Pip for WvW is unfair

Pip for WvW is unfair

in WvW

Posted by: DevilishLyx.2340

DevilishLyx.2340

I have spent the last 3 years playing a water support ele!

This means very little loot for me, and only a few enemy players get tagged.

As such I get less WXP and so have a lower rank than I really should!

And now I am again being penalised for being a support character!

Yet again Anet is neglecting us support characters!

Pip for WvW is unfair

in WvW

Posted by: shagwell.1349

shagwell.1349

Yeah, Ele was always bad for wvw. They all love your water fields and ability to down siege on walls but besides that you are useless.

[orz] below mediocre – we sponsor Arenanet
Piken Square EU, maybe soon on your server.

Pip for WvW is unfair

in WvW

Posted by: GROMIT.7829

GROMIT.7829

You’re joking right, did you not use Ice Spike at least in water or occasionally switch to fire for a quick and easy meteor shower on the downed enemies. This is a learn to play issue i’m afraid and i hope you learn to fully utilise your skill bar. Even in full minstrels you can fill your bags several times a night……….

!!!! YOU’RE NOT MY SUPERVISOR !!!!

Pip for WvW is unfair

in WvW

Posted by: Threather.9354

Threather.9354

Why would you play Water support ele, your waters have bigger cd than swapping out of water to fire, casting some skills and then swapping back to water. Also the Water staff 1 heals nothing. You just weren’t contributing to fights and were slacking.

Ele doing damage to enemies reduces damage to allies more than one camping water anyways, because dead/running enemies dont hit

Diamond Rank Copyrights [CR]
EU Roamer, Dueler, Commander, Fighter, Scout

Pip for WvW is unfair

in WvW

DevilishLyx.2340

You dont play my build

Pip for WvW is unfair

in WvW

Posted by: GROMIT.7829

GROMIT.7829

You dont play my build

I have an Aurashare melee ele on full minstrels, i’m pretty sure my healing is making yours look weak and limp. I have ZERO power stats and still fill my bags nightly if i put the effort in.

What ever it is you’re doing, please stop it because you’re making the rest of the ele’s look bad.

!!!! YOU’RE NOT MY SUPERVISOR !!!!

Pip for WvW is unfair

in WvW

Posted by: Jax.1283

Jax.1283

Three years not 2000 rank???

Rai
OCX Commander

Pip for WvW is unfair

in WvW

Posted by: Djamonja.6453

Djamonja.6453

Ask for squad participation?

Pip for WvW is unfair

in WvW

DevilishLyx.2340

Yeah and my kitten’s bigger than your kitten!

This isnt about my specific build, but all support characters.
It’s obvious support characters will get less tags than others. And as such less WXP and will have a lower rank compared to others, even though they have put in the same or more effort into the game.

So pip awards shouldnt be based on WvW rank.

Pip for WvW is unfair

in WvW

Posted by: Jumpin Lumpix.6108

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

they need to remove the rank requirement from this armor

aka. “The Complainer”

Pip for WvW is unfair

in WvW

Posted by: neven.3785

neven.3785

as a mainly support ele im sayin you are playing wrong, or either trolling.
as a non blob player, i sit at over rank 2k w/ being employed and hating EOTM.
An ele who stays in water is a useless ele, even if you are full Healing power specced. How do you aura share? How do you properly CC foes or protect your backline if you just hug water skills? Sure we don’t get as many bags as some other classes, but who cares, you play ele support because you are already used to being the type of player who would rather benefit the group vs have increased rewards. As for the pips, ive been playin since patch hit today since i was off work, and guess what, with the exception of really high rank people, im at the same tier rewards as others who have.

Pip for WvW is unfair

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

I have spent the last 3 years playing a water support ele!

This means very little loot for me, and only a few enemy players get tagged.

As such I get less WXP and so have a lower rank than I really should!

And now I am again being penalised for being a support character!

Yet again Anet is neglecting us support characters!

Hi there, a JQ scout / builder / roamer here. Please do tell me about how poor the system is? I can spent the entire night and barely get any rewards, reward track or wxp.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Pip for WvW is unfair

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

how is that possible!? 3 years ago frostbow was the thing!

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

Pip for WvW is unfair

in WvW

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

Could be wrongbut think they updated the mechanics a while ago so that as long as you deal minimum damage to players whilst providing your heals/boons to allies you get credit.

I play FL healbot/resist spam rev and I have to go balls deep to get any credit or whack the same body at least twice or 3 times for it to register it even being worthy of lootbag. just make sure you hit ALL the things in front of you!

Pip for WvW is unfair

in WvW

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

I didn’t think “water support ele” was a thing.

Pip for WvW is unfair

in WvW

Posted by: Sviel.7493

Sviel.7493

If I’m tracking several mid-to-large size groups, I may end up having my participation decay from lack of actually killing anything. Even if I hit a group with a supply trap and pressure their build sites so that they retreat, it doesn’t count towards participation. As a result, my rank is much lower than a zergling with comparable time.

But, really, who cares? I’m not going to make a fuss over a few pips. Also, I can still play when I’m outnumbered whereas a zergling isn’t getting much exp then…so the pips sort of even out.

Pip for WvW is unfair

in WvW

Posted by: Pumped.2371

Pumped.2371

I’ve run full zerk ele for a couple of years, sick dps and the support is still there. Amazing bombs and you still have water fields for the melee sustain train. Rank 4k and full bags every night. You’ve chosen to play only utilizing a small percentage of what your class is capable of, that’s why you are where you are.

Pip for WvW is unfair

in WvW

Posted by: boo.3582

boo.3582

I play an frontline aura ele and get just as many bags as if i was on my guard… It’s also super fun to play!

Pip for WvW is unfair

in WvW

Posted by: Timelord.8190

Timelord.8190

Yeah, Ele was always bad for wvw. They all love your water fields and ability to down siege on walls but besides that you are useless.

Talk for yourself. Ele is magnificent for WvW!

Far ShiverPeaks (EU)

Pip for WvW is unfair

in WvW

Posted by: Miyafuji.1340

Miyafuji.1340

I play Guard/DH and Ele. I still have rather low experience with the ele, but it gets the bags home. My DH still gets more bags tho. The main reason is how slow and sluggish ELE is. I need to tag enemy as DH? I plop a symbol in them, boom instant damage. I just with my sword, same, I teleport using judges intervention and spin again, instant damage. It does not have to be high damage, but there is one.

Now the ele… assuming its zerg staff support ele (to give water fields) is super slow. Even the autoattack takes basically 3 seconds for the projectile to leave, enemy dodges, hides behind terrain, anything, runs out of range, anything and you get 0, meteor shower is hittable only when enemy blob is busy and pays you no attention. Even the lava fort takes time to actually do damage. So with that, ELE can be really frustrating to actually do damage with. Its doable, but definitely you need to be a special kind of “character” to play that class, to put up with how slow all its attacks feel.

I am princess Tomiko Miyafuji, daughter of Lady Zenith the unforgiving…. beware…
My old backstory: http://www.archeageroleplay.com/forum_threads/1873740

Pip for WvW is unfair

in WvW

Posted by: Chasind.3128

Chasind.3128

You can support while being dps. You bomb MS/call out heals when available.
Staff auto needs to be sped up though.