Poll just hit 75%, please go vote!

in WvW

Posted by: TallBarr.2184

TallBarr.2184

I voted no, because I think it’s unfair to give one server two times population size for coverage. Desolation & Vabbi are destroying tier I matchups with hundred rating point difference to #2 server.

Deso was outnumbered and dead before this linking, Piken and SFR was stacked beyond belief. Whats the problem? I know it suck going from plowing over your enemies to getting plowed over by the superior deso forces.

Deso was outnumbered but never needed the linking.

Desolation has gained back most of their lost wvw players that decided to come back because of the alpins and stab change.

Linking had nothing to do with it.

People came back for linking and reward tracks

Ultimate Dominator , Diamond invader

in WvW

Posted by: The Ventari Ele.5812

The Ventari Ele.5812

What if those 75% of votes are from PvE players there to cause trouble?

We’ll release SAB, everybody loves SAB they wont notice the lack of other updates!

in WvW

Posted by: Nate.3927

Nate.3927

And why just 75% is the acceptible poll? Why not 85%-90% for the example??
What about the rest of 25% those are running spawn death rows? They are the expendable minority?

Outrageous! This is just an evidence that there are no system that is suits everybody! Balance people, balance!

why are you contradicting yourself in a single post?

in WvW

Posted by: Nate.3927

Nate.3927

I don’t know why the people stopped playing wvw. I do know that there are a lot of new people playing wvw, and I am not sure if the new players appreciate what they missed before the change.

Your fairweathers left because you’re no longer blobbing over everyone in T2 24/7 now BG is blobbing you that’s what really happened. That’s what always happens on most servers tbh, when you win by a little bit, everybody comes out and all of a sudden you win by a lot. When you lose by a little bit people don’t want to try so numbers slowly go down until you start losing by a lot.

in WvW

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

If some of you don’t like RvRvR with lots of players running around, then RvRvR is not for you… Make sense?

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

in WvW

Posted by: sstefanovv.5269

sstefanovv.5269

I really dont get the people who complain about not being able to roam anymore because of the linking. I personally transfered a week ago from piken to WsR because of my guild, and there are rarely any queues on the RoF/WsR server. At most during primetime there is a small queue of aroun 10 peeps on 2 maps, but for the rest the maps are good to roam in. Heck, even when i was in Piken during the hight of its bandwagon period there were only queues on the maps during primetime. If you insist on being in a t1 matchup, dont expect to roam during primetime, but outside primetime you have plenty of space to roam without problems. And there are plenty of matchup in the lower tiers still that do not have any significant queues in more then 1 map.

Also, just Fyi, the poll itself is at 76% now, but there is a percentage of 6,5% voted ¨does not count, just here to check the result¨. So the number of people voted in favor is more likely to be 81%.

in WvW

Posted by: Dlarnkk.1068

Dlarnkk.1068

Taste the pain, Original poster.
More than 76% voted yes.
TASTE IT. Should’ve just gone for sPVP instead, I mean.

It doesn’t have blob fights, and it’s just smaller map. Sure it might not be open world like WvW, but definitely won’t get you engaged in 1 vs 20.

in WvW

Posted by: ThomasC.1056

ThomasC.1056

I’m playing in Augury Rock, and we’re linked with Ranik Fort.
I won’t speak for myself, but the other evening, there was some people from Ranik talking in the map channel saying essentially they weren’t happy about the linking, because they were happy in their small community, doing “not so big” things, and enjoying it. Putting them in AR exposes them to be crushed by blobs or more skilled players.

There’re a lot of ppl enjoying various playstyles, and everyone should be happy about doing WvW in their own fashion. In that case, they couldn’t because of being forced into a tier too high for their expectations. And eventually, they’ll leave.

The issue with the linking (and every change actually) is that, should people not like what’s happening, they’ll just leave. And that’s an issue for the poll. Indeed, that 75/25 may actually mean that “75% players that still haven’t left out of despair/disgust think it was a good idea”. The other 25% are expecting some change for the better.

That’s the pessimistic analysis. That may not be accurate, but it’s no less accurate than saying 75% “overall players” are happy. A broader sample is needed. Why not publish polls through in-game mail with another option like “I don’t care, I don’t play WvW so much” ?

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

Just curious, what world do you play for? I’m looking at the current breakdown of votes by world right now, and nearly every world has voted in favor of World Linking. There are a few that are 50/50, and one that is against it.

which one is against it? im curious if its my own, cuz i would be surprised if it isnt. (FC)

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in WvW

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

What if those 75% of votes are from PvE players there to cause trouble?

You know it’s wrong because of Occam’s Razor. Sure, it’s possible that a horde of players who have no interest in the game mode, but somehow still hate the WvW player base so much that they are wanting to go on the forums to voluntarily implement a change they don’t want. But it’s more plausible that the WvW community (at least, the minority reading the forums) actually took the time to answer the poll.

When I think about what the typical PvE player in GW2 must be like, I think of WP or Aurora Peachy. They seem too nice and candid to be the evil master minds you imagine they are :P

in WvW

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

That’s the pessimistic analysis. That may not be accurate, but it’s no less accurate than saying 75% “overall players” are happy. A broader sample is needed. Why not publish polls through in-game mail with another option like “I don’t care, I don’t play WvW so much” ?

Well, it is possible for the development team to see how people responded per server, so I wouldn’t be too worried about little servers being drowned into all the “yes” votes from the larger servers.

That being said, your idea definitely has value. The mail could be sent to every player entering a WvW map during a time period, so that it wouldn’t bother players that are not playing WvW at all (I can already read in my head the dozens of QQ threads posted by role players if Anet was to do something like this). It shouldn’t be too frequent, because no one likes polls, but once in a while on important matters, I think the community would be thrilled to be asked for its opinion.

in WvW

Posted by: Mypinkbunny.4513

Mypinkbunny.4513

hey tyler, im from ebay in na and i know the server linking is fine for t1-3 but it has killed t4. Its become a state of who dose not loss guilds wins. People are leaving becuase we are tier locked and it causes the same match up. I know ebay it self has lost 2 major guilds and i know darkhaven has lost at least 1. Server linking has made it hard for the host server to get back these guilds and if they do recuirt they had to go to the lower tier server meaning if you unlink there will be alot of people on the wrong server.

in WvW

Posted by: sionnach.5391

sionnach.5391

Just curious, what world do you play for? I’m looking at the current breakdown of votes by world right now, and nearly every world has voted in favor of World Linking. There are a few that are 50/50, and one that is against it.

To be clear, some of us who have serious issues with the current Linking system are voting Yes because the possible alternatives provided to us via these forums (like merging) seem like they might end up worse – but this in no way reflects an ‘in favor’ mindset. Without a clear idea of what will happen next with a Yes majority, and a vague but troubling idea of the No outcome, what are you gonna do?

Speaking for myself on Kaineng, I am NOT in favor of World Linking as it stands right now. However, the poll seems to indicate that Linking will get some attention if this poll passes – so given an impossible choice, I guess it’s Yes. I’m hopeful it can be reworked into a positive system.

I hope this optimism is repaid – the many issues brought up on these forums are a great resource, and I’m open to direct contact if Anet is looking for a Kaineng player perspective at any time.

Thanks!
Nanesh
Owl Legion, Kaineng

Guild Leader – Owl Legion of Kaineng

in WvW

Posted by: Dangus.6572

Dangus.6572

To be clear, some of us who have serious issues with the current Linking system are voting Yes because the possible alternatives provided to us via these forums (like merging) seem like they might end up worse – but this in no way reflects an ‘in favor’ mindset. Without a clear idea of what will happen next with a Yes majority, and a vague but troubling idea of the No outcome, what are you gonna do?

Speaking for myself on Kaineng, I am NOT in favor of World Linking as it stands right now. However, the poll seems to indicate that Linking will get some attention if this poll passes – so given an impossible choice, I guess it’s Yes. I’m hopeful it can be reworked into a positive system.

I hope this optimism is repaid – the many issues brought up on these forums are a great resource, and I’m open to direct contact if Anet is looking for a Kaineng player perspective at any time.

Thanks!
Nanesh
Owl Legion, Kaineng

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

[Underworld][ZERK]

in WvW

Posted by: Dlarnkk.1068

Dlarnkk.1068

The best alternative is to do this;
Link ALL the worlds together.
There is a total of 24 servers. There are 3vs3vs3.

Divide 24 by 3, 8 worlds. 8 worlds per each server.

Then let the chaos ensues.
Chaos for day, man. Chaos for day.

If you decides to link all the worlds together, you can probably get the biggest WvW conflict in history of GW2. Too bad you’ll truly never have 8 worlds vs 8 worlds vs 8 worlds [in EU case, 9 worlds vs 9 worlds vs 9 worlds]

The unfortunate downside is this will never actually happen. You have to accountt eh size of the map, and the amount of buildings there is. You’ll need to re-design the entire map.

in WvW

Posted by: Karnasis.6892

Karnasis.6892

If you want low population fights try PvP, because WvW isn’t designed for nothing but that which happens in T8 brackets.

I’ve done pvp, but you seem to think low population means 5v5 for some reason. When I say low population fights I’m saying like 20 vs 25 or 10 vs 20 fights. My server before the linking was just about to go to T7 from T8 in spite of the fact that we actually had a lower population of WvW players than our opponents.

We wanted to earn and fight our way up, which we were so close to doing, but now we can’t. We weren’t asked if we wanted to go to T1, we forced into it.

It might be helping the overall attendance of WvW, but for servers like us, it has damaged the community as well. On reset for example if you aren’t quick enough to get into a EB or a BL under the current system, you have to wait hours in a queue. And this doesn’t just happen at reset, it also happens at peak times.

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

The best alternative is to do this;
Link ALL the worlds together.
There is a total of 24 servers. There are 3vs3vs3.

Divide 24 by 3, 8 worlds. 8 worlds per each server.

Then let the chaos ensues.
Chaos for day, man. Chaos for day.

If you decides to link all the worlds together, you can probably get the biggest WvW conflict in history of GW2. Too bad you’ll truly never have 8 worlds vs 8 worlds vs 8 worlds [in EU case, 9 worlds vs 9 worlds vs 9 worlds]

The unfortunate downside is this will never actually happen. You have to accountt eh size of the map, and the amount of buildings there is. You’ll need to re-design the entire map.

But we’ve had EoTM for years now :/

in WvW

Posted by: Swedemon.4670

Swedemon.4670

Call me crazy but isn’t EotM ideal for roaming and small team capping? Is it the fact that it doesn’t impact PPT that it’s non-preferred? Seems ideal, as there are no queues, plenty of room, and rarely blobs.

I haven’t seen EotM suggested so I’m probably way off.

in WvW

Posted by: Josh XT.6053

Josh XT.6053

So basically you liked to fight doors and now you can’t do that because people will come stop you.

I’m sorry but 75% like it (including myself) for a reason, because you’re the minority that likes to fight against doors only and just ktrain around mindlessly with no fights. You can accomplish ktraining in PvE without running in to enemy players, so there is no need for an empty bottom tier.

Asphyxia [XT] – Fort Aspenwood Roamer
Twitch Stream – AsphyxiaXT
My Builds at Asphyxia.tv/builds

in WvW

Josh XT.6053

Call me crazy but isn’t EotM ideal for roaming and small team capping? Is it the fact that it doesn’t impact PPT that it’s non-preferred? Seems ideal, as there are no queues, plenty of room, and rarely blobs.

You’re crazy. (Just doing as you asked.)

But to your question, no – it isn’t ideal for roamers. Like DBL, its too big and you spend too much time running around trying to find people. Not many “roamers” just want to go around taking camps.

in WvW

Karnasis.6892

So basically you liked to fight doors and now you can’t do that because people will come stop you.

I’m sorry but 75% like it (including myself) for a reason, because you’re the minority that likes to fight against doors only and just ktrain around mindlessly with no fights. You can accomplish ktraining in PvE without running in to enemy players, so there is no need for an empty bottom tier.

People stopped us, I don’t think you stepped in a t8 server. Everyone assumes it’s a ghost town. It’s not. We had our own strategies for defense and offense, and it was a fun time. But we were thrust to the top without even being asked becuase people complained about populations.

Did I mention that we had people TRANSFER to us because they wanted out of the huge blob play style, just to be thrust back into it. Not everyone wants this change.

in WvW

Josh XT.6053

People stopped us, I don’t think you stepped in a t8 server. Everyone assumes it’s a ghost town. It’s not. We had our own strategies for defense and offense, and it was a fun time. But we were thrust to the top without even being asked becuase people complained about populations.

Did I mention that we had people TRANSFER to us because they wanted out of the huge blob play style, just to be thrust back into it. Not everyone wants this change.

No it really is, when BP was in T7 and T8, it was a ghost town. It was boring and most of what I fought was doors. So yeah, I’ve been to T8, I’ve been to every tier in fact.

in WvW

Posted by: TheHeretic.3529

TheHeretic.3529

I voted yes because I wanted maps to be full again like a couple of years ago, and this addressed it.

Anyone who says this is a bandaid is just flat out wrong. Population was dropping well before HoT. People will ALWAYS stop playing a game after they’ve played it a while.

Also WvW is not for roamers. Go to OS or EotM where no one cares what you do.

Maybe I’m a thorn in your perfection
A heretic’s voice in your head
A stargazer, releaser

in WvW

Posted by: lil devils x.6071

lil devils x.6071

I voted no, because I think it’s unfair to give one server two times population size for coverage. Desolation & Vabbi are destroying tier I matchups with hundred rating point difference to #2 server.

Deso was outnumbered and dead before this linking, Piken and SFR was stacked beyond belief. Whats the problem? I know it suck going from plowing over your enemies to getting plowed over by the superior deso forces.

Deso was outnumbered but never needed the linking.

Desolation has gained back most of their lost wvw players that decided to come back because of the alpins and stab change.

Linking had nothing to do with it.

People came back for linking and reward tracks

No, People came back for Alpine and Stab changes. I know this because I was talking to MANY people and why I was here ranting for months on the forums trying to make that happen for them as these were the conditions for their return. There was a DBL boycott going on for months you seem to have missed. Rewards are great and all, but they dont make you come back to a game you gave up on. Ending Map boycotts and improved game play does that. If they want to grow the game mode, they have to make it one of the best large scale PvP games on the market and you do not do that via " rewards". LOL

I personally have no problem server hopping to whatever servers I want to play for but ALSO see how server linking can be useful, though I think it is far from the best solution they could have come up with and it is sort of a " lazy fix’. I am pretty indifferent on server linking really as it does not affect my game play much either way. if they want to keep it? Great. If they want to scrap it? Great. It does not really impact me as I play on populated servers anyhow because I want players to fight with and against at all times.

[KILL]Killing Tiers Leader [TOON] Toons of Terror Leader [NEWS This Just In Leader
WvW / PVP ONLY

(edited by lil devils x.6071)

in WvW

Posted by: Crise.9401

Crise.9401

The entire poll was created very much in a way that is biased towards removing world linking. For one, as it has been understood, 25% or more “no” votes will result in immediate action whereas 75% will not result in any action at present time.

So basically, if you are unhappy enough to never want to see worlds linked again, you get what you want instantly, and with a significant minority of all the votes, whereas anyone who thinks world linking has problems but is worth keeping around for now or anyone who is happy about the current situation has to reach a very specific threshold of votes before their votes have any meaning.

If the poll was unbiased it would require the same 75% majority for either choice to be valid.

in WvW

Posted by: Budman.2934

Budman.2934

WvW maps have always been a guild controlled warring map the guilds decide what happens on the maps unless a PUG decides to take leadership of the other pugs which in turn allows for guilds to do there small roaming

nobody forces anyone into a zerg and yes it can be ideal but its not required what most of people in the lower tier servers are complaining about is that now they have a zerg ontop of there small ops which 9/10 people want to join there zerg instead of small ops which should be opened with welcome arms instead of throw to the ground at smaller tiers think of it on a bases of strategy’s if the main army is fighting on the left field then a small ops group and sneak in to the right and cap there Keep because nobody is paying attention

its all about teamwork with more people added to your server and your enemy server tactics must change I used to be from IOJ we lost about every match but we adapted our tactics instead of fighting in one big zerg we spread out into 6 smaller groups and attacked 6 towers at once we focused Point per tick and were able to win matches with just doing that eventually the enemy had to reorganize themselves so then they just focused on small ops warfare which was great but I transferred from a lower tier to a higher one for the zerging experience alongside the small ops

what I’m trying to say is expand your view on the situation there are a lot of positives you are missing out because your only focusing on the one negative that you might yourself be wrong about

-this post is related to several topics that people have posted here not just the one I quoted-

in WvW

Karnasis.6892

No it really is, when BP was in T7 and T8, it was a ghost town. It was boring and most of what I fought was doors. So yeah, I’ve been to T8, I’ve been to every tier in fact.

its all about teamwork with more people added to your server and your enemy server tactics must change I used to be from IOJ we lost about every match but we adapted our tactics instead of fighting in one big zerg we spread out into 6 smaller groups and attacked 6 towers at once we focused Point per tick and were able to win matches with just doing that eventually the enemy had to reorganize themselves so then they just focused on small ops warfare which was great but I transferred from a lower tier to a higher one for the zerging experience alongside the small ops

what I’m trying to say is expand your view on the situation there are a lot of positives you are missing out because your only focusing on the one negative that you might yourself be wrong about

T8 was about strategy, as my server was outnumbered most of the time (ET), but we worked our way to almost going to T7 with lower numbers. And it was never a ghost town, there were always people on the map.

As for the small ops quote, that would be great, but it doesn’t work where we are at now. You can’t step go outside and start taking camps as a small group without either running into a group of enemies or friends. If you liked taking camps alone your lucky if you can even do that without running into someone else. God forbid you want to challenge yourself and take a tower or a keep with a low number of players.

And frankly if they sent us back to T8 with the alpines, I’m sure populations would be better than when we had the DBL’s.

in WvW

Posted by: Swedemon.4670

Swedemon.4670

You’re crazy. (Just doing as you asked.)

But to your question, no – it isn’t ideal for roamers. Like DBL, its too big and you spend too much time running around trying to find people. Not many “roamers” just want to go around taking camps.

Thanks, makes perfect sense.

I wonder if another (crazy) option for Roamers is to transfer to T4 (US) or T6 (EU). Unfortunate as you leave your original home, but could provide the preferred game play.

in WvW

Posted by: Kraggy.4169

Kraggy.4169

As usual, this poll like all polls deceive to flatter .. knowing the % who are ‘for’ (or ‘against’) something is used by those who support that view to assert the ‘majority’ of players are of that view .. without the poll showing what percentage of the TOTAL population that the poll applies to (in this case the number of players to partake in WvW) are of this view, the claim of the ‘majority’ view is simply an unproven assertion.

in WvW

Budman.2934

T8 was about strategy, as my server was outnumbered most of the time (ET), but we worked our way to almost going to T7 with lower numbers. And it was never a ghost town, there were always people on the map.

As for the small ops quote, that would be great, but it doesn’t work where we are at now. You can’t step go outside and start taking camps as a small group without either running into a group of enemies or friends. If you liked taking camps alone your lucky if you can even do that without running into someone else. God forbid you want to challenge yourself and take a tower or a keep with a low number of players.

And frankly if they sent us back to T8 with the alpines, I’m sure populations would be better than when we had the DBL’s.

that’s the Whole point of WvW sorry but that’s just how the game is if you leave your spawn your going to run into enemy’s and as for enemy encounters as small ops that’s always going to happen if your thinking about having a small Pug group run around as roamers and capping stuff then you need to organize them a bit more most servers use TS id recommend recruiting everyone communication is Key

which goes back to my original response wvw was made for guilds and people who work together A SPLIT SECOND DELAY can cost you a tower if your not carful in higher Tiers just the same on lower tiers if your capping a tower and you have people taking 2 mins to build siege to bring down a wall then of course your going to lose you have to be organized from the start and plan accordingly

if your a single roamer then why not try to group together with others to take a camp or two to support the rest of your team its easier to move in a group and fight in a group than it is to be a single guy soloing with the boost in population it should be 10x easier than before to find others to help even in lower tiers

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Blackarps.1974

Blackarps.1974

NA WvW players voted on our server and it seems like most are in favor of getting rid of it unlekittenanges. Everyone seams to like the system overall but not the current setup or why T1 servers even got paired. Nobody likes a 2 hour queue only to lag or crash and have to wait again. Most people see queues over 30 and empty maps everywhere else and will just log off and play another game or an alt account on a different server so they can at least play the game.

Maguuma Guardian

in WvW

Budman.2934

NA WvW players voted on our server and it seems like most are in favor of getting rid of it unlekittenanges. Everyone seams to like the system overall but not the current setup or why T1 servers even got paired. Nobody likes a 2 hour queue only to lag or crash and have to wait again. Most people see queues over 30 and empty maps everywhere else and will just log off and play another game or an alt account on a different server so they can at least play the game.

I can see the parring if you mix some Aussie’s with NA to get rid of the Down time for WvW to prevent night capping but other than that I agree the ques shouldn’t be this bad for higher tiers but that can be fixed with a pop cap increase

in WvW

Posted by: Depraved Ambience.7942

Depraved Ambience.7942

Yeah, no kitten most worlds voted for it. You are recruiting for top-tier worlds for free.

I’d be very surprised if Eredon Terrace was not the world that voted against world linking. Linking has completely destroyed us.

in WvW

Posted by: Daemonne.5018

Daemonne.5018

Who would have thought that the polls would show that the larger pop servers are enjoying the influx of bodies to assist in their Blob Fests, while not showing how much the low pop servers hate it.

Do you truly believe the 2 answer poll that does not allow for any stipulations on what we do and don’t like about the server linkings would truly represent a fair vote?

Larger servers vs smaller… I’m surprised it’s only at 75%

Why could my answer not have included that hey yeah, I would be ok with server linkings if they allowed the lower tier servers to continue to enjoy the WvW playstyle we are accustomed to by linking us with a medium or low pop server. I would enjoy linking if the top 2 tiers were left alone.

But I am stuck with do i like Linking or Not. So my choice was no. Being linked with BG (great group of people by the way) and running against other Blob servers is not fun for many of us who are accustomed to fun closely matched battles with the servers who are of similar size.

But polling us is still going to show Yes greater than No as the Host servers house greater numbers by far.

If you play solitaire with only one suit, your game is going to end faster and feel lacking.

in WvW

Budman.2934

Who would have thought that the polls would show that the larger pop servers are enjoying the influx of bodies to assist in their Blob Fests, while not showing how much the low pop servers hate it.

Do you truly believe the 2 answer poll that does not allow for any stipulations on what we do and don’t like about the server linkings would truly represent a fair vote?

Why could my answer not have included that hey yeah, I would be ok with server linkings if they allowed the lower tier servers to continue to enjoy the WvW playstyle we are accustomed to by linking us with a medium or low pop server. I would enjoy linking if the top 2 tiers were left alone.

But I am stuck with do i like Linking or Not. So my choice was no. Being linked with BG (great group of people by the way) and running against other Blob servers is not fun for many of us who are accustomed to fun closely matched battles with the servers who are of similar size.

But polling us is still going to show Yes greater than No as the Host servers house greater numbers by far.

so your all for server linking just put all the low tier servers together and leave the big ones alone that’s something I can agree with

however you have to remember this is just the first step of many be patient and don’t get frustrated over the first few weeks of something new this is just a precursor to what anet it trying to do

in WvW

Posted by: Jordyy.3219

Jordyy.3219

+1 for who made this post, they are looking to double kill the wvw community.

in WvW

Posted by: Lunacy Solacio.6514

Lunacy Solacio.6514

I was in a dead tier for a year. Why would you want to go back to that. I’d understand adding another tier to lessen the queues & make a more roaming friendly tier, but going back to the way it was isn’t an option imo.

What is ‘dead’ to one person is very much alive to another. Based on prior tiers of course: I had someone tell me everything below T4 was dead and T4 was dying, while I was getting constant fights and having a lot of fun in T5 and wondering what in the kitten they were talking about, until I realized oh right, T5 didn’t have 80v80v80 for hours on end. I think this was about 16-18 months ago? Also applied to 2+ years ago though. At that time, a typical zerg was hmm probably 20-40 with smaller groups than that, especially in the 3-5 range (of which I preferred and no spvp is not the same by any means), up to a couple tags and multiple small groups around, but of course there were times of complete map queue with most everyone on that tag. But yet that was ‘dead’. Even when I left t3 and went to t7 13 months ago, shockingly there were people playing! And we got lots of fights. But again, that was dead.

And before it’s said, I had an alt in kitten see what it was like, and didn’t see what was so fun about that. It was literally 60+ people pressing 1 against another 60+ people and doing little else. So I didn’t play that again for the same reason I left t3 when my server was forced upwards, it wasn’t fun. If I want zergs near mindlessly pressing 1 for loot while following a tag, I’ll go to a HoT map or hit up world bosses (which I don’t) and if I can’t play wvw the way I enjoyed, then just won’t really play.

Also, to reiterate, the poll is flawed because even those that don’t like how they are matched up may vote yes because they see it as the idea could work the implementation just needs fixed, but instead it makes it look like everything is great.

(edited by Lunacy Solacio.6514)

in WvW

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

Personally I think this whole world linking is just a positive proof about it, that people by now don’t care about such things anymore like such pointless mindsets as like “server pride”

As if ever something like server pride would have brought you in this game anything at all or further in the game.
This vote clearly proofs for me, that people don’t take it with their permanent server pride here, server pride there so seriously at all, like they make it always sound like, as if their server pride would be the most untouchable holy thing of holy things that Anet must never touch at all, or blasphemy !!!!! RIOT …11111 I think you all know what I mean by this …

The point is taken here, that this vote literally opens up design decision changes to improve WvW more towards a concept, that should work more like Alliance vs. Alliance vs Alliance instead of World vs. World vs World.

I think WvW needs this kind of fundamental rework, because it is the only way how Anet can solve the population issues, by getting rid of server based worlds that fight each other and move over to cross server based allianced servers, that work together as an alliance for a specific match chosen “Faction”, where then again all servers that share the same faction be be crossed together as alliances, so that the player population stays for everyone at all times costant, so that other players will get on the shared maps, once the people that need to go to sleep disappear and get replaced slowly by those, that are active then, when other allianced players of other countries go slowly to sleep, when they are awake.

WvW needs to get rid from the language based servers, GW2 is an international game, and WvW is its most international game mode, where it should be possible for everyone to communciate based on English in the chat at least, because the “real” communication happens anyways on third party programs like TS in the background if you just need to communicate with your commander in your mother tongue.

I think this world linking was also just only a kind of soft test by Anet to get to see, how we as community react on this and this poll should just show now, if the test was in the end successful and if Anet can build up upon this design change for the future to improve the population and nightcapping issues with similar mechanics and features, that I think will lead in the future more and more towards a more significant game mode change from WvW over to AvA based on server independent factions instead of server dependent “worlds” with their “prides” that bring nobody anything at all and helps the game mode in no way, if people hang too much on that, because in the end is server prides nothing but dead weight, that keeps Anet back from significantly improving the whole game mode for everybody.

Without it would be ANet alot more flexible in improving the game mode by changing over to a system that will be more independent from the servers through using factions, which can be shared among multiple servers at the same time for which people can fight for then to improve their “Reputation” towards said Factions as maybe some kind of new replacing reward system instead of the current Power of the Mist-System, which is alrerady short before becoming outdated under Anets current plans for WvW.

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

(edited by Orpheal.8263)

in WvW

Posted by: Daemonne.5018

Daemonne.5018

so your all for server linking just put all the low tier servers together and leave the big ones alone that’s something I can agree with

however you have to remember this is just the first step of many be patient and don’t get frustrated over the first few weeks of something new this is just a precursor to what anet it trying to do

I hear what you are saying, but at this point many of us are already turning away from WvW because of the frustration. As much as we love WvW (in our playstyle of the lower tiers) it is just to frustrating to play the blob game that we do not like. Log in, get into a map (I am not all that fussy when it comes to queues, I’m pretty patient) Run around to take something, oh look Blob wiped Respawn, lets go try taking something else, oh look the other blob wiped Respawn, lets try another map, can’t queues too long and we won’t all get in together. Ok, lets go PvE.

We even see the frustration in our fun commanders. Group isn’t conforming well to the new style of WvW and when we wipe out group twice our size you can hear it in the commanders voice how disappointed they are getting, and guess who starts getting the tongue lashing… Ok thanks for that….Let’s go PvE…

I mean hell, the friggin repair guy at the spawn point asked me how my family was doing, each, individually, by name… think I’m there much?

If you play solitaire with only one suit, your game is going to end faster and feel lacking.

in WvW

Posted by: Supernatural Dawn.3194

Supernatural Dawn.3194

Merge or don’t. I’m tired of being a refuge. Let me transfer to the lower population so I can have a strategy with ppt to win instead of blobs looking for bags.

Low population is nothing like sPvP. When they give me a pvp with siege that last a week and that my guild can drop in and out of to participate as they chose, then I’ll chose that.

Devona’s Rest

in WvW

Posted by: sionnach.5391

sionnach.5391

Also, to reiterate, the poll is flawed because even those that don’t like how they are matched up may vote yes because they see it as the idea could work the implementation just needs fixed, but instead it makes it look like everything is great.

Yep. It’s a Catch-22. The idea of gathering community input is sound and I support it and thank Anet for including us, but in the end the picture this data is creating isn’t really accurate.

I know for a fact that I voted differently than some guildmates, but NOT because we disagreed about Linking. Essentially the vote comes down to our different risk tolerances, which is what happens when you don’t have enough data on which to base a decision.

I am hopeful this will all work out in the end and Anet will find ways to address our concerns no matter the outcome.

Nanesh
Owl Legion
Kaineng Forever!

Guild Leader – Owl Legion of Kaineng

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Theres still some tweaks to be made, and that is what they are asking, the servers “merge” still needs some work (alot of work), still look it was a good change.

On T4, theres, defending, groups, squads(smaller blobs), theres a bit of everything, offcourse during some good time of the day we are completelly outmaned, atm the time i have to play it is 2-6 players vs stacked blob capping empty stuff all we can do is delay.

Blob that only cap empty stuff will cry hard, and hardly Anet can fix server time zone, since wvw is 24/7.

I voted yes for more better tweaking.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

in WvW

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

the wvw linking poll just hit 75% for yes…..for the love of god and all things holy please go vote no….like right now. The linking is HORRIBLE for the game, and is a lazy out for the devs, instead of fixing whats actually broken with wvw….making people want to play their just combining worlds to make it APPEAR as if there are more people present.

Here’s a clue for you anet, alot, and by i mean alot i mean ALOT of people I wvw with arent bothering right now. We dont want the zerg fest running around everywhere, thats not enjoyable for some people. You have basically killed all the people who refuse! to be in a blob mindlessely following a tag like zombies.

I used to wvw…every day…hours a day, and was a commander. Now I go into wvw to complete guild missions, then leave. It is not fun fighting a hundred to 10.

Hi

Thanks for reminding me with your post, I voted Yes !

Sure there are lots of improvements to be made, don’t link T1 servers that don’t need any links, link better for more balanced population etc.

One of the improvements I would like to see is to the bottom tiers as follows:
1. Put some sort of a “special” servers warning in HUGE red letters when joining the servers so that new players don’t accidentally get stuck on them without knowledge of what they are getting themselves into and recommend other servers for “standard” gameplay.
2. Allow free transfers UP, once for every account on there so that people that don’t want to be trapped there with you and because of you can leave freely.

That right there would solve your dilemma as well as everyone that finds themselves in the unfortunate position of being stuck with you. All you’ll be left with, is you and yours.

The other stuff such as population imbalances etc. is not even remotely close to being done, the next scoring update should somewhat help with the population issues for example. And there are still other improvements in the works the sum of which should have a large positive impact on overall WVW gameplay.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

in WvW

Posted by: Teon.5168

Teon.5168

75% of people that vote in no way shape or form represents the number of players that do or do not like this change. most of the people that are against this change have already left, and check back once in a while hoping its been changed,

What a wonderful example of cognitive dissonance.

And fwiw, I voted yes on the poll. The pairings need some heavy tweaking, but the linking idea is a huge step in the right direction, imo.

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

(edited by Teon.5168)

in WvW

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

+1 for who made this post, they are looking to double kill the wvw community.

Yeah! How dare the devs, and most players, want to consolidate more people to make an epic pvp war designed for hundreds of players! The nerve of some people trying to make sure RvRvR survives! Awful!

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

in WvW

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

My wife and I voted an emphatic ‘YES’. I’m hoping that they reshuffle the pairings more frequently. They should leave some servers unpaired if their population is large enough already or potentially putting three servers together.

SBI

in WvW

Posted by: clone wars.9568

clone wars.9568

Still not happy with this or the limited options for yet another half-kitten poll.

Personally given a yes/no only option I voted yes to keep pairing. However I still think this option that anet picked is over very bad. Its simple DELETE half the lower end servers there was always too many server to begin with which only made balance in wvw numbers worse.

Pairing is OK however those servers are unlikley to know the other commanders/guilds/pugs/scouts/ or have full guild access to their “paired” servers ts or other coms. Which still leaves them at a disadvantage.

Deleting the lower end servers giving free xfers and expanding the other servers/map numbers would be MUCH MUCH MUCH better. They can then start having server pride again and not just dumped on a server they’re allies with for a week.

They can then get used to the guilds/pugs/ other commanders that are there and build up more organized servers.

The only REAL fix to wvw numbers is to completely remove at least six of the current servers at the bottom of the current tiers and consolidate.

in WvW

Posted by: clone wars.9568

clone wars.9568

They claim to be listening to the community yet this is the second poll I’ve seen (first i didnt bother voting for) that is completely limited. Please next time give us more options rather than only two. As said above I voted yes to fix population, however I’m not happy with the way its currently being done. So I’m forced to vote yes when its not really what i want. You will end up with people voting for things they dont want with limited polls like this and nothing get better again…

in WvW

Posted by: Caska.4367

Caska.4367

They claim to be listening to the community yet this is the second poll I’ve seen (first i didnt bother voting for) that is completely limited. Please next time give us more options rather than only two. As said above I voted yes to fix population, however I’m not happy with the way its currently being done. So I’m forced to vote yes when its not really what i want. You will end up with people voting for things they dont want with limited polls like this and nothing get better again…

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/WvW-Poll-21-May-World-Linking/first#post6167331

“So the first thing we need to ask is: “Is World Linking a positive improvement to the game and worth keeping around?”

If it is, then the next time we ask players to determine which feature work we prioritize, additional World Linking improvements can be one of the options. But it’s important to ask that question in a poll where it’s clear what the tradeoffs to that choice are. For instance: Players may want improvements to World Linking, but perhaps not at the expense of delaying improvements to Scoring."

in WvW

Posted by: Kaiser.9873

Kaiser.9873

I am from a T8 server, and want to go back to T8. My reasoning is that I enjoy low population fights. I think it can also be a bit more strategic than “let’s blob over everyone and make it blob v blob”.

If you want low population fights try PvP, because WvW isn’t designed for nothing but that which happens in T8 brackets.

Blobbing is strategic, just not how you’d like it. I don’t think blobbing is healthy for the mode, however this is entirely a different issue and it wont be solved by reversing the process.

In the olden days you would still have X number of players, but instead of one blob there would be 4 different groups running around. Now those 4 groups of 15-20 voltron into a giant blob, and it isn’t as fun as it used to be.

I agree that low pop fights are better found in PvP as WvW is meant for larger clashes, but I do wish that the blobs would separate a bit more.