Patchnotes regarding WvW, May 28th

in WvW

Posted by: Khayoss.2019

Khayoss.2019

Most dailies can be done in less than 10 minutes. The other day I actually logged in 4 minutes before the dailies reset and managed to get my laurel, so I don’t get what is holding people back.

Aquatic slayer can be done while capping a node. Ambient slayer can be done in about 30 seconds at the spawn area of either enemy servers borderlands before leaving the guarded area. Vet slayer is done in a camp and a couple control points. Champ slayer, event completed type ones are fast in any kind of group. And if you are crunched for time the crafting one is a great fallback quick at citadel, takes all of 1 minute to zone, run and craft 10 of anything. And sometimes you get lucky with laurel vendor or karma spender ones. Laurel vendor zones you to LA for a few seconds before returning to WvW, karma can be done with upgrades to structures and camps, or if you are in a rush you duck out of WvW for less than a minute, WP to Orr and buy one box from karma vendor and then return to game… Gathering can be done in EBG just outside spawn in just over a minute. Mystic forge is awesome if you already make sup siege, but if you don’t have the supplies you quickly grab 20 of the cheapest blue dyes on the trader and toss em in. Costs 12ish silver and takes a minute or two.

No WvWer should ever miss a laurel. You can do everything while running your normal activities, and if a day passes where you can’t check a box there are several options that you can wrap up your daily with that will take 1 minute or less EACH. If your team can’t spare you for 2-3 minutes before logging after a night of raiding to wrap up your daily then you need a more supportive or supported team.

Khayoss / Khayotica / Mistasia
Ehmry Bay – The Rally Bot Vortex [VOID]

in WvW

Posted by: thiagoperne.7340

thiagoperne.7340

Jesus Christ never seen a Dev been insulted so much because he’s trying to help so much. This is their game and they are doing everything possible to help, and let’s not forget without charging you a peny for that. You stil don’t like? Why are you stil doing here? Get the hell out and go find another game that’s better for you. Simple like that.

Help out is the wrong term… More like implement their vision of WvW and ignore the community.

Their vision of WvW couldn’t be better.

You think they ignore the community, but you just making a confusion. Anet doesn’t implement what the community wants, they take feedbacks and ideas from them and put it in discussion to decide what’s better for the game.

in WvW

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

Was inviting enemies fixed yet?

It’s not fun when people get whispers or invitations from the enemy to spy on them when they may not know they are being spied on, as not everyone knows this.Some people will accept just about any party invitation while in WvW, giving away their location like that.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

in WvW

Posted by: Christos de Soufre.3802

Christos de Soufre.3802

You’re not really that dedicated to WvW if you couldn’t take the 15 minutes to do 1-2 of the non-WvW accessible dailies (when we actually had them) for your laurels for the slight edge that Ascended gear gives. WvW is literally all I do and I’ve had a full set of Ascended trinkets for some time now.

I think I’ve spent a few minutes per day (at most) in PvE for my daily. A lot of the time the daily is completely doable in WvW though, so.

Chris “Dawnheart” Aerinoh — Revenant, Guardian — Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Kukchi.6173

Kukchi.6173

Arenanet I would like to have my laurels refunded back to me. I wasted 30 laurels on that ascended neck piece in pve. HAD I had a choice back then, I would not of bought from the PVE laurel merchant. I feel cheated out of 10 laurels. fix this.

Human thief lvl 80 pistol dagger pistol sword cheese extreme.
Anet fix thief plz its boring now :(

in WvW

Posted by: Pedra.4381

Pedra.4381

If you aren’t happy with those changes, I’ll be more surprised than the Imperial Japanese Army was by Marshal Georgy Zhukov at the battle of Nomonhan. I think that fits the criteria. Sort of.

So Mr. WvW developer (I can’t say developer names or I get infracted), I take it you’re extremely surprised?

Considering the direction you all went with changes to A/C and Thieves, if we are pleased, I’ll be as surprised as Admiral Zinovy Rozhestvensky at the Battle of Tsushima Straits.

I must admit, I’m not.

JonPeters.5630:]I do still believe ranger is the profession in most need of improvement…

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

I think the cost is mostly in-line although the laurel cost should have been 5 less per item.

Also, what is the logic of not allowing badges for ascended items? It’s sooooo much faster to just buy them with guild commendations right now.

in WvW

Posted by: Mif.3471

Mif.3471

there will always be 3 daily achievements that are WvW specific. Speaking personally, I’ve been able to achieve my dailies in WvW even without that change, but this should make it even easier.

Please stop including the yak killer daily :/
Life is already hard enough for yak runners without an additional price on the yaks head.

Tarnished Coast | Best cookies in all of Tyria

in WvW

Posted by: Beachead.4127

Beachead.4127

Jesus Christ never seen a Dev been insulted so much because he’s trying to help so much. This is their game and they are doing everything possible to help, and let’s not forget without charging you a peny for that. You stil don’t like? Why are you stil doing here? Get the hell out and go find another game that’s better for you. Simple like that.

Help out is the wrong term… More like implement their vision of WvW and ignore the community.

You think they ignore the community, but you just making a confusion. Anet doesn’t implement what the community wants, they take feedbacks and ideas from them and put it in discussion to decide what’s better for the game.

Please do tell me what this vision is because the only enhancement to WvW that I have seen so far that was executed really well was culling. Everything else has been subpar band aids and minor things that either did nothing for WvW or had a negative impact like arrow carts.

I don’t think Anet has a vision on WvW. If they do then its nothing close to the vision laid out for pve or tpvp.

Ullrok – Warrior
Ullrom – Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

WvW players don’t have any laurels at all.

By making it require laurels, you are requiring the WvW player to do extensive PvE just to get any ascended equipment.

Please reconsider.

You don’t have no laurels? that’s some bullkitten right there… Lets look at dailies, 2 WvW and gather, 50 kills, underwater 25 kills, salvage, group event. But obviously a month of playing WvW you couldn’t even complete 1 daily, how sad.. Really its sad. Because there are gathering nodes everywhere and they are normally the T1 ones so everyone can salvage, 50 kills comes from taking over camps and towers, killing guards etc. underwater event happens when you go kill the kraits in the middle of the zone, salvage is when you salvage items that say salvage that you get from bags (pls tell me you salvage items), group event is from DOING A GROUP EVENT taking a tower and what not.

Haha karma, please if they was to add ascended gear through karma it would be 1 million karma, you’d rather chose the laurels over the million karma. Because ascended gear isn’t suppose to be easily gotten. It takes a month of doing guild events, if you could get it by karma and WvW people wouldn’t do guild events.

If I was to guess, you guys wishing it was karma are laurel hoarders. But don’t worry, I’m a laurel hoarder too.

in WvW

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

Why are you ignoring us PvE players and favoring the WvW crew?? They get to have ascended gear for less cost than us PvE guys? How is this even fair?

Why must I be forced to WvW to do my dailies now. It was bad before, but now there will be 3 WvW activities on the daily? This just proves you guys love the WvW crowd a lot more than the PvE crowd.

Amulets cost them 10 laurels less? Unfair.

Why can’t I spend my hard earned thick leather sections on ascended gear yet? Ignored and screwed by the man once again.

in WvW

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

The hilarious thing is if you have been doing your dailies and monthlies since the start, in lieu of crappy dungeon farming, and then buying ascended in the least expensive order, all you needed was accessories at this point, which actually became no cheaper. And still no backpack. Therefore you actually got ripped off as now all the things you bought are cheaper, but not what you don’t have yet. Somehow very predictable.

This, and just this. I’m not going to the fractals. I hate the eff’ing things. As of right now I want an ascended back piece and one more accessory for my main.

Guess exactly what items we can’t buy with badges?

Instead we get more guard skills and oil mastery and these skills are still character bound? We get infusions for 1% guard dmg/def, and those cost laurels too? Ok, WxP from a few more sources and a better rate too, but I didn’t see Ectos in the drop list for the WvW chests.

Combine this with the “LALALALALALALA, I CAN’T HEAR YOU” treatment we’re getting and I"m seriously not impressed.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Why you try to PvE in PvP game? Wow is much better PvE game and rift too.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Posted by: Isaac.6041

Isaac.6041

Arenanet I would like to have my laurels refunded back to me. I wasted 30 laurels on that ascended neck piece in pve. HAD I had a choice back then, I would not of bought from the PVE laurel merchant. I feel cheated out of 10 laurels. fix this.

No you’re not getting a refund. Good update ArenaNet. They promised discounted ascended gear in WvW and they delivered. 250 badges is super easy to get compared to 10 laurels.

in WvW

Posted by: Kronyx.2570

Kronyx.2570

The hilarious thing is if you have been doing your dailies and monthlies since the start, in lieu of crappy dungeon farming, and then buying ascended in the least expensive order, all you needed was accessories at this point, which actually became no cheaper. And still no backpack. Therefore you actually got ripped off as now all the things you bought are cheaper, but not what you don’t have yet. Somehow very predictable.

This, and just this. I’m not going to the fractals. I hate the eff’ing things. As of right now I want an ascended back piece and one more accessory for my main.

Guess exactly what items we can’t buy with badges?

Instead we get more guard skills and oil mastery and these skills are still character bound? We get infusions for 1% guard dmg/def, and those cost laurels too? Ok, WxP from a few more sources and a better rate too, but I didn’t see Ectos in the drop list for the WvW chests.

Combine this with the “LALALALALALALA, I CAN’T HEAR YOU” treatment we’re getting and I"m seriously not impressed.

Rares salvage into ectos -_-

Rheayas – 80 Guardian
Guild Leader Of [LOOT]
Yaks Bend Allaince Commander [YBA]

in WvW

Posted by: NeHoMaR.9812

NeHoMaR.9812

50 globs of ectoplasm? for a WvW player? is that a typo?

No, same cost as the outside if you choose to purchase them that way instead of by using the guild event tokens you get. It’s possible, just not meant to be the most cost-effective way. All the ascended chunks have a “most cost effective” way and an “other” way. Rings are free in Fractal chests and WvW level chests. They cost laurels if you don’t want to wait or run Fractals for the fractal things you buy them with. Amulets are easiest to get via dailies. Accessories are most cost effective from guild missions, more expensive if you choose to purchase directly.

And why I would do fractals and that things?, I only play WvW, so ArenaNet should remove the ecto requirement and change it to badges, like they already did with all other items on laurel npc, that has sense.

in WvW

Posted by: Kronyx.2570

Kronyx.2570

I don’t get it. If people only WvW, and haven’t spent a single laurel. How the kitten do you not have 60-70+ saved up. Its been 4 months since laurels were introduced. Assuming even a 25% rate of daily completion, you would have atleast 40(monthly) +40(from dailies), 80 laurels. This just means that you really really suck at spending 5 mins to complete an easy quest.

Ectos are not exclusive to PvE, you can get them from WvW, and with the WvW chest we’ll know exactly how many.

Rheayas – 80 Guardian
Guild Leader Of [LOOT]
Yaks Bend Allaince Commander [YBA]

in WvW

Posted by: Ynot.8397

Ynot.8397

I don’t understand why WvW players don’t have laurels. WvW is pretty much all I do and I had all my ascended gear except for one accessory which I just bought today from the WvW laurel vendor. The daily laurel quest has always been easy and is even more easy now. If you have made the choice in the past not to gear up by doing this ridiculously easy quest everyday during the course of playing WvW then you need to live with that choice now and stop complaining. You messed up by not taking advantage of the opportunities available, shut up and live with the consequences.

God I wish this was a wvw loading screen comment. Right in the middle there so all these whiners would just kitten already and deal with it.

We have been doing the dailies… We also have tons of badges eating bank space with nothing real to spend it on… Everyone has enough badges… It’s the fact that we have to wait on laurels to spend the badges.

I don’t have nearly as many badges as even the worst T1 player because I am in T8. Can I get a fix for that? Buy siege and give it away to other people. Go do some pve content. Getting level 10 in fractals takes no time at all. You can get that ascended back piece at random starting at level 1 in fractals. You can get the rings at level 10. You can make decent money in fractals. You can get 20 slot bags from fractals.

People need to stop complaining. There are methods people can use to get these better gear pieces. If you guys are mad that pve players can get better gear and you can’t I don’t understand. Pve players are competing against the content, not other players. PVE PLAYERS GAIN NO ADVANTAGE OVER YOU, ONLY THE CONTENT THEY CHOOSE TO PLAY.

Stop whining…

So your solution to Anet’s broken promises is to go play other elements of the game I hate… Yea lets all be apathetic and not voice our opinion and call everyone else a whiner because they have been keeping up on all the promises that have been called out and are sick and tired of Anet’s lack of attention and poor execution on WvW since launch. Such whiners….

The problem isn’t even a problem. What do ascended pieces give you that you need? Marginal stat increases that only matter in small group combat if you are equally skilled. If not the difference between exotic and ascended doesn’t matter. Pve players who do fractals NEED ascended piece or they can not progress through the ranks. The fact that I am not fully geared in wvw does not prevent me from doing anything at all.

So no, don’t be apathetic. Be a reasonable person and realize that this game doesn’t revolve around you. They made the daily even easier to complete than it already was. They allow people guild missions. You have other opportunities to get these things if your lack of ascended gear is really this horrible. Suck it up and get it done.

Ferguson’s Crossing→ SoS→ DR→ EBay

in WvW

Posted by: Daethonfoot.3516

Daethonfoot.3516

I don’t understand why WvW players don’t have laurels. WvW is pretty much all I do and I had all my ascended gear except for one accessory which I just bought today from the WvW laurel vendor. The daily laurel quest has always been easy and is even more easy now. If you have made the choice in the past not to gear up by doing this ridiculously easy quest everyday during the course of playing WvW then you need to live with that choice now and stop complaining. You messed up by not taking advantage of the opportunities available, shut up and live with the consequences.

God I wish this was a wvw loading screen comment. Right in the middle there so all these whiners would just kitten already and deal with it.

We have been doing the dailies… We also have tons of badges eating bank space with nothing real to spend it on… Everyone has enough badges… It’s the fact that we have to wait on laurels to spend the badges.

I don’t have nearly as many badges as even the worst T1 player because I am in T8. Can I get a fix for that? Buy siege and give it away to other people. Go do some pve content. Getting level 10 in fractals takes no time at all. You can get that ascended back piece at random starting at level 1 in fractals. You can get the rings at level 10. You can make decent money in fractals. You can get 20 slot bags from fractals.

People need to stop complaining. There are methods people can use to get these better gear pieces. If you guys are mad that pve players can get better gear and you can’t I don’t understand. Pve players are competing against the content, not other players. PVE PLAYERS GAIN NO ADVANTAGE OVER YOU, ONLY THE CONTENT THEY CHOOSE TO PLAY.

Stop whining…

stop telling us to play fractals. wvw demands equality with fractals.

in WvW

Posted by: matty.1052

matty.1052

All this whining over something that is practically useless in WvW. No one in WvW actually needs ascended items. They have little impact in ZergvZerg. They won’t help build siege or repair structures. It’s highly doubtful you’ll need them in small roaming groups, especially as half the players you’ll stumble across won’t even be level 80s.

Getting laurels has always been easy in WvW. Sure, you can’t get them solely killing other players, but WvW has always been partially PVE. It take five minutes to gather and craft stuff that can be used in WvW. You can easily kill a variety of creatures in minutes as you run from point A to point B. The fact that you don’t want to do this is irrelevant. If you want rewards, you have to do some work for them.

And for those complaining it will take to long, it’s okay to have long term goals. Really. You don’t always need everything immediately. GW1 had armor that took years to get. Be glad they are not taking that route with GW2 (though I personally wish they had more long term goals).

Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Daethonfoot.3516

Daethonfoot.3516

Stop whining…

So your solution to Anet’s broken promises is to go play other elements of the game I hate… Yea lets all be apathetic and not voice our opinion and call everyone else a whiner because they have been keeping up on all the promises that have been called out and are sick and tired of Anet’s lack of attention and poor execution on WvW since launch. Such whiners….

The problem isn’t even a problem. What do ascended pieces give you that you need? Marginal stat increases that only matter in small group combat if you are equally skilled. If not the difference between exotic and ascended doesn’t matter. Pve players who do fractals NEED ascended piece or they can not progress through the ranks. The fact that I am not fully geared in wvw does not prevent me from doing anything at all.

So no, don’t be apathetic. Be a reasonable person and realize that this game doesn’t revolve around you. They made the daily even easier to complete than it already was. They allow people guild missions. You have other opportunities to get these things if your lack of ascended gear is really this horrible. Suck it up and get it done.

you don’t get it fractals=fast laurels= slow. try really hard to get this through your thick head.

in WvW

Posted by: Nuvo.5014

Nuvo.5014

This is why Im w8 for ESO, maybe it will no be a good game but I lose my faith in Anet, I will keep playing gw2 till ESO come out. But I prefer to take the risk and try ESO than keep playing gw2

in WvW

Beachead.4127

Please do tell me what this vision is because the only enhancement to WvW that I have seen so far that was executed really well was culling. Everything else has been subpar band aids and minor things that either did nothing for WvW or had a negative impact like arrow carts.

I don’t think Anet has a vision on WvW. If they do then its nothing close to the vision laid out for pve or tpvp.

Ohh.. you’re an AC hater, you just sold yourself what kinda player you are, it’s pointless try to explain you anything. Our conversation ends here.

Thanks for admitting that you have no idea what Anet’s WvW vision is.

As far as what kind of player I am? Well I am a hardcore WvWer who enjoys open field fights and has no desire to play the ppt game. You must be one of those guys who sits in a tower with an AC waiting for someone to come along. Must be exciting.

Ullrok – Warrior
Ullrom – Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: Maladon.5760

Maladon.5760

wvw demands equality with fractals.

This is quite the Rosa Parks moment, I’m so proud..

ps – don’t give up your spot in the zerg, you deserve it just as much as anyone else!

Malzarius – Guardian
Malzerius – Thief
Dark Covenant (SBI)

in WvW

Posted by: Space.8053

Space.8053

so.

much.

lag.

Fat Rob
[TCHU]
Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

Decent update. I wasn’t that bothered about having Ascended gear in WvW as the increase in stats is pretty insignificant when compared to their exotic counterparts. Saying that, more options to get stuff in game is never a bad thing. I’m glad Anet didn’t go overboard and completely undermine the effort FOTM/PvE players have to put in to get the same thing. And I’m equally glad that the Laurel Vs. badge amount for ascended gear is still high enough to not encourage too many loot kittens into WvW who will take up spaces from those who want to play WvW simply because they enjoy it. After all, the jumping puzzles on borderland still award badges.

I’m excited to see how the new matchup system works, but I fear those that get too bogged down by points and ‘winning the matchup’ won’t be happy when they get steamrolled by a server with a greater presence from initially a higher tier. Personally, I’m looking forward to perhaps coming up against a few of the old servers I used to play on ;-)

Gandara

(edited by Simonoly.4352)

in WvW

Posted by: stale.9785

stale.9785

Guys, every daily for months now has involved wvw stuff. They also involve things that don’t require you to leave wvw.

Figure, each daily since christmas has involved gathering – you can do this without leaving wvw. There has been the caravan disruptor or repairs or wvw kills (sometimes all three). There have been daily kills and karma spender. None of these require you to leave wvw.

Hell, half the time I end up dragging my PvE centric self to WvW because it’s EASIER to get 10 world invader kills, or 5 caravan disruption credits, or 10 repair credits, than it is to do the other ones.

Each monthly has included “complete x events” which can be done in wvw. It also has always had “Kill x world invaders” which is purely wvw.

If everyone playing PvE exclusively HAS to go to wvw to get their stuff, it’s only fair that once in a great while the wvw crowd should venture out to PvE.

in WvW

Posted by: Eliandal.8735

Eliandal.8735

Why are you ignoring us PvE players and favoring the WvW crew?? They get to have ascended gear for less cost than us PvE guys? How is this even fair?

Why must I be forced to WvW to do my dailies now. It was bad before, but now there will be 3 WvW activities on the daily? This just proves you guys love the WvW crowd a lot more than the PvE crowd.

Amulets cost them 10 laurels less? Unfair.

Why can’t I spend my hard earned thick leather sections on ascended gear yet? Ignored and screwed by the man once again.

I realize this is sarcasm…BUT…you PVE’ers had your ascended items more than FOUR months ahead of us!

Take a look at the accumulated changes to Wv3 – and tell me you honestly still think A-Net loves us more!

Cuthache | Ranger
OTG!
Yak’s Bend!

in WvW

Beachead.4127

If fractals are so fast SUCK IT UP and do them. I have done them, and I gotta say I’m not a fan. I haven’t even gotten a single ascended piece from them. I probably know much more about them than you. Try guild mission, those are fast too. Why don’t you get this through your thick skull: WvW players don’t need ascended gear while fractal players do. It makes much more sense for them to have easy access than you.
Quit whining.

You don’t get it.. your answer is quit whining. I will keep whining because of broken promises and poor execution until ESO comes out. The reason I am whining is because I still have hope that Anet will deliver something that will make it where I won’t even care that ESO is coming out. Again its a hope. People whine in hopes that they will be listened too.

If you don’t like the whining then stop responding.

Ullrok – Warrior
Ullrom – Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: Rawnoodles.1398

Rawnoodles.1398

Siege is broken.

Apparently dropping 15 prints on a map = siege cap? hmmmmm.

Rawnoodles | Mini Noodles
[ESOL] -Elite Solidarity| Driver|
" Latest Video "

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

Siege is broken.

Apparently dropping 15 prints on a map = siege cap? hmmmmm.

Seems like a pretty good improvement to me.

~ AoN ~

in WvW

Posted by: Snorcha.7586

Snorcha.7586

not to mention they left arrow carts untouched, yawn wvw is so slow and boring now..

in WvW

Posted by: Sureshot.6725

Sureshot.6725

You don’t get it.. your answer is quit whining. I will keep whining because of broken promises and poor execution until ESO comes out. The reason I am whining is because I still have hope that Anet will deliver something that will make it where I won’t even care that ESO is coming out. Again its a hope. People whine in hopes that they will be listened too.

No ….most of us do get it.

We don’t want a whiney vocal minority of the community to ruin the game we love.

We bought ANets vision and not the vision of a few wanna-be developers that think they know what is best for the overall health and long-term success of the game.

If your whining gets listened to then expect me and others to whine about them having listened to you instead of staying true to their vision which is what I bought when I decided purchase the game.

in WvW

Posted by: Fatali.4819

Fatali.4819

Possible tasks

[Regional] Event Completer 0/4
[Regional] Killer 0/40
[Regional] Veteran Killer 0/3
Ascalon: Ascalonian Catacombs & Citadel of Flame
Kryta: Caudecus’s Manor
Maguuma Jungle: Twilight Arbor & Crucible of Eternity
Shiverpeak Mountains: Sorrow’s Embrace & Honor of the Waves

Ambient Killer 0/25
Condition Applier
Condition Remover 0/20
Costume Brawl Champion 0/1
Crab Toss Champion 0/1
Daily Aquatic Slayer 0/25
Daily Champion Slayer 0/1
Daily Crafter 0/10
Daily Dodger
Daily Events 0/5
Daily Feast 0/25
Daily Fractal Runner 0/1
Daily Gatherer 0/20
Daily Healer
Daily Kill Variety 0/13
Daily Kills 0/50
Daily Mists Caravan Disruptor 0/5
Daily Mists Invasion Defender 0/10
Daily Puzzle Jumper 0/1
Daily Puzzle Discoverer 0/3
Daily Veteran Slayer 0/5
Dungeon Completer 0/1
Event Mentor 0/5
Group Event Completer 0/2
Karma Spender 0/750
Keg Brawl Scorer
Keg Brawl Stealer
Keg Brawl Fumble Forcer
Leveler 0/1
Mystic Forgesmith 0/5
Personal Story Completer 0/1
Recycler 0/10
Skill Interruptor 0/15
Skill Point Accumulator 0/3
Story Dungeon Completer 0/1

Now, of these, without stepping outside of WvW, I can easily complete

Ambient Killer 0/25
Condition Applier
Condition Remover 0/20
Daily Aquatic Slayer 0/25
Daily Champion Slayer 0/1
Daily Crafter 0/10
Daily Dodger
Daily Events 0/5
Daily Feast 0/25
Daily Gatherer 0/20
Daily Healer
Daily Kill Variety 0/13
Daily Kills 0/50
Daily Mists Caravan Disruptor 0/5
Daily Mists Invasion Defender 0/10
Daily Puzzle Discoverer 0/3
Daily Veteran Slayer 0/5
Karma Spender 0/750
Leveler 0/1
Recycler 0/10
Skill Interruptor 0/15
Skill Point Accumulator 0/3
+aditional new wvw only.

• Note that three per day will always be wvw-only.

It is not difficult to finish the daily in wvw, and it never has been. Before the additional wvw options were added, at most the daily would require completion of 1-2 easy categories that took all of 5-10 mins tops. I doubt need to step foot outside of wvw for my daily with the new options.

I came to this thread hoping for updates on when the new tier modifiers would be out, instead I got 9 pages of QQing about a non-existent problem.

in WvW

Posted by: Cottage Pie.6215

Cottage Pie.6215

No WvW ascended items available for badges, just slight discounts, and accessories are totally off the menu.

Considering I was called out personally by Devon as I maintained all along anet would not give us Ascended for badges, I just have to post this “I was right” gloat poast :P

Taua Roqa – Desolation since day minus 3

~~~My Elite PvP Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04xOsNW7zTA

in WvW

Posted by: Sinaya.4201

Sinaya.4201

(This is kind of long – it started out as a comment, but I decided to make a post instead.)

Personally, I’m excited about the new changes and think that they’re a well thought-out step in the right direction. I appreciate the gradual changes happening in the game, particularly in WvW, and am pleased that there’s now a method for getting chests through ranks with rewards somewhat similar to the chests available from Daily Dragon Chests, etc.

I’m going to be harder pressed to drop WvW to, for example, rush off the catch the Shadow Beast event in Queensdale or catch the Claw of Jormag Event in Frostgorge Sound knowing that I can earn chests that also include Badges by increasing my rank. Knowing that I have roughly a 40-chest backlog of chests meaning that I’ll be getting double chests for the next 40 ranks is also pretty cool.

Regarding Laurels, I think the biggest problem with them is that they are a bit unfair to players who manage multiple characters (alts). Otherwise, I think that most of the rage surrounding them is coming from players who didn’t or don’t or don’t want to utilize other methods of gaining Ascended Gear. (Fractals or Guild Commendations, specifically.)

Regarding what to do with extra badges, (Since some players seem upset that they can’t burn their stacks of badges directly on Ascended gear without using any Laurels) I believe there’s entire exotic armor and weapon sets available that could theoretically be utilized to either try new builds on a main character or buy gear for alternate characters. Siege blueprints are also an option.

I’m often surprised with the general tone and overall feeling of animosity in the WvW forum. Our community expresses a lot of distaste for a game that we apparently loathe yet continue to play, based on how folks write and comment about changes. I feel like any change is sort of a lose/lose for ArenaNet, given how we as customers tend to respond. If I worked there, the repeated backlash the ANet team is subjected to wouldn’t exactly be incentive for me to cater to the community’s demands.

Allowing players to dump (in some cases) thousands of badges for Ascended items may not seem to impact the game economy directly, but it would make an immediate and measurable change on the existing demand for exotic jewelry that players can make or buy with karma. For players who don’t have a lot of Laurels, these pieces are usually the best in slot option until they can acquire enough Laurels, Commendations, Fractal Relics, or get lucky while running Level 10+ Fractals. In some cases, Exotic pieces might even offer more options since their “jewel” slot can be modified whereas Ascended items are static. (The net gain may be less, but Exotic Gear’s slot nature offers extra options and flexibility) Given that players can, (and apparently have) potentially earn hundreds of Badges a day through a few hours of dedicated (albeit somewhat unpredictable) fighting in WvW, I think it’s fair to say that the badge token generation is too volatile a resource to allow to be spent exclusively on otherwise time-gated gear.

So basically, to ANet – Not everyone is as upset as some players who are writing may have y’all believe. To my WvW community – I’m guilty of being a whiner too, but this backlash feels overly dramatic to me.

Crystal Desert

in WvW

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

Ya, it’s pretty dumb tbh. You can’t even get accessories for badges either.

Something like five laurels and 1000 badges is more then fair I think.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in WvW

Posted by: Esprit Dumort.3109

Esprit Dumort.3109

The laurels are by necessity, you realize. If they just made them acquirable via badges, people would just do jumping puzzles and not bother with dailies. Or they’ll do dailies and get other items that can be sold for profit.

If you want to think of it negatively, Anet has forced themselves into a corner with the original release of them. Fractals take time to get, laurels take time to get, and while badges do take time to get it’s nowhere near as long as the first two. So they have to keep it balanced with laurels or ecto otherwise PvE would call foul, saying we can get ours with no effort.

Some evidence of this, is the fact additional WvW dailies were added to make it easier for WvW players to achieve dailies and get their laurels.

Yeah it sucks. And it probably won’t change.

Jessamine [SNOW]
Gandara

(edited by Esprit Dumort.3109)

in WvW

Posted by: wish.3102

wish.3102

OMG guys, we cant have ascended gear for badges because PVE players will do JPs and get 40~ badges a day, and in 3-4 weeks have enough to get one. My God, the tragedy.

Jade Quarry. RNG/THF/GRD/WAR
SovietSpaceDogs[SSD]

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

ANET can not win with most WvWers when it comes to ascended gear, as they dropped the ball horribly, early on when ascended gear was implemented for those who pve. The lack of insight or understanding the possible backlash from those in WvW is well ….. startling. Its seems that those that only WvW can’t and won’t let this go, which is justified.

You didn’t want to invalidate the ways pve players received their ascended pieces, when it took 6 months for ANET to get this far with ascended gear for wvw? That sentence alone is just …… kittenbull. Basically he is saying in GW2 pve >wvw and this is just what we should expect. IF you took the time to understand the WvW community you would get why fewer laurels and more badges would have been the better option. Badges are not, as some have stated so readily available for those who don’t wvw on the regular. Therefore if you wanted to validate our experience as those who just WvW and and farmed our badges for so many hours vs being SOOO worried about invalidating those who pve for ascended gear, you might have gotten this right.

This is a good post, imo. Six months to get a new vendor added to the game and then we are lectured about how it might invalidate PvEers??? Back when I ran a UO shard, I could get a new vendor created in about 5 mins of basic scripting. Granted GW2 is a more complex game, but I would be pretty surprised if they didn’t have basic tools to do the same thing.

~ AoN ~

in WvW

Posted by: Tekyn.5376

Tekyn.5376

Regarding Laurels, I think the biggest problem with them is that they are a bit unfair to players who manage multiple characters (alts). Otherwise, I think that most of the rage surrounding them is coming from players who didn’t or don’t or don’t want to utilize other methods of gaining Ascended Gear. (Fractals or Guild Commendations, specifically.)

+1 Well said. For me, three level 80’s and seven sets of gear means I would need 490 laurels to get fully decked out in ascended gear. And that doesn’t include accessories since I get those through guild missions already.

“I feel like I’m getting trolled here. Good day sir.”
- John Smith, ArenaNet in-house economist

in WvW

Posted by: Kami.7369

Kami.7369

Did you really think that they were going to add Ascended items for JUST badges? There’s no other Ascended item in the game that is obtainable with a currency that is theoretically unlimited for a day.

Ascended items have always been gated. Why would the WvW versions of them be any different?

Jonlo Vangalen
Getof Fenris – Blackgate
http://getoffenris.com/

in WvW

Isaac.6041

I got 10 badges, 2 ballistas, 2 rares and 20 silver with my first 2 chests. It’s looking good.

in WvW

Isaac.6041

It’s a fair discount of ~10 days of waiting.

in WvW

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

Stop whining…

It’s the same diff between rares and exotics. So I’m sure that everyone just stuck with rares when exotics were the top? Lawl. A few added stats often makes the difference between winning and defeat. Get a clue.

My fractal running friends have inventories full of ascended jewelry from running fractals. They didn’t have to spend any of their precious laurels on them and and get more very easily. Yes there is a time investment to get to a higher fractal… but there is also one for getting to a higher wvw rank. Give higher ranked players a higher chance from the daily boxes to get ascended items.

Still no way to get ascended backs outside of fractals. <- At the VERY least this needs to be fixed.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in WvW

Beachead.4127

No ….most of us do get it.

We don’t want a whiney vocal minority of the community to ruin the game we love.

We bought ANets vision and not the vision of a few wanna-be developers that think they know what is best for the overall health and long-term success of the game.

If your whining gets listened to then expect me and others to whine about them having listened to you instead of staying true to their vision which is what I bought when I decided purchase the game.

Minority? We have pages of people who find the new WvW enhancements lame and are angered by the laurels factored into the cost of ascended gear. You have as much evidence as I do on being in the minority. The evidence I do have is that just about everyone in my guild feels these changes are lame and not enough to keep interest in GW2 for the long term. We are a hardcore WvW guild in T1 and have held out for a while in hopes that Anet would do the right thing. Most find this round of enhancements to be insulting or not enough and are looking forward to ESO.

I am a software developer. In fact I am the lead architect on our main application which is used by hundreds of hospitals across the United States. If I didn’t listen to my clients and take in their feedback then I wouldn’t be nearly as successful as I am today. I have found that the vocal minority is in fact representative of a major portion of the population. While I do control the vision of the application, I do make changes according to market and feedback.

Again you don’t get it.

Ullrok – Warrior
Ullrom – Mesmer

in WvW

Isaac.6041

Still no way to get ascended backs outside of fractals. <- At the VERY least this needs to be fixed.

Wrong. You can get the Sclerite Karka Shell (ascended) without doing a single fractal.

in WvW

Posted by: Acelerion.6820

Acelerion.6820

Doessent matter what the practicalities are. He said anet wouldent do it. Anet called him out personally to say they would.

He was right.

OINK – Devona’s Rest
Mesmer-Thief
http://www.youtube.com/user/Axcelerion?feature=watch – Small group videos

in WvW

Isaac.6041

Doessent matter what the practicalities are. He said anet wouldent do it. Anet called him out personally to say they would.

He was right.

Where did Devon make any such statement? They told us from the beginning that the ascended gear would be a combination of laurels and badges. They never said that it would cost only badges.

in WvW

Posted by: Tekyn.5376

Tekyn.5376

“I feel like I’m getting trolled here. Good day sir.”
- John Smith, ArenaNet in-house economist