Outnumbered

Outnumbered

in WvW

Posted by: SmokeyJoe.4927

SmokeyJoe.4927

Q:

I haven’t played WvW that much but I have spent the last 2 hours trying to accomplish a monthly objective of getting 50 invader kills, only problem is that after the first hour my team was getting beat senseless by the enemy team, reason? We were outnumbered like 5 to 1.
I have played it 2-3 times before and every time up until now my team were always outnumbered, we try to take over a fort and suddenly the enemies come out like roaches and kill us within a minute, we try to defend and it takes them max 5 minutes to destroy the gate and take over the whole thing.
My question is why is it that one team is so severely outnumbered?
Might just be me but I feel like it’s not a coincidence that every single time i’ve played thus far the other team outnumber us by 2 to 1 or even more…

Outnumbered

in WvW

Posted by: Murderous Clown.9723

Murderous Clown.9723

Which server do you play on?

Jimibabob – Valkyries of Dwayna [VoD]
Piken Square

Outnumbered

in WvW

Posted by: Dark Aidget.3879

Dark Aidget.3879

I haven’t played WvW that much … I have played it 2-3 times before…

I suspect the problem is that your server is full of ppl like you who have only bothered to play when they had to for daily or monthly. Servers have personalities, and it seems yours is too casual to be more than fodder.

[Arr][GOAT]

Outnumbered

in WvW

Posted by: Tukmolytes.3467

Tukmolytes.3467

I suspect the problem is that your server is full of ppl like you who have only bothered to play when they had to for daily or monthly.

^^^^^^^^^^^^ This! …… and PoI and Vistas too.

Tukmolytes [TRBO]
Isle of Janthir [2012-2017] → Fort Aspenwood [2017-Present]
Power Ranger

Outnumbered

in WvW

Posted by: CorliCorso.6254

CorliCorso.6254

I haven’t played WvW that much but I have spent the last 2 hours trying to accomplish a monthly objective of getting 50 invader kills, only problem is that after the first hour my team was getting beat senseless by the enemy team, reason? We were outnumbered like 5 to 1.
I have played it 2-3 times before and every time up until now my team were always outnumbered, we try to take over a fort and suddenly the enemies come out like roaches and kill us within a minute, we try to defend and it takes them max 5 minutes to destroy the gate and take over the whole thing.
My question is why is it that one team is so severely outnumbered?
Might just be me but I feel like it’s not a coincidence that every single time i’ve played thus far the other team outnumber us by 2 to 1 or even more…

It depends on a number of things. Your server might have a community that’s largely based in one time zone, and you’re trying when everyone else is asleep.

Also, I would imagine that you’re trying in a Borderlands map – when server matchups are unbalanced it shows on those maps. If you check the live maps on the mos.millenium.org site you’ll see that in most matchups, the Eternal Battlegrounds map is fairly even – your server’s more casual players congregate there, so it’s much easier to group up and fight other groups. If you stick in Borderlands maps that’s where more organised (and ruthless) guilds tend to hang out.

I would have recommended switching to a server that’s more suited for your needs because yours is stuck in a woefully unbalanced matchup, but the game devs have recently announced that next week there’ll be an update which gives more randomised matches and hopefully you’ll get an easier time of things.

Outnumbered

in WvW

SmokeyJoe.4927

Dark Aidget: No i’m not just in there for Daily and Monthly reasons only, I was there yesterday because of the Monthly yeah but the main reason I haven’t played it so much is because I haven’t gotten fully to lvl 80, right now I am 77.
Murderous Clown: Well yesterday I tried to switch around, at first I tried the WvW servers that looked sort of balanced with neither side having a huge advantage over the others.
CorliCorso: Well I tried all the different WvW servers and at best there were about 20 of us and we took over a few areas before the enemies suddenly came in a HUGE group and wiped us out with ease, don’t remember which map it was, while the other maps either had few team players or the enemy outnumbered us pretty badly.

Outnumbered

in WvW

Posted by: Murderous Clown.9723

Murderous Clown.9723

Thanks for responding to my question Smokey. Now if you were to actually answer it I would be able to give you more specific help, as was my intention when I asked it to you..

Jimibabob – Valkyries of Dwayna [VoD]
Piken Square

Outnumbered

in WvW

Posted by: Bluesavanah.8562

Bluesavanah.8562

If your trying to get your 50 kills possibly the easiest way is to sit in a structure that’s being attacked on a superior arrow cart. If your server is terrible use normal arrow carts but it might take a few days.

Commander, Malicious Mischief [MM] ,Gandara
[MM] recruiting currently

Outnumbered

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

Try loggin in at reset? Usually that’s when the fights are biggest and you can tag lots.

Gate of Madness

Outnumbered

in WvW

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

Lol a few days. Nah, just go roaming with a small guild group. If you lack the skill for that… I suggest you should run with the zerg, as despicable as it is.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

Outnumbered

in WvW

SmokeyJoe.4927

Thanks for responding to my question Smokey. Now if you were to actually answer it I would be able to give you more specific help, as was my intention when I asked it to you..

Sorry I think responded to someone else but put your name in there, anyway the server I play on is Ring of Fire Eu, there have been times when there is a whole lot of people from my team but it rarely lasts long, last for maybe 30 min and suddenly we’re a small group again while the enemy on the other hand have grown in numbers so I don’t understand what the problem is, I mean are these teams just unbalanced and i’m on the team that has the least players in total or do players just not give a f***?
And before I enter a server I check how much my team has compared to the other teams, the one I played before making this topic my team had 115+ while the red team had 110+ and still after about 20-30 min where we were a few player more than them they ran and came back 5 minutes later twice the size they were and we got swept, I tried to wait and see if our team would get more players but players just left, in the end we were around 10-15 players out 40-50 when I first started.

Outnumbered

in WvW

Posted by: AmphibianX.7042

AmphibianX.7042

it would be nice if Anet lifted the 5 AoE max-cap, when you’re outmanned, or maybe the ability to carry more supplies. #justsaying

Outnumbered

in WvW

Posted by: Lifewaster.5912

Lifewaster.5912

And before I enter a server I check how much my team has compared to the other teams, the one I played before making this topic my team had 115+ while the red team had 110+ .

Those overall scores dont really mean that much in the specific borderlands.

When you enter a wvw zone and notice you have outmanned buff, first open then main map, and check which of the 4 zones your team is doing best in, by seeing if your team color owns many things. Its likely that you arent outnumbered in at least one zone.

You can click your teams waypoint in the other zone to move to that one instead , or enter it via the wvw menu.