Official Feedback Thread: WvW Reward Tracks

in WvW

Posted by: mrme.5817

mrme.5817

2.What are your thoughts on the rate at which you gain participation?

Following might already be done…if that’s the case…disregard:

Create a “Circle Capture Reward & Participation” trigger.

A Pre-Set Reward & Participation Total gets divided among all players in the circle (or players flagged to have contributed) when it completes.

A Player’s WvW Participation score is then used to adjust the final payout that they are awarded.

A Player’s WvW Participation score is then increased after the Reward is paid out.

Players in a small capture group should have a higher payout of Reward per person than being in a massive zerg.

Players in a small capture group should have a higher gain of Participation per person than being in a massive zerg.

Players running in a massive zerg are already rewarded by the thrill of conquest…

We really need to reward the smaller groups that get the ball rolling, or continue to fight against the odds…

+1
I suggested something pretty similar. Large groups are going to be able to cap things faster anyway so the rewards should balance out.

The only issue I see with that is some people will get upset when others join them as they’ll get a smaller reward.

in WvW

Posted by: JDilla.3150

JDilla.3150

I love the Reward Tracks, I think it’s great. It is well placed. Gaining XP for it can be slow at times. What I don’t like is that it has the same reward tracks like PvP. I don’t know, maybe its because I’ve already unlocked every armor/weapon set when I was PvPing. I think it would’ve been better if there were different tracks like armor that’s unobtainable such as Tribal, Stalwart, etc.

in WvW

Posted by: Diku.2546

Diku.2546

@mrme

Don’t forget…what I’m suggesting:

A Player’s WvW Participation Score is increased after the Capture.

Rewards are based on your Participation Score.

No increase or it’s a small increase to Participation Score if they Did Nothing.

Which translate to a small Reward going to the player…and almost no increase to Participation score.

If you’re an active “Participating” player…small groups benefit…and they know you’re helping…that’s how you increase your Participating Score by doing things.

You’re right…players might get upset with getting a smaller pie with players trying to mooch off others, but I can’t imagine that consistently happening…unless it’s a troll player.

If it’s a Troll player…I’d suggest that ANet use a Dishonor Flag Mechanic to stop players like this from ruining the game.

Children in Pre-School are taught to share…I’m pretty sure we can some how teach WvW players too.

Overall the Rewards & Participation Points should scale based on group size.

2 People capping a tower should earn more per person (Rewards & Participation Points) than a group of 50 people capping the same tower because it takes more work & time…imho.

Yours truly,
Diku

(edited by Diku.2546)

in WvW

Posted by: WhatLiesBeneath.9018

WhatLiesBeneath.9018

• How do you feel overall about reward tracks?
    - I love them, this is exactly what WvW needed.
  • What are your thoughts on the rate at which you gain participation?
    - I think that the rate could be slowed down but increase the total participation per tick that you can gain. Something like 750 at highest would be better. It feels a little slow.
  • How do you feel about the rate you earn reward track points?
    - As I said in the former questions I think that the total parcitipation points could be increased to something like 750, cause as it is right now, it feels a little slow.
  • Overall, what are your impressions about the types of reward tracks we have?
    - Pretty much copy paste from PvP reward tracks. However the Armor one is really good (hopefully we could get more of those). But what else do I think it needs?
    - Badges of Honor
    - Proofs of Heroic
    - Boosters
    - Blueprints/traps
    - A way to craft Hero’s weapons maybe? And then let us upgrade them to Mistforged only with WvW Tournamet tickets.

There has to be exclusive rewards that you could only get in WvW, thats all I can say. Now its your time to come up with those rewards

• Are there any other reward tracks you would really like to see?
    - Pretty much covered those in the question above. But I think a reward track/tracks that would make it possible to get ascended crafting materials/laurels/exclusive stuff would be appriciated.

I think adding new Armors and Weapons exclusive to WvW would be a great addition. Without it, how could you show you are a WvW player outside of WvW? Also you should add more achievements, maybe tied to rewardtracks?
Maybe unlocking new reward tracks depending on which rank you are?

And do something for all of those of us that has +1000 rank points we cant do anything with. Make them a currency you can spend or something.

(edited by WhatLiesBeneath.9018)

in WvW

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

So I love the rewards tracks and have already competed 3 of them. I love having them. There are a couple issues with them that are bothering me that I don’t pretend to have all the answers to.

One thing that bothers me is it basically encourages binge playing. If I only have 15 minutes I might be better served doing something else for loot. It takes me about 45 minutes roaming to build up the full +550 points (less in zergs). Then it goes away before I can make full use of it if I can’t dedicate more than an hour or two to wvw.

Another issue is I have to be in wvw at the PPT to get the reward bonus. If I disconnect or want to do something else in GW2, I lose out on the bonus. My GW2 life then becomes about 15-minute chunks.

The last real gripe I have is the rewinding of participation. I understand being idle in wvw for 10 minutes starts to remove it is a great way to prevent people from gaming the system and going afk while collecting rewards. But do the same rules need to apply if I’m offline or on a non-wvw map? I don’t have a solution, there’s a lot of possibility for abuse. But maybe making the last PPT session I contribute to would be when I stop getting rewards would work. If I get a reward and go do fractals for an hour, a HoT meta, or teq; I have to start from scratch in wvw.

As much as I enjoy wvw, a change of pace playing the other content anet spent so much time and effort constructing is nice too.

in WvW

Posted by: Blackarps.1974

Blackarps.1974

I’m definitely on the same page as Tyler B. and wanting more WvW related gear from the tracks (he said that would come as the beta closes). I also wouldn’t be against tracks that give us an ascended weapon or armor box at the end. There isn’t really a need for obsidian shards (WvW players get a ton of karma) or tomes of knowledge (most of us are max rank but a vendor or trader for them would be nice…especially for those that PvP AND WvW). I think it would also be nice to see +WXP buff added to hero banners or just a WXP banner in general. You could have a WvW booster that gives +magic find and +badges of honor and +wxp for 1 hour or break those up. You could always add the liquid consumables to the reward tracks or as part of the final reward as well.

Participation feels alright. Its not great but its better than nothing. I think its a good system for WvW players who have to run around for a while before they can get loot but the progress might be a little slow. +550 could be more however the +138 or whatever it is in EOTM seems fine.

Maguuma Guardian

(edited by Blackarps.1974)

in WvW

Posted by: SyIux.5794

SyIux.5794

How do you feel overall about reward tracks?

They are great, but there are few other areas where rewards could be improved, like unique rewards for winning matchup or reworking world bonuses (more below).

What are your thoughts on the rate at which you gain participation?

The rate seems to be fine. But you should scale it depending on number of people you are playing with. Example it is really fast if you are playing with large zerg, but not with small groups. It takes much longer to take tower or keep if you are running with small groups. You should not favor big groups, I think scaling would encourage people to run with few small groups around map, than running with 1 big blob.
Defending objectives should give you more participation.

How do you feel about the rate you earn reward track points?

It is fine, but some actions should give you better/ more rewards, like defending objective or taking T3 tower/keep with a lot of people defending it.

Overall, what are your impressions about the types of reward tracks we have?

I would like to see more wvw reward tracks, some unique WvW rewards ( which can not be farmed in eotm ).

Are there any other reward tracks you would really like to see?

Reward tracks with:
- Materials for ascended armor
- Runes
- Food buffs and sieges
- Legendary wvw backpack
- Materials for scribing (wvw war room)
- WvW Finisher tracks depending on your wvw rank(which should be also reworked, people are having 1k or more points)
- Guild banners – with logo (just for looks)
- More unique wvw armor/weapon skins.
- Decorations for claimed objectives – possibility of decorating objective with flags etc, so you know that this objective is claimed by x guild and they will always come and defend it.

Others:

Unique wvw rewards for winning matchup, before adding such rewards population and scoring should be fixed, so winning matchup is not determined by the best 24/7 coverage. Bring real competition between worlds.

World bonuses.

Right now everyone from your server gets these pve bonuses, even if you are not playing wvw and helping your world. Like previously, population balance and scoring system should be fixed, to prevent players from moving to the best servers just to win.
Rework pve bonuses, add magic find etc. You must participate in normal wvw for x hours per week to get these bonuses.

in WvW

Posted by: AntiStoopMode.8942

AntiStoopMode.8942

I wanted to hop in the thread and thank everyone for all of the feedback so far! It has been really helpful!

I also wanted to remind everyone that Potions of WvW Reward will be added once the beta is complete. They will work the same as Potions of PvP Reward in that they will drop from dailies and progress WvW Reward Tracks. Just something to keep in mind that will be coming in the future.

Will the experience boosters give “+50% WvW reward track gain” at some point too? For the sake of consistency!

in WvW

Posted by: Diku.2546

Diku.2546

Remove any WvW related Rewards from EoTM.

Badges of Honor
WXP
Equipment
Etc.

Leave any PvE type Rewards as incentive to play EoTM

in WvW

Posted by: Angel Heart.6739

Angel Heart.6739

i like the idea, i think the tracks are good, but they should be limited to WvW and split up between the borderlands and EBG to give a seperate content, more focus should be on the borderlands.

EOTM being a waiting area and just a rank-farm as an area should not have the benefits of the reward-tracks bringing its players back to WvW, the servers and the guilds to play WvW again.

That way the borderlands and the servers will get filled up from noon till 3 in the morning solving the lack of players till prime time.

Its up to the different guilds and servers to re-educate players to play the right way in WvW.

This way you would increase max participation into WvW where the game should be played.

Its too early to judge about the rewards players do not really know yet what to expect.

But in my opinion the most important work that you can do is the working map-rotation and not just for two maps but for 4, granting each week a different map to play on per borderland.

So you have 4 map:

EBG
Alpine
Desert
Edge of the mist

Adapt them
Throw them in a random rotation per week over a period of 4 weeks constituting a month.

And where EBG is now make a point per kill area suitable for GVG/ GVG league and a 3 way fight meta event.

The only other real alternative you have is to put EBG on each of the borderland maps put the other borderlandmaps in a weekly rotation where EBG is so the whining in the gw 2 forum + boycot of the Desert borderlands even now during the stress test which is being positively receid on certain servers (like SFR) stops.

Because the alpine guys are not out to get a compromise they want a full roll back 2 years back, with the old map mechanics and the old stability thinking it will bring players back. Maybe it will for 1 – 3 months and then WvW is totally dead because they chased the players that believe in the the new rewardsystem/ mapsystem / desert borderlands away with their refusal to seek a common ground that might give a stable future to WvW.

just make the whining stop its to much sentimental QQ instead of intelligent logic. Thank you.

Djynn Tm – Founder and Guild Leader – Angel Hearts Clan [Halo] Seafarers Rest

(edited by Angel Heart.6739)

in WvW

Posted by: Kylindra.1794

Kylindra.1794

I’m happy to see them! They need to go faster, though. It’s snails-pace compared to PvP.

Partcipation seems fine, it should just progress the track faster.

This is the weak point right now. I know that eventually consumables will come into play and that should help, but I really think the base right needs to be higher. Right now it feels really slow. Consumables like the ones for PvP would be welcome. Also boosters (not new ones please, just add it to the old ones).

Good. I like that there’s comparability between game modes, but also some unique stuff for each one. That said, we desperately, desperately need a reward track that gives Crystalline Ore (A Dragon’s Stand track?). Right now neither PvP nor WvW players have any way to earn guild armor, guild weapons, or guild miniatures. Those items shouldn’t be specific to PvE.

Dragon’s Stand/Crystalline Ore/Heart of Maguuma! Something that fixes the guild armor and weapon imbalance. In general, I think most things should be obtainable in all game modes, with just a few special things like the Glory stuff reserved for one mode only. Guild stuff should never be game-mode exclusive.

in WvW

Posted by: Columbo.5924

Columbo.5924

A very welcome addition. This was was suggested many times already and it really feels like an improvement.

It’s fair I think. Participation rises fast but also decays fast, promoting an active playstyle. However, there is just one thing that needs to be adressed in my opinion: Scouts (they guys that refresh the siege and keep an eye out for attacks on your keeps) do not properly get participation, although they do a valid job for the rest of the WvW community

It could be a tad bit faster in my opinion. Like a cap at 750 points per tick or something like that.

Pretty good already, but in my opinion we get WAY too much tomes of knowledge. I know that they were put there as a replacement for not getting exp, but with the instant 80 challenge, lots of tomes already stacked in the bank, instant lvl 30 scrolls they will just pile up and collect dust in the bank.

As others have suggested, something like a top-end unique item, like an ascended WvW back piece or something like that.

Abaddon’s Mouth (DE)

in WvW

Posted by: brittitude.1983

brittitude.1983

1. How do you feel overall about reward tracks?
I enjoy reward tracks. It is a great way to earn exclusive items without worrying about RNG.

2. What are your thoughts on the rate at which you gain participation?
I think it is at a good rate.

Although, I think that the way that you gain participation and levels of points per ticks is a little odd. I would think that it would be simpler to just get a percentage of a total amount of points based on participation going to 100%. Like you get a total of 550 pts per tick at 100% and 275 at 50%, etc.

3. How do you feel about the rate you earn reward track points?
I like that EoTM is less than normal WvW, but when comparing normal WvW gain to PvP, it is way too slow.

On average players are about a 50% ratio W/L, then every two games results in over 2 reward tiers being completed. This could take at most 20 minutes and there isn’t a required participation level requirement to max out those rewards, it just starts there. Assuming max match lengths and playing 6 games with a 50/50 W/L, then an average PvP player results in over 3000 pts towards a reward track. If a player has faster matches, which is most likely, and played 8 games per hour, it would be closer to 4000 pts. For WvW, the same amount of time in normal WvW at 100% participation results in 2200 pts.

I wouldn’t mind seeing EoTM work like custom reward tracks and be at about half the normal WvW and then capped as well.

4. Overall, what are your impressions about the types of reward tracks we have?
I like that they have the same PvE ones you get with PvP and that a specific WvW armor track was added. I’m currently working on that one.

I think some of the rewards should be more WvW oriented for the WvW specific tracks.

5. Are there any other reward tracks you would really like to see?
I would love to see more WvW specific ones.
PvP has the Blathazar backpack, so I think there should be a WvW backpack.
I think the ideas for WvW finisher tracks and a Mist Weapon track are both perfect for new tracks.

Overall, I think there should be a track in both pvp and wvw that allows the ability to get ascended crafting mats now that fractals have had them added in to reward chests to balance it between the three game modes more.

(edited by brittitude.1983)

in WvW

Posted by: SkyFallsInThunder.8257

SkyFallsInThunder.8257

The limit of 550 progression for track/tick need to be upped, I would say 1100 would be fine. At the moment the rate at which you get it is alright, but 550 just seems too little and the track advances way more slowly than the PvP tracks…

in WvW

Posted by: Queen of FA.7398

Queen of FA.7398

Please can we have a reward track that give superior siege, wvw foods, and sharpening stones and at the end of it a random exotic?

in WvW

Posted by: Jong.5937

Jong.5937

Maybe the “tome level” reward should be a “bag of experience” a bit like the recipe bags or armor bags, where you get to choose your reward from a few options.

For experience they could be a Tome, or a WvW level (still valuable for the title if nothing else, but I think that gives a tome anyway, so that would need a rework!) and maybe a few other options others could think of!

I agree we now get a crazy number of these. Will anyone other than f2p ever level a character again!

Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Storm Valkyrie.9471

Storm Valkyrie.9471

I put this in a separate thread having scrolled straight past this one. So here it is again.

First I’d like to say thanks a lot for adding the reward tracks to WvW, especially the triumphant armor set one. That being said, I do have some thoughts.

1. Having the reward track attached to the ppt clock feels a bit like being soft-locked in. By this I mean I can’t play WvW for five minutes, and then go off and do something else without getting frustrated that time I’ve spent accruing participation will be thrown down the drain unless I wait the full 15 minutes for the end of the tick. – Maybe having the reward tracks attached to wxp gain would be an improvement. Sort of like in pvp as you gain rank points at the same time as reward track points.

2. This is linked to first issue in some ways, and if that issue were to change then this would be irrelevant, but if I’m trying to get my participation up to the full 550 and the clock is running down for the next tick, sometimes its physically impossible to get to the next objective and build my participation. As roaming is what I do most in WvW, a lot of the time I have small skirmishes which contribute nothing towards my participation. – Maybe player kills could be attached to participation in some way.

3. taking pvp reward tracks as an example again, having potions that add to your reward track as a reward for dailies would be much appreciated. Or they could be added to the loot tables for ranking up, or drops from enemies.

4. related issue to number 3, at the moment the only way to get reward track points is via the ppt clock. It sort of takes the triumph out of the triumphant armor set that you have to wait however many hours to receive one piece of armor at the end. I mean you wait to be given the loot, you might not have fought a single player in the time it took you to build your participation. – Maybe scoring kills on enemy players could be another source of reward points (not participation, actual solid points) either, again, attached to wxp gain for the kill, or just a standard amount like 50 per kill.

That’s pretty much it for now. What think ye?

Thanks

in WvW

Posted by: Sparhawk.7836

Sparhawk.7836

IF you DC in-between ticks you lose any participation and any tick points.

in WvW

Posted by: JCKinz.2305

JCKinz.2305

Working on wvw armor track for the full set. TY for the loots

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

1.) Overall it seems really nice; it allows me to obtain various currency that I would not have wanted to grind in pve for.

2.) Seems alright. The inactivity timer is generous and often encourages hanging around until the next tick.

3.) A bit slow; it does require quite a bit of time. It’s fairly low effort though.

4.) No real issue; there seems to be an overflow of level tomes though.

5.) Tracks that are more unique to WvW and produce wvw specific rewards. The most obvious ones are skins, boxes that contain superior siege, and food of which you seem to have an accurate idea of given the wvw-related boxes in the game. I’d also like to see the existence of ascended wvw trinkets/backpiece with selectable stats.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

in WvW

Posted by: Gatvin.6510

Gatvin.6510

A set of WvW specific tracks would be good like how there is PvP specific tracks. Huh, is there any way we could see Mist Champions worked into WvW as a siege weapon or something?

in WvW

Posted by: Menaki.6329

Menaki.6329

Thank you for speeding up the progress of the reward track with the last patch.
I’m very grateful for these changes, with the arah track I finally finished my first legendary item in three years.

[KILL] – Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: Kekkei Genkai Kage.5930

Kekkei Genkai Kage.5930

Adding a some new Tracks that would give new Finishers or Mini Pets like PvP hero tracks for Stronghold would be awesome. Also having a new Finisher that ties to the PvP rank with a new Rank Finisher for each tier finisher, Possibly like Shatterer Dragon finisher like the Mordrem Dragon Finisher that ties to Heart of Throne expansion

[Rekz] Another Dead WvW Guild

(edited by Kekkei Genkai Kage.5930)

in WvW

Posted by: ThomasC.1056

ThomasC.1056

Hello Gaile,

I’m very excited about the WvW reward tracks, even if I think it’ll need some little tweaks.

A Message from the WvW Team
The first topic, as you probably guessed from the title, is WvW Reward Tracks! Here are a few questions:

It’s a wonderful idea, and that made me want to do more WvW and build a little roaming team within my guild.

1. What are your thoughts on the rate at which you gain participation?
  2. How do you feel about the rate you earn reward track points?
  3. Overall, what are your impressions about the types of reward tracks we have?

Gains seem overall fair. I’m more afraid about losses. Alpine map is vast, and it’s not straightforward to go do something without a long run, and it’s worse when possession is high. Likewise, switching map to find something to do is impossible when there’s a queue. So, I think there should be little thing that’d prevent the participation bar to empty, or I agree with the idea of little gains for each things you do instead of a big one at each tick depending on participation.

1. Are there any other reward tracks you would really like to see?

I think you should build some living world 1st season reward tracks. I’m thinking about :

1. toxic track, with toxic spores, reciepies of various things you can craft with them (sharpening stones, torment sigils and runes…)
  2. twisted marionnette / assault knights, with clockwork mechanisms, blades, reciepes, and power cores as loot.

in WvW

Posted by: Grim West.3194

Grim West.3194

I like the reward tracks. Of course, I wish I could do them faster. Getting a complete set for each armor type will take forever…

My only real complaint is that stacked servers get better progress. I hate that you encourage stacking.

in WvW

Posted by: TorquedSoul.8097

TorquedSoul.8097

Reward tracks should be tied to wvw experience gain, but other than that I like it.

in WvW

Posted by: Blackarps.1974

Blackarps.1974

While the increased rewards are great, it still doesn’t really compare to that of PvE. I was talking to my PvE friend and he can make 80-100g in the same amount of time it takes me to make 10-20g. The one booster that provides a PvP reward track gain should also account for WvW now as well. Can’t wait to see what gets added next!

Maguuma Guardian

in WvW

Posted by: FogLeg.9354

FogLeg.9354

While the increased rewards are great, it still doesn’t really compare to that of PvE. I was talking to my PvE friend and he can make 80-100g in the same amount of time it takes me to make 10-20g. The one booster that provides a PvP reward track gain should also account for WvW now as well. Can’t wait to see what gets added next!

Yes but I rather do WvW for 10g then PvE for 100g. Actually I would still do WvW even if I had to spend 10g.

in WvW

ArchonWing.9480

Yea, pretty much. It was never meant for pve’rs another farm spot if that’s all they are here for. It was meant for WvW players.

That being said the reward track booster should apply here too.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,

in WvW

Posted by: the noobiniser.7465

the noobiniser.7465

The memory of battle drops need to be boosted, by a lot:

you spend 40*500 = 20000 reward points on one track
this means that I spend 20000/575 = 34.78 ticks per track.

I require 200 memory of battle and I get 15 of them per track
200/15 = 13.333 reward tracks

which means I spend

34.78* 13.33 = 463.73 ticks or 77.28 hours

seriously, about 80 hours for my nevermore staff?
I am mainly a PVE er and sometimes PVP, I don’t think this is a reasonable amount of time spent in a game mode I’m not really that interested in.

Or am I missing something?

(edited by the noobiniser.7465)

in WvW

ArchonWing.9480

You can buy memories of battle on the TP

http://www.gw2spidy.com/item/71581

That costs 3.8 gold for 200, which is a drop in the bucket if you’re going for a legendary.

in WvW

Posted by: the noobiniser.7465

the noobiniser.7465

You can buy memories of battle on the TP

http://www.gw2spidy.com/item/71581

That costs 3.8 gold for 200, which is a drop in the bucket if you’re going for a legendary.

Hmmm, I knew I was missing something…

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

Pretty sure I’ve seen this somewhere on the forums, but thought I would mention it again here…

I’m still unable to access the Magus Falls Reward track after finishing the Tangled Depths Reward track. Anyone else stuck there?

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Can we get something done about how close the participation pop-up and shakey chests are? Every time I go to click on a shakey chest, the pop-up gets in the way. Not unique to WvW.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

Posted by: hedix.1986

hedix.1986

This is such a welcome addition! Glad to see that all that time spent in the Mists actually brings rewards now. PvP-like track works really well. Thanks for this change!

4. Overall, what are your impressions about the types of reward tracks we have?
As ppl have stated above, a greater diversity of WvW-themes reward tracks would be great. By now, a lot of dungeoneers, PvPers will have had all of the dungeon-themed gear etc. The new armor is nice, tho.

5. Are there any other reward tracks you would really like to see?
Something that we use a lot on daily basis are foods and stones/oils. Maybe those pricey utility items like Master / Bountiful / Furious Maintenance Oil could be added to the track.

Also, thanks for bringing back Alpine BL! \o/
There is no feeback thread on that, so I’ll write it here: thanks, and I hope it stays for good!

[QQ] – ex RoS, current Piken Square
[DV] – megaboss community

(edited by hedix.1986)

in WvW

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

To complete a reward track is ~8-10 hours what i think is a little too much. There should be easyer and harder reward tracks. 60 hours of gameplay for a wvw only armor skin is perfect. Maybe with additional tracks we could add a little shiny to it.
Other tracks should be fast. Basic game tracks for example

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

in WvW

Posted by: mist.9807

mist.9807

I really like the tracks overall.

I do think that the amount of tomes given from them is a bit overkill though. If the amount given isn’t lessened, I still think there should be something you could trade them for. (Siege, transmutation charges, ect.) Myself and most of my guild are drowning in them and have nothing to use them on anymore.

I think some of the ideas others have come up with for future tracks are good ones. WvW finishers, food-based tracks, possibly exclusive weapons and gear. I would also like to see a track for tribal armor (only cause I’ve been waiting for it forever…)

in WvW

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

I love the reward tracks. I think the rate of gain neither too long or too qucik Like others I would like to see more items awarded that are pvp related such as siege/food consumables and the like over those tomes unless those tomes can be used in some other fashion.

I also think a bit more in the way of earning alternative currency like ley line crystals lumps of aurilium or crystalline ore warranted. Either that or design runes/sigils that can only be earned via a currency unique to WvW. Indeed rather then those tomes and emphyrael fragments A WvW only currency with a WvW vendor with unique goods such as you have in tangled deths/Auric/verdant brink and the like would be nice to see.

A different flavor of this latter might be to have a vendor and currency that is unique to each given bordeland be it ebg your home BL or that of an enemy team (red green blue).

(edited by babazhook.6805)

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

Keep in mind that we’ll also be getting potions like spvp to speed up the tracks, so it will speed up a little more.

The tomes while annoying, you have to also keep in mind that you no longer earn regular exp in wvw, so the tomes cover for the leveling process. I know there are a lot of vets around and players have over 8 characters at level 80 etc, but you still need to have it in the game for the newer players, or players who don’t play as much.

If you don’t need it then trash it, I have a couple stacks sitting in the bank for a rainy day, it doesn’t bother me. Can’t believe people complain about leveling tomes, know how much people would love to have those in other games, heh.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

in WvW

Posted by: Virtute.8251

Virtute.8251

Reduce the variety of rewards per track (particularly the loot boxes) so that they will stack instead of growing to encumbrance. This happens on an inventory that is already maxed for bag slots.

Between combat salvage is so frequent that I’m calling WvW Inventory Wars 2.

If you need to balance the rewards for game currency value, just give us more coin and tokens. The non-stacking boxes are just silly.

PS: I do enjoy the irony of going from “too little reward” to “too much”, though.

Legendary PvF Keep Lord Anvu Pansu Senpai
RvR isn’t “endgame”, it’s the only game. Cu in CU.

(edited by Virtute.8251)

in WvW

Posted by: King Cephalopod.7942

King Cephalopod.7942

Would it be possible/easy to make kicks from WvW for build updates coincide with point ticks or otherwise give a longer grace period? It’s a little vexing being kicked for an update with 1 minute left and +575.

A little savagery now and then is relished by the wisest men.
Don’t cry, Signet of Mercy. Others may forget you, but I will always remember.
Our deficiencies may be overcome by practice and self-discipline.

in WvW

Posted by: aandiarie.7195

aandiarie.7195

I would like tracks that give Superior siege, Guild siege, superior sharpening stones. Also can the boxes it give be more stackable? When you get like 20 kinds of loot boxes that don’t stack because they are different kinds in the track, it makes things not cool when your bags are full and you have a big fight. So maybe have a wvw loot box as a box instead of skelk loot box, hlyek loot box, etc.

in WvW

ArchonWing.9480

Well, it seems to have have a lot of great effect according to gw2efficiency. Naturally my account was worth crap before due to mostly playing WvW and I’m still in the bottom compared to others with similar playtime— it barely increased in the two months before the patch which I am sure in pve it would have been a lot more which surprises no one. Now I just have so much crap sitting in my bank I’m not sure what to do with it.

I drew a blue line indicating when the April WvW changes came along and I’ve been mostly WvW ever since the changes. Although disappointingly enough, it’s probably just some of the skins I’ve gotten with the tracks or something. Still good— I’d probably never get them normally. Part of it is also due to me playing more, which is also good.

Attachments:

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

in WvW

Posted by: archmagus.7249

archmagus.7249

I like the reward tracks, but I’d like to see a track which gave ascended materials, such as mats and WvW infusions (because they’re ridiculously expensive.)

I’d also like to see the gifts we use for legendary weapons at the end of the dungeon tracks if we’ve run through the story.

Other than that, awesome job with the reward tracks.

in WvW

Posted by: Korgov.7645

Korgov.7645

The amount of loot spam is doubled. There is lot more micro management in form of opening reward boxes that contain PvE boxes that contain crap items that end up being processed the usual way. 30 minutes of agony using the Trading Post UI with jolly red “You have placed too many sell orders too quickly” messages.

Any hope of fixing the loot tables to contain meaningful items only and lacking those just plain gold?

Attachments:

Sulkshine – Mesmer
This won’t hurt [Much]
Ring of Fire

in WvW

Posted by: Cecilia.5179

Cecilia.5179

I like that there are reward tracks, but there are two major lines that are missing imo
HoT stats: We should have a line that gives exotics with HoT stats and HoT stats crafting mats.
Ascended Gear: WvW has a far slower gear grind for ascended mats than PvE, and the chances of getting an Ascended drop are almost nonexistent. A line that gives out t6 mats for crafting ascended gear and ends with a guaranteed piece of ascended gear would be perfect. I don’t think this is too much with the current reward track rate, as it will take at least a week to fill the reward gauge (14-16 gear slots x 9 characters).

Necromancer Rights Advocate
Restart WvW: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Clean-The-Slate/first#post6208959
#CleanTheSlate