¿Oficial position on agreements on WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: jrdp.1856

jrdp.1856

From the last two matchups in WvW we saw first Vizunah Square pacting a result with Piken Square against Seafarer’s Rest and this week again Vizunah Square pacting with Jade Sea against Baruch Bay.

I only want to receive a feedback from ANet to know the official position about agreements in the WvW results and the adulterated competition we get from those agreements.

Pelease, this is not a server vs server thread, only want to known the oficial position about it, because i like the tournament idea, but hate it in the current form.

in WvW

Posted by: Coarr.3286

Coarr.3286

why do you think vizuna would made any agreements with other server to win a matchup? i did fight a lot of times against them and have met them as the most fair server in eu. they are true sportmen and gentlemen. on top of that they have the best comunity in terms of implementation of all kind of wvw groups. pug, guild raid, small scale ect pp

[care] Coarr Ix – Ranger
Kodash
Stomp some Piken!

in WvW

Posted by: nickiehu.1674

nickiehu.1674

So when 2 zergs (from different servers) are standing peaceful together whily they besiege a 3rd servers keep (more than just once), that is normal for you? that is actually poor and very gentlemanlik, yeah.

in WvW

Posted by: sminkiottone.6972

sminkiottone.6972

/tinfoil hat

in WvW

Posted by: ptitminou.6489

ptitminou.6489

Its a strategic alliance to take out the other keeps. Why fight each other when you can make a keep paper and then go cap it 10mins later? If all servers did that, WP would be useless, in time, you will learn to play.

kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten
Because censorship is the most important part of the MMO business.

in WvW

Posted by: nickiehu.1674

nickiehu.1674

so where is than the sense in world vs world? I mean, everyone is running around with 60+ zergs and we all know in this situations – mass counts.
so it is 60+ against 120+? if this is the way it goes, than we can just go back to the old system where server plays randomly vs server: doesn’t matter if for example 70 kodash fight against a t3 (or lower) server or a server gets doubleteamed – everyone can guess the outcome.

in WvW

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

why do you think vizuna would made any agreements with other server to win a matchup?

They’ve made agreements in the past. They are certainly not above double-teaming, so lets get that cleared up right fast.

in WvW

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

An 80 man force from Server A that has to spawn across the map will almost never be able to defeat an 80 man force from Server B that can spawn right in the keep. You need a 3rd server to come in and help assist Server A in flipping the keep back to paper.

It’s good strategy and it’s something that happens in T1 NA multiple times over the course of one day.

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: Troma.3250

Troma.3250

Sorry,

but you are going totally paranoid. No pact with piken, we know nobody on this server. They are cool and respectful but nothing more between us. We just focused SFR, as a natural old enemy and bigger danger.

And wth, we do not have a pact with Jade too. Some of them think the contrary, i had to explain them we are not focusing them. This is insane.

1) we cannot pact between french servers, too much old rivalty
2) we don’t know people on Piken
3) we do not need to do it
4) if it was true, baruch would not have almost the same points of Jade

Meh, sometimes people are strange.

Jade people told me we focused them
And you say we focus you?

Like a Grand Cross member just said in our chat:

“Vizunah, the only server to make pact with both side and focusing both sides”

oh man

Attachments:

co-founder of Grand Cross Alliance
General of Grand Cross Knights [GCK]
www.grandcross.fr/codex-gck

(edited by Troma.3250)

in WvW

Posted by: Ozzel.5634

Ozzel.5634

@jrdp.1856 → Accept it and move forward.

SFR

in WvW

Posted by: Falkynn.3789

Falkynn.3789

People of JS think this:
VS help BB against JS. Because VS wants to see JS at the third position.

So…

in WvW

Posted by: Xispeo.1706

Xispeo.1706

There is no agreement guys, maybe we care a bit less to Jade Sea than Baruch, but all in all this is a good thing for us to get our opponents fighting each other for the 2nd place, which finally doesn’t function that well if you consider how we got blasted during the last prime on our homemap. But you know guys we french have some “gaulois” blood and we generally tend to fight against each other rather than agree

Vizunah – Zorèy/Crystalizer

in WvW

Posted by: scootshoot.6583

scootshoot.6583

If Anet had issue with it, they would not allow one to invite party an opposing player in WvW and freely chat with them.

in WvW

Posted by: Chuck Zitto.2367

Chuck Zitto.2367

Pretty sure that’s why they made wvw 3 different servers. Although pretty much every matchup were going to have this league there will be one server that can easily beat the other two combined.

in WvW

scootshoot.6583

Pretty sure that’s why they made wvw 3 different servers. Although pretty much every matchup were going to have this league there will be one server that can easily beat the other two combined.

Some commanders are better at initiating ingame diplomacy then others.

in WvW

Xispeo.1706

I think that if you design WvW as 1v1 per map the game should be rapidly boring.
Keep 3 persons in one room and you’ll ever have a problem of 2v1 rapidly appearing.
So designing WvW as a 1v1v1 map is the best way to generate fights, also if you observe WvW you gonna see almost constantly servers using other servers fighting each other as opportunities to hijack their towers

in WvW

Posted by: Leyo.1935

Leyo.1935

As a “Jade Sea-an” i understand why we would seek an alliance with VS (which is NOT the case ; to have the opportunity to fight french-speaking opponents is priceless to most of us).

But, seriously. Why VS would ally to us ? What’s their gain ? Errr …

VS already won the match up. They simply don’t need us. Just face it : both BB and JS are of no importance to them. They have a better off-peak coverage, a better organisation ; they don’t need any helping hand.

(edited by Leyo.1935)

in WvW

Posted by: jrdp.1856

jrdp.1856

As i told you before, this is not a server A vs server B thread, it happends and everyone known that but that’s not the point of the thread.

Just want to known if there is any oficial posture on this because of the WvW adulteration, if this is allowed, if it will be punished or just ignored.

in WvW

Xispeo.1706

Good luck with that, but my little demon tells me that they expect WvW to be a mess, and they most probably have some talentuous and experienced enough devs to have planned what’s going on IG ^^

in WvW

scootshoot.6583

As i told you before, this is not a server A vs server B thread, it happends and everyone known that but that’s not the point of the thread.

Just want to known if there is any oficial posture on this because of the WvW adulteration, if this is allowed, if it will be punished or just ignored.

The ingame tools allow it to happen freely. That should be your answer there.

What is Anet gonna do as punishment? Ban accounts? It’s not gonna happen. IF they had issue with it, all they need to do is remove the ability to invite an opposing player in wvw to a party and talk with them

in WvW

Posted by: Crazysky.8369

Crazysky.8369

Guys before starting to say soemthing like this. use the WONDERFUL tool Anet gave us : API.

SO go on this webiste : http://gw2wvw.org/?region=2&tier=3
Look at the “FOCUS” part.

I’m not sure how to read it if its the server’s focus or the focus on the server (you follow me right ?>_<)

Look at the Focus stats make your point. At least what you can read is “there is no focus from VS on BB”.

Crazz
Vizunah Square Commander
Founder of Vizunah.net & TS PVE : ts.vizunah.net

in WvW

Posted by: meikodesign.6471

meikodesign.6471

Guys before starting to say soemthing like this. use the WONDERFUL tool Anet gave us : API.

SO go on this webiste : http://gw2wvw.org/?region=2&tier=3
Look at the “FOCUS” part.

I’m not sure how to read it if its the server’s focus or the focus on the server (you follow me right ?>_<)

Look at the Focus stats make your point. At least what you can read is “there is no focus from VS on BB”.

Just to be clear. In this website, “FOCUS” means “Successfully taken by X from Y”.

Lunavi – Ranger 80 ~ Charr Kuttery – Warrior 80
Little Lunavi – Ranger – Rank 4x
[CPC] Insert Coin – Vizunah Square [FR]

in WvW

Posted by: Provost.6210

Provost.6210

The people making tinfoil hat references really make me laugh. Last week Jade Quarry and Sanctum of Rall teamed up to take us (Blackgate). On Day 1 of the WvW season I was standing in Ogrewatch in Eternal Battlegrounds watching as we were trebbed from the Ogre camp by SoR and our reinforcements coming from our keep were harassed by JQ to the south. The rest of the week saw constant examples of JQ and SoR zergs simply passing each other by while en-route to assault various BG objectives, not a single auto-attack being exchanged as they practically ran through each other.

When BG would take them on in the field, they’d organize to flank us with a level of coordination that cannot be achieved without both servers’ zergs sharing a TeamSpeak channel.

Double-teaming is a very real tactic employed in WvW, especially when you get into more serious competition. ANet’s stance on it is that it’s all going exactly as intended, whether there are server alliances or not.