in WvW

Posted by: canadez.5328

canadez.5328

1st place Silver League Desolation (EU)

- stack of silver Dolyak finishers
-1 Mini Dolyak
- 8 greens
- 4 rares
-1 exotic (random crap, so yay?! i guess….)
-100 Dragonite Ore
-100 Empyreal Fragments
-1 Tastes of Liquid World Experience
- 5 Scrolls of Knowledge
- 10 Tomes of Knowledge
- 1 Essence of Luck (Legendary, 500 Luck)

As i expected pre-season pretty underwhelming rewards (but yea its WvW who really thought that they would be good). They might have as well given out to everyone participating.

The only really disappointing part is the limited finisher. As usual anet thanks for nothing.

Post your league, rank, rewards

in WvW

Posted by: Wesley.4590

Wesley.4590

EU Silver League, 5th ranked(Far Shiverpeaks)

Rewards:
-1 Mini Dolyak
-100 Dragonite Ore
-100 Empyreal Fragments
- 5 Scrolls of Knowledge (5 stackes, each 1)
- 6 Tomes of Knowledge (5 stacks each 1)
- 4 Masterworks
- 2 Rares

in WvW

Posted by: BAEK.8561

BAEK.8561

Did you guys honestly expect lucrative rewards from WvW? If they did, then it would completely break WvW balance because everyone would flock over to a winning server.

If you want good reward-time spent ratio, then PvE is that way —-——→

I’m glad that Anet didn’t make WvW into a reward-based system.

{Sanctum of Rall} Since Day -3
Weekend Guardian/Elementalist
No Guild Affiliation

in WvW

Posted by: Status.7928

Status.7928

Did you guys honestly expect lucrative rewards from WvW? If they did, then it would completely break WvW balance because everyone would flock over to a winning server.

If you want good reward-time spent ratio, then PvE is that way —-——->

Why, exactly, shouldn’t WvW be properly rewarded? What warrants for WvW having worse rewards than, the much easier, PvE content?

in WvW

Posted by: Chullster.3608

Chullster.3608

I transferred to desolation a few months ago to play PvE in a less dead server using in-game gold to buy the gems, who thinks anet made any money from people changing server? are people that poor (in game) or daft? (to use real money on gems)

in WvW

Posted by: Zikory.6871

Zikory.6871

Why, exactly, shouldn’t WvW be properly rewarded? What warrants for WvW having worse rewards than, the much easier, PvE content?

Because WvW is a limited game mode. You have a limited number of players that can play it and also it has a direct goal. If WvW had comparable or better rewards, it would turn into a farm, it would kill the game mode and anyone that plays this game for WvW would end up quiting due to the lack of actual PvP happening in WvW.

[KnT] – Knight Gaming – Blackgate
Zikory – Retired Thief
Zikkro – Zergling Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: BAEK.8561

BAEK.8561

Same reward spread across everyone who participated? Or different tiers of reward (and better) for servers that ranked higher?

If latter, that would break WvW completely as reward-seeking players would flock over to the winning server and cause it to stack.

If former, then that would cause tremendous queues in WvW, which WvW-players are already sick of. PvE doesn’t have queues, so it doesn’t suffer from players flocking to it. WvW does, and WvW-players want to play with and against other like-minded players who play for fights, not rewards.

If you’re complaining that WvW isn’t rewarding enough, nobody is stopping you from going over to PvE with rich rewards.

{Sanctum of Rall} Since Day -3
Weekend Guardian/Elementalist
No Guild Affiliation

in WvW

Posted by: Soren.9316

Soren.9316

Least you guys get rewards. I feel bad for those of us that busted our kitten off but wern’t able to achieve the meta becasue we were ya know, actually helping our server… though by the looks of the rewards it seems I didn’t miss out on much. I got better loot from running AC1 and a fractal…

IGN: Soren the Always Lost
Gaiscioch Family [GSCH]

in WvW

Posted by: Preacher.9018

Preacher.9018

Gold league, 2nd place. Dolyac, Dragonite ore, tomes of knowledge, Greens and 3 rares.

To say the least, i am insulted. Thanks for nothing, Arena.

http://www.pevepe.net/ – Seafarers Rest Server community website

in WvW

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

Same reward spread across everyone who participated? Or different tiers of reward (and better) for servers that ranked higher?

If latter, that would break WvW completely as reward-seeking players would flock over to the winning server and cause it to stack.

If former, then that would cause tremendous queues in WvW, which WvW-players are already sick of. PvE doesn’t have queues, so it doesn’t suffer from players flocking to it. WvW does, and WvW-players want to play with and against other like-minded players who play for fights, not rewards.

If you’re complaining that WvW isn’t rewarding enough, nobody is stopping you from going over to PvE with rich rewards.

The answer is to give rewards that WvW people would care about more.
Such as WvW based titles, WvW only cosmetics (only visible in WvW), and an easy one, permanent WvW finishers. WvW skills (which may be an answer for some classes which dont have good WvW use)

The fear of PVE imbalance isnt a good reason for WvW to suck for rewards.

The truth is on average WvW across most servers is woefully underpopulated. It would actually be better for all if they could get a higher population in WvW regularly. Imagine if it wasnt only 3 servers which saw consistent play. You realize that while you may fear queues on your server, you are the exception rather than the rule.

in WvW

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

EU Silver League, 1st rank, Desolation

Rewards:
-1 Mini Dolyak
- Rare WXP bottle (10 000 wxp)
-100 Dragonite Ore
-100 Empyreal Fragments
- 5 Scrolls of Knowledge (5 stackes, each 1)
- 10 Tomes of Knowledge (5 stacks each 1)
- 2 exotic items
- 4 rare items
- whole bunch of green items

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

in WvW

Posted by: Theftwind.8976

Theftwind.8976

100 dragonite ore = 1 ingot which can be acquired from 4 to 5 temple runs taking a lot less time then 7 weeks.

100 Empyreal fragments —- to add to the 3,800 in my vault

10 tomes of knowledge which equates to 15 skill points since I have 9 level 80 toons. How much time does it take to earn 15 skill points?

2 exotics, 4 rares and a pile of greens? Those 4 temple runs would give me the same thing if not more!

If that is what the rewards are then this cowboy is not going to be spending 8-14 hours a day in WvW next season.

Theftwind (HoD)

in WvW

Zikory.6871

If that is what the rewards are then this cowboy is not going to be spending 8-14 hours a day in WvW next season.

It took you 8-14 hours a day for 7 weeks to finish the meta?

Zikory – Retired Thief

in WvW

Posted by: Samhayn.2385

Samhayn.2385

Because WvW is a limited game mode. You have a limited number of players that can play it and also it has a direct goal. If WvW had comparable or better rewards, it would turn into a farm, it would kill the game mode and anyone that plays this game for WvW would end up quiting due to the lack of actual PvP happening in WvW.

you can offer the same rewards as pve but at a slower pace. Why not let us buy crafting mats for Asc gear with badges? You could double of triple the amount of dragonite and coin that drop from lords and we still wouldn’t touch PvE champ trains.

you could increase the chance of good drops off player kills (the tech is in game to lock rewards off someone who has died recently to lock farming). This makes fighting players and not doors important.

tons of ways to reward WvW with out making it a stand in for pve. Its just up to the devs if its something they really want to do.

It was 2 vs 20 but its ok we got’em both!

in WvW

Zikory.6871

you can offer the same rewards as pve but at a slower pace. Why not let us buy crafting mats for Asc gear with badges? You could double of triple the amount of dragonite and coin that drop from lords and we still wouldn’t touch PvE champ trains.

you could increase the chance of good drops off player kills (the tech is in game to lock rewards off someone who has died recently to lock farming). This makes fighting players and not doors important.

tons of ways to reward WvW with out making it a stand in for pve. Its just up to the devs if its something they really want to do.

Devon has already said they are constantly looking at WvW rewards and want to increase them but shares my concern that if they are to great and compete with PvE that it would be more harmful to the game mode.

Have you ever partook in a organized karma farm? You can gain a lot of ascended mats in a short time very easily…they want to avoid that being the norm of how WvW is being played….

Zikory – Retired Thief

in WvW

Theftwind.8976

It took you 8-14 hours a day for 7 weeks to finish the meta?

I finished the meta at the end of the first week. The time spent was to insure my server finished first in our league in the hope of gaining a decent reward. If I had used that first week and ran temple runs I would have been way further ahead.

Theftwind (HoD)

in WvW

Posted by: Usagi.4835

Usagi.4835

Were you guys really expecting a permanent finisher? Pah, it didn’t cost you gems to get it.

Commander Chocolate Teapot | Prettier than you | Forum damsel in distress

in WvW

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

LOL @ the rewards, and for all them people that transferred to a stacked server, hope all them gems for gold/$$$ where worth it.

in WvW

Theftwind.8976

Were you guys really expecting a permanent finisher? Pah, it didn’t cost you gems to get it.

No I think expectations were that the rewards would be scaled to the time involved. Take a look at the rewards for 7 weeks of working to get your server to first place. Now how long do you think it would take to get those same rewards (minus the mini) if you had used that 7 weeks to run dungeons/temples/fractals.

Edit: Think about it in this way. A PvE player could have gotten the meta in a week easily and then gone back to PvE and run temples for the remaining 6 weeks. That PvE player would have gained way more then someone who devoted the full 7 weeks to WvW to insure their server finished as high as possible.

Forget the temples. If you just did Jormag daily for 1 week you would be better off then what was gained for 7 weeks.

Theftwind (HoD)

(edited by Theftwind.8976)

in WvW

Posted by: Delvoire.8930

Delvoire.8930

Yeah I expected a permanent finisher. 250 uses? That’s gone in like 1 hour of WvW play… I mean.. C’mon.

We were supposed to be able to show off these finishers. Most of these will be out of game play within a week.

80 ~Thief~ Isabella Angel | 80 ~Eng~ Ratchet McClank
80 ~Warrior~ Delvoire | 80 ~Ele~ Azalea Avenir
80 ~ Guardian~ Rag Nor | Server ~ FA

in WvW

Posted by: Oghier.7419

Oghier.7419

This is equivalent to about two or three days of PvE.

Casual PvE.

Snit Dirtnap (Thief)
Ratbag Dogsticker (Guardian)
…Yak’s Bend

in WvW

Posted by: Azog.3671

Azog.3671

2nd place gold league (SFR)
-1 Mini Dolyak
- Rare WXP bottle (10 000 wxp)
-100 Dragonite Ore
-100 Empyreal Fragments
- 5 Scrolls of Knowledge
- 9 Tomes of Knowledge
- 9green
- 3 rare items

Thx Anet for spiting in my and any others face. Never ending 2hour queues, achievemnt hunters, puzzle jumpers, skill delays, mega lags, no overflow www map, PVE scrubs – Noobs and Tards in WwWwW destroying anything they can and now this Chest full of ôôôô….WTB more face spiting from anet.

in WvW

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

Nobody expected much, yet so many still feel underwhelmed.

I am surprised that the finishers are temporary.

Lastly, RNG is still kitten stupid.

SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Aveneo.2068

Aveneo.2068

1st place silver league (Desolation)
-1 Mini Dolyak
- 1 Taste of WXP
-100 Dragonite Ore
-100 Empyreal Fragments
- 3 Scrolls of Knowledge
- 8 Tomes of Knowledge
- 1 Legendary Essence of Luck
- 8 green
- 3 rare items
- 1 exotic item

Overall not impressed with this season reward as it was mostly just RNG junk and not even related to WvW.

Valiant Aislinn – Aveneo Lightbringer – Shalene Amuriel – Dread Cathulu
Fojja – Vyxxi – Nymmra – Mymmra – Champion of Dwayna .. and more

Highly Over Powered Explorers [HOPE] – Desolation EU

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

The only thing that would have been better about this is if the finisher was a covered wagon being pulled by a dolyak.

in WvW

Posted by: Ghoulina.2976

Ghoulina.2976

NA ones haven’t come out yet.. but.. did you really expect anything more than garbage? Honestly? They wouldn’t do that, you have to buy that from the gem store.

Laurels would have been at least nice, you know the equivalent for a monthly etc.

Mîs: Careful what you say. The moderators are watching, and ignorance is strength.
JQ-80: Mes/Eng/Ele/Thief/Guard/Rang/Nec/War

(edited by Ghoulina.2976)

in WvW

Posted by: canadez.5328

canadez.5328

Overall not impressed with this season reward as it was mostly just RNG junk and not even related to WvW.

Now that you mention “not even related to WvW”. Noone got any Badges of Honor unless i missed it. This is kinda hilarious.

in WvW

Posted by: Kaiser.9873

Kaiser.9873

I transferred to desolation a few months ago to play PvE in a less dead server using in-game gold to buy the gems, who thinks anet made any money from people changing server? are people that poor (in game) or daft? (to use real money on gems)

As someone that has run a grand total of 4 instances and spends the rest of his time W3ing, and listening to the moans of many guildmates complaining of having 10g or less most of the time, then yeah many W3ers are poor. Yes laurels would have been nice, but no badges. I have badges flowing from my ears.

in WvW

Posted by: chestonu.8059

chestonu.8059

I for one do not care what the rewards are. I fought for the glory and honor of my Server – and I am proud of that accomplishment, because I like to think I did that.

Plus, I’ve made 90g profit, and a stack of 200 skill points as of today, just playing WvW and nothing else (no PvE at all, save guild missions). That’s AFTER repairs, buying some exotics on TP, buying consumables, buying SIEGE and MATS for siege, crafting sup siege, etc.

If you aren’t making money in WvW, you aren’t doing it right.

The rewards are just a bit of icing on the cake, and won’t bother me whatever they are, big or small. WvW is it’s own reward, for it’s fun factor, at least for me. The rewards just make it a bit sweeter.

Broon Khavar
– [CERN] Commander, Tarnished Coast
– “The best weapon anyone can have, is a sharp mind.”

(edited by chestonu.8059)

in WvW

Posted by: ClaviculaNox.8762

ClaviculaNox.8762

1st place Silver League Desolation (EU)
- stack of silver Dolyak finishers
-1 Mini Dolyak
- 5-6 blue!!!!
- 3 greens
- 1 rare
-1 exotic (98 silver on TP….)
-100 Dragonite Ore
- 10 Tomes of Knowledge

I’m sorry but Guild Wars has the worst reward system compared to the TIME spent to finish those achievements!

I’m not Obsessed , I’m POSSESSED!

in WvW

Posted by: Evian.7806

Evian.7806

4 gold league eu
-1 Mini Dolyak
-5 green
-3 rare
-1 Essence of Luck (Legendary, 500 Luck)
-7 Tomes of Knowledge
-3 Scrolls of Knowledge
-100 Dragonite Ore
it is humiliating

in WvW

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

silver league
1st

1 exotic
10 tomes
1 luck
1 rare
6 greens
1 Mini Dolyak
1 Taste of WXP

…….

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Renee.7814

Renee.7814

Bronze 4th:

mini dolyak
5k wxp
5 scrolls
7 tomes
500 luck
100 dragonite
100 empyreal
2 rares
8 masterwork

thanks for nothing anet…

in WvW

Posted by: lucykate.6920

lucykate.6920

NA Silver League 2nd Place (Yaks Bend)

-1 Mini Dolyak
-1 Taste of Liqiod WxP
-5 scrolls of knowledge
-9 Tomes of knowledge
-1 Essence of Luck (500 Luck)
-3 rare items
-7 green items

Very dissapointed for a 7 week event.. i get more from doing 4 or 5 world bosses in a night.

in WvW

Posted by: Luisedgm.2375

Luisedgm.2375

US 1st place
- some Greens
- few Rares
- one Exotic
- 10 Tomes of Knowledge
- 5 Scrolls of Knowledge
- 1 Taste of liquid WEXP
- 100 Dragonite Ore
- Legendary essence of luck
- 1 Mini Dolyak
- Gold-Finisher (250 uses) WHY IS THIS NOT PERMANENT ARENANET?
- Massive Disappointment
- Lost all hope in Humanity

in WvW

Posted by: WhiteAndMilky.2514

WhiteAndMilky.2514

gold league 1st place.

Junk.

…is there more to be said?

I play all the things 80. Pew Pew Pew. Killin joor commanders.
4 Warriors, 3 Rangers, 3 Mesmers, 2 Engineers, 2 Guardians, and Necro, Thf, Ele
-Beastygate Beast Milk, OG BG Veteran Native

in WvW

Posted by: Amaryllis.5378

Amaryllis.5378

It’s only a game why you heff to be mad?

[KNT] Amaryllie
All the old knives that have rusted in my back, I drive in yours.

in WvW

Posted by: Aveneo.2068

Aveneo.2068

Now that you mention “not even related to WvW”. Noone got any Badges of Honor unless i missed it. This is kinda hilarious.

Correct, no badges or siege bp’s or anything. Only thing related to WvW was that ‘Taste of WXP’. So it’s rather daft that this was supposed to be a ‘WvW Season Reward’.

Valiant Aislinn – Aveneo Lightbringer – Shalene Amuriel – Dread Cathulu
Fojja – Vyxxi – Nymmra – Mymmra – Champion of Dwayna .. and more

Highly Over Powered Explorers [HOPE] – Desolation EU

in WvW

Posted by: Hunter.8690

Hunter.8690

NA-Gold League- 2nd place (JQ)
Mini Dolyak
7 greens , 4 golds
6 scrolls of knowledge, 9 tomes of knowledge
1 taste liquid wxp
100 dragonite, 100 empyreal
1 essence of luck

in WvW

Posted by: Falkynn.3789

Falkynn.3789

Correct, no badges or siege bp’s or anything. Only thing related to WvW was that ‘Taste of WXP’. So it’s rather daft that this was supposed to be a ‘WvW Season Reward’.

That’s the real problem…

in WvW

Posted by: Kreen.3925

Kreen.3925

Never ending 2hour queues, achievemnt hunters, puzzle jumpers, skill delays, mega lags, no overflow www map, PVE scrubs – Noobs and Tards in WwWwW destroying anything they can and now this Chest full of ôôôô….

If the rewards had been better then all the issues you listed above would be much much worse in season 2 if it ever happens. Be careful what you wish for.

I fight for JQ.
Kreen – Warrior L80, Mono Lith – Guardian L80
Higgsbosun – Thief L80, Silvron – Ranger L80.

in WvW

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

Universal rewards + Few greens, 1 rare, 1 exotic (worth about 1g).

I never thought I would feel “lucky” about getting a 1g exotic… but after reading what others got…

Now think about how much time we spent… and how much was spent on siege/food/repairs/upgrades Vs. what we got in rewards. Such rubbish. What happened to making WvW more rewarding?

@Kreen if S2 was like that it might force them to do something about the problem (which would be better for the game as a whole). Not rewarding players + sweeping the problem under the rug isn’t good for anyone.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

(edited by Aberrant.6749)

in WvW

Posted by: Shpongle.6025

Shpongle.6025

Blackgate(US) #1

Rewards:
- 250 golden dolyak finishers
-6 rares lvl 78-80, each 30s
-1 exotic worth 3g80s
-1 Mini Dolyak
-1 World Experience bottle that gave 5000 wvw xp (1 rank)
-100 Dragonite Ore
-100 Empyreal Fragments
- 5 Scrolls of Knowledge
- 10 Tomes of Knowledge
- 1 purple Essence of Luck

I also had a birthday booster on me when I opened it. I think it affected the fact that i got such good drops compared to other people.

Are you Shpongled?

(edited by Shpongle.6025)

in WvW

Posted by: Treborlavok.3504

Treborlavok.3504

BG, US 1st.

Same as every other 1st place server…. which is fine, but honestly for the length of this achievement and how big it was… youd think they wouldve given everyone a box… In this box is a choice of your precursor. Sell it or keep it, but you put forth the effort to get the key now get your reward. No matter your servers rank in the end. Make the reward bigger for ranks by giving out addition exotics/rares or extra tomes as well with maybe some mats… but the pre shouldve been given to everyone. give ppl cash or give them the last piece they need for their legendary. make everyone happy!

but the market the market!!! kitten the precursor market!, its run by .5% of the player base if not smaller and needs to crumble. Screw your broken rng system for the old legendaries. with the new legendaries, bring out the craftable precursors and DO NOT make the new legendaries tradeable nor the pre’s. /endrant

I wouldve been happier with a box for an ascended weapon or precursor and some wvw siege and tokens and thats it.

Sylvari Engi- Wait! Don’t leaf!
Asura Ele- Sir Im afraid youre short. Why is it always short jokes. No, youre short on the bill.

(edited by Treborlavok.3504)

in WvW

Posted by: Amaryllis.5378

Amaryllis.5378

I wouldve been happier with a box for an ascended weapon or precursor and some wvw siege and tokens and thats it.

That’s what I do when I go into WvW. I expect ascended chests and precursors to rain from the sky.

[KNT] Amaryllie
All the old knives that have rusted in my back, I drive in yours.

in WvW

Posted by: Avster.1935

Avster.1935

This is soooo funny.

JQ #2

- Mini Dolyak
- 4 rares
- 7 greens
- Taste of WxP
-100 Dragonite Ore
-100 Empyreal Fragments
- 5 Scrolls of Knowledge
- 9 Tomes of Knowledge
- 1 Purple Essence of Luck

Evelyn Whitehawk | Exalted Legend | Demons’s Demise | I Transmuted My Legendary Medium Coat

in WvW

Treborlavok.3504

That’s what I do when I go into WvW. I expect ascended chests and precursors to rain from the sky.

That’s actually not what I said at all. I’m talking about 1 precursor or ascended weapon of our choice world wide for the most tasking, longest meta achievement to date. Also fixing the broken rng drop system as well as making sure everyone is happily rewarded for their efforts. On top of that I also suggested they make sure new legendaries and their precursors are account bound and done through crafting or such an event like we just finished. Not wvw or pve specific but an actual lengthy you have to figure it out and it’s different for each race and which legendary you choose to seek out but ultimately ending in attaining your precursor for said legendary. I know that would never happen but it sure as hell would’ve kept more ppl around instead of making mindless gold and mat grinds.

Asura Ele- Sir Im afraid youre short. Why is it always short jokes. No, youre short on the bill.

in WvW

Posted by: IVIUIEI.9631

IVIUIEI.9631

With all these junk rewards posted im not expecting mine to be any better when I open it later.

vvuevv

in WvW

Posted by: IVIUIEI.9631

IVIUIEI.9631

At least give everyone 80 tombs of knowledge

vvuevv

in WvW

Treborlavok.3504

At least give everyone 80 tombs of knowledge

60 atleast. Since most all of us have atleast 1 of the level to 20 scrolls. Take the pain out of leveling a new toon.

It’s really depressing how horrible the rewards were. But we knew not to get our hopes up. He’ll even the Karla event rewards were better…

Only good thing I can say is the new heals actually look nice. And the pvp leveling and gold systems seems promising.