Please Keep timezones separated

in WvW

Posted by: Natureswarden.5102

Natureswarden.5102

The only thing stopping FR servers from nightcapping like they have done before is their unwillingness to recruit players from other timezones. Really your choice if you want to pigeonhole yourself in such a manner.

Its noone elses fault that you are incable of playing a tri faction game based on an inability to cooperate but your own.

Its also a bit rich to come here flying a banner a few weeks ago of we are the best most dedicated WvW players to watch you so easily defeated and morally destroyed. These were the same insults being tossed to Desolation players who actually stuck it out while being hammered from both sides but came back stronger as a result.

in WvW

Posted by: Genev.2450

Genev.2450

@ Weris:
As far as im aware, the match against us was RUIN’s first EU match.

We were 10k behind in score, and then they rallied their server, and did a great job getting pretty far ahead again.

Blacktide at the moment is a monster, with the Russian coalitions (Xaoc and Disorder League) and some extremely strong EU primetime guilds.
I look forward to meeting any server, and i expect we’ll get told we’re only winning because of nightcapping and/or because we “stole” FSP’s Russians/bandwagoning.
Also, accusations of having Americans, of course.

If Desolation hadn’t gotten RUIN, Blacktide would be server people complained about, and those people saying nightcapping is fine if it’s done by EU people would be conspiciously absent. (Or, claiming we have Americans.)

in WvW

Posted by: jaxom.7469

jaxom.7469

@ Weris:
As far as im aware, the match against us was RUIN’s first EU match.

We were 10k behind in score, and then they rallied their server, and did a great job getting pretty far ahead again.

Blacktide at the moment is a monster, with the Russian coalitions (Xaoc and Disorder League) and some extremely strong EU primetime guilds.
I look forward to meeting any server, and i expect we’ll get told we’re only winning because of nightcapping and/or because we “stole” FSP’s Russians/bandwagoning.
Also, accusations of having Americans, of course.

If Desolation hadn’t gotten RUIN, Blacktide would be server people complained about, and those people saying nightcapping is fine if it’s done by EU people would be conspiciously absent. (Or, claiming we have Americans.)

Are you aware that these russians were on FS before ? that FS won once fighting VS and no one complained ?

if these FS russians were on the same GMT , it’s possible that they would have stayed in first place, we know they are good.

if you don’t recruit an american force just to crush doors and are just strong, that’s fine for us. It’s not a problem of having a competition and people stronger in front of us, it’s a problem of having the best one winning at the end, or the most dedicated one, not the one who can recruit 10000km away and on another ladder just to win without effort.

Too bad, i think that this new deso without ruins ( and without some exploits) would have been interesting to fight on.

(edited by jaxom.7469)

in WvW

Posted by: Aburamushi.8053

Aburamushi.8053

Too bad, i think that this new deso without ruins ( and without some exploits) would have been interesting to fight on.

Actually, without RUIN and those US guilds, Desolation would have lost.

in WvW

Posted by: Tygra.4570

Tygra.4570

@Magnus : most of them were enjoying the free win server. Then they transfered to AS when they won, and came back here this week.
As a member of the Grand Cross alliance, i can tell you some of our people already proposed solutions to the problem two months ago on this very forum.
We didn’t like it more than you, but we are a small part of Vizunah and even smaller part of those who come here bragging.

The French Flair [FF]

in WvW

Posted by: Hedon.7580

Hedon.7580

I’d like to get an official answer to this problem from Anet (and not the old post about nightcap cause it’s a different thing we are talking about here).
Will you merge the ladders?
Will you block the transfers?
Tell us something please just that we know you are aware of the problem.

Speaking for me i won’t play such a broken game for long as things go on.

in WvW

Genev.2450

Blacktide as a whole is different from FSP, no offense to FSP and their players, since we did really have an enjoyable matchup. Blacktide is not Far Shiverpeaks, despite welcoming some of their guilds

Basically, Xaoc start playing in the morning. Their morning.
Thats, what…? 4-5 am CET?
Disorder League, as far as i’ve seen, plays more during their primetime.

Also, I’ve just been informed that they won during the 1day matchups.
While that’s very admirable, i feel they’re not exactly comparable to the current type of matchups.
For one, those were early days and there was much less to complain about because everybody was “omgGW2/swoon”. On top of that, the shorter matchups didn’t show the timezone/nightcapping/etc. problems everybody is talking about now.

Gunnar’s Hold (my previous server) ended up on the 6th place due to those 1day matchups. That was not where we belonged for longer matchups, though if the 1day matchups had kept going, we might’ve ended up close to the top.
Just a different type of game.

in WvW

Posted by: Exewre.2837

Exewre.2837

Seems lag is also an issue.
Just check my connection on my “EU” server and its coming from…..Austin, Texas. So its EU just in name
Europeans are the ones lagging on “EU” server when NA guys are coming in Europe..So fair xD

(edited by Exewre.2837)

in WvW

Posted by: Soumettateur.3582

Soumettateur.3582

I confirm that it is currently a big issue on European servers. Indeed now the victory on European servers relies more on the hability of american guilds to hit doors by night (EU time) than on fights between European guilds.

The EU ladder is becoming completely meaningless.

in WvW

Posted by: KnightFire.2597

KnightFire.2597

I’d like to get an official answer to this problem from Anet (and not the old post about nightcap cause it’s a different thing we are talking about here).
Will you merge the ladders?
Will you block the transfers?
Tell us something please just that we know you are aware of the problem.

Speaking for me i won’t play such a broken game for long as things go on.

Will they merge the ladders? Maybe
Will they block the transfers? Doubtful

You assume they feel there is a problem and that the game is broken which it’s not. The only problem most people can see is the fact that people are complaining because they’re losing and can’t adapt. That’s not something ANET needs to fix.

And even if they did merge the servers why do you think people would migrate to most of your servers. The truth in this who issue is that you’re angry because a US guild joined forces with English guilds on an EU server and is now beating you. You can lie to yourself and to others and say that’s not true but most people including ANET know that it is.

Dark Knightfire – Thief | Kal Knightfire – Warrior | Spoiler Knightfire – Ranger

in WvW

jaxom.7469

Sorry, the US guild is not beating us, but beating our doors

we like our doors.

in WvW

jaxom.7469

For once we agree, you’re just a small part of deso server. and an infinetesimal part of EU ladder.

So , why is it normal that this small part changes so much the ranking points and mess up all the EU ladder ? IRON is not painting blue the 4 maps, but you are. ( and will be even more now that holidays are finished)

(edited by jaxom.7469)

in WvW

Posted by: Neutro.3079

Neutro.3079

I agree with the first post.

All the NA guilds that moved to Desolation EU server are cowards that claimed to come for challenge, but in fact they just wanted to get easy win by exploiting night capping.

Until Arenanet doesn’t do something about this, Desolation will always be #1 EU server and all EU leaderboard will have no real meaning.

in WvW

Posted by: mapokl.3167

mapokl.3167

I disagree. Why NA→EU and EU→NA transfers are bad? It’s the only way for 24/7 play.

Separating the transfers now will only increase advantage for these servers that already have it’s night guard. And nightcapping is no problem if all servers have similar numbers of nightcappers.

I’m prefer making global servers, rather then separating time zones. It would not solve anything.

The best thing is implementing something that would encourage people to transfer to lower tier/losing servers.

in WvW

Posted by: gebrechen.5643

gebrechen.5643

we like our doors.

The only difference to the beginning of GW is that in the first 10 1 day matchups and the first 3 matches over 1 week it was you beating the doors of FS and Deso and winning the matches after monday with 600+ points every night because of FS and Deso sleeping.

So it’s ok when french people win because of door beating, but it’s not ok, if Americans do that?

That’s really pathetic.

Some people die on epidemic, other have skill.
- great warlord Waha of Sea 2981bc

in WvW

Posted by: Gwal.2813

Gwal.2813

Americans coming to EU to do that on purpose with this only objective : that is.

we don’t have imaginary canadian forces at night, we have only our players from FR staying up late.
Difference is :
- you want to counter FR nightcap ? (more or less 40 people btw..) well, stay up late, Elona (DE) has successfully proven that by beating both FR servers…
- you want to counter Deso/Ruin nightcap ? Well, sorry but there is nothing you can do on a localized server

besides, US players don’t have to come to EU ladder : it’s supposed to be for Euro players !

please, read, it’s an official statement from ANet that may clarify things :

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/a-world-of-choice-the-regions-of-guild-wars-2/

• Europe: Defined as Western Europe and Eastern Europe. Players in these regions connect to the European datacenter.
  • North America: Defined as Canada, Mexico, and the United States. Players in these regions connect to the North American datacenter.
  • Other: All countries not already listed above will connect to the North American datacenter.

See ? the NA ladder is meant to be worldwide, the EU one is supposed to be for EU locals

Vizunah Square [FR]

(edited by Gwal.2813)

in WvW

jaxom.7469

we like our doors.

The only difference to the beginning of GW is that in the first 10 1 day matchups and the first 3 matches over 1 week it was you beating the doors of FS and Deso and winning the matches after monday with 600+ points every night because of FS and Deso sleeping.

So it’s ok when french people win because of door beating, but it’s not ok, if Americans do that?

That’s really pathetic.

you really don’t see the difference between a couple of french people who continues to play at 4am in the morning, and american people transferring to EU ladder , connecting easily after work with 100+ people to bash doors for an easy win when they can play on their ladder ?

French are EU on EU timezone, NA ( and french canada for people who still think there is canadians on VS) have their ladder with their timezone ….

Come on

The new desolation is strong, could have won without them and i don’t know, even for your pride it would have been a lot better.

winning at night with your own people is not hard you know, you just need to find ONE late sleeper commander who motivates and organise PU for them not to disconnect and do something else.

Yeah i gave you the big secret of VS.

For now yeah you won, you won so much nobody wants to play with you anymore.

(edited by jaxom.7469)

in WvW

Posted by: Nehalennia.5082

Nehalennia.5082

Arena.net said:

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/a-world-of-choice-the-regions-of-guild-wars-2/

And now retract?

Nice advertising stuff

in WvW

jaxom.7469

they didn’t retract yet, we still wait for some official annoucement, hoping it will not come too late….

in WvW

Posted by: Arcadio.6875

Arcadio.6875

besides, US players don’t have to come to EU ladder : it’s supposed to be for Euro players !

please, read, it’s an official statement from ANet that may clarify things :

• Europe: Defined as Western Europe and Eastern Europe. Players in these regions connect to the European datacenter.
  • North America: Defined as Canada, Mexico, and the United States. Players in these regions connect to the North American datacenter.
  • Other: All countries not already listed above will connect to the North American datacenter.

See ? the NA ladder is meant to be worldwide, the EU one is supposed to be for EU locals

If you’re going to keep posting this article, at least quote the rest of the article that is relevant to the discussion.

Here’s what you didn’t quote:

When you purchase the game from our Pre-Purchase website, you’ll automatically receive the correct regional version of the game based on where you live.
When you purchase the game from a retailer or authorized partner, you’ll receive a serial code that you must enter at our registration page to create your account. When you create your account, our servers will perform a one-time check to make sure the serial code matches the region where you’re connecting from. We do this to support our local retail partners, and we use this information to connect you to your optimal data center, customer support team, and to ensure the correct language support. Customers in North America must register the North American version of the game, customers in Europe must register the European version of the game, and customers in other areas may register either version.
After you successfully register your Guild Wars 2 account, it becomes a global account. You can roam to any part of the world and still access the game.

Choose your World

The very first time you start the game, you’ll be asked to select your home world.
By default, we display the worlds that are hosted in your regional data center, but you will be able to select a home world from either region at this time. So, for example, if you are a European player who prefers to play on the North American worlds, you’re free to do so.

Lord Arcadio
League Of Ascending Immortals [OATH]

in WvW

Posted by: NightShade.5283

NightShade.5283

Arena.net said:

And now retract?

Nice advertising stuff

its funny when those french-CANADIAN guild nightcapped deso and FS they didnt bring this matters, but after all this feels so good, since we do what they did to us , we just adapt, remember u guys said that now ?

Lyan D Deathbringer. male shylvari thief
IRON – Desolation

in WvW

NightShade.5283

we like our doors.

That’s really pathetic.

you really don’t see the difference between a couple of french people who continues to play at 4am in the morning, and american people transferring to EU ladder , connecting easily after work with 100+ people to bash doors for an easy win when they can play on their ladder ?

French are EU on EU timezone, NA ( and french canada for people who still think there is canadians on VS) have their ladder with their timezone ….

Come on

The new desolation is strong, could have won without them and i don’t know, even for your pride it would have been a lot better.

winning at night with your own people is not hard you know, you just need to find ONE late sleeper commander who motivates and organise PU for them not to disconnect and do something else.

Yeah i gave you the big secret of VS.

*For now yeah you won, you won so much nobody wants to play with you anymore *.

its k ,we still waiting for Blacktide and other server to play with us, Deso vs Blacktide cant wait for this match up,

IRON – Desolation

in WvW

jaxom.7469

yeah it’s true, it’s quite funny you still think we have canadian guilds

in WvW

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

100% agree op. Might also put a stop to zerg-lobby servers (inviting low grade server for their own good).

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

in WvW

Gwal.2813

Choose your World
So, for example, if you are a European player who prefers to play on the North American worlds, you’re free to do so.

I have read it, but do you ?
At no point they said NA players are supposed to play in EU.
Look at the example they took : You can go play on NA if you are EU = logic, because they said before that NA ladder is NA people + others.
but they never advised to go the other way around…

its funny when those french-CANADIAN guild nightcapped deso and FS they didnt bring this matters, but after all this feels so good, since we do what they did to us , we just adapt, remember u guys said that now ?

God, how many time are we gonna have to repeat this :
There are no big Canadian guilds playing on FR servers. They all play on US servers.
We’ve invited many QC guilds to come on VS, and our friends from AS have asked them too. But they were not interested and prefer to play on US ladder.

Vizunah Square [FR]

in WvW

Gwal.2813

There are no russians mentioned by anet. Do they have to play EU or NA? Remember their time zones and how much of russia is not in the EU. What about people south of Europe, they are not in EU but have the same time zone, so they have to play in NA?

That whole anet statement is invalid as an argument.

But if you prefer that EU T1 wins who can bring more people for door keeping instead of who plays best it’s not my problem.

And remember, you lost against FS with your glorious VS squad and you could only beat them because of VS vs doors. – now that doesn’t work because of Ruin. Maybe you should try to get some canadians now, not only fake canadians.

Russian have been playing on EU since the begenning, that seems logical to me.
EU could also apply to the whole Eurasia continent
In various MMO games, Ru have always been playing on EU region servers.

I’ve always had great respect for them, they are really organized and con form deadly bus
About nightcap : sure, FR players can nightcap, (because RU goes to bed earlier) but for the same reason, RU have a pretty dangerous morning cap too.
I think in the end it balances well…
And to be honest, I don’t see FR servers able to beat Blacktide if they confront but I think it would be a fair and balanced fight.

Vizunah Square [FR]

in WvW

Posted by: Syndic.4762

Syndic.4762

WvW is a 24/7 game. Adapt or drop down in tiers, simple as that. There’s no shame in being in T5-T6 with the rest of the “prime-time only” servers.

[CIR]
Blacktide

in WvW

Posted by: fixit.7189

fixit.7189

Make real Oceanic server sets and see what happens.

/popcorn

in WvW

Gwal.2813

WvW is a 24/7 game. Adapt or drop down in tiers, simple as that. There’s no shame in being in T5-T6 with the rest of the “prime-time only” servers.

I’m getting tired of repeating this. Why are all people so selfish ?
I don’t deny wvw is 24/7

But there is already a real worldwide ladder. Why come to a ladder where more than 50% of servers don’t want you ?

What’s the point if you can’t defend yourself : that’s the case for all localized server : 50% of EU ladder. Those servers can’t adapt no matter what
There is no German speaking community playing GW2 oversea
There is a Spanish speaking community playing GW2 oversea, but they are playing on US server, and won’t migrate to the EU Spanish one.
There is a French speaking community in Quebec, but they all prefer to play on US ladder.

EU ladder was fine until NA invaded last in the last weeks. It wasn’t meant for being worldwide, It was designed for EU players, even ANet said so !!

It would be so simple to solve this and keep everyone happy : you want 24/7 action, wordwide coverage, etc ? then go to NA worlwide ladder. But please, respect the ones that don’t want it.

Why try to kitten up the localized servers that were fighting eachother on EU ladder ?

NA guilds should get back to US ladder : EU ladder wasn’t designed for them.

Vizunah Square [FR]

(edited by Gwal.2813)

in WvW

NightShade.5283

’The very first time you start the game, you’ll be asked to select your home world.
By default, we display the worlds that are hosted in your regional data center, but you will be able to select a home world from either region at this time. So, for example, if you are a European player who prefers to play on the North American worlds, you’re free to do so.

whos selfish now ? if NA people wanna play in EU then let it be lol

IRON – Desolation

in WvW

Gwal.2813

I have nothing against NA players, they can come to play in EU with a friends, no problem, they are welcome !

But when various guilds perform migration on a large scale, just in order to gain advantage on EU people when they sleep, I call that a selfish act -> they ruin the ladder for many EU players, and that’s what we are talking about in this very thread and the reason it was created.

Vizunah Square [FR]

(edited by Gwal.2813)

in WvW

Posted by: Cybertx.6714

Cybertx.6714

I’m getting tired of repeating this. Why are all people so selfish ?
I don’t deny wvw is 24/7

But there is already a real worldwide ladder. Why come to a ladder where more than 50% of servers don’t want you ?

What’s the point if you can’t defend yourself : that’s the case for all localized server : 50% of EU ladder. Those servers can’t adapt no matter what
There is no German speaking community playing GW2 oversea
There is no Spanish speaking community playing GW2 oversea
There is a French speaking community in Quebec, but they all prefer to play on US ladder.

EU ladder was fine until NA invaded last in the last weeks. It wasn’t meant for being worldwide, It was designed for EU players, even ANet said so !!

It would be so simple to solve this and keep everyone happy : you want 24/7 action, wordwide coverage, etc ? then go to NA worlwide ladder. But please, respect the ones that don’t want it.

Why try to kitten up the localized servers that were fighting each other on EU ladder ?

NA guilds should get back to US ladder : EU ladder wasn’t designed for them.

there’s a lot of Spanish guilds playing guild wars, sorrows furnace most populated guilds are Spanish speaking they even have and alliance and u can find at least one Spanish speaking guild in almost every NA server.

Plus there’s a lot of Spanish speaking players playing in English speaking guilds, I’m one of those.

in WvW

Gwal.2813

oh ok, I didn’t know that (I’ll edit my post).
I also speak spanish but never went to their forums. I’ve just assumed :P
but I guess it’s like QC players for FR : they won’t migrate to the [ES] server :/

Vizunah Square [FR]

(edited by Gwal.2813)

in WvW

Genev.2450

IF your guess is correct, then it’s probably because the servers are labeled EU isnead of global.

in WvW

Posted by: Wothan.4673

Wothan.4673

Ah.. you must speak about he famous VS french canadian ( with hebrew speak ) nightcapping force of VS, the “CaSu” guild… ( http://www.gw2guilds.org/view-guild/2261 ).
The only french canadian guild playing on EU was on AS serv ( Armata ) and not in VS. But they back to us serv after two week. ( pvdoor it’s not interesting… )
VS have maybe 1 or 2 canadian in some guild yes, but it’s all.

Nahtow – [SR] Soul Reapers
Jade Quarry

in WvW

Natureswarden.5102

Gwal VS nightcapped and wvw is 24/7…clearly you aren’t the best or most dedicated something I read time and again last week that really irked me because the daytime mos scoresheets prove for a fact desolation beats you during the day now also.

Want to talk about exploits or shady playing also what about the guild rolling on both VS and AS…same name…oh nobody really has an answer for that one though do they.

in WvW

Gwal.2813

Gwal VS nightcapped and wvw is 24/7…clearly you aren’t the best or most dedicated something I read time and again last week that really irked me because the daytime mos scoresheets prove for a fact desolation beats you during the day now also.

Want to talk about exploits or shady playing also what about the guild rolling on both VS and AS…same name…oh nobody really has an answer for that one though do they.

VS nightcap with their own forces : they hold on last week, getting sleep depraved, and manage to won the matchup but against all odds, when facing a server that has oversea manpower at night ! So yeah, I call that dedication.
But at what cost : all players are now “back to normal rythm” : just look at the income graphs of this week : http://mos.millenium.org/servers/view/16

This week end, there was a big IRL event in Paris (at Paris games week, hosting ESWC) and many players from the main Vizunah wvw alliance got there, hence the low scoring from VS this week end.

Vizunah Square [FR]

in WvW

Natureswarden.5102

yeah look at those figures carefully your aguments been you lose during night time only. clearly thats not the case at all

in WvW

Gwal.2813

Ah.. you must speak about he famous VS french canadian ( with hebrew speak ) nightcapping force of VS, the “CaSu” guild… ( http://www.gw2guilds.org/view-guild/2261 ).
The only french canadian guild playing on EU was on AS serv ( Armata ) and not in VS. But they back to us serv after two week. ( pvdoor it’s not interesting… )
VS have maybe 1 or 2 canadian in some guild yes, but it’s all.

nope im looking at this http://guildeflq.guildlaunch.com/forums/viewtopic.php%3Ft%3D8828766%26gid%3D204894&usg=ALkJrhgBK-yeow88CXBHPKPTKibxSlpUBg there being said that, vs have several quebec guild already. CMIIW since im using google translate

Yep, that what we told you : we’ve tried to recruit QC forces to balance, what you see is a message from Grand Cross Alliance (VS) trying to recruit QC guilds.
And they replied they play on US servers and don’t plan to move.
(like any other QC guild that has been asked)
Like we said several times : QC guilds prefer to play on US servers.

Vizunah Square [FR]

in WvW

Genev.2450

I think the point was more this:
“plusieurs guildes Québecoises sont déjà présentes sur VS”
Translated:
Several Quebec guilds are already on VS

Read the post without translator since i have my own considerable skills to rely on /flex

(edited by Genev.2450)

in WvW

Gwal.2813

yeah look at those figures carefully your aguments been you lose during night time only. clearly thats not the case at all

Oh I have, but did you read all what I wrote ?
There was a big IRL event for many of the main wvw guilds of VS this week end.
Also, many VS players are now dishearten, Last week was a “last stand fight”, a battle for honor.
But what’s the point to fight when you don’t stand a chance to win even if you are better organized and more dedicated ?
And what does it have to do with the NA invasion of EU ladder (which is the topic) ?
clearly, those graphs also show how Deso is winning : only cause of their NA forces

Vizunah Square [FR]

(edited by Gwal.2813)

in WvW

Gwal.2813

Translated:

Well, I don’t know why he said that Oo.
But there isn’t any QC guild on VS as far as I know.
If you can find them, introduce me please, because we are looking to recruit them in our alliance !

Vizunah Square [FR]

in WvW

Natureswarden.5102

there are numbers allowed into a battleground yeah…so now its the fact you can’t get the required numbers to play during the daytime? and thats our fault how? There are 4 FR servers so plenty of pickings its your choice on how you use what you have to work with.

Your falling back on the last little bit of nothing you have left to argue about and if you want to cite people roaming off topic might want to remind yourself and all the others doing the same and tanking threads throughout the week.

Last week due to FR players mainly 3-4 threads were taken down.

I figure you guys just feel if you troll Anet hard enough you might get your way but again you have 4 FR speaking servers and the same tools as anyone else so gl with that.

in WvW

Genev.2450

Well, you know who to ask! It’s not my reponsibility to tell you who is and is not on your server :p

in WvW

Natureswarden.5102

Translated:

Well, I don’t know why he said that Oo.
But there isn’t any QC guild on VS as far as I know.
If you can find them, introduce me please, because we are looking to recruit them in our alliance !

XD now its a recruitment thread and its okay to recruit NA players as long as they are on our server lmao . Oh and not american… xd .give me a break.

The topic of the thread has to do with the night cap and everything I had to say coincides with that. you just have no real valid counter to it. If VS are all out in rl doing something then all will be well in a week for you guys? So again whats your issue.

in WvW

Posted by: GreenGrin.7943

GreenGrin.7943

So, for example, if you are a European player who prefers to play on the North American worlds, you’re free to do so.

Absolutely no problem about that, but if they choose EU server and play during US times, their night-day-capping should not be rewarded with same score ticking.

Noob Guardian
Arborstone[FR], GMT+7

in WvW

Posted by: Arcadio.6875

Arcadio.6875

Choose your World

I have read it, but do you ?
At no point they said NA players are supposed to play in EU.
Look at the example they took : You can go play on NA if you are EU = logic, because they said before that NA ladder is NA people + others.
but they never advised to go the other way around…

I’m guessing English isn’t your first language and I can see how a non-native speaker would have interpreted the article in the way you did.

The first thing to understand is that the article isn’t about WvW. Not only that WvW isn’t the feature they were really promoting when getting people to play GW2. They intended WvW to be more casual while sPVP was the hardcore sport. sPVP was supposed to be balanced, WvW wasn’t.

Going on to the article, the reason why they had us register as NA or EU has to do with customer support. “We do this to support our local retail partners, and we use this information to connect you to your optimal data center, customer support team, and to ensure the correct language support. Customers in North America must register the North American version of the game, customers in Europe must register the European version of the game, and customers in other areas may register either version.”

But regardless of whether you registered as NA or EU, your account is global. “After you successfully register your Guild Wars 2 account, it becomes a global account. You can roam to any part of the world and still access the game.”

An interesting thing to note is that people not in NA or EU are told that they will be in the NA datacenter, but then later on it says those people can choose to register as NA or EU anyway.

Whether the default list for your home world choice is NA or EU is just a suggestion that you are not forced into. Yes, their example is specifically that EU players can play on NA servers, but NA players on EU servers is also allowed as is Oceanics and Asians on EU servers. EU servers are not EU players only.

Lord Arcadio
League Of Ascending Immortals [OATH]

in WvW

Natureswarden.5102

Absolutely no problem about that, but if they choose EU server and play during US times, their night-day-capping should not be rewarded with same score ticking.

Well one sad thing there 2 v 1 has been used wether its for 2 days or a week and its a trifaction game. So in order for that to happen the third faction would have to be eliminated to ensure a 2 v 1 didnt happen otherwise there would be much more flaming on these forums.

Also if you look at mos graphed scores the french servers are not winning through the daytime. That includes both VS and AS.

So some servers are essentially asking a dev to restructure a game when they night capped to the top and have 4 native language servers. They also claim their night force was comprised entirely of EU players. So its obvious by their own admissions they had an EU night cap..they just magically dissapeared? Or the other option is to believe they were inded french canadian which makes a whole lot more sense and others are saying here also….hmmm

(edited by Natureswarden.5102)

in WvW

Gwal.2813

you just have no real valid counter to it.

That’s exact, and that’s why it isn’t fair.

nightcap represent 2 things :
- dedication : less sleep, more playtime
- oversea recruitment
Unfortunatly, dedication can’t overcome oversea recruitment
No matter how dedicated players are (like in VS) they can’t counter oversea players themselves.

I’m going to be honest :
When VS saw Deso coming with NA guilds, VS first move was to try to recruit some QC guilds. But none of them is interested.
We’ve tried the “get better coverage” but It just can’t be for a localized server.
Hence the conclusion : It’s impossible for a localized server to fight against Deso like equals. No matter what, Deso will always repaint the map at nights and there is nothing we can do about it..
VS has some people playing at nights, night shift workers, students, unemployed, etc .. but they can’t stand against a whole guild.

and the same thing goes for all localized servers…
Like I said in several posts : NA ladder was meant to be the worldwide one. not the EU one, which was design for EU locals.

I don’t get why people who wants 24/7 coverage just don’t go to the NA worldwide ladder. That would leave the EU ladder for people who want to play at EU local times, giving every server a fair chance.

Everybody could be happy, getting the kind of battle they want. But some selfish players, looking for easy victory with no opposition are just ruining that.

Vizunah Square [FR]

in WvW

Natureswarden.5102

you just have no real valid counter to it.

That’s exact, and that’s why it isn’t fair.

nightcap represent 2 things :
- dedication : less sleep, more playtime
- oversea recruitment
Unfortunatly, dedication can’t overcome oversea recruitment
No matter how dedicated players are (like in VS) they can’t counter oversea players themselves.

I’m going to be honest :
When VS saw Deso coming with NA guilds, VS first move was to try to recruit some QC guilds. But none of them is interested.
We’ve tried the “get better coverage” but It just can’t be for a localized server.
Hence the conclusion : It’s impossible for a localized server to fight against Deso like equals. No matter what, Deso will always repaint the map at nights and there is nothing we can do about it..
VS has some people playing at nights, night shift workers, students, unemployed, etc .. but they can’t stand against a whole guild.

and the same thing goes for all localized servers…
Like I said in several posts : NA ladder was meant to be the worldwide one. not the EU one, which was design for EU locals.

I don’t get why people who wants 24/7 coverage just don’t go to the NA worldwide ladder. That would leave the EU ladder for people who want to play at EU local times, giving every server a fair chance.

Everybody could be happy, getting the kind of battle they want. But some selfish players, looking for easy victory with no opposition are just ruining that.

Nice how you chopped up my post there

Read Anet’s post on night capping and you it explains their stance.

I find it very rich it was good enough for some servers when they were winning based on it now they can’t even win through the day or use the 2 v 1 to their advantage but need to come here imposing their will on everyone else.

Btw I along with some other |Ruin memebrs live in the EU. I also hold a full british passport not that it matters.

The game was structured the way it is by what I can see to create a dynamic ever changing battle. The ones who coordinate and put the most effort in overall will win.

Instead of coming here upset about it if I was in the FR shoes I would be using the free transferes to my advantage right now fishing for other die hard players to form the EU night cap you once had if that was indeed really EU based.

If you are unable to 2 v 1 clearly on the mos information you arent able to keep pace with desolation even through the daytime so really your argument holds no water. There are 4 native speaking FR servers…You have plenty of people to choose from and recruit from. Your just expecting it to drop in your lap when otehrs really have worked much harder than you choose to believe in order to make that happen and sustain it.

You guys just aren’t using the tools given to win at all so who is really expecting an easy win? I think your idea of everyone being happy is indeed you being happy. If your not go do something about it?

(edited by Natureswarden.5102)