freedom in how we can make our skills of our classes look like – at least where it makes kind of sense to have more creative freedom, with this I don’t mean that we need now fireballs in all kinds of coloors of the rainbow lol xD, but beginning with the Mininos woudl be i think a good step into the right direction for now. Stuff like Turrets, Spirit Weapons and so on surely could get also nice alternative looks through such a feature ^^

• Finishing Move Tracks – simple and fun, visual stuff by addign some unique Finishing Moves that you can for once EARN and dotn need to buy from Gemstore, that you can earn only through PvP reward Tracsk (could be added for PvP reward Tracks too most likely)
  • Material Tracks – simple tracks, that help you out in getting Materials of 1 specific sort effectively, like for example leather, if you choose the Leathe Track ,then all what you get with every single reward chst on that track is always only leather of all sorts and tiers including ascneded stuff to help you out making ascended equipment quicker, thus reducing the grind in regard of this and mkaing the game more alt character friendly (shoudl coutn also basicalyl for both, pvp asnd wvw reward tracks, both shoudl provide these kind of tracks)
  • Rare Material Tracks – tracks, that simply help you out with rarer things, like Lodestones, Giant Eyes and the like.
  • Infusion Tracks – tracks, that reward you with useful/visual wvw specific infusions (also please upgrade finally ascended/legendary equipment to have infusion slots for both modes, PvE and WvW, AR isn’t needed in WvW, so these slots filled with infusions for AR would be a waste for WvW, when changign into WvW all AR infusions hsould get automaticalyl changed into a WvW-related equipped infusions, they shouldn’ negate each other out anymore that you lose an infusion if you use the other type and vice versa)

Thats so far everything Id like to see and with that I can come up with right now

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

in WvW

Diku.2546

5.Are there any other reward tracks you would really like to see?

Ascended Craft Reward Track based on unlocked Disciplines.

Materials Reward Track based on a player’s Wish List of unlocked Materials.

These are suggestions about how it’s currently implemented.

Allow players to switch their Active Track to any Unlocked Track, but maintain the level earned for the week.

Allow Track Reward Items to stack in inventory.

ADD

Ascended Materials from GW2 & HoT based on unlocked Materials
i.e. – Bottle of Airship Oil, Pile of Auric Dust, Key Line Spark, etc.

in WvW

Posted by: FogLeg.9354

FogLeg.9354

• What are your thoughts on the rate at which you gain participation?
  • How do you feel about the rate you earn reward track points?

I would say, so far, I had constant flow of chests and items, either by rank up or reward track. You finish few events, wipe few enemy blobs and you get something new again! Loads of stuff to open. It’s great, maybe even too much tbh.

in WvW

Brokenbone.8759

True or false, Magic Find impacting WvW Reward Track containers?

We know MF helps out with PvP Reward Track containers, it’s one of the reasons that purple-looking Call of the Mists buff is so attractive during like, Twitch streaming events.

I suspect MF also helps with WvW Reward Track containers, just assuming a lot of this stuff is cut and pasted from sPvP. As such, the Mist War Summons +50% MF we’re getting as sort of a celebration happy time launch beta thing may mean the reward track boxes are dropping better stuff than usual, so some of our impressions about “so how’s rewards folks” could be rosier than what things will be like without event-type buffs.

I could be dead wrong about the WvW boxes off the tracks being unaffected by either your normal account MF, MF food/utils, or Mist War Summons event buff by the way… but again if I’m right, we might be getting a bit of a skewed impression at this stage.

in WvW

Posted by: mako.6493

mako.6493

This is the first time I have posted on the Gw2 forums. I am a hardcore wvw player for 3 years plus.

Overall rewards are a plus but my fear is it will get stale as is in a month or so. I read some of the ideas and one idea I like is the ascended pieces as rewards for high amounts of badges or laurels. The idea of rewarding in wvw is to get what you play and WANT TO PLAY. What do I mean? Well if I hate pve what can i get in wvw? The reward tracks are better than before but that aint saying much.

Lets focus on this question

Its basically the spvp tracks except one. I have one major gripe with this track.
It is the triumph track. Now in HoT there are the new 4 stat combos. Well I completed this track to get the armor piece and what do I find? Not a single 4 stat combination. So basically as I stated earlier. What if I hate pve? Well you aint gettin 4 stat combos thru wvw reward tracks. Please add 4 stat combos to reward tracks. Yes I know you can craft it but I hate crafting in general and its a pain with the 4 stat combos since the cheapest way is thru stat switching in the forge. Also would be nice to add those same ascended stat combos where you buy the trinkets for laurels. If I want to make a condi power build mix like sinister. I have to do the pve living story to get the trinkets. It is the only way to get it. Why is that? The idea is to keep things fresh and try different builds and classes. Would be a lot more fun to make that easier to do in game modes we LOVE to play like wvw. If you want to make 4 stat combos more laurels so be it but at least it is attainable in wvw and not JUST living story.

Anet you have to start really thinking like a hardcore wvw player. “If its red its dead.” " I dont like pve" " I want to be able to be rewarded like a pve player without playing that mode" Ascended items,weapon skins, backpacks, outfits, ANY stat gear, ect. This generates more interest which makes wvw more fun when more people play. Why do you think the queues are what they are? It isnt JUST because of the world links. It is also because more people coming back. It is a domino affect. More red players to kill makes things more fun and easier to be… REWARDED. “If its red its dead”