Pls disable the Mesmer skill "Portal" untill you fix the server lode issus

in WvW

Posted by: Senti.5372

Senti.5372

Fix not displaying anything and don’t ruin the Mesmer.

There’s about a dozen other solutions that can be implemented to display enemies.

in WvW

Posted by: LaronX.8079

LaronX.8079

Yes there are and that’s why I said take it out till they fix it. But how ever A-nrt seems either to think the statement “we are working on it but can’t tell” from the other threads us enough or they don’t see it as an issue.

Maybe I should post a how to. Maybe then a-net gets it on there dev tracker.

Blub.

in WvW

Posted by: Revenant.2691

Revenant.2691

Guys, the argument here isn’t against portal hotdropping. It’s an awesome and powerful tactic if used well. The problem is the rendering issue. It’s not the whole enemy zerg being dropped into the middle of your own group nearly so much as the fact that, as far as your client is concerned, they don’t exist but can still damage you.

This can be countered by massing AoEs on the parts to catch them all in one place, but a lot of the time the portal itself doesn’t even show up until it’s already too late for that. Now I realize it cuts both ways, and that the enemies coming through the portal usually can’t see you either, but the difference is that they know you’re there and they know to spam AoEs and spread out the minute they’re through.

If there was no rendering issue, it would be a powerful and completely legitimate tactic, but as it stands it’s not being used that way, it’s being used to deliberately take advantage of the rendering issue and is next to un-counterable.

in WvW

Posted by: Tzash.5748

Tzash.5748

The rendering issue isn’t specific to mesmer portals. They could disable portals and the real problem would still exist. Better for them to focus on the real issue, which they have acknowledged, there was a dev post in these forums about it a week or so ago.

Also, the portal can be used in both pve and pvp. Why should the pve mesmers lose one of their skills because of a pvp issue? Especially given the particpation rate of WvWvW is only around 30% (ANet’s own stats).

in WvW

Posted by: Revenant.2691

Revenant.2691

I’m not saying that this is the only way to exploit the rendering issue, either. It’s just one of the most egregious. Not saying it should be removed, either, just looked at.

Top-of-my-head temporary fix, just put a cap on the number who can go through before it collapses. If you set it to 5, you can still use it for PvE and PvP with a full party.

in WvW

Posted by: hunTShoo.1247

hunTShoo.1247

you can give the mesmer a casttime for the portal.
guardian ultimate is nerfed till its unusable, however you could just heal 5people with kitten cast without stability…
therefor the mes get a portal to beam in people without a theoretical maximum number. which can just invisible bomb everything down in seconds.
and he doesnt ever have a casttime for that.

translated from the german official forums:

No Exploit…true thats why you cant hit anybody when trowing AoE on the mesmer portal as soon as it appears (and 50guys crossing it). The server doesnt seams like to update the right position of the people completly.

we tested this when we defend a tower. we stood up the wall and ported down.
At the end, about 90% of the lootbags could be found on top of the wall (and we have just been 10guys using the portal) – cant be true, can it?
For me, this is a crucial factor to decide wether this is an tactic or an exploit (weakness of the engine/the server).

in WvW

Posted by: Oranisagu.3706

Oranisagu.3706

and again a game developer proves to little forethought on scaling. by creating a 32 bit game they limited themselves to a very finite and small amount of memory and had to ‘optimize’ model loading. had they just made it 64 bit from the start, they could use as much memory as is needed (preloading models in the general vicinity or range of portals and display them instantly if they happen to port to you), and the only reason people would get culling problems is when they don’t have enough RAM. and the fix would be to upgrade the machine which the cheapest available component – I think I paid about 150$ for 24 gigs and you’d need much less.

I just don’t get why game developers are still so attached to an old technology for which a replacement is available since 10+ years.. I never code anything in 32 bit unless its dependent on third party stuff and for that I usually create a dedicated 32 bit process with which I communicate via pipes from the main 64 bit process..

in WvW

Posted by: Wildclaw.6073

Wildclaw.6073

Top-of-my-head temporary fix, just put a cap on the number who can go through before it collapses. If you set it to 5, you can still use it for PvE and PvP with a full party.

QFT.

Either give Mesmer portals a five man limit, or remove the AoE target cap from all AoE. Why should Mesmers be the only ones to benefit from unlimited scaling.

in WvW

Posted by: Zid.4196

Zid.4196

and again a game developer proves to little forethought on scaling. by creating a 32 bit game they limited themselves to a very finite and small amount of memory and had to ‘optimize’ model loading. had they just made it 64 bit from the start, they could use as much memory as is needed

A great point.

in WvW

Posted by: Kempest.9405

Kempest.9405

if a mesmer portal is getting used, make a time freeze for everyone for 5-10 seconds so all graphics can be loaded

its no tactic
is abusing of bad server performance

in WvW

Posted by: sarmatiko.2843

sarmatiko.2843

Good idea indeed!
But unfortunately we have one mesmer in every constant group for support reasons. So I doubt this will stop forum whining, especially when enemies will port into zerg from 10 portals instead of one, more effectively cutting retreat paths

in WvW

LaronX.8079

Well it is much harder to pull a 10 portal sync jump then a “EVERYONE RUN INTO THE PORTAL AND SPAMM AOE” tactic.

I mean I personly stoped using the portal near enemys just to prevent that from happening ( it seems like if you drop the portal and user it in fight it can cause rendering issus aswell) and it would just feel lame to win by such a cheap trick.

Blub.

in WvW

Posted by: blink.4239

blink.4239

This has probably been said but it isn’t a loading issue. I think mesmers or thieves have an ability to make 10 players around them invisible for a short period. So people will sync up the mesmer portal with this ability for a nice surprise attack.

I personally think it is over-powered as kitten

in WvW

Posted by: Vayra.3290

Vayra.3290

Yes there are and that’s why I said take it out till they fix it. But how ever A-nrt seems either to think the statement “we are working on it but can’t tell” from the other threads us enough or they don’t see it as an issue.

Maybe I should post a how to. Maybe then a-net gets it on there dev tracker.

So they should take out one of the most useful skills in the game for an organised group because ONE possible use of the ability causes rendering problems? Don’t be stupid.

The Unnamed[ThUn] – Desolation
Vayra – Elementalist
Forkrul Assail – Mesmer

in WvW

sarmatiko.2843

Well it is much harder to pull a 10 portal sync jump then a “EVERYONE RUN INTO THE PORTAL AND SPAMM AOE” tactic.

I mean I personly stoped using the portal near enemys just to prevent that from happening ( it seems like if you drop the portal and user it in fight it can cause rendering issus aswell) and it would just feel lame to win by such a cheap trick.

Ok so now we know two things from that post:
1. Sudden and surprise attacks considered as cheap tricks. We all should fight like 17 century armies, only in the plain field, only by schedule, face to face. No objections here, dear Sir. We send you our schedule for weekend by the mail.
2. “Jump-into-portal-NOWWW” is very easy and any noob zerg can do this without any coordination and skill. Yet this is very “overpowered” (just look at amount of whine from Riverside – they think this is main reason why they lose) and considered as mysterious shamanic technology available only to FS players. Riverside will develop this tactic only after few months of hard R&D

(edited by sarmatiko.2843)

in WvW

Posted by: Chrysalis.5983

Chrysalis.5983

“Hurr durr suprise tactic”

No, you little kitten. You are knowingly and willingly abusing an issue with the game’s engine to gain an advantage. That is the bottom line and your endless spew of rationalizations is just empty words.

in WvW

sarmatiko.2843

You are knowingly and willingly abusing an issue with the game’s engine to gain an advantage.

We have the same exactly issue with game engine and no one stops you from killing us while we dont see anyone in the next 10 seconds.
There is enough smart enemies (mostly from VS) that can counter portals efficiently, and they also using this legitimate tactic.
Anyway, wipe your tears and fight last day without crying. It’s disgusting to see posts like “we didnt fight anymore because we cannot counter portals” from one of the highest ranked EU servers. Riverside players already forgot how they lost all previous matches to FS?

in WvW

LaronX.8079

You can only read what you want don’t you? The first post is damage limitation. If they would say it an exploit they would need to ban the ppl that used but how the hell they are supposed to do that? Bank all ppl that used portal? Only the Mesmer?

The second post obviously shows a- net want to fix this so called tactic and even nerf it.So try talking down will you can hide behind an exploit.

Blub.

in WvW

Posted by: Aarku.3105

Aarku.3105

Could they just limit the amount of people that can enter the portal at a time?
(1 per second) or something?

I have yet to experience a mesmer portal so excuse my idea if it’s craptastic. lol

in WvW

Posted by: jonesbones.9632

jonesbones.9632

I don’t think any non-QQ player is going to complain about the portal itself.

It’s the lack of rendering that sucks. Of course this isn’t limited to portals. Nothing better than chasing a guy 10 feet and suddenly having 30 dudes render around you. It reminds me of the game breaking lag issues of WAR, and that’s disheartening.

in WvW

Posted by: Sizzle Hint.1820

Sizzle Hint.1820

"

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/WvsW-is-unplayable-because-of-mesmer-portal-abuse/first#post271625

“As we have stated, this is no exploit so far but another tactic that players can use in their gaming experience.” lol"

Wow wtf… abusing a glitch is called a “tactic” these days… by the developers?? kitten im shocked O.O

in WvW

Posted by: LoneWolfie.1852

LoneWolfie.1852

The devs don’t care what the players think. That’s all.

in WvW

Posted by: Sebyos.4089

Sebyos.4089

Portal are as dumb and kitteny as it gets.

80 Norn Necromancer Max : JC, WS, TL, AT.
100% World completion.

in WvW

LaronX.8079

@jonesbones: That my point. But some ppl that abuse it just can’t take it to be blamed cheaters.

@Shizzlenit: ALL just dmg limitation. They can’t do kitten about it. How to handle the abuse? You will punish ppl that did nothing. I mean who do you bann? The Mesmer? He probably will say his team told him so or that he never wanted to use it that way or some other kitten like our friend from shiverpeack. Take the ratting away? Again you hurt ppl that did nothing. The servers that will get matched with them will have a lame week and the get big WvW for the kitten they did.
Bann everyone that used a Mesmer portal? Well with the jumping puzzle in WvW you proabaly will bann 60% of the WvW players this way.

A-net is kittened pretty deep in the butt becaus of ppl like sarmatiko. Thay are the reasone we can’t have nice things.

Blub.

in WvW

Posted by: Rezo.4815

Rezo.4815

The amount of mad people in this thread over an approved strategy is too kitten high!
On an off note they really need to fix the loading bug, kind of weird how they havent managed it yet.

For the night is dark and full of nightcappers.
[IRON] – Desolation
The Iron Triangle

in WvW

Sizzle Hint.1820

@jonesbones: That my point. But some ppl that abuse it just can’t take it to be blamed cheaters.

@Shizzlenit: ALL just dmg limitation. They can’t do kitten about it. How to handle the abuse? You will punish ppl that did nothing. I mean who do you bann? The Mesmer? He probably will say his team told him so or that he never wanted to use it that way or some other kitten like our friend from shiverpeack. Take the ratting away? Again you hurt ppl that did nothing. The servers that will get matched with them will have a lame week and the get big WvW for the kitten they did.
Bann everyone that used a Mesmer portal? Well with the jumping puzzle in WvW you proabaly will bann 60% of the WvW players this way.

A-net is kittened pretty deep in the butt becaus of ppl like sarmatiko. Thay are the reasone we can’t have nice things.

im aware of that dude

I just think its kinda shocking that they approve this obvious glitch as a legit tactic. Thats all. Instead of saying, “hey guys were aware that theres a glitch with the mesmer portal right now thats makes full zergs invisible for a couple of minutes. We will take away the skill from WvW untill we have sorted it out, we’re sorry but we think its the only way to promote fair gameplay.”

in WvW

Posted by: Nevron.9413

Nevron.9413

The less of a zerg you roll with, the more of the enemy you can render.

Guild – Shadow of Apophis [SoA]

in WvW

Posted by: Vayra.3290

Vayra.3290

im aware of that dude

I just think its kinda shocking that they approve this obvious glitch as a legit tactic. Thats all. Instead of saying, “hey guys were aware that theres a glitch with the mesmer portal right now thats makes full zergs invisible for a couple of minutes. We will take away the skill from WvW untill we have sorted it out, we’re sorry but we think its the only way to promote fair gameplay.”

It’s not an issue with portals. It’s an issue with the renderer. How many times does this need to be said?

The Unnamed[ThUn] – Desolation
Vayra – Elementalist
Forkrul Assail – Mesmer

in WvW

Sizzle Hint.1820

im aware of that dude

It’s not an issue with portals. It’s an issue with the renderer. How many times does this need to be said?

it doesnt matter what EXACTLY is causing it. It just happens when the mesmer portal gets used……

It’s not fun to fight an invisible zerg…

in WvW

Posted by: uneditedbrute.8136

uneditedbrute.8136

lol how many of these threads do they need to lock before you guys get it. they are not going to remove or disable mes ports. so id recommend you learn a way to counter it.

-Marrett-
-=Charr Jesus=-
[ZN] Zero Negative of Blackgate

in WvW

sarmatiko.2843

it doesnt matter what EXACTLY is causing it. It just happens when the mesmer portal gets used……
It’s not fun to fight an invisible zerg…

I have 5 fps in WvWvW. It’s no fun to have 5 fps in WvWvW.
I dont see enemy zerg bashing our gates when I exit keep portal (portal!! arrrgh!! lets remove exit portals too because they cause teleportation!). Please dont bash our gates and walls with zergs (not more than 5 people) because you causing lags and rendering issues on my side. And if you refuse then I decide that you ruining my experience intentionally.

Also it’s funny how germans read only what they like to read.
All players on all servers have rendering issues caused by game engine underdevelopment. It does not matters how you experience it – when zerg attacking you suddenly jumping from the keep wall, from water, from behind, trough mesmer or gate portal – you and your enemy both will not see each other. Arena working on the fix and we all wait for the fix to kill your zerg even more efficiently (now with ability to see all zerglings).
But you can protect yourself if you cover all possible income paths by scouts so you will have 3-5 seconds to setup your AoE or change your positions and prepare.
All we have seen in our roamings – it’s no matter how you attack Riverside pug (even with obvious “let’s just run into them from behind ololo”) – they never show even smallest parts of intelligence and tactic and die.
Hopefully Arborstone will move Riverside from D1 and we will see more interesting fights without whining.