PiP System Not Equal For All Players

in WvW

Posted by: charrboiledeggs.8164

charrboiledeggs.8164

Currently the pip system rewards those that run around in 50+ man blobs. And those that do not have high populations get punished by not rewarding as many pips as the blobs. Roamers get even more punished for not blobbing. The only way to get outnumbered extra pip is erroneous cuz of the requirements in order to be outnumbered.
why does anet continue to reward bad gameplay and blobbing and punish those that choose not to blob?
And before its said, “this is a group oriented game” It is also played by players that choose not to group up and to cater to only the blobbers is unfair to the rest.

Power builds R a dying breed but there R those that retain the skill 2 play them.
Protest & Rally against this no skill meta anet has created.

in WvW

Posted by: len.7809

len.7809

i dont get it, as a roammer, i get the same pip reward than a blob. Once i get t3 participation i get Skrimish position reward + rank reward, like all the blobers does.
What is the “not equal”?

in WvW

Posted by: Tom.6032

Tom.6032

i dont get it, as a roammer, i get the same pip reward than a blob. Once i get t3 participation i get Skrimish position reward + rank reward, like all the blobers does.
What is the “not equal”?

What he said.

in WvW

Posted by: bloodymarx.9052

bloodymarx.9052

I think he means that the pip system rewards those who run around in blobs because they’ll have a much higher WXP total than those who don’t. This doesn’t just mean solo roamers, but smaller groups too.
Sure, you can eventually get to the same rank as blobbers do, but it’ll take you a very long time to even get to rank 620 and start receiving two(!) pips. To say nothing about gold and higher.

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Actually groups of 5-10 farm wxp easy and don’t have to deal with tower/keep lord scaling. They also don’t get tied up as much due to randoms not knowing what they’re doing.

I’d also like to point out the following

Dolyak kill 50
Sentry point capture 100
Supply camp capture 200
Tower capture 400
Keep capture 800
Stonemist capture 1000

In other words, capturing keeps are pretty overrated, considering 4 camps are worth as much as a keep and are less likely to meet resistance. If you capture 2 camps, 2 sentries, and a tower, you would get the same as capturing stonemist.

While it’s easy to bash pve’rs coming into WvW, I would like to say most of them are kitten good at dps’ing lords down.

#learntopve

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

in WvW

Posted by: Mist.6217

Mist.6217

Currently the pip system rewards those that run around in 50+ man blobs. And those that do not have high populations get punished by not rewarding as many pips as the blobs. Roamers get even more punished for not blobbing. The only way to get outnumbered extra pip is erroneous cuz of the requirements in order to be outnumbered.
why does anet continue to reward bad gameplay and blobbing and punish those that choose not to blob?
And before its said, “this is a group oriented game” It is also played by players that choose not to group up and to cater to only the blobbers is unfair to the rest.

I’ve roamed and run with my guild and gain t3 participation just slightly faster in the group but I’m not the best roamer. There isn’t any bonus to running in a blob or not once you hit that t3 participation and start earning your pips.

Not aimed at you but everyone complaining about the new system are being very silly. It is LESS than a week old and the amount of “omg X pip gain is unbalanced” is ridiculous. Give the system time to work and then post any issues with it, cause so far I haven’t noticed really any.

in WvW

charrboiledeggs.8164

Take this into consideration. Running around in a blob grinding for ppt you get a lot more pips then running around as a small group or lower populated blob and getting ran over by the bigger blob and can’t take any towers or anything cuz the other blob runs you down. When you have servers that have full squad + blobs on every map against servers that can barely fill a squad on one map then it becomes unbalanced. And anet keeps putting these big blobby servers against lower populated servers. Its almost as if they want the bigger server to ultimately dominate the other ones. Its the same thing every week. Anet pins a blob server against 2 smaller servers. they know what’s going to happen they can’t be that clueless about the game.

Power builds R a dying breed but there R those that retain the skill 2 play them.

in WvW

Posted by: KryTiKaL.3125

KryTiKaL.3125

Take this into consideration. Running around in a blob grinding for ppt you get a lot more pips then running around as a small group or lower populated blob and getting ran over by the bigger blob and can’t take any towers or anything cuz the other blob runs you down. When you have servers that have full squad + blobs on every map against servers that can barely fill a squad on one map then it becomes unbalanced. And anet keeps putting these big blobby servers against lower populated servers. Its almost as if they want the bigger server to ultimately dominate the other ones. Its the same thing every week. Anet pins a blob server against 2 smaller servers. they know what’s going to happen they can’t be that clueless about the game.

You don’t get pips from being in a blob. If you are a commander you get +1 pip, if you are outnumbered you get +5 pips, if your server is 3rd place you get +1 pip, if your server is 2nd you get +2 pips, if your server is 1st you get +3 pips, your WvW rank gives +1 to +7 pips, if you have been loyal to a server for 3 weeks you get +1 pip. You don’t gain any additional pips for running with a blob unless you are commanding it

If your complaint is that your server gets less pips because it has the lowest score, is 3rd or last, than a server that is 1st or 2nd then you need to dial it back. A server that is placing higher than the others getting more pips per tick than ones that are not performing as well is pretty reasonable. It isn’t meant to be something that makes it “fair” or “equal” it is meant as incentive to do better. Servers get paired with one or more servers these days, so population shouldn’t be -that- huge of a deal in WvW at least to my understanding of it.

Which to clarify how the system works, you get pips every 5 minutes so long as you are participating. Your participation tier does not affect the amount of pips you get, it only affects if you actually get pips. Which if you are actually doing anything then you will easily get to tier 3 participation and earn pips every tick.

(edited by KryTiKaL.3125)

in WvW

charrboiledeggs.8164

You don’t get pips from being in a blob. If you are a commander you get +1 pip, if you are outnumbered you get +5 pips, if your server is 3rd place you get +1 pip, if your server is 2nd you get +2 pips, if your server is 1st you get +3 pips, your WvW rank gives +1 to +7 pips, if you have been loyal to a server for 3 weeks you get +1 pip. You don’t gain any additional pips for running with a blob unless you are commanding it

If your complaint is that your server gets less pips because it has the lowest score, is 3rd or last, than a server that is 1st or 2nd then you need to dial it back. A server that is placing higher than the others getting more pips per tick than ones that are not performing as well is pretty reasonable. It isn’t meant to be something that makes it “fair” or “equal” it is meant as incentive to do better. Servers get paired with one or more servers these days, so population shouldn’t be -that- huge of a deal in WvW at least to my understanding of it.

blobbers do get pips just from the ppt and everything. meanwhile the lower populated server cant make headway cuz the bigger blob just runs them over or backcaps immediately.
and another reason why its unfair is that lower ranked players get less pips than higher ranked players. so a lower ranked player not grinding all day in wvw gets punished.
pip system needs to be moved to eotm and out of real wvw. and dont say anything about server being together in eotm cuz the game knows what server youre on even in eotm. or just remove the loyalty pip altogether.

in WvW

KryTiKaL.3125

blobbers do get pips just from the ppt and everything. meanwhile the lower populated server cant make headway cuz the bigger blob just runs them over or backcaps immediately.
and another reason why its unfair is that lower ranked players get less pips than higher ranked players. so a lower ranked player not grinding all day in wvw gets punished.
pip system needs to be moved to eotm and out of real wvw. and dont say anything about server being together in eotm cuz the game knows what server youre on even in eotm. or just remove the loyalty pip altogether.

Everyone participating, aka having tier 3 participation in WvW, gets pips every tick, yes. Blobbers do not get more than others but that is completely depending on their WvW rank and there server placement. You do not get more just for being in a blob, you get more based on your personal time and effort spent in WvW.

Your issue seems to be that you haven’t spent much time at all in WvW, you’re just getting into it and now you want all the bells and whistles right off the bat whereas people who have been playing WvW for years, and I mean years, didn’t get anything for all of that time. To me it would be completely unfair -to them- if you were getting the exact same pips per tick that they were yet you haven’t even spent 5% of the amount of time they have playing WvW.

in WvW

charrboiledeggs.8164

Everyone participating, aka having tier 3 participation in WvW, gets pips every tick, yes. Blobbers do not get more than others but that is completely depending on their WvW rank and there server placement. You do not get more just for being in a blob, you get more based on your personal time and effort spent in WvW.

Your issue seems to be that you haven’t spent much time at all in WvW, you’re just getting into it and now you want all the bells and whistles right off the bat whereas people who have been playing WvW for years, and I mean years, didn’t get anything for all of that time. To me it would be completely unfair -to them- if you were getting the exact same pips per tick that they were yet you haven’t even spent 5% of the amount of time they have playing WvW.

Lol i explained it thoroughly and you still didn’t understand so I guess its w/e with you.

in WvW

Posted by: Mist.6217

Mist.6217

The only extra pip you get from ppt is what rank your server is for the skirmish, so what 1-2 extra? That is very game breaking right there… On the flip of that though that server is last place might be getting the outnumbered buff giving them as many or more pips then the winning server so it evens out. There is literally no difference between them outside of how quickly the pip tracks are finished. Once you finish the final tier you don’t gain extra tickets so ALL players regardless of server/rank are capped at 175 if they so choose to try to finish all tiers each week.

in WvW

KryTiKaL.3125

Lol i explained it thoroughly and you still didn’t understand so I guess its w/e with you.

You actually didn’t explain it thoroughly. From what I can gather you’re frustrated that your server isn’t rank 1 in your current matchup and as such you get less pips per tick, but what it seems like you’re also not understanding is that the system is that the system isn’t designed to reward people who barely play WvW, it is to reward those who actually play it primarily or are beginning to play it primarily and rewarding servers for actually doing well in their matchups, not for coming in -last-.

The pip rewards for such things to me is completely reasonable. You want the same amount of pips per tick that a rank 4000+ WvW player gets but as a rank 200-400 WvW player, as well as you wanting the same pips per tick as a server placed 1st in your matchup even if your server isn’t doing as well. Thats just not going to happen and is honestly more unreasonable than whatever it is your issue is.

in WvW

Posted by: PabbyGaul.9682

PabbyGaul.9682

You should tell your server to blob more. Whisper enemy commanders and call them names and ask to 1v1.

in WvW

Posted by: neven.3785

neven.3785

I often avoid playing in a blob and i have no issues gaining the participation needed and my WvW rank is much higher than a good portion of the blobbers because i am willing to play without a tag on map vs them logging out. Your point of an apparent advantage is moot. If its the ranking issue that is your problem, use the guide in my signature if you are unaware of how to efficiently gain wxp levels.

I put my time in wvw, not for the ranks, but because its the game mode i like. The majority of my ranks were gained when i was on the outnumbered server, maguuma wasn’t always a bandwagon, much of my gameplay fell outside of its prime time where we got outcoveraged constantly. With blackgate deciding to wake up, even last night, both Yaks bend and Blackgate had significantly more players out in late PST/early OCX, but i still got my pips fine. Maguuma consistently had outnumbered on 2 maps, with a third flashing off and on thanks to afk hoppers. My pip gain was quite varied from 4 to 11 pips throughout my playsession, and i really didnt care when i got the 4 pips because the game was atleast active every where.

So don’t be lazy and just play the game mode, eventually your pips will count themselves, an active WvW should easily be starting on their diamond chests by the end of the weekend.