Outmanned buff is amazing

in WvW

Posted by: Natto.5819

Natto.5819

I think the Anet Devs made the greatest reward for playing in low population hours. The Outmanned buff is a godsend for pip farming. I think the Dev who came up with this idea needs to be in charge for all future WvW projects.

Now if only they would double the amount of tickets we can get per week.

in WvW

Posted by: zoomborg.9462

zoomborg.9462

The outmanned buff is indeed good cause unless u are in a very stacked server, its the only thing that can get u pips. However it should also be accompanied with very strict decay on participation so that people dont afk.

in WvW

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

The outmanned buff was a godsend. Thank you ANet for that. That dev does need a cookie or two.

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys

in WvW

Posted by: Deihnyx.6318

Deihnyx.6318

they need to make it so that if you swap a map it’s deactivated for a few minutes. Cause people abuse it.

in WvW

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

It is remarkable, yes. But it’s also causing a lot of unhealthy gameplay styles, such as people constantly hopping from one map to another (and causing a great deal of frustration to players who have been valiantly defending their patch on an outnumbered map), or players who just build up participation and then go hide in a corner somewhere, occasionally venturing out to kill a dolyak or camp guard to keep their participation up. This, in turn, also contributes to the problem of queues, probably more so on big servers, because these servers can’t get Outnumbered anyway due to being so stacked, and so more players are forced to just idle in maps in order to get the necessary pips for their rewards.

in WvW

Posted by: ThomasC.1056

ThomasC.1056

It is remarkable, yes. But it’s also causing a lot of unhealthy gameplay styles, such as people constantly hopping from one map to another (and causing a great deal of frustration to players who have been valiantly defending their patch on an outnumbered map), or players who just build up participation and then go hide in a corner somewhere, occasionally venturing out to kill a dolyak or camp guard to keep their participation up. This, in turn, also contributes to the problem of queues, probably more so on big servers, because these servers can’t get Outnumbered anyway due to being so stacked, and so more players are forced to just idle in maps in order to get the necessary pips for their rewards.

I found worse ! Some other day, we had a T3 keep that was under attack by a small pack of people. When the scout called for help in the /t, the local comm (who wasn’t giving a skritt about the attack, btw) yelled in the /t : “Please, don’t come and help, or we’ll lose the outmanned buff !”.
Aformentionned comm was actually running more or less alone, and tagged up just for the +1 extra pip’.

Isn’t that great ?

in WvW

Posted by: Sylvyn.4750

Sylvyn.4750

With how big that outmanned pip increase is, yes, it lends itself to abuse. In my case as a Bronze Soldier, I get 1 pip for my rank and since we got tossed against 2 higher tier servers, only 1 pip for our 3rd position in the warscore, for a whopping total of 2 pips per tick…so yeah, 5 extra pips would be a godsend, but our server is still populated enough and fighting hard enough that the buff does not appear long enough on any of the borders to actually get the extra 5 pips. At least we’re playing the game and not trying to game the game.

in WvW

Posted by: Loading.4503

Loading.4503

mmmmmmm 12 pips a tick, DROOLS*

in WvW

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

With how big that outmanned pip increase is, yes, it lends itself to abuse. In my case as a Bronze Soldier, I get 1 pip for my rank and since we got tossed against 2 higher tier servers, only 1 pip for our 3rd position in the warscore, for a whopping total of 2 pips per tick…so yeah, 5 extra pips would be a godsend, but our server is still populated enough and fighting hard enough that the buff does not appear long enough on any of the borders to actually get the extra 5 pips. At least we’re playing the game and not trying to game the game.

I’m not (quite) a Bronze yet so I get 1 pip per tick. I’m enjoying (actual) WvW a lot right now but the temptation is there to hop onto an Outnumbered map at the end of a night’s WvW to get two or three Outnumbered ticks whilst cleaning inventory etc.

in WvW

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

“We are looking into outnumbered. There are several potential changes we can make but we are investigating and testing them now.” – ANET_McKenna

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/6iewgb/game_update_notes_june_20_2017/

I think they meant this regarding ‘pip farming’ outnumbered buff being too OP as it currently stands; unhealthy for the game mode.

in WvW

Posted by: Red Haired Savage.5430

Red Haired Savage.5430

I found worse ! Some other day, we had a T3 keep that was under attack by a small pack of people. When the scout called for help in the /t, the local comm (who wasn’t giving a skritt about the attack, btw) yelled in the /t : “Please, don’t come and help, or we’ll lose the outmanned buff !”.
Aformentionned comm was actually running more or less alone, and tagged up just for the +1 extra pip’.

Isn’t that great ?

You wouldn’t have happened to be on a certain blue bl, and the t3 keep was bay was it?

Isle of Janthir
Norn Warrior #nornmodeisbestmode

in WvW

ThomasC.1056

Isn’t that great ?

You wouldn’t have happened to be on a certain blue bl, and the t3 keep was bay was it?

Nope, that wasn’t me.

I’m not sure whether I should feel relieved or more terrified by this, though.

in WvW

Posted by: Red Haired Savage.5430

Red Haired Savage.5430

Isn’t that great ?

Nope, that wasn’t me.

I’m not sure whether I should feel relieved or more terrified by this, though.

I just thought it might have been a small world, my guild and I made it all the way to lords room on bay before the enemy finally managed to pull the EWP, we killed about 5-6 before someone made it to the tactivator and we got blobbed to death. Funny thing is though we were at inner gate at about 10% before any scouts came around.

Isle of Janthir
Norn Warrior #nornmodeisbestmode

in WvW

Posted by: Vova.2640

Vova.2640

yes it is nice by from the little playing i did i already see it being abused.

players flip 1 camp, or heck, even kill an npc every like 5min to maintain participation. this should absolutely not be the case. ever.

Look at how effective someone is in a full Soldiers set.
Look at how effective someone is in a full Dire set.
Nice balance.

in WvW

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

The only real problem with outnumbered is that it is disincentives play during peak hours, since it is more rewarding to play when your server’s coverage is low.

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

yup, afk pip farm all that matter is the rewards apearing out of nowhere

oh.. i dont care about rewards either… since its impossible to fight at this time im not even taking structures back.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in WvW

Posted by: Djamonja.6453

Djamonja.6453

haha, you mean the buff where everyone finds the map with the outnumbered buff and AFK’s at spawn?

in WvW

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

The only real problem with outnumbered is that it is disincentives play during peak hours, since it is more rewarding to play when your server’s coverage is low.

I don’t see why that’s a problem. That sounds quite helpful actually.

The main change I’ve noticed because of the outnumbered buff is that you don’t get maps that are completely dead anymore. I am seeing quite a bit of abuse as well, but idling in spawn means you either end up really bored or actually going AFK and losing participation. I know someone who does this, and I’m getting more pips than he does because he’s finding it challenging to strike the right balance of useless tosser.

in WvW

Posted by: DemonSeed.3528

DemonSeed.3528

I don’t see why that’s a problem. That sounds quite helpful actually.

The main change I’ve noticed because of the outnumbered buff is that you don’t get maps that are completely dead anymore. I am seeing quite a bit of abuse as well, but idling in spawn means you either end up really bored or actually going AFK and losing participation. I know someone who does this, and I’m getting more pips than he does because he’s finding it challenging to strike the right balance of useless tosser.

This is my experience as well – there is a little more activity and coverage due to this. Whilst there are abusers and afk’ers, I noticed (maybe my imagination) that participation seems to ramp down faster once it starts to decay. My hope is that they don’t do something drastic because I don’t want to lose the fighters we have gained for that coverage. Servers that have fought while being outnumbered frequently in the past will be able to relate to the overwhelming odds they have to face blobs and having just a few more people willing to fight helps more than you know. Maybe don’t change the pips, but increase the ramp down when it starts decaying and also make it so that they need to at least flip a camp, kill xx_sentries/dolyaks so these guys are forced to do a little more work and less afk to keep pips up.

in WvW

Posted by: SkyFallsInThunder.8257

SkyFallsInThunder.8257

Yes, a true godsend! Let’s give more rewards to the people who do not play the game mode! Are you on a server that cares about wvw, is organised and plays it consistently? Well kitten you, you get less rewards than people on ghost servers or who afk! Woooooo

5/7 system anet, pls moar like this.

in WvW

Posted by: Dagger.2035

Dagger.2035

I feel like the outnumbered bonus balances everything out. Players on a server with good coverage and dedicated players already gain more rank-up chests. This bonus will help keep people playing even though they don’t stand a chance due to coverage issues. If pips are mainly handed out for winning to reward “better” players, that just promotes server stacking and bandwagoning.

I also don’t like the suggestions to change how the outnumbered bonus is triggered. Right now the current implementation is simple. If you are outnumbered during the tick you get the reward, if not you don’t get it.

If we start tracking player state to determine how long a player was outnumbered or track how long they have been active on a map, that is more work for the server. I would rather have server resources available for large fights instead of having it track additional information for rewards.

Human Thief [DOA]
Sorrows Furnace

in WvW

Posted by: ThunderPanda.1872

ThunderPanda.1872

Question:

1. How do you maintain participation by afking in game? Please teach $$$$$$

2. How do maps stay outnumbered if a lot of people move to the map because someone told everyone that a map is outnumbered?

Send me 1000g and I will stop trolling WvW forum.
I have a dream – Our Anet Senpai will make WvW Great Again!
WvW Forum is more competitive than WvW

in WvW

Dagger.2035

Answer:

1. People will be afk-ing to abuse the system regardless of whether or not there is an outnumbered bonus. Heck, they could even do this with WvW reward tracks. There are other solutions to this problem. Like having participation drop faster or reducing the timeout that’s already in place for kicking inactive players.

2. The outnumbered bonus is intended to reward people for playing during periods of low server activity and it solves that problem. I don’t care if people are switching maps to chase pips. If feel like this is a temporary problem that will go away once hype over the new rewards dies down.

Human Thief [DOA]
Sorrows Furnace

in WvW

ThunderPanda.1872

Answer:

1. People will be afk-ing to abuse the system regardless of whether or not there is an outnumbered bonus. Heck, they could even do this with WvW reward tracks. There are other solutions to this problem. Like having participation drop faster or reducing the timeout that’s already in place for kicking inactive players.

2. The outnumbered bonus is intended to reward people for playing during periods of low server activity and it solves that problem. I don’t care if people are switching maps to chase pips. If feel like this is a temporary problem that will go away once hype over the new rewards dies down.

1. You did not answer my question

2. You also did not answer my question

in WvW

Dagger.2035

Edit: Yeah you’re right. I should avoid typing out quick replies from my phone.

Human Thief [DOA]
Sorrows Furnace

(edited by Dagger.2035)

in WvW

ThomasC.1056

Question:

Strictly, you can’t. Yet, it often happens that after say, 1 hour of gaming, that you’ve reached max participation. It then only takes some little tasks here and there to keep your participation high, and so you can wait for significant amount of time at spawn, instead of running all around.
It still needs some commitment to watch participation not drop, and go do some chores from time to ime, that’s why I don’t really call that AFK-ing.

2. How do maps stay outnumbered if a lot of people move to the map because someone told everyone that a map is outnumbered?

It just cannot, and that’s why it upsets me a lot. I don’t specifically play or aim for outnumbered buff, yet I enjoy getting it when I feel a bit alone in a map. That’s why I think people mass jumping to “my” map and make everyone including me lose the buff. Not only do they lose it, and they had it coming and only have themselves to blame, but I also lose it, and it’s not deserved.

in WvW

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

Yes, a true godsend! Let’s give more rewards to the people who do not play the game mode! Are you on a server that cares about wvw, is organised and plays it consistently? Well kitten you, you get less rewards than people on ghost servers or who afk! Woooooo

5/7 system anet, pls moar like this.

Are you seriously upset that they are encouraging players to move to the less populated servers and roam the bl’s instead of stacking certain servers and omni-blobbing!?

Smfh….

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

in WvW

ThunderPanda.1872

Question:

Strictly, you can’t. Yet, it often happens that after say, 1 hour of gaming, that you’ve reached max participation. It then only takes some little tasks here and there to keep your participation high, and so you can wait for significant amount of time at spawn, instead of running all around.
It still needs some commitment to watch participation not drop, and go do some chores from time to ime, that’s why I don’t really call that AFK-ing.

It just cannot, and that’s why it upsets me a lot. I don’t specifically play or aim for outnumbered buff, yet I enjoy getting it when I feel a bit alone in a map. That’s why I think people mass jumping to “my” map and make everyone including me lose the buff. Not only do they lose it, and they had it coming and only have themselves to blame, but I also lose it, and it’s not deserved.

Thanks, so what is the problem people are actually complaining about regarding the outnumbered buff? You can’t really afk it. You have to commit to active playing to maintain participation. You can afk for only a few minutes in spawn, so what’s the difference between this and people who are “taking a quick water/pee break”? If a significant people makes the jump to a bl with outnumbered buff and “taking away manpower from other bl” will take away the buff, what is the point of changing bl when you won’t get the buff anyways? If they’re just cycling through bl to find a map with the buff, they probably wouldn’t be playing WvW or would meaningfully contribute to the game mode in the first place. Or it could also be said, how are they not contributing? They are contributing by playing on an empty map, which will attract more people to play on the map (despite they wanting them to be there or not). For an active player, outnumbered buff is a great bonus treat, and a great incentive for people to continue playing despite being outnumbered. It is something that is a bonus to have and you won’t lose anything for not having it.

So what is really the problem of outnumbered buff that people complain about?

(edited by ThunderPanda.1872)

in WvW

Posted by: Storm Valkyrie.9471

Storm Valkyrie.9471

Question:

You build six tiers of participation, teleport to spawn, stand there. The degeneration of participation takes so long to kick in that you can essentially stay in the spawn/ do nothing as long as you remember to occasionally press one button to move an inch before getting kicked from the map.

You do this, and check your participation bar every time you move, as soon as your bar goes red and a little timer appears, you go and kill one thing that rewards wxp… a piece of siege, a sentry, a veteran pve mob. You can even leave it until participation has degenerated to half way down to tier 4, since pips are coming in anyway after tier 3 so what you have is about 15 mins doing nothing for your team, while receiving rewards. Then 1 minute or so finding something to maintain participation.

Then your bar goes back to gold and the timer is removed. You aren’t technically AFK but you aren’t doing anything to help your server, spending 15 mins doing other stuff with gw2 open in the background while pips tick away. 15 ish minutes inactive, 1 minute active ish – Deserving of rewards? I don’t think so. But you can see it happening in any BL you log in.

in WvW

ThunderPanda.1872

Question:

You build six tiers of participation, teleport to spawn, stand there. The degeneration of participation takes so long to kick in that you can essentially stay in the spawn/ do nothing as long as you remember to occasionally press one button to move an inch before getting kicked from the map.

You do this, and check your participation bar every time you move, as soon as your bar goes red and a little timer appears, you go and kill one thing that rewards wxp… a piece of siege, a sentry, a veteran pve mob. You can even leave it until participation has degenerated to half way down to tier 4, since pips are coming in anyway after tier 3 so what you have is about 15 mins doing nothing for your team, while receiving rewards. Then 1 minute or so finding something to maintain participation.

Then your bar goes back to gold and the timer is removed. You aren’t technically AFK but you aren’t doing anything to help your server, spending 15 mins doing other stuff with gw2 open in the background while pips tick away. 15 ish minutes inactive, 1 minute active ish – Deserving of rewards? I don’t think so. But you can see it happening in any BL you log in.

Have you tried? It’s actually a lot more hassle than you think. I have, trust me I’d do anything simple and easy to maximise my pips. It is almost impossible to do any other work by doing this. The only thing you can do while doing this is probably getting food/water or kitten off on a short porno video. You cannot let your pips degenerate, because there are only a few times you can let it denerate before having to reparticipate significantly again to build up the bar. It is also not guaranteed to always have an event to do just a short walk outside of the spawn. Flipping runes is so bad it’s not even worth. If you are not careful, you will either be kicked out of WvW or lose all your participation easily. Doing all these requires so much attention that I cannot actually do anything else, and I wonder why don’t I just actually play the game.

How do I know? Because I tried it. Please tell me a better way. I really want that $$$$$$$

You see a lot of people?
1. They’re probably just taking a quick break (people do that even before pip) not everyone wears a diaper
2. They probably won’t last 10 minutes, its such a hassle, If they do, props to them for having such sad life.
3. They just finished their playing time and just afking in spawn to get that last reward before getting kicked out of WvW for being inactive

- However, despite mentioning all this, why is the outnumbered buff at fault here? You should be calling out the pip and participation system in general. But stop complaining unless you have a better idea, that is actually viable.

(edited by ThunderPanda.1872)