Please let us talk about match ups.

in WvW

Posted by: Willkilliam.5012

Willkilliam.5012

I understand the whole reasoning behind not wanting match up threads in this forum because of “potential” sour replies, but we shouldn’t close threads if there isn’t negative feedback. Right now is a very crucial time in the state in WvW with match ups and servers, and the feedback from the Dev team has been very small. The tiers are out of wack again and the population is soon to dwindle with following points.
1. Manual Glicko adjustments and locking servers in T1 have destroyed servers in T1. FA was a server in T2 for quite bit of time and For the most part they were sufficient there with the competition being actually competitive and balanced. With the most recent Glicko Adjustment to FA put them to T1 when they would have in time made it. NO ONE WANTS TO BE IN T1.
2.Server transferring isn’t taken into account. Following up with Servers being in T1 like FA or TC they can be competitive for the first few weeks, BUT what happens these servers loose morale and the ability to compete when faced against JQ who has significantly more coverage than any other server. And with servers like Maguuma tanking and not even playing (It is true Maguuma is not even trying you can literally go flip their entire borderland and they dont care) So where does that leave FA? FA with its So happy glicko gets second place unable to move from the hell that they are stcuk in. So the result of this is Guild will leave the server. If you recall There was a mass exodus off TC the heads of many Guild on TC gathered to the money and split to other servers and leaving TC to die. This will happen to FA and it will happen within the next week if nothing is done with our glicko or the match ups we play in.
3.Conclusion the affect of all of this is a loss in population(unless WvW population has been steadily growing which everyone doubts it is) When a guild leaves a server it will lose some members due to that person not wanting to transfer and they will eventually stop playing. Also when a server dies like TC it loses its population so when the Guild leave, so do all of the militia because there isn’t a single thing they can do, so they leave.

This is a problem that has been reoccurring and we need feedback on how it can be fixed. Shutting down posts like these is why the problem exists because it will create an ignorance you won’t be able to see because of the fear of hypothetical negative feedback. But there negative feedback in every game you play but you have to filter and look for the replies that will share positive insight, instead of running away from the problem completely.
TL:DR we need to talk.

in WvW

Posted by: Immagichu.6973

Immagichu.6973

If we go through the valley the Immagitchu is gonna get us!

in WvW

Posted by: Serkit.7836

Serkit.7836

PPT is a choice.

in WvW

Posted by: Sviel.7493

Sviel.7493

I think this is an informative and constructive post that isn’t what I would consider a match-up thread. It references a specific match-up but talks about more general problems and isn’t bad-mouthing or bragging.

If this is the kind of thread you’re after, you have my support.

Thanks for the info and I hope FA doesn’t get ripped apart…I left around the time the TC implosion started and was wondering how it went so far.

in WvW

Posted by: Norbe.7630

Norbe.7630

guess whos next

Attachments:

Duterte Death Squad [DDS]
Gate of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: jacksmith.6028

jacksmith.6028

I think everyone (including Anet) knows all about the issues of glicko, server balance, transfers and coverage. They’ve been discussed ad infinitum in the past. Forum jockeys have suggested every combination of changes to address the issues but nothing from Anet (other than the one time they said “changes are coming to address scoring”)

What new ground is there to cover? Will continually discussing all of a sudden get them to change things? It hasn’t for the last 4 years.

Call me cynical

in WvW

Posted by: Rambitshouse.8712

Rambitshouse.8712

I think everyone (including Anet) knows all about the issues of glicko, server balance, transfers and coverage. They’ve been discussed ad infinitum in the past. Forum jockeys have suggested every combination of changes to address the issues but nothing from Anet (other than the one time they said “changes are coming to address scoring”)

What new ground is there to cover? Will continually discussing all of a sudden get them to change things? It hasn’t for the last 4 years.

Call me cynical

I call you realistic.

Dtox

in WvW

Posted by: ThunderPanda.1872

ThunderPanda.1872

Can we at least just fix the transfer price for linked servers already? For balthazar’s sake… Are there even any advantages with keeping it the current way?

Send me 1000g and I will stop trolling WvW forum.
I have a dream – Our Anet Senpai will make WvW Great Again!
WvW Forum is more competitive than WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Tiawal.2351

Tiawal.2351

There are still a few good players left, who love the fights in this game. It’s a huge struggle though, because fights are really, really scarce.

The big problem is that none of current GW2 game modes are focusing on fighting: PvP is about capture and hold, just as much as kill, or even more; and WvW is… I really don’t know anymore: “an epic PvP experience full of cunning strategy, earthshaking sieges, and pitched battles between hundreds of players” quoted from https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/competitive-play/

But current NA T1 reality is that over 90% of the time, it’s just PvDoor (as in player versus NPC “defended” structures) or somebody on siege (which adds zero fun anyway). The rest of 9% one side blobbing down the other. With no chance to fight back at all.

Just too much PvDoor and nothing else. Actually the new PvE maps are more challenging and more rewarding…

You really should do something, anything, with how you handle matchups. Or just let us, those who want to fight, have a way to GvG any guild willing to, regardless on which server they are on. Something like this:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/QoL-Request-Mega-Server-Obsidian-Sanctum

It’s time to place balancing numbers over server identity. Use the same system as in PvP, encourage switching side during matchup, to balance every timezone/skirmish. Reward individually, based on accumulated contribution.

A wandering ronin, employed by [ENMA]

in WvW

Posted by: XenesisII.1540

XenesisII.1540

Kinda funny how people think Mag been tanking for like 2 months now, maybe players transferred, or maybe a server that’s mostly dedicated to fighting doesn’t go out and actively ppt. You might want to try that to drop back to t2.

Also someone had to take the third spot in T1 it was either FA or SoS. FA seems to be the stronger choice.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“I knew it, I’m surrounded by…” – Dark Helmet