Op class in wvwvw

Op class in wvwvw

in WvW

Posted by: Stone.6751

Stone.6751

I enjoy that Necro is seen as underpowered, somewhere in the middle, and one of the best classes for WvW. I hope the view stays this unclear for a while.

For example the post above me places Guardian shout build above Necro tank/plague build, and yet I play both those in WvW and find my Necro to be far superior.

Penny Royalty – Level 80 Guardian
Raingarde – Level 80 Necromancer

(edited by Stone.6751)

Op class in wvwvw

in WvW

Posted by: Americium.7182

Americium.7182

For example the post above me places Guardian shout build above Necro tank/plague build, and yet I play both those in WvW and find my Necro to be far superior.

0-15-30-15-10. Guardian’s “F1 spam” OP. (Guild raid vs blob)

Op class in wvwvw

in WvW

Posted by: Master of Timespace.2548

Master of Timespace.2548

For 1 v 1 scenario in WvW. I personally find the dual-pistol/confusion engineer is the toughest to beat (could it be the so-called ‘HzH’ build?). Forget thief, d/d ele, mesmer as I find them much easier to fight against.

Yep, engineer is very strong class. The confusion engineer is one of the thoughest opponents you can find. It really amazes me that people think engineer is somehow weak.

So a person who knows what he’s doing with a LB/GS Ranger with a glass cannon build can take out multiple guys by himself and not get killed doing it?

Good ranger can pull 3v1 or 2v1 fairly easily against the average wvwrs, but no, not on gc fit.

? <(^-^><)>^-^)> <(^-^)> ?

(edited by Master of Timespace.2548)

Op class in wvwvw

in WvW

Posted by: innocent ouarior.1954

innocent ouarior.1954

There is no op class in WvW because you run in zergs of 50+ people and every zerg should have a few players of all the classes so it is balanced in the end.

^ this pretty much.

If you are in a group of more than 5 people every AoE hitting you means someone else takes 0 damage. No matter what class you are staying alive and close to your mates is the best possible support. Smart playing actually means you DO want to stand in AoEs.

Op class in wvwvw

in WvW

Posted by: Diehard.1432

Diehard.1432

For 1 v 1 scenario in WvW. I personally find the dual-pistol/confusion engineer is the toughest to beat (could it be the so-called ‘HzH’ build?). Forget thief, d/d ele, mesmer as I find them much easier to fight against.

Yep, engineer is very strong class. The confusion engineer is one of the thoughest opponents you can find. It really amazes me that people think engineer is somehow weak.

So a person who knows what he’s doing with a LB/GS Ranger with a glass cannon build can take out multiple guys by himself and not get killed doing it?

Good ranger can pull 3v1 or 2v1 fairly easily against the average wvwrs, but no, not on gc fit.

Its probably because they havent met one of them yet. Engineer is afterall one of the least played class in wvw. But yes, the confusion engineer is indeed the most deadly

Garuda X, lvl 80 human Siamoth Ranger JQ SEA
[VaL]

Op class in wvwvw

in WvW

Posted by: Esqi.8496

Esqi.8496

It’s all paper-scissors-rock.

I run a Guardian, Warrior and Ranger and they all have their pro’s and con’s.

[TKG] Flake

Op class in wvwvw

in WvW

Posted by: Dahir.4158

Dahir.4158

Warrior: Run in front of the zerg right before a clash to tank dps
Elementalists: Provide water fields and condition removals
Mesmers: Providing portals for zergs and veils for immediate stealth
Thief: Excellent blast finishing and dolly sniping
Ranger: Don’t really know what to say about rangers other than support AoE with the barrage skill
Necromancer: Providing conditions and such… also don’t know much about necros
Guardian: Providing light fields to grant retaliation. Also able to tank dps. I think they can passively give to other players with one of their virtues

Sadly, don’t know a thing about engineers xD
There’s a lot more things that these classes can do, but I’m not familiar with them >.<

Broski

Op class in wvwvw

in WvW

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

I’d say Elementalists are probably one of the stronger classes for WvW right now. D/D eles are amazing roamers with fantastic mobility, able to heal through a lot of attacks. Staff eles can rid tower walls of siege with meteor showers and eles with Focus can use Swirling Winds to block treb shots. Also, you can vapour form into a tower/keep when downed, so you can run out, smack the kitten out of any rams/catas and then use vapour form to guarantee you don’t get killed unless someone was able to immobilise you at the right moment (happens very rarely). None of this is OP as such (although using vapour form to get back inside a keep is of questionable game design), but it’s definitely a good class to pick if you want to be useful just about everywhere in WvW.

Gandara

Op class in wvwvw

in WvW

Posted by: Faeyd.5094

Faeyd.5094

atm seeing lots of thieves grouped up and running around …now solo fight with a thief is fun it ends in death but most with a stealth and a run away but now the groups of thieves are slowly killing small scale wvw….back to daoc and emain gate and stealth wars …tis sad but ture ….one set of steal/backstab/c&d evaded but what about the other 2 lots incoming……rinse and repeat and so one …go go wvthief

You’re supposed to lose to 3 players.

Tiger

Op class in wvwvw

in WvW

Posted by: Raptured.9307

Raptured.9307

uh, I run a condition well support necro and I can tell you in wvw i feel much stronger as a necro than as a d/d bunker ele. The only ones that i see there are ones that run out of keep, DIE, then mist form back into keeps. They literally don’t do jack kitten except troll, other than having one or two knockdowns. If you want CCs, bring some hammer wars and guards – they are very strong for that. Staff eles are much more useful in wvw than d/d eles. Glass thieves can be op if only the attacker lags and is caught unsuspecting of an attack – which is very situational.

Moral of story: Don’t go alone unless you run very solo-builds, and stay with zerg with aoes. You’ll be handsomely rewarded.

Rank 37 spvp, dungeon master
[HL] Deadly Protection @ Sanctum of Culling

(edited by Raptured.9307)

Op class in wvwvw

in WvW

Posted by: Veltoss.9135

Veltoss.9135

Play a Thief… i mean they like, stealth and stuff, and move really fast and and theres lots of threads on the forums to nurf them so they have to be op.

Have you played a thief? They are extremely powerful in WvW and can escape from nearly everything due to their insane stealth abilities as well as their speed (Signet of Shadows and Infiltrator’s Arrow).

Blackgate

Op class in wvwvw

in WvW

Posted by: wookie.8934

wookie.8934

The ideal group WvWvW (30 people)

x2 Necromancer (Spectral Wall its good)
x2 Thief (spaming Blaster)
x4 Elementalist (Water Field)
x4 Mesmer (Time Warp, Veil)
x18 Guardian …

Need a lot more necros and mesmers. Thieves are good for their blast finishers.

Havok Legion [HL]
Fort Aspenwood

Op class in wvwvw

in WvW

Posted by: TallDan.6350

TallDan.6350

Play a Thief… i mean they like, stealth and stuff, and move really fast and and theres lots of threads on the forums to nurf them so they have to be op.

Have you played a thief? They are extremely powerful in WvW and can escape from nearly everything due to their insane stealth abilities as well as their speed (Signet of Shadows and Infiltrator’s Arrow).

I used to be a bit peeved at how as soon as you start to get the better of a thief they use evasion tactics to run away, but now I figured it out I don’t care anymore. I don’t get too upset when players run away, it means I won and can go back to what I was doing. It’s pretty hard to kill somebody with your back turned to them legging it into the distance, so yeah the ability to run away like a wuss is really OP lol.

And yes I’ve played a thief I leveled one to 80 but gave up on them because I didn’t really enjoy playing the class.

If you think any class is OP try playing one and you will soon see exactly what strengths and weaknesses they have.

A lot of people say confusion Mesmers are OP but I can rip them to shreds with my power Mesmer.

Even my mesmer build which I am really happy with and can take on any other class/ build I have come across has a weakness as it is quite squishy. If you can hit me at melee range with couple of good bursts when my evasion skills are on cooldown I drop pretty fast.

When a player complains that another class is OP it’s usually because they have been owned by someone who playes that class well, has a good build and gear and knows the weaknesses of your class.

Lady suzi ~ Human Guardian {} Gizmo Gregory ~ Asura Engineer
Firezof Arrows ~ Sylvari Ranger {} Hudeeni ~ Norn Mesmer
Ruins of Surmia [KoA]

(edited by TallDan.6350)

Op class in wvwvw

in WvW

Posted by: naphack.9346

naphack.9346

Ever playet a greatsword ranger? Can escape from nearly everything due to their insane survival abilities(Rage as one, muddy terrain, LR to name a few) aswell as their speed(Signet of the Hunt) and Swoop.

Really, the days when thieves mobility was op were over the moment, most classes got a 25% speed signet too. Thieves got a bunch of shadowsteps which give them an edge in combat, but out of combat, their mobiltiy is about the same as the ones of d/d elementalist, gs ranger and gs or sword(if you really want to be fast gs+sword/warhorn lol) warrior.
The thing with Infiltrators arrow is, while it flies faster than the thief can walk, it doesn’t benefit at all from any speed boosts the thief has, while most of the movement skills(rush, whirl attack, …) in fact do.

The only crime, turrets committed, is being good against the celestial meta.
The mob has spoken and the turrets shall be burnt at the stake.

(edited by naphack.9346)

Op class in wvwvw

in WvW

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

1. Still thief.
2. Still mesmer.

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

Op class in wvwvw

in WvW

Posted by: TheGreatA.4192

TheGreatA.4192

Every class can be OP when done right.

A guardian when played right will win many 1v2, 1v3 situations, even against decent players. If you don’t feel like an overpowered beast as a guardian, re-think your build and weapon sets.

I don’t enjoy playing the class because it can be almost too easy to win 1v1 situations.

Metsän Suojelija (guard)/Puun Halaaja (engi)/Pieni Musta Rotta (warrior)/Viher Rauha (necro)

(edited by TheGreatA.4192)

Op class in wvwvw

in WvW

naphack.9346

Every class can be OP when done right.

A guardian when played right will win many 1v2, 1v3 situations, even against decent players. If you don’t feel like an overpowered beast as a guardian, re-think your build and weapon sets.

I don’t enjoy playing the class because it can be almost too easy to win 1v1 situations.

From my experience, it’s more like you are FORCED to win these 1v2, 1v3 situations, cause you can’t even outrun a friggin crippled snail.
You are forced to press on and stick in there, because a guardian can only leave the fight, when all of his opponents got huge stakes stuck through their chests.

Op class in wvwvw

in WvW

Posted by: TallDan.6350

TallDan.6350

From my experience, it’s more like you are FORCED to win these 1v2, 1v3 situations, cause you can’t even outrun a friggin crippled snail.
You are forced to press on and stick in there, because a guardian can only leave the fight, when all of his opponents got huge stakes stuck through their chests.

You can build a pretty quick Guardian using shouts and the speed buff circle you place on the floor and the greatsword leap attack.

Lady suzi ~ Human Guardian {} Gizmo Gregory ~ Asura Engineer
Firezof Arrows ~ Sylvari Ranger {} Hudeeni ~ Norn Mesmer
Ruins of Surmia [KoA]

Op class in wvwvw

in WvW

Posted by: Fenikkusu.1569

Fenikkusu.1569

Lol op doesn’t exist. I can give you now all the builds of every op class and how to counter them.

Really.

Selene Luminare [Commander/Elementalist]
Asiske [Fractals/Guardian]
Princess Mononoke [ Experimental/Ranger]

Op class in wvwvw

in WvW

Posted by: Ruprect.7260

Ruprect.7260

There are no op classes in this game since the last patch. There are some that are way UP though.

Ruprect – [DIS] Dissentient
Mesmer/Elementalist/Guardian/Necromancer/Warrior
[TC] Tarnished Coast

Op class in wvwvw

in WvW

Posted by: Longtomsilver.8031

Longtomsilver.8031

funny

Every WvWvW Thread ends in 1vs1 discussion.

Op class in wvwvw

in WvW

Posted by: Mighty Ice Arrow.9268

Mighty Ice Arrow.9268

R A N G E R => O P

Op class in wvwvw

in WvW

Posted by: Ruprect.7260

Ruprect.7260

R A N G E R => O P

Upleveled Ranger = OP;)

Ruprect – [DIS] Dissentient
Mesmer/Elementalist/Guardian/Necromancer/Warrior
[TC] Tarnished Coast

Op class in wvwvw

in WvW

naphack.9346

level 15 ranger kills everything!

Op class in wvwvw

in WvW

Posted by: Sarlack.4096

Sarlack.4096

Op class in wvwvw

in WvW

Posted by: Folk.2093

Folk.2093

what class is op right now in wvwvw?

d/d ele