in WvW

Posted by: JJBigs.8456

JJBigs.8456

If so, will it ever be nerfed?

Perplexity wont be nerfed tommarow

in WvW

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

Perplexity is fine in PvE. Not available in sPvP. So arenanet doesnt see a problem.

in WvW

Posted by: kingcragus.6810

kingcragus.6810

Rofl. They already added a heal the removes confusion on top of whatever condition removal you already have. What else do you want? Perhaps you want these runes nerfing to a point where confusion is just lols again and 100% pointless…then you can get back to spamming your abilities with no risk.

When was the last time any one actually died to confusion? Because I haven’t seen more that 3 stacks on myself for weeks…

in WvW

Posted by: Zord.6130

Zord.6130

Rofl. They already added a heal the removes confusion on top of whatever condition removal you already have. What else do you want? Perhaps you want these runes nerfing to a point where confusion is just lols again and 100% pointless…then you can get back to spamming your abilities with no risk.

When was the last time any one actually died to confusion? Because I haven’t seen more that 3 stacks on myself for weeks…

Please, refrain from showing your lack of skill to everyone, it might be bad for your reputation (if you even had any).

Powerpuff Girls [PPG]
Trixxi Is Cute – Purple Fhaz: your daily roamer

in WvW

kingcragus.6810

Please, refrain from showing your lack of skill to everyone, it might be bad for your reputation (if you even had any).

Couldn’t give a toss about reputation. And how does that even show lack of skill…..only kittens die to confusion.

in WvW

Posted by: Amurond.4590

Amurond.4590

ignore him, he’s a perplexity mesmer desperately holding onto his crutch

~ The Server I Play On Is Better Than The Server You Play On ~
- Kudzu, Dreamer, Frostfang, Eternity, Flameseeker Prophecies ~
~Nevermore, HOPE, Moot, Incinerator, Meteorlogicus, Howler ~

in WvW

Posted by: Moon.6371

Moon.6371

Before I found out that Kingcracus is just a baddie desperately trying to defend the only thing that enables him to stomp someone from time to time, I asked myself how any sane person could advocate for a rune that is just about 1000 times stronger than any other rune in the game.

Please, tell me any other rune where the choice of rune is making the playstyle, not the build. A runeset should just complement the build, like all the other sets do.

Dear Anet, we need a balance team for wvw, it really is a shame that we have to deal for so many months with that!

[Buka] Koma Grey
[Buka] Mojo Monkey Man
Kodash

in WvW

Posted by: BlackDevil.9268

BlackDevil.9268

Its not about the ’’3stacks’’, the healing is kitten so that’s no argument.
No, interrupt causing 5 stacks of confusion doesn’t matter. Especially not when your dps gets lowered by getting interrupted and therefor also punished for casting more skills combined with a 1.5k tick per second at least by other conditions that can’t be as easily cleansed kitten stacks confusion do every 5 seconds you get interrupted, again.

The ones that use perplexity runes in roaming are scrubs, not the ones who fight/die against it.

in WvW

Moon.6371

kitten , I just agreed with BlackDevil… Winter is coming?

[Buka] Koma Grey
[Buka] Mojo Monkey Man
Kodash

in WvW

kingcragus.6810

So because I defend something I must be using them? Whatever you say.

in WvW

BlackDevil.9268

Well, tell us why you are defending the runes then?

in WvW

kingcragus.6810

Because there is nothing wrong with them. That 50% confusion nerf those many months ago already pushed confusion into obscurity and nerfing these runes will just do the same again. I am just trying to stop all you cry babies from watering down the game and making more easy mode than it already is.

But enough of this…my EPIC wvw queue just popped.

Game On

For the record I only run traveler runes as a replacement for centaur rune on my mesmer. I hate mesmer run speed and that 25% passive is great. To much work twisting heals for centaur runes perma swiftness.

(edited by kingcragus.6810)

in WvW

BlackDevil.9268

Because there is nothing wrong with them. That 50% confusion nerf those many months ago already pushed confusion into obscurity and nerfing these runes will just do the same again. I am just trying to stop all you cry babies from watering down the game and making more easy mode than it already is.

Game On

For the record I only run traveler runes as a replacement for centaur rune on my mesmer. I hate mesmer run speed and that 25% passive is great. To much work twisting heals for centaur runes perma swiftness.

That sentence already describes how less you know about this game.

Everyone that disagrees with you with a better argument than what you say ‘’Because there is nothing wrong with them’’ has more knowledge about this game than you do and therefor your statement becomes even more useless, which is in this case about… let me think.. oh right, everyone.

in WvW

kingcragus.6810

Game On

Everyone that disagrees with you with a better argument than what you say ‘’Because there is nothing wrong with them’’ has more knowledge about this game than you do and therefor your statement becomes even more useless, which is in this case about… let me think.. oh right, everyone.

Sigh. l2p man.

in WvW

BlackDevil.9268

Game On

Sigh. l2p man.

Another great argument shown by mister kingcragus. You should go into politics man, they constantly scream kitten without arguments.

in WvW

kingcragus.6810

Game On

Sigh. l2p man.

Another great argument shown by mister kingcragus. You should go into politics man, they constantly scream kitten without arguments.

Please explain to me the exact situation when you last died to a perplexity user. Include number of stacks, damage per tick, your hp, your condition removal, any invulns you might have, the type of fight (1v1) etc, and where the fight was (terrain etc), length of fight.

Lets see if it is a l2p issue.

in WvW

BlackDevil.9268

Actually that would be a 1v1 whereas I got interrupted on a 1/4 seconds casting time skill, aka veil. Then I got interrupted again 2 seconds later to cast my healing, then I got interrupt again to interrupt the enemy, and by that time I was down to 10k hp with 4 other conditions on me, no way of cleansing, no way of stealthing, no way of outrunning the enemy or locking him down cause of 15 stacks confusion lasting for over 20 seconds.

But hey, it’s not about who beats who in 1v1’s. This is about noobs being able to kill 1 skilled player because they run those runes.

I was fighting 2 total moron thieves the other day, no idea what they were doing, but just because I got spammed with confusion and bleedings I had no way of dealing enough damage to them without killing myself so I had to run off. While if these people would run runes that would’ve boost their bleeding duration and w/e condition they spam, I could easily beat them without any doubt.

That is the difference between 2 condition runes whereas 1 becomes much more op in the hands of any kittened monkey.

in WvW

Posted by: LunarNacht.8913

LunarNacht.8913

The runes should be nerfed. At the same time every confusion skill should be looked at. Longer duration on all mesmer skills for example… Like these riff drakes, they have incredible good confusion. Some skill should just apply more confusion than right now. Back when confusion was nerfed, i expected an overhaul of all the skills and traits connected to it soon after. After i saw the runes, i expected it again…

It just sucks that you have to use these runes to make confusion worth it. Runes should advance builds not create them!

in WvW

kingcragus.6810

Actually that would be a 1v1 whereas I got interrupted on a 1/4 seconds casting time skill, aka veil. Then I got interrupted again 2 seconds later to cast my healing, then I got interrupt again to interrupt the enemy, and by that time I was down to 10k hp with 4 other conditions on me, no way of cleansing, no way of stealthing, no way of outrunning the enemy or locking him down cause of 15 stacks confusion lasting for over 20 seconds.

But hey, it’s not about who beats who in 1v1’s. This is about noobs being able to kill 1 skilled player because they run those runes.

I was fighting 2 total moron thieves the other day, no idea what they were doing, but just because I got spammed with confusion and bleedings I had no way of dealing enough damage to them without killing myself so I had to run off. While if these people would run runes that would’ve boost their bleeding duration and w/e condition they spam, I could easily beat them without any doubt.

That is the difference between 2 condition runes whereas 1 becomes much more op in the hands of any kittened monkey.

wtf man you play mes, just run the mantra cond removal. The uses don’t proc confusion, only the charge, so charge it in stealth or under f4 OR break line of sight when charging and using heals etc. Also if you have this mantra charged when you enter the fight you are looking at 8 conditions removed in around 24 seconds and this is constant.

Also use decoy, no cast time, doubles as stun breaker. I am not a fan of veil in 1v1.

If thieves are using headshot to stack confusion ( I know this might not have been the case here) break LoS then burst them down after they burnt all there initiative. Even better 1v1 against head shot spam thief and you using arcane thievery, take the stacks and transfer them from stealth, he will instagib himself.

I always try to drag my fight to trees or something that will obstruct enemies attacks even if they are not using perplexity runes. So long as the person I am fighting is seeing either evade or obstructed I am happy. Wait for them to be on CD then burst them down.(I run shatter).

Err other things…

Illusionary persona lets you use shatter abilities with no clones. Gives you a insta interrupt with f3 and 1 sec invuln with f4. Trait for f4 grants reflection. You can use these f abilities during your own cast times without interrupting yourself.

Clone on Dodge. Best source of clones if you using that sigil of energy(?)

All of these things work. Against everything, not just perplexity.

(edited by kingcragus.6810)

in WvW

BlackDevil.9268

Yeah sure, I’ll just switch all those utility’s while in combat mode, np. I’ll just fully retrait also every time I see someone and I suspect him from using perplexity runes.

in WvW

Posted by: lunyboy.8672

lunyboy.8672

Head shot spamming thieves traited for good initiative return can drop serious amounts of confusion on just about anyone with these runes. 1v1 they are pretty much unbeatable, even with really good condition cleanse and good access to stability. It is simply a waiting game, and it’s not like they can’t pursue pretty much any profession or just stealth and reset.

What’s fun is running into a team of these jokers all running perplex, interrupting, and then laughing at you.

So Pro.

Miss Fisthammer – Engineer | Urgard Fistorsen – Guardian
Physti – Elementalist | Fistful of Blades – Thief
[WHIP] Quaggan Slavers – HoD

in WvW

kingcragus.6810

Yeah sure, I’ll just switch all those utility’s while in combat mode, np. I’ll just fully retrait also every time I see someone and I suspect him from using perplexity runes.

So basically you are refusing to adjust build/playstyle to counter something that you otherwise have trouble with. As I said all of these things work great against anything. And LoS is basic gameplay in multiple games.

Beyond help.

in WvW

BlackDevil.9268

So basically you are refusing to adjust build/playstyle to counter something that you otherwise have trouble with. As I said all of these things work great against anything. And LoS is basic gameplay in multiple games.

Beyond help.

Yes, you know how kittened this sounds? Building your char to counter some runes? Which other rune makes people do that? Exactly, none

in WvW

BlackDevil.9268

You got something else to say besides l2p? Oh right, no I gotta ‘’learn 2 play’‘, being said by some prick that doesn’t even understand his own class, let alone the game. Monkeys like you ruin this game, casual kitten.

in WvW

Moon.6371

Haha, all these diehard deniers trying desperately to justify this runeset, one can tell reading these posts who`s using it to compensate for lack of skill and who not. “Just build your character to counter these runes…” Yeah…, because it is balanced when I don`t have to trait against classes or traits but against runes.

Don`t you get, that`s exactly the problem: There is no other runeset that demands to trait specifically against it, to not die to o so skillful interrupt spam…

[Buka] Koma Grey
[Buka] Mojo Monkey Man
Kodash

in WvW

lunyboy.8672

You got something else to say besides l2p? Oh right, no I gotta ‘’learn 2 play’‘, being said by some prick that doesn’t even understand his own class, let alone the game. Monkeys like you ruin this game, casual kitten.

“King” isn’t a casual, he is a pro troll, runs small teams in wvw with imbalanced foods, runes, guard leach etc. and then comes to troll on the forums.

He is most likely running these runes and is here to troll people who (correctly) think they are overpowered.

The sixth rune skill needs a cool down, simple as that. It is too powerful in the hands of several key professions at the moment, but those who are using it as a crutch for troll-y game play don’t want to give up the Lolz.

I have stopped actively trying to interrupt people with my set, since even though I like the confusion application, it feels too icky to use on all but the most aggressive hammer warriors. I will probably keep using them after the nerf, they just dovetail to nicely with my condition build.

in WvW

lunyboy.8672

Haha, all these diehard deniers trying desperately to justify this runeset, one can tell reading these posts who`s using it to compensate for lack of skill and who not. “Just build your character to counter these runes…” Yeah…, because it is balanced when I don`t have to trait against classes or traits but against runes.

Don`t you get, that`s exactly the problem: There is no other runeset that demands to trait specifically against it, to not die to o so skillful interrupt spam…

That’s not entirely the case. It is definitely an over-powered rune set, but there are several runes which “define” builds to some extent or make up for shortcomings that would otherwise be a set back for key professions/builds:

Soldier runes, for instance, Traveller, Melandru, to a lesser degree Hoelbrak, Lyssa, Noble for might stacking, Dolyak, scholar, etc.

For anyone running condition damage, we have to trait, gear and buff as a direct counter to the Lemongrass/Melandru build.

So while I agree on principle about your point, I think you are missing one of the key factors driving the adoption of this rune; condition builds don’t generally have a lot of good options for rune sets. The Rune of Tormenting was a nice start over Runes of the Undead, or Runes of the Forge, but some folks were just sitting on their rune sets until something epic cam along.

Unfortunately, the devs didn’t foresee the issues with interrupt builds + Perplexity.

in WvW

kingcragus.6810

I would accept rune nerf if they buffed confusion by 100%

in WvW

Moon.6371

@ lunyboy:

I never had the feeling I have to trait specifically against lyssa, melandru or any other rune. Traveller i.e. is strong, but can you think of someone saying: “kitten , I was doomed to die, because I had the wrong traits against your traveller set!” ?

I`m exaggerating a bit, but I feel my inital statement that there is no other runeset that firstly, enables the user to completely rely on the runeset to do damage to kill someone and secondly, forces the opponent to change his/her build to counter it, is still legit.

Appreciate your perspective nonetheless, I guess we´re still on the same boat.

Best regards

[Buka] Koma Grey
[Buka] Mojo Monkey Man
Kodash

(edited by Moon.6371)

in WvW

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

I mean the runes aren’t that big of a problem for most people. I can’t even remember the last time me or anyone I know has died because of someone using perplex.

Perplex is a troll runeset designed to induce tears in those it’s used against, it seems to be working on you guys.

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

in WvW

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

I would accept rune nerf if they buffed confusion by 100%

If they buffed the confusion to the pre-nerf level, I’ll go back to play my mesmer lol… There’s reason that they nerf confusion in WvW in the first place.

in WvW

Posted by: mini.6018

mini.6018

kitten , I just agreed with BlackDevil… Winter is coming?

Today i checked and were in november .So yeah .winter IS really coming :P

in WvW

Posted by: mini.6018

mini.6018

The ammount of perplexity engies/thieves and mesmers is quite laughable.Plz delete the runes already so we can all have fun in roaming again and get back to crying how annoying d/p thieves are.The way it was supposed to be.

in WvW

lunyboy.8672

@ lunyboy:

I never had the feeling I have to trait specifically against lyssa, melandru or any other rune. Traveller i.e. is strong, but can you think of someone saying: “kitten , I was doomed to die, because I had the wrong traits against your traveller set!” ?

I`m exaggerating a bit, but I feel my inital statement that there is no other runeset that firstly, enables the user to completely rely on the runeset to do damage to kill someone and secondly, forces the opponent to change his/her build to counter it, is still legit.

Appreciate your perspective nonetheless, I guess we´re still on the same boat.

Best regards

I do trait and gear and buff specifically against the Melandru build, but yes, I take your point. Most people don’t notice the effects of defensive rune set though, if you think about it, they just come away saying “Man, that guy/girl was hard to kill.”

Soldier runes alone allow for a tankier build on the highest armor class in the game… there are NO other sets that address a class specific mechanic like they do, with the only one close being Ranger Runes with the companion buff (that’s bugged).

Engineer runes add damage when holding a bundle, but to be frank, that set is somewhat terrible compared to scholar, golemancer or even ranger, with % damage increases baked into the rest of the set, not just the 6th rune… and it would apply to anyone holding anything from a conjure to pots of hylek poison.

in WvW

Posted by: Oozo.7856

Oozo.7856

Couldn’t give a toss about reputation. And how does that even show lack of skill…..only kittens die to confusion.

The following implication is strong: If you defend these runes then you have a lack of skill.

[Anonymous Defender] on Youtube
Solo & Roaming Group WvW Movies

in WvW

Posted by: Sororita.3465

Sororita.3465

put an internal cool down of 10 seconds and be done with it, why a warrior, as an example, can put 20+ stacks of confusion on a target is just plain ridiculous, especially seeming as its not even accessible by their class to begin with.

-Starlight Honeybuns [BUNS] IoJ
Timelord to Lillium Honeybuns
#apparently im not allowed a signature anymore

Commander Starlight Honeybuns[BUNS]
Timelord to Lillium Honeybuns, IoJ
Forever together, or not at all.

(edited by Sororita.3465)

in WvW

Oozo.7856

Game On

Sigh. l2p man.

Please explain to me the exact situation when you last died to a perplexity user. Include number of stacks, damage per tick, your hp, your condition removal, any invulns you might have, the type of fight (1v1) etc, and where the fight was (terrain etc), length of fight.

Lets see if it is a l2p issue.

Last time I died to confusion was when I was fighting a group with a perplexity hammer warrior. In a couple of moves he put 20+ stacks of confusion on me while I was being focused by the other players in his group. Since my conditional removal was down, I had the choice to do something and die from confusion or do nothing for 10 seconds and die because I did nothing for 10 seconds.

But, by all means, keep defending these runes. It lets us all know exactly where you are coming from.

(edited by Oozo.7856)

in WvW

Posted by: profgast.7816

profgast.7816

put an internal cool down of 10 seconds and be done with it, why a warrior, as an example, can put 20+ stacks of confusion on a target is just plain ridiculous, especially seeming as its not even accessible by their class to begin with.

Not saying perplexity isn’t a broken runeset (it is, but there are certain classes I’d still use it on even if they dropped the confusion to 1/3, halved the duration and gave it a 20s icd on ’rupt proc), but I just wanted to point out that Warriors DO have access to confusion in-class without perplexity.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Distracting_Strikes

Like many confusion traits it’s almost completely useless because unlike perplexity, the base duration of the confusion is only 8 seconds, at least 1 second, normally 2 or more of which will be spent unable to use skills. I think it’s been buffed a couple times since launch but yes.

@ statement of building specifically to combat against: I agree it’s absurd that you have to build specifically to counter perplexity. However I feel the same way about thieves with shadow refuge so it’s not like there isn’t precedent for certain skills/classes/builds that require specific countermeasures to deal with effectively.

(edited by profgast.7816)

in WvW

Posted by: Zephyrus.9680

Zephyrus.9680

They’re already stated they’ll fix it sometime. So the technical answer is “soon”.

Zefyres – Ele | Maguuma | (ex) top100 solo/teamQ casual | Youtube

in WvW

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

They’re already stated they’ll fix it sometime. So the technical answer is “soon”.

Its much more rewarding for some people to complain on the forums than it is to sit down. read the other thread with the anet reply on the matter and wait.

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

in WvW

Oozo.7856

This should have been a high priority fix. Actually, it should have never made it live to begin with.

in WvW

Posted by: Andrew Clear.1750

Andrew Clear.1750

Seems that this is the normal gripe in mmo games. If you aren’t a mesmer then you don’t like the runes, if you are a mesmer, then you like them.

Same thing goes with the thief and stealth.

I don’t have a problem with the runes. Mesmers aren’t really killing me.

in WvW

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

Seems that this is the normal gripe in mmo games. If you aren’t a mesmer then you don’t like the runes, if you are a mesmer, then you like them.

Same thing goes with the thief and stealth.

I don’t have a problem with the runes. Mesmers aren’t really killing me.

My Eng is far more OP with them than a mes…

I have no problems with stealth.

I’m surprised it’s taking them so long to figure out how nerf/implement this.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

(edited by Aberrant.6749)

in WvW

Posted by: Kaamau.5341

Kaamau.5341

Hmm.. I have never had a problem with them. Sure the runes have killed me a time or two. But that is just as many times other runes have played a hand in my demise. I do admit, I run a build with them in it. But I only use it with 2 interrupts with relatively long CD’s. If I manage to land them it can be devastating but that is also because I pick up BI, a Mesmer trait with compliments them. Yet they may be a little to strong at times. I would like them to be done away with and recreated a Mesmer trait pretty far down one of our trait lines. It makes it so a few of my abilities really powerful if I land them at the correct time, which is difficult given this game has no visible cast bars.

I speak for as a Mesmer here. They are broken on some other classes. Though I rarely have a issue with any of them.

Fort Aspenwood
PRAISE GEESUS

in WvW

Posted by: overEnd.2947

overEnd.2947

Runes are broken with some builds/classes. The only reason you don’t see more players crying about it is because most people run in zergs where the runes have no impact.

The fix would easly be an internal cooldown and im not sure how that wasn’t added a week after thier release.

in WvW

Posted by: Zord.6130

Zord.6130

The following implication is strong: If you defend these runes then you have a lack of skill.

Pretty much.

Powerpuff Girls [PPG]
Trixxi Is Cute – Purple Fhaz: your daily roamer

in WvW

Posted by: Omne.4603

Omne.4603

Then your fighting bads. Perplexity is incredibly easy to abuse with only a few people running it.

I Cant Stop/ Ocularis
NSP | Os Guild Master
www.osguild.org | www.youtube.com/osthink

in WvW

Posted by: Amurond.4590

Amurond.4590

Me on my mes. Too many stun breakers and if they drop conditions on me Arcane theft.
And this is with shatter of perplexity build.

lol @ warriors

2 days later

As I said, I ran these runes yesterday and they might do many things but none of them is promoting skilled play.
If you need them, the l2p issue might be yours.

Prefer not to use them tbh, mesmer too slow for me without traveler runes or something.

Already been through this.

Screw you mods. Man up and let ppl insult each other. Stop removing posts.

I guess you know it’s a crutch if you feel the need to fib about using them.

Funny how one of your posts talking in detail about your use of perplexity runes has gone missing since last time I looked. A few weeks ago I had a quick peek at the post history of the 4 – 5 people defending perplexity runes in the other thread – only one didn’t have past post history saying they use them, and it wasn’t you.

So basically we’re at the same spot again. Players who rely on perplexity as a crutch defending the runes. Oddly enough though, I haven’t actually run into as many people using them lately. Maybe I’ve been lucky.

~ The Server I Play On Is Better Than The Server You Play On ~
- Kudzu, Dreamer, Frostfang, Eternity, Flameseeker Prophecies ~
~Nevermore, HOPE, Moot, Incinerator, Meteorlogicus, Howler ~

(edited by Amurond.4590)

in WvW

Posted by: hihey.1075

hihey.1075

Last time I’ve been killed by a Perplexity user was… long time ago.
If I smell perplexity I just start permastealthing and wasting my opponent’s time. This is the only case I rely on permastealthing in 1v1s actually. If I’m particularly evil I will even call out for more people, zerg him and throwing siege on his corpse, hoping he rage quits the map. Roaming in a map with a perplexity roamer in it is too much annoying for me.

Pillow Cake
Worst Thief EU
One Handed One vs One Videos

in WvW

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

the best joke is how they said they don’t want thieves to make builds based around 1 trait yet it is absolutely fine that there are bunch of builds for different classes based around that very rune…

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>