One Last Huzzah for Confusion!

in WvW

Posted by: Entropy.4732

Entropy.4732

Well it’s official. Our glorious purple swirls of confusion will be broken. Destroyed. Rendered essentially useless. The forces that be caved to the lamentations of warriors and thieves everywhere. A 50% damage reduction will render Mesmer glam builds extinct, along with the confusion engineer. Many brave forum warriors died to prevent this needless nerf. But we failed. Now nothing stands between the massive, mindless hordes of button mashing mega-zergs. Don’t come crying to us when you can’t break up that mob camping your spawn. Don’t come crying to us when your keep is wiped in seconds. Those days are over! Most condition Mesmers, myself included, will retrait power shatter builds. All that carrion / rabid gear we grinded is useless. But we still have one last weekend to give confusion the noble funeral it deserves.

I call on all confusion Mesmers! Rise up! Storm WvW this weekend in one last huzzah of glorious pink spirals!!! They’ve called us OP, they’ve QQ’d us into extinction! Let them feel our wrath one last time!!

And post your new builds below or what class you are going to re-roll as. Post how you think this will effect WvW long term. Discuss.

Styx Hemlock – Sylvari Mesmer – TFG – NSP

in WvW

Posted by: Bertrand.3057

Bertrand.3057

Going full-time on the 100b GS warrior now, ofc.

Talleyrand, Captain and Commander of the Bloody Pirates
Asura on patrol in defense of Gandara and Bessie!
Administrator of http://thisisgandara.com

in WvW

Posted by: Darek.1836

Darek.1836

Well it was OP… sorry.

Holy
Sharks With Lazers [PEW]

in WvW

Posted by: Isaac.6041

Isaac.6041

Well, since confusion and retaliation punishes others for taking action. You can expect to see more action or more willingness to take action. I think the change will be fine. I just hope mesmers and engineers have other skills buffed to compensate.

in WvW

Posted by: Aneu.1748

Aneu.1748

Well it was OP… sorry.

Its one of the easiest conditions to counter! Imob is op, confusion is just misunderstood by so many people who have 1 on auto-loop.

Great job Arenanet, turn this game into even more of a casual mess.

Aneu | [VoTF]
http://www.votf.net

in WvW

Entropy.4732

Well, since confusion and retaliation punishes others for taking action. You can expect to see more action or more willingness to take action. I think the change will be fine. I just hope mesmers and engineers have other skills buffed to compensate.

Very slight cool down reduction for mantras. A slight uptick for sigils I think. Hardly buffs.

in WvW

Posted by: Darek.1836

Darek.1836

If they buffed the damage of confusion by 4x, would you guys think its op! No, because you just dont attack! They nerfed it just as it was in spvp.. No this doesnt apply to crits because we can get more toughness as others get more crits. We cant change condi damage, regardless of game type.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LE7T4vq8JoM

Holy
Sharks With Lazers [PEW]

in WvW

Posted by: Wonderer.1790

Wonderer.1790

Why should the mesmer class be the only one to stop zergs? Should another class be the only one able to take camps solo? etc etc. Its a needed balance and besides, Mesmers probably excel at more aspects in this game then any other class.

80 Thief, 80 Warrior, working on Mesmer.

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Well it was OP… sorry.

Only not, learn to play. Play as a glamor mesmer take notes on those who are able to cleanse the condition.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: pixieish.9627

pixieish.9627

So, I’m supposed to feel sorry that your one trick build is broken now? Hold on, let me get my violin.

Reiseiji, Guardian, Fabulous Spec
Kaschen, Engi, Nerfed Spec
Devona’s Refugee, recently arrived to F.Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

Says the thief class^:-)

Retaliation is a bigger problem than confusion, especially for an ranger.

Without confusion glamour mesmers the blob zergs will be even harder to even HIT, never mind stop.

I think next time I’m on I’ll just play necro and play ‘tag the entire zerg’ and hope it died.

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

I’ll be out there tonight spreading the pink death. More powerful than Superman, stronger than the Hulk, faster than Flash, its Confusor, muhwahhhaaa…

Then I’ll switch to my Guardian and Engi that I’ve been leveling up. Or my Ranger. Maybe it’ll be nice to roll with something else for awhile.

in WvW

Posted by: Sleepyy.1598

Sleepyy.1598

Well it was OP… sorry.

Its one of the easiest conditions to counter! Imob is op, confusion is just misunderstood by so many people who have 1 on auto-loop.

Great job Arenanet, turn this game into even more of a casual mess.

^^^^
It was OP against bads

in WvW

Posted by: TonyDiMeglio.5461

TonyDiMeglio.5461

This is the dumbest kitten EVER. Soooo confusion based mesmers are useless now? Because I can’t PvE for kitten with my Glamour build. I just got my Glamour mesmer geared and then this kitten? Pft…. I highly doubt I will be logging in to this game for very long.

50%? Get the kitten out of here

in WvW

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

Just because something is easy to avoid or counter doesn’t mean you make it obscenely powerful to compensate for it. Confusion needed the adjustment.

in WvW

Posted by: genowefapigwa.5769

genowefapigwa.5769

Who is going to counter blob now Arenanet don;t know what www is and most of guilds are going to change the game after a good realease

Goraca Mariola
INC&Garaz Runkaraki
Ele from Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Darxio.5672

Darxio.5672

Confusion needed to change. The closer it gets to spvp levels, the better.

This change won’t effect a good Mesmer(Or other classes with access to confusion). It will, however, tone down the one-trick pony confusion builds that are uncatchable.

Brigade of the Black Twilight [BBT]
Darxio – Thief Commander

in WvW

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

Yes, it needed nerfing as some mindless zergers kept dieing to it and it was stopping them from spamming auto attack one and mashing F whilst running around in a 70 man ball…..(sarcasm)

Obscenely powerful is a skill that there is no counter to- like stealth, finishing from stealth, etc.

Biggest problem is the aoe nerf to 5, which has caused a lot of the problems, otherwise conditions would be simple to deal with and could all be turned to boons with the help of a couple of necros (and then back to conditions by enemy necros, etc.).

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)

in WvW

Posted by: Aneu.1748

Aneu.1748

Just because something is easy to avoid or counter doesn’t mean you make it obscenely powerful to compensate for it. Confusion needed the adjustment.

So because large swathes of people are either incompetent or just down right bad at understanding that if they dodge/attack confusion will hurt them that means it should be reduced in damage to counter this obvious lack of player skill?

What will happen next? Imob will be turned into a run-speed buff and retaliation will actually heal!

Either get more condition removal or dont have your 1 skill on auto-loop and confusion becomes so easy to deal with.

Aneu | [VoTF]
http://www.votf.net

in WvW

Entropy.4732

I’ll be out there tonight spreading the pink death. More powerful than Superman, stronger than the Hulk, faster than Flash, its Confusor, muhwahhhaaa…

Then I’ll switch to my Guardian and Engi that I’ve been leveling up. Or my Ranger. Maybe it’ll be nice to roll with something else for awhile.

Yes! YESSSSSS my pink butterfly brother! Let Confusor run wild and free like a drunk skritt who misplaced his pants….

in WvW

Posted by: RoChan.1926

RoChan.1926

I think I’m going to respec into shatter build… I just don’t want to have to regrind all my armor/weapons/trinkets again… Kinda wish there was a way to turn in armor/weapons/trinkets for a different set of stats each time the nerf bat hit. Even if it was a half the price it would help at little for the loss of time.

Optee Kaal Allusion | The Evil Empire
[TRY][POV]
“Kitten the yaks, so persistent about everything.” -Ebay

in WvW

TonyDiMeglio.5461

I think I’m going to respec into shatter build… I just don’t want to have to regrind all my armor/weapons/trinkets again… Kinda wish there was a way to turn in armor/weapons/trinkets for a different set of stats each time the nerf bat hit. Even if it was a half the price it would help at little for the loss of time.

This is exactly why I will probably end up quitting. I am not going to refarm a diff set or another character just to have that build go down the kittenter once people who don’t know how to play start complaining about it.

Maybe I should just make a thief and spam heartseeker.

in WvW

Posted by: Xirin.8593

Xirin.8593

I don’t think you will achieve very good results.

[AoN] All or Nothing

in WvW

Posted by: Darx.9842

Darx.9842

Confusion needed to change. The closer it gets to spvp levels, the better.

This change won’t effect a good Mesmer(Or other classes with access to confusion). It will, however, tone down the one-trick pony confusion builds that are uncatchable.

Uncatchable?

in WvW

Posted by: Darx.9842

Darx.9842

I brought my 80 thief into WvW for the first time yesterday, had an 8k heartseeker. Never seen 8k confusion..

in WvW

TonyDiMeglio.5461

exactly. thiefs get a BUFF and my build gets destroyed…. no no no no. This game can go kitten itself

in WvW

Posted by: Xirin.8593

Xirin.8593

I brought my 80 thief into WvW for the first time yesterday, had an 8k heartseeker. Never seen 8k confusion..

Not taking the bait. Good day, sir.

[AoN] All or Nothing

in WvW

Posted by: ErlendR.6107

ErlendR.6107

maaaaaaaaan
all the karma for the rabid gear … kitten kitten kitten
i only played the mesmer 2 weeks … kitten kitten kitten
ill make a warrior and ill start spam 1111111111111111111111111111111
meh

Proud ex-Kaineng T8 best server ever vs DR & FC
FC
Retired

in WvW

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

Its still going to be strong it just wont be as strong. Looking at that video that is posted here that ticked for 4k. So a 2k will still kill someone the button masher isn’t going to stop mashing buttons because they have confusion applied at even if it was 100% damage buff or it only did 2%.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

in WvW

Entropy.4732

Honestly, I love this game, but I fear this nerf is a sign of it heading in the wrong direction. Leveling a character to 80 and grinding a ton of gear only to discover that all your work was done under a false assumption, namely that the build you were grinding for would EXIST in the future, is endlessly frustrating. And it weakens my loyalty to the game. When another MMO comes along, I’m gonna be tempted to leave now. Big time.

in WvW

Posted by: SmoothHussler.6387

SmoothHussler.6387

It punished stupid players who do not pay attention to what buffs their target has or what conditions they had on themselves. It doesnt, and never did punish players who were conscious of their battlespace.

This smacks of a nerf to appease the lowest common denominator. Thanks for buffing prybar #3 in the engineer tool kit only to kill it one month later Anet.

Maguuma: Thug Life: [DERP][ME][PYRO] and other assorted dead guilds.

in WvW

Posted by: SkullRaven.5630

SkullRaven.5630

Bad Anet! Bad! This really is discouraging news. :/ Also where did the OP get the information it was being nerfed? I would love to see their explanation of why first hand.

Wandering aimlessly in HoD.

in WvW

Posted by: CreativeAnarchy.6324

CreativeAnarchy.6324

I don’t understand the need for confusion to be nerfed. Wasn’t hard to deal with.

I speak for my self and no one else. Only fools believe they speak for a majority.

in WvW

Posted by: Maniac.5163

Maniac.5163

I’d expect to see more bunker guardians and d/d eles in the upper tiers, maybe some more power necros too. It’ll be harder to find mesmers for porting etc, I’d expect most mesmers who don’t change class to be a roaming shatter build with a couple stealths (the stronger build in small scale fights)

in WvW

Posted by: Ruin.3461

Ruin.3461

Disregarding whether or not confusion is/was OP, it was bad design regardless. The stylistic decisions of this game are designed around forcing players to take action – even auto attacks are spells. A skill that punishes players for doing so, and does so without reactionary direction, is is against the style they promote with their other design decisions.

Tier 1 Casual

in WvW

Posted by: graverr.6473

graverr.6473

Confusion stacking glamour build is trully by far the most overpowerd thing in the game but only a very,very few players did manage to master it at 100%.Ofcourse everyone whining about how it was only players being bad ,lmao,never had a clue about how powerfull and downright godmode/i win button is in WvW.IF you still think bringing condition removals would save you to blow yourselves up only by removing the wrong condition instead i only have i thing to say : prove without it how really bad the other players are or forever shut it and suck it up.It’s enough you got away for 8 months with this kind of easymode unbalanced bs.
It is you that has the “skillz” and players of other classes are just bad ?Prove it.Plenty of builds out there for you to show the world how glamour players were the true elite and not the condition or build itself.Easy right ?

Mini Somales -Seven Instincts- [siN]

(edited by graverr.6473)

in WvW

Posted by: Plutonium.1308

Plutonium.1308

These sort of builds where the enemy damages themselves by not being aware are my favorite in every game and get eventually nerfed in every game because dumb players pay just like smart ones. Guess it’s time for a regen ranger.

Observe Adapt Overcome
[FTF]Danke Bitte

in WvW

graverr.6473

These sort of builds where the enemy damages themselves by not being aware are my favorite in every game and get eventually nerfed in every game because dumb players pay just like smart ones. Guess it’s time for a regen ranger.

Funny how glamour mesmers were the “smartest” players in the game while everyone else were just “dumb players

Right ?

Oh and nice to add up you go from one roflbuild to another.Helps all the “dumb players” prove their point even better. Gl with your new class.

(edited by graverr.6473)

in WvW

Posted by: Ruin.3461

Ruin.3461

Disregarding whether or not confusion is/was OP, it was bad design regardless. The stylistic decisions of this game are designed around forcing players to take action – even auto attacks are spells. A skill that punishes players for doing so, and does so without reactionary direction, is is against the style they promote with their other design decisions.

I disagree. I think it promoted higher skilled gameplay and build/team synergy. Unlike bleed/burning that pulses damage automagically, confusion is damage on skill use. The receiver has full control over the damage they take from it. You could yell over to a buddy to drop a light field and have him spin around in it; that’s higher level gameplay. What it did punish though, like other people have said, are the l0l222spammers and people who have poor awareness/zerker build without condition cleanses. It’s sad that anet chose to listen to these types of people. :\

Only in optimal conditions do they have full control over it. There are many circumstances in wvw where players have no where near full control, whether because of server-side issues, frame rate drops, or other conditions stacked on top of it. I don’t know about you, but server issues are common as dirt when I play.

Tier 1 Casual

in WvW

Posted by: Plutonium.1308

Plutonium.1308

Smart players see they have stacks of confusion and know that means they should do less actions/run away for a bit/use a cleanse dumb players don’t see anything but their bars as they move the mouse over them to click skills, or smash autoattack and wonder later why they died. I didn’t insult you unless you are in the latter group, you do seem irritated by something though.

Thx for the well wishes, I’ll be adding ranger to my stable of 80’s in a couple days. Buildwars 2 is fun stuff still long as you don’t cling to any one setup or class too much. If they get around to nerfing regen it’ll be time for the next build, that’s how games work my friend. Enjoy your roleplaying.

Observe Adapt Overcome
[FTF]Danke Bitte

in WvW

graverr.6473

I disagree. I think it promoted higher skilled gameplay and build/team synergy. Unlike bleed/burning that pulses damage automagically, confusion is damage on skill use. The receiver has full control over the damage they take from it. You could yell over to a buddy to drop a light field and have him spin around in it; that’s higher level gameplay. What it did punish though, like other people have said, are the l0l222spammers and people who have poor awareness/zerker build without condition cleanses. It’s sad that anet chose to listen to these types of people. :\

Only in optimal conditions do they have full control over it. There are many circumstances in wvw where players have no where near full control, whether because of server-side issues, frame rate drops, or other conditions stacked on top of it. I don’t know about you, but server issues are common as dirt when I play.

It wasn’t even that .How many times someone presses condition removal and ups 6.999 hit cuz guess what it removed 1 stack of bleed /facepalm .Now you only need to get past the poison,burn,blind,weakness,vulnerability,chilled,crippled,fear and immobilize.Gambler much? lets see how russian roulete works in WvW. Nice ods

in WvW

Posted by: ExZee.8109

ExZee.8109

Exactly. Confusion is the best condition that exemplifies “active combat” – knowing when to STOP attacking has already proven itself to be too hard a concept to grasp for the forum whiners. All the ones whining about confusion are those who simply can’t grasp the fact that you don’t instantly die from doing nothing while an enemy is in front of you. They panic and get tunnel visioned and their solution is to spam every skill in their arsenal in a psychological race to see who does more DPS. The smart players already realized long ago that confusion is nothing more than a “pause” button, where you lose some hp for waiting out the duration but you can return the damage while the enemy’s skills are on CD. The smarter players know how to cleanse or avoid getting confused in the first place. The smartest players use only the skills they need to survive/CC while the confusion runs out its duration. Nothing was OP about it except the fact noobs couldn’t spam their skills anymore. And it’s sad to see Anet pamper these babies when in my combat experience they are far from being the majority.

in WvW

Posted by: matthen.5024

matthen.5024

I think you guys are looking at this the wrong way. I just got my mesmer to 80, and I am trying to figure out what kind of build I want to run. This change has really helped me make my decision.

Think about it. The new confusion is going to do a lot more damage to all those players who are currently just waiting out the confusion condition. With the damage reduction, opponents are going to be much more likely to attack right through it…

j/k

in WvW

Posted by: Elochai.1280

Elochai.1280

Ahh all the comments complaining about the confusion nerf. For all the times you told others to l2play. Guess what, l2play. Kthxbi

Elochai Rendar 80 Warrior/Anskar Rendar 80 Necromancer/Rylea Rendar 80 Thief/Kento Rendar 80 Ranger
Commander

in WvW

Posted by: Handin.4032

Handin.4032

I really hate it when people quote seeing confusion hit for 2k+…it is really hard for a mesmer to maintain that many stacks. As such, I think ANet needs to decide to make confusion fully like other conditions, or make it different than a condition and bring in a new mechanic. The issue is it’s in this weird part-confusion, part-unique thing…so of course people won’t like it.

As such, I think it’s a really dumb, blindly done nerf, that they applied without thinking and just picking a number and applying what they thought sounded like a good number.

I would bet that if all the glamour mesmers switched to shatter builds, that people would declare on this forum within a week how OP it is that clones can make so many clones, and have 3 out at once, and declare that mesmers should only have 1 or 2 clones out at a time. LOL.

TC Golden Dolyak – [DOLY]
Mesmer – FURY
Rank 55 – Bunker Engi, Top 300

in WvW

Posted by: wookie.8934

wookie.8934

Ahh all the comments complaining about the confusion nerf. For all the times you told others to l2play. Guess what, l2play. Kthxbi

As someone who plays a necro myself, I’m actually pretty annoyed by this nerf. Nothing gave me more pleasure than sending confusion back to its source and watching the mesmer melt.

Havok Legion [HL]
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: sazaw.1347

sazaw.1347

C’mon guys I’m sure Anet does not nerf only because of forum whiners. They must have test out before the change.

Wrath T – Asura Necro | Don Hohenheim – Norn Guard | Bellcroxx – Human Mesmer
[DKJ] – Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: Elochai.1280

Elochai.1280

C’mon guys I’m sure Anet does not nerf only because of forum whiners. They must have test out before the change.

Exactly. Don’t assume anet bends to their will. If the did many other things would have changed as well. Lots of talk about it throws up a red flag for them to look into it. So they did and decided it needed a nerf.

Elochai Rendar 80 Warrior/Anskar Rendar 80 Necromancer/Rylea Rendar 80 Thief/Kento Rendar 80 Ranger
Commander

in WvW

Posted by: Handin.4032

Handin.4032

Just so people know, there is a PERFECT counter to glamour fields: retaliation. Retaliation can actually kill a mesmer that uses feedback, since any damage from reflected projectiles that hits people will retaliation will hit the mesmers, hard.

It has nothing to do with the nerf, just letting people here know that retaliation across zergs (boon share!) can wipe out mesmer groups when they throw feedbacks on you!

TC Golden Dolyak – [DOLY]
Mesmer – FURY
Rank 55 – Bunker Engi, Top 300

in WvW

Posted by: zaxon.6819

zaxon.6819

ya other things would be changed as well. d/d ele would get nerfed… oh it did. thieves would get nerfed… oh they did. what did people cry about that did not get nerfed.

they did not test this. you dont do testing then say" ahh i see an answer…. nerf it by 50%"

so they are saying that they didnt notice the spell was 2x as strong as it should be?? really…