Put a vote to the participation changes.

in WvW

Posted by: Vegeta.2563

Vegeta.2563

I know there are lot of upset people about the recent changes to the Participation timer for each event or activity involving keeping your participation timer going.

However I think ANet should really put up a vote to ask everyone that actually plays out in WvW if they should revert the changes or keep them as they are.

This Guild Is Fire [PRUF]

in WvW

Posted by: SleepingDragon.1596

SleepingDragon.1596

These changes to WvW just got me to realized how pitiful and unrewarding WvW is and was… My biggest mistake was to be doing WvW since release and ANet just reinforced that view. At first, the Legendary back piece and WvW armor brought me back into WvW after boycotting and avoiding it for months. But the changes today made me realize how much more fun Lion’s Arch chit chat, fractals, etc is the better part of the game. Did anyone even thought this out before implementation? From the looks of it, it was like a quick fix hoping that everyone will like it. Ack.. Failed. What else is new about the team working on WvW???

-S o S-

in WvW

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

I haven’t even noticed any difference. Not sure what you folk are doing.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in WvW

Posted by: Sviel.7493

Sviel.7493

It would be helpful to note the changes you’re alluding to. I don’t know how the old system was, but the new system uses these numbers.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Decay-timer-Are-you-kidding/page/2#post6643146

I think some people are confused and think that whenever you do something that gives participation it adds to the decay, which has not been and is not the case. For example when you take an objective, it gives you 10 minutes before your participation will start to decay; then if you kill a guard it will only reset to 2 minutes if you have less than 2 minutes left otherwise it won’t affect the timer. This is how it has always worked; the only thing we have changed is the reset time for each action.

The reset times are as follows:
• Killing a Player – 10 minutes
• Killing a Caravan – 2 minutes
• Destroying a fortification – 5 minutes
• Killing a Guard – 2 minutes
• Killing a Lord – 5 minutes
• Killing or reviving a merc npc – 1 minute
• Repairing – 5 minutes
• Siege Damage Wall/Gate/Player – 1 minute
• Destroying Siege – 5 minute
• Killing a Veteran Creature – 5 minutes

These happen on event completion:
• Defending a Caravan – 2 minutes
• Completing a Merc Event – 5 minutes
• Completing a Defend Event – 10 minutes
• Capturing an objective – 10 minutes
• Capturing a Ruin or Shrine – 2 minutes
• Capturing a Sentry – 5 minutes

It is still possible that we will tweak these numbers going forward.

in WvW

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

Get a grip people. Even as a roamer you’re not going to do zero things for 10 minutes. Go take a camp before you poop.

in WvW

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

It made it annoying to WvW, tbh.

I mean, even if you don’t care much about the rewards themselves, you feel hounded by that timer, constantly threatening you if you don’t rush,rush,rush to the next camp, next dolyak, next keep, next zergfight.

It does a very good job in reducing the already inexistent queue times on non-top-realms, though. >.>

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in WvW

Posted by: borceskorce.8427

borceskorce.8427

Increase the timer as follows:

• Killing a Caravan – 3 minutes
• Destroying a fortification – 7 minutes
• Killing a Guard – 3 minutes
• Killing a Lord – 7 minutes
• Killing or reviving a merc npc – 2 minute
• Repairing – 5 minutes
• Siege Damage Wall/Gate/Player – 2 minute
• Killing a Veteran Creature – 3 minutes
These happen on event completion:
• Defending a Caravan – 3 minutes

And while you’re at it increase the pip overall acquisition for people who have a low WvW level/can’t play that much. The experience should be rewarding for everyone and should incentivise people to play the mode.

in WvW

Posted by: Deihnyx.6318

Deihnyx.6318

I mean, even if you don’t care much about the rewards themselves, you feel hounded by that timer, constantly threatening you if you don’t rush,rush,rush to the next camp, next dolyak, next keep, next zergfight.

It does a very good job in reducing the already inexistent queue times on non-top-realms, though. >.>

My BL was literally empty and I went trying to cap a tower next to camp, destroyed the wall myself, got the lord to 25% before a pew pew ranger attacked me.
I did all of that, almost capped tower, and when I died, yeah guess what I had decay.

I have literally no idea why people are defending these decisions. Playing for the fun they said…

in WvW

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

The changes are fine, deal with it.

in WvW

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

The changes are fine, deal with it.

Did you read the post right above yours?
And yeah they are fine. I bet they noticed that people played less PvE, which in turn lowered gemstore sales because PvEers spend more, so they are driving people out of WvW quickly. And hey, it works!

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in WvW

Posted by: Rhiannon.1726

Rhiannon.1726

My BL was literally empty and I went trying to cap a tower next to camp, destroyed the wall myself, got the lord to 25% before a pew pew ranger attacked me.
I did all of that, almost capped tower, and when I died, yeah guess what I had decay.

I have literally no idea why people are defending these decisions. Playing for the fun they said…

You get 5 min when you destroy a wall and when you are at t6 participation you have at least 5 more min before you drop under t3.
How long do you need to kill a tower lord?

in WvW

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

You get 5 min when you destroy a wall and when you are at t6 participation you have at least 5 more min before you drop under t3.

Could’ve been southwest desert tower, that one’s a pita to kill if you don’t poop out stab everywhere.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in WvW

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

This is how I feel about it. Its turning WvW into a chore with a constant timer chasing you

in WvW

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

This is how I feel about it. Its turning WvW into a chore with a constant timer chasing you

in WvW

Posted by: Monk Tank.5897

Monk Tank.5897

It heavily taxes the game mode. I thought you finally gave WvW some love and then you pull this crap.
Sorry I cant follow your Zerg, I have to go tag something, don’t care what it is or where it is, I’m losing my participation.
Change the AFK timer so if your not constantly playing you get logged out. Don’t punish 98% of the playerbase to combat 2% that isn’t playing as intended.

(edited by Monk Tank.5897)

in WvW

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

Could’ve been southwest desert tower, that one’s a pita to kill if you don’t poop out stab everywhere.

Takes me 3 minutes on a character with 0 stability.

in WvW

Posted by: Draeyon.4392

Draeyon.4392

No. Please do away with the community “voting”.
Thank you, that is all.

in WvW

Posted by: Deihnyx.6318

Deihnyx.6318

Here’s a common sense question:
Why should I lose tier in the first place while I’m STILL PARTICIPATING?
Let’s not call it participation then if it means winning. But if you participate, you shouldn’t be losing tiers… at all.

I fail to see why we’re fighting over this. Give some credit for participation for tagging enemies, especially lords and other important targets.

(edited by Deihnyx.6318)

in WvW

Posted by: littlemunster.1059

littlemunster.1059

No. Please do away with the community “voting”.
Thank you, that is all.

we don’t need to vote. just do away with the decay and boot afk’ers out of wvw after x minutes of inactivity. running into walls continuously is inactivity.

The BG Super Munster!