Oh, how I miss defending :[

in WvW

Posted by: Sephirius.1457

Sephirius.1457

Like some other folks, came back to GW2 after a bit of a vacation to try out all the new goodies, especially for WvW. Love the new ranks, abilities and rewards. Definitely puts a new fresh coat of ponies and rainbows on the thing.

However, there is one thing I miss and miss often. Defending.

Gone are the days where we sat in a keep or tower, turrets manned and furiously defending our supply lines with arrow-soaked bloodbaths. The satisfaction of actually taking and holding territory was rewarding with our guild banner’s flying in the wind while we made obscene gestures to the opposing side from our walls, taunting them to come at us again.

Now, WvW seems like a giant game of this – http://youtu.be/tkzWZyCju_U – in the case of giant human-norn-asura-char-pedes circle the wvw map in search of badge food.

Seriously, what happened? Can we tweak something to make WvW fun as it was again??

in WvW

Posted by: Laii.2780

Laii.2780

Defending against a larger force is easier now then ever sense Carts were made OP o-o. 3 AC’s = no pvdoor and and no rams. And if its an enemy zergy smart enough to use a treb to kill all your carts, you just hope you have 5ish people around to flash build a treb before them to kill theirs~

[CERN] ~ WAR/Necro^ O ^)/!

in WvW

Posted by: Karolis.4261

Karolis.4261

WXP… Attacking>Defending, PVE>PVP. If object is being defended just change spot, gives you more bang for your buck… (bang being wxp). I know it sux.

PvP hero Valentin in action!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HiYUlhsO_M
cough*keyboardturningclicker*cough

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

Funny I was about to say they need to re-buff the nerfs to the buffs to the nerfs to the original AC’s from beta.

AC’s are worthless again. With the speed Golems can take down even T3 gates, AC damage to Golems needs to be re-buffed.

in WvW

Posted by: Kronyx.2570

Kronyx.2570

Funny I was about to say they need to re-buff the nerfs to the buffs to the nerfs to the original AC’s from beta.

AC’s are worthless again. With the speed Golems can take down even T3 gates, AC damage to Golems needs to be re-buffed.

Golems can’t be portalled. Fixed!

Rheayas – 80 Guardian
Guild Leader Of [LOOT]
Yaks Bend Allaince Commander [YBA]

in WvW

Posted by: GuardianOMS.8067

GuardianOMS.8067

Welcome back to WXP Wars 2! Hope you enjoyed your stay.

What server are you on that just never defends, ever?

Sgt Killjoy – “Pedantic” “babe” and “bff” of Saiyr
The devs don’t care about WvW so I’m gonna kill players in PvE!

in WvW

Posted by: KillEveryoneElse.3940

KillEveryoneElse.3940

gates need 50 x hit points at least

in WvW

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

I agree with this one. Golems are more like armor than like rams. You cannot hit the user of a Golem, whereas you can hit the user of a ram.

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

in WvW

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

Yep defending is a thing of the past now. Not naming servers, but this morning I showed up to a complete wipe of the eternal battlegrounds map; and what do you think was upgraded? You guessed it, nothing. Why bother defending now when the name of the game is currently Flip Wars 2. If you put up any defensive upgrades at all then it is just a waste of cash and chances are you will be flipped in just slightly longer with a couple golems.

Sad but true, even with a couple arrow carts (when they work) you can’t hold back a large zerg perpetually circling your map for the WxP and eventually it is just best to just join your servers zerg.

in WvW

Posted by: Jimmy JimBob.2801

Jimmy JimBob.2801

If they could find a balanced way to bring back the Orbs of Power that would be a step

in WvW

Posted by: Fallout.1798

Fallout.1798

If they could find a balanced way to bring back the Orbs of Power that would be a step

Sadly Orbs of Power were removed because of 2 main reasons. First they gave the server that had all 3 orbs a definitely unfair advantage over the other 2. (a 15% stat boost is really significant) Second was because of how irresistible the orbs of power were to hackers. Hackers would pull out all the stops to get those orbs of power for there server, teleporting with the orb across the map, teleporting into enemy keep to steal the orb, and so on.

Stormbluff Isle
[AoD]- Commander Vars Wolf

in WvW

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

I think it would be better if they made towers/keeps/castles a lot better fortified, cause this game is loosing all touch with reality. I see towers/keeps being switched 5 times in a few hours. Really, fighting for a fortress should take hours, not minutes!

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

in WvW

Posted by: GuardianOMS.8067

GuardianOMS.8067

cause this game is loosing all touch with reality.

Sgt Killjoy – “Pedantic” “babe” and “bff” of Saiyr
The devs don’t care about WvW so I’m gonna kill players in PvE!

in WvW

Jimmy JimBob.2801

Sadly Orbs of Power were removed because of 2 main reasons. First they gave the server that had all 3 orbs a definitely unfair advantage over the other 2. (a 15% stat boost is really significant) Second was because of how irresistible the orbs of power were to hackers. Hackers would pull out all the stops to get those orbs of power for there server, teleporting with the orb across the map, teleporting into enemy keep to steal the orb, and so on.

Aye they were removed for good reason… They’d have to rebalance the buffs they gave before bringing them back in, but they were excellent in nicely balanced matchups.

As for hacking that wouldn’t be a problem if there was a decent system in place to permaban anyone who used them…

in WvW

Posted by: gimmethegepgun.1284

gimmethegepgun.1284

As for hacking that wouldn’t be a problem if there was a decent system in place to permaban anyone who used them…

Or if they just, say, required the lord to be dead to be removed from the altar.

in WvW

Jimmy JimBob.2801

Or if they just, say, required the lord to be dead to be removed from the altar.

Yeh, though a mesmer could still hack in and portal in a zerg. Would obviously mean he either pretended to have hidden there, or have a pretty dodgy server/guild group

in WvW

Posted by: gimmethegepgun.1284

gimmethegepgun.1284

Yeh, though a mesmer could still hack in and portal in a zerg. Would obviously mean he either pretended to have hidden there, or have a pretty dodgy server/guild group

Still better than before since at least the hacker needs accomplices.

in WvW

Jimmy JimBob.2801

Yeh. Though saying that it’s not exactly difficult to one or two man a keep lord

in WvW

Posted by: Fallout.1798

Fallout.1798

Aye they were removed for good reason… They’d have to rebalance the buffs they gave before bringing them back in, but they were excellent in nicely balanced matchups.

The reporting people for hacking stuff gets really complicated and tricky though . How many people get reported falsely just because they were either a really skilled player, or were legitimately suffering lag issues in that it seems to others that you are teleporting 5 foot distances? So how much are the player reporting services clogged up with pointless, untrue, or just plain trolling reports?
Case in point the other day when I was will some of my guild in an spvp matchup, an enemy player reported me because I was killing him so much on my ranger. He didn’t even offer any explanation as to why he “thought” I was hacking.

Stormbluff Isle
[AoD]- Commander Vars Wolf

in WvW

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

I don’t miss “defending”. Nothing is more annoying that circling a tower and continually going in and getting flattened in seconds with no chance of escape. This made game play dreadfully slow and boring. Build a treb and take out the AC’s? Sure, up until their treb knocks yours out before it’s even built.

If it was made, that trebs could not destroy other trebs, I’d be perfectly fine with siege going back to the way it was. At least this way, it would force the defenders to come out and destroy the other treb to keep their defenses up.

I was one of the people for AC’s buffs at the beginning, and still was for them for a week in; but after I’ve witnessed just how painfully slow things became, I don’t support them anymore.

in WvW

Posted by: Xsorus.2507

Xsorus.2507

Most defense’s in this game will fail unless the attacker doesn’t vastly outnumber the defender…If its equal numbers you can win, but if the attacker has a metric ton more then you, nothing you can do…all it takes is one mesmer getting by your “line” and they can port in a large number of people to take out any Arrow Carts you have..Once the Arrow Carts go, you go…

Then you get into the whole upgrading stuff is pointless when one side has massive numbers of players all night vs only half the time, Meaning they’ll just take everything during the night when you don’t have enough defense.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Natures Ninja and Pain Inverter – Ranger PvP movies
http://www.twitch.tv/xsorovos

in WvW

Posted by: Kronyx.2570

Kronyx.2570

Do you know how slow a treb rotates direction

Hint Hint

Rheayas – 80 Guardian
Guild Leader Of [LOOT]
Yaks Bend Allaince Commander [YBA]