Please revert the reset time to 4:00 PM

in WvW

Posted by: Hitman.5829

Hitman.5829

Please revert the reset time to 4:00 PM pacific time; over the past years you have not adjusted the server reset time according to the daylight savings and each year it resets 1 hour late. Currently it resets at 7:00 pm pacific time and that time sucks!

in WvW

Posted by: Rambitshouse.8712

Rambitshouse.8712

At this rate you’ll never see a reset again lol

Dtox

in WvW

Posted by: CrimeMaker.8612

CrimeMaker.8612

Current reset time is pretty BS. I made a lot posts about reverting the reset time back to the original reset time which was 6pm PDT and 9pm EDT with the daylight savings it’d be 5pm PDT and 8pm EDT which was perfectly fine. With the release of HoT they moved WvW reset to saturday but kept the same time because they didn’t want any sudden updates to mess with WvW reset. Then many people complained about it so Anet revert the reset back to friday but changed the timing and made it an hour late. Which is current time 6pm PDT and 9pm EDT with daylight saving 7pm PDT and 10pm EDT.

Also one other reason Arena net gave me was “5pm PDT reset time is too early for me pacific players.” I guess they dont mind it being too late for East coast players…

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Would prefer states just drop Daylight Savings to begin with.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

Posted by: Lorus.4218

Lorus.4218

Any logic that goes by “a reset is too early” or “a reset is too late” is flawed in WvW, because in reality a reset lasts 24 hours. Yes there is that initial burst, but every time zone still carries its weight in that initial push and shapes the rest of the week. It was more so when there was actual balance between servers, but pushing the reset forward doesn’t actually change the way the week is played, just the sense of the event gets taken away from some NA.

On that note I personally would prefer an earlier reset than what it is now.

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Daylight saving shift time 1 hour every year now? I always thought it moved forward 1h then backward 1h again, making no difference. Man, Americans are weird. Get with the program and use human time already.

in WvW

Posted by: JordanPaul.1439

JordanPaul.1439

You’re gonna get as many for this, against it. I for one like the later time cause I’m PDT and it gives me time to have dinner and get the kids settled before reset happens. I know a lot on the west coast that like the later time due to getting home in time after work. Either way it’s not fair to a lot of people. Making it 4-5pm PDT really screws over a lot in PDT.

in WvW

CrimeMaker.8612

You’re gonna get as many for this, against it. I for one like the later time cause I’m PDT and it gives me time to have dinner and get the kids settled before reset happens. I know a lot on the west coast that like the later time due to getting home in time after work. Either way it’s not fair to a lot of people. Making it 4-5pm PDT really screws over a lot in PDT.

I don’t understand your logic… If they make reset an hour early it will allow most east coast players to play. Two hours later, east coast players are logging off and now the west coast players are logging in that means queues are going by faster… Reset is more than just the first hour.. You get home, put your kids to bed, finished dinner, etc… while we est players have to wait 3 more hours than you to play reset. 10pm est is way too late.. making reset hour early isn’t going to affect west coast players as much as it will affect east coast players and it’d be a good change.

in WvW

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

Daylight saving shift time 1 hour every year now? I always thought it moved forward 1h then backward 1h again, making no difference. Man, Americans are weird. Get with the program and use human time already.

It does shift an hour forward and backward. I don’t know what he’s been on about.

in WvW

Posted by: Kovu.7560

Kovu.7560

I’d be on board with 5/8.

~ Kovu

Charr Ranger, Necromancer, Thief
Fort Aspenwood. [CREW], [TLC], [ShW], [UNIV]

in WvW

CrimeMaker.8612

Kovu a lot would be but arena net isnt since they think players dont know whats right and they know it all.

in WvW

Posted by: neven.3785

neven.3785

As a PST player i love that daylight savings have shifted the time to 7pm reset, since i can rush home from work and get in map right at reset and afk in spawn while i finish making dinner. When reset is an hour early, i often get stuck in queue to join the guild. So i say let’s all.be inconvenienced and move the reset time to noon PST.

This way the reset rush would be occupied by a lot fewer groups and militia only. Probably would only see EBG queued by the time the est prime time hits. It would also end the ridiculous reset meetings many servers have that are a waste of time

in WvW

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

Would prefer states just drop Daylight Savings to begin with.

Hero. +1

Also for those wondering about the Daylight Savings, the servers run on UTC (Universal Time Central) which does not use Daylight Savings. Because the entire world isn’t as insane as to use that horrible stupid daylight system.

(Unfortunately my own nation isn’t smart enough to drop Daylight Savings either sigh)

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

For some weird reason west coast want to get on the same time as east coast players for exact reset time. They like having queues or something I guess. Also they always note now much of an inconvenience it is to them, but never consider it’s inconvenient to others.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

in WvW

Posted by: Arcaedus.7290

Arcaedus.7290

Also one other reason Arena net gave me was “5pm PDT reset time is too early for me pacific players.” I guess they dont mind it being too late for East coast players…

Speaking subjectively here, 5pm is not as early for west coast players as 10pm is late for east coast players. They really should revert to the previous times. Getting on and only being able to play an hour or two for reset is quite offputting.

in WvW

CrimeMaker.8612

“As a PST player i love that daylight savings have shifted the time to 7pm reset, since i can rush home from work and get in map right at reset and afk in spawn while i finish making dinner. "

Afk in spawn while finish making dinner… while other players more specifically est players are waiting to get in queue because we only have about a hour or two to play reset…. This is why we dont have nice things in this world..

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

“As a PST player i love that daylight savings have shifted the time to 7pm reset, since i can rush home from work and get in map right at reset and afk in spawn while i finish making dinner. "

Afk in spawn while finish making dinner… while other players more specifically est players are waiting to get in queue because we only have about a hour or two to play reset…. This is why we dont have nice things in this world..

Yeah for real, and he likes dbl but I bet he doesn’t bother to park in that bl to wait which doesn’t tend to have the same queues if at all as the other maps.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

in WvW

Posted by: DeanBB.4268

DeanBB.4268

If you would all just move to Arizona, you wouldn’t have to worry about such things. My resets never change.

in WvW

Posted by: Spurnshadow.3678

Spurnshadow.3678

Little history lesson here.

Reset time used to be 8/9 PM EST (depending on DST). It was that way for like the first 4 years of the game. Then some genius at Anet decided to move the reset time and day to Saturday 9/10 PM EST (It might have even been later, maybe 10/11). No one asked for this. No one wanted this. The rational was when they first implemented links, or added DBL, I can’t remember which, they said that they wanted to have time to fix bugs before the reset, but they’d bring it back to normal soon. Of course, this made no sense, as resets happened all the time (remember, reset never changed for four years.). They never brought it back anytime soon. Instead, they moved it again on Saturday, cause everyone said it was too late. Then, after constant kittening by the community, cause it was unwarrented, still made no sense, totally screwed over the EU, SEA, and OCX players, cause that meant they only had 1 weekend day of reset to play, they finally brought it back to friday night. But rather than putting it back to the 8/9 time that no one complained about and existed for the first 4 years, they reset it to 9/10.

Whatever. At least it wasn’t on Saturday anymore.

Blackgate Native. It takes tremendous strength and skill to pull a lever.